PDA

View Full Version : NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79

Pablo Diablo
October 29th, 2002, 8:51 AM
Well since the season starts tonight. Might as well start a thread since it seems like the last one disappeared. Anyways. Talk about the season, your gripes, the instant replay system, all your teams injuries (damn Raptors) and any shocks in here.

First note. Who agrees with me when I say that the most improved team is going to be the Clippers. Can you believe it the Clippers making the playoffs. CJ must be thinking the same thing.

I don't even know who CJ is anymore? Who the fuck was CJ?

Benzino
October 29th, 2002, 4:29 PM
While I will agree with you Pablo that the Clip Joint will be home to one of the most improved teams, in the league, I still think that the Atlanta Hawks will be the most improved teams in the league. Glenn Robinson will reaffirm why he was a first round draft pick, Theo Ratliff will prove that he is still a dominating presence after coming back from surgery, and Jason Terry will become one of the most spectacular backcourt players in the league.

And I'm already gonna call out the Most Disappointing Player of the year. Not only was he not what the Celtics needed, it will reaffirm that we should have done all we could to keep Rodney Rogers in a Green-and-White uniform. So thank you Vin Baker- you and your waste of talent will help make it 17 years without a championship.

Benzino
October 29th, 2002, 4:48 PM
I've created a weekly league on NBA.com's Virtual GM. The group name is RajahWWF and the password is "rajah". Unlimited number of spaces, so the sooner you sign up the better your stats will be.

S.H. Styles
October 29th, 2002, 5:55 PM
why did mcdyess have to injure himself again?

QuietStorm
October 29th, 2002, 6:21 PM
Because he plays for the Knicks and God doesn't like the Knicks.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 29th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Phile dont look too good in their first game, while Orlando look like they will have a great year.

Cant wait for the Raps/Wiz tomorrow.

Pablo Diablo
October 30th, 2002, 8:51 AM
That Raps/Wiz game your resident darocksez will be going to. Can't wait.

Quinn
October 30th, 2002, 11:15 AM
I'm interested to see how the baby Bulls do. I think Jay Williams will be huge for this team. I hope they don't finish last. :(

Big
October 30th, 2002, 6:41 PM
I think The Bulls will do alright this year, better then last year at least. I think Chandler, Curry, Marshall, and Rose will do rather well this year, and Jay....we'll hes still gotta adjust, but we'll see how he does. I dont think he'll be a major factor the first half of the season, but towards the middle/end he will.

Makaveli
October 31st, 2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by darocksez
That Raps/Wiz game your resident darocksez will be going to. Can't wait.

So did you see how MJ miss a couple of free-throws and a go ahead dunk in the fourth quarter?

DGAF
October 31st, 2002, 12:49 AM
Anyone caught the Knicks/Pistons game tonight?!

wtf the happened in the 4th?!? is new york fukking cursed?!?....houston was hot the whole game until the 4th hit :(

it was like last year session all over again....:rant:

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
October 31st, 2002, 1:19 AM
Well at least the Raps won their opener, about time they get off to a good start unlike the last few years. Pretty poorly played game though, not too much flow to it at all

DGAF
October 31st, 2002, 1:25 AM
Originally posted by THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
Well at least the Raps won their opener, about time they get off to a good start unlike the last few years. Pretty poorly played game though, not too much flow to it at all

The Raps went over the Wizards?!?

thats weird, considering the Wizards were like 6-0 in the pre-session..weird :wtf:

proballer22
October 31st, 2002, 2:07 AM
Its all about the Kings this year. BIBBY RULES

Pablo Diablo
October 31st, 2002, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Makaveli
So did you see how MJ miss a couple of free-throws and a go ahead dunk in the fourth quarter?

The whole stadium erupted when it looked like he was going to dunk. Then he missed and the whole stadium was laughing.

The game in general though was ugly. No offense. Either team. But hey at least the Celtics lost.

One other gripe about the Raptors. Why the hell is Jelani McCoy having 35 minutes. He is horrible. Give Bradley some more chances. At least AD still had it.

VC watch: Meh. Could have done better. Second half really wasn't his show. Or anyone's as a matter of fact. First half though he played a pretty good game. One thing I noticed though. The one big thing everyone had against him, defence. Has definately improved he plaeyd stackhouse tight for pretty much the whole game. But Stack played pretty well. Look for big things from him this year in Washington.

Happy Birthday AD.

residue
October 31st, 2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DGAF
Anyone caught the Knicks/Pistons game tonight?!

wtf the happened in the 4th?!? is new york fukking cursed?!?....houston was hot the whole game until the 4th hit :(

it was like last year session all over again....:rant:

who cares dude, every game we lose is one step closer we get towards lebron james. let em lose all their games

Benzino
October 31st, 2002, 3:49 PM

The game in general though was ugly. No offense. Either team. But hey at least the Celtics lost.

One other gripe about the Raptors. Why the hell is Jelani McCoy having 35 minutes. He is horrible. Give Bradley some more chances. At least AD still had it.

*low blow*

Although you're finally starting to understand the failure of Lenny Wilkins to give Mike some PT.

And as for the Celtics/Bulls game... this is why we needed Rodney Rogers. Nobody woulda covered him, and he woulda stroked the 3 instead of Ice Hands Walker hitting nuthin but iron

Nighthawk
October 31st, 2002, 5:56 PM
Michael Jordan = Hulk Hogan of the NBA

Older than most others in the league, past his prime, yet incredibly over with the fans.

Connection? :wtf:

Anyways, who else is glad the Lakers have lost their first two games?

Makaveli
October 31st, 2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Michael Jordan = Hulk Hogan of the NBA

I partially agree. MJ is still good at what he does while Hulk isn't anymore. It's probably because of the age difference but whatever.

Anyways, who else is glad the Lakers have lost their first two games?

*raises hand*
But I think they will bounce right back when O'neal and Fox return. They will dominate the NBA with the Kings. Maybe.

SparkMark1
November 1st, 2002, 4:08 AM
I am excited about the Bulls. (Bulls fan here).
They aren't going to the playoffs or anything, but we have a lot of young talent. I think they can pick up a few more wins than last year.
Though, they did get lucky with the Celtics game.....4 missed free throws at the end....ouch.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
November 2nd, 2002, 1:07 AM
SO ya The Boston Celtics suffered their biggest loss in their franchise history being Demolished by the wizards last nite by 45 f'n points. Anyhow, the wizards LOOKED like a completely different team then against the Raps. If the wizards play like they played on thurs, they could lead the east. Far fetched? Did anyone see Kwame " I went from a little bitch to a monster" Brown last nite? Jesus Christ, that kid is impressive.. Go Wiz.

The_shad
November 2nd, 2002, 1:33 AM
Ok, let me show you all how bad it is to go to a Denver Nuggets game. Rockets 83, Nuggets 74. Yao Ming doesn't score but once (first score in his NBA career I guess. Woo. :blah: )That itself looks bad, but it gets worse. They best part of the night is always the mascot Rocky. The man who plays Rocky was arrested tonight for domestic abuse. They had someone fill in for him and he wasn't fun. :blah: The best part of my night was spent near the introductions staring at Doug Moe. :irked:

Makaveli
November 2nd, 2002, 2:10 AM
I hate to say it but it's going to be just about the Kings and the Lakers again this year. No one else.

QuietStorm
November 2nd, 2002, 2:13 AM
Wow...the Pistons look sweet so far. I realize they have only beaten the Knicks and Griz at home so far but couple that with the preseason and they are 10-0. Joe Dumars vision of how he wants this team to play and who he wants doing it has been genius. Plus all 12 of em scored tonight and everyone got some good minutes to play. They can put any lineup on the court now and be successful. They just play so hard, are incredibly deep and no one lacks energy while they are in the game. I don't know what else to say other than hopefully the good streak continues when we go out west and they can make a long run in the playoffs this year and maybe get to the finals. Go Pistons.

DGAF
November 2nd, 2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Makaveli
I hate to say it but it's going to be just about the Kings and the Lakers again this year. No one else.

thats not possible.

S.H. Styles
November 2nd, 2002, 1:32 PM
knicks blew the lead yet again against the 76ers!!!!!!!!
Their cursed, their freakin cursed.
Ah well, at least Houston's doing good.

Pablo Diablo
November 2nd, 2002, 1:37 PM
Meh 1-1 now. Didn't really expect us to beat the Spurs. but 6 points fourth quarter. At least we ain't the Celtics. If we can pick up a win tonight against the Rockets i'll be happy. But Yao Ming shouldn't be a problem.

Quinn
November 2nd, 2002, 2:00 PM
Way to go Bulls!! Beat two teams that are going to be in the playoffs. Scoring more than last year, more upbeat this year. JWill rocks the house. :D

DGAF
November 2nd, 2002, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by samtheman

Houston is doing well alright...too bad A.I used and abused him lastnight

damn...:eek:

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 2nd, 2002, 4:04 PM
Im not upset about te Spurs loss but I am upset about how the Raps are having trouble putting points on thet board. 6 point 4th quarter, cmon. They were in position to win the game at the start of the fourth and then they end up being blown out. They need to show more consistant offence. But its only the start of the season so its not a big deal but I just feel that shooting under 40% in both games, this team shouldnt have big slumps like that with their type of talent

residue
November 2nd, 2002, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by samtheman

with the 1st pick in the 2003 nba draft, the new york knicks select lebron james.

DGAF
November 3rd, 2002, 12:05 AM
*enters thread with his head down*

Knicks bite the dust again, tonight.....:(

Jason_HBK
November 3rd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Oh god. The Raps lost VC and Antonio Davis. I really hope that these injuries are not serious. Talk about being plagued by the injury bug. This just kills me. They were going to really compete this year. But I don't know if the can without VC and AD. :cry: :cry:

DGAF
November 3rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
it's about time Carter got the hell out of Toronto......

he's been carrying that sorry excuse for a team a while now.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 3rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Jason_HBK
Oh god. The Raps lost VC and Antonio Davis. I really hope that these injuries are not serious. Talk about being plagued by the injury bug. This just kills me. They were going to really compete this year. But I don't know if the can without VC and AD. :cry: :cry:

No kidding they wouldnt compete without VC and AD. If they didnt have those two, than the Raps would be last years Bulls.
Im telling you Id be really dam upset if Vince was said to be out for the season because I thought the Raps can do some damage this year

Jason_HBK
November 3rd, 2002, 1:20 PM
it's about time Carter got the hell out of Toronto......

he's been carrying that sorry excuse for a team a while now.

Yeah your right. They totally collapsed after he got injured last year. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should get the facts straight first.

No kidding they wouldnt compete without VC and AD. If they didnt have those two, than the Raps would be last years Bulls.
Im telling you Id be really dam upset if Vince was said to be out for the season because I thought the Raps can do some damage this year

I know what you mean. I thought they had a great shot at leading the conference. But hopefully it's not serious. But damn, this is just plain weird to see all the injuries they have. A few are expected but this is ridiculous.

Pablo Diablo
November 3rd, 2002, 2:32 PM
:cries: again and again.

and DGAF, pardon my language Beefy and MTR, Fuck up.

Just because the Knicks couldn't win a game if it was handed to them doesn't mean you need to say that Vince should get out of T.O.

Sentinal
November 4th, 2002, 3:58 AM
Anyone see the goose egg that Karl malone mailed in on Sunday? The first time in 18 years that he has never scored a point. I watched it cuase my team's the Sonics and he looked terrible. He complained of a flu. Didn't MJ light it up a few years ago when he got sick. Mailman deliver your retirement.

SparkMark1
November 5th, 2002, 3:50 AM
They finally had a reason to use the instant replay at the end of the Bulls/Raptors game on Monday! I still don't know about IR, but hey, it worked. 1 for 1!

Pablo Diablo
November 5th, 2002, 5:39 PM
Meh we won in the end anyways. It's all good.

Makaveli
November 5th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Ahahaha.

The Lakers just posted the lowest total in franchise history. That just shows that the Lakers are nothing without Shaq.

DGAF
November 6th, 2002, 10:46 PM
fuck yeah!! the Knicks got their first W of the session tonight against the Kings :)

damn we needed that win.....

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 8th, 2002, 4:35 PM
Carter Out another 4 weeks:( Talk about bad News.

Makaveli
November 9th, 2002, 1:09 AM
Woo-hoo! The Lakers lost again.

Steve_Corino_Rulz
November 10th, 2002, 6:08 PM
Does anyone think that the Hornets could actually take the East?? The Nets are the favorites, but in my predictions with friends that me do for money I have the Kings beating the Hornets in the Championship.

DGAF
November 11th, 2002, 1:38 AM
Nope, my money is on the Kings (maybe the Sonics) vs. Pacers for the championship :D

Fro
November 11th, 2002, 11:25 PM
GO CELTICS!! 5 wins in a row now.

Wolv49
November 12th, 2002, 3:34 AM
I'm a Celtic fan and I think (wrote in last NBA thread)

Hornets Vs Kings with Kings winning... Celtics will finish ahead of the Nets. Mashburn could be an MVP threat (my prediction from the thread)......

I wrote that not knowing Elden's injuries- but they've played well without him. They'll only get better with him.

I kinda knew VC would get hurt- I predicted him to have a bad year, but I'm sad to see it actually happen.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 13th, 2002, 12:19 AM
What a game by the Raptors. Whoooo!
JYD, Mo Pete and especially Alvin all stepped up. A real team booster. Hopefully a little streak now from the Raps with their schedule not being too hard for the next few games.

DGAF
November 13th, 2002, 12:51 AM
ok, i'm finally losing faith in the Knicks...those fuckers got blown away tonight against the Jazz

108-87....what the hell :wtf:

Makaveli
November 13th, 2002, 2:19 AM
The Lakers lost again. :D

proballer22
November 13th, 2002, 2:20 AM
Yes. Even though they're my home team i hate the Lakers. They lost today and i'm happey. BTW, can't wait for Bibby to get back

S.H. Styles
November 13th, 2002, 11:32 PM
i know, i put the game on in the 1st quarter, 18-17 knicks on top.
I put the game on in the 3rd, quarter, knicks are down 48-73:wtf:

smackdown#1Announca
November 14th, 2002, 12:37 AM
i dont think the knicks are goign to do well this year

DGAF
November 14th, 2002, 1:32 AM
i can't wait till Mcdyess,Sprewell,Lavor all make their returns.....it should shine some light on our chances to still do well in the session (if it ain't too late) :(

smackdown#1Announca
November 14th, 2002, 1:42 AM
Mcdyess isnt comming back till next year

proballer22
November 14th, 2002, 1:43 AM
How did Mcdyess get injured?

DGAF
November 14th, 2002, 1:43 AM
Mcdyess isnt comming back till next year

really?!?

i knew he was injured, but i didn't really follow up on it.....holy shit!

Steve_Corino_Rulz
November 14th, 2002, 1:32 PM
Ok I'm from MInnesota so I'm a Timberwolves fan, but for God's sake somebody step up!!! Ok Garnett, The Franchise he's a good player, but he's very streaky sometimes like on Monday they got blown out by the Spurs. Rasho Nesterovic one of my favs is just about to get good. He's averging over 10 ppg and he's talented. My point is one day someone will step upand the next game he'll not do anything. We need more support sinece Wally, Joe SMith and theat SHIT OF A PLAYER Terrell Brandon( Who I couldn't care less if he camew back) . Kendell Gill was a good pick up for us. I looks like we're looking at another sweep first round.

DGAF
November 16th, 2002, 4:48 PM
Good game today with the Knicks losing to the 76ers

we lost, but atleast they performed well

92-93

The_shad
November 16th, 2002, 5:07 PM
Well, call me crazy, but I think the Nuggets are doing quite well this season considering the team. The only recognizable names on the team are Camby (injured) and Howard. So, we have other names like Tskitishvili, Hilario, Blount, and Posey surrounding Howard. And we already have 2 wins. :yes: We will not be the worst team in the league, hell, we may even get into 30 wins this year if we are lucky. :yes:

Sentinal
November 16th, 2002, 5:39 PM
Sonics. Oh hell Yeah!! I can't believe the beating they put down on the kings last night. Desmond Mason made an awesome block. The kings passed it underneath to a wide open guy for a lay-up but out of no where Mason comes over and swats it. You couldn't even see him on the screen then he just appears. The Sonics are for real this year. the best shooting team in the NBA. GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY!!!

AlphaBean
November 16th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Steve_Corino_Rulz
Ok I'm from MInnesota so I'm a Timberwolves fan, but for God's sake somebody step up!!! Ok Garnett, The Franchise he's a good player, but he's very streaky sometimes like on Monday they got blown out by the Spurs. Rasho Nesterovic one of my favs is just about to get good. He's averging over 10 ppg and he's talented. My point is one day someone will step upand the next game he'll not do anything. We need more support sinece Wally, Joe SMith and theat SHIT OF A PLAYER Terrell Brandon( Who I couldn't care less if he camew back) . Kendell Gill was a good pick up for us. I looks like we're looking at another sweep first round.

Wolves need an exciting PG to match up with KG. You could see the beginning of something special with KG and Steph in 97, and when KG and Payton played in the Goodwill games last year they lit it UP.

So what the Wolves need now is a trade for Payton, and they'll be tough to beat. Especially with all the talent we've got this year, e.g. the big men(woods rasho trent and slater), Gill, and Walleye Szzzzzzzzzzzz.

:squint:

5-4, not the best start ever. Hopefully with injuries healing we'll get stronger.

And hopefully Brandon will RETIRE so we can trade his cap room and get someone decent. :irked:

The Myth
November 16th, 2002, 11:40 PM
Sixers are 6-3 and hanging in with Boston, Jersey, and Orlando. :yes: Watch out for the old Sixers, they still have legs.

Weird how they're old now...

Anyways, they're winning the games they're supposed to along with the close ones (San Antonio, LA Clippers, New York). Van Horn's stepped up and Greg Buckner's fitting in well. Keep it up...no injuries...they can challenge easily for the division.

Makaveli
November 18th, 2002, 2:56 AM
.....and the Lakers lost again.

JoJo the rabid monkey
November 18th, 2002, 7:36 PM
M
MA
MAV
MAVE
MAVER
MAVERI
MAVERIC
MAVERICK
MAVERICKS
MAVERICKS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BabyBooboo
November 18th, 2002, 8:13 PM
Warroirs RULE! 132-95!!!!!!!!!!

Best scroe this season Troy Murphy new high score

DGAF
November 19th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Hell yeah, the Knicks got the win over the Pistons tonight....

they blew a 30 point lead, but atleast we got the dukes.

DGAF
November 19th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Hell yeah, the Knicks got the win over the Pistons tonight....

they blew a 30 point lead, but atleast we got the W.

Big
November 19th, 2002, 8:23 PM
They need to pray that Spree averages 25+ ppg, 10 boards, 6 assists, a steal, and low TO's with high %'s. Then they can trade him to anywhere for anyone. Oh and Stromile Swift+anyone would be good in a deal for shandon anderson/harrinton/spoon. Oh how I wish John Starks, Ewing, LJ would be virtuosos like say malone and stockton. I miss Knicks of old.

Big
November 19th, 2002, 8:25 PM
Oh and you know its sad when you are a former finalist 3 years ago, and wind up second to last place. But hey, look at chicago. They got screwed over too. But they won alot and the knicks didnt. oh wells. And its even sadder when Nets are becoming more popular then the knicks in nyc.

THE jANK
November 21st, 2002, 3:52 PM
I'm mucho excited for the Dallas Vs. Houston game tonight.

Battle of the genetic freaks: Bradley Vs. Ming.

Stevie Franchise Vs. Nash.

Also, The big head bastard Charles Barkley must kiss Kenny Smith's ass because he lost the bet that Ming wouldn't score more than 19 points in game this year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would like Houston to end the streak but I think The Mavs are just playing too damn well right now. I like em both so I won't be so dissapopinted about whoever loses.

This will be a major slobberknocker of epic proportions.

Bean, Wolves will not make the playoffs this year.

:nono:

EL-ASSO-WIPO
November 21st, 2002, 8:12 PM
Jesus, What the hell happend to the wizards they haven't played a game in ages? And oh Lakers, will win 10 straight when Shaq gets back. I hate them, but I have this feeling. Anyhow, Kings Vs Nets in the Finals this year. The Lakers will be dethroned.

Makaveli
November 21st, 2002, 10:48 PM
The Lakers lost again.....last night.

AlphaBean
November 21st, 2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by THE jANK
I'm mucho excited for the Dallas Vs. Houston game tonight.

Battle of the genetic freaks: Bradley Vs. Ming.

Stevie Franchise Vs. Nash.

Also, The big head bastard Charles Barkley must kiss Kenny Smith's ass because he lost the bet that Ming wouldn't score more than 19 points in game this year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would like Houston to end the streak but I think The Mavs are just playing too damn well right now. I like em both so I won't be so dissapopinted about whoever loses.

This will be a major slobberknocker of epic proportions.

Bean, Wolves will not make the playoffs this year.

If Brandon will RETIRE already, and we replace him, then yes.

However, the Wolves, on paper, should be champs. No #1 draft pick the last what, three years? No point guard, and half their salary is KG. :nono: But what team could do better with what we (don't) have? That's right!

And Szzzzzzzzzzzzzz has played one game this season. What the hell is that? He's begging to become the next Grant Hill. :nono:

Pablo Diablo
November 22nd, 2002, 8:48 AM
Now about Vince.

Come back. Please. Soon.

Joel
November 23rd, 2002, 3:16 PM
The Nets are playing horribly. It's just not the same team as the one that was on the court last year. I don't care what anyone says... the intensity and excitement isn't there.

Sure they blew out the Cavs so everyone around here quickly says everything is fine. As much as I love 'em they need to get their act together quick, or they'll have trouble catching up to the Hornets later on.

AlphaBean
November 24th, 2002, 2:41 AM
It's because Van Horn is gone.

Keith Van Horn was the HEART AND SOUL OF THE NEW JERSEY NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shifty:

Notice the Sixers are better with him? Yeah, me too.

:shifty:

them69
November 24th, 2002, 3:59 AM
Originally posted by Joel
The Nets are playing horribly. It's just not the same team as the one that was on the court last year. I don't care what anyone says... the intensity and excitement isn't there.

Sure they blew out the Cavs so everyone around here quickly says everything is fine. As much as I love 'em they need to get their act together quick, or they'll have trouble catching up to the Hornets later on.

First four games of the season then the game against Cleveland they've been their old selves. They weren't perfect last season, either. Kidd will keep them going, mark my words. The Lakers suck right now, and there's no doubt in my mind that they'll be in the WCF at the very least.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
November 24th, 2002, 4:58 PM
I cried yesterday.

Why?

Well, because their was a tragedy.

What Happend?

The Wizards lost to the Grizzles.

A sad day for human existence.

Sentinal
November 25th, 2002, 5:53 PM
Sonics win over Spurs 91-90 on a Brent Barry 3 with 4.7 seconds left. They were down by 18 and fought back. Awesome game!

Big
November 25th, 2002, 11:57 PM
hey guess what? the knicks lost. i bet you were all surprised. TRADE SPREE, SPOON, HOUSTON, THOMAS, EISLEY, and ANDERSON!! Trade em for money, cars, decent players, it doesnt matter. :( I miss winning.

Big
November 26th, 2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Joel

Mutumbo and Rogers havent been doing much of anything. I guess Dikembe is good on the defensive end, but so far it hasnt been anything spectacular that maculloch and horn couldnt do. Rogers still needs to mesh with the nets, so does dikembe. If Rogers was playin as good as people expected, and if Dikembe took some offensive pressure off kidd, the nets would be awesome right now.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 26th, 2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by IbiggmikeI
hey guess what? the knicks lost. i bet you were all surprised. TRADE SPREE, SPOON, HOUSTON, THOMAS, EISLEY, and ANDERSON!! Trade em for money, cars, decent players, it doesnt matter. :( I miss winning.

Well the Knicks are going to lose even worse again on Wednesday. Know Why? Cause Vince is coming back!!! and the Raps are going to start winning again. The goal is just make the playoffs and have everyone healthy. If that can happen, then they can beat any team in the playoffs. this team can be really good once Vince and Lamond get back, they will have a load of offence.

DGAF
November 26th, 2002, 12:34 PM

i was shocked when i heard Spoon was with the Knicks AGAIN this session!!

i mean, yes the guy has a good mid-range shot, but he's no threat.

Big
November 26th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Well the Knicks are going to lose even worse again on Wednesday. Know Why? Cause Vince is coming back!!! and the Raps are going to start winning again. The goal is just make the playoffs and have everyone healthy. If that can happen, then they can beat any team in the playoffs. this team can be really good once Vince and Lamond get back, they will have a load of offence.

Oh please....the Knicks are going to be up by 67 points by the end of the 3rd and just mess it all up in the 4th. Let's just hope for a good draft pick for the Knicks. The season was over before it even began. And the raps....well IF they make the playoffs, (big if) I doubt theyd get past first round. Theyd be last seed and knocked out by the first place team. Although...the Knicks knocked out a first place team when they were in last, and they went to the finals. But the raps, thatd never happen. I miss Ewing :(

Mike
November 27th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Detroit vs Dallas tonight.

Detroit's coming off a huge win against Indiana and has had 3 full days of rest to prepare for this one. Dallas looses their first game tonight bitches.

Big
November 27th, 2002, 6:47 PM
Dallas will whip the pistons. Nash, Finley, and Nowitzki will out play the pistons as a whole. Just watch.

DGAF
November 27th, 2002, 10:27 PM

umm, what was that? :)

87-81!!! :lol:

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 27th, 2002, 10:46 PM
umm, what was that? :)

87-81!!! :lol:

I seriously have no dam clue what that was.

God dam Raps man, I thought with Vince back the team would be fired up but then they end up losing at home to the Knicks. Cmon, I cant figure these guys out. They have to really get it going and I know that sooner or later they will but Im still pissed off about this loss. Definitely a game they needed and should have won.

proballer22
November 28th, 2002, 2:33 AM
lakers lost agian. Yipppy

them69
November 28th, 2002, 9:35 AM
It's cause Vince is an absolute cancer to that team. You saw what happened last year when he got hurt...the Raptors starting playing BETTER. Not only a little better, a LOT better.

It all goes with the Ewing theory...they should trade Vince to someone else.

Oh yeah, and GO KNICKS! And the Nets are cool, too.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
November 28th, 2002, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by them69
It's cause Vince is an absolute cancer to that team. You saw what happened last year when he got hurt...the Raptors starting playing BETTER. Not only a little better, a LOT better.

Im not going to waste my time and nerves.

Mike
November 29th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Dallas will whip the pistons. Nash, Finley, and Nowitzki will out play the pistons as a whole. Just watch.

WRONG, Finley did it by himself.

Shit. Their is no possible way Dallas won't win it all this year. They've beaten Detroit by 20+ points TWICE now, and Detroit's probably the best team in the Eastern conference.

DGAF
November 29th, 2002, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Mike
and Detroit's probably the best team in the Eastern conference.

Detroit, the best in the Eastern Conference?!? wtf :wtf:

you need to check the standings before you say that.

Makaveli
November 29th, 2002, 2:49 AM

Defensively? Yes.
Overall? Maybe not.

kickofdeath
November 29th, 2002, 4:31 PM
Do John Stockton and Karl Malone still play?

They were the only players I ever cared about, I always picked em on NBA Jam.

If they are still playing they must be damn old. Who do they play for? Are they still good?

Steve_Corino_Rulz
November 29th, 2002, 9:55 PM
Originally posted by kickofdeath
Do John Stockton and Karl Malone still play?

They were the only players I ever cared about, I always picked em on NBA Jam.

If they are still playing they must be damn old. Who do they play for? Are they still good?

Yes the Malone-Stockton coneection is still around and still on the Utah Jazz. They are still the reason the Jazz win, but I'd say that this will be the twos last season then the Jazz will go way down hill.

Makaveli
November 30th, 2002, 12:07 AM
The Lakers are weak now. They had a hard time winning over the lowly Grizzlies and even had to beat them in overtime.

Pablo Diablo
November 30th, 2002, 12:16 AM
we finally won. Thank you. Mo Pete.

Now if you could be consistent

DGAF
November 30th, 2002, 12:18 AM
*100th* Reply :)

Mike
November 30th, 2002, 1:07 PM

Alright, lets look at the 4 best records in the East.

Indiana 13-2
Philedelphia 13-4
Detroit 12-4
New Orleans 11-4

Detroit beat Indiana by 15 just last Saturday.
Detroit beat New Orleans a couple weeks ago.
Detroit and Phily haven't played.

Of Detroits 4 losses, two have been to Dallas, and in the other two they lost by 2 points in each game. (One to the Clippers and one to New York- who they have also beat once this year)

I think they're the team to beat in the Conference.

Some people say Indiana is the best because they beat Dallas. I say Pistons beat Indiana in a playoff series.

The reason they beat Dallas is basically Jermaine O'Neal's 28 points and 18 rebounds. You think he's going to score 28 when Ben Wallace is guarding him? No chance in hell.

AlphaBean
November 30th, 2002, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike
Alright, lets look at the 4 best records in the East.

Indiana 13-2
Philedelphia 13-4
Detroit 12-4
New Orleans 11-4

Detroit beat Indiana by 15 just last Saturday.
Detroit beat New Orleans a couple weeks ago.
Detroit and Phily haven't played.

Of Detroits 4 losses, two have been to Dallas, and in the other two they lost by 2 points in each game. (One to the Clippers and one to New York- who they have also beat once this year)

I think they're the team to beat in the Conference.

Some people say Indiana is the best because they beat Dallas. I say Pistons beat Indiana in a playoff series.

The reason they beat Dallas is basically Jermaine O'Neal's 28 points and 18 rebounds. You think he's going to score 28 when Ben Wallace is guarding him? No chance in hell.

Um, They won by like, 10. Harrington, Artest and Miller had unbelievable games. Artest came close to a triple double, with three steals and a block. The Pacers are deep and talented, with one of the best players ever in Reggie Miller. Do you think that Reggie will let anyone play him for a fool come the playoffs? :nono:

I mean come on, Detroit lost to NY? Who loses to NY? They've won twice? :squint:

S.H. Styles
November 30th, 2002, 4:14 PM
Don't be making fun of my NY Knicks Alphabean. Especially Allan Houston, the best jump shooter on the eastern coast:headbang:

DGAF
November 30th, 2002, 4:37 PM
yes, we're know 4-10....and i'm predicting that the Knicks will get the win over the Cavs this monday

ps: poor Sprewell. that was probably his last game as a Knick :(

them69
November 30th, 2002, 4:46 PM
ps: poor Sprewell. that was probably his last game as a Knick :(

WHAT???

Where did you hear that

WWF3:16
November 30th, 2002, 8:00 PM
(I know my question was posed already but I was hoping it would get attended to here)

NBA: All-Star balloting question??
About the NBA All Star balloting, you are allowed to vote for 2 forwards, 2 guards and a center for both conferences and a write in ballot.

My question is: If you've voted for 2 forwards, 2 guards and a center for both conferences, will your "write in" count as a vote? or do you have to remove a player from your voting to accomodate your write in?

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Big
December 2nd, 2002, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by them69
WHAT???

Where did you hear that

Spree trade talks have been all over NY papers, so from the media. Plus lots of talks about Danny Fortson comin to the Knicks. Hope he comes we can have a decent Center then, but the way Othella Harrington is playing so far, Im not sure if we need him. But u never know.

S.H. Styles
December 3rd, 2002, 10:21 PM
I heard that the Mavs, Cavs, Heat, Grizzlies, and the Wizards are interested in Latrell Sprewell................Milk that for all its worth:evilgrin:

Big
December 3rd, 2002, 10:41 PM
Nothing :)

Big
December 3rd, 2002, 10:45 PM
But Sprees been doing somewhat good lately, hopefully he could be come kind of trade bait for anything. Stupid Knicks didnt even use their 4.5 mil. exception. UGH. But hey, theyre 3-0 rite now.

DGAF
December 3rd, 2002, 10:51 PM
i hope we get Lebron James :)

Big
December 4th, 2002, 3:47 PM
Tonite: Knicks vs. Magic. Its a test. If we win, we do better this season and actually do something. If we lose, repeat last season all over again.

Big
December 4th, 2002, 3:49 PM
i hope we get Lebron James :)

I doubt we will. Memphis probably will wind up getting him. We're gonna get another joe schmoe. So.....anyone know how NeNe's been doing lately? I bet he's having fun in Denver :( We took Dice, we gambled, we lost :( Didn't pay.

Big
December 6th, 2002, 5:49 PM
Who do you thinks the most improved player in the nba rite now? I'd have to go with Ron Artest or Gilbert Arenas. They've both really stepped up. But now for Artest since MIllers back I wonder if he'll still have that same effect.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
December 7th, 2002, 2:15 AM
THERE goes Dallas confidence level!

BIGGEST COMEBACK in nba history from a deficit at the half.. HAHA I laugh at Mark Cubans's Pain..

It doesnt matter if Dallas goes undefeated for the remainder of the season, they will always remember this loss and they know that They cant beat the lakers..I hate the lakers but the Mavs are fucked now.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 10th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Carter out 2 weeks. These injuries are really starting to get to me.

DGAF
December 11th, 2002, 12:05 AM
what happened to Carter?

Makaveli
December 11th, 2002, 2:45 AM
Lakers losing to the Warriors......I think I've seen that before...

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 11th, 2002, 9:35 AM
what happened to Carter?

Hurt his knee in practise. I think it was a a sore knee or something

EL-ASSO-WIPO
December 11th, 2002, 4:16 PM
Is it me or has this Season Lacked something?

DGAF
December 11th, 2002, 5:42 PM
yeah, no more dominating Lakers :lol:

Makaveli
December 11th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by EL-ASSO-WIPO
Is it me or has this Season Lacked something?

Injuries. The league is plagued with injuries.

DGAF
December 14th, 2002, 10:26 PM
The Knicks are currently getting killed by Boston :(

cobra
December 14th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Basketball sucks. what is so about fun throwing a ball in a basket

Big
December 15th, 2002, 12:57 AM
first off, I hate the celtics. I wish the knicks would decap that team. secondly...basketball is awesome u infidel.

Big
December 17th, 2002, 8:55 PM
Nets vs. Knicks tonite. LETS GO KNICKS!!

DGAF
December 17th, 2002, 8:59 PM
it should be a good game. although the knicks just blew the early lead.

Big
December 17th, 2002, 9:54 PM
last I checked, the Knicks werent so far behind. Eisley was leading the team too. I hate players that are inconsistent :(

DGAF
December 17th, 2002, 11:01 PM
WHAT A FUCKING GAME!!!

that was a great win for New York :D

Big
December 18th, 2002, 3:31 PM
HOLY $H!T!!! That was amazing, especially after all the bragging the nets did. :beer: To the Knicks!

Pablo Diablo
December 18th, 2002, 4:23 PM
Well anything happened last night I mean the Raptors won.

AlphaBean
December 19th, 2002, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by cobra
Basketball sucks. what is so about fun throwing a ball in a basket

The alternative is kicking it in a really huge net, which is a game for people who can't use their hands, and can't aim to save their lives.

Basketball is like Soccer for people who have depth perception, coordination and can do more than run.

All in all it's an awesome game and I suck at it, which makes it 10000000000000000x more awesome. Soccer would be easy if I wasn't a big fatty, and baseball is easy regardless. Football, depending on the position, can be doable, but still difficult for me, and basketball, well, it's a son of a bitch.

I rate my sports on a fat person scale. At the top, basketball and gymnastics are damn-near impossible, and at the bottom, soccer and baseball I could do if I had another 150 lbs added on.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
December 19th, 2002, 8:52 PM
Go Wizards! MJ with back to back 30 point games. He is old, but I love the way that guy plays. He would be better than half the nba at age 50 anyways.

StoneColdSlugger
December 21st, 2002, 12:35 AM
Fucking Rick Fox. What the fuck was he thinking letting that ball slip out of his hands?!

FUCK!!!!

DGAF
December 21st, 2002, 12:38 PM
Anyone know if Wells was fined or suspended?

this dumbass had a fight with Chris Mills last night, and also tried to start a fight with a fan :lol:

DGAF
December 21st, 2002, 10:23 PM
Can someone explain to me why the Knicks vs. Bucks game isn't being broadcast?

i can't believe i'm going to be forced to listen to it instead :dead:

them69
December 21st, 2002, 11:24 PM
Anyone know if Wells was fined or suspended?

this dumbass had a fight with Chris Mills last night, and also tried to start a fight with a fan :lol:

Suspended 2 games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1221/1480820.html

Then Mills blocked the Blazers' bus with his car. Talk about outta control.

StoneColdSlugger
December 22nd, 2002, 12:41 AM
He blocked the bus with his car?! HAHAHAHA...

Big
December 22nd, 2002, 12:26 PM
Thats awesome lol.... did Knicks win?

DGAF
December 22nd, 2002, 1:34 PM
nope, 90-94

:(

Nevermind
December 22nd, 2002, 9:23 PM
The Raptors got screwed today. They suck (and aren't healthy), but they almost beat The Lakers anyway. The ref made a bad call at the end of the game. Mo Pete's shot was definitely a 3-pointer, so they should not even have played overtime.

On top of that, Shaq committed more than 50 fouls in that game. What he can get away with is unbelievable.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 22nd, 2002, 9:59 PM
Ya, there was more than 1 questionable call against the Raps down the stretch. That was the biggest crap Ive seen. The 3 pointer was too close to waive off and give him a 2 on it. We clearly won that game, it just wont show it on the record. We'll get our revenge against them in a week with Vince and AD hopefully back in the lineup.

Big
December 22nd, 2002, 11:42 PM
Lakers will trash Raptors next week. Just letting you know ahead of time.
The poor Knicks, theyre facing like good teams this week :( So expect a bucnha losses. Either really close games but they give up in the fourth, or total blow outs for the knicks :(

Big
December 22nd, 2002, 11:47 PM
Wow, if Lindsey Hunter hit just one of the 4 threes that he missed, the Raptors wouldve won. Oh well. Im used to my team losin, im a knick fan :) Inconsistency= Knicks

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 23rd, 2002, 12:06 AM
Wow, if Lindsey Hunter hit just one of the 4 threes that he missed, the Raptors wouldve won. Oh well. Im used to my team losin, im a knick fan :) Inconsistency= Knicks

Ya, and if Greg Foster didnt get a technical for joking around with Shaq(tying his laces or some crap) then the Raps would've won :rolleyes: . The refs were awful

But the Raps still almost won and they didnt have their 2 best players. So I wouldnt say that the Lakers can beat the Raps any day.

Big
December 23rd, 2002, 12:14 AM
Antonio Davis is there second best player?

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 23rd, 2002, 1:59 AM
Yup, no question. Who did you think is their second best player

Big
December 23rd, 2002, 2:12 AM
Mo Pete, Voshon Lenard, possibly even alvin williams could be a contender. Its jus Davis hasnt been playin as well this year, IMO. Lenard might as well be numero uno.

Pablo Diablo
December 23rd, 2002, 3:40 PM
yea AD's been injured so he can't play when he's injured. Although this year I say the top two raps have been Lenard and A Will.

Steve_Corino_Rulz
December 23rd, 2002, 11:26 PM
I would of loved to see Chris Mills take on the whole Blazers team. I bet Mills would kick some serious ass, but then Steve Kerr and Sabonis kick the living shit out of Mills.

Big
December 24th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Steve Kerr is da shyt. Steve Kerr could take all of the NBA down in a street fight.

spanish announce table
December 27th, 2002, 2:41 PM
:cry: can anyone save the raptors?!

EL-ASSO-WIPO
December 27th, 2002, 7:49 PM
can anyone save the wizards?

Makaveli
December 27th, 2002, 9:25 PM
can anyone save the wizards?

They don't need to be saved.................just yet.

Deven Vickerman
December 28th, 2002, 12:41 AM
what's up with the dallas mavericks, they have been barely winning they're last, what, 6 games? They started the season averaging 100 pts per game, now it's like only 80, they're starting to suck and i feel they can't beat the Kings.. what does everyone else think

DGAF
December 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM
The Knicks went over Houston lastnight!!

i hope they sweep the whole state of texas :)

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 28th, 2002, 2:34 PM
small trade talks incolving Vince? is what I am hearing, for Miles and Ilgauskas. Man, Grunwald better not do anything stupid. Carter is our franchise(injured or not) he has just signed a huge contract and he attracts fans. A trade would be stupid especially for Miles/Ilgauskas, who are not in Carters league.

Deven Vickerman
December 28th, 2002, 11:41 PM
lol DGAF, they got their ass kicked by the Mavs

Big
December 30th, 2002, 1:49 PM
WholeFNShow....I really think that the rumors involvin vince, are simply that, rumors. The Raptors arent in a position where they cant afford Vince, or where he's going to go downhill. Even though Miles is pretty good and Ilgaukaus is playing awesome, I don't think the Raptors would trade Carter to the Cavs.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
December 30th, 2002, 3:51 PM
Ya, it appered to be only a rumor. I dont know why it was heavily talked about but both GM's pretty much laughed about it. So ya, only a rumor

Big
December 31st, 2002, 12:00 AM
Knicks beat Spurs :D Woopdeedoo! 2-1 in Texas. Only Dallas beat us, and theyre the best in the league. :)

DGAF
December 31st, 2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Deven Vickerman
lol DGAF, they got their ass kicked by the Mavs

lol Deven, we just beat the Spurs.....

2-1 is all good with me :D :D

Big
December 31st, 2002, 1:07 AM
DGAF...Cyclones suck, Yankees rule lol.

Anyway....KNICKS ROCK! I hope they keep a regular pace now and break 500.

DGAF
December 31st, 2002, 1:13 AM
any news on if Weatherspoon was fined, or suspended?

TRO
December 31st, 2002, 3:49 AM
Good for the Knicks, going 2-1... but the hottest team in the league is the Blazers, finally!! I don't care if they don't get a blowout victory all season, a win is a win is a win. And 8 in a row, you can't dis on that... by the way, steve kerr is a Spur now.... got traded a while ago...

Big
January 1st, 2003, 11:19 PM
Wheres the whole fn show? Knicks beat Toronto 95-75 :P
HHAHAHAHA! Kurt Thomas is the man! WOO! Doleac is finally doing something. :) Knicks baby, KNICKS! DGAF! Celebrate with me! :beer:

DGAF
January 1st, 2003, 11:44 PM
Celebrate for what??!? i just found out that the Miami Heat is now 12-19, and we're just 11-17

and checking out our upcoming schedule. i don't see us getting that 8th spot anytime soon :(

btw, Miller is going to kill us on Friday............

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 2nd, 2003, 1:54 AM
Wheres the whole fn show? Knicks beat Toronto 95-75 :P
HHAHAHAHA! Kurt Thomas is the man! WOO! Doleac is finally doing something. :) Knicks baby, KNICKS! DGAF! Celebrate with me! :beer:

relax, half our team is injured. Wait til we have our full lineup, then we will see who will win.

Big
January 2nd, 2003, 7:06 PM
DGAF... dont worry yet,
Whole FN Show, if he had Dice healthy, rapts still wouldnt have a chance :)

biggav65
January 2nd, 2003, 7:25 PM
I was at the Garden for that game. It was amazing! From what I hear 'Spoon was suspended for 1 game and fined $20000. Having beat the raptors now I guess we don't need to worry about the suspension. Doleac rules!!!!

Big
January 2nd, 2003, 11:25 PM
Doleac=The Great White Hope

DGAF
January 2nd, 2003, 11:33 PM
Doleac=The Great White Hope

lol

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 3rd, 2003, 5:06 AM
Haha, That was funny watchin Krause and Reinsdorf get humilated tonite by Jordan and the wiz. Im sure Jordan enjoyed that. The Fans booed their own team. I hope Krause's fat ass chokes on a donut. :)

aznduderulez3
January 3rd, 2003, 10:57 PM
You got to admit, the Jazz is pretty good though. Knicks are really improving, this is a VERY important month for the Knicks.

Big
January 3rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
The Knicks showed they can take on tougher teams like houston and san antonio, but they just gotta keep doing it. Unfortunately, they passed the easy part of their scheduele and are giong on to harder teams. Poor Knickerbockers :( Break .500!

XtremeTeam
January 3rd, 2003, 11:48 PM
I just went to a Net game, against the calivers (<--whoever they are :D)

And a drunk guy hit my mom :no:

DGAF
January 4th, 2003, 12:29 AM
The Knicks showed they can take on tougher teams like houston and san antonio, but they just gotta keep doing it. Unfortunately, they passed the easy part of their scheduele and are giong on to harder teams. Poor Knickerbockers :( Break .500!

harder teams? who?!?

we've chop down atleast 5 top contender teams already. so i see nothing but good things to come for the Knicks :)

and oh yea, what a sore loser that Ron Artest is...he's such a fag..

Big
January 4th, 2003, 1:09 AM
OMG WHAT A GAME! 4th quarter blowout by the knicks! :D Thats awesome shyt. Artest better get suspended and fined, cuz spoon did for some stupid stuff last week. KNICKS BABY!

KingOfTheWorld
January 4th, 2003, 4:48 AM
I was watching the Phx Suns-Phi Sixers game the other day,and towards the end of the 4th quater.someone threw a live rat on the court. Do NBA Officails have nay idea who did it? I rember one of the play by play guys say that a similar thing happened once before.

Big
January 4th, 2003, 2:57 PM
LoL thats awesome. I never heard of that happening before, but thats gotta bug out the players and refs. Its probably nuts playin if theres a rat on the ocurt running between the peoples legs.

BabyBooboo
January 4th, 2003, 3:31 PM
Dallas are kicking some phillie ass right now.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 4th, 2003, 3:50 PM
LoL thats awesome. I never heard of that happening before, but thats gotta bug out the players and refs. Its probably nuts playin if theres a rat on the ocurt running between the peoples legs.

The rat was actually like half dead already. So when it was thrown on the court, it just stayed there.

But I dont know what sicko held a rat with him the whole game, just to throw it on the court

DGAF
January 4th, 2003, 8:58 PM
But I dont know what sicko held a rat with him the whole game, just to throw it on the court

maybe he thought it was going to be a hockey game?

spanish announce table
January 4th, 2003, 10:07 PM
it gets worse for the raptors. Voshon Lenard is out for January. :(

KingOfTheWorld
January 4th, 2003, 11:20 PM
If by some miracle or force of nature,The Lakers don't make it to the finals. Who woould you se as the Next NBA Champion?

Big
January 4th, 2003, 11:37 PM
knicks

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 5th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Jordan is God.

Big
January 5th, 2003, 1:06 AM
Jordan is streaky. 2 points one night, 42 the next. 6 points one night, 40 the next. :(

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 5th, 2003, 7:14 PM
He doesnt Need to score anymore man. SCORING isnt the only thing that Makes a Basketball player great. The Game against chicago, MJ played incredible D on Jalen Rose and the wiz won by like 25. Last nite, MJ brought his Offensive game. He is proving that you dont have to score to be a good player.

-Defense Wins Games, While Offense gets the glory.

Stephizhot
January 5th, 2003, 9:09 PM
Originally posted by KingOfTheWorld
If by some miracle or force of nature,The Lakers don't make it to the finals. Who woould you se as the Next NBA Champion?

Some miracle or force of nature? Lakers arent even on the path of making the playoffs, much less the finals. But i think mavs or kings will win this year.

KingOfTheWorld
January 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM
The Wizards seem to be doing great. If only the Lakes could just step up thier game plan,we might be able to see Mj.vs.Shaq in the NBA finals.

Big
January 5th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Last time I checked, the Knicks have a better chance of making playoffs then Lakers. Both are 9th in their conference. GO Knicks! :yes:
Even though losin to the Blazers by 3 didnt help :nono:

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 5th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by KingOfTheWorld
The Wizards seem to be doing great. If only the Lakes could just step up thier game plan,we might be able to see Mj.vs.Shaq in the NBA finals.

I would LOVE to see that, but I know the chance of that happening are Slim to none. The Wizards just need to make the playoffs which it looks like they will..And with MJ in the playoffs, maybe they can make some noise. The Lakers, well, they will make the playoffs. But they won't win the title this year. No way. Their supporting class has grown old and unproductive.

Big
January 5th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Lakers would face Dallas if they do make it. Theyd get past Dallas, cuz Dallas fears them and their zone doesn't work on teh Lakers :(

Wolv49
January 6th, 2003, 6:08 AM
The Indiana Pacers will play the Sacramento Kings in a best of seven series for the NBA Championship and defeat them in the 7th game in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Conseco Fieldhouse will rock as the Indiana Pacers become Champions in Reggie Miller's farewell to the NBA. Ron Artest will be named player of the NBA Finals as he has emerged as a true superstar capable, not only of scoring and playing tremendous defense "The swingman Ben Wallace" but of being the best damn media person in the history of the NBA ;)

DGAF
January 6th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Last time I checked, the Knicks have a better chance of making playoffs then Lakers. Both are 9th in their conference. GO Knicks! :yes:
Even though losin to the Blazers by 3 didnt help :nono:

what was the deal with houston taking that inside shot with 6 seconds on the clock? was he trying to get the foul, or did he forget that they were down by 3? :(?

Big
January 6th, 2003, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by Wolv49
The Indiana Pacers will play the Sacramento Kings in a best of seven series for the NBA Championship and defeat them in the 7th game in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Conseco Fieldhouse will rock as the Indiana Pacers become Champions in Reggie Miller's farewell to the NBA. Ron Artest will be named player of the NBA Finals as he has emerged as a true superstar capable, not only of scoring and playing tremendous defense "The swingman Ben Wallace" but of being the best damn media person in the history of the NBA ;)

Isn't it fun to dream? :lol:

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 6th, 2003, 11:08 PM
God dam it, thats 3 straight games we could have and should have won. They just cant play a complete game.

LeBron James, here we come

Naa, we still have a chance. We just need a little 6-7 game win streak once Carter gets back, Within the next 3 games

Big
January 6th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Raptors need to trade someone. They should try to trade Mo Pete while hes doin well. Or Alvin Williams.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 7th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Trade Alvin Williams :lol:

Anyways, we dont need a trade, we just need a healthy team. We can be one of the East's best teams when everyne is healthy. Again, we still have our best player out and other good scorers Lamond Murray and Lenard are also out.

DGAF
January 7th, 2003, 12:49 AM
oh lord, the knicks lost to the Magic twice this session!! and they did it without Grant & Hill :(

Big
January 7th, 2003, 10:58 PM
grant and hill? or u mean grant hill? or harvey grant and grant hill?

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 8th, 2003, 2:25 AM
I think he means Horace Grant but Im no sure

Big
January 8th, 2003, 11:12 PM
89-87...damn it. DAMN PACERS! If houston just made one more three :(

Pablo Diablo
January 9th, 2003, 6:09 PM
I say The Raptors trade back to get their draft pick because we're going down the shitter and we better get something out of playing this bad.

By the way I was away last week and this was right after Vince supposedly made the statement about how he wants to be traded. Can someone tell me what happened with that.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 9th, 2003, 9:15 PM
Vince Carter..Great Talent. Big Baby.

Vince Carter= The Randy Moss of the Nba.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 9th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I say The Raptors trade back to get their draft pick because we're going down the shitter and we better get something out of playing this bad.

By the way I was away last week and this was right after Vince supposedly made the statement about how he wants to be traded. Can someone tell me what happened with that.

Umm, Im not sure but I know that Vince never said that he wants to be traded and Im positive about that. There was only the rumor where Carter would be traded to Cleveland but that ended up being only a rumor.

Dont the Raps have a draft pick?

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 12th, 2003, 2:56 AM
Hehe.. The Knicks Lost.. Go Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We are now tied for 6th place in the east..Not Bad

The old man missed alot of layups, but his #'s were still good 23 points, 10 boards, some assists..He still can bring it..

Big
January 12th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Knicks still rock...oh well..maybe not. :(

Big
January 12th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Whats up with Quentin Richardson? Last year he was like awesome this year he's doing horrible, and it isnt just because of injuries either.

Also...Dallas had trouble holding off the Clips tonight, pretty wild, huh? Clippers are doin much better :D Brand is awesome...

And you canadians will be happy, the Raptors snapped the losing streak by beating the t-wolves! Mo-Pete led teh Raptors with 20 points.

Anyone else think Iverson isn't as good as everyone hypes up? I think he's far from the place where McGrady, Kobe, and Pierce are.

And thats enough of my short ramblings for now.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 13th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Ya, the Raps still Rule

Big
January 13th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Anyone ever notice that Ben Wallace is awesome? He's mammouth.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 14th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Does anyone find it unbelieveable that if the wiz win tommorow against the raps they will be tied for 4th PLACE overall in the east?

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 14th, 2003, 1:25 AM
But the Wiz wont win tomorrow because they wont have Stack in their lineup. HAHA feel the wrath of the injury bug. Cause Im getting sick and annoyed with it. Seriously I have never seen a team so dam injured. I mean we played good with our team last game, youll think we can come back and get another win. Then today I hear that Lindsey and Jeffreys are injured and wont play vs. the Wiz. I mean cmon its pathetic, a guy goes down every game. We were forced to sign another NBDL player otherwise we wouldnt have had enough players to play the game. And will Vince ever get back? dam

Big
January 15th, 2003, 1:26 AM
I thought they were originally rumors, but don't expect Carter to hang around Toronto much more longer. I say hed be traded to Seattle, Houston, or Boston.
Knicks got revenge against the Bulls! Yay!
Greatest player of the night gotta be Tim Duncan with almost a triple double tonight, 38 points, 16 or somethin boards, 9 assists.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 15th, 2003, 3:24 AM
The Freakin Raptors beat my wizards. That was sad. :(

P.S I think Me and 4 of my friends could have beat the raptors tonite. Seriously, they were playing jabronies and they beat the wiz! Someone kill me.

AlphaBean
January 16th, 2003, 4:38 AM
Vince Carter..Great Talent. Big Baby.

Vince Carter= The Randy Moss of the Nba.

Sorry, but for the past five years Moss has been making plays and getting stats, never missing a game. Not one game. And this is football, full contact football, and he's 6'4 203 lbs frail, but Vince. Vince hasn't played in a long, long time, and even when he played... he didn't play. :nono: Don't make the comparison plz. It hurts my feelings.

PS:

AHAHAHA VOTE DIRK IN THE ALLSTAR GAME :rofl: (http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/3590074.html)

Nevermind
January 16th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by AlphaBean
Sorry, but for the past five years Moss has been making plays and getting stats, never missing a game. Not one game. And this is football, full contact football, and he's 6'4 203 lbs frail, but Vince. Vince hasn't played in a long, long time, and even when he played... he didn't play. :nono: Don't make the comparison plz. It hurts my feelings.

PS:

AHAHAHA VOTE DIRK IN THE ALLSTAR GAME :rofl: (http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/3590074.html)
Other differences :

- Vince isn't always acting like a complete jerk.
- Vince isn't a criminal. :nono:

AlphaBean
January 17th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Nevermind
Other differences :

- Vince isn't always acting like a complete jerk.
- Vince isn't a criminal. :nono:

- Moss only makes ESPN when he acts like a jerk, which is not always, in fact it's a lot less than always. In fact, he only had one incident this year, and it was an issue that was dropped for CLEARLY being entrapment. Take away the one stupid traffic cop trying to get into the news, and what do you have? ZERO instances of acting like a jerk.

- Okay sure, Moss is a criminal, but no worse than Damon Stoudamire.

Weed :yes: Randy Moss kills little girls, because he smokes weed.

As for the traffic bs, it was bs, so bs. :cool:

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 17th, 2003, 2:20 AM
Call me crazy, But I think Alphabean is Randy Moss's illegitmate love child.

AlphaBean
January 17th, 2003, 3:30 AM
I just gotta represent. I'm tired of the bad rap he gets in the national media, because nobody sees any of the good he does.

It's like Jesse Ventura. The national media portrays him as this unbelievable God of politics, when he destroyed Minnesota's economy and wrought havoc on our education etc., but you guys... yall think Jesse's a good person and Randy's a bastard. :nono: Just take it from me. Randy's not that bad, and Jesse's nowhere near that good. :yes:

Now back to NBA. What will happen when Yao and Shaq collide? Shaq will beat the shit out of Yao I think, because he's threatened, and he's a big fat sore loser who will say "it's all part of the game, and I hate chinks anyway."

Big
January 17th, 2003, 4:34 PM
Yao goes down tonight with an injury. Shaqs gonna abuse him. End of Ming dynasty.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 17th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Shaq is racist? What did he say? I missed it.. Anyways, lakers will win against rockets. Their reaching their peak playing level. I smell trouble.

THE WHOLE Fn SHOW
January 18th, 2003, 2:04 AM
Man, Rockets have a good team. I love how Phoenix is playing too. 2 Teams that were pretty good last year but missed the playoffs, both got into the lottery, and pick up 2 rookies that re-energize their team.

Thinking about it, the Raps need to get to the lottery. It will make them much stronger for the next few seasons to come. But still hoping for a miracle for this season, they are not out of it yet

Percussion
January 18th, 2003, 8:46 PM
Yao goes down tonight with an injury. Shaqs gonna abuse him. End of Ming dynasty.

HA,

Shaq is racist? What did he say? I missed it.. Anyways, lakers will win against rockets. Their reaching their peak playing level. I smell trouble.

HA.

EL-ASSO-WIPO
January 20th, 2003, 3:44 AM
The refs GAVE the rockets that game and dont even try and say they didnt.. Flagrant foul on Francis? MY ASS.. I hate the lakers but that was an awful call.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 1:33 AM
Just wondering, If you were a GM of any team, what trades/moves would you make? (Realistic ones, not like Kobe/ SHaq for Olden Polynice/Steve Kerr)

Bluegunn
January 22nd, 2003, 2:00 AM
Nuggets should just trade Camby for someone like Vin Baker.

Nevermind
January 22nd, 2003, 12:19 PM
Question : who was the last NBA player to record a quadruple-double in a game?

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 3:07 PM
Wilt The Stilt, I believe. Or was he the first? Maybe he was the only!

Nevermind
January 22nd, 2003, 3:31 PM
From what I know (found), 4 players recorded at least one quadruple double. Wilt Chamberlain isn't one of them.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 10:15 PM
oh wait, I was thinking of something else. Nate Thurmond was the first.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 10:16 PM
David Robinson was the last.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 10:19 PM
Wilt Chamberlain did the triple double double. 20+ in 3 categories.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 10:23 PM
Nate Thurmond: 22 points, 14 boards, 13 assists, 12 blocks,
Alvin Roberston: 20 points 11 boards, 10 assists, 10 steals,
Hakeem Olajuwan: 18 points 16 boards 10 assists 11 blocks,
David Robinson 34 points, 10 boards, 10 assists 10 blocks.

Thats the list, in order. 2 were Spurs players(Roberton and Robinson).

Also....I got this off a site:
Since Steals and Blocked Shots stats weren't kept before the 1973-74 season, I'm sure
there would be several more players on this list. In 1967-68, Wilt Chamberlain averaged
24.3 points, 23.8 rebounds, and led the league in assists with 8.6 per game. He also
played 46.8 minutes per game, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to have gotten 10
assists and 10 blocked shots in the same game. In 1966-67, Bill Russell averaged 13.3
points, 21.0 rebounds, and 5.8 assists. He could easily have gotten 10 blocks in several
games. Alvin Robertson probably isn't the only guard to do it. In Oscar Robertson's first
5 seasons, he played in 384 games, averaging 30.3 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 10.6 assists
in 44.4 minutes per game! It would be hard for me to believe that a very quick guard like
him who averaged a triple-double for 5 years couldn't get 10 steals a few times. And Nate
Thurmond was 33 years old when he got the most impressive quadruple-double on the list.
How many other times did he do it when he was younger?

So chances are, Wilt DID get a Quad-Double, just wasn't recorded. Man, if Wilt was only around nowadays, Fantasy NBA would rock so much more.

Big
January 22nd, 2003, 10:40 PM
Lee Nailon should play for the knicks, damnit. Houston should be point, Nailon and Spree SG/SF and Othella at PF and Thomas at C with Eisley or Spoon at 6th.

Big
January 30th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Damn Knicks....lost to Miami 82 to 80.

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 4:04 PM
See how people are hating on Carter cus he didnt give Jordan his spot?

Well the fans voted for Carter. If they wanted Jordan to play he would gotten the votes.

They want to see Carter over Jordan, face it kids.

Jordan dissed Carter, why should he give him his spot, after Jordan has been a dick to him.

Carter got the votes, Jordan didn't. Face it MEDIA.

MTR
February 1st, 2003, 4:08 PM
I agree to a point. They should lay off Carter about not wanting to give up his spot. But at the same time Carter is an ass. Carter has only played 10 games and I think the fans should have taken that into account when voting. I would rather see players having a great seasons in there instead of someone who is a great player but hardly played due to injury. Not really Carter's fault he got voted in and he does not have to give it up but he is still an ass anyway it goes.

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 4:15 PM
Carter isnt an ass, hes a really nice guy, people were dissing him before because he was too nice.

Carter was voted, because he is entertaining. Fans wanna see an exciting game, and Carter can make a game exciting.

MTR
February 1st, 2003, 4:21 PM
The point of the game in my view is to see the current best players in the league showcase their talents. To me someone that has only played 10 games can not be considered one of the best up to this point in the season. He might not be an ass but he is not the nicest in the world. He has an ego and I don't always like his attitude.

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 4:39 PM
The point of an All-Star game in my opinion is somthing to be enjoyed, with awesome moves.

Which Vince Carter is great at.

They wanna see a good game, as do I. So thats Carter is playing.

Matthew
February 1st, 2003, 7:04 PM
The All Star game is to see the season's best work together in a star-attended event.

Carter hasn't done anything to impress me this year, so he wouldn't be in my lineup

The_shad
February 1st, 2003, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by JeromeHolyfield112
See how people are hating on Carter cus he didnt give Jordan his spot?

Well the fans voted for Carter. If they wanted Jordan to play he would gotten the votes.

They want to see Carter over Jordan, face it kids.

Jordan dissed Carter, why should he give him his spot, after Jordan has been a dick to him.

Carter got the votes, Jordan didn't. Face it MEDIA.

Um, what, pray tell, has Jordan said about or to Carter that has been dickish? All I've heard Jordan say about Carter and this incident sounded quite understanding to me. :confused:

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew
The All Star game is to see the season's best work together in a star-attended event.

Maybe but then Jordan wouldnt be a starter anyway. But the fact is the fans want to see Carter, not Jordan, but Carter.

The_shad, since Carter's North Carolina days, Jordan been dissing on Carter, sayin Carter will never be a all time great, and he's overrated and all this shit.

The_shad
February 1st, 2003, 9:03 PM
The_shad, since Carter's North Carolina days, Jordan been dissing on Carter, sayin Carter will never be a all time great, and he's overrated and all this shit.

Hmmm, well, Jordan might have something against Carter (we all have favorites and least favorites, even the stars), but I think this might be because of something else. Jordan is quite well known to start dicussion with other players on the floor and, in turn, it gets them off their game. Since Jordan is so good, he doesn't get affected by it at all. He doesn't lose his concentration and if he does, it doesn't show. He did that in his prime and he still does it now. He dismantled a charging Nuggets team alone by starting little discussions (no big task, I know, but it's stuill a whole team). This may just be taking it one step further.

And Bluegunn, I wouldn't like that trade. I'm a Nuggets fan (one of 3 left in the world... oops, 2. One just kickmed the bucket) and Camby has a lot to contribute to the team (does his contract expire this season?). But I've grown a strong dislike, a hatred if you will, for Baker (mostly stemming from fantasy sports). i'd rather take the chance that he doesn't resign and we get nothing than to trade him off and never see what he might have brought to the Nuggets in future seasons. I mean, really, it isn't like we have much to lose anyway. :lol: :yes: The youth of this world is our key. :yes:

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 9:33 PM
But still why would Carter offer Jordan his spot after all the shit Jordan said to him.

The_shad
February 1st, 2003, 9:52 PM
But still why would Carter offer Jordan his spot after all the shit Jordan said to him.

That is true. But the thing about this whole situation is that people like Jordan. He may be the most popular NBA player of all time. And when Carter commented on not offering his spot to Jordan, they sided with Jordan. Carter did come off as a bit of an ass in his comments:

"Some of you guys say I shouldn't be there," he said. "That's fine, but I think I owe it to the fans to be out there on that starting lineup, for one, because they voted me in with the amount of games that I played.

"And then to really say, 'Thanks, but no thanks.' Once again, that's a slap in the face to the fans. I might as well not show up then, in my opinion."

In all reality, Carter doesn't compete with Jordan's popularity now and he may never be able to. He's still a great player. It's all more a political issue and I'm sure it'll come to pass. But, looking back, he would have been better off saying "No comment".

Personally, I'd like to see Jordan start. He was my sole source of NBA entertainment in the dark days of the Nuggets (see 11-71 season). My highlight of that whole year was when the 11-71 Nuggets beat the 71-11 Bulls. :lol: :yes: But as much as I'd like to see Jordan start, these others beat him out fair and square. I take it as a compliment on McGrady's and Iverson's parts for offering Jordan their spots than a spot on Carter's. I like the former 2 just a bit more now because of it, but I'm still cool with Carter (especially since he plays in Toronto :D).

JeromeHolyfield112
February 1st, 2003, 10:01 PM
The-Shad, the fans voted Carter over Michael Jordan, the media is making it seem like the fans want MJ to start, but in all reality if they wanted Jordan to start, we would of gotten the votes.

Fans wanted to see Carter more then MJ it's as simple as that. It's not a slap to the face to the fans, it's a slap in the face to MJ for being the prick he was being to Carter.

Good for you Carter, dont let the haters bring you down.