PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2020 (or 21?) Thread

Romford Pele
June 14th, 2021, 4:28 AM
Noticed there wasn't a thread yet so starting one.

What has everyone made of it so far?

First off, great that Eriksen is recovering - that was just awful.

On the football itself, Italy look unusually free flowing, thought they were excellent against Turkey and the Netherlands/Ukraine match was a cracker (that Ukraine first goal, oof)

England actually won and we should hopefully get out of the group - but facing one of (likely) Germany, France or Portugal looks tough. But you never know.

Scotland v Czech today, how you feeling Scottish fans?

Badger
June 14th, 2021, 3:37 PM
What a finish for that second goal though why Marshall was out that far is beyond me. You lot will probably tank us on Friday.

Caito
June 14th, 2021, 5:13 PM
Poland let me down

Romford Pele
June 15th, 2021, 4:33 AM
What a finish for that second goal though why Marshall was out that far is beyond me. You lot will probably tank us on Friday.

I think you'll play better than that against us - will probably a very scrappy game and if we win will only be by a goal or two. You just seemed to lack a cutting edge up front, if you had that I think you could have got something from it.

Hero!
June 15th, 2021, 11:29 AM
leggo portugal

but you gotta play at the same time as Nintendo's E3 conference?

Hero!
June 15th, 2021, 1:46 PM
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTUGAL

Hero!
June 15th, 2021, 1:50 PM
Hahahaha have another one. Ronallllllllllllllddo

Romford Pele
June 15th, 2021, 4:02 PM
Germany look shite. Will batter us though

KayBur
June 16th, 2021, 2:59 AM
Who do you think will be the champion at Euro 2020? I lean towards England, Germany and Portugal. But Croatia and the Czech Republic can still surprise us, I would not underestimate them.

Romford Pele
June 16th, 2021, 4:50 AM
France. Insanely strong first 11 and squad, very impressive performance last night against Germany. It's theirs to lose.

Ringo
June 17th, 2021, 4:00 AM
Hard to see anyone beating France imo. But Italy have looked fucking good so far.

Romford Pele
June 17th, 2021, 7:50 AM
Italy do look strong, I think France have the depth though scary squad.

Romford Pele
June 18th, 2021, 7:13 AM
Big big game tonight, who's nervous then?

I do expect England to win, but it will be close I reckon.

Murphy
June 18th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Really looking forward to it. Going to my mum's to watch it because I'm fucking cool. :cool:

I'll go 3-1, but I'm not ruling anything out! Scotland looked half decent against the Czechs.

_me
June 18th, 2021, 1:16 PM
England 1-0. Scots play for a point but give up one.

Badger
June 18th, 2021, 4:50 PM
We’ll take that! Much better!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 19th, 2021, 4:22 AM
Intensely frustrating match to watch. Not going to be overly critical of the team because Scotland were always going to give us a game plus the supporters... just seemed to lack a clue upfront which is worrying when one is "the best striker in the world" (Kane) and the other appears to be irreplaceable (Sterling). Lacked any real movement or thought. And I felt the subs where the wrong people (Foden, really? Not Sterling or Mount?)

If the full backs got swapped after the Croatia game, think its time folk like Calvert-Lewin and Sancho get at least 45 mins in the Czech game and, as much as it pains me, Grealish likely starting.

Hero!
June 19th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Ronaldo ❤️

Hero!
June 19th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Own Goal is the MVP of this tournament

Percussion
June 19th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Hahaha, Portugal find the back of the net 3 times to fall behind 2-1..

Hero!
June 19th, 2021, 12:54 PM
It’s a conspiracy. The ball and the net are working against us.

Hero!
June 19th, 2021, 1:10 PM
Ah, fuck

Percussion
June 19th, 2021, 1:21 PM
Gosens all alone all match..

Hero!
June 19th, 2021, 1:58 PM
Well, it was a fun game at least

Romford Pele
June 21st, 2021, 4:44 AM
So Italy and Wales first 2 teams officially through (though Netherlands are too). Thought Italy looked very good again, even with the changes they made.

Will be interesting how they play against one of the big boys, but you would have to consider them one of the favourites based on what we have seen.

I still think France are the team to beat, despite the draw with Hungary.

Romford Pele
June 23rd, 2021, 4:27 AM
Hoping for a shock win from Hungary so we play them next round. Last night was better, Grealish looked a threat, as did Saka. I don't know what Sancho needs to do to get a run out though.

We are probably going to have to find another level to get to the latter stages here.

Murphy
June 23rd, 2021, 5:03 AM
5pm kick off on Tuesday is a bit shit.

Might watch the first half at work and then leg it home.

Better first half last night, for sure.

Caito
June 23rd, 2021, 6:37 AM
I’m actively rooting for Spain to lose.

Not cuz I care about Spain or Slovakia, but the gambling is much more ludicrous if Slovakia wins or levels.

Chris
June 23rd, 2021, 4:37 PM
This is class tonight. The table keeps changing. Just when it looked like Germany were back in it, Hungary are ahead again.

Percussion
June 23rd, 2021, 4:42 PM
Such a fun, hectic last hour or so..

Percussion
June 23rd, 2021, 4:45 PM
90 min fight to the death, this group..

Hero!
June 23rd, 2021, 5:19 PM
portugal through bayyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hero!
June 23rd, 2021, 5:43 PM
Fucking Belgium next rd ugh

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2021, 4:13 AM
Cracking night of football, especially the late games.

This is not a great German side, we are at home so we have to knock them out at some point right? :)

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 2:02 PM
Some pumping by Denmark there. New sentimental favourites! Still fair play to Wales for doing something us Scots haven’t done by making it to the knockouts.

PS if it ends up right or wrong, VAR is always a good toilet break opportunity.

Breck Losner
June 26th, 2021, 2:37 PM
Southgate better play Saka over Slim Shady on Tuesday. I bet it goes to Pks and they lose.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 2:42 PM
Germany are pants. I think you guys will probably take it 1-0 or 2-1 in normal time. At worst an extra time win. Pens would be shocking for both sides.

They got pushed to the brink by Hungary of all teams.

Murphy
June 26th, 2021, 4:01 PM
Yeah, but this is the knockouts and it's England and Germany. Different kettle of fish entirely.

This game has been great fun.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 4:26 PM
Yeah, but this is the knockouts and it's England and Germany. Different kettle of fish entirely.

This game has been great fun.

Not denying that and it will be chaotic but based on the performances so far, on paper you guys should get them in normal time though in practise it can all be different.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 4:28 PM
So close Austria!

Heck of a game this!

_me
June 26th, 2021, 4:34 PM
Just goes to show a 0-0 game can still be good

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 4:40 PM
I hate VAR. So much effort and nitpicking taking the steam out of the game and 7 out of 10 times they end up getting it wrong.

Human error with refs and they’re not infallible but yeah still hate it. I’d rather the human error than wasting 5-10 mins pouring over footage with it being wrong a lot of the time. It’s not the tools but the people who use them.

_me
June 26th, 2021, 4:52 PM
I want VAR but with pretty firm rules. ½-speed replay at the slowest and 30s maximum. If you can't tell by that, just let it stand.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 5:02 PM
I want VAR but with pretty firm rules. ½-speed replay at the slowest and 30s maximum. If you can't tell by that, just let it stand.

If they brought it out for something that absolutely needed it then yeah in case of emergency break glass. But even in innocuous situations they bring it out and it’s not perfect.

Yeah it should be in only absolute situations and again it depends on the people. They bring it in this for every offside, pen, foul etc and disrupts the flow and not foolproof. It’s the speed and people using the tools more than the tools itself I think.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 5:21 PM
Bit harsh on Austria this.

Tbh no-one is standing out as favourites in this tourney here.

Tyson
June 26th, 2021, 7:51 PM
My maternal grandparents are Swiss and German, would love to see Switzerland finally win a major trophy.

Badger
June 26th, 2021, 8:05 PM
My maternal grandparents are Swiss and German, would love to see Switzerland finally win a major trophy.

Mostly my second team as my Dad’s biological dad was Swiss-Germanic but he died when he was 10 so Swiss-Germanic connection loose and just in my surname really.

But yeah Swiss are not much better than Scots. Much as I’d love them to, always a groupie team but never a bride.

Dreyski
June 27th, 2021, 2:01 PM
Did not see that coming.

Hero!
June 27th, 2021, 4:56 PM
Lame

Romford Pele
June 28th, 2021, 4:42 AM
Always good to see Ronaldo sad. Belgium/Italy hopefully will be a cracker.

Starting to get nervous for tomorrow already!

Percussion
June 28th, 2021, 4:42 PM
The floodgates have opened today haven't they..

Chris
June 28th, 2021, 4:54 PM
What a day. A classic between Spain and Croatia. That own goal was ludicrous. Just turned over from Wimbledon to find it 3-3 between France and Switzerland. Mental.

I fear Germany vs England will be a drab 1-0 affair after all the hype.

Badger
June 28th, 2021, 5:46 PM
Holy shit, well done Tobleroners!!!

Percussion
June 28th, 2021, 5:47 PM
The weight Mbappe must feel right now..

Tyson
June 28th, 2021, 11:52 PM
What a win by the Swiss. Holy fuck…

KayBur
June 29th, 2021, 6:09 AM
Ukraine barely made it to 1/8. Do you think they have a chance against Sweden? This championship is somewhat unpredictable.

Murphy
June 29th, 2021, 6:23 AM
Best two games of the tournament yesterday so far, hands down.

Stating the bloody obvious, but still.

Wide open is this tournament. Love it!

Romford Pele
June 29th, 2021, 8:30 AM
Those 2 games yesterday sheesh....am excited/nervous but its the hope that kills you right

_me
June 29th, 2021, 10:27 AM
After yesterday, I am fully expecting 0 goals in both games today.

Romford Pele
June 29th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Here we go!

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 1:31 PM
Well done Sterling, had him scoring on my coupon.

Game definitely needed a spark!

MTR
June 29th, 2021, 1:34 PM
Nice build up to that goal.

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 1:38 PM
Now that’s a let off. Muller should have buried that.

MTR
June 29th, 2021, 1:39 PM
Yeah he should have. England can't take it easy.

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 1:43 PM
Kane on my coupon as well!

MTR
June 29th, 2021, 1:43 PM
Glad I decided to catch the end of this game during my lunch break. :) Another great goal.

Hero!
June 29th, 2021, 1:57 PM
Bastard english

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 2:07 PM
Had Kane and Sterling to have at least one shot on target each with England winning. Extra bet if Sterling got another shot on target.

The Sterling part was completed but gave up all hope on Kane a few minutes towards the end. Went for a pish then heard the roar and hurried back and Kane scored. That’s the trick when hope is down, go for a pish and hope something happens! :lol:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 29th, 2021, 2:22 PM
My soul left my body when Muller went through....

...I think it's back now but I'm not sure.

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 2:38 PM
My soul left my body when Muller went through....

...I think it's back now but I'm not sure.

Try being Scottish because that’s what every international fixture is like watching them and not just football.

TraXX
June 29th, 2021, 2:44 PM
I didn't celebrate Kane's goal at all. It took the German's kicking off again for it to register with me.

Tonight is going to be fun at work.

Badger
June 29th, 2021, 3:43 PM
Sweden/Ukraine is a sleeper match here.

Tyson
June 29th, 2021, 6:41 PM
Gut wrenching way to lose…

Romford Pele
June 30th, 2021, 4:23 AM
Fuck that was fun. We beat Germany, finally!

Grealish was great when he came on. Sterling was excellent. Hopefully Kane is off and running now.

Percussion
June 30th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Belgium
Switzerland
England
Czech

_me
July 1st, 2021, 8:54 PM
Chalk is boring but I think this round is chalk. No De Bruyne and no Hazard is too much for Belgium to overcome. I can't believe I am going to say this…Granit Xhaka missing the game is going to really hurt his team. England is so disciplined right now I don't think Ukraine score. Denmark, Czech is a toss up. Going with the good vibes for Eriksen.

Italy
Spain
England
Denmark

Romford Pele
July 2nd, 2021, 7:29 AM
Id take that.

Percussion
July 2nd, 2021, 3:56 PM
The anticipation shown by the Italians has been almost supernatural. It's like, barring the penalty of course, they're reading the Belgians minds.

_me
July 2nd, 2021, 3:59 PM
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1411045894716276743

Badger
July 2nd, 2021, 5:43 PM
It’s Italy what do you expect?

Switzerland were really unlucky as Spain were pish. Just bottled it in that shoot-out.

_me
July 2nd, 2021, 6:22 PM
Italy were so likable going into this game. Then they just went back to their roots and pulled out all the time wasting tricks

Romford Pele
July 3rd, 2021, 8:13 AM
I loved it. Though of course if they do that v England...

_me
July 3rd, 2021, 10:50 AM
I really don't understand/can't stand the celebration of it either. I almost hate that worse than the team doing it. I get why the team is doing it even if I hate it. They need to win they game.

But why would any fan of the sport support it? It is horrible to watch and makes everyone look bad.

Badger
July 3rd, 2021, 12:44 PM
Superb play by Denmark here, especially that second goal!

Assuming England get through and pretty certain they should, Denmark will give them a fight. After the tragedy of the first game, they’ve really stepped it up.

Dreyski
July 3rd, 2021, 4:58 PM
Denmark and Spain are a coin flip vs England. Against Italy I'd give us one chance in three.

_me
July 3rd, 2021, 5:22 PM
That's very fair. But I do give Spain a better chance of beating Italy than I would for England.

Badger
July 3rd, 2021, 7:39 PM
Spain have been inconsistent and barely scraped through because the Swiss bottled it on the shoot-out. Italy should get them.

Denmark will put up a fight but leaning on England beating them. Could easily see that one going to ET/pens.

Signs pointing to England vs Italy final for me.

Tyson
July 3rd, 2021, 8:28 PM
:me watching with curiosity, as desperate England fans are so fucking close to a championship that they can taste it:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 4th, 2021, 2:58 AM
If we beat Denmark, who are the underdogs left in fighting for their stricken teammate... We'll never win eurovision again.

If Spain beat Italy I'd be more excited... The Italians have been by far the most consistent and impressive team all across the pitch. England will have to step it up against them like they did Germany... But another level. Else we'll lose 1-0.

Still, happy to be in the semis.. I think the expectation is the final now but Denmark are impressing so... There's no easy games.

Chris
July 4th, 2021, 4:59 AM
I love how Shaw is making Mourinho eat his words after the on-going campaign of criticism.

Romford Pele
July 5th, 2021, 4:20 AM
Fuck me, what a performance and result that was. I know Ukraine are no great shakes, but still. Was really impressed by the performance and ruthlessness of the players. So many England teams would have shat themselves at 1-0 and dropped deeper and deeper. The players didnt panic at all.

Luke Shaw looks a different player, what a performance he should have for MOTM.

Going to be a tougher game against Denmark, but at home and in form I would still back us to win that one.

Murphy
July 5th, 2021, 6:29 AM
I love how Shaw is making Mourinho eat his words after the on-going campaign of criticism.

:yesyes:

Romford Pele
July 7th, 2021, 4:02 AM
Great game last night. Whoever plays Italy is in for a tough game, thats for sure.

Who is nervous already then?!

Murphy
July 7th, 2021, 10:28 AM
Aye, I'm more anxious than I am excited. Ridiculous, really.

I'll deffo have an alcoholic beverage before kick-off.

Caito
July 7th, 2021, 11:10 AM
I’m rooting for you lads today.

Mostly for Beefy and BBF

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 11:56 AM
I am rooting against the lads.

BOOO ENGISHLAND

jk, Portuguese and English have been allies for like 800 years, kick some ass, my brothers :heart:

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 3:31 PM
Fucking strike!

Hope that’ll shut up the biased commentators for a while at least. :lol:

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 3:40 PM
That didn’t last long! Still bangin game though!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 7th, 2021, 3:48 PM
I FEEL SICK

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 4:07 PM
I FEEL SICK

https://media.tenor.com/images/053fe3df845e86fad1b12b3c0e6cb2fe/tenor.gif

Percussion
July 7th, 2021, 4:10 PM
Really like to see England be more direct in their attack. Find Sterling or Kane quickly and work runs off of that. Trust Rice and Phillips to cover ground and disrupt in recovery.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 4:12 PM
Both keepers are men of the match for me so far. Kept both of them in it.

Be veeery interesting if this goes to pens.

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 5:24 PM
What a dive. Wow.

Dreyski
July 7th, 2021, 5:24 PM
Scrappy. I'll take it. :scared:

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 5:35 PM
For Kane’s sake, thank God for that rebound because that pen was shit!

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 5:36 PM
Wow.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 7th, 2021, 5:38 PM
And breathe....

Romford Pele
July 7th, 2021, 5:40 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss

Dreyski
July 7th, 2021, 5:49 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Still sticking with our 1 in 3 chance against the Italians.

Dreyski
July 7th, 2021, 5:51 PM
If anyone can post a gif of Phillips' backheel, I'd be most grateful.

Fella was channeling Socrates there.

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 5:53 PM
Let’s go Italianos Paisanos spaghetti sauce and Parmesan or whatever it is you like.

JuveLeo
July 7th, 2021, 6:53 PM
Robbery!

Peter Griffin
July 7th, 2021, 6:57 PM
Let’s go Italianos Paisanos spaghetti sauce and Parmesan or whatever it is you like.

Salty salty with extra salt, Love you :lol:

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 7:09 PM
Salty salty with extra salt, Love you :lol:

you’re forcing me to root for the Italians. I feel dirty. I’m sick. I hate this.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 7:12 PM
Peter and other fans and media probably had more salt spill through on the wank they had tonight.

Caito
July 7th, 2021, 7:14 PM
Let them have tonight. It may come crashing down on Sunday.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 7:19 PM
Let them have tonight. It may come crashing down on Sunday.

It’s more the media that probably won’t fucking shut up because they still quote 1966 ad nauseum. The fans are perfectly entitled but dreading the media.

Caito
July 7th, 2021, 7:20 PM
Imagine how much it’ll be brought up Sunday

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 7:21 PM
I hear Italy are bringing out the big guns to stop england

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/MarioSportsSuperstars.jpg

Caito
July 7th, 2021, 7:23 PM
I’m gonna have to check the sports books to see who is favored and by how much

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 7:24 PM
Imagine how much it’ll be brought up Sunday

The cringy work Whatsapp “OMG you buying your Italy strips for Sunday???” is bad enough

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 1:37 AM
Dry your eyes mate.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 8th, 2021, 3:21 AM
Oh boy.

I mean, it wasn't a penalty.. well, Peter Walton says he's was upper-body checked rather than legs (which is where most were looking) but I doubt the ref give it for a hip bump. And it was a fucking criminal attempt at a penalty. In a shootout I'd have cried - during the game, rebounds are great.

England were objectively the better team but the lack of finishing (or anyone being in the box most of the fucking time) is frustrating. Felt they constantly looked for the "Hollywood ball" rather than just rolling it to someone simply in that final third and that won't work against decent teams.

You also may have noticed how crosses don't work Vs tall people, it's a weird thing I'm sure someone should have picked up on but when you have Lurch in at the back you're not going to win the header, not even Kane.

Do I feel awful for the Danes? Absolutely. If they'd have dived (I mean, for a penalty, not the others they were doing around the pitch - like when they took a time-out and then made 3 subs to slow down England who were pressuring them) for a penalty that knocked us out, I'd be raging. So yeah, some double standards but fuck off, that's football - it either goes your way and you ignore it or it doesn't and you're seething. To pretend this hypocrisy doesn't apply to ALL teams/fans is borderline moronic (mainly aimed at Social Media responses from bitter rivals)... so.. yeah, I'll take it for a ticket to the final.

Saying that, I remember the World Cup when Croatia (.....how could I forget) got to the final and the French, for a period, battered them - I have images of that, given the Italian's prowess so far but on the other hand... you need to dream.... We can stifle the Italians if we can hold the midfield - but we didn't hold it Vs the Danish so... who knows.

Romford Pele
July 8th, 2021, 4:23 AM
Fucking get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Penalty was very soft, but we have been robbed so many times in the past you take it. I think it will take a monumental effort to beat the Italians, but fuck it we are in the final!

Romford Pele
July 8th, 2021, 4:23 AM
It’s more the media that probably won’t fucking shut up because they still quote 1966 ad nauseum. The fans are perfectly entitled but dreading the media.

I bet Mike Hunt has already bought an Italy shirt.

KayBur
July 8th, 2021, 5:18 AM
What do you think about the ending? Both teams are good and worthy of victory. I am a little more sympathetic to the Italian national team, although I have no negative attitude towards the England national team. On Sunday we will find out who the champion is!

Romford Pele
July 8th, 2021, 5:48 AM
Arise Sir Gareth!

Murphy
July 8th, 2021, 6:19 AM
Glad I had beers last night, that's all I'm saying.

Learned that lesson watching England and Colombia in 2018!

No idea what to expect on Sunday. A football match, I suppose.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 7:50 AM
I was sober :cry:

Won't be on Sunday though :hyper:

Murphy
July 8th, 2021, 10:28 AM
No idea what I'll do Sunday!

:hyper:

Caito
July 9th, 2021, 5:30 PM
I’m playing golf

Percussion
July 11th, 2021, 2:37 PM
The England lineup looks like Southgate is playing for penalties from the get-go.

Chris
July 11th, 2021, 3:07 PM
Delighted for Shaw after the tournament he’s had.

Peter Griffin
July 11th, 2021, 3:09 PM
The England lineup looks like Southgate is playing for penalties from the get-go.

:lol:

Percussion
July 11th, 2021, 4:00 PM
Honestly didn't have the utmost confidence that they'd execute pushing forward so aggressively on the counter with the formation built for such a defensive posture.

Couldn't be happier to see it though.

Hero!
July 11th, 2021, 4:30 PM
SPAGHETTI SAUCE

Percussion
July 11th, 2021, 6:04 PM
I don't care how good Sancho or Rashford may be at taking pens, to bring them on with seconds to spare in extratime for their first and only touches to be penalties of this magnitude, that's just a tough call to make.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 11th, 2021, 6:08 PM
Feel bad for Saka because he's 19 and that is fucking pressure... But no sympathy for rashford or sancho... Dancing up and then missing.. It doesnt look good.

Overall I think it was a fair result. We got absolutely battered for parts of the game and probably fortunate not to lose in 90mins. Saying that, proud of the team and looking forward to the world cup.

Hero!
July 11th, 2021, 6:57 PM
Ronaldo gets the Golden Boot. What a guy!

Romford Pele
July 12th, 2021, 2:58 AM
Man another shootout loss. Pretty poor that a 19 year old has the balls to take a pen when likes of Sterling and Grealish dont.

Chris
July 12th, 2021, 6:38 AM
England looked ready for half-time when it came and were on the ropes soon after. They did well not to concede more than one, but it’s strange that Southgate is so slow to use his substitutes. They might have asked more questions of the Italian defence if the likes of Grealish and Rashford were brought on much earlier. The better team won and England were a bit lucky to get past Denmark anyway. I get the whole rallying behind the team and looking at the positives, but in the cold light of day Rashford’s approach to the penalty was really stupid.

For all the talk of how this has lifted the country and reflected the courage of players who are willing to make their voices heard against governments and powerful newspapers - and it’s gutting to see Southgate’s redemption arc fail at the last hurdle - it also reminded us of the ugly side of the fan base and the arrogance of the English press. The sense of entitlement and certainty, despite the team hardly playing well in the group stages and not really living up to its potential. Crowds throwing bottles, fighting with police and trying to storm through gates for disabled people. The immediate racial abuse of Rashford, Sancho and Saka. They’re a minority of idiots and every country has them, but it’s still a shame to see those images beamed around the world.

England have a group of decent, humble, socially conscious players and it’ll be horrible for them to carry this on their shoulders. Overall, it was a really enjoyable tournament. The Monday with Spain vs Croatia and France vs Switzerland was incredible.

Pablo Diablo
July 12th, 2021, 8:44 AM
Also the last day of the group of death was very exciting.

lotjx
July 12th, 2021, 4:09 PM
Its Coming Rome!!!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 13th, 2021, 1:24 AM
Now it's all settled down and sunk in, I have only one thought:

Some England "fans" are fucking morons. We don't deserve to win shit because I'd hate to give these knuckle dragging, fat cunt, cowardly arseholes the satisfaction of England winning anything. I'm content in my forever-missed-opportunity, football wise. I hope they are braincell wise.

Romford Pele
July 13th, 2021, 8:13 AM
I mean these people are absolute scum chav cunts who should all be locked up - no arguments there.

Lets remember though this is still a tiny minority idiots who are trying to ruin in for everyone else.