PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice UK

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Anglefan
February 26th, 2005, 9:27 PM
I searched and was suprised that their wasn't already a thread on this. From what I can gather, the show isn't doing terribly well in the ratings, so maybe it shouldn't be too shocking.

Anyway, I've downloaded the first two episodes so far and am really enjoying it. The only complaints I have are that the music and voiceovers they use don't match the feel of the show. It's a more upbeat show and the voiceover guy sounds like the same as you'd see on a 1950s documentary about tadpoles.

The boss guy is really good. He's a lot more genuine than Trump and seems to be much more aware of what's going on. They haven't had to reshoot his boardrooms to add in snappy comments like they have to do with Trump. His advisors are great too.

I haven't memorized all of their names yet, but I like the black guy and the guy who's job is "headhunter" (whatever the fuck that is). The tall guy is hilarious too just because he's really awkward.

So have any of you brits watched the show? Why isn't it doing very well?

Reech
February 26th, 2005, 9:41 PM
Mainly cos few people have any respect for Alan Sugar?

Anglefan
February 26th, 2005, 9:45 PM
Why's that?

Reech
February 26th, 2005, 9:54 PM
His affiliation with Tottenham Hotspur....for one thing.

Anglefan
February 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I have no idea what that means. :(

Reech
February 26th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Tottenham Hotspur, or Spurs as they are commonly known as are a London based football team.

:yes:

H
February 27th, 2005, 4:19 AM
It also comes on at 9pm which is a bit of a sucky time since's going head to head with primetime shows. If it came on at say 6pm (like the US version did) maybe it would get better ratings. However it's nice to see they don't use the bleep machine with it's post watershed time.

da_man
February 27th, 2005, 6:11 AM
Alan Sugar is a grade-A twat. That's why I've not watched it.

Mattitude!
February 27th, 2005, 9:48 AM
Wow, shame to see all the negative feedback, I thought the show was quite interesting.

I care not for the whole spurs thing too. The show is quite enjoyable for me.

"You're fired"

Reech
February 27th, 2005, 10:01 AM
To be fair, me and my flatmates enjoyed the US one when it was on.

9pm IS a stupid time though.

Got Dave?
February 27th, 2005, 7:29 PM
Spurs RULE to be honest.. :)

Anglefan
February 27th, 2005, 8:43 PM
Goddamn, some of you better start discussing because I obviously won't be able to find any Americans to talk with about this show! :mad:

Beefy
February 27th, 2005, 8:45 PM
Alan Sugar set up his first Amstrad factory about a mile down the road from where I am right now. Interesting fact.

No? Ok. I'd actuially forgotten all about this. What day is it on over here?

Got Dave?
February 27th, 2005, 9:05 PM
Hey anglefan, where did you download the 2nd ep from? I saw the first last night and it was great but never watched the 2nd which followed it, went to sleep!

Anglefan
February 27th, 2005, 9:07 PM
http://www.tvtorrents.tv/

Freddie Mercury
April 5th, 2005, 5:49 PM
I thought I would bump this thread back because we have all had a few more week to get into it and see how it is going down with people.

I can't believe the lack of interest in this thread. The show pulls in 2.5 million viewers ever week.

As for Alan Sugar, no he is not very popular but for this sort of television his type of character and personality make for compulsive viewing. One thing I don't get and maybe someone can explain this to me. Every week he 'Fires' someone. How can he fire them if they don't work him? :wtf:

The show its self is very well produced and edited and the tasks thy have to do every week are entertaining (more then I can say about that dumb ass model show on Ch5 which I watched for about 5 minutes before turning it over).

I agree with Anglefan first post about the 'Tall one' Matthew being hilarious. During the show were he got "fired" he was really funny. He was left outside the art gallery because they thought he would scare people away.

Personally I don't think anyone on that show really deserves the £100,000 Salary Alan is offering. The Women are all brain dead and apart from one of men no one has really stood out.

da_man
April 5th, 2005, 5:54 PM
Alan Sugar has grown on me. His no-bullshit approach is great. A lot of the candidates are pretentious wankers who need bringing down a peg or two.

Nobody really stands out as really dynamic and a genuine winner.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2005, 6:38 PM
Ive been watching it from the beginning but have missed a couple of episodes here and there.

I think that its been really good to be honest, better than the American version which I also watched. Alan Sugar is perfect in the role, never forced and very genuine, he also speaks complete sense and seems to have made the right decision every week.

Dan The Man
April 5th, 2005, 6:45 PM
I caught an episode while in Ireland... if Trump was half as awesome as the British guy, I'd finally understand why the show became such a hit here... then again, I'm a sucker for cursing, so that may do the job as well...

Anglefan
April 5th, 2005, 11:06 PM
My favorite moment of the whole show so far happened on the episode where they each made their own display in that store. They were getting towards the end of the day and had the savings vouchers to give out to increase sales and Saira (or whatever the fuck it is) wants to make a sale, so she says to a small group of people that the next person to buy such and such thing will get a $50 savings voucher. And then she goes, in the most serious tone ever "It's a race against time. That's what it is, it's a race against time." :rofl: For some reason, that is the funniest thing I can remember hearing on television in some time. I still laugh weeks later whenever I remember it. A race against time? What the fuck?

Hulkamaniac
April 6th, 2005, 6:37 AM
I cant stand Saira, she is the exact type of sales person who I would forget all about buying something that I wanted and walk out of the shop so as to avoid their bullish sales technique. She is also very very full of shit and of herself.

Freddie Mercury
April 6th, 2005, 6:42 AM
I cant stand Saira, she is the exact type of sales person who I would forget all about buying something that I wanted and walk out of the shop so as to avoid their bullish sales technique. She is also very very full of shit and of herself.

She lied about not shaking hands with that Italian guy at the end of board meeting, which really shows what kind of person she is.

Hulkamaniac
April 6th, 2005, 6:44 AM
She lied about not shaking hands with that Italian guy at the end of board meeting, which really shows what kind of person she is.

Not to mention that she used the 'race card' to win one of the events which wouldve been completely unacceptable had a group of the white contestants done it.

Freddie Mercury
April 6th, 2005, 10:16 AM
The other thing I noticed last week when they had to convince the Celebrities to help at an auction, Alan had a go at Raj for the Paul Kenna contribution. He basically said that he didn't know what it was he was bidding for and didn't know why they had Paul add in the book and DVD. He blamed it on Raj when earlier it was Saira who convinced Paul to add all that crap to the auction, and Raj got the blame. :wtf:

Beefy
April 21st, 2005, 8:56 AM
Gutted with the end of last night's show. Which has nothnig to do with the fact that I fancied Miriam like mad.

:shifty:

I can't believe that Paul twat has made it to the final four. He should have gone weeks ago. Saira usually does my head in but she won me over this week.

This really is a fantastic show. Probably the best thing on TV at the moment imo.

da_man
April 21st, 2005, 9:50 AM
Saira is the kind of bitch that even if I wanted to buy something from her I wouldn't, just simply because of her detestable attitude and pressurised sales techniques.

Peter
April 21st, 2005, 9:54 AM
I think she'll win it you know. I can't stand the bitch, but ever since episode 1 i've said she'll win it just because of the way the programme seems to focus on her ahead of everybody else. Or maybe i just think that becuase i hate her more than everybody else. Meh, she'll win :$

Hulkamaniac
April 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
Saira wont win it, she is too forceful and agressive. If Alan has a favourite, itd seem to be Paul. Neither of them will win it because they both rub people up the wrong way and are both primarily salesmen without particularly good leadership qualities. And they only have the one style of working, by trying to force the sales onto people. Thats fine for selling flowers or teddy bears to people on the street, but it simply doesnt work in trying to negotiate with r pitch to millionare businessmen who have been in the business for most of their life.

Either Tim or James will win and Im betting James. He is relaxed and natural, he is smart and smooth and he doesnt tend to annoy anyone, he gets on well with everyone and is successful with it too without being a know-it-all.

It was a shame Miriam went last night, but I think that Sugar made the right decision. She wasnt to blame for the failure in the task, had she led them better, theyd still have picked the wrong products and still have been beaten. The reason that they didnt win was because Paul and Tim didnt do their research and bought products that they would buy, rather than catering towards the target audience of middle-aged women, that was a fundamental error.

However, I think that Sugar made his decision looking at the bigger picture of who he would rather have working with him. Tim and Paul's error was not being knowledgeable enough about the product and the sales, Miriam's error was having poor leadership skills, hers is much more decisive than theirs.

Still, I agree with Beefy, its been damn entertaining and informative and Sugar really is coming out of it with a lot of credability and a lot more likeable than I ever thought of him as the Tottenham manager. It is one of the best shows around at the moment.

Beefy
April 28th, 2005, 7:27 AM
This weeks show was a bit of a slow-burner I thought. When the interviews were finished inside the first 20 minutes of the show I was a bit disappointed but in the end it turned into one of the more tense episodes so far.

Bit surprised at the final two. I thought Tim would make it and I hope he wins. I've got a feeling it will be Saira though, and to be honest if it is I wouldn't be too unhappy. She grew on me over time.

Shame to see James go as he came across as a very nice chap. Over the moon to see that cunt Paul fired though. What an arsehole.

Next week's finale looks good.

Reech
April 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Tim better win.

Saira is the most annoying bitch ever.

Fact.

Hulkamaniac
April 28th, 2005, 2:09 PM
Im glad to see Tim there.

I think that they were harsh with James and maybe made wrong assumptions about him.

Id be gutted if Saira won, she's annoyed me no end all series and she's full of shit and full of herself. Ive already explained my feelings on her a few posts ago.

Given the task next week, I expect Tim to work too. When put in charge of everyone else far more of them will be willing to work hard for Tim than for her, making herself unpopular by bitching and lying about everyone else in the boardroom to save her arse might come back to haunt her.

Beefy
April 28th, 2005, 4:52 PM
Good point Mikster.

da_man
May 4th, 2005, 5:00 PM
YUS!

Tim wins!!!

Reech
May 4th, 2005, 5:14 PM
Thank God for that.

Hulkamaniac
May 4th, 2005, 8:27 PM
I was glad to see him win. He deserved it the most and was undoubtedly best for the job.

The show after it was pretty good too.

Beefy
May 4th, 2005, 9:22 PM
http://www.mitherme.co.uk/images/miriam3.jpg

:heart:

Glad Tim won. As I've said several times now, I warmed to Saira over time, but over the course of the show Tim deserved it.

Shame its finished now. I reckon the BBC will do a DVD and I'll probably get it if they do.

Hulkamaniac
March 7th, 2006, 3:09 PM
You watching it this time Beefman?

Seems like theres some great and frustrating personalities. But it seems to annoyingly conflict with Champions League at the moment.

Hulkamaniac
March 7th, 2006, 3:43 PM
Fucking hell. Theres some right clowns on this one.

The Paki lass heading the girls is TERRIBLE!

Lexi M
March 7th, 2006, 8:16 PM
That sales pitch to the calendar men was AWFUL.

And when she was in the taxi in the end going "I don't think I did anything wrong, I don't know why I got fired" :wtf: Was she really so deluded that she had no clue how bad she was?

Did people cry as much in the first series?

Rolling Thunder
March 7th, 2006, 8:26 PM
That sales pitch to the calendar men was AWFUL.

And when she was in the taxi in the end going "I don't think I did anything wrong, I don't know why I got fired" :wtf: Was she really so deluded that she had no clue how bad she was?

Did people cry as much in the first series?

I never saw the first series but you're right she was right to be fired. It would of been unfair if Jo would of gone.

Esoteric
March 7th, 2006, 8:32 PM
i dont know i think jo stinks bias rules

son_of_foley
March 8th, 2006, 5:59 AM
Hope jo goes this week.

That huge black guy whose name i cant remember (i cant remember any names except her actually) is awesome as is the white guy who was a headhunter. Think he is the only white guy left.

The guy doing the pitches last week was horrendous and geneally a bit of a cunt.

I should learn names of them.

Lexi M
March 8th, 2006, 8:15 AM
The amount of bollocks they all talk is astounding.

I'm sure someone could make a great drinking game involving shots anytime someone uses "thinking outside the box", "you need to get on board here" and other management-speak :chin:

son_of_foley
March 8th, 2006, 9:38 AM
yeah i see your point there lexi m but all of this still brings me back to "the a-team" i think it says everything that needs to be said.

Hulkamaniac
March 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the management spiel is terrible. They really didnt cry as much whatsoever last month, just a couple of times. They tried a lot harder to get along at first too.

The Paki lass who went, she was so out of her depth. When you're doing a presentation and someone wants to know the price, you dont tell them off for interrupting you. ABC...Always Be Closing. Does she know nothing about selling?

El Capitano Gatisto
March 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I watched the first two episodes this time. Fantastic stuff. The only one I think is alright is the tall black-haired lawyer bird.

All the men are fucking awful. They are literally all ridiculous David Brent wannabes.

Skip
March 8th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Just had a look on the bbc website and you can watch any mised episodes on there, rather than having to download a torrent or whatever.
Back to what was said last year, again, stupid time with it competing with Champions league.

Cactus Lem
March 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I liked Harry Hill taking the piss out of it on TV Burp.

Havn't seen the actual show though, heard nothing but good things about it though.

Hulkamaniac
March 8th, 2006, 2:10 PM
How did the girls get disqualified?

I missed the first episode. Was that just a repeat last night? Cos its on again tonight at 9.

I agree with ECG. I like the lawyer bird, the Paki with the spikey hair and the black tubby guy so far, but thats quite literally it as far as it goes.

The rest really are like every other person I've ever met in sales.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 8th, 2006, 2:44 PM
The girls didn't get disqualified, they won, but Big Sugar was annoyed that they used dodgy tactics in winning.

J.C
March 8th, 2006, 2:46 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=apprentice you can watch episode two in full if you missed it.

Hulkamaniac
March 8th, 2006, 2:58 PM
Ahhh yeah...cos they used their sexuality?

Love Big Al like. Theres nothing wrong with using a bit of sex to sell, its the advertising industries biggest seller.

I'm going to watch tonight and flick back and forth to the football coverage.

Excited? Oh, I'm pissing myself.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 8th, 2006, 2:59 PM
Not so much using their sexuality but selling below-par goods to the public, picking up fruit that sellers didn't think good enough for their own stalls. He also felt they rail-roaded a couple of sellers into giving them free stock by hassling them.

Hulkamaniac
March 8th, 2006, 3:39 PM
I see. I only saw the recap in last nights show that said they used unseemly methods and cited them using sex to sell.

Marlon Dingle
March 8th, 2006, 6:21 PM
I watched episode 2 last night, i have to say the girls were pure shite with their calanders. I love the way Sir Alan just like is totally straight to the point, i want the large black guy to win, just coz he looks tough as fuck.

Hulkamaniac
March 8th, 2006, 6:28 PM
Wrong person went tonight but she REALLY should've stuck up for herself. Rookie mistake.

Good lawyer, bad businesswoman.

son_of_foley
March 9th, 2006, 5:05 AM
Indeed. I watched the you're fired thing on bbc3 after. It's suprisingly good and adrian chiles presents it. (y)

She kept saying there was no place were she could have defended herself as he didnt say anything negative to her. I think she glossed over the i need more than a corporate lawyer i need someone to get their hands dirty thing.

Great episode. Can't wait for next week.

Hulkamaniac
March 9th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, my girlfriend said the same about her not needing a chance to defend herself.

HOWEVER, when Jo said that it was her fault as she was responsible for the tyre she should've set her completely straight immediately. Instead she kind of accepted it and half-heartedly defended that other people were to blame too.

She's a lawyer, she should've tangled her to bits over that, but she didnt. That Jo will go because she is utter shit. Should've gone last night, but it was the lawyer's fault that she didnt.

son_of_foley
March 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Totally. That said Jo was very smart on who she brought into the boardroom the other 3 girls would have crucified her without doubt.

The boys were lucky to win. Looks like tempers flair next week in the resteraunt one, Woohoo

Hulkamaniac
March 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah. I figured that she'd take the other girls into the room as they were the ones that pissed her off. Dont know whether that was a masterstroke or not because Alan really should've been able to see through her bullshit. When she was saying that the lawyer was to blame and justifying why it was so clear that she was making it up as she was going along.

son_of_foley
March 10th, 2006, 7:53 AM
They actually showed a handful of clips of her reminding the lawyer about the tyre on the bbc3 show. Maybe 5 or 6 times. She said like i know im hounding you about this but it's important more important than the jacket. And i'll keep hounding you till you get it.

So in away she may have been telling the truth but also she should have seen that it was done.

DId you hear her tell the other girl who survived "Now don't you fucking let me down" or something to those effects.

She is looper.

Hulkamaniac
March 10th, 2006, 7:57 AM
She is absolutely nuts. Dont let her down over what? She isnt the whole team leader. As soon as they put her in with the guys and they lose, she'll be gone.

About the tyre...evidently they are wanting her to look nuts in the edit.

son_of_foley
March 10th, 2006, 8:07 AM
But how can she be on the "A-Team". She doens't look like a single member of the A-Team. I reckon sayed just thought i look like face and that big fat guy looks like B.A lets modify Amstrad fool.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 13th, 2006, 5:54 PM
Jo is Robert Plant.

Peter
March 13th, 2006, 6:02 PM
Jo's still in it because she's entertaining, albeit in a cringeworthy way. She won't win, but she'll be given as much time as possible because she's more fascinating to watch than the others. I doubt Alan Sugar makes 100% of the decision; i'm sure that in the Apprentice USA there was a disclaimer in the credits saying that Donald Trump makes his decision after consulation with the programme producers, i'm sure there will be something similair in place for the UK version.

I want the black guy to win. Either him or Paul, a good no-nonesense northerner :yes:

edit: The black guy, Ansell, also played for Millwall for 4 years.

http://www.millwall-history.co.uk/Squad9091.jpg
1990/91 Team Photo

Love the way they throw the darkie on the very end in the hope that nobody notices him :rofl:

Moz
March 13th, 2006, 6:12 PM
The black guy Ansall, Paul and Syed are the best contestants so far. Syed is quality. Finally having a decent Asian representative rather the two twats they had on last year.

son_of_foley
March 14th, 2006, 5:20 AM
The two other asian twats they have this year are annoying though. Well one in particular but i cant remember his name for the life of me. Can't wait for wednesdays episode

Hulkamaniac
March 14th, 2006, 6:54 AM
The one with the glasses is pretty annoying.

The other one with the spikey hair who was team leader this week gone seems alright though.

son_of_foley
March 16th, 2006, 7:37 AM
Anyone see it yesterday? Pure brilliance. One chicken for every chicken tikka pizza. SKills

Lexi M
March 16th, 2006, 7:45 AM
They had no clue did they? That really wasn't a difficult task to plan out but they just got it wrong right from the very beginning and no-one seemed to have any common sense.

son_of_foley
March 16th, 2006, 8:25 AM
the chef was a cunt not to sort of tell them about portions. Clearly the girls were told how much to order etc

Hulkamaniac
March 16th, 2006, 8:27 AM
The right person went though, she was useless.

Typical how all the girls were being catty about Manny until they realised that he'd actually organised them into being a winning team. Why they all think that it needs to be a democracy I'll never understand. Do they not realise that its the job of the Project MANAGER to manage, to make decisions, to not get his hands dirty until its needed and to over-rule some people.

Lexi M
March 16th, 2006, 8:55 AM
the chef was a cunt not to sort of tell them about portions. Clearly the girls were told how much to order etc

If you've got any kind of common sense whatsoever, it would be pretty obvious roughly how much to order.

They just needed to work out how many portions they could realistically sell and then get the quantities from there. I can't believe no-one even questioned the 500 pizzas figure or the 100 chickens! Even if they'd done 500 pizzas they'd still have had way too much chicken.

Alexa was definitely the right choice to get fired. Her management was awful.

Moz
March 16th, 2006, 9:58 AM
Paul is brilliant. "This pizza is for sexy women, you might just scrape through".

AHAHAHAHA - I love it, he's PM next week from the looks of it. Hope he doesn't go.

son_of_foley
March 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Paul is amazing. The samuel guy is a grade A psycho also.

Annoyed jo didnt go she is infuriating.

I agree on the pizza numbers front i really do. He was probably annoyed as the advice he did give was ignored as he said 500 was too many.

Stigger
March 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
When Sugar announced which team had won it was priceless. Jo was going mental in the background, pumping her fists in the air, clapping like a seal. She's in only for people to laugh at her. Hopefully the fat brummy girl to go next week.

son_of_foley
March 16th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Is the scottish girl or the blonde one attractive? IN any way? Just wondering if i'm going a bit strange. As i kind of think they are. It might be relative though

Lexi M
March 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
The blonde one has an enormous fod.

Hulkamaniac
March 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
The blonde one is hot, very hot.

son_of_foley
March 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Good I'm glad. Felt a bit bad eyeing them up.

Mannie is a tool as iss sayed but sayed is a legend. Can't believe the stuff he comes out with it's priceless.

He is like paul from last year. He was a wacky bastard as well. I think he said he was worth £15m or something at one point. Hahaha made 'italian' fiend.

Skip
March 16th, 2006, 1:24 PM
Paul was great when he was laughing at everyone shouting and getting mad.

I loved his confidence that he wasn't going to get fired in the board room aswell.

"Do you have anything else to say?"

"I'd be very suprised if we won."

:rofl:
My thoughts exactly, was a great segment.

Skip
March 16th, 2006, 1:27 PM
The blonde one is hot, very hot.
This one? http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/images/people/michelle_large.jpg

Qualifications: GCSEs and professional qualifications
Hmmm....

Hulkamaniac
March 16th, 2006, 2:07 PM
Yes.

That Paul is a bit of a gimp to be honest. Funny at times, like an annoying overgrown child at others.

son_of_foley
March 23rd, 2006, 7:49 AM
Thats the scottish one though they are remarkably similiar. I likes her.

Yesterdays was fantastic and paul is the man. HIm and ansell should fight to the death to see who wins.

Glad that cunt mannie went

Hulkamaniac
March 23rd, 2006, 7:56 AM
I wasnt. Would much rather have seen Ruth go as Mannie didnt deserve to go whatsoever.

son_of_foley
March 23rd, 2006, 7:59 AM
He is too slimey for my liking. Really freaks me out. Paul took that shot about the scottish bird teaching marketting very early as well. Hope he doesnt regret that later on

Hulkamaniac
March 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
He was definitely too fast in turning on his team. Showed no solidarity at all.

Friday
March 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
I think the only reason that Big Fat Ruth didn't go was because they wanted to even up the amount of women and men. There is no way that Mannie deserved to go.

I seriously don't know who is going to win. They are all pish.

invicta
March 23rd, 2006, 4:32 PM
I want Syed to stay for tv ratings.

Hulkamaniac
March 23rd, 2006, 4:45 PM
If your first post is an indication of whats to come from you on this forum...you should just leave now.

Stigger
March 23rd, 2006, 9:35 PM
I think the blonde one it trying it on with the camera men, they showed her in just a towell the last few shows running. I think it was the last episode they showed her getting out of bed heading for the bath room in just a vest with big fat nipples poking through. Lovely stuff.

Moz
March 23rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Great show. Just a tidbit of info. I live right across from Saatchi and Saatchi, literally my halls are directly opposite the building and we were in a couple of shots along with the BT tower. So weird seeing a place I see every single day on tv.

Paul is genius. Probably the most rounded off person there. That think about the Scottish girl was the only wrong thing he did, but other than that he's been the top pick. Then Syed. Ansall doesn't really do much, he should be PM next week - let him show what he does.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 5:39 AM
I think the blonde one it trying it on with the camera men, they showed her in just a towell the last few shows running. I think it was the last episode they showed her getting out of bed heading for the bath room in just a vest with big fat nipples poking through. Lovely stuff.

Can you post some pictures of that Stiggs?

son_of_foley
March 24th, 2006, 6:31 AM
The scottish one also ran and was bouncing up and down. Think it may have been slightly deliberate to get more attractive females in. Well compartivley to last year

invicta
March 24th, 2006, 7:19 PM
If your first post is an indication of whats to come from you on this forum...you should just leave now.

I want Syed to win.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:03 PM
Great follow up.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:18 PM
Mani was unlucky to go. He clearly brought up the thing about the team focusing on the concierge several times.

And that blonde one was shagging Syed apparently. Read it in the paper a couple of weeks ago.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:21 PM
How very interesting.

Seems like me and you are the only ones who really think that about Mani due to him being an annoying fucker. Regardless, he shouldn'tve gone in that task, he wasnt really to blame for anything as such.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:25 PM
He is a slimey bastard and very quick to get aggressive when someone calls him on anything. He would never have won, he's far too disingenuous. I think Sugar would always be looking to boot someone like him out.

I'm surprised he didn't mention in his own defence and emphasise more on how he brought up the way the team missed his concept of the card as a concierge and instead went with the concierge solely.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:30 PM
Yeah, if I'm being honest, when put in the board room they've all gone rather shit. Considering they are mainly salesmen, they're terrible at talking their way out of trouble.

Syid is supposed to be the one who can talk his way out of anything, yet he was the worst when him, Dunn and the rosy-faced lass were in the other week. Instead of saying that she couldnt lead them properly and that she created a situation where a whole mish-mash of ideas were being thrown together which made it difficult to work towards one goal, he came up with "I give it 150%, I put my all into everything" and it was like...look mate, he doesnt want to hear this middle-management bullshit, he wants your critique of the task and why it failed and why it wasnt your fault.

Its ridiculous how quickly they rely on their salesman terminology (ie, stuff that basically means fuck all) when they get flustered. I'd like to think that were I in ANY of their positions so far, I could've articulated my way out of any of the problems in a much more concise and simplistic way than any of them have so far.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:34 PM
The Scottish lawyer really let herself down. She really did not deserve to go but she simply didn't defend herself, whereas despite being incompetent, Jo stood up for herself enough to possibly keep her place on the show for entertainment value, if nothing else.

I despise Jo. I hate people who make facial expressions like she does and over-excited about everything.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:39 PM
Well, as she said in the aftershow, she never really felt that she HAD to defend herself, because he didnt at any point particularly level any criticism for the failure of the task at her.

Jo does my nut in, she's a genuine insaniac. She's manic as fuck.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:41 PM
Part of defending yourself is sticking the boot into other people and the lawyer bird didn't really do that either. Sugar wants people to show him they know what went wrong, who was responsible and to defend their role in the failure. She's a lawyer, she should have been able to destroy Jo calmly. Jo resorts to desperation.

That chink has to go at some point. He's fucking useless.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:44 PM
He on the other hand DID defend himself quite well the other week though. He was clear and calm as to why he wasnt to blame and he handed the right blame on both Syid AND the rosy-faced lass without just blaming them willy-nilly for everything.

He just happens to be pretty useless at everything else.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:45 PM
He started crying one day for some reason. It was for something stupid. I wanted to hit him right in the face.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 8:52 PM
The Asian lad with the specs did that too. Whatever business theyre used to can hardly be cut-throat if they break into tears over not being listened to in a task.

Thats why I dont imagine a woman winning this one either. They're all too vollatile or thick. I wanted to destroy Ruth when she told Mani to speak in plain English cos he said she was autocratic.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 24th, 2006, 8:58 PM
That was unbelievable. Made herself look like a stupid fat idiot.

That silly whore who got fired last week as well, she supposedly had a degree in economics but could work out the correct change from a £20 note. She was dealing with pounds like, not even any pence.

Hulkamaniac
March 24th, 2006, 9:04 PM
It wasnt so bad that she got it wrong...it wasnt that she got it wrong twice...she got it wrong FOUR TIMES!

invicta
March 25th, 2006, 7:18 PM
Mani was unlucky to go. He clearly brought up the thing about the team focusing on the concierge several times.

And that blonde one was shagging Syed apparently. Read it in the paper a couple of weeks ago.

It just said they are going out, but i don't know if they are going out now. Where did you get this newspaper.

Friday
March 25th, 2006, 8:06 PM
He probably got it at a market. He can't afford proper papers, so he has to buy fake ones.

Freddie Mercury
March 27th, 2006, 7:19 PM
I think in the next week or two Miss piggy will get put out to the abattoir if you know what I mean. ;)

What worries me most though in this program is that we are told that these people are some of the countries leading business people…………god help us if they are, some of the decision making is appealing. Haven’t any of these people heard of sensitivity analysis or just plain common sense;

“Erm yeah 100 pizzas means we need 100 chickens”

son_of_foley
March 28th, 2006, 4:29 AM
He seems really pissed off with the lot of them.

Then again there's not a tim amongst them.

I love tim.

Hulkamaniac
March 28th, 2006, 5:50 AM
I think that theres a couple more there for the cameras this year than last year.

son_of_foley
March 28th, 2006, 5:58 AM
Yeah without doubt. It's weird isn't the American one sort of decided by the show producers as well as Trump? Sugar seemed at pain to state it was him deciding who won?

I get the feeling he didnt decide on the prospective candidates who got through to this stage. I hope to god they didnt pick "characters" this show was rock solid last time there was no need for a change. I've loved this one as well and im not slagging it off i just hope it doesnt move any further in that sort of direction.

Everybody show some tim love.

I like his glasses and the fact he didnt want to go into White Hart Lane.

Freddie Mercury
March 29th, 2006, 5:19 PM
That ugly minger Jo finally got the sack. Sir Alan really ought to pay for her to go and see some shrink because I don't think so has recovered over sending MG rover bust!

As far as the rest of show goes all I can say is that car dealership manager was a real asshole excuse my French, but I guess he had reasons.

Andy Wild
March 29th, 2006, 5:24 PM
So glad Jo is gone, she was really turning insane in those situations. Did she ever not have a cartoon look on her face? I think not.

Samuel deserves to go next, like Manni, he has offered nothing. Absolutely nothing for the whole entire show. See ya.

Skip
March 29th, 2006, 5:44 PM
Ding dong the bitch is gone :cheers: Woohoo

The more I watch this, the more Id love to shag Michelle, there's just something about her

Freddie Mercury
March 29th, 2006, 5:49 PM
Ding dong the bitch is gone :cheers: Woohoo

The more I watch this, the more Id love to shag Michelle, there's just something about her

Well you are glad Jo 'the bitch' is gone but isn't Michelle also a bitch?

Anyway good choice in Jo but she really ought to get help.

Stigger
March 29th, 2006, 6:05 PM
It only took a couple of minutes in tonights episode to show Michelle first in nothing but a sheet and then covering her giant baps with just a towell. I tell ya the director well wants to bone her, as do I now.

Definately think Sam is gone next week, another selling task which he doesn't do.

Skip
March 29th, 2006, 6:06 PM
I think we need to get some screen caps posted of these clips

El Capitano Gatisto
March 29th, 2006, 7:30 PM
I didn't think Sharon was that bad a manager. Syed just fucked off and wouldn't do what he was told. He's too up his own arse. There's no way he'll win it, absolutely no chance. He's in there for comedy value, but he does his best to fuck up any task he's a part of.

son_of_foley
March 30th, 2006, 4:52 AM
Paul was a fucking man mountain. Love him and he is such a cocky fuck as well.

Ruth was fanastic at selling as well. I was amazed by it.

How in the fuck was ansell the worst there yesterday. Dick off car man bet you ANsell went back and kicked the fuck out of him

Michelle is a little too fine for the business world

Hulkamaniac
March 30th, 2006, 6:41 AM
She's very nice indeed, I've already claimed her.

Jo is an absolute maniac.

I cant imagine Syid selling anything that requires actual banter, he's too intense and serious and the bullshit he said about the car making profit was attrocious.

Ruth was good in this task, but its a personal speciality of hers. She hasnt been good at selling anything else so far.

Samantha for a project manager wasnt playing a team game at all. I didnt think that she was very good, but this was exemplified by Syid's behaviour.

son_of_foley
March 30th, 2006, 6:59 AM
Paul ran that bloody team. Think he wanted to make up for taken the shot at her last week in the boardroom

Freddie Mercury
April 1st, 2006, 1:40 PM
She's very nice indeed, I've already claimed her.

Jo is an absolute maniac.

I cant imagine Syid selling anything that requires actual banter, he's too intense and serious and the bullshit he said about the car making profit was attrocious.

Ruth was good in this task, but its a personal speciality of hers. She hasnt been good at selling anything else so far.

Samantha for a project manager wasnt playing a team game at all. I didnt think that she was very good, but this was exemplified by Syid's behaviour.

Syed is a bit of a dim wit, he thinks he can sell stuff to Asians people because he is of Asian organ himself this is despite the fact that he is secon or third generation Asian immigrant and hasn’t anything in common with them. And don't get me started on those 100 chickens.....what a tube. But he is good to watch in a David Brent kind of way.

Sharon was a poor PM, and I was pretty shocked they won.

To be fair last weeks task don't really require a lot of team work and having a strong team leader wasn't as beneficial as it has been in previous weeks. It was more about out and out selling.

Lexi M
April 2nd, 2006, 6:52 PM
There were some pictures of a 16year old Michelle in one of the shitty Sunday papers today. She looked much much better than she does now.

Hulkamaniac
April 2nd, 2006, 7:02 PM
Find them Lexi. Find them and post them!

Stigger
April 2nd, 2006, 7:08 PM
Here's the story from the People Website, no pics I'm sorry to say. Hardly the most explicit kiss and tell either. Basically she was a virgin at 16 who went out with someone and they had sex. Unless they have a video for free next week it's shite.

EXCLUSIVE: HOW VIRGIN MICHELLE WAS MY SEX APPRENTICE
HOW REALITY TV BABE WENT FROM BED TO BOARDROOM
By Emma Donnan

THE first lover of reality TV star Michelle Dewberry has told how she was his real life Apprentice - not in the boardroom but in the BEDROOM.
Michelle - who has impressed tough boss Sir Alan Sugar with her hard-nosed style in the TV business show - was a gorgeous wide-eyed 16-year-old when she gave her virginity to boyfriend Lee Appleby.
But even at that tender age, the hard-headed blonde knew what she wanted. Lee says she...
MADE HIM work overtime with her insatiable sexual demands.
TOOK RISKS as they had noisy sex sessions at their parents' homes.
ADVERTISED their passion by making love in a public park and the back of their car.
Advertisement

BOUGHT designer clothes for nights out - but kept the shop labels on so she could get her money back next day.
GOT so carried away during one romp that a karate trophy fell off a shelf and landed on her head.
Lee, 31, who with millions has watched his ex-lover's progress in the new BBC2 series of The Apprentice, told The People: "Looking back, I guess she was my sexual apprentice.
"She was a virgin but she didn't take much teaching. She knew what she wanted from the start and wasn't afraid to ask.
"In the end though, it was me she turned to and said 'You're fired'."
Michelle, 26, who had a furious bust-up with other members of her team last week as they battle for a £120,000-a-year job in Sir Alan's empire, was a curly-haired blonde with come-to-bed eyes when she first met Lee on the council estate in Hull where they lived.
Lee said: "She was wearing knee-high boots and was very attractive but when I found out she was 15 it put me off a bit.
"She couldn't understand why I didn't make a move, but I wanted to prove to her I wasn't like that.
"She was very keen though and did all the chasing. She was very open about the fact she wanted us to get together."
But apart from the occasional goodnight kiss Lee waited until Michelle turned 16.
He said: "The first time we had sex it wasn't planned. She had been out in town and was a bit drunk and so was I. We were at a friend's house and the Bee Gees were playing on the stereo. It was For Whom The Bell Tolls - a song that always made us smile after that.
"I knew she was still a virgin, but she wasn't afraid to say what she wanted even then. She knew what she liked and used to tell me, and make suggestions about how we could do things differently."
The pair lived with their parents during their five years together so they made the most of snatched moments in Lee's car or even in a park.
Lee said: "One time we were driving home from a club and she started getting turned on, so I pulled into a lay-by and we were getting down to it.
"We were half undressed and she was astride me when we realised there were flashing blue lights next to us and a police helicopter hovering above us. They were after someone else, but it's lucky it wasn't us as we were so caught up in the moment they could have been waiting a long time.
"Sometimes at home we would make love as my parents watched TV downstairs but we had to keep the noise down.
"We did what we could to cover it up - turning music up or muffling our mouths with pillows.
"Michelle was very enthusiastic. I remember one time we were going at it hammer-and-tongs and a karate trophy she'd won fell off the shelf and hit her on the head.
"I remember one time we got carried away in a park - we were quite adventurous.
"Michelle used to like wearing stockings and suspenders for me. She'd wear them on a night out and then let me catch a glimpse of them."
But it wasn't all fun. Lee supported Michelle through a family tragedy - revealed exclusively by The People last week - when her elder sister Fiona, 19, fell to her death from the eighth-floor window of a tower block in Hull.
Lee said: "Michelle was permanently changed by her death. It was like she began thinking life was too short and started setting her sights on higher things.
"She began going to night school to do maths and typing and she went through a steady stream of jobs in various shops. But she wanted bigger and better things and was determined to get them."
Lee claims the petite blonde was always obsessed with money and clothes, splashing most of her salaries on designer labels.
He said: "Having good clothes was so important to her that she used to buy them, wear them on a night out with the label still inside and return them the next day.
"She was clever and resourceful but with Michelle there is always a bigger plan to everything." Lee is convinced this was also the case with Syed - another of the contestants on The Apprentice whom she secretly dated after filming ended last year.
The affair ended in a blazing row after Syed watched the second episode and saw Michelle talking about him.
Lee said: "I'm not convinced they were a real couple, I think more than likely he was part of Michelle's game plan. I'm sure she knew it would raise her public profile to be linked to one of the others."
His own relationship with Michelle was fiery on occasions but they talked about getting married.
Lee said: "We discussed having kids at one point. She had chosen the names she wanted them to have - Armani Leigh and Kelvin Leon."
Michelle was 21 when she decided to split with Lee for good. She moved to London three years ago and is now a business consultant. Jobless Lee, who has a new girlfriend and a two-year-old daughter, said: "Michelle wanted to go places, both in travelling and her career, where I was happy to stay in Hull and wanted a family.
"It was an amicable split though and I still care that she does well."
Lee added: "She used to give me her signature and say 'Keep it as it will be worth something one day'.
"That always stays in my head as she was sure she was going to be a famous businesswoman - and now it looks like she will be."
'She knew what she wanted from the start and wasn't afraid to ask'

Lexi M
April 2nd, 2006, 7:12 PM
I've found the article but no pics :\

Here (http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_objectid=16893485%26method=full%26siteid=93463-name_page.html)

Hulkamaniac
April 2nd, 2006, 7:14 PM
Gah!

Lexi M
April 2nd, 2006, 7:15 PM
If the scanner wasn't broken I'd be nice and scan them in for you. But it is so no joy.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 7:26 AM
What's the task about this week?

Stigger
April 5th, 2006, 8:38 AM
They have to sell in Topshop, changing room fun galore.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 8:39 AM
Ohh yeah, I remember now. Sayed perving on that girl who was getting changed :nono:

son_of_foley
April 5th, 2006, 8:58 AM
Sayed will probably try and rename tophop or somethign. The funniest mong on tv ever

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hopefully Michelle will get her baps out at some stage.

son_of_foley
April 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Was it not her he was perving on? In the preview

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 10:47 AM
No. It was someone modelling the clothes.

son_of_foley
April 5th, 2006, 10:56 AM
ahh right i thought she might have nominated herself to model them. That sayed ehh? Dirty perv.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 4:36 PM
Ahahaha, fucks sake. If Dunn's team loses, Syid is gone.

If not, surely Michelle is gone.

Excel
April 5th, 2006, 4:47 PM
Ha, did you see Syed being a perv?

I also hope michelle isnt gone.

Whats-his-name, the ethnic guy (not ansell) should go.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 4:50 PM
I quite like him, I think that he was given a shitty role really and he's not as hot as Michelle obviously.

I bet that she's shaven.

Excel
April 5th, 2006, 4:52 PM
Id like to think she is. Her plucked eybrows suggest so.

So glad Ansell isnt going to get fired. That bloke is immense.

But the ethnic guy, he reminds me so much of mannie, smarmy, nothings ever his fault kinda guy. Unless he feels its in his best interest to admit that something was his fault ofcourse.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 4:54 PM
The thing is with Ruth that she performs well on sales, but she creates a terrible atmosphere by being ridiculously aggressive and bad-mannered and rude to other members in the team.

She did ruin Samuel's argument about the outfit choice and his decisions regarding marketing.

Yet because she does good sales, it looks like she's a wrong person to select, which she isnt.

Rip
April 5th, 2006, 4:55 PM
Yeah but Michelle sucks!

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 4:56 PM
I just remembered that Samuel goes actually. Cos at the end of last week, Sir Alan looked in that direction.

Excel
April 5th, 2006, 4:57 PM
Well im glad that he's gone, but I know what you mean about Ruth. She is a bit of a cow, and is totally rude to other peoples suggestions.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 4:58 PM
Must remember not to notice which way he looks at the end of this week.

Its more Ruth's fault that Smuel went, than it was his fault.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 5:54 PM
I like Ruth, despite her being a bossy bitch and rude to everyone. The last few weeks being sales-based have suited her and it looks like next week will as well. I can see Sharon going soon, or possibly Sayed if he's on the losing team for once.

Paul's probably my second favourite. He's great. Like Ruth though, he got given a fair bit of favourably edited coverage tonight. I wonder how well Ansell and Tuan really did in tonight's task because when it got down to the selling part, they weren't really featured that much.

Beefy
April 5th, 2006, 6:06 PM
Other than crying and looking pretty hopeless and pathetic, has Duan actually done anything yet?

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 6:08 PM
Well, I heard a comment about Paul being like a used car-salesman in the next task. I think that the same could be said for Ruth. Ruth in particular makes a lot of very bad decisions by being over-bearing that get glossed over by her good sales. One of two things will happen, either she'll have done it for so long that when her faults get highlighted, she'll have proven to be strong enough that they still go unnoticed. Or a task will come along that she wont be able to sell with (Syid, Ansell, Michell and Tuan at least would all seem more suited to corporate sales to my mind) or wont have the right selling skills for and she'll be shown to be somewhat of a one trick pony.

Also, she tries to be team leader on every task, even when she isnt.

Tuan is too soft. BUT, at the moment he's glided by and has usually been on the winning team, which is the same position as Tim held by now last year. I think that Tim had a hell of a lot more strength in depth than Tuan though.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 6:08 PM
He fannied about a lot when he was meant to be making decisions.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 6:12 PM
To be fair though, he was right in this task. He didnt have a great fashion knowledge and he was doing the right thing in consulting the person who was the supposed expert in the task. It just happened that his expert and secret weapon happened to be that huffy, moody bitch.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 6:17 PM
Well, I heard a comment about Paul being like a used car-salesman in the next task. I think that the same could be said for Ruth. Ruth in particular makes a lot of very bad decisions by being over-bearing that get glossed over by her good sales. One of two things will happen, either she'll have done it for so long that when her faults get highlighted, she'll have proven to be strong enough that they still go unnoticed. Or a task will come along that she wont be able to sell with (Syid, Ansell, Michell and Tuan at least would all seem more suited to corporate sales to my mind) or wont have the right selling skills for and she'll be shown to be somewhat of a one trick pony.

Also, she tries to be team leader on every task, even when she isnt.

Oh I know but I still like her :happysad: I think that's the way of dominant people though, if someone is being indecisive, they always feel the need to steam in and sort things out.

Next week should be interesting though. Like you say, corporate sales is a bit different to what they've done so far.

I haven't seen anything from Tuan that makes me think he could pull off a decent pitch. Michelle and Sharon have both been a bit bland so far. Sayed is awful for someone who rates himself so highly - he goes on for far too long and he's so slimy. Paul, Ruth and Ansell are really good at sales but they might be a bit brusque for the corporate environment.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 6:21 PM
To be honest, they all need to do something very quickly to seperate them from the pack, cos at the moment youve got the best so far being:

Paul - Not too proven in leadership. Got good sales patter that has seen him through so far, but hasnt shown a lot else.

Ruth - Aggressive, annoying and a bad project manager. However, very good in a commercial sales environment.

Hansell - Good at sales, decent project manager, average overall.

No standouts really.

Lexi M
April 5th, 2006, 6:21 PM
To be fair though, he was right in this task. He didnt have a great fashion knowledge and he was doing the right thing in consulting the person who was the supposed expert in the task. It just happened that his expert and secret weapon happened to be that huffy, moody bitch.

Oh she was a pain in the arse. I don't see her lasting much longer.

He was right to a certain extent but the whole conversation went on for far too long. Once it was clear she wasn't going to do it, he should have either made the decision himself or gone and consulted the others. He's too indecisive as a leader and I reckon he would have been ripped to shreds if his team had lost. Saying that though, I don't think Sir Alan has been even mildly positive about any of the team leaders so far.

Hulkamaniac
April 5th, 2006, 6:26 PM
Well, it doesnt help that they really are all covering their arses by making damn sure that they dont praise the project manager in the boardroom before the results are in, just in case their team has lost.

son_of_foley
April 6th, 2006, 7:22 AM
Paul was incredible yesterday. The man is fantastic with sales. The difference between what he did on the street and was samuel did on the street was amazing. If he bides his time right he can do this. Just want to see him fucking mug ruth some week. Reckon its coming soon enough.

Teams get switched next week again?

Ansell did very well i thought. He is very commandering.

The non-backing of team managers isnt great is it. So blatantly obvious.

Michelle was gash last night but samuel deserved to go.

Syed trying to steal pauls customers was retarded. If they had lost he would have to go. He is overly aggresive as well.

Lexi M
April 6th, 2006, 9:01 AM
I've just read the review of next week's episode in Heat and apparently: (spoilered just in case anyone really doesn't want any hints about it)

"Syed really outdoes himself in terms of repulsive arrogance" and "his disregard for the rules combined with his inability to remove his tongue from Sir Alan's behind lands the Invicta team in serious hot water".

Stigger
April 6th, 2006, 9:50 AM
Sugar was on Jonathan Ross' show last friday buzzing off Sayed, saying he's a shit hot seller and he sees big things for him, so i'm guessing he redeems himself at some point.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Syed is a cunt.

I, like Mik, noticed that Sugar looked in that direction in the preview when firing. But I honestly picked out Samuel to go if that team lost (Syed for the other team) during the task anyway. It wasn't a huge surprise.

Michelle got caught up in living the high life a bit too much in that VIP room, forgot herself. That was her big error but she fought her corner well. Samuel just hasn't done anything whatsoever in any project and Sugar has been criticial of him before for not showing up.

Ruth is too bossy. I don't think Sugar appreciates her taking control of every project, as good as she is at selling.

Paul is probably the favourite for me.

Hulkamaniac
April 6th, 2006, 1:05 PM
Yup. He's probablu my favourite too, but for the fact that he has a tendancy to be really flippant and immature when he's doing soemthing he doesnt want to do.

Upto now, it hasnt mattered much cos his teams have still won. But if they were to lose when he had that attitude, he'dve be in big trouble.

Fulham Road Supporter
April 12th, 2006, 7:12 AM
Can't believe I'm yet to post in here.

Anyone remember what tonights task is? I've forgotten since last week.

Hoping that Syed gets fired, the guys a prick.

I want Paul or Ansell to win, they are pretty top.

son_of_foley
April 12th, 2006, 7:38 AM
selling to trade

Lexi M
April 12th, 2006, 7:39 AM
I still like Ruth, I just can't help it.

son_of_foley
April 12th, 2006, 8:37 AM
she's not as good as paul

Hulkamaniac
April 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Apparently she impresses again tonight, which means that she's likely to be in for another 4 weeks or so yet.

Beefy
April 12th, 2006, 4:43 PM
Such a fix.

Excel
April 12th, 2006, 4:48 PM
So, who blames Syed for being late?

Personally, I think you cant always be held responsible for being late.

I think he made the right decision, and unfortunately circumstances beyond his control failed him.

Beefy
April 12th, 2006, 4:51 PM
He had to go for the deal because they'd hardly sold anythnig otherwise, but Sugar clearly knew the scores and set the penalty so that Syed's team lost.

Could be any of the three to go at this point but I reckon its Syed.

Hulkamaniac
April 12th, 2006, 4:54 PM
I reckon that it'll be the lass, she was shite, she did nothing.

Tuan is good at deflecting attention from himself and he is quite underrated on this programme. Syid cant be held too responsible for it, had he not been late, had he not closed that deal, they wouldnt have been close.

The lass did fuck all.

Excel
April 12th, 2006, 4:56 PM
Yeah I thought that Beefy, they were penalised and lost. If they didnt close that deal, they still would have lost.

Sucks.

Sharon was shite like, she should go

Excel
April 12th, 2006, 4:57 PM
I would LOVE Vince McMahon to be on a show like this in Alans position.

SHUT UP!!!!!!

YOUUUUUUURE FIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEED!!!!!

Beefy
April 12th, 2006, 4:59 PM
I thought when Tuan turned on Syed at the end that he was a gonner for sure.

Meh, I like Syed and I thought Sharon was ok. I'd have got rid of Tuan. I still can't believe how far he's lasted into this.

Hulkamaniac
April 12th, 2006, 4:59 PM
Syid really needs to know when to keep him mouth shut.

Perfect decision to me, Sharon was shite in the task and hasnt contributed anything other than sulkage for a while. To me Tuan is actually the best in the board room. He puts his point across well, deflects attention from himself and casts it towards others and is fairly straight-forward with what he says. He does need a task where he REALLY shows his metal though.

Beefy
April 12th, 2006, 5:05 PM
You're right about Tuan in the boardroom, Mik. He puts himself across well (as opposed to someone like Ansell who fell apart in the boardroom a couple of weeks back) but he doesn't do enough out of there, for me.

I don't think Paul is going to win this now. He's just too immature at times, like those faces he was pulling at Sharon. Can't see Sugar liking that.

Hulkamaniac
April 12th, 2006, 5:07 PM
Nah, me either. He's too petulant. Needs to reel it in.

I agree about Tuan needing to do more. He's right to an extent though, he keeps revelling in the shitty jobs. To me, had Syid not jumped in so much, Tuan would've gotten the majority of the sales. He needs to step up more though, definitely.

Beefy
April 12th, 2006, 5:13 PM
The Sun said today that Ruth was a big lesbian. Who saw that coming?

Excel
April 12th, 2006, 5:15 PM
Well she is big

Hulkamaniac
April 12th, 2006, 5:29 PM
Sharon did a really bad job of putting herself across on the Apprentice: You're Fired! show.

Basically just tried to slag off Syid all the time.

Stigger
April 12th, 2006, 6:45 PM
Michelle topless covered in mud is what this show will be remembered for in my house tonight., someone has got to start doing some caps from this show.

J.C
April 13th, 2006, 2:04 AM
I am thinking Paul or Ruth.

Alot of people seem high on Ruth for some reason and i don't really get it.

How many weeks do we have left?

son_of_foley
April 13th, 2006, 4:26 AM
Tuan fought his corner like anything yesterday. Was really impressed with him on thaty respect as i thought he would fold and he really didn't.

I think ansell will win he was immense in that task yesterday. I still want paul to win to win though as he is funny as hell. £180 for a coat stand. Wha?

Hulkamaniac
April 13th, 2006, 6:26 AM
I just cant see Tuan winning unless he drastically changes how he performs during the tasks. He needs to take more limelight and put himself forward more often. Its all fine and good doing well in the board room, but Alan is already concerned about him not doing too much and Margaret seems to think that he's some kind of right-hand-man/lackey (which to be fair is NOT true). He needs to change those opinions otherwise the next time he's in the board room he might be gone.

Freddie Mercury
April 14th, 2006, 4:57 AM
I think Tuan is the dark horse to win this actually. He doesn’t mind doing the crappy jobs that know one else wants to do, he is very straight forward in the way that he talks, he can plan, sell and has keen eye for detail.

And like all the Celts in this series Sharon was useless from start to finish.

Hulkamaniac
April 14th, 2006, 7:01 AM
I just want Michelle to last until there's only a few left so that it increases her exposure and her likelihood to get her whabs out in the lads mags.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 14th, 2006, 7:05 AM
Tuan is useless. He does absolutely fuck all, and has done absolutely fuck all throughout the series. He was pathetic as a team leader. He has no backbone, he started crying because someone complained about how it was taking him all day to do a calender.

He's just lucky that he has been so passive that other people get fired for making more high profile mistakes.

Fulham Road Supporter
April 14th, 2006, 6:37 PM
Sharons and idiot, she could have easily got rid of Syed if she knew how to defend herself. All she had to do was say she made a sale but Paul was better at it then her so she let him do the selling and she's plan and organise things.

Syed is a prick, he doesn't stop interrupting people even in the boardroom, tries to argue about everything. He is a good seller but as he showed last week in Topman, he isn't a team player, he nicks peoples sales instead of going for his own.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 14th, 2006, 7:09 PM
Is he really a good seller? I'm not sure, I couldn't see myself buying anything off a wanker like that unless it was something that sold itself. He'd be enough to put me off. He's a creepy individual. He rubs people up the wrong way.

Fulham Road Supporter
April 14th, 2006, 7:29 PM
Thats because he is an ethnic and you know it :(.

Sir Alan reckons he is, I think he has been too, he is good at talking shit to customers. I reckon Pauls the best seller by a mile, but Syed always seems pretty confident at anything he talks about, and seems to get alot of sales.

And yeah thats why I'd sack him, he is abit odd and he certainly isn't a team player, I don't think anyone really likes him.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 14th, 2006, 7:32 PM
Syed seems to over-complicate things and just come out with stupid stuff when he's selling to customers. He talks too much, he loves the sound of his own voice.

For example, the product he was selling in the last episode was an easy sell really. Inexpensive and very practical. It'd be a moron who couldn't sell that.

Fulham Road Supporter
April 14th, 2006, 7:38 PM
He is abit over the top, by describing a petrol can as being revolutionary. I'd have not bought it on the basis of him being a dickhead by saying things like that.

And when he tried to sell to the big black guy who ended up taking a preliminary ten cans, he said to him that he grew up in East London and knows the value of money, he didn't relate it to the petrol can, he just mentioned it when it had no relevance.

He says some odd shit, but getting that bloke up to 300 was pretty good, even if the bloke seemingly would have bout 5000 if they'd asked him, he just didn't seem arsed at how many of them he got.

Beefy
April 19th, 2006, 5:06 PM
Well Tuan is finally gone after one of the most tense boardrooms ever. It was the right result in my opinion as Syed's sale to the couple who were just walking by really does have to be respected.

Ruth really looks like a favourite now.

Andy Wild
April 19th, 2006, 5:19 PM
Tuang was crap and I'm glad he gone. His heart wasn't in it and you could see that clearly from the beginning of tonights show.

I'm desperate to see Syeed's definite desperation next week.

Paul's my favourite still.

Hulkamaniac
April 19th, 2006, 7:55 PM
Tuan STILL nearly managed to salvage himself though with an excellent assassination of Syid.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2006, 4:50 AM
Tuan STILL nearly managed to salvage himself though with an excellent assassination of Syid.
I thought it was the only one who thought that. My g/f said he cost himself the spot there. That was incredible and it really got to Alan sugar. These are my truths etc. Quality show last night.

Whilst syed did well selling to those people like that how does it relate to what the apprentice does. I mean tim had to launch a beauty product. Syed would lie about the frigging thing

Hulkamaniac
April 20th, 2006, 5:16 AM
Seeing Paul on The Apprentice: You're Fired! last night really made me realise how inadequate the performers are this year compared to last.

The best ones from this year would probably have been 4th or 5th in the queue last year.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2006, 5:20 AM
Paul was so funny due to the whole sexist thing. I liked the fact syria(sp?) picked him for the final task to show she could look past personal differences and he buggered it up for him

Also whenever he said he was a good catholic and thats why he wouldnt lie

Hulkamaniac
April 20th, 2006, 5:47 AM
Yup. He was also a crap project manager, but so has been Ruth and she's one of the favourites to win. As far as pure sales people (which a load of them seem to be this year), both Syra and Paul were leagues better than anyone from this year.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2006, 5:54 AM
Without doubt. I think this year has been really overtly tactical though with a lot of project managers trying to muzzle the main competitors. Paul got shat on last night from where i was sitting.

Ruth is so bloody commandering it hasnt happened to her. The definf moment for tuan last night was there was 9 appointments. He let ruth take 7 syed got one and he got 1. Thats bullshit right there/ 3 each thats how you actually compare sales technique. She tied up 6 deals yes but i think she had the vast majority of all the viewings.

Tom Bombadil
April 20th, 2006, 5:59 AM
Lads when is the repeat on for this, i missed this yesterday...

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2006, 6:00 AM
think its tuesday at like 7 and possibly staurday on bbc 2 or 3 around 11

Tom Bombadil
April 20th, 2006, 6:07 AM
Tuesday it is then....This episode looked good.

I bloody hate Ruth with a passion, she's a bloody beast, couple of weeks back Tuan got scared man, he probably thought she was going to eat him...

Moz
April 20th, 2006, 7:22 AM
Watch it online Bombadil, on the bbc.co.uk

Tom Bombadil
April 20th, 2006, 8:57 AM
:dunce:

good call.

Stigger
April 20th, 2006, 9:40 AM
The bit where they previewed next week looks good, bound to be some fun on the high seas. When Sugar said You're Fired, he kind of chuckled when he said it, so I'm guessing its Sayed who he lets go after the poor bloke has been on his hands and knees begging to stay. I couldn't stand him at first but now I like the guy. I'm not really bothered who wins it, as long as it's not Ruth.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2006, 9:42 AM
i liked the fact he stayed sitting when everyone else left yesterday. He is such a mong

Hulkamaniac
April 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM
And tried to interrupt him AGAIN. He just can not behave. Its comedy of the greatest kind.

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 4:18 PM
Unless something very random happens today, Syid is gone. His idea is dross.

Excel
April 26th, 2006, 4:21 PM
Fucking hate Ruth.

Hate Saied too

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 4:23 PM
She's deliberately argumentative because she knows that she is an obnoxious cow who is hard to deal with. She should try to be easier to discuss things with instead of revelling in it.

Thats why she's not win. She's unmanageable.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:25 PM
Is it always wrong to wish death on someone?

Even Syid?

Excel
April 26th, 2006, 4:27 PM
Syed can be great some times

http://www.rikksrevues.com/A-TEAM-Season2.jpg

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 4:29 PM
Why cant he read? isnt he supposed to be an expert in business phone selling? He cannot talk!

Nah, unless they do remarkable bookings, he's gone.

Nah, he's gone.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:29 PM
:lol: A-Team

That was great.

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 4:31 PM
The only thing that can possibly save him is that they have more events so more opportunity to make money.

He's so gone. He'll have to be very lucky otherwise.

Hlebsfall
April 26th, 2006, 4:32 PM
AHAHAHAHA, that bloke walking backwards round the ship with an egg on a spoon.

JP
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Getting a bollocking from the Captain.

da_man
He's a proper dodgy cunt that Saied guy.

Can't stand the 'sell at any cost' salesman.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:34 PM
Can't stand the 'sell at any cost' salesman.

Oh lordy yes.

He even managed to fuck up the raffle.

Excel
April 26th, 2006, 4:34 PM
Wow Paul is a fucking genius. Having ad's for his event play on the big screen right in the middle of Syed's event was a marketing masterstroke.

Im loving it this week

da_man
April 26th, 2006, 4:35 PM
Saied's the type that would sit in an old lady's house for 4 hours trying to sell her a 4 grand hoover that she can't afford and doesn't need.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:39 PM
They got spanked.

Excel
April 26th, 2006, 4:39 PM
Syed vs Ruth in the Boardroom. This is gonna be awesome.

da_man
April 26th, 2006, 4:42 PM
You know the black dude ended up plowing the shit out of her in Rome.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:45 PM
Watching most of the interviews this year I just feel that if some people just admitted that they fucked up they'd have a better chance of survival than defending the indefensable.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:49 PM
:lol:

Lying bitch.

StevieV
Jesus they are both looking pathetic

JP
Bwahahaha!

"It's not exactly the bleedin' Magna Carta"

StevieV
April 26th, 2006, 4:53 PM
Go on fire HER ahahahahaa that'd be a proper kick in the teeth. Everyone would be sure he'd lose

Excel
April 26th, 2006, 4:55 PM
I honestly dont know who he is going to pick

StevieV
April 26th, 2006, 4:57 PM
aww booo

JP
April 26th, 2006, 4:59 PM
I hated her more than him at the end of that.

Hlebsfall
April 26th, 2006, 4:59 PM
Good. He was a complete wanker.

Stigger
April 26th, 2006, 5:58 PM
Hated Sayed in week one but now i'm gutted he's gone, he's helped make this series great. Really hate Ruth, complete and utter butch lesbo fat bitch.

Andy Wild
April 26th, 2006, 6:03 PM
It was obvious Sayeed was going this week, but what a blaze of glory. Lets pick the worst fucking idea ever and go with that.

I'm sad he's gone though.

I'm still going with Paul to win.

hutch
April 26th, 2006, 6:04 PM
Sayed was unbelieveble, his face when he saw Paul's marketing tonight was like something out of The Office. Fantastic TV.

Friday
April 26th, 2006, 6:08 PM
I think Michelle has it in the bag now.

agashashashashashashashahshashashahshahshaha.

Rip
April 26th, 2006, 6:16 PM

Glad that last bit shows up when you quote it, otherwise you had me worried mate :D

Freddie Mercury
April 26th, 2006, 7:16 PM

Not a dogs chance. She has been carried and just been lucky to been working with Ansaul(Sp?) and Paul.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 7:18 PM
Not a dogs chance. She has been carried and just been lucky to been working with Ansaul(Sp?) and Paul.

:confused:

You did read the rest of his post didn't you?

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 7:29 PM
The interview this time last year REALLY threw things wide open. Hopefully it will do this time too. I think that both Paul AND Ruth will be caught out big style.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 7:34 PM
See the trailer at the end?

Paul - "I'm a likeable guy and most people like me"

Interviewer - "Well I don't"

Hulkamaniac
April 26th, 2006, 7:37 PM
Yeah, that guy is really good at picking off bullshit.

He'll say that he doesnt like him even if he does though.

JP
April 26th, 2006, 7:43 PM
If he did I think he deserves a spot in your top 100.

Those eyes certainly didn't say bluff to me.

Stigger
April 26th, 2006, 7:44 PM
check out the preview clips for next week, some good stuff on http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=apprentice

Beefy
April 26th, 2006, 8:00 PM
Gutted that Syed has gone. Even though I was sure he was going tonight, his performance in the boardroom (the best this series IMO) had me wondering whether Ruth was going. He had her on the ropes big time.

I'm not appreciating the Syed hate. The man is a fucking legend.

Beefy
April 26th, 2006, 8:01 PM
Michelle & Ansell out next week. I thought Ansell was going to walk away with the whole thing at the start but he's fucking useless.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 26th, 2006, 8:05 PM
Syed is incompetent. I wouldn't buy a thing off him.

Truth be told, I doubt Sugar would employ any of them given his own real choice, but he has to now.

I suppose people who actually quite good wouldn't leave their well-paid jobs to take a punt at the show. Maybe they should try it with new graduates or something next time.

Beefy
April 26th, 2006, 8:29 PM
My family came from the East-End and I know the meaning of hard-graft. Syed is the man.