User Tag List

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 606667686970
Results 6,901 to 6,927 of 6927

Thread: Game of Thrones *TV Spoilers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much to say other than sharing the same sentiments as most out there.

Garbage final two seasons nearly killed the entire show. For however entertaining they were, when the writing is that bad, its hard to look away. Those two guys wanted to move on as fast as possible, that's what it looked like. Even Georgy felt the same basically in a nice way.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    At least it's done unlike Martin's work which will be done after his death.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think D&D were actually wanting to move on as fast as possible. The amount of work that went into the final season appears to be tremendous, arguably as much as what's ever been put into a television season from a production standpoint. Granted I did not watch the "Making Of" special they aired a week after the finale. But that sentiment to me feels like fans projecting their dislike of the final season onto their effort/interest level. I just think they faltered when it came to writing original material and focused too much on the spectacle of it. They went away from what made the show great but I don't think it was because they didn't care. Probably because they aren't as good of writers as we thought when they were adapting the novels.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I'm pretty sure Danny going nuts and Jon killing her is 100 percent in Martin's book. Same goes for the Battle of Winterfell.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, it's not that the high level plot points are bad, it's how they get from point A to point B, dialogue, and character development/nuance where they fell off significantly compared to earlier seasons. Giving Cersei hardly any dialogue in the final season, for instance. Making Bran seem like an aloof weirdo completely disinterested in present day happenings even when they knew he would end up king. Making the scorpion weapons appear extremely overpowered in one episode and then useless in the next. That sort of stuff.

I still think about what having a wizard as king would mean for the realm. Forgive me if I mentioned this before, but even the idea of having a trial in front of the king would become moot. The king can see into your past and see what you've done. No trial would be necessary. Would he begin to punish/execute people for wrongs they've done even if they weren't caught for it and there's no evidence? It would be an odd dynamic, especially for all the scoundrels of the realm. King's Landing would become a place where murderers would likely avoid. Perhaps it would become a just city of great men, with the lowest crime rates in the country.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bran would obviously just do nothing, like he always has.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I think it over, they had to make him say "I'm not the lord of winterfell... I'll never be lord of anything", and make him so aloof so that Sansa could play out her arc & become the queen of winterfell. If Bran was a competent human being/leader before the finale, when he was up there chilling with his sisters, naturally he would have been running winterfell since he's the rightful heir to it. this would have prevented Sansa from ending up as the boss bitch (and don't get me wrong I love her as a boss bitch).

so it was like "no I can't be a leader, I'm the 3 eyed raven" until the plot needed him to be normal again.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I believe Bran choose his words. He pretty much told Jamie he was going to die just not at Winterfell. I think saying he did not want to be Lord, because King is better. I so think Queen of the North will not last long.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I don't think D&D were actually wanting to move on as fast as possible. The amount of work that went into the final season appears to be tremendous, arguably as much as what's ever been put into a television season from a production standpoint. Granted I did not watch the "Making Of" special they aired a week after the finale. But that sentiment to me feels like fans projecting their dislike of the final season onto their effort/interest level. I just think they faltered when it came to writing original material and focused too much on the spectacle of it. They went away from what made the show great but I don't think it was because they didn't care. Probably because they aren't as good of writers as we thought when they were adapting the novels.
    Them cutting back from the standard 10 episode seasons to 7 and 6 respectively for the last two is proof to me that they were done mentally. HBO was willing to give them any amount of time and money to resolve the story anyway they wanted. They chose to eliminate 7 episodes just for the time.

Most fans could easily tell you the 7 episodes missing too where they just skipped telling/showing relevant things and just "yada yada'd" them to get to the ending.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Ehh. Maybe one or two episodes were needed but seven..no. So, we get more dumb plans like getting another walker. No thanks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why assume that they wouldn’t use those episodes to flesh out storylines and give more time to characters? With more episodes, the walker plan may have been done differently or not at all. It was a rushed way of getting all the characters together to acknowledge the Night King threat for the remaining 6 episodes.

2 full seasons to end the show could have allowed Jon and Dany to fall in love far more gradually and naturally, provided more time for the likes of Tyrion, Varys and even Jon to question Dany’s fitness to rule as she approached King’s Landing and prevented Cersei from being completely under-served. It could have even given Bran a bit more to do, given where he ends up. I still think Jorah’s grayscale and Sam’s time at the Citadel were odd, since both returned to the status quo pretty quickly, but even those stories might have been handled better.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that while they shortened the season by numbers, they didn't by time. Every episode of the last 2 seasons I'm pretty sure were around 90 minutes whereas prior seasons were sometimes right around the 60 min mark. The only time they'd do a 90 min episode was if they were going on hiatus for a few weeks.

But I could very well be wrong I'm just thinking off the top of my head.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even so, the direction from one episode to the next would be different. I feel they could have gotten more out of 10 one hour episodes than the 90 minutes they put out.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    Even so, the direction from one episode to the next would be different. I feel they could have gotten more out of 10 one hour episodes than the 90 minutes they put out.
    It's very possible.

They more than likely would have just given us the same shit just broken up differently.

For me, the big letdown is simply the complete removal of
    Just seemed like that would have been a very twisted, yet strong side story that would have paired nicely with all the white walker stuff.

Thrones spent a little too much time talking to everyone and not enough time with the darker elements of the overall story. 90% of it was about the Lannisters. Fuck them. More other shit next time.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Finished the series. Not too shabby. It did seem pretty enjoyable but I didn't read the books and I didn't wait two years for the last six episodes to be let down (my buddy's complaint in a one sentence nutshell). I joked with him at least it was better than the Dexter finale. I liked not having to wait after cliff hangers and just being able to watch it as one giant movie. Might start The Sopranos while I still have HBO. Never watched it so it could be a similar experience as in one long watch.

Now my question is what are the big differences between show and books? My buddy said they are pretty long and I just don't have the time to read them but I am curious.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Finished the series. Not too shabby. It did seem pretty enjoyable but I didn't read the books and I didn't wait two years for the last six episodes to be let down (my buddy's complaint in a one sentence nutshell). I joked with him at least it was better than the Dexter finale. I liked not having to wait after cliff hangers and just being able to watch it as one giant movie. Might start The Sopranos while I still have HBO. Never watched it so it could be a similar experience as in one long watch.

Now my question is what are the big differences between show and books? My buddy said they are pretty long and I just don't have the time to read them but I am curious.
    Watch the sopranos ASAP. It’s quite good.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Thank you. Shit, some of that sounds pretty dam interesting. Curious at a couple of those, might have to borrow the books off my buddy's girlfriend.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Watch the sopranos ASAP. It’s quite good.
    That's the plan. Watching some of the stuff my wife and I ignored on our month long binge of GoT then diving in.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yeah binge the shit out of some HBO shows. The Sopranos and The Wire are the best. Then Deadwood.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Thank you. Shit, some of that sounds pretty dam interesting. Curious at a couple of those, might have to borrow the books off my buddy's girlfriend.
    6,7, 10 & 12 are my picks to dramatically alter the results

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Spoiler 7 is iffy, because some of it is fan theory about it. However, there is evidence it could/has happened. Forgot about 4 and 5. Spoiler 1 does seem stupid now. Spoilers 8-10 are stupid and totally feel like stall tactics.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Spoiler 7 is iffy, because some of it is fan theory about it. However, there is evidence it could/has happened. Forgot about 4 and 5. Spoiler 1 does seem stupid now. Spoilers 8-10 are stupid and totally feel like stall tactics.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I always wondered if that was true or not. I just think it was better in the show mainly due to start eliminating characters who no longer have a use

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prequel series set 10,000 years in the past starring Naomi Watts about the Starks and the White Walkers and the Long Night has been cancelled. They shot a pilot but it was not picked up for series. But instead, HBO has ordered 10 episodes (without even a pilot) of the Targaryen prequel, presumably about Aegon's Conquest. Miguel Sapochnik is one of the 2 showrunners.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah damn I was hoping that Naomi Watts show was going to get picked up. Sounded very very interesting.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty solid trailer