User Tag List

Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,700 of 6927

Thread: Game of Thrones *TV Spoilers*

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The events at Hardhome start 30 minutes into the episode and the shit hits the fan just over 10 minutes later.

What's everyone's thoughts on season rankings to date? Season 4 still gets the number one spot for me - very enjoyable opening episode, one of the best finales and the season contains some of the best individual episodes. I think they balanced all the stories and paced the huge moments really well. The build-up to the battle at the Wall and the events in King's Landing were really good and I loved the pairing of Arya and The Hound.

Season 2 would be second on my list - I absolutely loved Tyrion and Bronn running King's Landing. Lots of other great stuff with Arya and Tywin meeting at Harrenhal, Jon going out beyond the Wall and Theon's seige of Winterfell - only slightly let down by Dany being stuck in Quarth. I'd put Season 6 as third, but maybe with a few more watches it could even creep up to second. On the one hand, I feel it gets a bit of an artificial bump from tidying up the shoddier elements of Season 5. The Sparrow and Arya storylines were handled much better and Dorne was thankfully given very little time. But it works like Seasons 2 and 4 in building up to a big battle (and delivering in spades) and I loved all the stuff with Bran. The rest of the list for me would be Season 1, Season 3 and Season 5.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i thought the last two seasons were a real marked drop in quality from everything that came before.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Sansa and Jon isn't incest...not that incest is anything unusual in GoT and also something that has quite widely been speculated.
    She is his first cousin, though like you said incest is nothing taboo in this universe.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time is this on in the U.S.?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's been 9pm CST every year so I would assume that's still the time.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's actually starting at 9 eastern time tonight.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    9 eastern 8 central.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Word.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If some dodgy bastard were to try and live stream it which website should I direct the FBI toward?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would just pirate bay it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in this bitch like

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    If some dodgy bastard were to try and live stream it which website should I direct the FBI toward?
    There should be high quality live streams all over social media.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everything but Ed Sheehan was great. He legit took me out of that whole scene. I fear for the Connor McGregor cameo now.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Everything but Ed Sheehan was great. He legit took me out of that whole scene. I fear for the Connor McGregor cameo now.
    I wasn't all that bothered. He didn't speak much and what he did he did fine.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoyed it. Nothing earth shattering but I dug it. Clegane is awesome.

Euron was also really good got a couple laughs out of me during his scene. The two good hands bit had me rolling

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    "I've never heard that song before..."

*zoom in on ed sheeran making a dumb smirk*

"It's a *new* one"

*still making a dumbass face*

But regardless I'm still hyped. That first scene with Arya!!! And the giant Others! And Sandor Clegane!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cersei/Jaime/Euron stuff was great. I have a couple annoyances with the writing of Euron like how he built the best fleet in the world (?) in a couple months and how he overuses the word murder but I really enjoy the actor who plays him, especially in his scene tonight.

Winterfell scenes were really good too. Sansa's line to littlfinger was gawdly.. "no need to seize the last word... I'll assume it was something clever"

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best stuff was the Clegane bit. He's come further as a character then anyone in this tale except Jamie.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp...its good to see this show back.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Minus the opening scene were something major did happen, the rest was reasserting shit we all know or figured out. At least its moving in a direction and I expect next week to start moving some of the armies across the board to real engagements. The Sam scene was way too much to get to that pretty good reveal at the end of the Citadel.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Sam scenes. The part with him cleaning bed pans and serving food was gross (by design) and maybe lasted 10 seconds too long but I enjoyed the quick editing sequence there. The editing was very un-Thrones-like but it worked well. The conversation he had while weighing organs wasn't particularly revealing or important (aside from explaining that there's a restricted part of the library for whatever reason) but I like getting a look at the day-to-day in the Citadel, seeing what it's like, hearing the perspective of an experienced maester. And then of course was the Jorah reveal- at first I thought he sounded like Stannis (which confused me greatly for a minute) but clearly a guy with scaly arms asking about the dragon queen must be Jorah the Explorah. I'm not sure how he will come back into the fold, if at all. Obviously he's getting treatment from the maesters, perhaps something experimental. Maybe he'll come out looking like a beastly stone man but his mind will still be sound and we'll get Stoneman Jorah vs Zombie Mountain or he'll body a white walker. Do Stone Men get super strength? They seemed pretty bad-ass when we saw them before. And maybe he and Sam will have more conversations and Jorah will tell him about the dragons and Sam will figure out that the best way to beat white walkers is with dragons. Idk.

This episode was definitely a place setter but it was a good one, IMO.

The Hound's arc to where he now gives a shit about people is pretty great, not just because it's a feel-good change of heart but because it feels earned based on all he's gone through, from his conversation with Sansa to his trek with Arya to his time with the church.

It sounds like the next great whitewalker battle will be at Eastwatch by the Sea. Walkers vs Wildlings/Hound/Beric/Thoros/BwoB. Sounds like a good fight, but my money's on the Walkers.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    My problem with Sam at the Citadel is that its just confirming what Stannis told him. It was not some big revelation that was made, he just saw in a book that dragon glass was made there. Its so weird that Sam will believe a book rather than Stannis telling him that yeah this thing happened. How awesome would it have been for Sam to skip the Citadel and just hang out in Dragon Stone while Danny arrives. Danny walks into find Sam and his family chilling on the throne. The other problem with the Citadel is that in the books

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're all buggered.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I got a woody when Jon put Sansa in her place early in the episode. Yes he's her brother/cousin but he's also the King.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyable opener - Arya and Clegane's scenes were the standouts. I wish it had ended wth Clegane digging, rather than Dany wandering around - his character has come such a long way and going back to that house was the perfect way to show it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The episode started with a 10 and then faded down to like a 6 by the end.

Oh and Ed Sheeron? That whole scene just felt weird.

I'm curious how they build up Cersei again because she does seem rather weak at this point considering how many people are targeting her and Jamie is far from having the same loyalty to her that he once did. Someone's gonna turn heel and team up with Cersei me thinks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know Ed Sheeran at all but I have no clue why people are up in arms over his cameo. Seriously, it seemed like nothing.

By the way, were those Lannister soldiers?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Yeah those were Lannister soldiers and that cameo meant nothing to me.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Yes those were Lannister soldiers. Arya was clearly about to murk them all, but then found the humanity in them and chose not to (hence the shots of her looking at all of their swords being away from their bodies, the close up of her sword right, then the boys talking about how they just wanted to be home with their daddy on his crabbing boat, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode. But that scene was filler. D&D even said that the whole cameo was something they've been trying to do as a surprise/fun thing for Maisie Williams for the past several seasons because she apparently is an Ed Sheeran super fan. I don't even dislike the guy- I like his music well enough and have no problems with him. I just thought the scene as a whole seemed forced, or out of place. Perhaps a little campy.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am OK with the scene if it leads to either Arya getting her humanity back a bit or they walk her right into King's Landing during a crucial point, because fuck Ceresi.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Enjoyable opener - Arya and Clegane's scenes were the standouts. I wish it had ended wth Clegane digging, rather than Dany wandering around - his character has come such a long way and going back to that house was the perfect way to show it.
    She's wandering around on Dragonstone though. The place the Targs first called home when they left Valyria. It was where Dany escaped from as a child. And now shes back.

That moment was chilling for me.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the scene was filler. I liked the reminder that there are still good guys around, on both sides. Arya needed that reminder too. We'll see how it effects her. I doubt the scene was written just for ed sheeran. true that they wanted to cast him as a surprise for Maisie but that doesnt mean it was written for that reason. I only vaguely recognize his face anyway. you could kind of tell he was a shitty actor but it was such a small part that it was fine.

I love Arya but I'm not sure she survives this season. She probably shouldn't - she's too powerful now. In last season's finale it wasn't clear whether she took a face from the House of Black and White or could make new faces from dead bodies. Now that we know what she can do it's sort of a cheat code. I'm still rooting for her to finish off her list but I don't think she'll make it to the end.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been of the notion that Arya was never meant to complete her death list. I think her journey will be guided by that list but I think in importance to the story that she is only meant to kill one person.

I used to believe that it would be Sansa. I used to have a feeling Sansa was going to become disconnected from emotion and become cruel and evil but I've long since passed that theory. Now I'm not so sure who she's going to kill that's going to set things right.

All I know is, book or show, I want her to get to see Jon one more time.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Arya has already killed more than one person from her list.

The notion of her heading to KL is pretty daunting. We've heard references before about the lone wolf dying, and the pack is in Winterfell. That's where I was hoping she would go. If she is only going to kill one more person from her list, I hope it's the mountain. Just because that would extremely satisfying to see. But I agree - I hope she makes it to the end.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She doesn't need to make it to the end so I doubt she will.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could definitely see Jaime killing Arya.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Jamie killing Arya has to lead to Jamie biting as well.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Arya has already killed more than one person from her list.

The notion of her heading to KL is pretty daunting. We've heard references before about the lone wolf dying, and the pack is in Winterfell. That's where I was hoping she would go. If she is only going to kill one more person from her list, I hope it's the mountain. Just because that would extremely satisfying to see. But I agree - I hope she makes it to the end.
    I mean that there is one special person she's going to kill that probably isn't enen on her list. She's essentially been trained as the Jason Bourne of her world. All that training is for something.

And it ain't for killing Walder Frey

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe she will kill a Dragon.

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I don't think the scene was filler. I liked the reminder that there are still good guys around, on both sides. Arya needed that reminder too. We'll see how it effects her. I doubt the scene was written just for ed sheeran. true that they wanted to cast him as a surprise for Maisie but that doesnt mean it was written for that reason. I only vaguely recognize his face anyway. you could kind of tell he was a shitty actor but it was such a small part that it was fine.
    Absolutely this.

Was everyone too hung up on Ed Sheeran being there for two minutes to not catch what the scene was actually about?

As for the whole episode, it was a typical set up for the rest of the season. It felt a bit rushed to me jumping around, but just about everyone was touched on well, and here we go.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it all other than Euron's scenes. If it only takes that amount of time to build the greatest fleet in the World why hasn't someone else done it?

The Rosk
    Walder Frey is a Villa fan.

Last edited by The Rosk; July 18th, 2017 at 3:44 AM.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who thought dying was the worst thing to happen to him?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I liked it all other than Euron's scenes. If it only takes that amount of time to build the greatest fleet in the World why hasn't someone else done it?
    My biggest gripe here is the complete change of character. They added a showy/flamboyant element to Euron that wasn't really there last year. The build of him into a major player was weak either way but they have turned his character into complete shit.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes exactly. He was way more over the top than he'd been previously.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with Ed Sheeran was that it was Ed Sheeran starring in GOT. It was not (insert characters name here) being in GOT.

I thought his general acting etc was fine. The singing bit was totally lame and forced though. He may as well have had a big placard saying "I'M ED SHEERAN PLAYING A ROLE".

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode. But that scene was filler. D&D even said that the whole cameo was something they've been trying to do as a surprise/fun thing for Maisie Williams for the past several seasons because she apparently is an Ed Sheeran super fan. I don't even dislike the guy- I like his music well enough and have no problems with him. I just thought the scene as a whole seemed forced, or out of place. Perhaps a little campy.
    I didn't think it was filler at all. There was maybe one too many shots of Arya with Ed right beside her, but I soon forgot about him. After all the trauma she has been through, she is still able to see the humanity in those who she would be opposed to. In an episode that was all about reestablishing who is enemies with who, it was a nice juxtaposition from her slaughter at the beginning and a counterpoint to Sansa's lack of mercy towards those who betrayed the Starks. I'm not sure if Sansa will go full heel in the future, but I think it'll be fascinating to see her and Arya meet up with different philosophies stemming from different types of trauma and wildly different levels of agency in managing that trauma.

It was almost painful to see the allies of the Starks questioning Jon and him driving forward his agenda. While I wished we had seen more of Robb's campaign against the Lannisters before he started messing up, all of that stuff was the perfect set-up for last night's scene and Sandra's alarm about the same mistakes being made. Then they nicely tipped her to the other side of the coin by ominously talking about what she learned from Cersei. I've read a few reviews which said that the Winterfell scenes were the least interesting, but I thought they were handled really well.

Him having the fleet already is certainly one of the worst examples of events happening far too quickly within the show, while other events take far longer or develop within a reasonable amount of time. I was also surprised by how Euron was portrayed. He had an arrogance in the throne room that didn't feel earned, after what we saw of him last season.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the scene around the campfire was actually quite a good one in terms of resetting Arya's motivations. The first scene of the episode has her slaughtering dozens of people for the crime of following orders. She then spends three minutes around a campfire with more enemies following orders and realises that they're just...people. I'd expect she'll now focus on the people giving the orders rather than necessarily the rank & file.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a choice between sitting in the Holte or having a slice of Frey Pie I'm asking which beer pairs well.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who were the two dead people in the abandoned building? The Hound knew them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They were the people who The Hound and Arya stayed with in season 4.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you watch the "previously on"? I wouldn't have known right away either but they showed it in there- it was the random guy and daughter who invited Hound and Arya into their home, fed them and offerered him a job, but Hound robbed them and was chastised for by Arya for it.

So I guess I'm in the minority but I love the crazy arrogance of Euron. Thought he was great in that scene. In regard to the speed with which he built his fleet, I agree it's off timing wise but I'm willing to accept that the show doesn't happen all linearly and more time has passed for him than it seems. I mean, enough time has already passed for Ed Sheeran's crew to have arrived at KL, seen then wreckage, for the Frey family to be killed then for them he sent to the Riverlands. And idk that he build 1000 ships like he planned, maybe only 500 (couldn't really tell from the shots of them). So yes I agree but I'm willing to overlook that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved Euron in that scene. A big step up from his appearance last season.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Arya killing Ceresi when she takes Jamie's face would complete the Queen Slayer theory. I heard someone state she will take the Hound's face and due Cleagene Bowl. That would suck and make no sense. I also think Darth Mountain is going down at some point this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed Sheeran quit Twitter over the negative reviews of his 2 minute cameo

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved the Ed Sheeran cameo, because I have no clue who Ed Sheeran is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I had no issue with Ed Sheeran in it. Don't listen to his music, and don't really care about him. To me he was just like any other extra in the show. I was more excited to see Thomas Turgoose.

Musical guests have become a bit of a trademark. I don't remember hearing this much outrage when the drummer from Coldplay was in it, or Sigur Ros.

It's almost like the outrage of Doctor Who

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you watch the "previously on"? I wouldn't have known right away either but they showed it in there- it was the random guy and daughter who invited Hound and Arya into their home, fed them and offerered him a job, but Hound robbed them and was chastised for by Arya for it.
    I guessed that was who they must be. I'm not sure we got a 'previously on....' though....?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith Orton View Post
    Ed Sheeran quit Twitter over the negative reviews of his 2 minute cameo
    LMAO. His appearance was fine. GOT fans upset about the scene are dumb, and he's dumb for deleting twitter over it. Just own it and move on. Turn off notifications. Who cares.

16.1 million viewers for the premiere (10.1 million live, 6 more million on same day replays/streams). Most watched premiere in HBO's history. As expected.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guessed that was who they must be. I'm not sure we got a 'previously on....' though....?
    Not sure how you consume the show, but there's always a 'previously on' (I believe). The one before this episode was pretty long since it was a season premiere. The 'previously on' always reveals where the story will somewhat go that night but I don't mind it, I could use the refresher even as someone who's watched this show multiple times.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I believe they started the previously on during Season 5. I don't remember it for Season 1 - 4.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Just to note, Ed Sheeran was quitting twitter because of people's responses to his latest tour. I remember seeing headlines about it two weeks ago "Ed Sheeran leaving social media"

I think Euron should be over the top, it's just that he was nothing like this last season so it's very jarring. His gift for Cersei is probably going to be the head of one of the dragons I imagine.

The timeline on the show is becoming a little iffy. The lack of there being regular seasons in Westeros doesn't help matters.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed the gift would be Tyrion.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think his gift will be Gendry and/or money, since the Lannisters are broke and the Tyrell's are now enemies.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Euron was very cocky last season too so I don't see how he changed much. In regard to his gift, I've heard this speculated:

(Not really a spoiler since it's speculation but it's an item that hasn't been mentioned on the show yet so I assume it's something from the books, might spoil the surprise if it turns out to be true)

Gendry is a good shout, too... but I'm not sure how Euron would know about Gendry and how to locate him.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd think Gendry, since he was rowing, and Euron was travelling the seas for years.

Regarding your spoiler.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I just think it's something he doesn't already have. Or else he would have brought the gift with him already.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what value Gendry is to Cersei now that I think of it though. She's not going to declare him the rightful king obviously so she would need to just kill him. But given that no one knows about Gendry currently I'm not sure I'd consider it a priceless gift.

I thought it would be Tyrion's head too but that seems hard to pull off. Tyrion better know his sister still wants him dead (more than ever) so I would hope he's not going anywhere without a troop of soldiers with him at this point.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see Tyrion dying. I do see him getting captured and Jamie having to choose again between his siblings.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Minus the opening scene were something major did happen, the rest was reasserting shit we all know or figured out.
    Yes, like every first episode of Game of Thrones always is.

I enjoyed the Sam scenes. The part with him cleaning bed pans and serving food was gross (by design) and maybe lasted 10 seconds too long but I enjoyed the quick editing sequence there. The editing was very un-Thrones-like but it worked well. The conversation he had while weighing organs wasn't particularly revealing or important (aside from explaining that there's a restricted part of the library for whatever reason) but I like getting a look at the day-to-day in the Citadel, seeing what it's like, hearing the perspective of an experienced maester.

It sounds like the next great whitewalker battle will be at Eastwatch by the Sea. Walkers vs Wildlings/Hound/Beric/Thoros/BwoB. Sounds like a good fight, but my money's on the Walkers.
    If what I think is going to happen in this season does happen in this season (and I'm now fairly sure that it will based on last night's episode)...big speculative spoiler
    , then that chat was remarkably telling.

And Tormund, he's going there too right?

Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post

They're all buggered.
    Just giants, not Wun Wun...but at least three undead giants, which is terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think Dany returning to her ancestral home and the first Westeros stronghold (and then retreat point) for the Targaryens for the first time in the 6+ seasons of the show is a bit more significant than Sandor's journey of burying the people he robbed, refused to help and saw as effectively doomed the last time he was with them. Sandor has had a great character arc, but that moment should definitely not have been given precedence over Dany's ending. We haven't been waiting 6 seasons for Sandor to go back to a house, we have for Dany to land in Westeros. Of course who sits on the Iron Throne will all be meaningless soon, but who has Dragons and Dragon Glass won't be.

Yeah those were Lannister soldiers and that cameo meant nothing to me.
    As other's have said. It was an important little character moment where Arya gets to reflect on her vengeful quest having just murdered a whole room of soldiers who had been done what they were told to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND View Post
    My biggest gripe here is the complete change of character. They added a showy/flamboyant element to Euron that wasn't really there last year. The build of him into a major player was weak either way but they have turned his character into complete shit.
    I don't think that he's changed. He was flamboyant last season, we just didn't get to see much of him in that context.

We don't know how long it took in reality due to the way that the timelines work, but the Iron Islanders are pretty much the strongest naval fleet in all of Westeros and nobody but them had the tools and the expertise to built such a fleet and for the recent past they've been completely suppressed by having their rebellions quelled. Can't imagine Balon giving the order when he has had his hand slapped a couple of times. In reality when there are dragons that Naval fleet is not as useful as it might seem.

Arya killing Ceresi when she takes Jamie's face would complete the Queen Slayer theory. I heard someone state she will take the Hound's face and due Cleagene Bowl. That would suck and make no sense. I also think Darth Mountain is going down at some point this season.
    Can't see any of that happening.

I think his gift will be Gendry and/or money, since the Lannisters are broke and the Tyrell's are now enemies.
    It's almost certainly going to be Tyrion I would say.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Show off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Jon would have burnt the body of Wun Wun and anyone else on the battlefield

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The actor who played Wun Wun died a few months ago I think. It's definitely a different dead giant.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Euron was very cocky last season too so I don't see how he changed much. In regard to his gift, I've heard this speculated:

(Not really a spoiler since it's speculation but it's an item that hasn't been mentioned on the show yet so I assume it's something from the books, might spoil the surprise if it turns out to be true)

Gendry is a good shout, too... but I'm not sure how Euron would know about Gendry and how to locate him.
    I'd think Gendry, since he was rowing, and Euron was travelling the seas for years.

Regarding your spoiler.
    Sample chapters from the next book that GRRM has released

And like my little brother has been saying for years every time we mention the wall.

"That fucker is coming down."

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Absolutely this.

Was everyone too hung up on Ed Sheeran being there for two minutes to not catch what the scene was actually about?

As for the whole episode, it was a typical set up for the rest of the season. It felt a bit rushed to me jumping around, but just about everyone was touched on well, and here we go.
    My post bagging on the scene literally included the fact that the purpose was Arya seeing the humanity and choosing not to kill them.

I just didn't think we needed to see some campy fucking scene like that to know she's still human. The last time we saw her, she had the choice of being NO ONE or Arya Stark of Winterfell. That scene provided a stark *douchey smirk* contrast in terms of measuring humanity in comparison to the lannister tween soldiers imo. It was reinforcing something that was made evidently clear one episode earlier, and it did it in an uncharacteristic way imo.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Man reading that post, I should not be this bothered. Apologies.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Bran was warging into that giant, No? That's what I inferred by the way it focused on his eye, then the shot went directly to Bran warging.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but I was wondering how he was just seeing shit without touching a weirwood tree so yea maybe he was warging

Or can he just be the three eyed raven anywhere without a tree

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My post bagging on the scene literally included the fact that the purpose was Arya seeing the humanity and choosing not to kill them.

I just didn't think we needed to see some campy fucking scene like that to know she's still human. The last time we saw her, she had the choice of being NO ONE or Arya Stark of Winterfell. That scene provided a stark *douchey smirk* contrast in terms of measuring humanity in comparison to the lannister tween soldiers imo. It was reinforcing something that was made evidently clear one episode earlier, and it did it in an uncharacteristic way imo.
    Man reading that post, I should not be this bothered. Apologies.
    It's all good.

Maybe you should go listen to some Mastodon. Or Sigur Ros. Or Coldplay.

Fucking Coldplay, am I right?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Well played haha.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The actor who played Wun Wun died a few months ago I think. It's definitely a different dead giant.
    His brother (also near 7 foot) is my daughters RE teacher, met him at a couple of school events and he was a lovely bloke, almost unreal how big he was.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Does anyone think the show will end with the White Walkers actually winning?

I was thinking about this last night. The show feels so clearly building to either a Dany or Jon Snow win, the only way to go against expectation would be to have them lose. I got to thinking which character would you be more shocked at if they killed them off, Dany or Jon?

By already killing Jon at the end of Season 5, I can't see them killing him again. But then again this could be a double bluff.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't think they will have the white walkers win because I think the universe is probably too valuable from a cashflow point of view and they may wish to crack it open again

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I could see a bleak finish with the walkers stomping the north flat and ploughing through the Lannisters force with a last shot of Jon and Tyrion at the head of a rag tag fleet sailing into the unknown to escape, it would fit the bleak narrative but leave a potential for rolling on.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Even with GRRM promising a "bittersweet" ending, I don't see the White Walkers winning. Does anyone else think we see the death of Cersei this season? I just don't see how she plays into the battle with the White Walkers, since she is so focused on her own power. Jamie might bite the dust too, but he'd be great battling the white walkers.

Wall comes down, and the real s hits the fan next season.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my guess but I believe the wall comes down and the evil refrigerated march south thinking they've won for about five minutes before becoming post toasties.

Most of the seven kingdoms won't ever know the real danger they were in.

I don't think Jon would sit on the Iron Throne if you super glued his ass to it. So he dies or takes the North. Dany deserves the Throne but her purpose is more to use her dragons to save everyone. So I'm still not going to act shocked when someone odd like Jamie or Davos winds up ruling at the end.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; July 19th, 2017 at 8:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    With 13 episodes left, it feels too safe and comfortable at the moment assuming that Jon and Dany will win. Something has to happen or change to increase the odds again. It feels like knowing the end is in sight, that all the pieces have ended up in the right places just a little too early.

Something needs to happen to keep us in check again. Like Cersei blowing complete storylines off the map in last season's finale seemed too simple. I enjoyed it at the time of watching, but actually seeing that there has been very little consequences of this just doesn't sit right with me. It almost feels like the last season of Lost now where they are trying to position all the main characters to where they need to be instead of telling a story.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Dingle View Post
    Does anyone think the show will end with the White Walkers actually winning?

I was thinking about this last night. The show feels so clearly building to either a Dany or Jon Snow win, the only way to go against expectation would be to have them lose. I got to thinking which character would you be more shocked at if they killed them off, Dany or Jon?

By already killing Jon at the end of Season 5, I can't see them killing him again. But then again this could be a double bluff.
    I think it will all be cyclical.

Dolorous Edd is the 999th Lord commander- I think that number symbolizes a reset @ 1000.

Old Nan talks about the last hero and we have melisandre following prophecies of the Prince that was promised- Many think this is Jon.

We know of Bran the builder who built the wall- coincidence that if the wall should fall, we have a stark named Bran whose father said (when asked by Arya in S1 if he can ever be a knight), "No, but someday he could be lord of a holdfast, or sit on the king's council, or he might raise castles like Brandon the Builder."

I think the side of the living will ultimately be the side that wins. But I think it will be bittersweet only becaise a lot of our favorite characters will die. Likely beginning somewhere around Eastwatch By the Sea later this season after Sandor's vision in the flames combined with Jon's order for the wildlings to be stationed there.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    My hope: Tyrion is revealed to be a targaryen and ultimately sits on the throne.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    My hope: Tyrion is revealed to be a targaryen and ultimately sits on the throne.
    Wouldn't shock me.

I can see us losing a fair chunk of characters this year as the walkers roll over the wall and through Eastwatch, then in the South as the Lannisters and Snakes cull each other.

I'd love to see Davos end up on the throne but I have a nasty feeling he's going to be our 'shocking fan favourite' death at the end of this season.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The only character I can guarantee survives is Sam. The "we are the world's memory" on top of the library having the opening credits chandelier confirms the "Sam the Narrator" theory to me.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a hope I've had for a while as well. Although lately I've accepted that it's just as likely that the older siblings are Targs (probably by way of rape, would explain the incest) and that's why Tywin hated Tyrion so much.

Because the only child he ever truly created was born deformed.

But Jamie or Tyrion sitting on the throne at the end is fine by me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Dingle View Post
    Something needs to happen to keep us in check again. Like Cersei blowing complete storylines off the map in last season's finale seemed too simple. I enjoyed it at the time of watching, but actually seeing that there has been very little consequences of this just doesn't sit right with me. It almost feels like the last season of Lost now where they are trying to position all the main characters to where they need to be instead of telling a story.
    Cersei has no real allies and is forced to sort of ally with a guy whose known to do the same sort of things she does. How is that a neatly wrapped bow? The odds are incredibly stacked against her and its likely Dany will suffer losses too. She realizes she made a lot of enemies, she simply didn't care. Especially when she was walking naked in the streets when her plans backfired with the Sparrow, in hope she could get rid of the Tyrells with his help.

And yes, more of the characters reuniting or meeting was ALWAYS going to be something that happened near the end. They were never going to keep all these characters in different parts of the world forever.

The White Walkers are the threat. They have been since Season 1 Episode 1. Everything else has been window dressing, even if good window dressing. As the story moved on, more and more of the characters around the world would become aware of the walker threat. Whether those outside Snow, the free folk and the North believe it is anyones guess.

Then again, everyone has their little nitpicks. Mine is Littlefinger. For a guy as 'smart' and as 'cunning' as he is. You would think he wouldn't ruffle the feathers of the Northern alliance if he believed in the threat of the Walkers at all. Those are the people that are going to keep his ass alive. Whether he wants the Throne or wants Sansa. He's going to achieve none of the above because he can't buy the Night King and all the currency in the world won't stop him.

Now if he doesn't believe in it, oh well. The Southerners will probably be the last to believe it and they will get it even harder than the North. Then again, maybe he does believe and all he's interested in now is being a rancid prick, knowing his little game of cards doesn't really matter anymore.
    Last edited by ReDPath; July 19th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mozambique
    Hey quick question:
    Where is the cottage, geographically speaking, that the Hound & co. stayed at? Judging by the weather it seemed obviously north.

But if I recall, didn't Arya and Clegane stay there on their way to the twins for the red wedding? If so, why was the climate so drastically different than where Arya and the tween soldiers were at in the riverlands, assuming they were within proximity to the twins?

Or was it after the red wedding while en route to the vale that Arya and the Hound stayed there?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey quick question:
    Where is the cottage, geographically speaking, that the Hound & co. stayed at? Judging by the weather it seemed obviously north.

But if I recall, didn't Arya and Clegane stay there on their way to the twins for the red wedding? If so, why was the climate so drastically different than where Arya and the tween soldiers were at in the riverlands, assuming they were within proximity to the twins?

Or was it after the red wedding while en route to the vale that Arya and the Hound stayed there?

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hey quick question:

Maybe it was during summer when Hound and Arya stayed there before.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey quick question:

You know how the Starks words are "Winter is coming"? Well when Winter comes to Westeros it really fucking comes. It snows way farther south than normal. It doesn't snow in High Garden but it does get colder there too.

I think it can even snow in King's Landing.

And of course if the "Long Night" comes then the entirety of Westeros will be shrouded in dark and snow forever.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question Bandit the scene with Arya/Hound at the cottage when Hound robbed the guy was after the red wedding when they were on their way to the Vale (or in the Vale already). I don't know exactly where that is in comparison to where Arya met Ed Sheeran but those scenes also could have easily been days or a week apart so I don't think it's an incongruency.