PDA

View Full Version : Brain Teasers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 1:06 PM
How To Play:

Some posts a teaser and we have to guess it. The person who guesses the teaser will post another one or pass it to someone else. I'll start with an easy one to get things rolling.

A doctor and a boy were fishing. The boy is the doctors son but the doctor is not the boys father. Who is the doctor?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 1:48 PM
The doctor's a woman :p

Hmmm....

A guy looks at a family photo and says the following statement about someone in the family photo:

"Brothers and sisters have I none.
But this person is my father's son"

Who was the man looking at?

turdpower
April 26th, 2006, 1:49 PM
It's himself :dunce:

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 1:56 PM
Mother.

I actually have my own un-conventional one. But will wait till later in the thread before rolling it out.

2 men travelling on an autobahn in Germany. NO cars actually collide. Yet the 2 drivers end up dying.

Why?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 1:58 PM
2 motorbikes crash?

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 2:00 PM
A crime has been committed.

A life has been taken.

The name, address and personal information are known by police.

However, this person shall never go to trial or jail.

Question: Why?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:06 PM
2 motorbikes crash?

Good guess. But wrong.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 2:07 PM
They both die of natural causes?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 2:09 PM
Both are qualified drivers but are walking and get hit by a car?

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 2:11 PM
Mother.

I actually have my own un-conventional one. But will wait till later in the thread before rolling it out.

2 men travelling on an autobahn in Germany. NO cars actually collide. Yet the 2 drivers end up dying.

Why?
They are in 2 seperate, single vehicle accidents.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:12 PM
They both die of natural causes?

No. That would be a fuck of a coincidence on the same autobahn. lol

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:13 PM
Both are qualified drivers but are walking and get hit by a car?

No. They are actually driving on the autobahn.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:15 PM
They are in 2 seperate, single vehicle accidents.

Not that either.

Clue - The cars actually pass one another.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 2:16 PM
The 2 drivers know each other and wave, causing there cars to swerve off the road and crash?

And hatrder from the soul's is suicide.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:18 PM
The 2 drivers know each other and wave, causing there cars to swerve off the road and crash?

And hatrder from the soul's is suicide.

Close. But no actual serious damage is done to either car.

This actually happened.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 2:20 PM
relentless, i am actually so curious to the answer of this that i cant wait anymore. pm me the answer.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 2:25 PM
Question

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

TapOut
April 26th, 2006, 2:27 PM
That's not a brainteaser, that's a big ass scavenger hunt.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 2:32 PM
OK guys lets not get distracted from the game currently being played. No new brain teasers until the current one has been solved.

Why?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 2:34 PM
A police chase where the criminal went off the road, crashing and the police car followed?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:36 PM
A police chase where the criminal went off the road, crashing and the police car followed?

No. Go back to your waving theory. You are not too far away with that guess.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 2:37 PM
They both performed a drive by shooting on each other?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:39 PM
They both performed a drive by shooting on each other?

That was one of my first guesses when I heard this years ago. Unfortunately like me, you are wrong.

turdpower
April 26th, 2006, 2:39 PM
Question

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Restarted, Restated, Restate, Estate, State, Sate, Ate, At, A

Streambed, Streamed, Steamed, Teamed, Tamed, Tame, Tam, Am, A

Startling, starting, staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:40 PM
I'll give you another clue.

Only one of the men is German.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 2:45 PM
One man was coming away from an accident. He was waving away the other drivers form this accident. The 2nd driver, who was German, thoguth he was waving and crashed somehow?

I suck...

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 2:49 PM
One man was coming away from an accident. He was waving away the other drivers form this accident. The 2nd driver, who was German, thoguth he was waving and crashed somehow?

I suck...

No dude. You have a creative mind it is a credit to your character.

Still wrong though.

The 2 drivers actually pass each other on the autobahn. Prior to the obvious accident there were no crashes, gun-fire etc .... just a normal day.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 2:52 PM
Does it matter that they were in Germany?
Does it matter only one of them is German?

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 2:55 PM
This is bloody hard i give up. Relentless please pm me the answer. If i post it you can give me neg rep.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:01 PM
Does it matter that they were in Germany?
Does it matter only one of them is German?

Yes
Defintely

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:02 PM
This is bloody hard i give up. Relentless please pm me the answer. If i post it you can give me neg rep.

I don't believe in the rep system, period.

I will send you the answer.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:05 PM
One of them was an English police officer. He saw a german speeding past himon the autobahn and, forgetting it had no speed limits, waved to him to slow down. The German looked but lost control of his car and died in a crash. The English police officer also lost control and crashed?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:08 PM
One of them was an English police officer. He saw a german speeding past himon the autobahn and, forgetting it had no speed limits, waved to him to slow down. The German looked but lost control of his car and died in a crash. The English police officer also lost control and crashed?

No.

Both drivers were travelling in opposite directions. Should help you out.

Wait till you see my other brain teaser. You will hate me even more. I will save that for a little while though.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:09 PM
I hate you now!

Was the other driver not used to the no speed limits on the autobahn?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:15 PM
I hate you now!

Was the other driver not used to the no speed limits on the autobahn?

He was'nt used to the autobahn at all.

Do you want me to put you out of your misery?

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 3:16 PM
I'm going to have to give some clues here or this thing will never be solved. Trust me, this is most definately a stretch.

Relentless already stated that only one driver was German. That means that the other driver is not German and therefore not familiar with driving on the Autobaun

canuckin
April 26th, 2006, 3:26 PM
I'm going to have to give some clues here or this thing will never be solved. Trust me, this is most definately a stretch.

Relentless already stated that only one driver was German. That means that the other driver is not German and therefore not familiar with driving on the Autobaun

theory:

both men take turns driving the same car and the englishman wakes up and freaks out due to the car, as far as he is concerned, being on the wrong side of the road. this freak out causes a single car crash?

but this negates the whole being passed by another car part.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:29 PM
theory:

but this negates the whole being passed by another car part.

Interesting. But the drivers are in seperate cars and they DO actually pass.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:30 PM
One last guess:

Englishman is driving slowly on the autobhan, not knowwing about the speed limits. Engishman behind me, knowing speed limits, deicdes to over take. He didn't check to see if there was any cars on the other side of the road though. He pulls out and then swerves back in, seeing a German car coming the other way. Both cars swerve off and both people die?

canuckin
April 26th, 2006, 3:34 PM
englishman is driving down the wrong side of the road, the two cars are about to crash but narrowly miss each other, causing both men to have heart attacks and die.

god knows how the cars make after they die

as the two cars pass each other the german yells something to the english causing the englishman to hunt down and kill the german later in the day

bombs drop from over head

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:35 PM
One last guess:

Englishman is driving slowly on the autobhan, not knowwing about the speed limits. Engishman behind me, knowing speed limits, deicdes to over take. He didn't check to see if there was any cars on the other side of the road though. He pulls out and then swerves back in, seeing a German car coming the other way. Both cars swerve off and both people die?

I think perhaps I am going to have to give the answer. It's a more simple concept than what is being guessed.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:35 PM
I give up. Please tell

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:38 PM
[quote=canuckin]2
englishman is driving down the wrong side of the road

as the two cars pass each other the german yells something to the english

This is correct so far.

The non-German is not necessarily English. That is'nt important though.

canuckin
April 26th, 2006, 3:44 PM
do i need to know any german to figure this out?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:46 PM
The englishman was driving on the wrong side of the road. The german driving the other way swore at the englishman before haing to swerve off the roa and die. The englishmen then realises what he was doing and swerves back to the right side but skids and dies?

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 3:49 PM
One of the drivers is a foreigner and travelling the wrong way up the autobahn as the other man is driving down it. Both men have their driver's side window open. The German native leans out to yell at the crazy foreigner and as he does so the foreigner's head connects with the German's. Both die instantaneously from the impact. Believe it or not no serious crashes or accidents were caused by these events.

Apparently, one driver run out of fuel and the other's tyre popped causing them to veer off into a side-ditch.

Next Brain-teaser ?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:50 PM
That's just evil.

Kenwa
April 26th, 2006, 3:53 PM
Excellent! Has anyone heard the one about 3 lightbulbs and 3 switches?

If you care:

3 lights are in a room. No light escapes the room. Outside the room there are 3 switches. Each switch controls a separate light. How can you enter the room only once, and be 100% sure about which switch controls each light?

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 3:54 PM
Label the switches 1, 2 and 3. Switch 1 and 2 on. Leave them on for 5 minutes. Turn 2 off. Enter the room. If the lightbulb is on, then it's 1. If it's off but the bulb is still hot, it's 2. If it's off and cold, it's 3.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 3:55 PM
I know this one but forgot it.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 3:58 PM
Fantastic Mikey. I hadn't thought of that.

A man is found hanged in an empty room. He committed suicide. No one assisted him. There is no furniture or anything else that he could have stood on to get himself in the noose. The only thing in the room is the noose, the corpse and a puddle of water below the body.

How did he hang himself?

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:00 PM
He stood on a block of ice to get himself in the noose.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:01 PM
I suggest we put our answers in spoilers so we don't spoil it for other peopel still working it out...

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:02 PM
But if it is right it is right. No more guessing.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 4:02 PM
A man is found dead outside of a bar. Around his body are 53 Bicycles. The police determined that they were related to his death. They also determined that he was beaten to death by a group of people.

Why was he killed?

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:03 PM
Because he drove a car?

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 4:05 PM
No

Pay attention to the way the entire statement is made. It is important to figuring out the solution.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:07 PM
He was in a cycling race. The bar is a metal bar from his bike. He died since everyone went into him/ran him over?

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 4:07 PM
No, but I like your idea.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:11 PM
The man cheated in a gambling game, and one of the players got jealous and killed him, and left with the money. Bicycles are a brand of cards.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:11 PM
Damn. I was sure that was right as well :(

Slim Shady
April 26th, 2006, 4:14 PM
The man cheated in a gambling game, and one of the players got jealous and killed him, and left with the money. Bicycles are a brand of cards.

I was thinking about this.. But it says 53, not 52. Then it just hit me.. He had a card up his sleeve.

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 4:16 PM
This is correct

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:18 PM
What is the longest word that can be typed on a keyboard on the the same row?

PMBR
April 26th, 2006, 4:19 PM
Thats not a brain teaser Hatred. That is a trivia question.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:25 PM
Typewriter

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:25 PM
Jon Married 5 people in one day without geting a divorce. How is this legal?

That better?

Slim Shady
April 26th, 2006, 4:26 PM
He's a mormen.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:30 PM
A man decided to go bear hunting one day. He travelled 5 miles south of his camp, 5 miles west and 5 miles north again. There, he found himself outside his camp with a bear standing right there!

What colour was the bear?

Slim Shady
April 26th, 2006, 4:31 PM
Brown?

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:32 PM
The hunter is at the north pole, and the bear is a white polar bear.

Mikey_Jones
April 26th, 2006, 4:32 PM
Corrrect hatred from the soul

Kenwa
April 26th, 2006, 4:33 PM
white, it was a polar bear. If I'm right, I pass my turn.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:33 PM
Inside a car there was a dead man who was shot in the head by another person. The car had its windows rolled up tight, the doors were locked, the car was not running, and there were NO bullet holes anywhere on the car. How did the suspect kill this man?

Slim Shady
April 26th, 2006, 4:34 PM
He was already in the car.

Kenwa

That better?

He's a priest or JP, or something similar.. like a ship's captain

PMBR
The killer was in the car with the victim when he shot him.

Bennedy
April 26th, 2006, 4:35 PM
He was already in the car.

Nope not quite but that was a good guess.

Bad Collin

That better?

He's a priest?

EDIT: Damn you Kenwa :)

Bennedy
He's a priest or JP, or something similar.. like a ship's captain

Yeah that is it.

relentless
April 26th, 2006, 7:03 PM
Inside a car there was a dead man who was shot in the head by another person. The car had its windows rolled up tight, the doors were locked, the car was not running, and there were NO bullet holes anywhere on the car. How did the suspect kill this man?

Was there any gaps other than bullet-holes in the car?

If so, someone hit a golf ball through the back window, smashing it and hitting the driver in the side of the temple?

mth
April 26th, 2006, 11:23 PM
He could have killed him first, and then put him in the car.

TapOut
April 27th, 2006, 12:46 AM
These brain teasers suck.

There's far too many perfectly feasible options for it to really be a brain teaser. Suicide? Passenger killed the driver in the car, then left? Passenger placed the body in the car?

These are more or less games of 21 questions as oppossed to brain teasers.

Slim Shady
April 27th, 2006, 12:51 AM
An airplane crashes at the border of US and Canada.. Where do you bury the survivers? :shifty:

TapOut
April 27th, 2006, 1:02 AM
An airplane crashes at the border of US and Canada.. Where do you bury the survivers? :shifty:

In a shallow grave after you club them in the head with a snow shovel.

Slim Shady
April 27th, 2006, 1:04 AM
That works better when said outloud :$

Bennedy
April 27th, 2006, 2:05 AM

Was there any gaps other than bullet-holes in the car?

If so, someone hit a golf ball through the back window, smashing it and hitting the driver in the side of the temple?

There was gaps in the car. Think more about the car than anything else.

Takerholic
April 27th, 2006, 4:47 AM
maybe the person who shot the gun was inside the vehicle with the person who was shot? All it says is that the windows were up, the doors were locked, the car was not running, and there were no bullet holes....if the passenger shoots the driver in the head, then this goes with all of those rules.

relentless
April 27th, 2006, 8:53 AM
There was gaps in the car. Think more about the car than anything else.

This confused me then I realized what you meant. Cheap. lol

The car had a soft-top roof open?

If right, someone take my go.

Bennedy
April 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah mate you are right.

PMBR
April 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Take away my first letter and I am unchanged;
Take away my second letter and I am unchanged;
Take away all my remaining letters and I am still unchanged!

What am I?

Bennedy
April 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Is that not a riddle?

PMBR
April 27th, 2006, 11:39 AM
True.... but answer it anyway you stupid son of a bitch.

just kidding
not really. you are a fucking douchebag
no seriously. im just kidding.

relentless
April 27th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I know the answer. But I'm going to let others work it out for themselves.

Mikey_Jones
April 27th, 2006, 1:08 PM
Don't read if you don't want the answer

Your a postbox

PMBR
April 27th, 2006, 1:12 PM
You are correct Mikey.

relentless
April 27th, 2006, 3:59 PM
*warning* to get the answer to this brain-teaser you have to be creative and think outside the box.

4 people sailing in a life-boat. All smokers, and 3 emergency cigarettes. There is NOTHING else other than the people in the life-boat. How do they ignite the smokes?

PMBR
April 27th, 2006, 4:10 PM
They dont

Am I right?

relentless
April 27th, 2006, 4:12 PM
They light the cigarettes.

Mikey_Jones
April 27th, 2006, 4:18 PM
Ignore

relentless
April 27th, 2006, 5:24 PM
Clue - The answer may be not serious.

Cameron
April 27th, 2006, 8:05 PM
Here's a brain teaser, and it was an SAT question. Think about it, but it's tricky.

You're in a house, absolutely nothing is in the house besides you, a downstairs square room, and then a staircase leading upstairs to an identical square room with only a lightbulb at the ceiling and nothing else.

There are 3 lightswitches on the wall downstairs that control the lightbulb upstairs. If you are only allowed to move away from the switches to go upstairs and check ONCE to see what switch turns the light on, how do you figure it out?

And before anyone asks, you don't just guess, you cannot see the light shining down the steps, and you can't trick anyone and go up more the once. :derr:

canuckin
April 27th, 2006, 9:00 PM
are the light switches dimmers?

Cameron
April 27th, 2006, 9:46 PM
No, they're regular light switches.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Do the 2 switches that don't turn on the light upstairs switch on any lights downstairs?

If so. You wait until you see which switches turn on lights downstairs and when 2 lights are lit by process of elimination you know that the remaining switch must turn on the light, upstairs.

TapOut
April 28th, 2006, 1:05 AM
There is no feasible answer.

You have three switches. You only have one trip. It's impossible.

The answer has to be some stupid explanation like "Go Outside and look at a window" or some crazy shit. There's no reasonable answer like "turn on the middle and left switch, go upstairs, then come back down". There's no way to do it.

BUT...

If there is, PM me the answer.....

greebull
April 28th, 2006, 1:26 AM
It's not impossible at all.

You turn the first switch on for about ten minutes or so and then turn it off.

Then you turn the second switch on.

Go upstairs.

If the light is on, then the second switch is the right one.

If the lightbulb is off and hot, it is the first switch.

If the lightbulb is off and cold, it is the third switch.

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 1:56 AM
It's not impossible at all.

You turn the first switch on for about ten minutes or so and then turn it off.

Then you turn the second switch on.

Go upstairs.

If the light is on, then the second switch is the right one.

If the lightbulb is off and hot, it is the first switch.

If the lightbulb is off and cold, it is the third switch.

Gangsta. That is 100% correct.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 2:21 AM
Thats been done earlier in the thread!

http://forums.rajah.com/showpost.php?p=4359966&postcount=48
http://forums.rajah.com/showpost.php?p=4359974&postcount=49

TapOut
April 28th, 2006, 2:42 AM
Aha, I'm proven wrong. That actually is a very good one.

The rest are shit though.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 2:48 AM
What comes next in this sequence:

?

Aeida
April 28th, 2006, 3:15 AM
1 = 1 One (11)
11 = 2 Ones (21)
21 = 1 Two and 1 One (1211)
1211 = 1 One, 1 Two and 2 Ones (111221)
111221 = 3 Ones, 2 Twos and 1 One (312211)
312211 = 1 Three, 1 One, 2 Twos and Two Ones (13112221)
13112221 = 1 One, 1 Three, 2 Ones, 3 Twos, 1 One (1113213211)

Answer is 1113213211

If the difference of two numbers is 9 and their product is 17, what is the sum of their squares?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 8:47 AM
*warning* to get the answer to this brain-teaser you have to be creative and think outside the box.

4 people sailing in a life-boat. All smokers, and 3 emergency cigarettes. There is NOTHING else other than the people in the life-boat. How do they ignite the smokes?

They throw the fourth person over-board to make the boat "a little lighter". Haha. :D

Ok, serious one now.

Always coming never here,
In the distance - very near.
Sweat and tears are shed to me,
Blood and lives are lost for me.

I am hope for those who strive,
Hope denied, for I never arrive.
To some a maiden of love and light,
To others a curse of dread and night.
What or who am I?

If you look up the answer. Don't play.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 9:45 AM
i have a feeling it's something abstract, like rest or contentment.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 9:47 AM
i have a feeling it's something abstract, like rest or contentment.

Wrong.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 9:48 AM
A mirror?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 9:53 AM
I don't many people that lose their lives for mirrors.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 9:56 AM
A mirror?

No

mth
April 28th, 2006, 9:58 AM
Can we ask questions? 'Cuz i have some...

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Depends what they are?

Try me.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Is the wording of the puzzle important? Particularly the word 'maiden'?

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Damn you relentless!;)

Are blood sweat and tears important?

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Is it an object?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Is the wording of the puzzle important? Particularly the word 'maiden'?

One line in the riddle is very important from my perspective.

Not the word "maiden" though.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Damn you relentless!;)

Are blood sweat and tears important?

Don't dwell on that part of the rhyme, otherwise it will confuse you. :p

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Is it an object?

That is too general of a question, I am not answering that.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 10:14 AM

i noticed the first part there is "to me" as opposed to the second part where it's "for me"....is that important to note, or am i just looking too hard? :p

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Is it a physcical object you can hold and touch?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:26 AM

i noticed the first part there is "to me" as opposed to the second part where it's "for me"....is that important to note, or am i just looking too hard? :p

Both those lines are as important as each other. Because both are very true.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Is it a physcical object you can hold and touch?

It might be lol.

Read the lines carefully and think of your own lives.

I am not giving anymore clues, yet.

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Don't dwell on that part of the rhyme, otherwise it will confuse you. :p

Blahaha too late! Is it...a job/employment, along those lines?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Blahaha too late! Is it...a job/employment, along those lines?

I'm not saying.

Something you just typed ironically enough could be connected to the answer, though. :)

Going through every word you wrote with a fine tooth comb will result in silence. :evilgrin:

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 10:45 AM
:lol: You sneaky bugger relentless! So I might possibly nearly maybe be on the right track?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Time?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM
:lol: You sneaky bugger relentless! So I might possibly nearly maybe be on the right track?

You might. Then again, you might not. ;)

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Time?

Good answer.

Getting warmer. But that is not the answer I require.

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Is it the future?:dunno:

darkhorse
April 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM
tomorrow?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I bet it's tomorrow, too. :yes:

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 11:23 AM
...and tomorrow is the future, right?:happysad:

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 11:25 AM
tomorrow?

Is the correct answer. :)

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
...and tomorrow is the future, right?:happysad:

Tomorrow never comes don't you know your Garth? Haha

You get no credit for trying to capitalise on another's idea.

Shame on you. lol

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 11:29 AM
:cry: I was almost there.

Got any more?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I've got one....

A woman wakes up in the night for a midnight snack. After she eats something, she turns off the light and goes back to bed.
In the morning, she reads the newspaper and discovers a ship has crashed and several people have died. She then commits suicide.
Why?

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
The obvious answer is she ate cheese and had a nightmare, so none of it really happened, it was a dream.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 11:35 AM
The obvious answer would be incorrect then. :p

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I knew you would say that;) .

Is this like the penguin teaser?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM
not nearly as ridiculous as that one, no.

Newf
April 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Her husband was on the ship?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Nope, she didn't know anyone on the ship...although, it really wouldn't matter either way.

Newf
April 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Shit, no. She lives in a lighthouse. Just remembered.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Bingo. :yes:

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
A woman wakes up in the night for a midnight snack. After she eats something, she turns off the light and goes back to bed.
In the morning, she reads the newspaper and discovers a ship has crashed and several people have died. She then commits suicide.
Why?

Is what she eats relevant to the answer?

Was she going to commit suicide prior to reading the newspaper?

Was the ship that crashed The Titanic per chance?

mth
April 28th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Too late, relentless, Newfy just got it.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see that stand up in court. lol

Clever, Nice. :yes:

mth
April 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
i used to know several of these things, so i'll scrounge my brain to remember another, if i'm able...

Lexi M
April 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I have a really rubbish one if any wants me to post it.

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Please do, Lexi. I'll solve one yet!

Lexi M
April 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Ok then :)

A man is trapped in a room with nothing but a piece of wood and a saw. The room is impossible to escape out of but he manages to do so. How?

I warn you, it's rubbish!

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I know this one, and it's no better than the damn penguin one ! :p

mth
April 28th, 2006, 12:41 PM
i know it, too...but i'll let Alicia get it.

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I'm so rubbish at these it's not funny.:(

Give me a wee clue? Does he make something with the wood?

Thanks mth.:irked:

Lexi M
April 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
He uses the wood

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 12:48 PM
God damn, I remember hearing that one and being pissed at the answer.

There's something to do with sawing the wood in half... or something to do with a wall. I cannot remember.

Lexi M
April 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Almost there!

mth
April 28th, 2006, 1:14 PM
i won't say anything....you'll be upset with the answer, though, i have a feeling.

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 1:15 PM
Wait, I think I got it...

Does he cut a hole in the wall, use the wood for a door and walk out?

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 1:15 PM
Letting Alicia get it apparently...PM coming your way Lexi.

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 1:16 PM
Hahaha, yeah that's actually it. I knew the answer was something ridiculous.

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 1:17 PM
Here's one... people might have heard it already, but for those who haven't...

A man rides into town on Friday, stays three days and still manages to leave on Friday. How so?

Newf
April 28th, 2006, 1:19 PM
:nono: Cameron, Cameron, Cameron... I thought you were better than that.

Lexi M
April 28th, 2006, 1:19 PM
Wait, I think I got it...

Does he cut a hole in the wall, use the wood for a door and walk out?

Nope.

I know the answer to your brainteaser.

Friday was the horse.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:20 PM
I know this one too. I won't spoilt it. I have a good one though.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:22 PM
What is greater than God,
More evil than the Devil,
The poor have it,
The rich want it,
but if you eat me,
you'll die?

If you know the answer, shhhh.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 1:27 PM
I got one:

The person who made me doesn't want me
The person who brought me doesn't need me
The person who uses me doesn't realise.

What am I?

Alicia
April 28th, 2006, 1:32 PM
Here's one... people might have heard it already, but for those who haven't...

A man rides into town on Friday, stays three days and still manages to leave on Friday. How so?

I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!:hyper:

Not a clue about Lexi's though.

mth
April 28th, 2006, 1:42 PM
What is greater than God,
More evil than the Devil,
The poor have it,
The rich want it,
but if you eat me,
you'll die?

If you know the answer, shhhh.
i know that one. :)
Nothing
Oh, and as for Lexi's:
Uses the saw to cut the wood in half. Takes the two halves, puts them together to make a whole (hole), and climbs out the hole.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:44 PM
Nothing
Oh, and as for Lexi's:
Uses the saw to cut the wood in half. Takes the two halves, puts them together to make a whole (hole), and climbs out the hole.

Yup

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:46 PM
I got one:

The person who made me doesn't want me
The person who brought me doesn't need me
The person who uses me doesn't realise.

What am I?

A coffin

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 1:48 PM
A coffin

Correct.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:52 PM
Lisa walked out the back door of the farmhouse on a Thursday afternoon and found a man's pipe, a scarf and three lumps of coal lying on the wet grass. They weren't there on Tuesday and no one had been near the house for weeks.

Where did the objects come from?

greebull
April 28th, 2006, 1:53 PM
Nothing
Oh, and as for Lexi's:

How is nothing greater than God?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I just got it. Sorry, guys. Carry on.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 1:53 PM
Snowman....poor guy :(

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 1:57 PM
Snowman....poor guy :(

Yes, easy one that.

Ok time for a hard one. You won't know this without working it out or cheating.

Linda, an investigator who became famous after solving the murder of Maximillion Warbucks, has started her own private practice. She is searching the mansion of the multibillionaire Bigmoney Richman in hopes of finding some of Bigmoney's priceless diamonds that were hidden there by his disgruntled former butler. All that the butler left was a note that read "Can't help a novice detective every lighted inch! Elevation required!" It does not take Linda long at all to locate the diamonds, much to Bigmoney's pleasure. Where were they?

greebull
April 28th, 2006, 1:59 PM
The chandelier?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 2:01 PM
hmmmm correct.

Lets make a new rule. If you think you know the answer pm it to whoever's brain teaser it is. That way people aren't tempted to press the spoiler button. :)

greebull
April 28th, 2006, 2:05 PM
hmmmm correct.

Lets make a new rule. If you think you know the answer pm it to whoever's brain teaser it is. That way people aren't tempted to press the spoiler button. :)

Sorry, man. I really never heard that one before. I just took a guess.

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 2:20 PM
You are walking in a field. You find something to eat which is not meat and has no bones. You put it in your pocket and take it home with you. 3 days later it's not where you put it or anywhere else in the house. Why?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 2:32 PM
I swear people are looking the answers up.

Ok, this one is defintely harder. If someone guesses this straight away I call foul play. lol

Carol is travelling by ship from south of the equator to the north.

She has a nice little second class cabin which has a bathroom, but no window.

Carol has no compass nor other instruments.
Yet, without leaving her room or talking with anyone, Carol knew exactly when the ship crossed the equator.

How did she know?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 2:48 PM
Pah fuck ya, find your own brain teasers from now on. lol

We need another story but not as complex.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 2:48 PM
Was I right?

relentless
April 28th, 2006, 3:15 PM
Yes. You and mth were both right.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 4:08 PM
mth obviously cheated :shifty:

A man walked into a shop and had the following conversation with the assistant:

Man: How much is 1?

Assistant: £5 sir.

Man: Right. How much are 10?

Assistant: £10 sir.

Man: Right....I'll take 100 please.

Assistant: Certainly sir. That'll be £15 please.

Just what was the man buying?

Cameron
April 28th, 2006, 4:15 PM
I swear people are looking the answers up.

Ok, this one is defintely harder. If someone guesses this straight away I call foul play. lol

Carol is travelling by ship from south of the equator to the north.

She has a nice little second class cabin which has a bathroom, but no window.

Carol has no compass nor other instruments.
Yet, without leaving her room or talking with anyone, Carol knew exactly when the ship crossed the equator.

How did she know?

Is it the way the water spins in the toilet bowl?

I learned that in physics my senior year of high school.

Newf
April 28th, 2006, 4:17 PM
mth obviously cheated :shifty:

Numbers... like for his house or door or mailbox.

TapOut
April 28th, 2006, 4:30 PM

They throw the fourth person over-board to make the boat "a little lighter". Haha. :D

Ok, serious one now.

Always coming never here,
In the distance - very near.

I am hope for those who strive,
Hope denied, for I never arrive.
To some a maiden of love and light,
To others a curse of dread and night.
What or who am I?

If you look up the answer. Don't play.

This one also sounds like it could be the rapture.

Mikey_Jones
April 28th, 2006, 4:35 PM
Numbers... like for his house or door or mailbox.

Correct

greebull
April 28th, 2006, 5:31 PM

Sorry, but your physics teacher was wrong. That's a myth.

http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.htm

mth
April 28th, 2006, 5:34 PM
Holy crap. ...and to think, that was the focal point of multiple jokes on The Simpsons.

relentless
April 29th, 2006, 5:51 AM

Regardless of physics that is the answer, yes.

relentless
April 29th, 2006, 5:51 AM
This one also sounds like it could be the rapture.

No.

The answer has already been given back in the thread.

relentless
April 29th, 2006, 5:52 AM
Pandora, Harry, Alec, Gemima and Geoffrey are animals in a zoo. The other day one of them ate an animal called Tabitha. Who ate her and what type of animal was it?

Mikey_Jones
April 29th, 2006, 7:08 AM
Are they anagrams?

TapOut
April 30th, 2006, 8:44 AM
No.

The answer has already been given back in the thread.

No shit. I saw the answer. I just wanted to make a point that the description sounds eerily like the second coming of God.

That's why I said 'also sounds like it could be the rapture'. And it does sound like it could be the rapture.

relentless
May 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Are they anagrams?

No. Look at the question closely.

relentless
May 3rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
No shit. I saw the answer. I just wanted to make a point that the description sounds eerily like the second coming of God.

That's why I said 'also sounds like it could be the rapture'. And it does sound like it could be the rapture.

I understand now. I read what you said in the wrong context.

Snarky McBullhorn
August 5th, 2006, 6:30 PM
Pandora, Harry, Alec, Gemima and Geoffrey are animals in a zoo. The other day one of them ate an animal called Tabitha. Who ate her and what type of animal was it?

do the names have anything to do with the type of animal?

skulldice
August 5th, 2006, 6:46 PM
Looks like this fella got banned for something he said elsewhere. Anyone else wanna take over?:idea:

Mikey_Jones
August 10th, 2006, 5:12 PM
Alec ate her (Alligator)

Snarky McBullhorn
August 10th, 2006, 6:27 PM
Alec ate her (Alligator)

that's just crazy enough to be right :wtf:

Leesh
April 7th, 2007, 3:18 AM
I haven't played in this thread before... And i'm mighty bored.

And we all know how much the trivia folk love riddles... :heart:

An island and the letter "t" have something in common. What is it?

eugenespeed
April 7th, 2007, 5:13 AM
Is it a particular island, or just any old island, or even just the world island.

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 5:18 AM
They're both in the middle of water? You know.. waTer.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 5:18 AM
Is it Thailand?

eugenespeed
April 7th, 2007, 5:20 AM

:banghead:

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 5:31 AM
A man kills his brother in plain sight of many people, and yet he will never be charged with murder or any other crime. Why not?

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 5:34 AM
Video Game?

The killer was a siamese twin and it would eb unfair to send the innocent guy to jail?

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 5:35 AM
But then the innocent guy would be dead.. :shifty:

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 5:38 AM
The siamese twin has another brother :D

Leesh
April 7th, 2007, 5:43 AM

:naughty:

Leesh
April 7th, 2007, 5:46 AM
A man kills his brother in plain sight of many people, and yet he will never be charged with murder or any other crime. Why not?

The man is an executioner, and his brother had been sentenced to death.

A man had twelve toothpicks in front of him. He took one away. Now he had nine in front of him. How is this possible?

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 5:46 AM
:naughty:

Is that a "I wanna be the the middle of water with you" smiley? If so.. How innaproperate that is ;)

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 5:49 AM
I think it's roman numerals. Is that right?

eugenespeed
April 7th, 2007, 6:02 AM
Roman Numerals?

12 is XII

take away an I you're left with XI, or 11. Unless he switched them round.

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 6:06 AM
The other 11 spelled out the word "NINE"

I dunno how to explain it.. I drew it out..

|\| | |\| |_ that L is an E

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 6:11 AM
YEah, Roman Numerals.

Make it X I I

Take one away to get X I

Look upside down to get I X, or 9

Slim Shady
April 7th, 2007, 6:14 AM
Well I'm off to bed.. If I was right, Mikey, you can pick out the next one.

:wave:

Leesh
April 7th, 2007, 6:31 AM
Is that a "I wanna be the the middle of water with you" smiley? If so.. How innaproperate that is ;)

It was actually a "Smartass raise the eyebrows because he got it right" smiley.

You know me and my violent spasms though, I might have a sudden urge to drown you if we go swimming.

Don't say you weren't warned. :nono:

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 9:57 AM
Eh, I'll do one.

Sweet_Chin_Music
April 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Is he buying numbers? Where the amount of numbers determines the cost, where 1 is 5, 10 has two numbers...so it's ten...and 100 has three numbers(being 1,0, and 0) thus making it cost 15.

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Eh, I'll do one.

Is it numbers for his front door, ie: house no. 100, so the numbers 1, 0 and 0 cost 15 pounds.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Congrats to ya both.

If you look I used it earlier in this thread, I couldn't think of a new one.

Either of you two then

Sam
April 7th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Alicia, you are definitely invited to the next edition of the Total Trivia Tournament.

:yes:

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Pirate Pete had been captured by a Spanish general and sentenced to death by his 50-man firing squad.

Pete cringed, as he knew their reputation for being the worst firing squad in the Spanish military. They were such bad shots that they would often all miss their targets and simply maim their victims, leaving them to bleed to death, as the general's tradition was to only allow one shot per man to save on ammunition. The thought of a slow painful death made Pete beg for mercy.

"Very well, I have some compassion. You may choose where the men stand when they shoot you and I will add 50 extra men to the squad to ensure someone will at least hit you. Perhaps if they stand closer they will kill you quicker, if you're lucky," snickered the general. "Oh, and just so you don't get any funny ideas, they can't stand more than 20 ft away, they must be facing you, and you must remain tied to the post in the middle of the yard. And to show I'm not totally heartless, if you aren't dead by sundown I'll release you so you can die peacefully outside the compound. I must go now but will return tomorrow and see to it that you are buried in a nice spot, though with 100 men, I doubt there will be much left of you to bury."

After giving his instructions the general left. Upon his return the next day, he found that Pete had been set free alive and well. "How could this be?" demanded the general. "It was where Pete had us stand," explained the captain of the squad.

Where did Pete tell them to stand?

Edit: Let me know when it starts then, Sam!

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 12:24 PM
He makes them all stand in a straight line so he can only see the first one, who misses him?

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Wrong, Mikey.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM
But it works... :(

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM
BUT IT'S WRONG! :tantrum:

Although it is a good answer.

Sam
April 7th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Stood in a circle so they'd end up shooting each other?

Although I do like Mikey's better.

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
You are correct, Mr. Vimes.

Pete told them to form a circle around him. All the squad was facing in at Pete, ready to shoot, when they realized that everyone who missed would likely end up shooting another squad member. So no one dared to fire, knowing the risk. Thus at sundown he was released.

I don't know any good ones :(

Sam
April 7th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm not using any of mine here- I've got a trivia tournament to run and limited smarts to do it on. :D

Mikey- post the next one.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Gah, gimme a minute to think of a good one

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 1:02 PM
Right, here we go:

Two brothers were born in March and have their birthdays in October

Explain how it's possible, considering I've not lied.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 1:16 PM
Since everyone has probably missed this due to the BB post....

Bump

Alicia
April 7th, 2007, 1:44 PM
March was the name of the town in which they were born.

Mikey_Jones
April 7th, 2007, 1:56 PM
Congrats :(

PMBR
April 7th, 2007, 1:56 PM
Very nice Alicia. You beat me to it.

Leesh
April 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
*Steals the next go, since it's been a few hours*

It can be said:
To be gold is to be good;
To be stone is to be nothing;