PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

Pages : [1] 2

The_Mike
October 18th, 2004, 5:57 PM
Curse you buses! Made me miss the beginning of the new series! Well, ok, me forgetting it was on had a small part to play, but anyway...

Is anyone else watching it? Is it any good. I saw the last hour or so of the preview miniseries style thing, and it looked awesome. Rapid fire machine gun things, silence in space, all the ships look like tangible things rather than shiny, fuzzy CG. And lots of clones. Uh I mean droids. Uh I mean battle bot things. Really, though, looks exciting.

Zarius
October 18th, 2004, 6:11 PM
Fucking Amazing.

They blew up a civilian carrier which supposedly contained Nuclear Weapons (accroding to Baltar) to shake off the Cylons, and it teased whenever or not it had passengers in it, a story arc seems to be forming right now in the jungles on Caprica

Beefy
December 6th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Thought I'd buimp this.

Don't know if anyone else has been watching it, but this is absolute quality. Its much, much darker than the original. Torture, suicide bombings, cancer - this is so far removed from The Next Generation style sci-fi that I thought it might turn out to be like. The effects are good, I love the way the exterior shots look like their being filmed by a camcorder that someones holding rather than being computer created. Thats a nice touch. The storyline is really compelling too. I was a bit unsure about the whole "cylons look like humans now" bit, but its working really well. I'm genuinely looking forward to each week to see what happens next.

So anyone else watching this?

Zarius
December 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Yup, great show, great cast, great writing

Baltar now knows Boomer is a Cylon, but naturally never told her she was one (she's a sleeper agent)

rednaz
December 7th, 2004, 2:50 PM
Where the hell have I been???????? What network is it on? It was my favorite show growing up.

The_Mike
December 7th, 2004, 4:20 PM
It's on Sky One at the moment, I think they're half-through the first series now. Probably will be picked up by 4 or 2 on terrestrial. I'm having to wait till then, since it's kind of an awkward time for me to watch most weeks.

Beefy
December 7th, 2004, 10:29 PM
rednaz is in the states, despite that avatar. From what I've read the two part miniseries prologue thing ran in America at the beginning of the year, but the first season itself doesn't start until the beginning of January next year, which is strange as that will be about three months after it started over here. Unusual. I think its going to be on the Sci-Fi channel in America.

And Mike, catch it when its on terrestrial. I can't usually watch the Sky One showing either, but I usually watch it on a thursday on Mix, just before Raw starts.

rednaz
December 8th, 2004, 2:11 PM
rednaz is in the states, despite that avatar. From what I've read the two part miniseries prologue thing ran in America at the beginning of the year, but the first season itself doesn't start until the beginning of January next year, which is strange as that will be about three months after it started over here. Unusual. I think its going to be on the Sci-Fi channel in America.

And Mike, catch it when its on terrestrial. I can't usually watch the Sky One showing either, but I usually watch it on a thursday on Mix, just before Raw starts.

Thanks. I will look for it.

I read the the boards here for a few months before joining to post. I am from across the pond, but I wanted to pay my respects to all the posters from the UK with the avatar.

graffix420
January 6th, 2005, 6:35 PM
It starts on January 14th in the States on the Sci-Fi channel. I want to say 8PM Central time.

Zarius
January 6th, 2005, 7:18 PM
This weeks' U.K episode adapted one of the origial series episodes "The Hand of God", unfortunatly, only in basic story and title (They attack a Cylon Base Star, but don't contact Earth)

"Kobols' Last Gleaming", which is the two part season finale, is in two weeks, it begins the quest for Earth

Beefy
January 6th, 2005, 9:35 PM
One thing I don't get is:

Baltar found out a few weeks back that Boomer was a Cylon thanks to his Cylon detector but he never told Adama. Whats that all about? Surely he'd be as worried about Cylons being on board Gallactica as anyone.

Or did I miss something?

Zarius
January 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
One thing I don't get is:

Baltar found out a few weeks back that Boomer was a Cylon thanks to his Cylon detector but he never told Adama. Whats that all about? Surely he'd be as worried about Cylons being on board Gallactica as anyone.

Or did I miss something?

Baltar has become convinced he's an agent of God's will, "god" being the Cylons

Beefy
January 7th, 2005, 9:38 PM
Yeah, but he only became convinced of that in the last episode when he managed to pick out the part of the Cylon station for the Vipers to attack. The stuff with Boomer happened a few weeks before that.

Zarius
January 7th, 2005, 9:55 PM
Yeah, but he only became convinced of that in the last episode when he managed to pick out the part of the Cylon station for the Vipers to attack. The stuff with Boomer happened a few weeks before that.

And? He was banging someone he knew was a Cylon in his head anyway, and for as long as he's known so far, Number Six has been slowly trying to get him to confront his own sins and "repent", which Batlar did in the episode before he discovered Boomers' secret, so he did it out of loyalty

Zarius
January 15th, 2005, 5:52 PM
Bumped due to hte premiere of the series in the United States, discuss "33" and "Water"

Mr_Nobody
January 15th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Curses...Carnivale and Battlestar Galactica premiering the same night.

Anyway, from what I watched of the series opener, it looks really good, and really does keep you on the edge of your seat. I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the series, and I love the characters. I actually disliked the original emmensely, thinking it was very, very cheesy, but I watched the mini-series, not really interested in it...and then was completely blown away by how good it was, from pretty much the first minute until the end of the mini-series.

I look forward to watching this...although I'll be recording it and watching Carnivale on HBO, but I'll definitelly be paying attention to the series.

Zarius
January 16th, 2005, 12:29 AM
The original series is great....IF you look past the amount of shit it had, every episode written by either Larson or Don Bellsario is amazing.

The pilot, "Lost Planet of the Gods", "The Living Legend", "War of the Gods", "Greetings From Earth", "Experiment In Terra", and "The Hand of God" were perfect episodes which show the strength of the series and why it was chosen for a revival

...Notice every episode I mentioned barring two is a multi-parter...that was how bad everything else was.

Zarius
January 17th, 2005, 9:29 PM
"Kobol's Last Gleaming" began tonight, holy shit, this is great, The President now beleives in Earth's existence, Adama does not, Starbuck slept with Baltar.

Meanwhile, a patrol fleet discovers Kobol, the Cylons attack, Starbuck finds out Adama has been lying about knowing Earth's location, and now she's on a mission to retreive a holy relic on orders from The Presdient, the only problem is...it's back on Caprica, so she jumps back using the Cylon Raider

Beefy
January 17th, 2005, 9:38 PM
Shit, I knew I'd forgotten something tonight. I think BG is shown on Sky Mix at some point during the week though....

Zarius
January 24th, 2005, 5:19 PM
Battlestar Galactica's season finale preniered tonight, HOLY FUCK! BOOMER SHOT ADAMA! THE PRESIDENT ARRESTED! CAPRICA BOOMER IS PREGNANT!

monkeywrench
January 24th, 2005, 7:02 PM
Battlestar Galactica's season finale preniered tonight, HOLY FUCK! BOOMER SHOT ADAMA! THE PRESIDENT ARRESTED! CAPRICA BOOMER IS PREGNANT!

The hell?

Is this a sci-fi series or a soap opera?

rednaz
January 26th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I can not come in here again. The spoiler tags are too tempting. So far there has only been three regular episodes. Why are we so far behind??? I think the show is great so far. Does it maintain this high of a level throughout the season?

Zarius
January 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I can not come in here again. The spoiler tags are too tempting. So far there has only been three regular episodes. Why are we so far behind??? I think the show is great so far. Does it maintain this high of a level throughout the season?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, YES, YES :D

In fact, it just keep getting better, Hatch will be back as Zarek in a few weeks, Baltar steals the show in several episodes

The U.S is behind because SKY in the U.K helped to finance the show.

Beefy
January 26th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I doubt we'll get the second series (if there is one) ahead of the States though. Fom what I've read the whole future of the show is in doubt because people have downloaded the episodes shown in the UK off of the net which is going to have an effect on the viewing figures and therefore the advertising revenue.

Watched both parts of the season finale back to back on monday. Absolutely awesome. Its criminal how this show has been written off by people just because its Sci-Fi. IMO its been the best thing on television for a long while. I'm well looking forward to the new season of 24 which starts here on Sunday, but it will be hard-pushed to be better than this was.

Zarius
January 26th, 2005, 11:36 PM
[color=dodgerblue]I doubt we'll get the second series (if there is one) ahead of the States though. Fom what I've read the whole future of the show is in doubt because people have downloaded the episodes shown in the UK off of the net which is going to have an effect on the viewing figures and therefore the advertising revenue.

BBC Worldwide confirmed filming of six episodes for the second season will begin in a few months, since the ratings for it here were pretty strong.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 13th, 2005, 7:24 AM
We just had the initial miniseries here (the 2004 one, not the 1978 one, we're not THAT far behind ;) )

Twas decent, plus we don't get much Sci-Fi on normal tv so it's a treat. Us nerds will probably watch it just to try and get more scifi on downunder.

We only get Stargate (Season 7) and this.

And Season2 is going ahead.

d_fly_jr
February 13th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I admit, I'm enjoying this show to no end. Farscape got cancelled, Enterprise just got cancelled, and I don't have much for StarGate. There isn't much watchable Sci-Fi on TV right now, but BSG is some quality stuff. I really enjoyed this weeks episode (US), there was some quality character interaction going on.

rednaz
February 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM

FUCK. I knew I should have stayed away. I have no resolve when it comes to spoilers. Just watched the episode with the idependent tribunal. How many more episodes are there?

Zarius
February 13th, 2005, 7:12 PM
FUCK. I knew I should have stayed away. I have no resolve when it comes to spoilers. Just watched the episode with the idependent tribunal. How many more episodes are there?

There are thirteen episodes in the entire season, I think you're on Episode five.

Beefy
February 13th, 2005, 9:29 PM
I admit, I'm enjoying this show to no end. Farscape got cancelled, Enterprise just got cancelled, and I don't have much for StarGate. There isn't much watchable Sci-Fi on TV right now, but BSG is some quality stuff. I really enjoyed this weeks episode (US), there was some quality character interaction going on.

Enterprise got cancelled? Shit, I'm well out of the loop.

d_fly_jr
February 14th, 2005, 8:42 AM
Enterprise got cancelled? Shit, I'm well out of the loop.

Check out www.trekweb.com. It's pretty sad, actually, since this season of Enterprise was by far the best yet. UPN is talking about letting Trek take a break, but the truth of the matter is that they've got new leadership, in whose plans a Sci-Fi show simply does not fit.

I guess there'll be either more sitcoms or more reality shows to replace Enterprise. :(

graffix420
February 16th, 2005, 9:12 PM
Maybe the SCI-FI Channel will pick up Enterprise. I really enjoyed the last year and a half of the show.

Zarius
February 16th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Nah, Enterprise blew chunks and it deserved it's fate for not being a true prequel to begin with

Beefy
January 10th, 2006, 6:19 PM
Well its back and I've got to say it looks as good as ever. The new series of 24 is going to have to go some to be as good as this.

Zarius
January 10th, 2006, 6:29 PM
The states just resumed the second season, "Ressurection Ship" resolves the storyline centered around

The cval war between the Galactica and The Pegasus

Also, reportedly, Dean Stockwell will be guest starring in "Lay Down Your Arms", the two part season finale.

Bits
January 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
I've only seen the first 2 eps of the new season, but they were awesome, especially the second episode when:

The cylons boarded the ship, that was just brilliant, extremely tense.

Getting the next two eps just, can't wait.

Also, Galactica is spelt wrong in the thread title :\

Leper Messiah
January 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Bought the Season 1 and 2.0 DVDs over Christmas holiday and watched them all within a week... Can't believe how frackin' good this show is. Hope it continues for a few years (I know they got re-signed for 3rd season of 20 episodes).

Baltar's character is genius and I'm in love with Tricia Helfer.

Bits
January 11th, 2006, 8:00 AM
Baltar's character is genius and I'm in love with Tricia Helfer.

I totally agree, I really hope they leave it ambiguous as to wether he has been implanted with summit by the Cylons or wether he is just crazy and incredibly lucky.

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2006, 3:56 AM
Ok started downloading this from the beginning of season 1, I'm totaly new to this and have no idea what it's all about but I fancy something new. Question is, is it a series that starts from square 1? Or do I need to watch stuff before it to follow the series out now?

Bits
January 17th, 2006, 7:53 AM
I would strongly suggest watching the stuff you have missed first. I'm sure you could start watching from the start of Season 2 but I doubt you would enjoy it as much.

Zarius
January 17th, 2006, 6:37 PM
Another slow paced instalment here, assisted suicide to a wounded soldier on Kobol, Apollo, the President, and a small handful finally going one on one against The Cylons invading the Galactica, Baltars' vision with Adama drowning the baby...little creepy.

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2006, 9:22 PM
I would strongly suggest watching the stuff you have missed first. I'm sure you could start watching from the start of Season 2 but I doubt you would enjoy it as much.

Thanks dude, just downloaded the first 6 episodes of season one so I will be watching them soon and hopefully I like this thing.

Chris Scott
January 18th, 2006, 5:58 AM
Ok so I just watched the first episode called "33" I believe, wow what a fricking awesome show I just watched then, everything about it was cool, the suspension, acting and CGI. Hope every episode is as good.

Now at the beginning of episode 1 it said like every T.V series do apart from Pilot episodes, "Previous on Battlestar Gallactica" and showed clips of stuff. Now I'm I missing something is there something out before the start of all this.

Bits
January 18th, 2006, 7:48 AM
I think I know whats happened, basically it started off as a mini series, there was about 2 or 3 feature length episodes. The series came after that.

I think you mustve got the first ep of the series rather than the first ep of the mini series.

Bits
January 26th, 2006, 9:30 AM
Ok Im completely up to date with Season 2 now. It has been bloody brilliant I have to say. The Pegasus episode was one of the best of the entire series, it just keeps getting better.

I just love all the characters and the twists the series takes, Pegasus was a great example of that, seeing how another ship dealt with the situation and the clash of it all.

I was getting a bit upset in the latest ep when they were going to abort Sharons baby, luckily Baltar sorted that out, interesting to see how Roselin reacts to the cylons now that she has been essentially saved because of them.

Bits
February 9th, 2006, 8:36 AM
Scar was a immense ep, I bloody love Starbuck so an ep focusing on her is ideal, some great character development and some awesome action.

I really like the disjointed eps like that where we see a few flashbacks mixed with 'present' stuff.

Next weeks sounds interesting from the summary on the official website, people in the fleet find out about the Galactica having a Cylon prisoner and start protests and taking prisoners.

Whats everyones thoughts on this season so far?

Zarius
February 9th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Whats everyones thoughts on this season so far?

Solid, superbly acted, and definatly not pandering to newbies, the majority of the story has been one long follow up on the finale recently, it comes to an end with "Home" which begins next week, after that we're back to expansive one shots before heading into the next big storyline

Pegasus

Bits
February 9th, 2006, 2:37 PM
Pegasus was a bloody amazing ep, I have to say that when it first started I thought it was going to be a fairly boring ep with not much happening, guess I shouldve known better.

Defrost
February 11th, 2006, 3:26 AM
I liked tonights episode more than recent ones. It was nice that there was some consequences for charaters in the episode.

Chris Scott
February 15th, 2006, 3:23 AM
I think I know whats happened, basically it started off as a mini series, there was about 2 or 3 feature length episodes. The series came after that.

I think you mustve got the first ep of the series rather than the first ep of the mini series.

Yeah that's what happened Bits, I have seen the mini series now. Also just got the last two episodes of Season 1 which I will be watching later on today hopefully.

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2006, 1:53 AM
So I finally watched the first series, what can I say that all you BG fans don't already know.

What a freckin awesome show this is, everything about it the characters, ships, Cylons...everything. Starbuck, Apollo, Commander William Adama, Boomer love those and the stuff between Number Six and Dr. Gaius Baltar is excellent and funny to.

Love how they use "freckin" as a swear woed and the theme tune is stunning I will never get tired of it.

Bits
February 17th, 2006, 7:28 AM
So I finally watched the first series, what can I say that all you BG fans don't already know.

What a freckin awesome show this is, everything about it the characters, ships, Cylons...everything. Starbuck, Apollo, Commander William Adama, Boomer love those and the stuff between Number Six and Dr. Gaius Baltar is excellent and funny to.

Love how they use "freckin" as a swear woed and the theme tune is stunning I will never get tired of it.

"Frack"

Also, just saw Sarcrifices, great ep, bit gutted about some of the events but still it had to happen eventually.

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2006, 3:49 PM
Ah frack I new that was the word :D

Defrost
February 18th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Very good episode last night. Baltar was great at the end.

Chris Scott
February 18th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I see in the US this is well into the second season, episode 17 I think. How come season 1 only have 13 episodes?

Beefy
March 16th, 2006, 5:13 PM
Pegasus was a bloody amazing ep, I have to say that when it first started I thought it was going to be a fairly boring ep with not much happening, guess I shouldve known better.

Watched this episode tonight in the UK. Fucking hell that was immense. Can't wait for next week's two-parter.

Zarius
March 16th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I see in the US this is well into the second season, episode 17 I think. How come season 1 only have 13 episodes?

Certain shows in their first season getting only thirteen or less is'nt new either, Buffy had twelve, Sliders had nine.

The finale in the states was pretty risky

Jumping ahead one year, the colonization of "New Caprica", Roslyn losing the election, Baltar as president, Cylons taking over again etc, reminds me a lot of Moores' old writing duties on Deep Space Nine.

Leper Messiah
March 16th, 2006, 10:21 PM
The finale in the states was pretty risky

Jumping ahead one year, the colonization of "New Caprica", Roslyn losing the election, Baltar as president, Cylons taking over again etc, reminds me a lot of Moores' old writing duties on Deep Space Nine.

I didn't like the ending. The show had the same pacing throughout the first two seasons, probably spanning a period of a few months in storyline continuity, and then they jump one whole year in finale. Risky indeed. Felt rushed and out of whack.

Still hooked though and anxiously awaiting next year. I wonder if they have plans to continue past season three. Any official word on this yet?

Zarius
March 17th, 2006, 1:12 PM
I didn't like the ending. The show had the same pacing throughout the first two seasons, probably spanning a period of a few months in storyline continuity, and then they jump one whole year in finale. Risky indeed. Felt rushed and out of whack.

Still hooked though and anxiously awaiting next year. I wonder if they have plans to continue past season three. Any official word on this yet?

Moore expressed in the interview that this "New Caprica" story will be resolved in five episods or something, and there will be a ten parter centering more on the Cylon homeworld

Dodgy Browne
March 26th, 2006, 3:13 PM
Are there people here that watched the old show?
I haven't and I saw a dvd box today with the whole series and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.

I know the old show probably will be a lot different than the new show, but is it still watchable?

Aussie_Outlaw
March 26th, 2006, 3:19 PM
Completely different Tone, the new one is more serious and deals with issues but the older one was more childish and just story and such. Plus the fact it has old special effects and all that crap. Depends how you define watchable really.

Can you tolerate 70's era sets and acting and special effects?
Can you put up with a non-serious BsG?
etc

While I'm here anyway I must ask about the new series, I keep seeing it and wondering hmm... should I, considering I'm into Sci Fi and it's decent and all that and I did see the mini-series, but then again there's something which slightly annoys me with Hard Sci Fi with dogfights and spaceships and such. Also stuff with a completely serious tone.

So should I? I found the opening mini-series fairly serious in tone and nothing greatly entertaining and I'm just wondering about the series'

Dodgy Browne
March 26th, 2006, 3:36 PM
I personally love the new show. It's so refreshing after years of watching Star Trek.

BSG shows it's not necessary to have a big space battle each week.
BSG can be drama one week, political next, then scifi and then maybe thriller.
And even then it uses all these elements all together.
BSG is not cool because it's scifi, it's cool cause the stories are good.

At the moment there is not much scifi on tv (well here in the Netherlands). The other shows that are on are shows like Star Trek (Enterprise, Voyager) and Stargate. And those shows are pretty bland. BSG tries something new and it works. Just like Babylon 5 succeeded about 10 years ago.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 26th, 2006, 3:45 PM
You forgot Doctor Who which kickstarts it's 2nd new series in a month's time.

Chris
March 26th, 2006, 3:46 PM
I've become a fan of the show in recent weeks. I missed the mini-series and most of season 1, so I felt there was no point tuning in. But I've kept up with the show via reviews, and finally sat down to watch the 2 part Resurrection ship episode.

It was fantastic. This was just one minor element, but the music that played when Adama launched the vipers at the end of "Peagasus" was tremendous; really upped the tension. "I'm getting my men".

And I agree Stephan, there is a definite Babylon 5 vibe from the show. It's not all about space battles (which I love anyway) - it's about the characters, politics and drama.

Dodgy Browne
March 26th, 2006, 4:05 PM
Well Aussie, when flipping throught the channels I hardly ever come by BBC.
So I've never watched a new Dr Who episode.
Is that also good scifi?

Maybe I should set my vcr then.

On a sidenote, I bought season 5 of Babylon 5 yesterday.
I heard it's the worst season of the show, but still good nevertheless.
Right now I'm into season 2. I only need season 4 and then I've bought them all. Yeah I would've bought season 4 yesterday, but the store didn't carry it so went with 5 instead.

Quite risky of buying all these boxes without ever seeing them. Well, I loved season 1 and Straczinsky's work in comics (Midnight Nation and Rising Stars are terrific!). I know I will love the rest of Babylon 5.

Zarius
March 26th, 2006, 5:21 PM
Well Aussie, when flipping throught the channels I hardly ever come by BBC.
So I've never watched a new Dr Who episode.
Is that also good scifi?

Way better than Galactica (not a bash against the show, becase I love it myself, its' just in comparison to Doctor Whos' balance of fun with great deapth and concepts, it aces it, hell Stargate does the same thing, Galacticas' third choice when faced with the ever improving Atlantis, the fresher SG-1 and the longest running show of all time)

Quite risky of buying all these boxes without ever seeing them. Well, I loved season 1 and Straczinsky's work in comics (Midnight Nation and Rising Stars are terrific!). I know I will love the rest of Babylon 5.
You wont' love half of the shitty B5 movies.

On to the subject, "Ressurection Ship" aired both parts back to back in the UK, killing Cain was inspired, but it shows how different they really are. Moore has said in interviews he does'nt want to bring in any omnipotent "Ship of Lights", can't blame him really...

Completely different Tone, the new one is more serious and deals with issues but the older one was more childish and just story and such. Plus the fact it has old special effects and all that crap. Depends how you define watchable really.

Can you tolerate 70's era sets and acting and special effects?
Can you put up with a non-serious BsG?
etc

Yeah, I could actually, because your description of the original Galactica is for the most part completly uninformed and blind to the postives, all you're thinking of is the crappy filler episodes, Boxy and Muffet, and Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict playing Triad in speedos. The storylines from the multi-parters were continued in some of the smaller filler "one story" fillers (the series only lasted one season, and the small scale episodes were actually few and far between), the show had an ongoing arc that was unpresidented back then. Yeah, the acting was'nt up to par sometimes, but I'd pick the original Baltar and Imperilous Leader over emo Baltar and his naked Six Chick and crybitch pregnant human cylons anyday. The multi-parters written by Bellsario and Larson are for the most part fucking awesome and built the mythology that the new series either improves on or strecthes so they live up to more of their potential.

Original Galactica are for people who can lighten up. and watch a space/adventure series. Not a bloody metaphore for how shit the occupation of Iraq is.

I hate the bandwagon of "the originalz suckz", I love BOTH shows and see the good in both of them, so when one is bashed, I tend to bash the new version against my judgment just to let that bandwagon know their portrait is'nt exactly painted by Piccaso either.

Are there people here that watched the old show?
I haven't and I saw a dvd box today with the whole series and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.

I know the old show probably will be a lot different than the new show, but is it still watchable?

As a true fan of both shows, yes. It had the occasional bad plots, and some of the best overracting on telivision, thats' the FUN part of it. The remainder of the series was spearheaded in a way that later series like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5 would soon do. It was pioneer and a historical peice of telivision. Ignore anyone who tells you different because there blindfolded by the modern and new and have no respect for the past or can see the positives in them

Aussie_Outlaw
March 26th, 2006, 7:00 PM
Yeah, I could actually, because your description of the original Galactica is for the most part completly uninformed and blind to the postives, all you're thinking of is the crappy filler episodes, Boxy and Muffet, and Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict playing Triad in speedos. The storylines from the multi-parters were continued in some of the smaller filler "one story" fillers (the series only lasted one season, and the small scale episodes were actually few and far between), the show had an ongoing arc that was unpresidented back then. Yeah, the acting was'nt up to par sometimes, but I'd pick the original Baltar and Imperilous Leader over emo Baltar and his naked Six Chick and crybitch pregnant human cylons anyday. The multi-parters written by Bellsario and Larson are for the most part fucking awesome and built the mythology that the new series either improves on or strecthes so they live up to more of their potential.

Original Galactica are for people who can lighten up. and watch a space/adventure series. Not a bloody metaphore for how shit the occupation of Iraq is.

I didn't say one bad thing about it. Plus I'd say every scifi show from that era is riddled with bad special effects. Logans Run is completely dated yet still a good scifi. All I said was bad special effects to todays standard and not as serious, both which are true.

I never said it was bad as such just not as "dramatic/political/etc" as the newer one is supposed to be.And it is lighter.

You pretty much said exactly the same thing as I did, just with more references to the series itself rather than an overall picture.

I didn't bash it and I am not on the whole hate original bandwagon. No idea why you put me in such a box where I didn't really say anything.

:(

Zarius
March 26th, 2006, 8:54 PM
[color=#a0e00a]I didn't say one bad thing about it. Plus I'd say every scifi show from that era is riddled with bad special effects. Logans Run is completely dated yet still a good scifi. All I said was bad special effects to todays standard and not as serious, both which are true.

You versed your post to make it sound as if that was a bad thing, "would YOU like bad special effects and a non-serious Galactica?", when Galactica, the original, was serious in spite of the cons that were flashing in front of it, next to Star Wars Galactica's special effects were thankfully done by ILM and still hold up nowadays because they used more or less good coustumes and model ship work. If Larson could remaster it, it'd look even better

Sorry for generalizing, I've just had a lot of dealings with the bandwagon lately.:(

Beefy
March 27th, 2006, 4:20 AM
Way better than Galactica (not a bash against the show, becase I love it myself, its' just in comparison to Doctor Whos' balance of fun with great deapth and concepts, it aces it, hell Stargate does the same thing, Galacticas' third choice when faced with the ever improving Atlantis, the fresher SG-1 and the longest running show of all time)

Its all about opinions though isn't it? For me, the new Doctor Who (whilst very good and enjoyable) isn't a patch on the new Battlestar Gallactica.

Zarius
March 27th, 2006, 1:00 PM
Its all about opinions though isn't it? For me, the new Doctor Who (whilst very good and enjoyable) isn't a patch on the new Battlestar Gallactica.

Yeah well...

...You're adopted.:cool: :p

Chris
May 17th, 2006, 6:58 AM
Wow. I expected this thread to be bumped, though I forgot that the US peeps have seen the finale already. It aired last night here in the UK, and I thought it was fantastic.

It was certainly a risky move jumping ahead like that, but I think they did it really well. The cliffhanger was superb. It's been a while since a season finale to a Sci-Fi show has left me wondering how they'll resolve so many issues - it's a credit to everything they managed to establish in that last 15 or 20 minutes. It reminds me of the Dominion seizing DS9 or Sheridan jumping at the end of season 3 in Babylon 5 - you know it'll all be resolved somehow, but there's just so many things to tie up.

I had a look at some reviews on tv.com and saw a few who were rather anxious at the direction of the show (or downright panned the finale). A lot of the characters are in different roles now, but I think we should at least give them a chance to flesh it all out in the rumoured 5 part arc next season, than judge that the chemistry has been ruined in a mere 15 minutes.

Locdog07
May 17th, 2006, 7:56 AM
I just started watching this show (literally days ago), and fuck me is it good.

Zarius
May 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Wow. I expected this thread to be bumped, though I forgot that the US peeps have seen the finale already. It aired last night here in the UK, and I thought it was fantastic.

It was certainly a risky move jumping ahead like that, but I think they did it really well. The cliffhanger was superb. It's been a while since a season finale to a Sci-Fi show has left me wondering how they'll resolve so many issues - it's a credit to everything they managed to establish in that last 15 or 20 minutes. It reminds me of the Dominion seizing DS9 or Sheridan jumping at the end of season 3 in Babylon 5 - you know it'll all be resolved somehow, but there's just so many things to tie up

The arc reminds me of President Clark in Babylon 5 (with Baltar in the role), and Adama "Shreiden" jumping away to come back with advanced weapons and rag-tag allies to place him under arrest.

Given that Baltar's screwed up so much, maybe now they'll finally switch him to a good old Base Star and have him firmly with The Cylons, they've done all they can with him under the Galactica, and Laura knows he's in it with them

Chris
May 17th, 2006, 12:08 PM
It actually reminds me of the end of season 5 in Deep Space Nine, where Sisko and co leave the Bajorans in the hands of the Dominion, but promise to return (as Dukat finds his baseball still on his desk). Though in this case, the people on New Caprica probably don't even know that Galactica and the fleet have jumped away.

I loved the conversation where Adama and Baltar are discussing the bomb explosion, and Adama deliberately calls him "Doctor". He can't bring himself to call him President. Seeing all the Cylons marching past was a great visual too.

gulfcoast_highwayman
May 19th, 2006, 7:04 PM
I love the show and have faith in the makers to take it forward.

If I could give them one tip though it would be this: MORE CALLY! She so purty.

Bits
June 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I saw the finale ages ago, but forgot to come in here an comment, not that it makes much difference, but im bored and thought Id comment now.

Anywho, Im still a bit unsure of the big jump ahead, like someone said in an earlier post, the time period of both seasons has been fairly consistent with either just a days or just a few weeks at most between eps.

Saying that Im still looking forward to seeing how they resolve it all. Starbuck with long hair too, vary nice. Preggers Cally was a bit much for me to be honest. Only been a year and all of a sudden not only are she are Chief together but having a baby? Bit much.

I thought the nuke being detonated was a great twist, I really wasnt sure if they would do it.

What does everyone think we will see in the third Season?

I think we will see Starbuck and the other military types forming a little militia group and make an attempt to take power back from the Cylons, prob to finish the apparent 5 parter at the start of the season, I suspect a few people may not see it to the end of the season.

I don't think the fleet will be back for a while, I think they might show us them every now and then so we can see what they are up to. Not sure exactly what they could do, since they cant go find people to help, I suppose they could go to that station from the miniseries and stock up on Ammo and such.

Chris Scott
June 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Still have about 4 left to watch, for some reason I don't like this season as much as the first.

Bits
June 16th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Sorry if I spoilered anything there Chris, I didnt put spoiler tags cause the season finale has aired in the US and UK now.

Speaking of which, Ive seen ads for Galactica on Sky from this Tuesday, anyone know which season they are showing, or what ep they are starting at?

Chris Scott
June 16th, 2006, 12:42 PM
It's ok mate I didn't read anything, read the first line and that was it.

It's showing repeats of the start of season 1, I think last week was the first episode '33'

Bits
June 16th, 2006, 1:02 PM
Good stuff, I won't watch to be honest, I've not seen an ep of Galactica with adverts in it yet and not gonna start now.

I was looking at the US DVDs actually, and it would appear that they got commentaries and allsorts on the Season 1 and Miniseries DVDs, think we got a bit ripped off there. All we got were a little interview thing on the miniseries and some deleted scenes on the season 1 dvds. I also think it had the "international" opening credits, which was the most pointless thing ever since the UK opening is the "international" opening of season 1.

Chris Scott
June 16th, 2006, 5:39 PM
Yeah I got the season 1 dvd on region 1 simply like you said becuase it has better and more stuff. Come to think of it most of my box sets are for the US, UK ones just plain suck when it comes to the extras.

Chris
June 19th, 2006, 8:38 AM
Saying that Im still looking forward to seeing how they resolve it all. Starbuck with long hair too, vary nice. Preggers Cally was a bit much for me to be honest. Only been a year and all of a sudden not only are she are Chief together but having a baby? Bit much.

I don't think the fleet will be back for a while, I think they might show us them every now and then so we can see what they are up to. Not sure exactly what they could do, since they cant go find people to help, I suppose they could go to that station from the miniseries and stock up on Ammo and such.
I think there might be a twist there; that they're not together or it's not his baby. I don't know. Just with all the twists in BSG, and the fact that it really looks as if they are together, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there's something more to it.

My brother reckons that the Pegasus will get destroyed at some point, so maybe they'll combine the two skeleton crews (so there's enough people to man one Battlestar) and then use the Pegasus as some sort of giant bomb to disable or distract the Cylon fleet long enough for the rescue mission.

But yeah, it was a great finale in terms of saying "How the hell will they get out of that one?". I'm really looking forward to the third season. I only began watching from "Pegasus" onwards, but I've just finished season 1 so everything makes sense now. It's such a refreshing show compared to the other Sci-Fi I watch - Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc. There's no aliens, time travel or any other plots that have been done to death.

Bits
June 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I think there might be a twist there; that they're not together or it's not his baby. I don't know. Just with all the twists in BSG, and the fact that it really looks as if they are together, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there's something more to it.

My brother reckons that the Pegasus will get destroyed at some point, so maybe they'll combine the two skeleton crews (so there's enough people to man one Battlestar) and then use the Pegasus as some sort of giant bomb to disable or distract the Cylon fleet long enough for the rescue mission.

But yeah, it was a great finale in terms of saying "How the hell will they get out of that one?". I'm really looking forward to the third season. I only began watching from "Pegasus" onwards, but I've just finished season 1 so everything makes sense now. It's such a refreshing show compared to the other Sci-Fi I watch - Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc. There's no aliens, time travel or any other plots that have been done to death.

I like that theory, I reckon if they did do that, they would add the twist of not showing us that no one was on Pegasus, so we would all be convinced that Apollo, Dee etc had done a Kamikaze.

Its looking like Baltar will go over to the Cylons, to be with Caprica Six. Makes me think he might not last long though, cause the guy who goes with the bad guy usually dies, then again this is Galactica so maybe thats not as likely as I thought.

I think I might have already said this, but it was interesting that Caprica Boomer and Helo were nowhere to be seen in the "One Year Later" bit. I reckon Boomer is still locked up and Helo has stayed behind with her, despite the fact she has told him she doesnt want to be with him anymore. Wether she is still trusted enough, or is willing to help the humans when they go back to face the Cylons would be very interesting, I really liked the scenes at the end of the last season where you really didnt know if she was about to start killing everyone or was just gonna sulk in the corner.

Chris
June 20th, 2006, 5:55 AM
Helo was in Galactica's CIC, if I remember correctly. In fact, I think he was the one who told Adama that the alert fighters were finally ready to launch, before Apollo persuaded Adama to retreat.

There's so many things that need explained - the big falling out between Apollo and Starbuck, Cally being pregnant, how things have broken down between Baltar and the rest of the fleet, etc. Then they've thrown a whole bunch of other things at us in the final 5 minutes - how Baltar is going to coexist with Six, how Tyrol is going to react to seeing another Boomer, how the humans can even attempt to fight against so many Cylons, etc.

Who was the guy that came in to Anders' tent near the end?

Bits
June 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM
how Tyrol is going to react to seeing another Boomer, how the humans can even attempt to fight against so many Cylons, etc.

Who was the guy that came in to Anders' tent near the end?

I think you mean how he's going to react to seeing HIS Boomer, cause thats who it was beside Six, I assume the tour guide dude (can never remember his name) was also the same one from the mini series.

And the guy who came into Anders tent was the Cylon who Starbuck interoggated and who Roselin put out the airlock.

Bits
July 26th, 2006, 2:54 PM
Season 3 Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_ccvhY5-I

Minor spoilerage, no more than you'd get from any other promo

Chris Scott
July 26th, 2006, 3:12 PM
I'm finally down to the last two episodes of season 2.

Zarius
July 26th, 2006, 3:31 PM
Nickleback Galactica:cool:

Bits
July 26th, 2006, 4:03 PM
I'm finally down to the last two episodes of season 2.

Enjoy :D

You're in for quite the ride in the next 2 eps

Bits
September 2nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
More previews of Season 3 to tide people over.

I warn you, there are ALOT of minor spoilers in these, so if you don't want to know anything stay well away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKmfnoVJhSQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlwdcRdcz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcYLkeHEQe0

I have to say, it looks fracking awesome. I really can't wait. I've recently rewatched Season 1 leading up to getting Season 2 on DVD and it reminded just how brilliant this show is. One of the best shows on TV, if not in the history of TV.

Chris
September 3rd, 2006, 2:01 PM
Wow. Those previews are awesome. Thanks Bits. Funnily enough, I was just thinking about whether to get season 2 on DVD now, or leave it until Christmas. Watching those links made me kick myself for even thinking of not getting season 2 straight away.

I picked up a Battlestar Galactica magazine whilst on holiday, just for something to read on the plane, and it had interviews with the actors who play Apollo and Starbuck. They are seriously hyped up about the New Caprica arc at the beginning of the season. Apollo said those 3 episodes were the best scripts they've had so far. The third episode, "Exodus", is supposed to be all-out action episode. I can't wait. Though I see on tv.com that Exodus is now a two-parter.

There was also an interview with the producers of the show, and they said that we'll see the bridge of a Cylon basestar. In fact, there's going to be quite a focus on the Cylon homeworld later in the season, which could be very interesting.

Bits
September 3rd, 2006, 2:21 PM
Something I found out from watching the comic con panel they did, which was and probably still is on YouTube somewhere.

One of the Cylon models will be "boxed" by the end of the season.

Chris
September 4th, 2006, 7:30 AM
It looks like they're really going to be taking the New Caprica storyline from all angles. You'll have a resistance movement which perhaps goes too far in its efforts to hurt the Cylons (I assume by way of human casualties caught in the fight) and then humans who collaborate with the Cylons. Baltar's status is going to be very interesting once the humans escape New Caprica.

The previews seem to show Tigh in the thick of things, something which I know the producers wanted for season 3 - they were disappointed with the way he was used in the latter half of season 2.

Does anyone know when the UK gets the new series? I take it we won't have it in October like the Americans do.

Chris
September 9th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Sci-Fi.com has started showing the BSG webisodes now. I couldn't watch them on the site, but youtube has them. Some good stuff. The first webisode is about 4 minutes, and shows the divide between the humans who want to resist the Cylons and the humans who just want to adapt to their new lives. The Colonial police force should be a good source of controversy.
The second webisode is short but I think it did a good job in setting up the lengths that Tigh and co are prepared to go to; trying to hide weapons in the temple of all places. The season 3 preview ominously has Tyrol saying "There are some things you just don't do", so no doubt we'll see the resistance getting more and more controversial as time goes on.

Bits
September 10th, 2006, 4:02 PM
Seen the first two webisodes, not too much story, but I like the insight into New Caprica life we get from them.

Also this much used "There are some thing you just don't do, even in war" line. I'm fairly sure I know what it's referring too. From Comic-Con panel videos I saw on YouTube (probably still on there) Edward James Olmos gave away a few plot points from this season, the one I think this line refers to is:

The humans use a bio weapon against the Cylons

Bits
September 20th, 2006, 9:00 AM
For anyone outside the US who can't view the webisodes on the Sci Fi website (like me) you can get the first three here BattlestarGalacticaSite.com (http://www.battlestargalacticasite.com/)

I'm fairly sure that at least two more have "aired", so hopefully they will up those too, you can also prob find them on the usual torrent sites.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 20th, 2006, 9:01 AM
Nice bump, it just reminded me it starts in 15 minutes. Thanks Bits :yes:

Chris
September 20th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Is it currently airing where you are, Aussie? Which season are you in?

I'm making my way through the season 2 boxset at the moment. I got into the show at "Pegasus" and now I've finally seen the Kobal arc before it. The last 5 minutes of Pegasus are amazing - awesome music and camera work as Adama has it out with Cain. "I'm getting my men".

I found that BSG is part of Sky One's autumn line-up, which suggests that the UK will get season 3 this side of Christmas. I still can't find a definite date, though, but then I haven't been looking in the last week or so.

Aussie_Outlaw
September 20th, 2006, 10:37 AM
We're in the middle of season 2. We just had the episode with the reporter running around interviewing everyone around gallactica. It runs at 11pm on a Wednesday night which is a pretty bad timeslot, but I get to see it anyways.

Stargate is also a season behind with episode 9x13 just airing last week. That gets aired at 11pm on Thursdays.

Bits
September 20th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Is it currently airing where you are, Aussie? Which season are you in?

I'm making my way through the season 2 boxset at the moment. I got into the show at "Pegasus" and now I've finally seen the Kobal arc before it. The last 5 minutes of Pegasus are amazing - awesome music and camera work as Adama has it out with Cain. "I'm getting my men".

I found that BSG is part of Sky One's autumn line-up, which suggests that the UK will get season 3 this side of Christmas. I still can't find a definite date, though, but then I haven't been looking in the last week or so.

I'm sure I read it on the wiki entry or somewhere similar that it's down to air in the UK in October too, so we might get it fairly soon after the US. I don't get to use the Sky really though so I'll still have to download it.

EDIT: While you're about Aussie, could you or one of your many mod friends change the title of this thread? that spelling mistake is really reallly annoying me. Shame on The_Mike for such an amatuer mistake.

Bits
October 5th, 2006, 8:14 PM
Starts tomorrow night. I honestly can't wait for this. It's a double ep opener to boot. I have no doubt it will be nothing short of fantastic.

And for you yanks, you utter bastards. Not only can you see all of the Webisodes now, but the first 12 minutes of the first new ep are online to watch:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Chris
October 6th, 2006, 7:51 AM
Not allowing fans outside of the US to see them is really stupid. I've fallen way behind on the webisodes - I've seen 1 - 4, but youtube currently only has 8 and 9.

Still, the report on AICN has me excited. Sounds like something big happens at the end of tonight's episode: "the two hours ends in a dark and shocking manner".

If BSG is starting in the UK before Christmas, then I'm guessing it'll be early November. This month's Sky magazine didn't have it listed.

Bits
October 6th, 2006, 9:52 AM
Not allowing fans outside of the US to see them is really stupid. I've fallen way behind on the webisodes - I've seen 1 - 4, but youtube currently only has 8 and 9.

Still, the report on AICN has me excited. Sounds like something big happens at the end of tonight's episode: "the two hours ends in a dark and shocking manner".

If BSG is starting in the UK before Christmas, then I'm guessing it'll be early November. This month's Sky magazine didn't have it listed.

It's not starting here till next year. Despite all the rumours it would be running around the same time.

Ah well, shall have to be torrents.

:hyper: Not long now

Chris
October 6th, 2006, 1:43 PM
It's not starting here till next year. Despite all the rumours it would be running around the same time.

Ah well, shall have to be torrents.

:hyper: Not long now
Has it been confirmed anywhere? I saw it was announced as part of Sky One's autumn line-up, so maybe that was changed.

And yeah I'm excited for a show I can't watch. So either I'm very sad, or the show is just that good. Herc on AICN has seen the first five episodes, and says tonight's is the best of the bunch.

Bits
October 6th, 2006, 1:54 PM
Has it been confirmed anywhere? I saw it was announced as part of Sky One's autumn line-up, so maybe that was changed.

And yeah I'm excited for a show I can't watch. So either I'm very sad, or the show is just that good. Herc on AICN has seen the first five episodes, and says tonight's is the best of the bunch.

I got the info from the normal Wiki and the Galactica Wiki.

You not able to use torrents? I really couldn't wait till next year, especially after hearing how good this season is looking.

Chris
October 6th, 2006, 1:57 PM
I got the info from the normal Wiki and the Galactica Wiki.

You not able to use torrents? I really couldn't wait till next year, especially after hearing how good this season is looking.
I've never dabbled in torrents before, but maybe I'll give it a look. It is really tempting, considering how many things they have to tie up this season. The first few episodes should be fantastic.

Bits
October 6th, 2006, 2:00 PM
I've never dabbled in torrents before, but maybe I'll give it a look. It is really tempting, considering how many things they have to tie up this season. The first few episodes should be fantastic.

You should deffo give it a go, it's well worth it to get the shows early and without ads.

There are plenty of guides on how to get torrents working properly, so google it up.

I'm probably gonna stay up till about 5 or 6 to wait for this to come online :$ been something good to wake up to on Saturday...afternoon :D

Might watch the Season 2 finale while I wait actually :chin:

Jobber to the stars
October 7th, 2006, 6:47 AM

It was actually two episodes in one and it certainly does!!!

I don't want to spoil it too much for you Brits (and AO) if you couldn't resist looking but I was impressed with the manner in which they deal with "insurgents" and the hostility and relationships that emerge between people trying to cope with being under the thumb of an occupation force. Also, Col. Tye (SP?) as the one eyed leader of the insurgency was pretty bad ass.

Bits
October 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Holy frak. That about covers that about covers the opener in a non spoiler fashion :p

I'm not gonna go into detail, I might do that once I've watched it again. But needless to say this was Galactica at it's best, nothing short of brilliantly compelling.

If you have the option of downloading this before it airs where you are, then I think you're obligated to do so. TV doesn't get much better.

I really look forward to where they are gonna go this season.

Brock Landers
October 12th, 2006, 2:53 PM
Have got through all of this show over the last 2 weeks. Well impressed, I thought it'd be well cheesy but its dark as hell. Cracking stuff:yes: . The Baltar character is immense, he's pretty much the one person who has the potential to either save or damm the human race (though with the events of series 2 he's definitly gone for the latter). Cant wait for the new series though it's pissing me off no end that those webisodes arent available for uk viewers on the sci fi site. Overall great stuff, bit of a bold claim but I think this is just as good as lost if not better in places:cool:

Beefy
October 17th, 2006, 4:59 PM
It's not a bold statement at all - BSG is far better than Lost.

Bits
October 22nd, 2006, 3:18 PM
The last episode was absolutely brilliant. Some bloody amazing visuals as always with Galactica, I was just blown away.

Some things about the ep:
I'm not sure about how quickly they have wrapped up the New Caprica storyline, I love how they did it though, but it did seem all a bit quick.

I really look forward to seeing how everyone starts readjusting to life on the move again, off planet.

Baltar is now officially with the Cylons, and they have the hybrid, should make things very interesting. I really look forward to where this season can potentially go.

I don't see the humans outrunning the Cylons for long, which is obvously going to cause some problems for the humans who are now a Battlestar down.

Aussie_Outlaw
October 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I've decided with me currently sitting at 2-13 and doing one a week as they appear on tv, that since I have no 24, I may as well just knock off this entire series (8 to go) in the next few days. So I'll prolly catch up to you guys by this time next week.

Aussie_Outlaw
October 29th, 2006, 7:27 AM
Ok I'm caught up from 213 to now 305. (Yesterday's episode).

Fucking hell the end of Season 2 radically changes everything.

And Gaius is great, he's such a lefty idealist that we can all get along. Well kinda.

Beefy
December 31st, 2006, 10:02 PM
So.... what we all thinking about the new season so far?

Aussie_Outlaw
December 31st, 2006, 10:13 PM
Umm... it was different at the start due to the different setting, it fell apart a bit in the middle but this most recent few eps have improved.

Chris
January 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Exodus Part Two aired here last night. I still love that shot of the Galactica getting pounded from all sides as the camera drifts away from the action, only for the Pegasus to swoop in to the rescue. I saw it on Youtube months ago, but it's still awesome. And in typical Galactica fashion, a big celebration is coupled with a certain unpleasantness or a pondering of things to come - Starbuck and Tigh were clearly in no mood to celebrate, and Baltar and the hybrid are now with the Cylons.

I know most of the main details of the rest of season 3, and it seems that some episodes haven't been well received. One of Jammer's reviews at st-hypertext looked at the arguement for whether the occupation could have lasted longer - it was a refreshing environment, but it also may have been difficult to sustain the momentum for a long period of time. I look foward to where they take things post-occupation, but it seems like some people are already calling for another shake-up of the show.

Edit: And there's said to be another shake-up towards the end of season 3. This is an interview with Moore and Eick. There's some spoilers, but it's mostly speculation about which characters will be affected in the shake-up. http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/01/something_profo.html#more

Alf
February 18th, 2007, 7:13 AM
This is mega. I've watched season 1 and 2 in the last three days. My eyes hurt but I'm entertained.

Chris
February 18th, 2007, 7:44 AM
I'm really enjoying season 3. I'm sticking to the UK schedule rather than skipping ahead with TV-Links or a similar site, mostly because I prefer to watch things on TV rather than my computer, if I have the choice.

It's a shame that they're only getting 13 episodes for season 4, though I guess it could be extended. I just hope that if season 4 is their final season, they're able to wrap things up well enough.

Chris Scott
February 18th, 2007, 1:02 PM
Yep I'm up to episode 3 in the UK, great start so far. Catch up time for me this week.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 6:22 AM
Just polishing off the end of Season 2... in Downloaded there's a potentially HUGE continuity error...

So, Boomer dies and gets downloaded into a new body... how can Agathon's Boomer have the same memories?

Do memories get downloaded to every unit of that model that dies? I didn't think they did... otherwise all the Sixes would love Baltar and all the Eights would love the Chief....

It also contradicts the fact that they are considered Cylon heroes. If every unti of their model abosorbed their memories then they wouldn't really be any different.

So, in short... Agathon's Boomer can't possibly remember shooting Adama. Fact.

Bits
February 19th, 2007, 7:29 AM
I don't think it's saying EVERY Boomer gets the same memories, but that they gave THAT Boomer those memories so that she could convincingly dupe Helo.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think the Cylons have the ability to take a blank Boomer and put whichever other Boomers memory set into her.

That's the way I saw it anyway.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 7:48 AM
No, you don't understand what I'm saying.

Helo's Boomer was ALIVE before Galactica Boomer died. How then can Helo's Boomer remember shooting Adama? For her to remember that she'd have to have 'downloaded' the memories from Galactica Boomer...

You see?

Loving Adama's dodgy mo...

Bits
February 19th, 2007, 7:58 AM
mmm, I see what you mean. I'm sure there's a way to explain it, doesn't bother me all that much though to be honest.

Getting back into Season 3 now, I finally got round to watching Episode 8 which started off being awful but managed to redeem itself slightly. Getting the rest of the eps now, looking forward to see where they are going with t now.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 19th, 2007, 8:34 AM
Helo's wife isn't Boomer, it's Athena or simply Sharon Agathon. Helo doesn't have a Boomer. Like Caprica-Six, Boomer is the name of a specific version of Eight

It can always be said she "remembers" but doesn't actually remember, but due to the similarities of the people, it'd be more like when Twins have deja-vu and things like that. She remembers due to imagination and what she would do, just the lines are blurred since it wasn't her but it almost is. If you know what I mean.

I'm not defending it, but rather giving an semi-plausible explaination

Battlestar picks itself up from the episodes after the virus.

Pretty mucn every episode kicks my emotions into high gear. I find myself crying a bit half the time at episodes. Even when my favourite characters aren't being threatened.

My favourite characters still are

Baltar
Dee
Helo
Sharon
Three (:heart: the kiwi accent; so refreshing)
Felix

And I can't stand Apollo and Starbuck. Freaking showponies who just piss me right off. Helo is my favourite though. Baltar now 2nd closely followed by Dee.

Oh and Hotdogs is the Admiral's son in real life.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 8:45 AM
Helo's wife isn't Boomer, it's Athena or simply Sharon Agathon. Helo doesn't have a Boomer.

No need to get upset Dave... they haven't explained any of that in the show yet.

EDIT:

By that I mean I'm only up to Ep 2 of Season 3.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 19th, 2007, 8:47 AM
It's explained in downloaded that they're seperate, which you have seen.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 8:51 AM
It's explained in downloaded that they're seperate, which you have seen.

Yes, which is where the continuity error occurs. Before downloaded 'Athena' says she remembers shooting Adama. How can she when it was Boomer who did it?

That's what I'm saying.

I like your idea of how to explain it... but then that kind of opens up more holes. If seperate units can sort of share memories, even if it's in a dreamlike, twin-like kind of mind melding... then surely other 8 units could kind of take info from Athena and Boomer that would effect Galactica. Like a two way street of sub-concious information.

I'm not doing a good job of explaining it but I know what I mean...

Aussie_Outlaw
February 19th, 2007, 8:54 AM
I wasnt saying they share memories. I was more pointing out the subconscious tricking you like deja-vu and stuff like that. Twins don't actually share memories, some just think they do. They're a bit stuffed in the head though.

And that with them being so similiar they can almost predict what the other would do in the situation and how they could "feel" what they'd do in the same situation, thus almost feeling like they committed the act.

or we could just close with...

OOO THEY'RE MAGIC ROBOTS!!!

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 8:54 AM
Also, 'Athena' had memories of Galactica even when Boomer was still alive... that's how she successfully got involved with Helo... that kind of proves they have a semi-shared consciousness...

I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
GO ON PEGASUS!

Ace. That was brill.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 12:47 PM
My favourite characters still are

Baltar
Dee
Helo
Sharon
Three (:heart: the kiwi accent; so refreshing)
Felix

And I can't stand Apollo and Starbuck. Freaking showponies who just piss me right off. Helo is my favourite though. Baltar now 2nd closely followed by Dee.

Oh and Hotdogs is the Admiral's son in real life.

It's a bit odd... but Tigh is one of my favourite characters. I really like Helo, the Chief, and Number 6 (imaginary). Baltar is fucking ace too.

Adama was cool in Season 1 and the first half of 2. He turned into a bit of a fanny towards the end of 2 and beginning of three.

It's a bit annoying that everyone has married off too.

What's this virus shit all about? The execution of this storyline is bit rubbish.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 3:51 PM
Starbuck is a fox with long hair. Fact.

Bits
February 19th, 2007, 4:19 PM
Agreed.

Although I love her always.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 19th, 2007, 4:23 PM
Also, 'Athena' had memories of Galactica even when Boomer was still alive... that's how she successfully got involved with Helo... that kind of proves they have a semi-shared consciousness...

I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

That was more the default setting for the eight model as they were given by the cylons to help them impersonate real people.

Alf
February 19th, 2007, 4:27 PM
Nope, that's not what meant. Think about it like this. Boomer had been undercover for yonks and had built up a bank of memories from things she actually did onboard the galactica.

How then can Athena have these specific memories of being onboard the Galactica even when Boomer was still alive? How could the Cylons know about these things and thus programme them into Athena?

Bits
February 19th, 2007, 4:43 PM
Well if they can send the memories and personality to be downloaded via some sort of communication when they are 'downloaded' after death. Then maybe they also do checkpoints of some sort, for just that sort of occasion when they might need another of that model with almost the same memories.

It makes sense they would have a kinda checkpoint system so that they have backups of sorts if they get out of range of the Cylon planet or Resurrection Ship.

Alf
February 26th, 2007, 6:54 PM
Hmm, another 'meh' episode.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 27th, 2007, 8:55 AM
Which episode is that Alf? The opening quarter of 3 is fairly meh. It gets better from Episode 9 onwards (Unfinished Business: the boxing one.)

Zarius
March 5th, 2007, 1:42 AM
Starbuck's dead. Commence rambling

Beefy
March 5th, 2007, 4:38 PM
I really wish I hadn't clicked that.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 5th, 2007, 4:52 PM
SHE'S A CYLON :panic:

I'm just happy theres more time for my favouritest characters now, and Dee and Lee are happy :)

Alf
March 5th, 2007, 6:57 PM
Fucking hell. I didn't think they'd do it...

Blatantly a Cylon... no way they'd do it otherwise

Bits
March 5th, 2007, 8:26 PM
Ergh, so many spoilers. I still haven't caught up. Last thing I saw was the reveal of what happened between Apollo and Starbuck fell out.

Also, seriously, Aussie, pleeeeease sort the title of the thread. The spelling mistake annoys me, no end. (or any other mod who reads this thread, I just said Aussie cause he clearly does come in here)

Aussie_Outlaw
March 5th, 2007, 8:31 PM
There, can't believe I missed that.

Bits
March 5th, 2007, 8:32 PM
:heart:

Shouldn't have annoyed me, but it did :P

So, out of interest, with no spoilers, obviously.

Has Season 3 improved?

Alf
March 5th, 2007, 8:38 PM
Apart from the first few eps I think this series has taken a big leap backwards.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 5th, 2007, 8:46 PM
First 8 are poo. Most recent 9 are as good as they always are.

Alf
March 5th, 2007, 8:49 PM
Not true.

As someone who watched all the eps in one weekend I can say the quality of the drama has gone way down.

Beefy
March 6th, 2007, 5:24 PM
I thought a lot of the early episodes were very good. really enjoyed the Ocupation angle and the aftermath. Then they had a slow few weeks. I'm about six or seven episodes behind now though. I'll have a Galactica-fest one evening when I'll rattle through them all

Aussie_Outlaw
March 6th, 2007, 7:36 PM
The New Caprica episodes were good and fine. THey just weren't really "battlestar ish" and caused the next part of the series to be quite strange and not upto scratch as they had shuffled everything around and no-one was sure what was going on.

Then again the fact that they jumped 18 months in time for almost no reason annoyed me. It was just lazy and strange.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 13th, 2007, 1:58 AM
:heart: Lampkin.

He's just that cool.

:cool:

Alf
March 13th, 2007, 2:51 PM
He is cool as a cucumber.

He's a Cylon. Has to be.

Seeing as the next ep is part one of the finale I expect it to be a bigun. They really need to think about what direction they are taking the series next season. I think 50% of the eps have been pretty bad this season and I just wish it would return to season 1 and 2 form.

Zarius
March 13th, 2007, 3:09 PM
I think this show would have benefitted from being a two to four hour Mini-Series every year instead of having full length seasons. I recall Glen Larson's original intention was to do that before the decision was made by the studio to make the original series go a full season, hence they had to space out the big set peices with padded filler.

A lot of simularities occured this season, padded filler, and set peice entangled one after the other

Alf
March 13th, 2007, 4:17 PM
Lads... if you've ever played Homeworld 2... you'll want this...

http://www.battlestarmod.com/

It looks fracking ace.

Chris
March 14th, 2007, 7:59 AM
I think this show would have benefitted from being a two to four hour Mini-Series every year instead of having full length seasons. I recall Glen Larson's original intention was to do that before the decision was made by the studio to make the original series go a full season, hence they had to space out the big set peices with padded filler.

A lot of simularities occured this season, padded filler, and set peice entangled one after the other
Season 4 only having 13 episodes might be a blessing in disguise then. It might encourage them to have less filler. Season 1 was pretty tight in terms of focusing on the on-going story, be it humans vs cylons, "the cylons look like us" or an individual character's plight, with only "Bastille Day" and "Tight me up, Tigh me down" standing out as somewhat filler-ish in places. Though I think season 2 showed that they do have the ability to put on a good full-length season - despite the run from "Epiphanies" to "Sacrifice" which is criticsed by fans, I think the season had a great beginning with the Kobol arc, a thrilling Pegasus arc and a really good season finale as well.

It's hard for me to judge how season 3 is doing, as this is the first season I've watched solely on TV (I could skip ahead with TV-Links or something else, but I prefer watching the show on TV than on my computer monitor). I saw season 1 entirely on DVD, and only watched the second half of season 2 inconsistently on TV before getting the DVDs. There have been some episodes this season that didn't fare as well as others, but I don't know whether they were truly average episodes or whether it was just the fact that they weren't worth the 7 day wait. Watching a show via a big DVD boxset over a 2 week period is a much more immersive experience.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 19th, 2007, 6:12 AM
He is cool as a cucumber.

He's a Cylon. Has to be.

So I assume you finished the rest of Season 3, what did you think of the later episodes in the season?

As for this week's episode...

Roslin regains cancer, meh but in better news Apollo finally grows a spine! YAY! I don't give a toss if what he does is good or bad or whatever but I'm finally glad he finally wants something so much he's actually doing something about it. I guess after Starbuck's death it pushed him that life is short and you have to do what you want.

And now he is, I hated Apollo for so long for being the perfect one who never thinks anything for himself and does what he's told and never chased the girl he wanted no matter how many chances he had.

But now he's driven and wants something, and it took two filthy liars to bring that out of him.

And :heart: Helo for his smell before the weather change, he's the man, he can seriously do anything. He looks after the refugees, he goes to CAG, he's XO, he's next in line to command and although I respect Adama, I can only see Helo leading the ship if he quits the show and dies or whatever.

I do hate Adama for his complete disregard for the courtroom though (which he has done 2wice before), if it's not going the way he wants it he just stops it. It's like a little child. After his outburst I wanted Lee to push him on the fact Adama and Roslin have a bit of a thing going (WHICH IS FUCKING OBVIOUS AND THEY"RE BOTH USELESS FOR IGNORING).

Alf
March 20th, 2007, 2:32 PM
I really enjoyed that episode.

So, the music... is it something to cue the activation of the sleeper agents?

Are there 11 or 12 Cyclon models? If it is 12 then by my calculations we know of 6 Cylon models and the 'final 5' are shrouded in secrecy... so that would leave one more model wouldn't it?

So, if the music is linked to Cylon-ness then it looks like (MIND HAS GONE BLANK CAN'T THINK OF THEIR NAMES) Mr Starbuck and Presidents Aide are Cyclons, and perhaps even Tigh... although I don't think Tigh will be, I just think he has tuned into it somehow.

Interesting...

Dave, I watched every ep available over the space of about a week. So I've been up to date pretty much since I started posting in this thread. I think since Exodus 2 it's been a pretty boring show... tons of filler eps... even the ones where they moved forward the 'Lets get to earth' plot it dragged like mad. It's only since Maelstrom that it's getting back into it's stride again I think.

Last weeks ep and this weeks were the best in a while.

I still think IrishLawyer (I'm so rubbish with names) is a Cylon. So, if Tigh, Mr Starbuck and President's Aide are Cylons that leaves one more space in the final five... GUESS WHO THAT WILL BE....

So yeah. That's it.

Chris
March 22nd, 2007, 3:46 PM
Galactica gets a full fourth season:

Sci Fi Channel has increased its fourth season order of "Battlestar Galactica" to 22 episodes.

The order will include a special two-hour "Battlestar" event to air during the fourth quarter of 2007 on Sci Fi, and will also be released on DVD.

Previously, the network announced a reduced "Battlestar" season order of 13 episodes rather than 22. Combined with a slight ratings erosion during the show's current third season, fans worried Sci Fi might cancel the Peabody Award-winning show.
AICN says that the 2 hour show is thought to deal with the Pegasus, just shortly after the start of the war. Though nothing definite as of yet.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 22nd, 2007, 4:15 PM
I heard elsewhere they're releasing a dvd for all the subplots they didn't have time to put in the show.

Zarius
March 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Kara 's alive. Audience is swerved. She knows the way to Earth. The season concludes.

...Oh, and I don't swallow the "Bob Dylan Four" for a second. Too easy, and those characters have been through so much that they'll beleive it as much as others have through the series.

Chris
March 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
The TV movie will be about the Pegasus, and the Caprica prequel is looking less likely. An interview with Ron Moore: http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2007/03/24/battlestar/index2.html (also linked on AICN).

One of the delicate issues with serialized dramas is that they can run out of gas.

Well, you can argue that daytime soap operas never seem to run out of gas -- they go on for 20 years! But we're not really set up to do that. Ours has a beginning, middle and end. Our main title every week says "A Search for Earth," and at some point you gotta find earth, or it becomes "Gilligan's Island." The audience loses faith that you're ever going to get anywhere and the cylons are never going to destroy the Galactica and what's the point. We've always felt that there's an end to this show, and we've moved into the third act of a three-act structure. Especially after this season's finale, we've moved the story to a place where we're talking about conclusions and climaxes and what's it all about -- getting into the endgame. How long it takes to finish out the saga is another matter.

So you couldn't say now whether you think of Season 4 as the last of the series?

I'm considering that right now, to be honest. It's in the air. I don't know. It hasn't been formally decided and I haven't made my own decision. It's a possibility.

The worst thing that could happen to us is if we overstayed our welcome and got to a place where we had not finished the story and then we got canceled. I'd rather go out on my own terms creatively and go out strong.

We won't be seeing Season 4 until January 2008, but I understand there's going to be some kind of miniseries or movie coming before then?

There is something that they're calling "extra episodes" or "extended episodes" -- they keep shifting the nomenclature. Essentially, we are shooting two hours of "Galactica" that will be broadcast on SciFi Channel sometime in the fall. Let's say they broadcast it on a Friday; then, on the following Monday, it will be available on DVD.

That story will not pick up our cliffhanger at the end of Season 3. That didn't seem right. The story will be set on the Battleship Pegasus and will take place in the past, relative to where we are in Season 3. But the events set up in that story will then pay off in Season 4.

What was the reasoning behind doing that?

They came to us. It gives Home Video something to sell in the stores. Since we won't be back until January, which is a long time to be off the air, it gives the fans something to see and keeps the show alive. So it serves multiple masters. There was no way we could pick up the cliffhanger in that format, and then ask people to wait to really start the season later. One of the story lines everyone had really liked was the Pegasus story and the character of Admiral Cain, so we decided to go with that.

There's been talk of you doing another series called "Caprica," set before the cylon attack on the colony of that name. Is that still happening?

It's possible. It's been in development at SciFi for a while and they haven't picked it up. And I don't know if they're going to pick it up at this point. There's talk of doing it as a TV movie and seeing how that works, as a back-door pilot, much as we did with the "Galactica" miniseries. Right now there's nothing telling me that they're going to move on it anytime soon, so I'm starting to feel that it's going to remain on the development shelf.

It was a different kind of show. Instead of an action-adventure sci-fi piece, it was more of a prime-time soap, a sci-fi "Dallas." It was about a family, the Adamas, and a company, and it was about the creation of the cylons 50 years ago. It was not going to be space-based, but set entirely on the planet of Caprica. But it would have sci-fi touches, and it would deal with issues like artificial intelligence and the various schemings and backbitings that you get in the traditional soap opera.
To be honest, the Caprica show doesn't really sound all that appealing, and I think it was a very ambitious thing to think about when they were only about half-way through their second season. I'd prefer to concentrate 100% on BSG and then try the Caprica show after BSG is wrapped up.

Zarius
March 26th, 2007, 4:10 PM
I'd much prefer a stand-alone spin off focusing on the earlier days of the war, NOT how it began, how the Cylons were created, how this was done, how that was done etc, just get right to what the fans want and tell everything from there

Alf
March 26th, 2007, 5:58 PM
Decent finale.

Loved the trial. Hated them singing all along the watchtower... I see how they are trying to suggest that the Cylons somehow have access to Earth culture... but it was just fucking cheesy and fucking awful. Hated it.

Starbuck being back... I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm still convinced that she's a cylon and the fifth member of the final five. I'm guessing the big swerve will be that the cylons already discovered Earth.... perhaps 40 years ago, after the first war, is when they started looking for it.

Did anyone give a shit that the presidents aide was in the final five? Chief was a suprise. They didn't telegraph that in the previous episode.

I'm a bit curious as to why we only caught a tiny glimpse of the HUGE CYLON FLEET... surely it would have made the entire situation far more tense if we had seen this intimidating fleet.

I don't know why... but when Lee saw the contact on his screen... I was expecting another fleet to jump in, like an 'OMG! THAT'S AN EARTH FLEET LOL!!!' kind of thing and that would be the cliffhanger... that didn't happen though.

Overall I enjoyed it very much but was a bit 'meh'. So, now we wait for the new series.

Zarius
March 26th, 2007, 7:16 PM
Decent finale.

Loved the trial. Hated them singing all along the watchtower... I see how they are trying to suggest that the Cylons somehow have access to Earth culture... but it was just fucking cheesy and fucking awful. Hated it.

Starbuck being back... I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm still convinced that she's a cylon and the fifth member of the final five. I'm guessing the big swerve will be that the cylons already discovered Earth.... perhaps 40 years ago, after the first war, is when they started looking for it.

Did anyone give a shit that the presidents aide was in the final five? Chief was a suprise. They didn't telegraph that in the previous episode. .

Nope, but they telegraphed it during season two's finale. Nice nod of continuity there.

Alf
March 26th, 2007, 7:19 PM
Really? I don't remember that. What happened?

Defrost
March 26th, 2007, 7:40 PM
Decent finale.

Did anyone give a shit that the presidents aide was in the final five? Chief was a suprise. They didn't telegraph that in the previous episode.

I'm a bit curious as to why we only caught a tiny glimpse of the HUGE CYLON FLEET... surely it would have made the entire situation far more tense if we had seen this intimidating fleet.

I don't know why... but when Lee saw the contact on his screen... I was expecting another fleet to jump in, like an 'OMG! THAT'S AN EARTH FLEET LOL!!!' kind of thing and that would be the cliffhanger... that didn't happen though.

Overall I enjoyed it very much but was a bit 'meh'. So, now we wait for the new series.

I'm not totally convinced those four who heard the crappy cover of All Along the Watchtower are the final five. It doesn't make much sense.

Zarius
March 27th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Really? I don't remember that. What happened?

The Chief beat Cally senseless in the hangers over the slightest thing, then brooded over it and want to Brother Cavil to confess, beggining to beleive his act of barbaracy was due to being a sleeper. That's how Cavil came to reveal he himself was a Cylon.

Alf
March 27th, 2007, 3:45 AM
The Chief beat Cally senseless in the hangers over the slightest thing, then brooded over it and want to Brother Cavil to confess, beggining to beleive his act of barbaracy was due to being a sleeper. That's how Cavil came to reveal he himself was a Cylon.

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about that.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 27th, 2007, 3:47 AM
And Cavill had a great line back in the S2 finale... "how do I know you're not a Cylon... well I'm a Cylon and you're not at any of the meetings". Brilliance. Especially since we didn't know he was a Cylon at the time.

Lee's courtroom speech basically is 100% how I feel towards Baltar. It's perfect. Yes he's a fuckup but the current president is a dick and just being a meanie. I think it's brilliant that the Admiral voted for Baltar rather than against him it shows alot of character especially since he's only previously been "it's my way or the highway, what I say goes".

I wouldn't mind Season 4 being the last. Considering they're giving us big "We're almost at earth vibes" and I'd love for Kara not being a cylon even though they're giving us huge SHE'S A CYLON speculation.

Make Lee the final Cylon and put a bullet through her head, or even The President and that she's known since the beginning.

And I like the idea that they reach Earth in the 2nd last episode and find it ravaged with Cylons, sure it's a Earthsearch type thing to do, make them find Earth and make it not our current Earth type thing and either make it far into the future or past or make it so the Cylons reached here first.

As for the President's aide, I think if Billy wasn't dead he'd have been the Cylon but now we're left with a useless character beign a Cylon, it happened with Cavil before and it kinda irks me. Same with Simon as he's never around.

Also if Chief is a Cylon that means there's two half human half cylon children around which actually gives Baltar/Capsix another baby to hold in their prophecy.

And with the flock of worshipers leading Baltar to safety, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a better man and helped uncover the Cylons and save the people or something to that effect.

That Chief is one also plays to his love of the Temple mid season but doesn't make the Ragnar Anchorage make sense since supposedly Cylons are alergic to the gas or whatever.

According to the interviews and such the revealing of these as Cylons we must start to wonder "what actually is a cylon". We may end up with a big pro Cylon movement in Season 4 with the differences obviously being pointed out that they are minimal. And we all know the fifth is a major character, either Baltar, Starbuck, Roslin or perhaps even Adama (either). Though Starbuck/Baltar make the most sense. Kara is most likely with Baltar just being an arse and even perhaps someone who knows who the final 5 are and will use it now that he's free to stop attention on him.

As for watchtower it makes sense since the song is basically very religiony (Christian) in which the Cylons do follow something incredibly close to Christianity. I wouldn't say that it means there's any bit of Earth culture rather than there's some really close elements and abstract airyness which is evident in the galaxy since the song did only kick in when they hit our Galaxy. Who's to say Dylan doesn't have the same weird spiritual link with the world that the Cylons have? Plus it is a lyrically backwards song so perhaps there's some kind of hint there?

Personally I liked the episode even if the big final bit did go on for awhile with a song that isn't really battlestar-esque which was quite odd, but considering it's a finale I guess you can get away with weird things since it is kinda a dramatic moment.

And RDM confirmed that the 4 are part of the Final 5. I still have to wonder if Baltar knows the sixth.

And we now know Bob Dylan is a cylon and stole his song from the sounds around him. He's clearly the last model. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.

Zarius
March 27th, 2007, 5:07 AM
Moore also said Kara Thrace was dead.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 27th, 2007, 5:34 AM
In that same bit he also said that Kara fans shouldn't be down since things happen and he basically left it that she will return in some form.

Alf
March 27th, 2007, 2:32 PM
Hold up... so how many models are there? Is it 11 or 12?

As you know, I'm shit with names... so the ones I can account for are:

Caval
Boomer
Six
Aussie/Kiwi
Mr Anderson
Kara's mate
Tigh
President's Aide
Chief
Anders

That's 10. So do we have 1 or 2 to reveal?

Aussie_Outlaw
March 27th, 2007, 6:53 PM
There's 12, they've revealed 11.

You forgot Simon, who is the black guy who pretended to be a doctor on the original Caprica and who fiddled around with. At least I think you did.

Tigh
Chief
Anders (Mr Starbuck)
President's Aide
Six
Three (Dianna, Lucy Lawless)
Eight (Boomer, Sharon, etc)
Cavil
Leoben (the one who's obsessed with Starbuck)
Doral
Simon (black guy most obviously seen when he tries to operate on Starbuck in a Breeding Farm on Caprica)

And the elusive 12th model.

Chris
March 28th, 2007, 1:05 PM
TelevisionWeek: You've said the show is going into its third act. How many seasons do you want that act to be, and, if this is a different answer, how many do you anticipate that it will be?
Ron Moore: It's a hard question and something I'm grappling with right now. It's going into the third act and there's a couple chapters left, and they could be 10 episode chapters, 20-episode or 30. We're moving toward the climax of the series and resolution of storylines. We're just in the process of sitting down and mapping out the fourth season. We're excited about having those decisions in-house. So far, the network has very much been saying, "We'll take our cues from you."
That's encouraging. When season 4 was originally thought to be 13 episodes, I thought the writing was on the wall. But it seems that Moore and co have a good relationship with the network, so barring any severe ratings drops, hopefully the plug won't suddenly be pulled.

I'm quite shocked that those 4 are indeed Cylons (unless it's another ruse, as Moore admitted with Sackoff's carefully phrased replies to media interviews about her character's death), but as Moore said, it poses the question of what a Cylon really is. And with those characters in particular (Anders, who fought Cylons on Caprica, Tyrol, who already had an "Am I a Cylon?" scare last season, and freakin' Tigh of all people), the consequences and the fall-out should be pretty fun.

Bits
April 4th, 2007, 8:13 PM
Finally caught up, what an ending, I was worried at the start of the season that Galactica had lost it's brilliance, but it pulled it back with the last string of eps.

I have to say during pretty much the entire finale the thought going through my head (aside from 'Please gods let Starbuck be alive') was 'this doesn't feel like a finale', and it didn't. It didn't seem to be heading anywhere, the trial was over about halfway through the final ep and there didn't seem to be anything else left to do.

Should've known they'd swerve it though, I didn't even see the reveal of those four coming, I'd assumed the final models were going to be revealed, but I was still shocked when it happened. I agree that the Presidents Aide being one is completely pointless, I couldn't care less about her, if it were Billy then yeah I'd give a crap, but it's not, so I don't. The rest though, that'll be interesting, it was especially interesting to see Tighs reaction and his 'do our jobs' attitude despite his hatred of the Cylons.

I was really really hoping Starbuck would be back, and as soon as that 'Unknown' came up on Dradis I knew it had to be her. Her message about Earth I wasn't expecting though, interesting to see where it leads. She's also my top pick for the Final Cylon model, although it seems too easy, I mean she died quite clearly, so how could she not be? And her showing up there just as the Cylons do? I dunno, I'm still iffy on it.

I can't believe how long we have to wait for more though :( Sucks

Chris
May 11th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Season 4 will be the final season. An interview by iF magazine with Edward James Olmos:

THE SKINNY: iF MAGAZINE was on the red carpet covering the Saturn Awards at the Universal Hilton this evening and talked to several interesting people from all walks of Sci Fi, Fantasy, and Horror. One of the most interesting things was our conversation with Edward James Olmos, Admiral Adama, from the SCI FI Channel series BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Olmos told iF that this is the final season for the show and what fans can expect to see in the two-hour movie filling the gap between seasons three and four.

iF MAGAZINE: What’s coming up for season four?

EDWARD JAMES OLMOS: It’s fantastic. I think they’re going to discover some very important issues about what the fan base really, really wants to see and what’s to understand about this show. We’re heading into the final season. This is the final season as we speak. All of us are very saddened by that, but we always knew there was going to be a conclusion and we would find Earth, so we will be finding Earth this season. I wish it would [keep going]. I could do 10 years like this season. I think that this is some of finest usages of television that I have been a part of in my life. Bar nun. I’ve been doing this for 42 years. I’ve done some really good work in television and motion pictures but there really is nothing like this show. I can honestly tell you that this is one of the finest dramatic pieces work on humanity I’ve ever seen in my life.

iF: Are you wrapped on the series then, yourself?

OLMOS: No, I was just getting started. [Laughs] You’ll see, this year we’ll eat them up and spit them out and they’re going to wish they would’ve gone on for 10 years.

iF: So anything special we can expect for the new season?

OLMOS: You can expect lots of energy. The closer we get to the discovery and the understanding of what this show is really about, the more intense it’s going to get and the more difficult it is to watch.

iF: What can you tell us about the 2 hour movie in between seasons?

OLMOS: My involvement is minimal; it’s more of a situation about what happened to the Pegasus prior to getting to us. It’s a very powerful piece of work. The writing is…these kids are doing very well! Ron Moore, I don’t think he’ll ever have this opportunity again.

iF: Will Adama and Roslin heat up for this final season then?

OLMOS: Probably! [Laughs] We’re heating it up. We’ve been pretty intimate without getting intimate. It’s heating towards that. My instincts are that it’s going to do a tremendous about face.

iF: How did you react to the resurrection of Starbuck?

OLMOS: That’s interesting. I’d like to know what that means myself, because we thought she was gone. We were all led to believe that. We weren’t even around when they filmed that shot. We saw it at the end like everybody else. The best part of working with a really understanding group of people so they kept it.
I hope they find Earth mid-season or two-thirds of the way through. I'm confident that Moore will handle it well if they find Earth in the final episode. I guess I'm just scared of another "We did it....CREDITS" Voyager ending. I'd like to see them emphasise the Cylons following them on the route to Earth. I'd be scared witless at the thought of the Cylons finding Earth, mankind's last salvation, since it would be New Caprica all over again. Yes, they might expect to find the 13th tribe or someone else that can help them fight the Cylons, but I don't think that mentality has really been emphasised enough.

Might as well mention the finale while I'm here. I really liked it. The courtroom scenes in both parts were excellent, and Lee's speech was really well written. I love the way he touched on various deeds from the show's history, and the Trial of Baltar for his crimes on New Caprica makes a nice bookend to a season that started on New Caprica.

As for the 4 "Cylons" revealed and Starbuck appearing....well, there's a hell of a lot of questions to be answered, and I look forward to it.

Zarius
May 11th, 2007, 7:30 PM
This is territory that's going to be extremly difficult to tread on. Whilst the original Galactica series dealt with finding Earth, NOBODY considers it canon at all except for the last episode with Starbuck, and that had a very powerful scene with Adama being told Earth is'nt advanced enough, and the Cylons? They followed you dumbass, way to go", one of the few scenes from Galactica 1980 worth any mentioning.

Parts of that concept are terrifying, true, but we need to have some finality, and beleivability must come with finding the planet. What will the civilisation be like? Will they make it "present day?", because really, I know this is'nt fairy tale television, but we've seen ENOUGH "present day"...anything. Even Farscape and Lexx could'nt escape it (though Lexx DID blow the planet up)

Aussie_Outlaw
May 11th, 2007, 8:50 PM
It's weird. It's a happysad type thing

I'm happy that Battlestar will actually end rather than being cancelled but I'm sad that it'll end. There is only one cylon to be revealed now so there's really two big shocks that'll be at the end of the seasons.

1. Earth, what is it like?
2. The Final Cylon

Of course we can hope for closure with Lee/Kara as well as Bill/Laura.

Personally I have a feeling we're going to get a HUGE fight in the final double episode with everyone basically dying except Baltar and the two cylon children Hera/Nicholas become the Adam/Eve for a prehistoric Earth once Baltar leads them down there and plays out his part as his chosen one god figure.

I don't know, it just seems a realistic direction as well as one which doesn't leave many many open "but what happened after the finale" type questions.

Alf
May 12th, 2007, 6:09 AM
Is there one cyclon to be revealed? I thought they all had.

Aussie_Outlaw
May 12th, 2007, 6:19 AM
Nope, one more.

Chris
May 12th, 2007, 2:13 PM
This is territory that's going to be extremly difficult to tread on. Whilst the original Galactica series dealt with finding Earth, NOBODY considers it canon at all except for the last episode with Starbuck, and that had a very powerful scene with Adama being told Earth is'nt advanced enough, and the Cylons? They followed you dumbass, way to go", one of the few scenes from Galactica 1980 worth any mentioning.

Parts of that concept are terrifying, true, but we need to have some finality, and beleivability must come with finding the planet. What will the civilisation be like? Will they make it "present day?", because really, I know this is'nt fairy tale television, but we've seen ENOUGH "present day"...anything. Even Farscape and Lexx could'nt escape it (though Lexx DID blow the planet up)
As much as I wasn't a fan of Galactica 1980 (not that I saw all the episodes, anyway), I really like the concept of them finding an Earth that isn't advanced enough to help - with the final moments basically being "......Oh shit" while the Cylon fleet jumps in around them. It's a terribly bleak finale, but I really like it for some reason. But with all the different character and story threads going on, I don't think it'll be that black and white. Galactica is one ship against a massive Cylon fleet, so it'll be interesting to see how the Cylons are dealt with in the finale.

I think it's good that Galactica is going out on top, though it is sad that it's going away. I would have to partially agree with some of the criticisms of season 3. I don't think the episodes were bad, but some were decent or watchable rather than riveting. Not that every Galactica episode has to be a classic, but season 2 had 3 different arcs which contained a lot of great episodes (Kobol, Pegasus and then the elections), with only a few stand-alone episodes here and there. Season 3 had a great beginning and end, with the middle being quite inconsistent in my view. I think the focus will be firmly on wrapping things up in season 4, which should mean we're in for a treat.

Also:

Flight of Battlestar Continues

Battlestar Galactica's search for Earth continues to be an open-ended adventure, executive producer David Eick said.

Contrary to comments by Edward James Olmos (Adm. Adama) at the Saturn Awards on May10, no end has been announced for the award-winning show. Battlestar Galactica is preparing to film its fourth season, one that will include 22 episodes, rather than the previously announced 13.

"For those of you who have been paying attention over the years, this is not the first time Eddie has made an announcement about the possibility of the show's end," chuckled Eick. "I promise you that when [executiuve producer] Ron [Moore] and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know."
So it's not 100% confirmed that season 4 will be the last. Though it could be Eick and Moore just trying to keep everyone guessing. Olmos perhaps shouldn't have said anything.

Zarius
June 20th, 2007, 12:53 AM
It's now confirmed the fourth season will be the final one, but that's not the only big thing coming out of this

The TV Movie "Razor" will

Focus on The Pegasus crew, Cain will be revealed to be a lesbian, and we'll flashback to the days of the first Cylon War, with the original series Cylons in fully rendered CGI

Aussie_Outlaw
June 20th, 2007, 1:26 AM
Finally they may actually deal with sexuality in the Colonies. Although alot did speculate Gaeta was a homosexual.

Making that true, it's a bit meh that a strong female is made into a lesbian, I feel it's better if she wasn't.

Aussie_Outlaw
July 11th, 2007, 3:23 AM
30 second promo for Razor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOls47ha1s)

Released today.

Chris
July 11th, 2007, 11:33 AM
It looks good. I liked Commander Cain, so it should be great to see her in her element; kicking Cylon ass. I came across this site saying that the DVD version of Razor will be an extended edition with original content.

http://televisionary.blogspot.com/2007/06/battlestar-galactica-razor-dvd-to-be.html

Some season 4 spoilers posted on AICN. I really like the sound of the second one:

[Actor Aaron] Douglas revealed that the final 5 Cylons are in fact a different breed of Cylon than the human form versions that attacked the colonies. These 5 in fact are the original Cylon’s, are immortal, and are the Cylon Gods. Apparently, the repeating theme within the show, that all of this has happened before, and will happen again is going to be explored in the final season. But it was clear that the implications are that the Cylon’s rose before in the distant past of the colonies, and will rise again.

In Season 4, according to those on the set, it will be revealed that the centurion models are capable of intelligent thought, but the human form Cylons have been suppressing that ability with a device implanted in the positronic brain of the Cylon’s that prevents them from reasoning, and keeps them passive. No one would go into further details, but apparently a number of Centurions have these devices removed, and the battle damaged set is the result of the confrontation between these Centurions and their human form Cylon Masters.

Bits
July 11th, 2007, 1:29 PM
Trailer didn't show all that much really. But hey any new BSG is good enough for me.

Those spoilers sound interesting indeed, if there's any truth in them, then Season 4 could potentially be amazing.

N.E.R.F.
October 27th, 2007, 3:30 PM
Started watching season 3 about 25 hours ago. Just finished...

Frak me. I love Gaius.

in2itive
October 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Have any of you been watching the Razor flashbacks? Young Adama in the first Cylon war? Fucking brilliant.

Bits
October 28th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I'm surprised how good they are. The gunfight in midair was pushing it a bit I thought, but they've been pretty cool.

Zarius
October 28th, 2007, 1:39 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34561

Oh for god's sake...

Bits
October 28th, 2007, 2:07 AM
Well if that's true that sucks.

But :wtf: you guys don't have the Season 3 DVDs? We've had them for weeks.

Zarius
October 28th, 2007, 2:09 AM
The States will likely get tons of extras, "The Resistance" mini-sodes, documentaries, commentaries etc

What did WE get?

We got a fucking "story so far" bonus disc.

Oh, here's the fourth "Razor Flashback" episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTk-XRdw4iI&NR=1

Aussie_Outlaw
October 28th, 2007, 2:34 AM
It was pretty obvious we'd get SOME form of delay with the writing problems they've been having over there.

Bits
October 28th, 2007, 2:43 AM
April is a bit of a joke though.

It not being on till next year was bad enough. At least Razor is coming, but nearly a year for new eps is just gonna be painful.

in2itive
October 28th, 2007, 5:04 AM
It is totally fucked. I don't know whether it has been acknowledged or not, but I would assume that they'd be worried about what the potential writer's strike would do to their ability to get everything ready in time for a premiere prior to April.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 3rd, 2007, 11:50 PM
Razor is leaked.

Watched it this morning.

Bits
November 4th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Got it downloaded, shall be watching it when I get up tomorrow :hyper:

Had a quick look and the quality is lovely, far better than the TV rips of BSG, I love when stuff like this happens.

in2itive
November 4th, 2007, 2:13 AM
Downloading now. Ron Moore will be pissed.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 4th, 2007, 2:15 AM
Season 4 kicks off on March 28th with a recap episode of the first 3 seasons as well.

Zarius
November 4th, 2007, 2:37 AM
Watching the Razor Flashback with Bill and the freefalling Cylon...I've only seen up to that point, but it'd be awesome if that Cylon ultimatley becomes Tigh.

Zarius
November 4th, 2007, 3:11 PM
Seen "Razor". Not bad for a film that pushes two seasons forward, the former with additional deapth, and the latter with clues.

The Kara revelation adds a different side to the endlessly repetitive "bad cover band name", but it really depends on the POV of the Cylon Hybrid, finding Earth may only "end" what "continues again and again".

Aussie_Outlaw
November 4th, 2007, 8:17 PM
Actually I'd say the biggest line in the movie was when Kendra said to six... "doesn't that mean resurrection in Geminese?". When I heard that I instantly thought... they wouldn't give the final Cylon away that easily would they?

Zarius
November 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
By Moore's own admission he never really tried to hide who the fifth one is.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I just felt that one line of dialogue completely gave away the fifth, since there is another person in the fleet whose name means Resurrection.

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 12:12 AM
If that particular person turned out to be the fifth, that will be a most underwhelming revelation.

Finished watching Razor. LOVED IT. Bring on March 28th...

Aussie_Outlaw
November 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Even if I have basically said they're my #1 choice for the last year.

It explains a lot, and fits with the guardians angle they started to push in the 3rd season as well.

Yes I'm being slightly cryptic not to give away theories, even though I probably should just talk openly. :p

OK I will.... PURELY BASED ON NAME it should be a lock in for the final cylon.

Anastasia Dualla, which broken down means

Anastasia = Resurrection
Dualla = Duo / Two (as in two sided)

It's been staring everyone in the face since Final Cut.

Though I did read a strong case the other day highlighting the parallel between Lee/Bill's father son relationship and the relationship between the Cylons & Humans basically showing how in both cases the Son is breaking free of the father's shadow and the resentment and everything. So there's food for thought as well.

Bits
November 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Really enjoyed Razor.

But all it really did was make me pissed that we have to wait so fucking long for Season 4. :(

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Anastasia Dualla, which broken down means

Anastasia = Resurrection
Dualla = Duo / Two (as in two sided)

It's been staring everyone in the face since Final Cut.

Yeah, as I said though, it'll be an underwhelming revelation. Dee's been a useless character since Lay Down Your Burdens.

But all it really did was make me pissed that we have to wait so fucking long for Season 4. :(

So say we all...

Aussie_Outlaw
November 5th, 2007, 1:06 AM
HOW DARE YOU CALL HER USELESS. :mad:

Now I'm cranky, cos she's the sweetest best thing on the show. Best looking human by a mile as well. And I hate that she has to put up with the shit she does. She has my everlasting sympathy.

Bits
November 5th, 2007, 1:09 AM
You have angered the beast...

She really has never been that exciting, she didn't even do very much in her one interesting storyline.

Zarius
November 5th, 2007, 3:04 AM
The original Sharon on Galactica pissed me off for being an uninteresting whiner...then I realized what they were doing to develop the one that WAS interesting...

...So yeah, somewhere around there's a Dee that's probably a much more caring, less distant, less militant character. She clearly only fell for Lee for the uniform, not his own convictions.

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 3:37 AM
Useless since her marriage...

I loved her character to begin with - and I agree with you that she's a lovely creature. I just hate the direction in which her character has been taken (ie to a point where she is useless).

Lee cheated on her, she stayed with him. But represent Balter? No, that's it, she leaves. What rubbish.

She needs to find someone else quick smart so we can see her loveliness on display again (a la the first scenes of The Captain's Hand).

Zarius
November 5th, 2007, 3:46 AM
It was more about Lee forcing Roslyn to admit she was taking drugs, disgracing her credibility, and ultimatley driving her to admit she had cancer just to guilt him that caused Dee to leave.

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 3:59 AM
Fair point.

I simply believe it more credible that a wife would leave her husband over continued infidelity than she would over differing political ideologies.

In any case - she was a much stronger (and more useful) character before she started looking at Lee's arse.

Zarius
November 5th, 2007, 4:00 AM
And a fat one at that depending on the year.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 5th, 2007, 4:54 AM
I simply believe it more credible that a wife would leave her husband over continued infidelity than she would over differing political ideologies.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

She loves Lee, that much is clear. She didn't pick up the full extent of Lee/Kara and only started to pick up on it in Unfinished Business but I'd say she never learnt they actually cheated on her until much later.

She didn't leave him over just the political differences. She left him because of that AND her completely dire relationship as well as that it seems her husband is being unfaithful.

Just because YOU know Lee's a filthy cheat, doesn't mean she does. I wouldn't be surprised Lee kept the entire thing a big secret since he's a fucking dog of a person.

The straw which broke the Camels back was that she could not see Lee as someone she loves anymore and that was caused by Lee doing the completely immoral thing in representing Baltar.

It seems some of you are viewing it without an emotional aspect part of the relationship, I've seen girls completely stay in awful relationships with awful boys and then finally leave for stupid reasons at the end. It's quite normal.

If you look at it logically without trying to look at what she sees but rather what Lees doing it does look stupid, however it's completely in character as she is a little naive, misses things and is highly emotional. She clearly fell for Lee back in Season 2.

So lets see

She starts dating Lee cos Billy dies
They get Married
She moves onto Pegasus as XO with Lee
Lee cheats on her with Kara
She finally notices the tension with Lee/Kara in Unfinished Business
She again has to put up with shit on the Algae planet.
Most likely she starts to push Lee and wonder what she can do and ask him about Kara, Lee would deny as he refuses to leave Dee. Lee puts in more effort into the relationship saying he loves her and everything
Lee Drops the ball and starts drinking into oblivion.
Lee makes the choice to stay with Dee
Dee and Lee start to work things out in Take A Break From Your Worries.
Still it's strained and now she's more aware of everything.
Lee drops his entire career to represent Baltar and burns the President.

So we've got a slow build on what is revealed to Dee as well as Lee working back to be in Dees good books and it finally breaks when Lee tosses in his entire career (which would be completely stupid in her eyes as she is a military woman) and backs someone she hates and turns on the president.

It's not so much one big thing which made her leave but rather a culmination of events. Basically she's never cottoned on that Lee and Kara actually slept together but clearly that there's something there but she knew there was something there when she got Lee at the start.

Basically in S3, Dee has been used as a sympathetic character who is supposed to pull on our heart, and she's done that well. As for major events there hasnt been anything but still she's been supurb in Season 3 as the victim of Kara/Lee. She really makes me hate both of those two as they do come off as absolute scum.

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 5:02 AM
Make no mistake, I think Kandyse has done an excellent job with what she's been given, and I don't dispute your analysis of her relationship with Lee (which was an offhand comment, not my ultimate point).

I also hated Lee and Kara and their involvement in this storyline - but that wasn't as a result of the sympathetic character of Dee - it is just because they were being fuckwits, plain and simple.

It is clear that Dee is aware of something going on as early as Lay Down Your Burdens when she gives Lee the "It's her..." before putting her on the wireless (Pegasus CIC, just before the Cylon's come back).

For mine, her being the sympathetic victim of Lee and Kara's infidelity comes off more as Dee being weak and puppy-eyed. The audience is left wondering just what the frak Dee sees in him to begin with, and also why she puts up with any of his bullshit (the implied knowledge of 'something' going on, the drinking etc).

I hated the Lee/Kara/Dee/Anders storyline - and I think the only character that came out of it as good or better than they were prior to it was Anders.

What they do with Dee in Season 4 (incl. a possible revelation tied to the meaning of her name) will determine my ultimate judgement of her character and how she's been handled.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 5th, 2007, 5:32 AM
She's also the hottest human left in the series.

in2itive
November 5th, 2007, 5:36 AM
On that Aussie_Outlaw, I completely agree.

N.E.R.F.
November 5th, 2007, 1:31 PM
Callie.

Beefy
November 5th, 2007, 3:29 PM
On that N.E.R.F., I completely agree.

Chris
November 5th, 2007, 3:35 PM
I've always thought Seelix was one of the best looking, but I preferred her with long hair.

Dee worked best as Adama's conscience and confidant, particularly when the fleet had split up in season 2. I enjoyed their relationship, and thought it deserved a bit more focus once Dee married Lee.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 5th, 2007, 8:00 PM
What is it with you English and fringes? Did your country not pick up the memo that they're awful awful looking things? Cally could look half decent if she got a respectable haircut.

Aussie_Outlaw
November 6th, 2007, 1:34 AM
With the strike Battlestar has 12 episodes written for Season 4 (According to Mrs Ron), so they could realistically get most of those out for a short season.

Stargate is completely unaffected as it wrapped filming some time ago and is into post, and even then the entire show is basically done by Canadians.

in2itive
November 6th, 2007, 4:05 AM
Tyrol's woman? HAH! She's got nothing on Dee.

I agree re: Seelix though. I wasn't a huge fan of Tory but she looked hot in her little scene with Blanders.

Dodgy Browne
December 22nd, 2007, 5:04 PM
Quick question:
Should I watch Razor without having seen anything of season 3?
I downloaded it, but now I don't know if I will be spoiled with certain storylines if I watch.

Help!

Bits
December 22nd, 2007, 5:21 PM
As far as I remember, there's pretty much nothing that would potentially spoil season 3 in Razor. Aslong as you've seen up to Season 2 you should be fine.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 22nd, 2007, 7:33 PM
Razor slides in beautifully around The Captain's Hand. Nothing from Season 3 can be revealed as at that point in the story they haven't happened yet.

The only thing is the bit at the end but that doesn't really matter where it appears.

Razor's podcast is also up, nice showing of development of the movie, about 4 hours.

N.E.R.F.
January 7th, 2008, 2:26 PM
Just seen Razor. Pretty good, love the fact that Cain was a Cylon rugmuncher. Should I spoiler that? It's been a couple of months since it got leaked and not really revealing.

The 'minisodes' on the DVD are really disappointing, it's basically a slightly extended version of Adama's flashback. Only interesting information is that he had never flown combat before that mission

Come on season 4 for frak's sake :(

Brock Landers
February 10th, 2008, 3:57 PM
Now the writers strike looks (fingers crossed) to being resolved the show will hopefully get to continue and they'll finish the last 8 episodes. Also has anyone seen the final Razor webisode/extra?, they drop a MASSIVE clue towards who may be the final cylon.

Alf
February 10th, 2008, 3:59 PM
Spill the beans...

Brock Landers
February 10th, 2008, 4:14 PM
The last flashback takes place just before the cylon invasion during Galactica's decommisioning. Doral (number 5) is mentioning how as part of the flyby planned for the ceremony they have arranged for Lee Adama to be transferred over to galactica. Given the events of season 3 this definitley fits with the cylons plan, basically having undercover agents connected to the spine of the ship (Tigh-Adama, Chief-Viper pilots etc. This and Leobens "Adama is a cylon" makes me think it is too much of a hint for it to not be. The last Cylon has to be a major character. If they go and waste it on somebody like Dee I'll be very dissapointed.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 11th, 2008, 1:42 AM
That'd explain why his acting is always so robotic.

Chris
March 19th, 2008, 4:09 PM
The Caprica prequel has been green-lit by Sci-Fi, according to AICN.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/battlestar-gala.html
This is an interview with Moore by the Chicago Tribune. Lampkin will be back for at least one episode in the first 10 episodes, and will possibly re-appear in the second half of the season. Moore doesn't know when the last 10 episodes of season 4 will be aired. He's directing episode 12 himself.

Also, until yesterday, I had no idea season 4 was starting in 2 weeks. And thankfully the UK isn't going to be too far behind. Season 4 starts in the US on Friday 4th April, and in the UK on Tuesday 8th April.

in2itive
March 19th, 2008, 8:49 PM
Yes. Brilliant.

Zarius
March 19th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Whedon's Dollhouse, for the five weeks FOX air it, will be good, but damn was that a missed oppertunity

Aussie_Outlaw
March 23rd, 2008, 1:26 AM
Ok, they've slowly been releasing bits and pieces of Battlest special episodes (recaps etc) in preparation for the start of the new series.

WHAT THE FRAK IS GOING ON (8min recap)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfI3Yv6T0Q

BATTLESTAR REVEALED (20min character piece: 2 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb3ESOQoJRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRegsttnss

BATTLESTAR - THE PHENOMENON (25min celebs talk about their love for it: 3 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzW5ghnskDE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBlzJFuoqOw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5UbPICbxCQ

Thats them there.

I should also ask a favour since it's not really too much to ask. Ok I'm slowly gathering all the commentary tracks for BSG. And for some stupid reason (I hate it when they do this), they release compeltely different DVD versions. The Aussie MiniSeries edition is void of a commentary track. If its possible can one of the UK/US peoples rip the commentary track from the DVD and send it to me. Or at least pester me by PM or something.

I want the razor one as well but since Razor is still yet to be released down here I can still hope it'll be on that release so I can get it myself.

Currently the tracks I have is

Season 1 (Episodes 1,3,4,5,9,10,11,12,13)
Season 2 (All episodes except 3)
Season 3 (All of them)
And a few more random ones. 2 Bonus ones from Season 3. Roundtable Discussion, Frak Party Podcast, Scar (Writers' Meeting: 3 parts), Razor Writers Meeting (4 parts) & A Day In The Life (Editing Session Highlights)

Just missing Miniseries commentary & Razor Commentary.

Simmo Fortyone
March 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Is this a show I should get in to? What's the main differences compared to, say, Star Trek TNG?

Aussie_Outlaw
March 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Is this a show I should get in to? What's the main differences compared to, say, Star Trek TNG?

YES!

This is a serial show which long plotline arcs (like LOST) rather than a series of little fun nonsense standalone episodes.

The main difference is that theres not a lot of "tech babble" like you get in the Star Treks and that it's a lot darker (as expected since it deals with the extinction of the human race)

Go and get the Miniseries (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/226489) (it's about $15 at Ezydvd or wherever) which is basically a 3hr movie to set the series. Or you could go buy every episode (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/796359) which has aired for about $130.

It's honestly one of the most beautiful series in look I've ever seen and not in the wow a rainbow type way.

Chris Scott
March 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Dam, I just remembered I'm still on season 3, I better get watching.

Chris
March 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Are you just working your way through the episodes again, or have you not seen all of season 3? If it's the latter, you're in for a treat with the finale.

If I was introducing someone to BSG, I'd show them "33" from season 1 - you pretty much understand what is going on without having seen the mini-series, and it's a fantastic episode of television.

BSG is very different from Star Trek - there are no aliens of the week, very little technobabble and situations are not tidily resolved by the end of an episode. This is very gritty Sci-Fi, with complex characters struggling to survive as a race against a relentless enemy. The special effects are fantastic, the acting is great and there are some very tense and dark storylines.

Chris Scott
March 24th, 2008, 6:15 PM
Nope not seen all of season 3, next episode to watch is Torn.

Aussie_Outlaw
March 30th, 2008, 8:33 PM
After rewatching "A measure of salvation" you end up noticing that none of the "galactica cylons" (the four revealed in crossroads) have any interaction with the infected prisoners.

Interesting.

If we use the theory that people who came in contact with the infected cylons are human then this rules out Lee, Bill, Roslin, Helo, Cottle (& any of the pilots I guess unless we don't since they seemed to be mostly covered during the Base Ship investigation).

Though from the main cast Starbuck & Dee are absent from interaction which does seem to point the finger in their direction.

Chris
April 6th, 2008, 7:37 AM
Has anyone seen the new episode yet?

I've checked on Sky TV guide and there are two specials on Tuesday looking at BSG. However, it says that they're showing Razor after the specials. Since the end of the description says "Season 4 1 and 2", I think someone's made a mistake in the listing. But I'll be annoyed if they really are showing Razor again, since that means we'll be a week behind the US if they start showing season 4 the following Tuesday.

Aussie_Outlaw
April 6th, 2008, 7:50 AM
Razor is considered 401 & 402 in the production scheduling of BSG. It's not the real episode 401 or 402.

I watched the new ep last night, but I was half out of it since I was drunk which means I should watch it again. The tone seemed a bit different to the older seasons from my viewing as they seem to be playing a much more mystical card going further into prophecy.

The specials are the ones I linked a week or so back in youtube links.

According to the battlestar wiki you get the first episode on the 15th. You're not really in a place to complain about being behind as we're upto "Hero" from Season 3 as the newest episode on tv. But weirdly the DVDs for Season 3 are already on the shelves before they aired on TV at all.

Thirteen
April 6th, 2008, 7:51 AM
For us the debut was on Friday night. Very good episode. After not catching the season finale of last season, I was very glad when they played both parts prior to the season premiere.

To me it was a good episode. They're trying to cram a lot of stuff into the episode, just like they did with the finale, so I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of stuff going on between now and the series finale, and I honestly don't have a clue how it's going to end.

in2itive
April 6th, 2008, 7:53 AM
Have watched it twice - think it is an excellent start to the season. It's great to have BSG back!!!

Aussie_Outlaw
April 6th, 2008, 7:56 AM
For us the debut was on Friday night. Very good episode. After not catching the season finale of last season, I was very glad when they played both parts prior to the season premiere.

To me it was a good episode. They're trying to cram a lot of stuff into the episode, just like they did with the finale, so I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of stuff going on between now and the series finale, and I honestly don't have a clue how it's going to end.

The other thing is that it's clearly the first part of a two parter so it's difficult to judge how it is without seeing the concluding part as none of the threads opened in the episode were closed but merely it was setting the stage for the entire season.

It'd be like watching the teaser from a normal episode and asking us how good it was. WE NEED MORE!!!

in2itive
April 6th, 2008, 8:00 AM
Fair point there AO.

From what I hear, there will be very little in the way of stand alone stuff this season - so the to be continued stuff will become a little bit of par for the course.

Not necessarily in the middle of the scene (like this ep), but certainly there'll be episodes ending with us begging for more information.