PDA

View Full Version : 2020 NFL Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

BGMaverick
March 11th, 2020, 1:53 PM
Based on the idea of the Patriots and Brady, this reads one way: Brady is good with staying but he wants to be shown appreciation. We've heard former or even current players state that Belichick isn't emphatic in terms of praising players. That works for accountability because anyone can get the wrath but it hurts in a sense that people, particularly ones that stay a long time, want to know they're valued and a vital cog. I'm sure there's a relative divide in what the Patriots are willing to spend, especially compared to reported offerings from someone like the Raiders, but I bet that divide could be made up if Belichick gives in and placates Brady in a way to makes Brady feel valued. What that is remains to be seen but I imagine it's relatively reasonable. The question then becomes does Belichick thaw his demeanor or is he good with sticking to who he is?

Fro
March 11th, 2020, 3:17 PM
In other news:

Former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has officially signed with WWE, an insider told TheWrap exclusively. The ex-NFL great is set to debut one week from Friday on the March 20 episode of Fox’s “SmackDown.” Gronk is also due to appear at April 5’s WrestleMania 36 in Tampa, Fla., the insider told TheWrap. Current plans call for that appearance to be part of a build-up to a future match. In other words, the three-time Super Bowl champion will not have a match at the Super Bowl of professional wrestling — this year, at least. The “SmackDown” debut makes sense for Gronk, who joined Fox Sports in October as an NFL analyst.

Who do you guys think he should he feud with and ultimately fight? I don't watch WWE so I have no idea.

BGMaverick
March 11th, 2020, 3:24 PM
My first guess is Baron Corbin. Second guess is Dolph Ziggler.

Caito
March 11th, 2020, 3:24 PM
Him and RTruth in a never ending 24/7 championship feud.

Rancid_Planet
March 11th, 2020, 5:07 PM
In other news:

Who do you guys think he should he feud with and ultimately fight? I don't watch WWE so I have no idea.

Doesn't matter because it will be Braun Strowman.

On the Brady side of things, I cant begin to imagine that all of this just boils down to him wanting more pats on the head from Bill. I mean I'm sure he'd like that but come on. My man wants to win more rings and he needs talent around him to do that and he wants to be told what the fucking plan is to get him some weapons.

BGMaverick
March 11th, 2020, 5:19 PM
Doesn't matter because it will be Braun Strowman.

On the Brady side of things, I cant begin to imagine that all of this just boils down to him wanting more pats on the head from Bill. I mean I'm sure he'd like that but come on. My man wants to win more rings and he needs talent around him to do that and he wants to be told what the fucking plan is to get him some weapons.

That is in part in regards to the divide I mentioned in regards to the financials for the Patriots. They're not a QB away. They need more. So if he's going to take less than what is reportedly out there on the open market for him, unless he's in a Stockholm Syndrome situation and just can't leave New England, he's going to need some positive reinforcement in addition to the resources. Maybe that's in relation to him personally or more towards saying, "take care of me with my support staff by giving me better weapons". It's all a matter of showing they value him by giving him more help rather than saying let's just marginalize you, have you be a game manager, and rely on the defense.

He's going to be treated like a deity if he goes elsewhere and he's presumably going to a situation where he thinks the weapons are a fit for him to make a run. If that's the case, he's gotta feel something of that sort with New England or he's going to feel like it's worth leaving.

Fro
March 15th, 2020, 12:05 PM
The CBA passed by a player vote of 1019 (yes) to 959 (no). That is so close. 17 games here we come.

BGMaverick
March 15th, 2020, 1:01 PM
Tennessee is close to locking up Tannehill to a multi-year extension, per ESPN.

Rancid_Planet
March 15th, 2020, 4:21 PM
https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-agree-to-multi-year-deal-with-qb-ryan-tannehill

Deal is done. 118 mil over 4 years. 62 fully guaranteed. 91 mil total guaranteed. Super well structured. He can basically be cut in the 4th year if he stinks with the guaranteed money mostly up front. And the money on the 3rd year looks to not become guaranteed if he starts the year injured.

2020 is $17.5m fully guaranteed.

2021 is $24.5m fully guaranteed.

2022 is $29m guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on 5th day of 2021 league year.

2023 is $27.5m base.

*sigh of relief*

Thank GOD.

Now Conklin...gotta tag or sign him. Then what to do with Henry.

Rancid_Planet
March 15th, 2020, 4:45 PM
The CBA passed by a player vote of 1019 (yes) to 959 (no). That is so close. 17 games here we come.

Yep

- 17 game season (not this season)
- expanded playoffs like we talked about. Only one team gets a bye. 7 teams get in AFC/NFC (This season)
- players get a bigger cut of revenue share (to 48 from 47 percent. With a possible increases to 48.8)
- preseason shorter (3 games. Starts in 2021)
- significantly less punishments for marijuana usage (no suspensions. Less testing. Higher THC levels to fail)
- higher minimum salaries
- higher spending floor
- only 4 joint practices allowed
- no more than 2.5 hours of practice in pads at full speed
- no more than 16 practice days in pads
- disciplinary cases now decided by a "neutral party" not the commish
- rosters go from 53 to 55 men (48 man game-day. Must have 8 OL)

BGMaverick
March 15th, 2020, 6:48 PM
I don't know if the Raiders noise was just noise a few weeks back but if not, it sounds like Patriots, Buccaneers, Raiders are the options for Brady. Seems like a bigger leap of faith if he went to Tampa.

Fanny Batter
March 15th, 2020, 7:05 PM
He'd have great weapons at Tampa though, and they actually looked a decent unit on the back end of the season. It's an impossible season to quantify really because it all revolved around Jameis' utter lunacy - not saying the talent isn't there with Evans and Godwin, but the stats were certainly inflated by the holes Winston put them in making the long game a neccessity. Plus, as he's certainly looking in the short term, the stadium hosting the Super Bowl at the end of the 2020 season might appeal, considering the market will pick up in the build to that for his other endeavours. I think he stays in New England though, particularly with the additional wild card spot surely guaranteeing a playoff birth even if the Bills improve. Oddly, I think he'd have left if they won it, or at least getting to the Championship game. Being a one and done after losing the bye week the way they did has almost made the Pats underdogs again, and I think he'd relish that narrative of climbing off the canvas and giving it another go.

BGMaverick
March 15th, 2020, 7:21 PM
This is how PFF ranked Tampa's O-Line last season.

7th - TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Ryan Jensen and Ali Marpet anchored the middle of this Buccaneers’ offensive line and provided some of the best pass protection that we saw from any interior offensive line this season. The guard and center positions for the Bucs combined for an 80.4 pass-blocking grade this season, ranking second among all offenses around the league. Dating back to 2015, Marpet has the 12th-highest overall grade among 55 guards with 2,500-plus snaps.

---

They'd need something more stable in terms of a running game but I guess that might be the setback they have to deal with two top-tier targets.

Percussion
March 15th, 2020, 7:50 PM
Not sure how much a Bruce Arians passing scheme would mesh with a 43 year old Tom Brady skillset/go-to passing sheme..

They're both obviously tenured af nfl vets and whatnot, it's not meant to sound alarms, but the window to learn and grow together simply isn't very big and the offensive philosophy may be a wee bit wide right off the bat.. and particularly for two dudes who are really rather entrenched in their ways.

BGMaverick
March 15th, 2020, 8:00 PM
Not sure how much a Bruce Arians passing scheme would mesh with a 43 year old Tom Brady skillset/go-to passing sheme..

They're both obviously tenured af nfl vets and whatnot, it's not meant to sound alarms, but the window to learn and grow together simply isn't very big and the offensive philosophy may be a wee bit wide right off the bat.. and particularly for two dudes who are really rather entrenched in their ways.

The scheming could be interesting, for sure, but Arians has experience with high-stature QBs (Manning, Roethlisberger). He also has experience with QBs at advanced ages (Manning, Palmer). Not a perfect marriage, by any sort, but it's possible it could be viable.

Percussion
March 15th, 2020, 8:20 PM
I was more referring to scheme and passing game philosophy more than stature or just age as a number..

BGMaverick
March 15th, 2020, 8:36 PM
I was more referring to scheme and passing game philosophy more than stature or just age as a number..

It'll be an interesting case study if it happens. Arians has shown success on offense with different teams. Brady might not be a perfect fit for what Arians likes to do but it might be in the best interest to defer in some instances...by both parties.

Percussion
March 15th, 2020, 8:57 PM
Definitely interesting if..

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 10:21 AM
Derrick Henry gets the tag.

Fro
March 16th, 2020, 10:31 AM
With all the craziness going on in the world, NFL free agency presses on (for now). I personally consider these next 3-4 days the biggest days of the offseason, but granted I'm not a nut for the draft like many people are.

The news is already flying.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 12:10 PM
Tampa apparently is now the betting favorite for Brady.

Caito
March 16th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Thank god for free agency. Something to talk about.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 12:44 PM
Austin Hooper to Cleveland looks to be close to happening.
Phillip Rivers to Indianapolis still looks like the likely connection.

Fro
March 16th, 2020, 1:08 PM
David Johnson being traded to the Texans. So we'll have Watson, Hopkins and DJ. That's a pretty good QB-WR-RB trifecta.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:14 PM
David Johnson being traded to the Texans. So we'll have Watson, Hopkins and DJ. That's a pretty good QB-WR-RB trifecta.

That could be a really really scary offense if they get even a decent TE.

Good for him, he deserves another shot

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:16 PM
That could be a really really scary offense if they get even a decent TE.

Good for him, he deserves another shot

And a line...

That said, it remains to be seen if DJ is washed or not.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:19 PM
And a line...

That said, it remains to be seen if DJ is washed or not.

I don't think he is. I am not sure he got a chance to get momentum back after getting hurt, Arizona's line has not been great either.

Now maybe Houston can try to make overtures to Lewan or draft one of the top OL

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:22 PM
I don't think he is. I am not sure he got a chance to get momentum back after getting hurt, Arizona's line has not been great either.

Now maybe Houston can try to make overtures to Lewan or draft one of the top OL

Since Houston is eating the bill entirely, they better hope he's not lol. If not, it kind of falls in line with Bill O'Brien's strategy of making fairly questionable moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Such as trading DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona...

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:23 PM
That's really insane

hithit
March 16th, 2020, 1:25 PM
Nuk to the Cards

Didn’t see BG posted it above

Fro
March 16th, 2020, 1:27 PM
Wow! Major trade. Send him to New England instead plz?

Kyler Murray just got bumped up a lot in fantasy.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:27 PM
Houston trading Hopkins and a fourth to Arizona for Johnson, a second this year and a fourth next year.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:29 PM
Houston trading Hopkins and a fourth to Arizona for Johnson, a second this year and a fourth next year.

Stunning turn of events here.

Why trade him? He's been arguably the best receiver in the AFC and top 3-4 overall.

Fro
Thoughts and prayers to all Texans fans Percussion

TimeSplitter
DeAndre Hopkins traded to the Cardinals for David Johnson and a 2nd round pick.

Wow.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:32 PM
Stunning turn of events here.

Why trade him? He's been arguably the best receiver in the AFC and top 3-4 overall.

Apparently he was going to want a new deal and BOB wasn't interested in doing that.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:35 PM
Oof, he's been putting up numbers with garbage at QB.

Now Arizona is looking like a dark horse

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:36 PM

Huh?

Arizona was likely going to look at a WR in the draft but they can probably avoid that now (unless they're going wild) and they can just focus on their lines.

Fanny Batter
March 16th, 2020, 1:39 PM
Superb. Haven't even got a first rounder for him.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:51 PM
Kind of surprised to the degree of the QB (because he seems higher than what I expected) but Chicago is talking to Bridgewater. If the money is big money, Trubisky is done as an outright starter.

Caito
March 16th, 2020, 1:52 PM

I wouldn’t call Deshaun Watson garbage.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:53 PM
I wouldn’t call Deshaun Watson garbage.

The only thing that makes sense is the QBs PRIOR to Watson.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 1:56 PM
The only thing that makes sense is the QBs PRIOR to Watson.

There it is

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 1:57 PM
Houston did Andre Johnson dirty most of his career, did the same for Hopkins until Watson came in...and now Watson is going to be the one taking the brunt of the damage.

Percussion
March 16th, 2020, 2:08 PM
Thoughts and prayers to all Texans fans Percussion

Think I've already put my thoughts out here on our pos football czar.. and so ya, more of the same..

Happy for DHop though, may he continue to shine..

Be interesting to see now how the negotiations go down between Deshaun and the king of Houston football operations..

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 2:24 PM
Kind of surprised to the degree of the QB (because he seems higher than what I expected) but Chicago is talking to Bridgewater. If the money is big money, Trubisky is done as an outright starter.

That would be weird but I would prefer that they either outright replace him or outright say he's starting.

They did that, but maybe they want to light a fire under him?

No idea, but I like Teddy

CWE
March 16th, 2020, 2:53 PM
Bill O Brien is the dumbest fucking person I've ever seen running a team. Let's trade one of the best WR in football for a RB who was in injured...

Oh, and here's a pick to make it better.

I need a fucking drink.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 2:55 PM
Unless there's a guy in the draft they are high on?

CWE
March 16th, 2020, 2:56 PM
With what pick? He got rid of those too.

CWE
March 16th, 2020, 3:00 PM
Hey, we need an injured RB, Bill. Should we sign Freeman since ATL just cut him. Might be able to get him cheap.

No, I've got a better idea.

Stupid dumb fucking shit. Can't wait for him to get fired.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 3:04 PM
That would be weird but I would prefer that they either outright replace him or outright say he's starting.

They did that, but maybe they want to light a fire under him?

No idea, but I like Teddy

Apparently Chicago is moving on, per multiple reports. They're moving on to other QB options so Trubisky's seat isn't getting any cooler.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 3:05 PM
They can trade into the first.

DJ isn't injured, Arizona was just weird after he got healthy. I am sure he can bounce back if he has any semblance of an offensive line

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Chicago is moving on, per multiple reports. They're moving on to other QB options so Trubisky's seat isn't getting any cooler.

Not liking the other options available though

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 3:09 PM
They can trade into the first.

DJ isn't injured, Arizona was just weird after he got healthy. I am sure he can bounce back if he has any semblance of an offensive line

He's 28 though, and his best days are likely behind him.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about the O-line, but then you're talking about Houston's O-line so we're back to square one.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 3:11 PM
He's a physical freak. I think he still has another 2-3 great years left.

Torn
March 16th, 2020, 4:24 PM
So, in light of the recent player movement we've seen throughout the league, and in particular a couple of moves that sent Laremy Tunsil and Jalen Ramsey to new homes in exchange for 2 1st rounds picks and maybe then some ... the question asked was who on the Texans would you not part ways with if another GM came calling and offered you 2 number 1s?

- Hardest one for me is DHop. He's incredible, but two 1's is a lot. Ultimately I say no thanks though. he fits hand in glove with his qb and he's so complete a wideout without being a diva I just don't know if I'll get a total return on that trade in the end. Maybe 3 1's, but not 2.

Lmao how about for David Johnson and a 2nd rounder

Fanny Batter
March 16th, 2020, 4:29 PM
:lol:

Percussion
March 16th, 2020, 4:32 PM
:irked:

Rancid_Planet
March 16th, 2020, 4:45 PM
Jesus came in here to talk about the Titans tagging Henry (good move. Tag him again next year) and I see the shit show trade the Texans made.

Some people get enough rope to hang themselves. That fucking coach/GM/Football Czar is getting enough rope to hang everyone with.

Rancid_Planet
March 16th, 2020, 4:50 PM
Great article on it here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/deandre-hopkins-trade-begs-the-question-what-are-the-houston-texans-doing/amp/

Getting a second round pick from Arizona this season gives Houston picks at 40 and 57. In a very deep and talented wide receiver class, they could look to either package those two picks and move into the first round to get a receiver, or perhaps take advantage of a receiver falling to them at either spot.

So perhaps – perhaps – O’Brien is looking at the big picture here and trying to get ahead of the curve. With Hopkins due $12.5 million this season, $13.5 million in 2021 and $13.915 million in 2022, perhaps O’Brien sees a chance to find his replacement on a cost-controlled basis this year.

The more bleak reading of this is that Arizona just really won this deal, and in other leagues the commissioner might step in to save O’Brien from himself.

CWE
March 16th, 2020, 5:07 PM
Yeah let's not pay the best WR Iin football 12-14 million until he is 30. Let's pay a RB 10 million until he is.

Stupid fucking O Brien.

BGMaverick
March 16th, 2020, 5:17 PM
Great article on it here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/deandre-hopkins-trade-begs-the-question-what-are-the-houston-texans-doing/amp/

So perhaps – perhaps – O’Brien is looking at the big picture here and trying to get ahead of the curve. With Hopkins due $12.5 million this season, $13.5 million in 2021 and $13.915 million in 2022, perhaps O’Brien sees a chance to find his replacement on a cost-controlled basis this year.

This one stuck out to me. How about you be a better negotiator then and get at least a first out of trading Clowney and Hopkins.

Caito
March 16th, 2020, 5:18 PM
I mean, 10 million is buying you a guy who last year averaged 26 yds a game. What more could you ask for?

MMH
March 16th, 2020, 6:59 PM
Yeah let's not pay the best WR Iin football 12-14 million until he is 30. Let's pay a RB 10 million until he is.

Stupid fucking O Brien.

Why would they be paying Michael Thomas?

CWE
March 16th, 2020, 8:36 PM
I mean, 10 million is buying you a guy who last year averaged 26 yds a game. What more could you ask for?

I ask for Bill to trade himself.

Kdestiny
March 16th, 2020, 9:23 PM
Jimmy Graham?

Shit.

Fanny Batter
March 16th, 2020, 10:49 PM
Stefon Diggs went for a first and change, Texans fans.

Kdestiny
March 17th, 2020, 12:59 AM

At least they got Randall Cobb

BGMaverick
March 17th, 2020, 1:25 AM

For Stefon Diggs:
1st rounder
5th rounder
6th rounder
2021 4th rounder

For DeAndre Hopkins:
David Johnson
2nd rounder

Whoops

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 2:34 AM
Yea it's not a good look for Houston to compare those trades. The difference between pick #22 and pick #40 is a lot and Hopkins is better.

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 2:54 AM
There was a lot of action on day 1. The Cowboys retain Cooper for big dough. I can't believe he's still only 25 years old. He's a good player to have on your squad though $20 mil a year is a lot for any WR (he comes in 2nd behind Jones in average annual value). It'll be a challenge for Dallas to contend with superstar salaries at QB, WR and RB but I commend them for doing it. Keeping that core together is good for the sport.

Kdestiny
March 17th, 2020, 9:21 AM
Brady officially releases statement that he will not be returning to New England.

Caito
March 17th, 2020, 10:09 AM
At least I know.

Ok, time to move on.

BGMaverick
March 17th, 2020, 11:08 AM
Brady
Newton
Rivers
Bridgewater
Dalton
Winston

Those appear to be the big QBs available at the moment. I imagine someone could get left out in the cold and not have a starting job.

Fanny Batter
March 17th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Watson's probably available for a pair of second round picks too.

Rivers goes to the team that takes Tua as a bridge I think, unless that's Miami. Either way, he's a starter for a team grooming a QB. Newton, Bridgewater or Dalton to New England. The lean probably to Teddy. Newton will absolutely be a starter somewhere, can see the Colts taking him instead of Phil.

Kdestiny
March 17th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Bears release Leonard Floyd and sign Robert Quinn.

Good move. Floyd was very disappointing as a pass rusher

BGMaverick
March 17th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Bridgewater to the Panthers. Looks like Rivers to the Colts is a near certainty.

Caito
March 17th, 2020, 2:20 PM
NE isn’t going to pay a lot of money for a QB this year. Whatever that QB costs, you’re still adding 13 million dead cap for Brady.

BigAl
March 17th, 2020, 2:46 PM
Fuck. I was hoping the Colts would get Bridgewater since they just traded away their first round pick this year.

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 2:51 PM
I'm not too bummed by the Brady news. 6 titles, what more could you ask for? Kobe is dead, it's hard to be sad that Brady will play his age 43+ seasons elsewhere. I'll root for him wherever he goes. I would love to see him in a new Bucs jersey (assuming they're cool looking). Would be kinda cool for him to go there right as they re-brand and play for Arians and throw to Godwin and Evans. I'd be less enthused about the Chargers. I don't want him to go to a team with no fans in a city that doesn't care about the team.

I think the Pats roll with Stidham as the starter. Too bad the Jimmy G timing didn't work out but you can't be sad about that given Brady won another SB after that trade.

Let the post-Brady, pre-Belichick retirement era begin.

Kdestiny
March 17th, 2020, 3:37 PM
Fuck. I was hoping the Colts would get Bridgewater since they just traded away their first round pick this year.

They are almost certainly signing Rivers

Rancid_Planet
March 17th, 2020, 3:43 PM
I'm not too bummed by the Brady news. 6 titles, what more could you ask for? Kobe is dead, it's hard to be sad that Brady will play his age 43+ seasons elsewhere. I'll root for him wherever he goes. I would love to see him in a new Bucs jersey (assuming they're cool looking). Would be kinda cool for him to go there right as they re-brand and play for Arians and throw to Godwin and Evans. I'd be less enthused about the Chargers. I don't want him to go to a team with no fans in a city that doesn't care about the team.

I think the Pats roll with Stidham as the starter. Too bad the Jimmy G timing didn't work out but you can't be sad about that given Brady won another SB after that trade.

Let the post-Brady, pre-Belichick retirement era begin.

How long do you think that era will last?

I'm of the mind that Bill will coach a good long while before he retires.

In Titans news they lost Jack Conklin to free agency. That is really bad.

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 3:52 PM
How long do you think that era will last?

I'm of the mind that Bill will coach a good long while before he retires.

In Titans news they lost Jack Conklin to free agency. That is really bad.

He's about to turn 68. 5 more years would mean he retires at 72. I think that's as good a guess as any. If he stays healthy into his 70s, I could see him coaching to 75 and beyond. His dedication and love for the game is there. He doesn't strike me as someone who wants to retire for retirement's sake.

BGMaverick
March 17th, 2020, 3:54 PM
Rivers signs a one-year deal with the Colts.

Rancid_Planet
March 17th, 2020, 4:08 PM
Rivers signs a one-year deal with the Colts.

Fuck!

Rivers is a Titans killer.

virms
March 17th, 2020, 4:27 PM
Fro is officially on suicide watch. The coronavirus couldnt have come at a better time for new England sports.

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 6:18 PM
Fro is officially on suicide watch. The coronavirus couldnt have come at a better time for new England sports.

I'm good bro. Very excited for the upcoming Bucs season.

virms
March 17th, 2020, 6:25 PM
I'm good bro. Very excited for the upcoming Bucs season.

Swapping baseball teams as well?

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 6:28 PM
Swapping baseball teams as well?

no swapping. I just have 2 teams now. :D

Chris Scott
March 17th, 2020, 6:59 PM
For Stefon Diggs:
1st rounder
5th rounder
6th rounder
2021 4th rounder

For DeAndre Hopkins:
David Johnson
2nd rounder

Whoops

Still can’t get my head over this.

It defo beats one of my mad trades in our Ca$h Fantasy Football game Fro MMH Beefy Torn Caito Honey_Badger BGMaverick Morrison Matthew Bandit Pablo Diablo

BGMaverick
March 17th, 2020, 7:02 PM
TB to TB

Percussion
March 17th, 2020, 7:19 PM
TB squared

Mazer
March 17th, 2020, 7:23 PM
Watson's probably available for a pair of second round picks too.

This is the perfect time for the Bears to remedy their Trubisky draft mistake. Apparently everyone in Houston is available for nothing. Simply remind Bill O that one day he'll have to pay Watson more, offer him 2 2nd rounders, Adam Sheehan, and the rights to do the Super Fans. This whole thing gets done.

Even in a world where you decide you should move on from Hopkins, you have to get more back.

Percussion
March 17th, 2020, 7:28 PM
Just let O'Brien know a player didn't agree with his crossword puzzle suggestion and they can be had for an open bag of chips..

Chris Scott
March 17th, 2020, 7:41 PM
Thank god the whole thing is over now and Brady has retired.

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Tom playing in the Super Bowl next year in Tampa would be the most electric possible outcome of this season

Rancid_Planet
March 17th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Tampa wins a SB in the next two years.

Or the Patriots do.

...who ya got?

Fro
March 17th, 2020, 11:38 PM
The Patriots are more likely for sure

Rancid_Planet
March 17th, 2020, 11:45 PM
The Patriots are more likely for sure

Yeah I think so too. TB is close but I feel like Bill could randomly win one with a nobody at qb before Tampa could get all the way there.

Randolph
March 18th, 2020, 12:03 AM
People and/or their careers go to Tampa to die, not to win championships. Brady will be as remembered in Tampa as Joe Montana was in Kansas City or Unitas in San Diego.

Matthew
March 18th, 2020, 12:17 AM
seems like a normal madden offseason

Rancid_Planet
March 18th, 2020, 1:51 AM
People and/or their careers go to Tampa to die, not to win championships. Brady will be as remembered in Tampa as Joe Montana was in Kansas City or Unitas in San Diego.

To be fairrrrr

Tampa has won a SB more recently than The Cowboys or 49ers.

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 9:34 AM

Exactly

Percussion
March 18th, 2020, 11:13 AM
Bye bye locker room..

Michael Irvin: Bill O'Brien Compared DeAndre Hopkins, Aaron Hernandez in Meeting (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881708-michael-irvin-bill-obrien-compared-deandre-hopkins-aaron-hernandez-in-meeting)

"I said, 'Tell me what happened in Houston,' and he went into it. He told me, he said, 'Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there' because Bill O'Brien thought, Coach O'Brien thought [Hopkins] had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and, I kinda guess, hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this, that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this. He told DeAndre Hopkins, he said: 'Hey, the last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez.' I was like: 'What? He put in Aaron Hernandez in this meeting?' He said, 'Yes he did.' He said: 'Michael, that blew my mind that he would even bring that up. I've never been in any trouble. I don't know why would he equate me with Aaron Hernandez.'

"And from there, the meeting just deteriorated, you know. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins. DeAndre Hopkins has a few kids from different women, and he said, he told DeAndre he doesn't like that he has his 'baby mamas' around sometimes. And from that, I think the relationship just went bad, and thus, we got a trade of DeAndre Hopkins from Houston for basically, like I said earlier, a ham sandwich, all because of that relationship."

Kdestiny
March 18th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Jesus

BigAl
March 18th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Hmmm. So when I have a warehouse meeting next week, I SHOULDN’T compare the guy with three kids by three different women to a gang member convicted of murder?

Bet even if I did that I could still get more for him for a trade than the Texans got for Hopkins.

Peter Griffin
March 18th, 2020, 11:26 AM
AFC: KC Chiefs
NFC: Vikings

These are the teams I now follow :lol:

I'm changing from Vikings to Bears as I actually know some folk who follow them. So yeah go bears.

BGMaverick
March 18th, 2020, 11:29 AM
I'm changing from Vikings to Bears as I actually know some folk who follow them. So yeah go bears.

I'm sorry for your future pain.

Caito
March 18th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Duron Harmon traded from Patriots to the Lions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry for your future pain.

Dont....... he must learn like all Bears fans eventually do.

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 1:06 PM

1. You can’t support two teams :lol:

2. You can’t just switch teams :wtf:

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 1:08 PM
Really hopeful with all that’s going on, it doesn’t affect my Miami lads coming to London in October.

Caito
March 18th, 2020, 1:10 PM
Of course they’ll got to London......

It isn’t Liverpool

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 1:14 PM
They would actually be 100% safer if they came to Liverpool than London.

BigAl
March 18th, 2020, 1:48 PM
Foles to the Bears for a fourth rounder.

Kdestiny
March 18th, 2020, 1:54 PM
Chicago doing what they can to make moves on offense that actually won't improve the offense.

Hopefully his poor play last season was just because he was returning from an injury

BGMaverick
March 18th, 2020, 1:57 PM
I'm interested in what happens with Cam and Jameis. They're likely going to have to take one-year/prove it deals to hopefully bounce back but I'm very curious to see where they'll have to do it.

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 2:45 PM
Who needs a QB currently or could possibly do with one? Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Redskins, Colts, Chargers?

BGMaverick
March 18th, 2020, 2:49 PM
Who needs a QB currently or could possibly do with one? Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Redskins, Colts, Chargers?

Bengals: Drafting one
Patriots: Rolling with Stidham or getting one on the cheap
Jaguars: Minshew
Redskins: Doubtful they'll add one but they're easily mismanaged so it's possible
Colts: Maybe draft one late but they technically have two on the roster that are viable starters
Chargers: Probably looking cheap for a backup to Taylor. They could be a dark horse to trade up to a top 3 spot in the draft though.

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 2:57 PM
So Cam and Jameis are sitting out for a year?

BGMaverick
March 18th, 2020, 4:35 PM
So Cam and Jameis are sitting out for a year?

They're likely having to sign cheap, one-year deals...potentially as a backup.

Peter Griffin
March 18th, 2020, 5:13 PM

Did you see my previous posts? Basically I want to get into it next season and figured it would help to have a team to follow on each division. Support is a strong word but there you go.. Who knows, As I start watching more I may well get attached to another team I dunno.

Pablo Diablo
March 18th, 2020, 5:35 PM

Seahawks

BigAl
March 18th, 2020, 5:35 PM
PG I’d welcome you as a Colts fan.

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 6:45 PM
Seahawks

Never. Was obvious a wind up to Torn and Beefy

Chris Scott
March 18th, 2020, 6:46 PM
Did you see my previous posts? Basically I want to get into it next season and figured it would help to have a team to follow on each division. Support is a strong word but there you go.. Who knows, As I start watching more I may well get attached to another team I dunno.

You will when you start watching more and get into it, you’ll find that one team you click with.

Rancid_Planet
March 19th, 2020, 2:11 AM
PG I’d welcome you as a Colts fan.

How you feeling about the Rivers move?

Rancid_Planet
March 19th, 2020, 2:12 AM
You will when you start watching more and get into it, you’ll find that one team you click with.

But then you have to STICK with that team so that we can all laugh at you because your team thought Ken Wisenhunt could coach...

Bandit
March 19th, 2020, 3:20 AM
The bears having a very bears off-season:

CHI essentially used multiple valuable draft picks to select a two-year placeholder for Nick Foles.

The bears signed Jimmy Graham for $8m/year average, despite spending a 2nd round pick on the position and signing a pricey free agent ($32/4 years). They must have been enamored with the four games they played against him as a Packer, where he totaled a massive *checks notes* 9 catches for 70 receiving yards.

In an effort to emphasize their stance (and draft evaluations) on early draft picks, they also cut former 1st round draft pick Leonard Floyd.

Fro
March 19th, 2020, 5:01 AM
The bears having a very bears off-season:

CHI essentially used multiple valuable draft picks to select a two-year placeholder for Nick Foles.

The bears signed Jimmy Graham for $8m/year average, despite spending a 2nd round pick on the position and signing a pricey free agent ($32/4 years). They must have been enamored with the four games they played against him as a Packer, where he totaled a massive *checks notes* 9 catches for 70 receiving yards.

In an effort to emphasize their stance (and draft evaluations) on early draft picks, they also cut former 1st round draft pick Leonard Floyd.

Why do you say they used multiple picks on Foles? I thought it was just one 4th round comp pick. I don’t hate the deal I mean the 4th rounder is essentially nothing and you don’t have to commit to him for more than 1 year. If it doesn’t work out you move on. It sucks that Mitch is being benched and is a bust but if he’s not the guy then the Foles move is decent.

BigAl
March 19th, 2020, 7:00 AM
How you feeling about the Rivers move?

I had hoped they’d go after Bridgewater instead of Rivers. I don’t hate the deal but I don’t love it either. I thought they’d go QB in the first round this year but they traded that pick away. Rivers should be serviceable for one season if they have their eye on a QB in next year’s draft. I don’t think they’ll make a deep playoff run but there’s a good chance he can get them to playoffs, especially in that division.

Bandit
March 19th, 2020, 8:13 AM
Why do you say they used multiple picks on Foles? I thought it was just one 4th round comp pick. I don’t hate the deal I mean the 4th rounder is essentially nothing and you don’t have to commit to him for more than 1 year. If it doesn’t work out you move on. It sucks that Mitch is being benched and is a bust but if he’s not the guy then the Foles move is decent.

Oh I mean the picks used to trade up one spot to take Trubisky when all he ended up being was a two year placeholder for Foles

Fro
March 19th, 2020, 8:30 AM
Oh I mean the picks used to trade up one spot to take Trubisky when all he ended up being was a two year placeholder for Foles

Gotcha, yea I misread what you wrote. The Trubisky trade/pick was obviously a colossal disaster.

Rancid_Planet
March 19th, 2020, 8:36 AM
I had hoped they’d go after Bridgewater instead of Rivers. I don’t hate the deal but I don’t love it either. I thought they’d go QB in the first round this year but they traded that pick away. Rivers should be serviceable for one season if they have their eye on a QB in next year’s draft. I don’t think they’ll make a deep playoff run but there’s a good chance he can get them to playoffs, especially in that division.

As a Titans fan, I hate it. I feel like we're 0-32 against him.

But yeah should be a good stop gap.

BGMaverick
March 19th, 2020, 3:47 PM
Todd Gurley will be cut by the Rams.

Percussion
March 19th, 2020, 4:11 PM
With a 20M+ dead cap number for 2020..

:whoa:

BGMaverick
March 19th, 2020, 4:12 PM

Seems like he might be Atlanta-bound but I wouldn't count Tampa out.

Percussion
March 19th, 2020, 4:14 PM
With Jared Goff's cap number at 36M..

With Aaron Donald's number at 25M..

And Brandin Cooks' at 16.8M..

My word..

BGMaverick
March 19th, 2020, 4:21 PM
With Jared Goff's cap number at 36M..

With Aaron Donald's number at 25M..

And Brandin Cooks' at 16.8M..

My word..

Only one of them is remotely close to worth it. Maybe two, but that's really stretching it. The third is nowhere close and that's a problem when it's the QB.

LOCONUT
March 19th, 2020, 4:21 PM
Rams releasing Clay Matthews and Todd Gurley?? Weird.

BGMaverick
March 19th, 2020, 4:25 PM
Sean Payton announced he tested positive for coronavirus.

hithit
March 19th, 2020, 7:25 PM

They can spread it out over 2 years

Fro
March 20th, 2020, 8:53 AM
https://twitter.com/buccaneers/status/1240982893616340992?s=21

Kdestiny
March 20th, 2020, 10:17 AM
Gurley headed to Atlanta.

NFC south could be very interesting next season

Fro
March 20th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Tom Brady's contract details with Tampa, sources tell ESPN: 2 years, $50 million deal, all guaranteed, that also includes another $9 million in incentives - $4.5 million in incentives per year. The contract also prohibits tags and trades.

A good deal for a 43 year old. I'll be curious to see what those incentives are. I believe Tom can contend for All Pro this year with being able to throw to Evans/Godwin, granted there is a lot of team building left to do this offseason and I don't know much about their current O-line or defense.

Caito
March 20th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Supposedly, Patriots didn’t even offer a contract to Brady.

If true, not sure what to think about that. It isn’t great optics, even if business wise, keeping Brady might’ve been less than ideal.

BGMaverick
March 20th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Tom Brady's contract details with Tampa, sources tell ESPN: 2 years, $50 million deal, all guaranteed, that also includes another $9 million in incentives - $4.5 million in incentives per year. The contract also prohibits tags and trades.

A good deal for a 43 year old. I'll be curious to see what those incentives are. I believe Tom can contend for All Pro this year with being able to throw to Evans/Godwin, granted there is a lot of team building left to do this offseason and I don't know much about their current O-line or defense.

O-Line is no worse than average. Defense got much better as the season went along, very good at stopping the run, and was often put in very tough situations due to the fact they had to rush back onto the field due to turnovers.

I think it'll be kind of close, but I think Tampa ends up with a better record than New England this year not that it matters.

The incentives are tied to finishing in the top 5 of various passing categories (passer rating, TDs, yards, completion percentage, yards/attempt), then separately to playing time and playoff success.

If true, not sure what to think about that. It isn’t great optics, even if business wise, keeping Brady might’ve been less than ideal.

It was likely going to be insulting either way, because I imagine the contract they would offer was well below what he was hoping he'd get because Belichick gives zero fucks.

Seems like they're willing to give Stidham the keys to the car for the season.

Fanny Batter
March 20th, 2020, 12:56 PM
Crazy offensive talent in that division. Brady and Brees first ballot Hall of Famers, Ryan and Newton (while he's still there, he'll surely be the starter) former MVP's. Gurley, Kamara and McCaffrey all top 10 RB's of the last half decade (possibly all top 5?), Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Michael Thomas at receiver. Gonna be some banging games.

Forgot Panthers signed Teddy.

BGMaverick
March 20th, 2020, 1:47 PM
Melvin Gordon to Denver on a 2-year deal for $16 million (13.5 guaranteed). I'm glad that holdout worked out so well for him...

Chris Scott
March 20th, 2020, 6:17 PM

Obviously the franchise and Bill were 100% moving on from him, no big deal on that part.

Caito
March 20th, 2020, 6:19 PM
No, and I don't disagree with not bringing Brady back, but he is considered by many to be the greatest QB ever and was a part of the team for nearly 20 years. It's bad optics if you dont at least put something out there, even if you know he wont take it.

I'm honesty not sure what Pats fans think is worse, no offer, or an insulting one that you know he'll turn down anyways.

BigAl
March 20th, 2020, 8:39 PM
The draft is going to be weird this year if it can’t be done in person.

Fro
March 20th, 2020, 8:50 PM
The draft is going to be weird this year if it can’t be done in person.

Eh. How many players are usually there, like 30 out of 300 draft picks? Personally I could do without all the theatrics. Goodell could come out and announce the first round picks on an empty sound stage and that would be fine.

3puppies
March 20th, 2020, 10:43 PM
With no crowd to boo the hell outta Goodell, what's the point of televising the draft?

Rancid_Planet
March 20th, 2020, 11:03 PM
With no crowd to boo the hell outta Goodell, what's the point of televising the draft?

EXCELLENT point.

Percussion
March 21st, 2020, 5:49 PM
Bill Belichick reportedly offered Tom Brady to the 49ers before settling on the Jimmy Garoppolo trade (https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/3/20/21187467/bill-belichick-reportedly-offered-tom-brady-to-the-49ers)

True? maybe maybe not..

Juicy nonetheless..

Fro
March 21st, 2020, 6:15 PM
Seems like bullshit given that the Niners GM himself was quoted as saying he asked about Brady and the result was this: (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793064-john-lynch-confirms-tom-brady-trade-offer-says-bill-belichick-laughed-at-me)

"I figured, 'What the heck, you gotta take your shot, right? You can't score if you don't shoot.' I had to summon up the courage and Bill [Belichick] laughed at me and basically hung up on me. But hey, I took my shot."

BGMaverick
March 22nd, 2020, 3:34 PM
He's coming back to New England...

Brian Hoyer is returning to the Patriots.

Fro
March 22nd, 2020, 3:37 PM
Great signing, potentially a game changer in the AFC.

Chris Scott
March 22nd, 2020, 7:12 PM
I thought he was the number 2 QB anyway.

Fro
March 22nd, 2020, 7:21 PM
You're right, it's likely Stidham's job to lose with Hoyer as backup. But who knows what will happen with Stidham this year. He could suck. He could get hurt. There's a fair chance Hoyer gets some starts.

My comment was sarcastic in nature but there's truth to every joke. Hoyer starting in the AFC title game? I could see it!

Expectations are low for this team right now. Rebuild year is the word around town and I can't disagree at this moment but there's a lot of team building left to go.

Randolph
March 22nd, 2020, 7:53 PM
Hoyer is a garbage QB.

son_of_foley
March 23rd, 2020, 3:41 PM
See the Draft. Any chance they could move it earlier if everyone is on lockdown so selfishly I can watch

hithit
March 23rd, 2020, 6:26 PM
Travis Frederick just retired

Fro
March 23rd, 2020, 7:34 PM
big loss for the cowboys although I couldn't tell you how good or average he was last season. his retirement note indicated he didn't get back to his top level after missing 2018 due to his Guillain–Barré syndrome diagnosis. 7 years, $39 million earned. hopefully he has a nice post-football life.

As for this new Rams logo. Yes I think it's bland and lame, but it also reminds me too much of the Chargers colors. I'm sure it's not the exact same blue but for 2 teams that share the same stadium to have such similar colors seems wrong to me. the chargers moving cities out of LA (which I hope will happen) will be one franchise move that we can all get behind. what a dumb decision.

https://i.ktt2.com/https://content.boards.atlantafalcons.com/monthly_2020_03/903B6B59-A99A-4DEE-808B-070EE53492EE.thumb.jpeg.484d0dbbd1124f0c956d45d55c 126182.jpeg

BGMaverick
March 23rd, 2020, 8:19 PM
I don't really see a comparison with the blue. This blue is more of a median in shade compared to what the Chargers use. In addition, no one gives a crap about the Chargers lol. The actual Rams logo doesn't seem terrible. The outright full name and color structure one (bottom left) is good.

BGMaverick
March 23rd, 2020, 9:02 PM
big loss for the cowboys although I couldn't tell you how good or average he was last season. his retirement note indicated he didn't get back to his top level after missing 2018 due to his Guillain–Barré syndrome diagnosis. 7 years, $39 million earned. hopefully he has a nice post-football life.

He made a noticeable difference across the board: active before the issue, as an absent player, and returning. They had a strong line and he was a major influence towards that.

Fro
March 23rd, 2020, 9:28 PM
I don't really see a comparison with the blue. This blue is more of a median in shade compared to what the Chargers use. In addition, no one gives a crap about the Chargers lol. The actual Rams logo doesn't seem terrible. The outright full name and color structure one (bottom left) is good.

the ram is good. the LA with the horn around it looks like a logo for Good Morning Los Angeles, a local morning show from 2005 I just made up. but yea honestly people are probably shitting on it too much. we didn't see the jerseys/helmet yet right? that's all that mostly matters. color-wise though, I guess it's their switch from gold to yellow that is what brings it closer to the chargers colors. And I think I like the gold better. of course I'm confusing myself now, they might have already been on the yellow before this new logo. I'm picturing the navy/gold in my head but that might have been already gone. so perhaps what I'm saying about both teams wearing blue/yellow as their colors was already the case last year.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/49sVv--pJaolr4hSsPAFN0P66zw=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19779111/e2bfa93fb1b77cffcd517d7c4f4fe4e8.jpg

BigAl
March 24th, 2020, 4:35 PM
Panthers release Newton.

BGMaverick
March 24th, 2020, 4:38 PM
the ram is good. the LA with the horn around it looks like a logo for Good Morning Los Angeles, a local morning show from 2005 I just made up. but yea honestly people are probably shitting on it too much. we didn't see the jerseys/helmet yet right? that's all that mostly matters. color-wise though, I guess it's their switch from gold to yellow that is what brings it closer to the chargers colors. And I think I like the gold better. of course I'm confusing myself now, they might have already been on the yellow before this new logo. I'm picturing the navy/gold in my head but that might have been already gone. so perhaps what I'm saying about both teams wearing blue/yellow as their colors was already the case last year.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/49sVv--pJaolr4hSsPAFN0P66zw=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19779111/e2bfa93fb1b77cffcd517d7c4f4fe4e8.jpg

They changed it lol
https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1242545487498092546?s=21

Fro
March 24th, 2020, 4:43 PM
So veteran QB starters (or potential starters) changing teams will include Cam (Dolphins? Chargers? Jags?), Brady (Bucs), Bridgewater (Panthers), Foles (Bears) and Winston (no idea). That will be fun, if we get to actually play the season.

Cam will be 31 when the season starts, I could see him having another good season or two but he may also get hurt again and fade away fast. Still, if I'm a team like the Chargers or Dolphins I give him a shot. I just don't guarantee much money long term.

Fro
March 24th, 2020, 4:45 PM
They changed it lol
https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1242545487498092546?s=21

Looks good. I see people in the comments saying what I said about the similarity in color scheme.

Chris Scott
March 24th, 2020, 8:08 PM
So veteran QB starters (or potential starters) changing teams will include Cam (Dolphins? Chargers? Jags?), Brady (Bucs), Bridgewater (Panthers), Foles (Bears) and Winston (no idea). That will be fun, if we get to actually play the season.

Cam will be 31 when the season starts, I could see him having another good season or two but he may also get hurt again and fade away fast. Still, if I'm a team like the Chargers or Dolphins I give him a shot. I just don't guarantee much money long term.

Still don’t get why we would go after Cam when Fitz is more than capable of doing a job in the new season.

Chris Scott
March 24th, 2020, 8:10 PM
That new Rams logo :barf:

Chris Scott
March 24th, 2020, 8:13 PM
https://twitter.com/MarcSessler/status/1242577313587314688

:lol:

Bandit
March 24th, 2020, 9:11 PM
Funchess to the Packers
Perriman to the Jets
Robby Anderson to the Panthers

BGMaverick
March 24th, 2020, 11:39 PM
Funchess to the Packers
Perriman to the Jets
Robby Anderson to the Panthers

So likely another scrub WR for the position. Hopefully for them, Lazard pans out.
Good signing for the Jets if he can transition the end of last season into this season.
Too little, too late for the Panthers to buy up for the position.

Bandit
March 25th, 2020, 3:20 PM
Honestly I think the funchess signing is pretty good, especially if the rumors are true that the money is around vet minimum. His catch rate is low, but he was going against #1 CBs for a while and also had a very inaccurate QB throwing to him. In GB the ball will be where it needs to be and he'll likely be facing #2/3 CBs too with opposing D's having to focus attention on Adams. I basically see it as an upgrade to Graham (someone to help in redzone and on 3rd and short lol)

BGMaverick
March 25th, 2020, 3:38 PM
Honestly I think the funchess signing is pretty good, especially if the rumors are true that the money is around vet minimum. His catch rate is low, but he was going against #1 CBs for a while and also had a very inaccurate QB throwing to him. In GB the ball will be where it needs to be and he'll likely be facing #2/3 CBs too with opposing D's having to focus attention on Adams. I basically see it as an upgrade to Graham (someone to help in redzone and on 3rd and short lol)

I might have exaggerated by saying scrub, but I remain dubious in thinking he's going to be able to emerge as a legit WR2 for them. I imagine Lazard will do that to a degree and then Funchess is as a guy competing with MVS and Kumerow to be a random flavor of the week. If they're expecting big things from Funchess, I think they're in a world of trouble.

Matthew
March 25th, 2020, 3:57 PM
rodgers makes a scrub a non scrub for the most part. i'd get 3 tds a year

BGMaverick
March 25th, 2020, 4:03 PM
rodgers makes a scrub a non scrub for the most part. i'd get 3 tds a year

That made me think about Jimmy Graham, and that doesn't necessarily match up because he was a scrub going into Green Bay and is still a scrub on the way out...while managing to still find another sucker to sign him. I guess he doesn't qualify for the "most part" category. It does match up in the sense that you would equal JG's touchdown total from last season lol.

Kneeneighbor
March 25th, 2020, 4:32 PM
I might have exaggerated by saying scrub, but I remain dubious in thinking he's going to be able to emerge as a legit WR2 for them. I imagine Lazard will do that to a degree and then Funchess is as a guy competing with MVS and Kumerow to be a random flavor of the week. If they're expecting big things from Funchess, I think they're in a world of trouble.

WR1- Adams
WR2- Draft
WR3- Lizard King
WR4- Funches

Bandit
March 25th, 2020, 10:13 PM
Yeah I think one of Kumerow/MVS takes a big step forward too. The draft pick probably won't be the #2 option early on (rookie WRs always develop slowly in GB due to Rodgers' trust issues it seems).

But if Funchess is playing as like a third/fourth option, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. Hoping Lazard continues to ascend too of course

BGMaverick
March 25th, 2020, 10:46 PM
Yeah I think one of Kumerow/MVS takes a big step forward too. The draft pick probably won't be the #2 option early on (rookie WRs always develop slowly in GB due to Rodgers' trust issues it seems).

But if Funchess is playing as like a third/fourth option, I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. Hoping Lazard continues to ascend too of course

My guess is Kumerow, out of the two. MVS had enough rope in a variety of settings last season and he didn't really live up to the moments. That said, Kumerow, MVS, Funchess are probably looking at scraps (more like 4th or 5th options) in terms of targets/receptions or things really hit the fan. Adams, the rookie, Lazard, and Jones/Williams are the guys.

It would be a best-case scenario for the passing attack, in a macro sense, if Lazard is able to step up early on as legit WR2 for the team. That would provide more space for Adams and then give more breathing room for the rookie to acclimate.

Caito
March 27th, 2020, 2:13 PM
So, apparently, Commissioner Rogerhas come out and said that not only will the draft go on, but anyone who criticizes that decision may be subject to discipline.

That’s an...... interesting direction to go.

BGMaverick
March 27th, 2020, 2:20 PM
The initial decision is fine. If anything, it favors the smarter organizations. The criticizing comment is stupid.

Caito
March 27th, 2020, 2:39 PM
Oh yeah I don’t mind them going forward. It honestly gives us a good distraction.

It’s the second part that makes you go “wait....... what?”

Chris Scott
March 27th, 2020, 2:42 PM
Yeah don’t see why he had to come out with that bit.

Rancid_Planet
April 2nd, 2020, 5:37 PM
Derrick Henry does sign his franchise tag contract, paying him a little over 10 mil for 2020. Titans appear to be working on an actual long term deal for him. Hopefully it's one of those you they can get out of quick without paying through the nose when his wheels fall off in two years.

Also looks like Seahawks and Titans are in on Clowney after he lowered his asking price by 20 million.

TimeSplitter
April 3rd, 2020, 10:43 AM
The Chiefs and Sammy Watkins agreed to a new deal.

ProfootballTalk says that they only had $177 in cap space before hand??? That is insane.

Bandit
April 5th, 2020, 4:46 PM
Andy Reid reportedly got him to sign for 1 year/10 double-doubles + animal fries

Fro
April 5th, 2020, 11:17 PM
Remember when the patriots beat the chiefs in overtime in KC for the afc championship to end mahomes’ 50 TD season

That game was classic. The pats converted 3rd and 10 on 3 separate occasions in their overtime game winning drive to seal it and send them on their way to their 9th super bowl appearance in 18 years

This post brought to you by boredom and lack of new sports games

Also we can finally look back on the Brady Belichick dynasty in past tense since it’s over. What a ride.

BGMaverick
April 5th, 2020, 11:41 PM
Gronk is a champion in WWE so that ride is still rolling...just in a twisted way.

Fro
April 5th, 2020, 11:47 PM
Gronk is a champion in WWE so that ride is still rolling...just in a twisted way.

I read the PFT post on that but did he do good? Like how was his wrestling?

BGMaverick
April 6th, 2020, 12:12 AM

All he did was essentially a splash. He did a forearm on night one.
So...fairly inconclusive.

Fanny Batter
April 6th, 2020, 8:20 AM
Man did the NFL likely dodge a bullet with the pandemic. The prospective timeline fits in perfectly for the 2021 season. Things change obviously but looks promising.

Fro
April 6th, 2020, 9:58 AM
Man did the NFL likely dodge a bullet with the pandemic. The prospective timeline fits in perfectly for the 2021 season. Things change obviously but looks promising.

Did you mean 2020?

Fanny Batter
April 6th, 2020, 11:48 AM
At the moment yes, but the slip could prove inspired!

PurePlayer
April 6th, 2020, 4:47 PM

he didn't really wrestle.

Rancid_Planet
April 6th, 2020, 10:12 PM
Remember when the patriots beat the chiefs in overtime in KC for the afc championship to end mahomes’ 50 TD season

That game was classic. The pats converted 3rd and 10 on 3 separate occasions in their overtime game winning drive to seal it and send them on their way to their 9th super bowl appearance in 18 years

This post brought to you by boredom and lack of new sports games

Also we can finally look back on the Brady Belichick dynasty in past tense since it’s over. What a ride.

We won't ever see it again.

Not just a top all-time qb playing for a top all-time coach. But doing so for nearly 20 fucking years.

Percussion
April 6th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Don't forget to cup his balls..

Rancid_Planet
April 6th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Don't forget to cup his balls..

Feels like they need some air...

Fro
April 7th, 2020, 12:39 AM
We won't ever see it again.

Not just a top all-time qb playing for a top all-time coach. But doing so for nearly 20 fucking years.

agreed. it's honestly silly they won that 6th title.

Percussion
April 7th, 2020, 9:03 AM
Hard Knocks to feature both the Rams and Chargers this season..

assuming there's a season

Caito
April 7th, 2020, 5:45 PM
Do they share preseason facilities as well?

Or is this basically showing a comparison of the LA teams?

TimeSplitter
April 8th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Honestly, I prefer Amazon's All or Nothing. It shows an entire season. LA and Vegas would be good choices since they are moving to new stadiums/cities.

son_of_foley
April 8th, 2020, 11:02 AM
All or Nothing is great. I would love if they had Bradys first season..

TimeSplitter
April 8th, 2020, 11:09 AM
All or Nothing has taught me that I would be fascinated by any team being covered. Brady's first season in Tampa would be intriguing for sure.

Bandit
April 8th, 2020, 1:00 PM
New falcons uniforms look like arena football shit lol

TimeSplitter
April 8th, 2020, 1:06 PM
Yeah, it's like the Falcons and Bucs switched quality.

BGMaverick
April 8th, 2020, 2:17 PM
Plenty of good stuff to digest with Tom Brady's appearance on Howard Stern's show this morning. One note being that he probably knew before the start of this past season that it would be his last in New England.

https://nesn.com/2020/04/tom-brady-on-howard-stern-live-recap-what-we-learned-from-qbs-interview/

Fro
April 8th, 2020, 10:44 PM
Yea I highly recommend listening to the Brady/Stern interview. SiriusXM is free right now due to the pandemic so I downloaded the app to listen to it on demand. It was 2+ hours of him being as open as I've ever heard him and Howard is of course the best interviewer in the game. They had a couple Zoom disconnections early on so Tom had to reconnect and call in from his phone but they got that settled. Nothing he said shocked my world or anything but there were some good revelations as I'm sure the media has already devoured and spit back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA53wSr7JtY

Kdestiny
April 9th, 2020, 7:29 PM
Brandin Cooks and a 4th to Houston for a 2nd round pick

Percussion
April 9th, 2020, 7:55 PM
This is actually the best deal His Highness has made to date.. so that's kinda cool..

BGMaverick
April 9th, 2020, 7:55 PM
Brandin Cooks and a 4th to Houston for a 2nd round pick

A competent GM would probably be able to draft a good wideout at 57.

Fro
April 9th, 2020, 7:56 PM
Meh. Seems like a reasonably balanced trade in my opinion. Cooks is young and good but the head injuries are a big concern. The 57th pick (low 2nd rounder) isn't that big of a loss. I know people will compare this against the Hopkins trade but on its own merit, I see it as a wash.

Percussion
April 9th, 2020, 8:01 PM
This draft is insane deep at WR.. 57 is choice..

CWE
April 9th, 2020, 8:14 PM
Hopkins (at 14 a year for 3 years) and a 4th for Cooks (at 12 a year for 4 years) Johnson a 2and rd pick and a 4th.

Never change Bill.

:facepalm:

BGMaverick
April 9th, 2020, 8:26 PM
Meh. Seems like a reasonably balanced trade in my opinion. Cooks is young and good but the head injuries are a big concern. The 57th pick (low 2nd rounder) isn't that big of a loss. I know people will compare this against the Hopkins trade but on its own merit, I see it as a wash.

Not even looking at Hopkins, this feels questionable. Cooks is trending down rapidly, and then has the concern you mentioned. Like I said, it’s a deep draft with potential at wide receiver.

Fro
April 9th, 2020, 8:45 PM
yea I'm coming over to the side of this being a bad move especially when i saw this stat:

680 yards & 4 TDs over last 16 games... Cleared 75 yards *once* during that span

$21.8 in dead money for the rams. a true lose-lose deal

BGMaverick
April 10th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Brady's company filed for trademarks for...
Tompa Bay and Tampa Brady

The intent for usage is for clothing and other merchandise.

Fro
April 10th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Brady's company filed for trademarks for...
Tompa Bay and Tampa Brady

The intent for usage is for clothing and other merchandise.

I'll eat my hat if he puts out any merch with those lame slogans. I don't think he ever really sells merch like that (with silly slogans), he just sells TB12 brand merch, shirts that say "pliability" and shit like that. He does these trademarks to prevent other people from selling them and profiting off him. So this is a non story, but when you're the king everything you do is news.

Rancid_Planet
April 10th, 2020, 4:09 PM
TOMpa Bay?

That's ass.

Fro
April 10th, 2020, 4:20 PM
yea the Dan Patrick Show is already selling Tompa Bay shirts that’s why Brady had to file for this

https://danpatrickapparel.com/collections/tompa-bay

Percussion
April 12th, 2020, 3:43 PM
From si.com..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVXSb-TXYAAnp3i.jpg:small

I'll go..

Brady
Moss
Fitzgerald
Gronk
Faulk

Fanny Batter
April 12th, 2020, 5:21 PM
Mahomes, Rice, Fitz, LT, Gronk

Bandit
April 13th, 2020, 6:17 AM
Peyton Manning
Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Marshall Faulk
Jason Witten

BGMaverick
April 13th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Mahomes, Faulk, Rice, Moss, Gates

TimeSplitter
April 13th, 2020, 10:26 AM
There is a youtube channel that has a first round recap of the coverage of various drafts. The longest ones are about an hour, some of the older ones are 40 minutes. It is fun to watch what they thought of people coming out in both a boom/bust way.

NFL throwback is the channel.

It's also fun to see how far the draft has come. I remember watching the Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers draft at a friends house. It was when the draft was on saturday. 8 hours in and they were just in the mid-twenties for picks. I'm so glad they moved it to three nights and shorter time between picks.

Also, Rest in Peace to Tavaris Jackson. He died in a car crash. 36 years old is too young.

Kdestiny
April 13th, 2020, 12:05 PM
From si.com..

I'll go..

Brady
Moss
Fitzgerald
Gronk
Faulk

Mahomes
Faulk
Rice
Megatron
Gonzalez

BigAl
April 13th, 2020, 12:27 PM
There is a youtube channel that has a first round recap of the coverage of various drafts. The longest ones are about an hour, some of the older ones are 40 minutes. It is fun to watch what they thought of people coming out in both a boom/bust way.

NFL throwback is the channel.

It's also fun to see how far the draft has come. I remember watching the Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers draft at a friends house. It was when the draft was on saturday. 8 hours in and they were just in the mid-twenties for picks. I'm so glad they moved it to three nights and shorter time between picks.

Also, Rest in Peace to Tavaris Jackson. He died in a car crash. 36 years old is too young.

I remember writing most of my college thesis in 2006 over a weekend with the draft on in the background. That was the year with Reggie Bush and Vince Young going #2 and #3. It was on all weekend, I watched it until late, late in the night, slept for a couple hours and then watched it again on Sunday.

TimeSplitter
April 13th, 2020, 12:47 PM
I remember writing most of my college thesis in 2006 over a weekend with the draft on in the background. That was the year with Reggie Bush and Vince Young going #2 and #3. It was on all weekend, I watched it until late, late in the night, slept for a couple hours and then watched it again on Sunday.

This is one they had a 35 minutes recap of the first round. They were spot on about Vince Young in their analysis. Apparently the Jets tried really hard to trade up to get Reggie Bush. I also forgot that the Saints tried to trade for Brett Favre before signing Brees. What a weird world that would've been.

Mazer
April 13th, 2020, 3:09 PM
Mahomes
Faulk
Rice
Megatron
Gonzalez

Manning
Rice
Gates
Bo
Megatron

Percussion
April 13th, 2020, 3:33 PM
Manning
Rice
Gates
Bo
Megatron

It's Tim Brown, not Bo..

Mazer
April 13th, 2020, 4:05 PM
It's Tim Brown, not Bo..

Bo has chosen to replace Tim. Who are we to argue?

Or something.

Manning
Rice
Gronk
Megatron
AP

Went back and forth between Faulk and AP

TimeSplitter
April 14th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Would people be interested in the Rajah NFL Mock Draft?

Get enough people who are interested, and randomly give out teams (maybe give people multple teams if not enough interest)

Caito
April 14th, 2020, 12:18 PM
We have our draft coming up in Madden league.....

so you know.... start up your PS4, pick a team, and get in.

BigAl
April 14th, 2020, 12:25 PM
This is one they had a 35 minutes recap of the first round. They were spot on about Vince Young in their analysis. Apparently the Jets tried really hard to trade up to get Reggie Bush. I also forgot that the Saints tried to trade for Brett Favre before signing Brees. What a weird world that would've been.

I vaguely remember hearing about the Jets trying to get Bush but I never knew that about Favre and the Saints.

A few years ago SI did a 'What If' article about how different things would be for various sports if one little thing had changed. This one is about what if Josh McCown hadn't thrown a TD pass in the last seconds of the last game of the season in 2003: https://www.si.com/specials/greatest-sports-what-ifs/nfl/2017/eli-manning-san-diego-chargers-new-york-giants-josh-mccown

Fro
April 18th, 2020, 11:47 PM
The draft is going to be a shit show. I’m in for the chaos though that intrigue will probably wear off and get quickly annoying.

I have no idea what to expect from the broadcast tbh

Fro
April 18th, 2020, 11:49 PM
From si.com..

I'll go..

Brady
Moss
Fitzgerald
Gronk
Faulk

Rice
Megatron
Gronk
Mahomes
All Day

Chris Scott
April 21st, 2020, 6:37 AM
3 days until Miami Dolphins social media goes into meltdown once again no matter what happens, can’t wait love it. I will be once we don’t get Tua and get Herbert instead :lol:

Matthew
April 21st, 2020, 9:49 AM
lets go bills

Fro
April 21st, 2020, 11:13 AM
So to all you draft junkies and mockers:

What order SHOULD the top 5 QBs go in, in your opinion?

What order WILL they go in?

Kdestiny
April 21st, 2020, 12:50 PM
So to all you draft junkies and mockers:

What order SHOULD the top 5 QBs go in, in your opinion?

What order WILL they go in?

It will probably go Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Eason.

I am not sold on Tua with his injury history though so I could see him slipping to fourth.

BGMaverick
April 21st, 2020, 1:15 PM
Bill Simmons had a great point on his pod that I mentioned on the app:
If you're interested in Tua, why the hell did you get religion and become a law-abiding citizen in light of the pandemic? If you really want to know, you're an NFL franchise. You're going to get a makeshift crew together to get a physical on him. If he doesn't oblige, that probably signals a red flag of some kind.

Fro
April 21st, 2020, 3:58 PM
Gronk wants to be traded to the Bucs

Please let this happen

And please let this season happen

BGMaverick
April 21st, 2020, 4:02 PM
Gronk wants to be traded to the Bucs

Please let this happen

And please let this season happen

It makes too much sense to play out that. New England still has his rights so if he says "I'm back" they're on the block for paying his $10 million and they clearly aren't accounting for that in their cap setup. So they need to find somewhere to trade him too. Howard is a fit for a deal.

Fro
April 21st, 2020, 4:18 PM
Trade, pending physical: Patriots are trading TE Rob Gronkowski and a seventh-round pick to the Buccaneers for a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

BGMaverick
April 21st, 2020, 4:21 PM
Good deal for everyone.

BGMaverick
April 21st, 2020, 5:14 PM
Ronald Jones is holding on for dear life. He's hoping he can stay on that roster and have a role lol.

Fro
April 21st, 2020, 5:17 PM
Ronald Jones is holding on for dear life. He's hoping he can stay on that roster and have a role lol.

Hmm not sure what you mean. He seems like a roster lock to me, and no matter how many passing weapons a team has the starting RB will always have a big role. Fantasy-wise, these moves should increase his value I'd say.

Gronk is arguably a better blocker than pass catcher at this point.

Chris Scott
April 21st, 2020, 5:19 PM
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Hurts