PDA

View Full Version : IMPACT Rebellion 4/28/19

Hero!
April 23rd, 2019, 2:45 PM
IMPACT Wrestling presents Rebellion 2019.

The card so far:

IMPACT World Championship: Johnny Mundo (c) vs Brian Cage w/ Lance Storm as special guest referee
IMPACT Knockout's championship: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs Jordynne Grace
IMPACT Tag team championship: Lucha Bros (c) vs LAX FULL METAL MAYHEM
IMPACT X Division Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs Sami Callihan
Gail Kim vs Tessa Blanchard

The build:

World championship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVooKtQiWM

Hero!
April 23rd, 2019, 2:46 PM
X Division championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBgY25-NaI

Hero!
April 23rd, 2019, 2:49 PM
Kim vs Tessa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tK3nzn-xE

Donald
April 23rd, 2019, 2:56 PM
Might check this out to see Rich Swann and Lance Storm. Is it airing on twitch?

Nash Diesel
April 23rd, 2019, 3:10 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/b4/a6/b8b4a620e8f1a77b938d2f9286d78a43.gif

MTR
April 23rd, 2019, 4:44 PM
I have to say I sort of keep up with Impact because I see a lot of the clips and such on their facebook page that I follow. They do have some talent there and some of what I see is not bad.

Nash Diesel
April 23rd, 2019, 4:50 PM
For me it feels like I have missed so much since they left Spike. I was able to catch stuff here and there like the Broken stuff and just clips here and there over the years that I'd see on YouTube. I know I saw a little bit of them on Pop or some other channel, idk they've bounced around so much over the last 4-5 years.

I will say this....The one storyline that's stood out going into this show is the Tessa Blanchard/Gail Kim angle. "Old" v. "New" so to speak. I wasn't feeling the promo Tessa did trying to discredit Gail Kim by saying she's basically a bra and panties match Diva type when Gail is responsible for IMHO revolutionizing women's wrestling in the mainstream. Not on her own but a cornerstone, 1 of like 3 wrestlers who helped change the masses opinions.

Outside of that, just watching from purely a fan of WRESTLING point of view, this card could be pretty sweet.

Hero!
April 23rd, 2019, 5:58 PM
I have to say I sort of keep up with Impact because I see a lot of the clips and such on their facebook page that I follow. They do have some talent there and some of what I see is not bad.

Impact is the best North American wrestling company right now. The weekly show is amazing and the the talent is all so fresh and exciting. Ever since Don callis took over, it’s a completely diff company from TNA.

Bagel
April 24th, 2019, 3:13 PM
Probably not since they were on Pop TV is the last time I followed Impact though I've searched around for spoilers to see what's going on. Looked at the roster, the womens (ahem, knockouts) division looks really solid. What else is going on to check out? Johnny Whatever is now a heel? If so, how's that working out?

Last I remember Moose and some other guy were the muscle for Aries who I realize is long gone.

Murphy
April 25th, 2019, 7:19 AM
Does this air in the UK? I have a feeling Impact is on 5 Star now, or 5 USA...

mth
April 29th, 2019, 12:16 AM
Sure was a hot thread in here tonight...

Murphy
April 29th, 2019, 4:41 AM
:lol:

Hero!
April 29th, 2019, 8:02 AM
Sure was a hot thread in here tonight...

Going up against the biggest ever episode of Game of Thrones was not a wise idea viewership-wise.

ill be watching this tomorrow

Donald
April 29th, 2019, 8:10 AM
Just like MITB going up against the series finale.

Spudz Mackenzie
April 29th, 2019, 8:44 AM
I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I also forgot this was on.

I caught the new Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy and then watched Home Improvement reruns and took a nap.

I did see on Twitter that Mike Elgin is in.

So.. that's a thing?

Sinner
April 29th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Did not watch, spoilers made my glad I didn't. Show sounds boring!

-LAX vs Lucha Brothers part 12
-Impact vs. Cage in month 8 of their feud
-Petey Williams
-Boring factions like The North, The Rascalz, etc.

Ehh

Bring in Ishii

Donald
April 29th, 2019, 2:02 PM
Also bring back Steiner

VHS
April 29th, 2019, 2:45 PM
Every now and then I'll look in on what Impact is doing. Their Youtube page is mainly where I'll go and as good as their roster looks... their overall product lacks intensity. It looks and sounds so bearen. The commentary is meh... the crowd is meh... and the matches are meh.

Bagel
April 29th, 2019, 4:19 PM
Every now and then I'll look in on what Impact is doing. Their Youtube page is mainly where I'll go and as good as their roster looks... their overall product lacks intensity. It looks and sounds so bearen. The commentary is meh... the crowd is meh... and the matches are meh.

I get my Impact fix watching Pluto TV. It's mostly old shows and PPVs they air on there, back before a lot of it went to shit. Seen some good stuff on there recently.