PDA

View Full Version : The Official Batman Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

cactusmaac
September 11th, 2003, 5:14 PM
Christian Bale :yes:

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=39622

Christian Bale has won the role and will star as the caped crime fighter in the next BATMAN movie. Filming is slated to commence in early 2004.

Warner Bros. President of Production Jeff Robinov made the important announcement this morning, confirming that Bale has won the role.

"Now that we’ve found the best person to play Batman, we are really looking forward to moving ahead with the rest of our casting, and are excited about the exceptional group we are assembling," said Robinov in a press statement issued by Warner Bros.

"What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne," adds BATMAN director Christopher Nolan. "He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for.”

The script for the new BATMAN picture was written by David Goyer and Nolan. The studio now confirms that the next movie will follow the early career of the Batman.

Great news. Bale's been great in movies like Shaft, Equilibrium, Line of Fire and Equilibrium while Nolan has done Memento and Insomnia and Goyer's done the Blade movies, Dark City and written the Starman and JSA comics.

I get the same vibe from this as when Tobey Maguire, an underrated actor at that point, was picked for Spider-Man.

Frankly I'm just glad it wasn't Ashton Kutcher.

Matt E
September 11th, 2003, 5:26 PM
He was in American Psycho yes?

Reech
September 11th, 2003, 5:36 PM
He was in American Psycho yes?

Yus :yes:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 11th, 2003, 5:39 PM
2 things i can say:

1) Who? :(

2) He cant be as bad as Val Kilmer.. can he? :scared:

cactusmaac
September 11th, 2003, 5:46 PM
Kilmer wasn't bad.

Clooney sucked balls.

Gyoza
September 11th, 2003, 6:16 PM
At least they got Joel Schumacher out of the director's chair.

SerialHunter
September 11th, 2003, 7:06 PM
I just care for the direction from Arenovsky (Or whatever the fuck his name is)

Hack
September 11th, 2003, 7:19 PM
We are forgetting his strongest role, the badass kid in Newsies.

He once sold "papes" and now he'll fight crime. Awesome.

The Beer Monster
September 11th, 2003, 7:34 PM
As long as batman goes back to being dark and Gothic like in the first two films, I dont mind who plays him.

Locdog07
September 11th, 2003, 7:40 PM
Christian Bale = :yes:

ThaFuture
September 11th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Bale is a great choice, I loved his work in Equilibrium. It was awesome. This Batman movie could be great with him being the star.

Nemesis
September 12th, 2003, 5:06 AM
Christian Bale doesn't seem to be as bulky as Batman should be, but there's not many choices in Hollywood as to who can play him.

Bruce Campbell would have been cool, I've always thought, but I'm looking forward to seeing Bale as Batman. Especially if they're doing Year One. :yes:

GeezaTap
September 12th, 2003, 5:19 AM
Christian Bale doesn't seem to be as bulky as Batman should be, but there's not many choices in Hollywood as to who can play him.

Bruce Campbell would have been cool, I've always thought, but I'm looking forward to seeing Bale as Batman. Especially if they're doing Year One. :yes:

Didn't Christian Bale 'juice' up to play Patrick Bateman or something?

I remember reading something about that once.

I'm sure he could do the same again to play Batman if needs must.

I'm happy though, he's a great actor.

Nemesis
September 12th, 2003, 5:23 AM
Didn't Christian Bale 'juice' up to play Patrick Bateman or something?

I remember reading something about that once.

I'm sure he could do the same again to play Batman if needs must.

I'm happy though, he's a great actor.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I'm thinking in comic book terms for the role. But Bale would make a kickass Batman, at least on the detctive side of things.

He'd make a pretty good young Batman, which is why I'm hoping that it's Year One that everyone's talking about.

The Beer Monster
September 12th, 2003, 5:57 AM
Michael Keaton wasnt exactly a bib bloke, but he was a good Batman, The suit and the way the stand and the way its filmed are more important than ther actual size.

Nemesis
September 12th, 2003, 6:02 AM
Michael Keaton wasnt exactly a bib bloke, but he was a good Batman, The suit and the way the stand and the way its filmed are more important than ther actual size.

I see your point, since Hollywood can do seemingly anything. But Keaton never seemed convincing as either Batman or Bruce Wayne. I'm just glad they're not putting any guy with name recognition in a bulky Batsuit. It sounds like they're taking a chance with Bale, and, to me, he seems good enough for the part. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Bats in a movie for once.

RabidWookie
September 12th, 2003, 6:29 AM
Batman isn't really that huge in the comics though. None of the movie Batmen have been either, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. Some artists make him look bigger than others, but that's the same with a lot of characters. Especially Superman of late :grumpy:

Nemesis
September 12th, 2003, 6:33 AM
Some artists make him look bigger than others

Jim Lee *cough*

Locdog07
September 12th, 2003, 6:38 AM
You just know there'll be a spoof of this called "Bate-Man"...

fear is the mindkiller
September 12th, 2003, 3:45 PM
So who is the villian(s) going to be in the movie? Or does it concentrate more on dealing with his parents' death?

cactusmaac
September 12th, 2003, 5:42 PM
There are rumours it's going to be a Year One-ish type movie with Ra's al Ghul as the villain although Scarecrow's also been mentioned.

Ra's al Ghul is a pretty-much immortal guy who wants to wipe out 90% of the Earth's population in order to protect the environment.

Batman regularly shags his his very fine daughter. :yes:

Wookie: I take it you're not a fan of Ed McGuiness's Superman then? I like his depiction since to me comic boo kcharacters should look larger than life.

d_fly_jr
September 12th, 2003, 6:21 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes:

It doesn't get much better than this. Bale rocks, we have a new director with a vision, heck this could be it. We might finally have a truly awesome Batman movie on our hands. :yes:

SideburnZ
September 12th, 2003, 7:36 PM
At least they got Joel Schumacher out of the director's chair.

Aw, no more colorful street circus or Batman and Robin on ice figure skating?

:(

:nono:

Locdog07
September 12th, 2003, 7:53 PM
No more rubber nipples.

Unless Ren and Stimpy have a cameo or something...

RabidWookie
September 12th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Wookie: I take it you're not a fan of Ed McGuiness's Superman then? I like his depiction since to me comic boo kcharacters should look larger than life.

McGuinness is one of my favourite artists. I love the way he draws Superman, but to me that's just not how Supes should look.

Excel
September 14th, 2003, 7:02 AM
Lets face it, Batman 5 Will be good....simply because it couldnt be worse than batman 4 was. If you ask me its not gonna be too difficult for these actors to live up to the last movie

Guy
September 14th, 2003, 7:09 AM
McGuinness is one of my favourite artists. I love the way he draws Superman, but to me that's just not how Supes should look.

Have You Got A Link To One Of These Superman Pics?

Hack
September 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
:yes: :yes: :yes:

It doesn't get much better than this. Bale rocks, we have a new director with a vision, heck this could be it. We might finally have a truly awesome Batman movie on our hands. :yes:

We already do. It's called Batman. And Batman Returns isn't too shabby, either.

SideburnZ
September 14th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I hope they have a scene where Batman is banging Catwoman and Poison Ivy and then flexing in the mirror as he does so, then he'll make Catwoman look at Poison Ivys bumhole and say "Dont just stare it...eat it!"

Cubed-Sphere
September 14th, 2003, 7:12 PM
I still miss Keaton :(
Keaton was the defenitive Batman and the 1st two batmen were of course the best, i don't think any fan will ever dispute that.

Locdog07
September 14th, 2003, 7:22 PM
I hope they have a scene where Batman is banging Catwoman and Poison Ivy and then flexing in the mirror as he does so, then he'll make Catwoman look at Poison Ivys bumhole and say "Dont just stare it...eat it!"

There should also be a scene where Bruce Wayne shows off his business card and everyone's envious of it because it says "Bruce Wayne - Definitely Not Batman" on it.

Brock Landers
September 14th, 2003, 8:00 PM
There should also be a scene where Bruce Wayne shows off his business card and everyone's envious of it because it says "Bruce Wayne - Definitely Not Batman" on it.

Or how about during a main scene with a villian he goes into a three minute rant on the merits of Genesis or Whitney Houston?.... Lets face facts 'Bate Man' would rule!!! :yes:

TRY GETTING INTO FUCKING DORSIA NOW JOKER!!!

cactusmaac
September 15th, 2003, 7:27 AM
Have You Got A Link To One Of These Superman Pics?

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Covers/Superman-Batman-2003/supbat1a.jpg

Poodog
September 15th, 2003, 12:47 PM
All this talk of Bale and no one mentioned his best role. Empire of the Sun, one of the best movies ever.
"Want a Hershey Bar, kid?"
"yeah"
"Me, too, kid."

d_fly_jr
September 16th, 2003, 2:57 PM
We already do. It's called Batman. And Batman Returns isn't too shabby, either.

Well, I'm sorry to say this, but although the Keaton/Busrton movies were good, they are not a truly awesome rendition of Batman. I always have been a huge fan of the character, and the Animated Series did a better job with Batman than any of the movies.

:yes: Here's to hoping that they'll finally stretch the "detective" aspect of Batman.

Guy
September 16th, 2003, 3:00 PM
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Covers/Superman-Batman-2003/supbat1a.jpg

I Don't See Anything Wrong With That? Do You Have A Prefered Supes Look Wookster? Maybe One You Could Post?

Oh And First Person To Find A New Bale/Batman Pic When One Is Taken Gets A Virtual Cookie

Nemesis
September 16th, 2003, 3:06 PM
Well, I'm sorry to say this, but although the Keaton/Busrton movies were good, they are not a truly awesome rendition of Batman. I always have been a huge fan of the character, and the Animated Series did a better job with Batman than any of the movies.

:yes: Here's to hoping that they'll finally stretch the "detective" aspect of Batman.

I agree completely. Burton did a fairly decent job of making a decent Gotham, but Keaton just didn't convince me that he was Bruce Wayne, let alone Batman.

But yeah, the Animated Series was one of the best cartoons ever. Kevin Conroy voiced Batman perfectly.

RabidWookie
September 16th, 2003, 6:16 PM
I Don't See Anything Wrong With That? Do You Have A Prefered Supes Look Wookster? Maybe One You Could Post?

Oh And First Person To Find A New Bale/Batman Pic When One Is Taken Gets A Virtual Cookie

I dunno, he just looks far too muscly when done by McGuinness. A lot of artists make him look pretty big, but McGuinness' style makes him look even bigger. Just doesn't seem like he'd be able to pull off looking like Clark Kent when he is that huge.

cactusmaac
September 16th, 2003, 6:40 PM
Suits disguise muscle.

Locdog07
September 16th, 2003, 6:45 PM

F*ck yeah! The animated series is seriously good. And they're gonna release it all on DVD soon, I hear. :drool:

jza1218
September 16th, 2003, 6:56 PM
I agree completely. Burton did a fairly decent job of making a decent Gotham, but Keaton just didn't convince me that he was Bruce Wayne, let alone Batman.

:yes: Batman's not supposed to be a short, little, curly-haired Jew.

Sorry. Can't fight crime today. Its Yom Kippur.

d_fly_jr
September 16th, 2003, 7:59 PM
:yes: Batman's not supposed to be a short, little, curly-haired Jew.

Sorry. Can't fight crime today. Its Yom Kippur.

:lol:

d_fly_jr
September 16th, 2003, 8:01 PM
I dunno, he just looks far too muscly when done by McGuinness. A lot of artists make him look pretty big, but McGuinness' style makes him look even bigger. Just doesn't seem like he'd be able to pull off looking like Clark Kent when he is that huge.

Welcome to the great misteries of comic books:

- How in the world can a pair of glasses make such a difference?
- How come all of Hulks clothes rip, but never his pants?

cactusmaac
September 17th, 2003, 4:09 AM
Hulk's pants are special, super-stretchy ones.

Superman's glasses make his blue eyes look a lot less brighter one of the things that most people instantly recognise about Supes.

Guy
September 17th, 2003, 6:46 AM

Good Point, But Still I Think It Looks Pretty Decent, Maybe His Suit Is Eeeeeeeeextra Tight?

RabidWookie
September 17th, 2003, 9:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love how he draws Superman. It just doesn't quite seem right for some reason.

:\

Hack
September 17th, 2003, 10:35 AM
How Prince + Nicholson + Elfman + Burton + that rooftop battle can equal something subpar in anyone's eyes is beyond me. Batman is fucking great. And Keaton did better than anyone that's ever tried.

I'm also a pretty big fan of the animated series ... and, in the US at least, it is on DVD. I won't be buying it, though. Why? It is 4 episodes per DVD with them coming up at like 15-20 bucks each. I mean, I'm not that hardcore. Give me the whole first season and I'd likely fork over some cash, but not in that small of an amount.

gypsyjackson
September 17th, 2003, 10:46 AM
How Prince + Nicholson + Elfman + Burton + that rooftop battle can equal something subpar in anyone's eyes is beyond me. Batman is fucking great. And Keaton did better than anyone that's ever tried.

I'm also a pretty big fan of the animated series ... and, in the US at least, it is on DVD. I won't be buying it, though. Why? It is 4 episodes per DVD with them coming up at like 15-20 bucks each. I mean, I'm not that hardcore. Give me the whole first season and I'd likely fork over some cash, but not in that small of an amount.

I'm replying to this and Locdog07's last post, can't be arsed to cut and paste.

I've heard that they are bringing out the first season on DVD in UK for Christmas, but I can't find confirmation. In the US, according to epinions.com, they are bringing out 4 or 5 episodes, apparently chosen at random, each year. Now that's stupid marketing.

Guy
September 17th, 2003, 1:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love how he draws Superman. It just doesn't quite seem right for some reason.

:\

Fair Enough :cool:

cactusmaac
September 17th, 2003, 5:42 PM

I've got the complete Superman (52 episodes) and Batman TAS (112 episodes) on VCD. :)

TripleECKS
September 19th, 2003, 3:19 PM
HOLY CHANGING BATMEN, BATMAN
I'm supprised they haven't changed the batman/bruce wayne roll in the middle of a movie !
:lol: :nono:

Locdog07
September 19th, 2003, 3:34 PM
You mean, like the countless times they put a stunt double in the main actor's place?

SideburnZ
September 19th, 2003, 3:38 PM
No, I think he meant in a way of which you can actually see a different actor play Batman after a certain point in a movie.

Locdog07
September 19th, 2003, 4:01 PM
So in other words, Batman meets Plan 9 From Outer Space...

I can dig it.

Guy
September 20th, 2003, 9:23 AM
So Who's The Bad Guy In This Film? Character-wise

Locdog07
September 20th, 2003, 9:24 AM
I've heard it's probably going to be either The Scarecrow or Ra's Al-Ghul.

Guy
September 20th, 2003, 9:42 AM
After Google Searching...

** MOVIE NEWS **

"BATMAN: YEAR ONE" - Scarecrow Manson!

'Variety' magazine has reported that shock rocker Marilyn Manson is in line to play The Scarecrow in Darren Aronofsky's "Batman: Year One". So many Batman and Superman franchises in development hell right now, it's difficult to keep up!

Locdog07
September 20th, 2003, 9:47 AM
Different movie, dude.

This one's Batman: Intimidation Game.

Guy
September 20th, 2003, 9:52 AM
Wow, That Title Sucks

Guy
September 20th, 2003, 9:54 AM
Ok, 2cnd Time Lucky......

Meanwhile, Ain't-It-Cool-News is reporting that Ra's Al Ghul will definitely be the villain in the film, though there may be a small part to be be played by the Scarecrow. Also the film will have a good deal to do with London this time out, says the site.

Locdog07
September 20th, 2003, 10:00 AM
I wonder who they'll get to play Ra's Al Ghul's daughter.

Guy
September 20th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Talia Is It?

So Where Abouts In The Batman Movie Timeline Does This One Fit In? And I Still Don't Like The Title, Makes The Film Less Serious Having The Extra Bit At The End

Nemesis
September 20th, 2003, 4:11 PM
I'm pretty glad Rha's Al Ghul is the main villain in this one. It seems weird that the Scarecrow would play second fiddle, but at least people will know who Rha's is now. I always thought he was a badass.

They need to make a movie with Zsasz, even if they just make him a minor villain. I've always liked his "serial killer" persona.

SerialHunter
September 21st, 2003, 4:54 PM
Yeah Zsasz rule!

SideburnZ
September 21st, 2003, 5:18 PM
The Rha dude looked super homosexual in the cartoon.

Locdog07
September 21st, 2003, 8:29 PM
But he was voiced by David f'in Warner. :yes:

cactusmaac
September 22nd, 2003, 2:47 AM
They need to make a movie with Zsasz, even if they just make him a minor villain. I've always liked his "serial killer" persona.

He's just a Hannibal Lecter knock-off.

cactusmaac
September 22nd, 2003, 2:47 AM
Wow, That Title Sucks

Provisional title. It'll change.

Nemesis
September 22nd, 2003, 3:28 PM
He's just a Hannibal Lecter knock-off.

:wtf: I've never seen him eat people.

Guy
September 22nd, 2003, 3:50 PM
Provisional title. It'll change.

*Fingers Crossed*

"Here's Hoping"

Locdog07
September 29th, 2003, 6:48 PM
Since it's technically Batman related...

Halle Berry as Catwoman:

http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/hallecat.jpg

:barf:

Bah, looks like the image is having trouble showing up. But trust me, it's hideous.

cactusmaac
September 29th, 2003, 7:55 PM
If that ain't enough to make you puke, here's the plot synopsis:

"Catwoman" is a feature film based on characters created by DC Comics. In this new adventure Patience Price, a mild mannered graphic artist, is murdered in order to keep her silent about an accidental discovery she made. An ancient myth is played out when an Egyptian Mao cat, indebted to Patience for her saving its own life, breathes life back into the young woman. Patience is reborn with an independent attitude, carefree behavior and the heightened senses of a cat. Now she must investigate the circumstances behind her murder and learn to accept both parts of herself.

cactusmaac
September 30th, 2003, 4:09 AM
Various additional crew members have been confirmed to be on board in the last couple of days: First of all Nolan-regular Director of Photography Wally Pfister and Lindy Hemming as costume designer. According to BoF "one of Nolan's mandates was the end of the "rubber-armour" Bat-suit". As further casting might be right ahead (or is even done right now) Kurt Russels name has been rumored quite a lot as a potential canidate for the role of Gordon

Guy
September 30th, 2003, 1:15 PM

I read that before seeing the film, it is only after seeing it that I no longer think you are that perverted (maybe slightly). But trust me before I saw AP I thought that post to be a bit odd. :scared:

"I couldn't belive that Batgirl prefered Robin's leather suit to mine"

d_fly_jr
September 30th, 2003, 1:40 PM
SideburnZ, that has got to be the weirdest post I have EVER seen. Congratulations.

d_fly_jr
September 30th, 2003, 1:40 PM
SideburnZ, that has got to be the weirdest post I have EVER seen. Congratulations.

On a related note, the fact that the "rubber suit" will go is about the best news I've heard all day. What the hell was up with the rubber nipples??

Guy
September 30th, 2003, 1:48 PM
The post will make sense if you've seen American Psycho.

And I liked the rubber suits (in a none kinky/gay or sexual way). They looked cool even though they strayed from the original as the film's progressed. Less black, more blue

RabidWookie
October 8th, 2003, 5:05 AM
There are som emore casting rumours floating around at the moment. John Malkovich as Ra's Al Ghul and Dennis Quaid As Comm. Gordon.

Malkovich as Ghul would be pretty damn cool:yes:

cactusmaac
October 8th, 2003, 5:47 AM
Malkovich wouldn't do a comic book movie. He turned down Spider-Man.

And Dennis Quaid is a pretty big star now so I don't think he'd want the Gordon role which will probably go to Kurt Russell.

SerialHunter
October 8th, 2003, 11:14 PM
There are som emore casting rumours floating around at the moment. John Malkovich as Ra's Al Ghul and Dennis Quaid As Comm. Gordon.

Malkovich as Ghul would be pretty damn cool:yes:
Malkovich is physically very similar to Ra's Al Ghul, but (in my view) he won't fit with the Character. Ras is a very serious character with a cold attitude, and since Malkovich only does well soft comedy or very narcisistic characters i woldn't put my money on him. Of course i could be wrong so let's not rush...

Nemesis
October 9th, 2003, 3:18 PM
I think Sam Elliott would make a good Gordon, at least in appearance. I don't know what I think of John Malkovich playing Rha's, but I can't think of anyone else that would be good for the part right now.

Locdog07
November 25th, 2003, 10:14 AM
And the new Alfred is...

Michael Caine.

http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=490

You were only supposed to blow the bloody Joker up!

Guy
November 25th, 2003, 2:52 PM
:eyebrow:

Bit of an odd choice, but not a bad one

Hack
November 25th, 2003, 2:59 PM
An odd choice how? And old guy with glasses. That's about what should be expected.

Guy
November 25th, 2003, 3:05 PM
I was thinking more of an older looking stiff upper lip type of guy

Hack
November 25th, 2003, 3:06 PM
Well I guess that's why you aren't making the movie

Guy
November 25th, 2003, 3:16 PM
But I am

:shifty:

Double Di
November 25th, 2003, 3:54 PM
Is the original guy who did Alfred still alive ?

Nemesis
November 25th, 2003, 4:11 PM
I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Roman Bridger
November 25th, 2003, 4:29 PM
Yeah, Michael Gough is still alive. He was born in 1917 though, so he's getting on a bit!

Zeeboe
November 25th, 2003, 5:01 PM
They should have gotten Michael Keaton to reprise his role as Batman. He was the best Batman IMHO.

I hope the new Superman is going to be Christopher Reeves too.

To me, there are only two people who can play these roles. Reeves as Superman, Keaton as Batman. Reeves is Superman and Keaton is Batman.

But instead they are just going to get pretty boys to play the roles and that sucks in my view.

Gyoza
November 25th, 2003, 5:08 PM
Christopher Reeve? Um, I don't know how to break this to you but, uh, there's the small matter of him being paralysed from the neck down and, uh, I doubt he'll be able to take down General Zod or Lex Luthor, let alone a 5 year-old girl.

jza1218
November 25th, 2003, 5:37 PM
Whats the opposite of Christopher Reeves?

Christopher Walken. :hahano: :shocked: :nono: :slap: :cry: :beer: :yum:

gypsyjackson
November 25th, 2003, 5:57 PM
Whats the opposite of Christopher Reeves?

Christopher Walken. :hahano: :shocked: :nono: :slap: :cry: :beer: :yum:
Reeve. But it was funny anyway.

gypsyjackson
February 20th, 2004, 9:37 AM
Resurrected.

http://www.skymovies.com/skymovies/article/0,,80004-1124132,00.html

Some 'news' on this. Neeson could work.

Locdog07
February 24th, 2004, 7:08 PM
That article is incorrect. Neeson ain't Ra's Al-Ghul.

From an official press release:

Oscar-nominated actor Ken Watanabe has joined the cast of director Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated film about the origins of the Batman legend. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Watanabe, who is nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in "The Last Samurai," will play the villainous Ra's Al Ghul, alongside stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as his trusted butler Alfred; Katie Holmes as a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises.

Directed by Christopher Nolan from a screenplay by David Goyer, the film is produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Larry Franco. The executive producers are Ben Melniker and Michael Uslan.

The project is scheduled to start production in London in March.

The film, which explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham, will be released worldwide in 2005 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Gyoza
February 24th, 2004, 9:47 PM
Ah, so Ken Watanabe is going to play the villain. I've gotta say I'm really happy for him right now, with his Oscar nomination and the major film roles heading his way. The guy deserves some good luck, especially after fighting leukemia and having his wife walk out of him while he was in the hospital.

spanish announce table
February 24th, 2004, 11:12 PM
The first Batman movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson is one of my favorites. The last 2 movies were pretty bad, so I'm somewhat skeptical right now.

jza1218
February 25th, 2004, 1:45 AM
I wonder whom will play Al Ghul's hot daughter. Ugh...it better not be Kelly Hu, Lucy Lui or Shu Qi. Out of the lot, i think Hu's the only looker, but I don't think that she should do another of these eye-candy/action films after Scorpion King and X2.

My pick: Kristin Kreuk :drool:

http://www.allstarz.org/~kristinkreuk/019.jpg

Nemesis
February 25th, 2004, 6:49 AM
Whoa. She'd make a decent Talia.

Like I said before, I'm really surprised that they're going with Rha's Al Ghul on this one, but I'm pretty happy, too. Rha's is awesome.

cactusmaac
February 25th, 2004, 7:53 AM
Whoa. She'd make a decent Talia.

Like I said before, I'm really surprised that they're going with Rha's Al Ghul on this one, but I'm pretty happy, too. Rha's is awesome.

Talia isn't in the movie.

Katie Holmes is the love interest.

Brock Landers
February 25th, 2004, 8:59 AM
From Dark Horizons.com

The Bat news just keeps on coming it seems from avenues all over with several new revelations over the weekend.

The most notables came from Batman on Film who indicate that Oscar nominee and "Last Samurai" actor Ken Watanabe has won the role of lead villain Ra's Al-Ghul in the Chris Nolan film. An announcement about his casting is expected to hit the trades shortly. The site also indicates that the role of Harvey Dent does appear in the script and will be played by an actor whose previously worked with Nolan before - both Guy Pearce and Al Pacino have previously been rumoured for the part.

There's also a pretty cool description of the Batsuit: "It is made of silicone and a material similar to the "Spider-Man" costume. It has a armored look to it around the chest area. There is no yellow oval--the Bat symbol is like it is in the current comics. It may be part of the chest armor. The suit is dark, but not totally black. From the description that I got, it's dark gray. The cape, cowl, boots, and gloves are black. I've heard two descriptions for the ears. One report said that they are shorter than they were in the previous films. Someone else told me that they are "Kane-style;" based on the orginal look of Batman back from 1939. I've also heard two reports on the eyes. I've heard it had lenses, and I've heard it didn't. I'm sure that costuming experienced with both. The utility belt will have pockets, but with a sleek look to it (nothing like what Adam West wore)".

The title is also tipped to be announced this week with "Batman Begins" looking certain to be the new title.

Finally its been confirmed that whilst shooting will take place at Shepparton Studios, the nearby giant Cardington Hangar facility once used for the construction of airships, is also being used. They're currently building set(s) in it with shooting inside of it aiming to begin in April.

Guy Pearce as Harvey Dent sounds brilliant, seeing as this is an origins film I think its good to have a lot of characters appear, though not yet in their future incarnations. I think Cillian Murphy from "28 Days Later" has been cast as Jonathan Crane too.

jza1218
February 25th, 2004, 9:47 AM

Nobody mentioned Talia to be the love interest. If Al Ghul is going to be a focal point of this film, they should no doubt cast someone to play his daughter, if not for any significant role in this film than to help set up for future plot points in subsequent sequels.

cactusmaac
February 25th, 2004, 10:59 AM
From Dark Horizons.com

[ Guy Pearce as Harvey Dent sounds brilliant, seeing as this is an origins film I think its good to have a lot of characters appear, though not yet in their future incarnations. I think Cillian Murphy from "28 Days Later" has been cast as Jonathan Crane too.

It'll probably be Larry Holden who was Jimmy Grantz in Memento and Farrell in Insomnia.

Crabby
February 25th, 2004, 11:03 AM
The first Batman film was the only good effort out of the four of em'-but I like Bale and I think his approach will work well anyway.

Ryan
February 25th, 2004, 7:37 PM
More info on the next Batflick.

Hollywood seems to think a hero (especially a costumed one) is only as good as his villain. Given that, director Christopher Nolan has to be at least a little psyched about his upcoming Batman project.

Nolan ("Memento," "Insomnia") has landed Academy Award nominee Ken Watanabe to play longtime Batman nemesis Ra's Al Ghul when production gets under way in London next month. Watanabe — up for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his work in "The Last Samurai" opposite Tom Cruise — joins a cast that also boasts Christian Bale as Batman (and his alter ego, Bruce Wayne), Michael Caine as Alfred the butler, Liam Neeson as Henri Ducard (Wayne's mentor), Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox and Katie Holmes as a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne.

Little is known about the film's plot, save for the fact that it looks at the caped crusader's origin and his first forays into vigilantism. In Bat lore, Ra's Al Ghul is a mysterious figure of undetermined origin (claiming to be 700 years old will tend to give you a certain air of mystery) hellbent on using genocide to re-create Eden on earth.

The film should surface in 2005.

Nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 1:51 AM

I was speaking hypothetically.

Jimini
February 26th, 2004, 8:23 AM
Who is Lucius Fox?
Is he a villain?

Locdog07
February 26th, 2004, 8:37 AM
Hardly.

He's CEO of Wayne Enterprises.

Jimini
February 26th, 2004, 8:50 AM
Right-o.

Never recongnised the name.

So I guess it's back to 1 main villain then?

Brock Landers
February 26th, 2004, 3:52 PM
So I guess it's back to 1 main villain then?

I think that can only be a good thing :cool:

Locdog07
February 26th, 2004, 8:40 PM
The title of this movie is now officially "Batman Begins".

Rumours say that the sequel will be called "Batman Continues". :p

cactusmaac
February 27th, 2004, 6:39 AM
The Jewish sequel: Again With The Batman! :)

Brock Landers
February 27th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Lol!, maybe the main villian will be called "The Shmuck".

Gyoza
February 27th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Played by Woody Allen?

Locdog07
February 28th, 2004, 7:59 AM
"Honey, there's a bat in your bathroom the size of a Buick!"

Gyoza
February 29th, 2004, 4:07 AM
"Oy vey! Again with the criminals!"

Locdog07
March 4th, 2004, 4:19 AM
And the new Jim Gordon is...

Gary Oldman.

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Batman Begins, director Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated film, has commenced production in Iceland, with Gary Oldman joining the all-star cast. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

In Batman Begins, Oldman will play Lieutenant James Gordon, a detective on the Gotham police force. The film stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Michael Caine as his trusted butler Alfred; Katie Holmes as Rachel, a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises; and Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul.

Directed by Christopher Nolan from a screenplay by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan, Batman Begins is produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Larry Franco. The executive producers are Ben Melniker and Michael Uslan. The film is based on characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.

Batman Begins is scheduled to film in Iceland, London and Chicago.

The film, which explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham, will be released worldwide in Summer 2005 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

cactusmaac
March 4th, 2004, 8:35 AM

Gary Oldman.

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

The only way they could get me more interested in this movie if Batman uses Optimus Prime as his new Batmobile. Or if he chases Katie Holmes around Wayne Manor with a chainsaw.

Locdog07
March 4th, 2004, 9:09 AM
Or maybe if Liam Neeson's character told a young Bruce Wayne that he would "bring balance to the police Force"...

jza1218
March 6th, 2004, 2:00 AM
http://www.hostedimage.com/usr/522/batmanbegins.jpg

Locdog07
March 6th, 2004, 7:16 AM
That's fake. The studio already confirmed it as such.

If it were real, I'd hate it. What's with the colon between 'Batman' and 'Begins'? Lousy.

Locdog07
March 31st, 2004, 4:41 AM
And the new Batmobile is...

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0030.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0004.jpg

... weird lookin'.

Gyoza
March 31st, 2004, 5:34 AM
Well, the weirdest looking Batmobile I've ever seen is from Frank Miller's excellent The Dark Knight Returns, where it was a freaking tank, but yeah. This looks... odd.

Nemesis
March 31st, 2004, 6:07 AM
Well, the weirdest looking Batmobile I've ever seen is from Frank Miller's excellent The Dark Knight Returns, where it was a freaking tank, but yeah. This looks... odd.

I think the Batmobile from Jim Starlin's The Cult has the DKR one beat in terms of weirdness. Why would Batman want a monster truck?? But then again, I've never fought an army of starved, drugged, homicidal homeless people. :\

But this new movie one looks a lot like the one in TDKR. I'm a little suprised they used the one from that book, instead of the conventional Batmoblie. :dunno:

Locdog07
April 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/images3/batman12.jpg

Look out, Nolan! It's Patrick Bateman! Right next to y-

... Oh, no, that's Bruce Wayne.

Whew. Close call.

Guy
April 4th, 2004, 1:30 PM
Ever since I heard that they were starting again with the franchise and that Bale is Bruce Wayne I got very excited. But that Batmobile has made me very sad :nono:

Darkoke
April 4th, 2004, 1:52 PM
The Batmobile hasn't been confirmed as legit though has it?

Guy
April 4th, 2004, 1:56 PM
Well I did see those pics in a magazine somewhere also, but *shrug*

Darkoke
April 4th, 2004, 2:05 PM
It's a pity that some people, myself included, are going to be put off the movie by the look of the Batmobile. The film has a great cast, better than any previous Batman flick (maybe not Returns) but the fact the car looks so ... odd could overshadow the film.

Guy
April 4th, 2004, 2:07 PM
There are some things you just don't change. The Batmobile's one of them, it's like getting rid of the cape and changing the mask on the costume

Kane95
April 4th, 2004, 4:27 PM
There are some things you just don't change. The Batmobile's one of them, it's like getting rid of the cape and changing the mask on the costume

But the Batmobile has been constantly changing since Batman was created, and it's pretty much the only thing that has.

I personally think it looks great, but wether or not it's the car before Batman modifies it is yet to be said.

Guy
April 4th, 2004, 6:47 PM
But the Batmobile has been constantly changing since Batman was created, and it's pretty much the only thing that has.

I personally think it looks great, but wether or not it's the car before Batman modifies it is yet to be said.

Yea but the basic look of it was the same. Like I said it's like changing the costume, that also constently changes but it is the same basic look. This new one is a monster truck

Moz
April 4th, 2004, 6:53 PM
Wasn't there a rumour on how the batmobile would be a cross between a lamborghini and a hummer?

I'd like a sexy, sleek car but this is Batman, not James Bond.

Guy
April 4th, 2004, 7:02 PM
Or a Monster Truck rally. You know what it looks like, it looks like that mole-drilling machine thing the bad guys had in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon

Zarius
April 4th, 2004, 7:31 PM
Or a Monster Truck rally. You know what it looks like, it looks like that mole-drilling machine thing the bad guys had in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon

Transport Module :D

The Batmobile looks more like what K.I.T.T looks like in SPM mode in Knight Riders' fourth season

Gyoza
April 5th, 2004, 5:52 AM
"You might want to activate the turbo boost, Batman."
"The what!?"
"The turbo boost."

Moz
April 5th, 2004, 1:26 PM
I'm still fucking excited for this movie nonetheless.

Guy
April 8th, 2004, 8:34 AM
http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?p=2338950#post2338950

:D

Guy
April 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/images/image_index/1811.jpg

We have an official logo, dunno if you already know this though :dunno:

Ryan
April 13th, 2004, 11:30 AM
[color=tomato]

So... Nolan made:

Memento backwards
Following out of order

Does he have a choice but to make Batman... *gasp* Linear?

Guy
April 13th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Well he is making a prequel, so he's got the "before the other films" thing going for him

Locdog07
May 1st, 2004, 7:20 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/image/new_batman.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage2.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage3.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage1.jpg

SideburnZ
May 1st, 2004, 12:52 PM
It's hard to see well, but he looks alright. Maybe a little too bulky, but that might be the cape and shadowing.

Haha I love the article. "(Shudder) Joel Schumacher"

Guy
May 1st, 2004, 2:37 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/image/new_batman.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage2.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage3.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage1.jpg

:hyper:

lies about
May 1st, 2004, 2:43 PM
Nothing special...

The batmobile looks too wierd. Its supposed to be sleek and sexy, not a fucking hummer

However, given the cast and director, I've got high expectations

SerialHunter
May 2nd, 2004, 1:47 PM
The costume looks fucking cool, i can't wait for the movie!

GameOver!
May 2nd, 2004, 5:44 PM
He's no Keaton. But I already like him better than the rest. No offence to Val, he can rule ass a lot of times, but he fucking sucked as ol' batty. Anyways, this will probably be a good fourth Batman film.

:beer:

Guy
May 3rd, 2004, 6:04 AM
I hope they keep the Batman orchestra theme though

bionic_redneck
May 3rd, 2004, 6:14 AM
I think the Batmobile is bad ass.

It's about time they flaunted convention and did something different.

Millers influence is obvious :yes:

Curly Toe
May 5th, 2004, 4:03 PM
Well that looks like a very weird Batmobile, but I'll give it a chance before I mock it too much.

Anyway, I can't wait for this film to come out and hopefully it doesn't dissappoint.

Locdog07
June 9th, 2004, 7:09 PM
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0406/09/bat2.jpg

* 2.5 tons, 15 feet long.
* 350-cubic-inch Chevy engine capable of 500 horsepower.
* Jet engine and vector controls to jump up to 6 feet vertically and 40 feet horizontally.
* Front-firing machine guns.
* Landing hook.
* Four rear "super swamper" tires standing

Holy headlights! Batman has a new ride, and it's all bat-pimped out.

The new 2005 Batmobile, unveiled at the Javits Center yesterday, looks something like a cross between a Lamborghini and an armadillo with a jet-pack.

It cost millions to design and produce, and it actually works, its creators at Warner Bros. said.

"It has to get up to 220 mph to get airborne, but then it can jump 20, 30, maybe 40 feet," said Charles Roven, producer of the upcoming Batman movie.

Forty feet?

"We haven't filmed it jumping yet. That scene will be coming up in the next few weeks," Roven said.

Warner Bros. hired a 24-hour security detail to ensure the new Batmobile doesn't fall into the wrong hands, say those of the Penguin, Riddler or any of Gotham's real-life criminal masterminds.

Guard Frank Carbone wore a pinky ring and a scowl as he protected the Batmobile's powerful jet engine, radar-evading electric controls and oversized "super swamper" tires.

"It's much cooler than I expected," said Robert Emmer, 19, a student at the School of Visual Arts.

"It looks like a black toad," said Chris Tegeler, 38. "I'd like to see it jump something, maybe the Intrepid."

The upcoming Batman movie, called "Batman Begins," stars Christian Bale of "American Psycho" and will hit theaters next summer. The big-budget Warner Bros. flick examines Bruce Wayne's transformation into Batman after his parents are slain.

Studio execs said they weren't able to run live demonstrations yesterday because they had to drain the Batmobile's jet fuel for shipment.

Plus, said Warner Bros. President Dan Romanelli, "We might get a ticket. And I don't think it has air conditioning."

Holy cow. 40 feet? Without a ramp?

Locdog07
June 13th, 2004, 7:16 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/Newsweek/Components/Photos/mag/060621_Issue/040612_batman_wide.hmedium.jpg

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255032/4422538/56462781.jpg

:headbang:

YEAH!

Curly Toe
June 13th, 2004, 5:57 PM
Those look good, but does the cape need to be that long?

Locdog07
June 13th, 2004, 6:42 PM
Does if he wants to glide on it.

SerialHunter
June 14th, 2004, 1:01 AM
Those look good, but does the cape need to be that long?
Yes it does!!!! the cape from Batman has to be longer than all seasons of "Friends"

DuskHorizon
June 14th, 2004, 1:11 AM
OWNAGE OMG THIS LOOKS GOOD *marks out*

Locdog07
June 15th, 2004, 10:15 AM
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6272/Bats-07.jpg

Neeson as Ducard.

Bale looks like he has a sword, there.

Nemesis
June 15th, 2004, 5:48 PM
Hmm. I still don't know about the new Batmobile, but so far, the movie doesn't sound bad.

Locdog07
July 1st, 2004, 8:17 PM
And the new Lucius Fox is...

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/01.jpg

And the new Henri Ducard is...

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/04.jpg

And the new Alfred is...

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/03.jpg

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/02.jpg

Locdog07
July 5th, 2004, 7:49 PM
Word up, y'all.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&obj_id=41986&type_id=270285&cat_id=270338&sub_id=0

The original source that told us the first teaser trailer for BATMAN BEGINS would possibly play with prints of I, ROBOT has returned and provided us hard proof of their claims. We have seen the evidence ourselves that Warner Bros. has struck a deal with 20th Century Fox to ship the trailer for BATMAN BEGINS with prints of Fox's I, ROBOT to theaters across the continent. I, ROBOT will begin its theatrical run on July 16, and that will also be the same day that the trailer for BATMAN BEGINS will be seen.

We have also been able to confirm the running time of the BATMAN trailer: it's one minute, five second in length. There is still no news on what imagery is contained in the BATMAN BEGINS trailer, but this should be remedied shortly when theater owners begin receiving the movie reels of I, ROBOT and view it for themselves. We are interested in reading your descriptions of the BATMAN trailer when you see it, and as always, our email form is available for you to send in your scoop.

Trailers for two other Warner Bros. films will also be spotted on movie screens, but this time they'll be running before the end of the week. Look for trailers for Oliver Stone's ALEXANDER and EXORCIST: THE BEGINNING running in front of movies playing this coming Friday. We expect all three new trailers to be made available online shortly before or after their release to theaters.

Shouldn't be long before it's online, then.

SideburnZ
July 5th, 2004, 7:51 PM
Michael Caine and Morgan Freedman rule.

Darkoke
July 5th, 2004, 7:54 PM
Gary Oldman too

Guy
July 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM

He looks like an aged Robert Patrick

http://www.robert-patrick.net/galerie/dusk/033.JPG

Locdog07
July 7th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I guess Aged Robert Patrick got acting lessons at some point.

Guy
July 7th, 2004, 12:09 PM
:eek:
Robert Patrick is the man :headbang:

And the new Henri Ducard is...

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/04.jpg

Was there an old Henri Ducard?

Locdog07
July 7th, 2004, 12:14 PM
:eek:
Robert Patrick is the man :headbang:
But he's hardly the best actor in the world.

Still, he was the villain in Double Dragon... :chin:

Guy
July 7th, 2004, 12:18 PM
But he's hardly the best actor in the world.

Still, he was the villain in Double Dragon... :chin:

:cool:

I'm a Robert Patrick fan, not really because of his acting abilities, he just seems like a dude.

my favourite actor acting-wise (which i suppose is most important :D) is coincedantally enough Christian Bale

Locdog07
July 7th, 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm a Robert Patrick fan, not really because of his acting abilities, he just seems like a dude.
Well, I was only suggesting that Oldman surpassed Patrick in acting talent by a wide margin, nothin' else. :D

Guy
July 7th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I was only suggesting that Oldman surpassed Patrick in acting talent by a wide margin, nothin' else. :D

It's a shame really, because as good as Gary Oldman or Mogan Freeman are, I don't find them to exactly grab my attention as much as a Tommy Lee Jones. Although this movie is set to surpass and Joel-ified attempts, I'm also not a big Cillian Murphy fan :\.

This one's riding on Bale, Caine and the Batman character for me.

Darkoke
July 7th, 2004, 2:37 PM
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman > Tommy Lee Jones

CowboyRed
July 8th, 2004, 1:58 AM

SID VICIOUS IS COMISSIONER GORDON! :headbang:

And the Batmobile looks somewhat like the one in "Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller.

I fucking hate the idea of the batsuit being some jet-black super-suit. It should be black and grey and made of cloth. Bats' suits get ripped all the time.

The Rogerer
July 8th, 2004, 8:35 AM
Not fond of how the costume looks front-on, but I think it has a great profile.

Locdog07
July 24th, 2004, 8:04 AM
http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v195/LanternLight/Crane.jpg

Alf
July 24th, 2004, 8:59 AM
Do we know what character Cillian Murphy is playing?

Locdog07
July 24th, 2004, 9:06 AM
Do we know what character Cillian Murphy is playing?

Scarecrow.

Darkoke
July 24th, 2004, 9:56 AM
I've never heard of Cillian Murphy, should I be excited he's in this film?

Locdog07
July 24th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Depends who you ask (Don't ask Blood).

He was the star of 28 Days Later.

Locdog07
July 27th, 2004, 6:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/spider-hunter91/bale.jpg

Locdog07
July 28th, 2004, 4:55 PM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

Go watch the teaser trailer.

Inspector Callahan
July 28th, 2004, 5:49 PM
I like it. Seems like theyre getting the tone just right.

Alf
July 29th, 2004, 4:27 PM
Waiting for the trailer to download. Looked at the cast list...

Rutger Hauer. I didn't know he was in it!?!? What part does he play?

EDIT: Just finished watching the teaser. Looks good. I particularly like that Aragorn stylee walk through the door. A nod to TTT? Although that shot was probably a nod to another film anyway... meh.

I can't wait for this film. I would have liked to have seen a bit of action though. Just a flavour. Is this trailer going to be relesased at cinemas? Cos that would be ace. I wish I knew nothing about this film and watched the trailer int he cinema...

'...me'

Then you would see the flash ins of Batman. I would wet myself. In fact, I just did.

Locdog07
July 29th, 2004, 5:52 PM
The teaser is indeed getting shown in cinemas.

Alf
July 30th, 2004, 2:01 PM
Anyone know who Rutguer Hauer is playing?

Locdog07
July 30th, 2004, 2:11 PM
http://www.batman-on-film.com/castandcrew.html

Cast and crew info for the movie, Alf.

Alf
July 30th, 2004, 6:58 PM
Cheers.

Couldn't resist and had a look at the script review links. No surprises there. Nothing much given away that we didn't already know. I hear that there are a lot of similarities to Batman: Year One.

Anyway, I'm even more excited about it now.

GameOver!
July 30th, 2004, 7:35 PM
This sheit better be dark. Make up for half of part 2 that Burton let slip and in turn fall into the hands of talentless dipshits.

:beer:

Locdog07
July 30th, 2004, 7:50 PM
Entertainment Weekly said it would be the darkest Batman flick since the first two.

But then it's not hard to be darker than the third and fourth movies...

GameOver!
July 30th, 2004, 7:56 PM
Lol!!

Locdog07
July 30th, 2004, 8:04 PM
:blah:

So anyway, the teaser's playing with The Village, in case you people are planning on seeing that.

GameOver!
July 30th, 2004, 8:14 PM
Sheit foo, that probably the only damn reazon to be goin' to see "the village".

:beer: :nono:

Ace Rockola
July 30th, 2004, 8:45 PM
That's pretty cool, get the teaser trailer online less than a week after telling the fans at Comic Con it wasn't ready yet. Good job. :yes:

Locdog07
July 31st, 2004, 7:18 AM
I know. That whole panel was just ridiculous. Basically have the guys working on the movie come out and tell everybody they can't talk about the movie...

PGH Man O Steel
August 1st, 2004, 5:43 PM
You guys should visit the boards at SuperHeroHype.com. There's tons of pages and stuff about this movie.

azrael_disorder
August 1st, 2004, 11:17 PM
man, i thought the teaser sucked ass..wht kind of a superhero movie teaser is tht? jeez.. nolan's gonna screw up...i just know it

Nemesis
August 2nd, 2004, 4:03 AM
So they're gonna have Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, and Carmine Falcone in this one?!? I hope they're not overdoing it with the villains here.

But it wouldn't be too bad if they introduced Falcone in this one and kept his involvement to a minimum...just basically explaining who he is and not much else, and setting him up for the Long Halloween storyline for another Batman movie down the road. Because Batman going after three villains in one movie seems like it would be overkill.

Locdog07
August 2nd, 2004, 7:36 AM
man, i thought the teaser sucked ass..wht kind of a superhero movie teaser is tht? jeez.. nolan's gonna screw up...i just know it

You know nothing. What was wrong with the teaser?

Are you complaining that there wasn't enough Batman? Because if so, you should know that this is a story about Bruce Wayne, much like Spider-Man is more a story about Peter Parker. Also, this is going to be a very dark, dramatic movie. I thought the teaser conveyed that very well.

Not to mention the fact that if they'd shown Batman right off the bat (no pun intended), the audience would've groaned and said "Not another one" to themselves... especially considering the last live action Batman movie.

Personally, I loved the teaser. The locations look beautiful (no more tacky indoor sets with neon lights), the voice-over was great, and Bale looked perfect for the role.

What kind of superhero teaser is it? An all new kind.

Darkoke
August 2nd, 2004, 7:46 AM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

Go watch the teaser trailer.

:eek: Probably would have been better if I saw it in the cinema, but that's my fault not their's.

Locdog07
August 2nd, 2004, 10:09 AM
http://www.rutgerhauer.org/filmography/images/batman01.jpg

Just for you, Alf. A pic of Rutger Hauer (and Linus Roache) on the Batman Begins set.

Locdog07
August 2nd, 2004, 6:56 PM
http://www.visital.com/random/batman.mov

Footage of the new Batmobile in motion. Obviously it can, and will, go much faster than this. But here's a first look at the thing cruising the streets.

Dunno how long it'll be online, so hurry.

Nemesis
August 2nd, 2004, 9:39 PM
Personally, I loved the teaser. The locations look beautiful (no more tacky indoor sets with neon lights), the voice-over was great, and Bale looked perfect for the role.

What kind of superhero teaser is it? An all new kind.

I liked it, too. How it hinted to what Bruce Wayne would use what once terrified him to terrify criminals, and his years of training to fight crime.

I'll probably be seeing the movie. Awesome teaser.

BabyBooboo
August 4th, 2004, 2:35 AM
Ra's Ah Ghul
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt200408/image/04080303kenMT203802.jpg

Locdog07
August 23rd, 2004, 10:00 AM
New BATMAN star CHRISTIAN BALE proved he's a real-life superhero by steering a runaway car from the crew of the Caped Crusader's new movie BATMAN BEGINS.

The British hunk jumped to action when he saw a vintage Plymouth, parked on a hill, start to slide towards the set.

The actor raced after the car, jumped through the open window and steered it to safety before it could do any damage.

:yes:

aahhsin
August 23rd, 2004, 1:47 PM
I wonder if al ghul is going to keep refering Batman as "Detective"? He's the one that figured out who bruce wayne was right?

Guy
August 23rd, 2004, 2:02 PM
:yes:

:lol:

Bale rules

Alf
August 23rd, 2004, 2:19 PM
http://www.rutgerhauer.org/filmography/images/batman01.jpg

Just for you, Alf. A pic of Rutger Hauer (and Linus Roache) on the Batman Begins set.

You tease! There is no pic... you're just like allt he other girls!

Locdog07
August 24th, 2004, 10:55 AM
You tease! There is no pic... you're just like allt he other girls!

It was there weeks ago when I first posted it for you. You're just slow. :p

I wonder if al ghul is going to keep refering Batman as "Detective"? He's the one that figured out who bruce wayne was right?

Actually, Ra's Al-Ghul will NOT be calling him detective in this film since it's Batman's first year and he's not earned any reputation as a crime solver yet.

It makes sense, I guess.

Guy
September 17th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Christian Bale speaks out about his upcoming role in Batman Begins and he talks alot. This is finally one Batman movie I am looking forward to. Thank goodness George Clooney isn't in this one.

Sci-Fi Wire reports,

Christian Bale, who stars as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming Batman Begins movie, told SCI FI Wire that he's taking a fresh approach to the iconic character, playing him with a feral duality that adds reality to the comic-book mythology. Bale even uses one voice for Wayne and a different, coarser baritone for the caped crusader, who comes into being after Wayne vows to avenge the murders of his parents. Bale spoke in an interview Sept. 14 during a break in filming on the movie's massive Gotham City set outside London.

"I just saw it as a way of him being able to channel the clarity of mind that he must have had as a young boy when he first declared that he would get revenge," Bale said. "It's very difficult to maintain that throughout your life. It becomes a memory, and you know it takes a great deal of energy to maintain that sharpness of emotion. So I just felt that everything about him should become different [when he becomes Batman]. The look. The voice. And also see that he's able to have his own life, somewhat [when he's Wayne]. Because it seemed to me that if he was just going to be Bruce Wayne in a batsuit, first of all, that seemed a little bit ridiculous to me. It would have been as ridiculous as any of us getting into a batsuit and genuinely thinking we could go out on the town and intimidate people. I think most people would probably laugh, you know? So you have to kind of really go for it in every way. And for me that kind of, you know, involved taking on a slightly beastlike voice, as I hear it."

As for the newly designed suit, Bale said that it helped him get a feel for the caped crusader, whom he characterizes as "a creature" that is not quite human. "I felt like a panther the first day, you know?" Bale said, referring to the first shooting day he strode onstage in full Batman regalia. "I did feel like some kind of wild animal. I don't know if anybody else was looking at me like that way [laughs]. I don't know if I appeared quite as ferocious as I felt that I did. But I really felt like everybody was kind of looking at me [mimes backing away in fear], you know, jumpy. And ... it makes you feel, you know, like that, you want to kind of run and jump at people and beat the crap out of them. And ... you know, it just gives you this great neck and this physique that just looks intimidating. It's all kind of aggressive. It's all pointing forward. It's very much like a predator. And that was a thrill, doing that."

Bale demurred when asked about the suit's comfort. "No, I’m not going to bitch about the suit," he said. Last month Bale was quoted in the British Daily Telegraph saying that the suit was uncomfortable, prompting some of the U.K.-based wardrobe crew to create T-shirts with a joking reference to his quote. "There's a quote from me that some of the people have on the back of their T-shirts that says, 'It's hot, dark, ... sweaty, [claustrophobic,] and it gives me a headache.' Which is absolutely true, but there's nothing more annoying than hearing actors bitch about their work and stuff like that, you know? I'm playing Batman, for God's sake. That's pretty fantastic. I'm not going to complain about getting a little bit sweaty. And also, they've changed it so much, ... so I hear, from the first movie that they made. And so even though it may not feel like the most comfortable outfit to me, I know that others have had it worse." Batman Begins, which was on day 126 of a 128-day shoot, also stars Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon, Katie Holmes as Rachel, Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane and Ken Watanabe as Ra's Al Ghul. Batman Begins, from director Christopher Nolan, is slated to open next summer.

Should we change the name of this thread to "Batman Begins" ?

mth
September 17th, 2004, 2:09 PM
man, this sounds better and better the more i hear about it. :hyper:

Legend
September 18th, 2004, 1:05 PM
Yes, the thread title is annoying as hell. Change it to "Batman Begins" immediatly, or suffer thy wrath.

Christian Bale has never disapointed with any performance. This shall be no different.

Big
October 8th, 2004, 11:03 AM
http://ffmedia.ign.com/batman/image/batman_begins_scarecrow1_1097175512.jpg
Looks like Scarecrow is in it.
Just got this off IGN.com.

Locdog07
October 8th, 2004, 12:07 PM
http://ffmedia.ign.com/batman/image/batman_begins_scarecrow1_1097175512.jpg
Looks like Scarecrow is in it.
Just got this off IGN.com.

I kinda already mentioned Scarecrow's in the movie... and also, that's not been confirmed as official art for the movie.

Locdog07
December 9th, 2004, 5:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/morroch/Batmanposter.jpg

Super fly international poster.

SerialHunter
December 9th, 2004, 5:36 PM
:drool:

mth
December 9th, 2004, 6:01 PM
awesome poster. :yes:

Jimmy Zero
December 9th, 2004, 6:08 PM
This one's the teaser poster. I like this one a lot more than the international one.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/onesheet.jpg

mth
December 9th, 2004, 6:10 PM
whoa, that's equally as cool as the other one, if not moreso.

Jimmy Zero
December 11th, 2004, 1:06 AM
The teaser is now online. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/large.html)

Oh man. This movie will rule.

Locdog07
December 11th, 2004, 6:32 AM
That's been online for months.

The NEW trailer will be out on Monday.

Though some of us have already seen it.

SerialHunter
December 11th, 2004, 8:36 PM
The teaser looks cool but im still sceptic about it and the "quest for himself" part reminds me to "Exorcist: The Begining" (and thats not a good sign)

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 4:57 AM
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/0-9ABC/BatmanBegins/trailer.php

That's the trailer that's not supposed to be out til monday.

And like SerialHunter said, I hope it's not mostly Wayne training in the mountains through the film. But then again it IS Christian Bale, so I suppose anything can be decent

Locdog07
December 12th, 2004, 5:29 AM
The first half is Bruce Wayne trying to come to terms with his parents' death/training. Y'know, actual character development. Gasp.

The second half is 100% Batman in Gotham.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Hey now. I'm all for character development, but at the end of the day I'm going to see a Batman film

Locdog07
December 12th, 2004, 1:59 PM
And you can't make time at the beginning of the day for Bruce Wayne?

He is Batman too, y'know.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 2:02 PM
Nah that's different.

Peter Parker and Spider-man are the same guy.

Bruce Wayne and Batman are different

Locdog07
December 12th, 2004, 2:07 PM
Not true.

Maybe the facade he puts on for the newspapers, the fancy businessman, that ain't Batman.

But Batman only exists because Wayne created him - it came from within him. And since this is Batman Begins, that must be shown.

Like I said - at the end of the day, you have Batman. But at the beginning, there is only Bruce.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 2:16 PM
So you're saying we'll see Batman. Just outside the costume

Locdog07
December 12th, 2004, 2:21 PM
Right.

But you've got half the movie with Batman in costume too, so there you go.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 3:41 PM
I must admit, it looks like the oddest, un-superhero-est, Batman film of them all

Jimmy Zero
December 12th, 2004, 4:12 PM
I don't really think any of the Batman movies thus far have really captured the essence of the comic. The Tim Burton ones came closest, but those movies really highlighted the villains more than Batman. They might as well have called the first one The Joker. Based on the trailer, this one looks like it'll come closest to the comic yet, and that's a good thing.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 4:15 PM
I suppose they've had to highlight the villains. They had to show the villains motive and plans in order for Batman to fight them.

Plus they get the backstory, Batman never got that until now

Jimmy Zero
December 12th, 2004, 4:23 PM
I don't know. I mean, I agree with you that they have to show the villains motives and plans, but in the first Batman, the Joker gets way more screen time than Batman does, pretty much only because it was Nicholson. And it's not like Nicholson did a good job, either. He was typical Nicholson, it wasn't a good portrayal of the Joker by any means.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 4:39 PM
I thought (and I'm guessing this is the popular view), that Nicholson ruled as Joker. He just had fun doing what he was doing

Jimmy Zero
December 12th, 2004, 4:41 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely in the minority on that one. It just seemed like he phoned it in, since he really didn't want to do the part in the first place. They had to beg him and offer him some ridiculous amount of money. It seemed like the exact same performance he gave in Cuckoo's nest, The Shining, pretty much any movie he plays a psycho. And, really, that's my underlying problem with his performance. The Joker isn't just another psycho. He's got a psychosis unique to the character.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 4:48 PM
Please elaborate

Jimmy Zero
December 12th, 2004, 5:33 PM
Well, the big thing was the differences between his motives in the comic and his motives in the movie, for me at least. Everything he did in the movie was based on revenge. Killing Jack Palance was revenge. Messing up Jerry Hall's face was revenge. Going after Batman was revenge for dropping him into the vat of acid. Everything he did in the movie was based in revenge for how he was treated before he "died." He was a typical hollywood villain who differentiated himself by using joke shop toys. There was no "bigger picture" like there is for the Joker in the DC world.

In the comic, revenge is an underlying thing (because Batman was indirectly responsible for his falling into acid in the comic as well), but it's not what drives him. What drives him is his desire to show what a joke the world was. Everything Batman was fighting for was a joke, and everything Joker did showed that in some way. In a lot of ways, that's why he's Batman's most dangerous foes. The normal rules don't apply to him, because he doesn't care about the rules most people accept (even the criminals). Joker is completely unpredictable, yet all his actions go back to proving to Batman what a joke he, and everything he fights to maintain, is.

Anyways, that's my interpretation of the differences between the movie Joker and the comic Joker. For me, the motivation is what makes the Joker different from most other characters. He's really quite a philosphical character, as far as comic villains go. I mean, in my opinion he's right up there with Magneto. The movie just made him a typical Hollywood villain with Nicholson doing his usual mugging for the camera.

Guy
December 12th, 2004, 5:43 PM
Never read a comic, but your opinion is your opinion and you should stick by it.

but you have to buy into some Hollywood change, Doc Ock is no longer German/Austrian, Kingpin is Black and then there's Blade who is no longer the Shaft wann-a-be, Spidey shoots webs from his wrist and Mary Jane's the girl next door.

some changes are good, others arn't. All comes down to the opinion.

Jimmy Zero
December 12th, 2004, 5:51 PM
Sure, change is always necessary since most comics don't translate all that well to film as is. But changing a character's race is a bit different than changing what makes that character interesting and unique.

I like most of the comic movies I've seen and think that the X-Men movies are the best comic movies ever made, and there's tons of changes in those. What's different in something like the X-Men or Spiderman movies is that all the characters are still fundamentally the same. What drives them is still the same. I just don't think that's true of the Joker in the Batman. It just seems like the character was tailored to Jack Nicholson.

Locdog07
December 12th, 2004, 7:56 PM
Nicholson sucked as The Joker. He was just playing himself. It's easy to confuse that with a great performance since Nicholson is awesome... but he wasn't an awesome Joker.

Mark Hamill is The Joker. :yes:

Gyoza
December 12th, 2004, 9:25 PM
No. Cesar Romero is The Joker.

hiroko_fan
December 12th, 2004, 9:36 PM
haven't liked the batman movies since Tim Burton stopped directing them, he's such a talented director, plus how hot was michelle pheifer as Catwoman??

Locdog07
December 13th, 2004, 8:26 AM
No. Cesar Romero is The Joker.
Guy wouldn't even shave his moustache for the part. That's hardly dedication.

Guy
December 13th, 2004, 12:10 PM
But it was hilarious.

Locdog07
December 13th, 2004, 12:18 PM
So was this.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2563/batman.gif

Batman: They never taught me how to get rid of giant bombs in Tibet! Why did I waste my time getting trained there?!

Guy
December 13th, 2004, 12:19 PM
nuns, ducks, couple, baby, 2 nuns, another couple, more ducks, another couple, more nuns.

Brilliant

Locdog07
December 13th, 2004, 8:04 PM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/cmp/trailer.html?id=trailer&type=quicktime&speed=500000

The link to the high quality version of the trailer at the official site.

SerialHunter
December 14th, 2004, 2:42 AM
- Robin: Gosh Batman, the nobilty of the almost-human porpoise!
- Batman: True, it was noble of that animal to hurl himself into the path of that final torpedo, he gave his life for ours...

Guy
December 14th, 2004, 12:08 PM
:rofl:

Guy
December 18th, 2004, 7:25 PM
I just bought Batman Forever and Batman and Robin......

Don't ask why, I was just in mood for Batman and I only had Burton's which I've seen over and over. Batman and Robin made me cry, it just ruins everything.

Locdog07
December 18th, 2004, 7:48 PM
Should've got Mask of the Phantasm/Return of the Joker.