All Blog Entries

1. Makabe/Sonico (plus B-Boy~!)

So, beginning with the triple-threat - things went in B-Boy's favor and it happen'd by surprise just when Makabe was down and out of earshot. It was a short match, not the epic we'd hope'd for, but with that sort of camera work, no one really minds (I think it was a tournament match anyways, but please don't quote me on that). What I pick'd up from the match was this: B-Boy uses his stiffness to his advantage (not just to please the audience), Makabe pretends to be a British mat-technician who bumps ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Daniel Makabe - Wrestling Genius ... and SONICO~! (plus, B-BOY!)

I'm a big Daniel Makabe fan, don't ask me why. A lot of people are into him now, and he might be retiring so I'm going to review some of his matches. I was face'd with a plethora of awesome matches to choose from. He fights Hammerstone, Warhorse, and Alex Shelley - so there's not so perfect opponents that I like who Daniel gets to work different matches with. And then, there's matches with Kevin Ku and Cabana Man Dan, which I imagine could knock my socks off. I decide'd to check out a series of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rediscovering Jake Lee as NOAH-Superstar/NOAH Main-Event Renaissance

Jake Lee was an All Japan guy who I really like'd seeing a few times back around 2020. He was one of Kento Miyahara's best opponents IIRC (I'm just a youtuber, not a real tape collector, so my watching is spotty at best). He was like a heavyweight version of KENTA when KENTA was on his rise to the top of worldwide fame. He had some heavy kickboxing leanings, but much heavier than KENTA could ever had hope'd for; so those roundhouse kicks meant something new in heavyweight strategy and against someone ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Match of the Year 2022 (MORGAN/BAYZLER)

I was so glad to find the match of the year 2022; it's Lawlor/Moxley from Defy.
    I was also so glad to find the match of the year 2022; it's Liv vs Shayna from Clash at the Castle in Wales~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, I didn't really *get* Liv Morgan before. I like'd Shayna; her bullying seem'd reasonable in a division where *someone* would cry when she lost. It was a get-out-of-the-fast-lane sort of thing, from my vantage. However, I did notice that Liv did her own unique, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. WWF International Incident Main-Event

During the Free-For-All event, we see some sort of contract-signing between Lothario and Cornette, which turns violent. Jose Lothario punches out Jim Cornette, but Vader races to the ring to due somme bullying. At this instant, we see an incredible spot where Shawn Michaels slides into-the-ring on-his-belly, three-fourths of the distance across-the-ring and pops to-his-feet in about 3/4 of a second. This sort of ubermensch showcasing by Michaels is what gave kids like me the faith that the underdog ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast