PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NFL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Pablo Diablo
February 6th, 2019, 9:08 AM
2018 is done now. Pats won again.

Can another AFC team make it to the Super Bowl this season?
Where do you want your team to focus on this upcoming draft?
Is your team just going to continue it’s many years of mediocrity?

It’s the 2019 NFL Thread!

Percussion
February 6th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Probably not.
The best OT or CB available - Greg Little, Andre Dillard, Cody Ford, Byron Murphy, Deandre Baker, etc.
Probably, I have little confidence Bill O'Brien can beat top tier coaches.

Fro
February 6th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Can another AFC team make it to the Super Bowl this season? Yes. If not for Dee Ford lining up offsides in the AFC championship game, the Chiefs would have gone to the Super Bowl and the Patriots would have been deprived of Title #6. I give the Patriots a mere 40% chance of returning to the big game in 2019. There are plenty of good teams in the AFC, it is a conference on the rise.

Where do you want your team to focus on this upcoming draft? Tight end. Wide receiver. Quarterback. Safety.

Is your team just going to continue it’s many years of mediocrity? N/A

Fro
February 6th, 2019, 11:38 AM
General predictions on my team's offseason:

Gronk retires.

Dorsett and Patterson re-sign for relatively small money deals (Hogan is gone). Trade for a solid WR, someone you wouldn't expect. I'd like to say we'll sign Golden Tate and it's possible but I don't think it'll happen. He'll be 31 when the season starts and I don't see them investing FA money in him.

Trey Flowers re-signs for major money. Maybe they use the franchise tag if needed. This is by far our biggest UFA to watch. It will take a lot to keep him but losing him would create a huge hole in the pass rush.

Draft a QB in round 2 or 3.

Trent Brown gets a huge deal, from someone else. What a trade that was last offseason. He's a beast and one of the key reasons we won the title (IMO) but I don't think they'll pay him.

I don't know what's going to happen with the McCourty twins. Devin's cap hit is so high ($13.4 mil) that he will probably have to restructure to return, which increases the likelihood he will retire. Jason is a UFA and I feel like he loves it here so much (finally getting a taste of winning) that he would re-sign for under market value. I will predict they both return for 1 more year together. They finally got the play together, it was a dream come true, how can they not do it another year? They'll only be 32 years old next season. It would be a big loss to lose them both.

Percussion
February 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
QB Daniel Jones seems very Belichick/Patriot-y.

PurePlayer
February 6th, 2019, 11:48 AM
For the love of God, can someone in the AFC beat the Pats?

3puppies
February 6th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Can another AFC team make it to the Super Bowl this season? Can they, I'd say yes, but the more important question is will they? Since the Pats will still have the best coach, and they will still have Brady, along with most of the same offensive line, plus a stud in Sony Michel, I doubt anyone else steps up.

Where do you want your team to focus on this upcoming draft? I want the Pats to get their future QB in the draft. Brady won't last til he's 45. But they are also thin at WR, and always can use help on the defensive line.

Is your team just going to continue it’s many years of mediocrity? My team will continue their many years of superiority

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Fro So come on mate, what we expecting from Flores? Also quite a few staff he’s taking with him are they any good? Will he get us to the Super Bowl in 5 years if he’s there that long? What’s the feeling from your side he’s joined the enemy? I mean he was at your place for 11 years.

Fro
February 6th, 2019, 1:03 PM
Fro So come on mate, what we expecting from Flores? Also quite a few staff he’s taking with him are they any good? Will he get us to the Super Bowl in 5 years if he’s there that long? What’s the feeling from your side he’s joined the enemy? I mean he was at your place for 11 years.

Shit idk man. He never got much public shine here. Safeties coach then linebackers coach - he wasn't even given the defensive coordinator title this year despite being given the play calling duties (this is something Belichick has done in the past - when promoting from within, he lets you call plays a year before he actually names you coordinator). I've seen Chad O'Shea speak just as much as I've seen Flores speak. Flores is best known for shouting "Malcolm GO!" as he subbed in Butler for the game winning interception in SB49.

So yea, who the hell knows. I have seen and heard far less of him than I did Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels when they left. I think it's good he's bringing O'Shea with him to be OC. O'Shea was expected to take that role in New England if McDaniels left. Flores is well regarded and the Pats defense performed better this year than they did last year under Patricia, with an all time great defensive Super Bowl performance.

The feeling on our side is that we don't really care. It sucks to lose him when he was just stepping into the DC role but everything is roses right now so no one is bothered by it. Greg Schiano will be hired to replace him. I'm fine with that.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2019, 1:44 PM
Cheers mate. I don’t know where I stand on it all but I’ll back him as always.

BigAl
February 6th, 2019, 2:14 PM
Can another AFC team make it to the Super Bowl?
I think Brady & Co. will make it back again. Can another team? Sure. Like Fro said, the AFC boasts several good teams. I just don't see it happening though.

Where do you want your team to focus on in the draft?
Defensive line mostly, probably WR as well. Colts need somebody to line up on the opposite side of the field from TY. Although a lot of Colts blogs are predicting the team goes heavy on CB/S this draft.

Is your team going to continue its many years of mediocrity?
Tough call. Colts were really a tale of two teams last year: a dreadful team in weeks 1-6 and week 18 and what looked to be an unstoppable force in weeks 7-17. If the offensive line continues to give Luck time to throw AND they can avoid giving up sacks, I like where the team can end up. But if the O line fails, it's right back to mediocrity.

_me
February 6th, 2019, 2:39 PM
I would take the field over the Pats simply for the math. Making 4 SB in 5 years hasn't been done since the Bills.

Honey_Badger
February 6th, 2019, 2:47 PM
Andrew Luck (AFC) or Aaron Rodgers (NFC) will win the MVP award.

Mahomes will land the largest contract in NFL history at the end of the season.

The New York Jets will make Le'veon Bell the highest paid RB in football.

Nick Foles will be the opening day starter for the Oakland Raiders.

Antonio Brown will be catching passing from Jimmy G. in the Bay.

In his final season, Eli Manning will lead the NY Giants to the playoffs.

Joe Flacco will go to Jacksonville to retire.

Kyler Murray will be drafted in the Top 15 and win OROY.

Gronk will retire and make movies.

Saquon Barkley will be the highest scoring FF player of the season.

Kareem Hunt will suit up for the Oakland Raiders.

Rancid_Planet
February 6th, 2019, 4:15 PM
Can they? No. Just Pats all the time.

The Titans need to draft O-Line. It fucking sucks. Mariota got fucking beat to death all season.

We've been 9-7 for three years straight. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a huge year for TN. 10-6.

Kneeneighbor
February 6th, 2019, 4:20 PM
Tennessee will be closer to 6-10 than 10-6.

Yes

Pass Rusher

Back to playoffs next year with healthy Rogers and high scoring offense.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2019, 5:05 PM

Yes Chiefs find a way to stop the run they will make it

Mixed one for our fans, half want QB now, half want O-Line sorted and wait until 2020 for QB. For me get your QB in this years draft;

OH YES

Randolph
February 6th, 2019, 5:07 PM
Lions need to draft..... Uh....
Lions need to hire a...... Uh.....
I just don't know anymore.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2019, 5:09 PM
WOW just seen the Vegas odds for next season and they have us bottom away from everyone else, so basically the worst team in the league by miles.

Fro
February 7th, 2019, 12:04 AM
WOW just seen the Vegas odds for next season and they have us bottom away from everyone else, so basically the worst team in the league by miles.

You guys cut tanehill right? So what’s the plan at QB? You said only half the fambase wants to draft a QB now. If not, who do you start? Foles? Flacco?

Kdestiny
February 7th, 2019, 12:22 AM
They still got Tannehill

Chris Scott
February 7th, 2019, 7:31 AM
You guys cut tanehill right? So what’s the plan at QB? You said only half the fambase wants to draft a QB now. If not, who do you start? Foles? Flacco?

Yeah looks like he’s going to get cut. I think we’ve got to get our franchise QB in the upcoming draft. If it means trading up then go for it.

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 8:12 AM
Rough draft to go in headstrong on a franchise qb.

Chris Scott
February 7th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Murray or Haskins for me, I’m sold on both. Try and get either and not wait until next the 2020 draft.

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Murray or Haskins for me, I’m sold on both. Try and get either and not wait until next the 2020 draft.

I like them both too. Clearly the top two prospects in this one. But they're both loaded with question marks. Question becomes then do you wait, with 4 teams QB shopping ahead of you, and see if either make their way to 13 or how much do you want to give up to go get one, and then which one?

Fro
February 7th, 2019, 10:25 AM
The Antonio Brown domestic violence thing... allegedly he pushed a woman down to the ground. I'm interested in how this will play out given the already turbulent position he's in with the Steelers. If the Steelers intend to trade him then this investigation by the NFL and the potential for a suspension will surely hurt their ability to move him. He's already been a locker room problem and now he's got a DV incident. He's an all time talent but these things must detract from his value somewhat. Or maybe not, maybe this will go away in short time and they will still land a 1st and a 2nd for him.

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 11:23 AM
And so for anyone interested, Todd McShay just put out his Mock 2.0 (http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/insider/story/_/id/25916892/todd-mcshay-2019-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-every-first-round-pick-1-32-draft-order)..

1. Arizona Cardinals—Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State*
2. San Francisco 49ers—Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
3. New York Jets—Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan*
4. Oakland Raiders—Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama*
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers—Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama*
6. New York Giants—Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State*
7. Jacksonville Jaguars—Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State*
8. Detroit Lions—Greedy Williams, CB, LSU*
9. Buffalo Bills—Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida*
10. Denver Broncos—Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
11. Cincinnati Bengals—Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma*
12. Green Bay Packers—Devin White, ILB, LSU*
13. Miami Dolphins—Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma*
14. Atlanta Falcons—Ed Oliver, DT, Houston*
15. Washington Redskins—Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma*
16. Carolina Panthers—Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson*
17. Cleveland Browns—Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
18. Minnesota Vikings—Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
19. Tennessee Titans—T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa*
20. Pittsburgh Steelers—Devin Bush, LB, Michigan*
21. Seattle Seahawks—Jachai Polite, DE/OLB, Florida*
22. Baltimore Ravens—D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss*
23. Houston Texans—Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt*
24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears)—A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss*
25. Philadelphia Eagles—Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson*
26. Indianapolis Colts—Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson*
27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys)—Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama*
28. Los Angeles Chargers—Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
29. Kansas City Chiefs—Byron Murphy, CB, Washington*
30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints)—Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
31. Los Angeles Rams—Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama*
32. New England Patriots—Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami (FL)

3puppies
February 7th, 2019, 11:35 AM
I always find the mock drafts to be a waste of time, because anybody can speculate about anything. Also, there are usually trades involved but the mocks don't reflect that.

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 11:58 AM
The goal isn't to nail every player to every team correctly.

Taking that into account, and considering who is conducting the mock, they're often rather informative.

Kdestiny
February 7th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I would be shocked if there was fewer than three QBs in the top ten considering the QB needy teams that are there with NYG, Jacksonville, and Denver.

Plus I could see someone like the Dolphins or Redskins trading up to get their guy. I like what I have seen from the QB from Duke too, Jones I think it was.

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 12:50 PM
I like Jones quite a bit too. Just not sure I like him enough to pass on one of the more surefire d studs out there to get him in the first.

Also everyone under the sun is reporting that Elway is in love with Drew Lock. Which makes perfect sense as he offered Osweiler a bunch of money, paid Keenum a bunch of money, and drafted Paxton Lynch.

Really Haskins and Murray are the only legit 1st round grade qbs in this one. But desperate times and all..

Kneeneighbor
February 7th, 2019, 12:57 PM
I would be shocked if there was fewer than three QBs in the top ten considering the QB needy teams that are there with NYG, Jacksonville, and Denver.

Plus I could see someone like the Dolphins or Redskins trading up to get their guy. I like what I have seen from the QB from Duke too, Jones I think it was.

No one will reach that badly for the 3rd Qb when they can get him late 1st

Kdestiny
February 7th, 2019, 12:58 PM
I think if two go fairly quickly, there will be some teams trying to get either Jones or the QB from Mizzou

Percussion
February 7th, 2019, 1:02 PM
No one will reach that badly for the 3rd Qb when they can get him late 1st

They shouldn't, but when has that ever prohibited them..

Torn
February 7th, 2019, 5:53 PM
Boy I hope Amari Cooper is still on the board at pick 27 seems like a real stretch though

Rancid_Planet
February 7th, 2019, 8:16 PM
I would be shocked if the Titans dont draft a pass rusher first. They have the backfield to be a playoff caliber defense if they can just find one guy who can routinely get some pressure.

Chris Scott
February 8th, 2019, 6:49 AM
I like them both too. Clearly the top two prospects in this one. But they're both loaded with question marks. Question becomes then do you wait, with 4 teams QB shopping ahead of you, and see if either make their way to 13 or how much do you want to give up to go get one, and then which one?

I honestly this we will get one and trade up this year and don't buy all this tank job to get one in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

300/1 though and you have shity teams just like us on 100/1, get to fuck with that.

Percussion
February 8th, 2019, 6:54 AM
I honestly this we will get one and trade up this year and don't buy all this tank job to get one in 2020.

So how much would you want to give up to move up to get one of them?

Pablo Diablo
February 8th, 2019, 8:51 AM
I mean...shouldn’t we tank this year? Almost everyone believes us and the Cards are going to be the worst teams. I can’t say I disagree. Since we have so many holes we can’t trade up just to get a QB when we then can’t get anyone in the line to protect them or on the defense to get any pressure on opposing qbs. Now if someone were to fall to us that’s perfectly fine. I just don’t think we should trade up for anyone.

Fro
February 8th, 2019, 8:55 AM
Can you return Danny Amendola please and thank you

Pablo Diablo
February 8th, 2019, 9:13 AM
I'd do it for Brady.

Honey_Badger
February 8th, 2019, 11:42 AM
I hope the Bengals take Murray with the 11 pick. I am sick of Dalton, and Coach Taylor would be the perfect coach to build around Murray. They could easily trade Dalton for some draft capital as well to add in later rounds and build around Murray. The Bengals will definitely need to upgrade at RT to help this kid feel comfortable.

Fro
February 8th, 2019, 1:01 PM
Last year we did a preseason predictions contest. Here are the results.

2018 NFL Predictions Contest

Worth 1 point each
AFC East Champion: Patriots 1
AFC North Champion: Steelers
AFC South Champion: Texans 1
AFC West Champion: Broncos
NFC East Champion: Eagles
NFC North Champion: Vikings
NFC South Champion: Saints 1
NFC West Champion: Rams 1
Worst Record in the NFL: Buccaneers
MVP: Brady
Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley- RB Giants 1
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Derwin James- DB Chargers
Rushing yards leader: ToddGurley
Receiving yards leader: OBJ
Passing yards leader: Drew Brees

Worth 2 points each
AFC Champion: Patriots 2
NFC Champion: Saints
Super Bowl Champion: Patriots 2

Total: 9

Worth 1 point each
AFC South Champion: Texans 1
AFC West Champion: Chargers
Worst Record in the NFL: Bucs
MVP: Deshaun Watson
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald 1
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley 1
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bradley Chubb
Rushing yards leader: Jordan Howard
Receiving yards leader: Antonio Brown

Worth 2 points each
NFC Champion: Saints
Total: 10

Worth 1 point each
AFC South Champion: Jags
NFC North Champion: Packers
NFC South Champion: Falcons
Worst Record in the NFL: Bills
MVP: Rodgers
Defensive Player of the Year: Jalen Ramsey
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Barkley 1
Rushing yards leader: Elliot 1
Passing yards leader: Rodgers

Worth 2 points each
AFC Champion: Steelers
NFC Champion: Eagles
Super Bowl Champion: Eagles

Total: 4

Feel free to edit these up until opening night kick off.

AFC South Champion: Jaguars
Worst Record in the NFL: Jets
MVP: Rodgers
Defensive Player of the Year: Joey Bosa
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Royce Freeman
Rushing yards leader: Zeke 1
Passing yards leader: Kirk Cousins

NFC Champion: Packers

Total: 8

Worth 1 point each
AFC North Champion: Ravens 1
AFC South Champion: Colts
AFC West Champion: Raiders
NFC West Champion: 49ers
Worst Record in the NFL: Buffalo Bills
MVP: Aaron Rodgers
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Derwin James
Rushing yards leader: Melvin Gordon
Receiving yards leader: Davante Adams
Passing yards leader: Andrew Luck

Worth 2 points each
AFC Champion: Colts
Super Bowl Champion: Packers

Total: 3

Worth 1 point each
AFC South Champion: Texans (Jags wildcard) 1
AFC West Champion: Chargers (KC wildcard)
NFC North Champion: Packers (Vikings wildcard)
NFC South Champion: Falcons (NOLA wildcard)
Worst Record in the NFL: Jets
Rushing yards leader: Todd Gurley
Passing yards leader: Big Ben 1

Worth 2 points each
Super Bowl Champion: Steelers

Other than the 12 mentioned, I'd say Titans, Panthers, Cowboys, Dolphins and the 49ers will end up with 8-8 or 9-7 seasons but end up missing out. No team wins more than 14 games in the regular season. Pats start out 0-2.

Total: 5

Worth 1 point each
AFC North Champion: Ravens 1
AFC South Champion: Jags
AFC West Champion: Chiefs 1
AFC Wildcards: Steelers & Texans

NFC South Champion: Panthers
NFC Wildcards: Packers & Falcons

Worst Record in the NFL: Bears
MVP: Todd Gurley
Defensive Player of the Year:Aaron Donald 1
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Roquan Smith
Receiving yards leader: AJ Green

Worth 2 points each
AFC Champion: Chiefs
NFC Champion: Eagles
Super Bowl Champion: Eagles

Total: 6

Worth 1 point each
AFC South Champion: Jaguars
AFC West Champion: Chiefs 1
NFC East Champion: Giants
Worst Record in the NFL: Bills
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald 1
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Minkah Fitzpatrick
Passing yards leader: Aaron Rodgers

Worth 2 points each

Total: 5

Worth 1 point each
AFC South Champion: Houston 1
AFC West Champion: Denver
NFC East Champion: Philly
NFC South Champion: New Orelans 1
Worst Record in the NFL: Tampa Bay
Defensive Player of the Year: Mack
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Minkah Fitzpatrick
Rushing yards leader: Bell
Receiving yards leader: OBJ
Passing yards leader: Aaron Rodgers

Worth 2 points each
Total: 7

Winner: kdestiny! He won off the strength of correctly picking the Patriots to win the SB, getting 4 division winners correct and being 1 of 2 entrants to pick Aaron Donald for DPOTY.

Feel free to check my math on those. Looks like no one got more than 4 division winners correct. Bandit did the worst with only 3 points. No one predicted the Cardinals would have the worst record, or that the Rams would reach the SB, or that Julio Jones or Big Ben would lead the league in yards.

Kneeneighbor
February 8th, 2019, 1:27 PM
I had Bell as the leading rusher. So close.

Fanny Batter
February 8th, 2019, 2:00 PM
Neither of my Super Bowl teams even reaching the Playoffs, christ.

Chris Scott
February 8th, 2019, 7:56 PM
So how much would you want to give up to move up to get one of them?

Actually now reading and looking a bit more into it, I wouldn’t trade up and see if Murray falls to us, otherwise it’s 2020 for QB’s.

Fro
February 11th, 2019, 3:05 PM
Browns signed Kareem Hunt so whenever he is back from a likely suspension, he will join Nick Chubb in the backfield. That's a good duo, with Duke Johnson possibly still in the mix as well.

Kneeneighbor
February 11th, 2019, 3:10 PM
Makes me less likely to keep Chubb as my keeper next year. But I have Chubb, Michele and Jones all at a buck so I still have solid options.

Randolph
February 11th, 2019, 4:25 PM
There's no way Hunt doesn't get some kind of suspension for this, so Chubb should still be a good option.

Kneeneighbor
February 11th, 2019, 4:46 PM
Fantasy championships are all about loading up for the playoff run. Hunt is gonna cut into the caries in the fantasy playoffs. Pass.

BGMaverick
February 11th, 2019, 5:16 PM
Even if Hunt is suspended the first half of the season, he'll have to be an utter bust not to alter the allocations of carries for the back half of the season.

Torn
February 11th, 2019, 5:47 PM
Makes me less likely to keep Chubb as my keeper next year. But I have Chubb, Michele and Jones all at a buck so I still have solid options.

No one gives a shit about your fantasy team

Matthew
February 11th, 2019, 8:03 PM
#facts

Jordo
February 12th, 2019, 12:22 PM
I really like the Browns signing of hunt. I honestly don't see what happened as all that bad and while he will surely get more of a suspension I personally feel that he's already been punished enough.

Makes my Browns superbowl bet at 30 to 1 feel fantastic

Fanny Batter
February 12th, 2019, 4:20 PM
Doubt he plays this year. I like them to compete regardless though, that division is wide open with the Steelers looking at losing AB and Bell, and the Ravens possibly getting figured out with a shaky passer.

Fro
February 12th, 2019, 4:27 PM
Hunt will almost definitely play this year. 6 games is the standard for the first domestic violence punishment, I believe. And this was a fairly minor incident compared to others.

They signed him for league minimum with incentives that could bring the value up to just over a million. That is a bargain for an established star RB. It's a good add for them if they can stomach the bad PR.

I don't know that what Hunt did warrants a 6 game suspension but I would give him the 6 since it's the standard (let's START being consistent with these, can we?) and move on. He doesn't need to be banished for it.

Jordo
February 12th, 2019, 6:38 PM
Hunt will almost definitely play this year. 6 games is the standard for the first domestic violence punishment, I believe. And this was a fairly minor incident compared to others.

They signed him for league minimum with incentives that could bring the value up to just over a million. That is a bargain for an established star RB. It's a good add for them if they can stomach the bad PR.

I don't know that what Hunt did warrants a 6 game suspension but I would give him the 6 since it's the standard (let's START being consistent with these, can we?) and move on. He doesn't need to be banished for it.

I also put like 8 bucks on the Patriots to win the superbowl next year, would pay out like 90 bucks.

Thought you'd like to know.

Kneeneighbor
February 12th, 2019, 6:51 PM
I also put like 8 bucks on the Patriots to win the superbowl next year, would pay out like 90 bucks.

Thought you'd like to know.

If you got them at 11/1 odds that is a really good deal.

Jordo
February 12th, 2019, 7:17 PM
If you got them at 11/1 odds that is a really good deal.

I read that and realized how fucking crazy that sounds. Went back and looked, I bet like 8.18 on the Patriots. If they win I get 50. They're like +650

Fro
February 13th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Joe Flacco has been traded to the Broncos. Is he an upgrade from Case Keenum?

I read that and realized how fucking crazy that sounds. Went back and looked, I bet like 8.18 on the Patriots. If they win I get 50. They're like +650

I like that you have a Baker avatar now but I think you can do better, that pic is not great.

Jordo
February 13th, 2019, 12:24 PM

I like that you have a Baker avatar now but I think you can do better, that pic is not great.

Twas a quick find. I'll dive in to find something better.

Don't worry Fro I won't let you down

BGMaverick
February 13th, 2019, 12:27 PM

My guess is no. They have absolutely nothing in terms of a proven commodity in terms of a pass catcher, as well. That's under the presumption that Sanders is out for an extremely long time.

Percussion
February 13th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Kinda bizarre/interesting at how much Elway sucks at identifying the right qb.

After Payton..

Brock Osweiler
Trevor Siemian
Paxton Lynch
Case Keenum
Joe Flacco

Yikes.

Kneeneighbor
February 13th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Flacco gives them a year to find someone else. I do not hate the move.

Percussion
February 13th, 2019, 2:09 PM
Is that any different (better) than Case Keenum?

And minus a 4th round pick..

Fro
February 13th, 2019, 2:22 PM
yea it's an interesting move of swapping one low end starting QB for another. will they trade Keenum now? Maybe someone will give them something similar (like a 5th). If they cut him they're on the hook for $10 million in dead cap, while if they trade him they're only on the hook for $3 mil.

PurePlayer
February 13th, 2019, 2:33 PM
Flacco gives them a year to find someone else. I do not hate the move.

Keenum basically gives them that same option without having to lose a draft pick. They could have used that draft pick (along with other picks)to move up in this year's or next year's draft

PurePlayer
February 13th, 2019, 2:35 PM
yea it's an interesting move of swapping one low end starting QB for another. will they trade Keenum now? Maybe someone will give them something similar (like a 5th). If they cut him they're on the hook for $10 million in dead cap, while if they trade him they're only on the hook for $3 mil.

I don't think they care that much in getting the pick back. I think it's more to do with saving that extra cap space if they do decide to trade Keenum. What teams even need a starting qb right now?

Giants? doubt they move Eli Manning for keenum.
Redskins? Maybe with smith being injured
Dolphins? is he any better than Tannehill?
Jags? How much better is Keenum than Bortles?

Kneeneighbor
February 13th, 2019, 2:38 PM
Keenum basically gives them that same option without having to lose a draft pick. They could have used that draft pick (along with other picks)to move up in this year's or next year's draft

They feel like if they are average at QB they have a shot with their defense that is aging. They are gonna roll the dice on a year of Flaco and hope he gets them into the playoffs, if not oh well, its a total rebuild anyway. A 4th round pick is worth very little in terms of moving up to a spot to take a QB.

PurePlayer
February 13th, 2019, 2:41 PM
They feel like if they are average at QB they have a shot with their defense that is aging. They are gonna roll the dice on a year of Flaco and hope he gets them into the playoffs, if not oh well, its a total rebuild anyway. A 4th round pick is worth very little in terms of moving up to a spot to take a QB.

Keenum's 2017 was better than anything Flacco has done since 2012 right? They are basically interchangeable at this point.

Percussion
February 13th, 2019, 2:42 PM
They were no more or less average at qb last year with Keenum than they would be this year with Flacco.

In the meantime a 4th round pick could actually help the ballclub in some measurable way.

Kneeneighbor
February 13th, 2019, 2:54 PM
They were no more or less average at qb last year with Keenum than they would be this year with Flacco.

In the meantime a 4th round pick could actually help the ballclub in some measurable way.

Disagree. Flacco is above Keenum.

PurePlayer
February 13th, 2019, 3:05 PM
are you basing this on overall history because 2018's numbers does not really warrant a trade.

BGMaverick
February 13th, 2019, 3:07 PM

Enough to be a legit wild card team?

Percussion
February 13th, 2019, 3:12 PM

In what particular way(s)?

Kneeneighbor
February 13th, 2019, 3:15 PM
Everything Case does is based off of the run game.

Fanny Batter
February 13th, 2019, 3:28 PM
Great trade for the Ravens though. Gets Flacco off the roster and should clear cap space to be able to pay for their star defensive players or perhaps get after a game changer on offence in free agency. Sideways move for the Broncos, who will possibly be paying over the odds for TWO quarterbacks. He might be an improvement on Keenum, barely, but they're not challenging next year with Flacco under centre. That's a tough division. I can see Flacco with his arm nudging a team in a tight divsion possibly to another 2 wins and therefore contention (Redskins), but the Bronco's aren't beating the Chargers AND the Chiefs next year. Ironically, if they took next year on the chin they'd have draft capital to get some talent on both sides of the ball, then maybe go hard for Dak next year if he reaches free agency, which it seems he might. Mariota and Winston too to a lesser extent. There's potential with them if surrounded by talent. Mid 30's Flacco not so much.

BGMaverick
February 13th, 2019, 3:31 PM
Still seems like the Broncos are going to need to draft a QB, which isn't ideal. On top of that, the recent track record of their drafting assessments for the position aren't stellar.

Percussion
February 13th, 2019, 3:32 PM
Everything Case does is based off of the run game.

No one in their right mind is asking Flacco to air the ball out over and over with no support from a decent run game.

Pablo Diablo
February 13th, 2019, 3:40 PM
Elway, outside of Peyton, has made some poor QB decisions.

Fro
February 13th, 2019, 3:45 PM
and funnily enough, when Peyton had his record setting season they got smoked in the Super Bowl, but when Peyton became the worst QB in the NFL in his final season, they won it.

Torn
February 13th, 2019, 5:28 PM
go hard for Dak next year if he reaches free agency, which it seems he might.

For better or worse, Dak isn't going anywhere

Kneeneighbor
February 15th, 2019, 3:15 PM
Kap and Reid take undisclosed settlement from the league.

Kneeneighbor
February 15th, 2019, 3:17 PM
Antonio Brown to meet with Art Rooney II.

3puppies
February 15th, 2019, 3:40 PM
They must've paid them a lot to get them to agree not to disclose the terms. Kap had previously gone on record saying it would have to be a lucrative settlement for him to agree to a payoff.

But since the Packers are a publicly owned organization, won't they have to disclose any share paid by any team?

Mr. Boombastic
February 16th, 2019, 9:35 AM
Speculation is that Kaepernick netted 60-80 million dollars. That's a shitload of money to sit on your ass...err take a knee lol.

_me
February 16th, 2019, 10:00 AM
They must've paid them a lot to get them to agree not to disclose the terms. Kap had previously gone on record saying it would have to be a lucrative settlement for him to agree to a payoff.

But since the Packers are a publicly owned organization, won't they have to disclose any share paid by any team?
He also said he wanted to be an NFL QB but turned down multiple chances.

Fanny Batter
February 16th, 2019, 10:05 AM
The lot will go to charities supporting social inequlaities and racial injustice though, right? I'd like to think so. The NFL were shown up over this case, and it'd be great to see those instititutions benefit from such a payoff.

Matthew
February 16th, 2019, 10:20 AM
give me some of it

Chris Scott
February 17th, 2019, 7:10 PM
Finally last night I got around to watching Don Shula's A football Life, WOW it was amazing like expected and I wanted more when it ended. 2 losing records in 25 years and how we didn't win more than 2 super bowls I will never know. Those playoffs games killed us and that 1974 against Oakland Raiders 28–26, in an AFC divisional playoff game was brutal.

What a guy though and what a coach. Perfect season 1972.

Fro
February 19th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Key dates for the league year as we enter the exciting part of the offseason:

Feb. 19 - March 5: Window for clubs to designate Franchise Tag or Transition Tag players.
Feb. 26 - March 4: NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Indiana.
March 11-13: Legal tampering period.
March 13: Start of free agency and trading at 4PM EST, beginning of league year.
April 25-27: NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee.
July 15: Deadline for franchise tagged players to sign a multiyear contract.
Aug. 1: Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio (start of preseason).
Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony
Sept. 5: NFL Regular Season Opener
January 4, 2020: Beginning of NFL Playoffs
February 2, 2020: Super Bowl LIV, Miami, Florida.

Fro
February 20th, 2019, 2:19 PM
Predictions on big name players changing teams? These big 3 in particular, but feel free to add others:

Le'Veon Bell - Texans. They can cut Lamar Miller and only have 1 mil in dead cap. And they apparently already have 74 mil in cap space.
Antonio Brown - 49ers. The obvious choice since it's been widely speculated. Give Jimmy a weapon, get him out the AFC.
Nick Foles - Dolphins.

Percussion
February 20th, 2019, 4:02 PM
Usually don't get too worked up over big name FA acquisitions. For one because the success rate is what it is. And for two because the Texans have no real track record at getting in on making moves like that. But, gotta admit the idea of a Watson, Hopkins, Bell trio for a few seasons sounds mighty enticing.

I think even O'Brien could manage to not fuck that up.

PurePlayer
February 21st, 2019, 11:04 AM
That would be one hell of a trio. Arguably the best WR-RB tandem. Landon Collins doesn't seem like he will end up on the Giants next year.

The defensive end free agents are really damn good this year too along with the draft class. I would imagine this will be a focus for a lot of teams this year.

I still think Foles ends up with the Jags.

Fro
February 21st, 2019, 11:06 AM
The Steelers are such a mess. These comments by the GM come off terribly, IMO:

Colbert called Roethlisberger the "unquestioned leader" of the locker room who has the freedom to publicly criticize teammates if he sees fit. "He's the elder statesmen and the Super Bowl winner," Colbert told a group of local reporters Wednesday. "If our players were smart, they'd listen to him because he's been there. He's done it. He can tell them, 'No guys, what you're doing is or is not good enough to do this... I honestly believe that that can be a burden on him more often than he may like to admit, because he has to ... he's got 52 kids under him quite honestly," Colbert said.

Imagine being one of those 52 kids (actually grown men who are in the NFL because they're among the best in the world at what they do) and seeing these comments. You get where Brown was coming from when he said Big Ben has an "owner mentality". Ben is vastly different from everyone else in the locker room as the GM just made crystal clear.

I honestly am starting to respect Brown for tanking his own trade value by acting out. It's hard to blame a player for becoming a clown when he works at a circus.

Kneeneighbor
February 22nd, 2019, 1:18 PM
Robert Kraft busted in prostitution sting.

Massive Human trafficking ring.

Kdestiny
February 22nd, 2019, 1:24 PM
So he's a cheater too?

Kdestiny
February 22nd, 2019, 1:25 PM
I guess not technically

Kneeneighbor
February 22nd, 2019, 1:29 PM
Correction. Not arrested yet. But they have him on film and will be.

Fro
February 22nd, 2019, 1:30 PM
So he's a cheater too?

I guess not technically

yes his wife's death from cancer 8 years ago is a technicality that unfortunately ruins your attempt at a joke. try again?

Kdestiny
February 22nd, 2019, 1:32 PM
yes his wife's death from cancer 8 years ago is a technicality that unfortunately ruins your attempt at a joke. try again?

I guess he was done with deflating then

Randolph
February 22nd, 2019, 1:48 PM
I want the Patriots domination over the NFL to break up, but never expected this.

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 1:58 PM
Initially I saw quite a few Patriots fans trying to defend Kraft, or make jokes about it. Then they found out the part about the human trafficking and changed their tune.

Fro
February 22nd, 2019, 2:08 PM
he got a rub and tug and a massage parlor. it's a misdemeanor crime. big whoop.

I mean it's obviously not a good look, it's embarrassing, and it'll be blown up in the media 20 fold because it's the Patriots, but it's not that bad of an offense.

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 2:13 PM
It is a big deal if he had any idea that the women he was getting a rub and tug from were being held there against their will.

And, if these reports of human trafficking are true, the story as a whole is a lot bigger than a rub and tug.

Kneeneighbor
February 22nd, 2019, 2:33 PM
It is a big deal if he had any idea that the women he was getting a rub and tug from were being held there against their will.

And, if these reports of human trafficking are true, the story as a whole is a lot bigger than a rub and tug.

This.

The women were told there were jobs waiting for them in the US. Then when they go here they were held against their will.

Kdestiny
February 22nd, 2019, 2:36 PM
he got a rub and tug and a massage parlor. it's a misdemeanor crime. big whoop.

I mean it's obviously not a good look, it's embarrassing, and it'll be blown up in the media 20 fold because it's the Patriots, but it's not that bad of an offense.

So the human trafficking?

Pablo Diablo
February 22nd, 2019, 2:42 PM
I hate the Pats as much as anyone. But even though I’ve never been to a rub and tug I can’t imagine one usually asks when they go in about the backstory of the person giving them the massage.

Fro
February 22nd, 2019, 2:46 PM
I'm not saying the police sting against a human trafficking ring is no big whoop, I support their efforts to combat that epidemic of human suffering. so yes the story is a lot bigger than Robert Kraft. and that's what people should be focusing on.

Kraft will get dinged majorly by the NFL under the personal conduct policy, though. a suspension and a million dollar fine are incoming.

Kdestiny
February 22nd, 2019, 2:46 PM
If he had prior knowledge of that being what it was then it wouldn’t be great for him.

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 2:47 PM
No, you probably wouldn't ask, but if you read some of the stories it seems like if you went there you would have known it was extremely suspicious or you would have figured it out upon walking in. Apparently it was obvious that the girls providing the massages were "living" there which would be a big red flag for most people.

Also, the place had a reputation. There are old Yelp reviews coming out no where people that had been there are saying things like "please let these girls go work someplace else."

Again, Robert Kraft probably had no knowledge of this. But, the perception of this might go way past and should go way past a simple "rub and tug" like some are trying to pass it off as. This is a much more serious issue than that and Robert Kraft has himself caught in the middle of it.

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 2:54 PM
Adam Schefter is saying that Kraft is supposedly not the biggest name in the sting.

Kneeneighbor
February 22nd, 2019, 2:54 PM
I'm not saying the police sting against a human trafficking ring is no big whoop, I support their efforts to combat that epidemic of human suffering. so yes the story is a lot bigger than Robert Kraft. and that's what people should be focusing on.

Kraft will get dinged majorly by the NFL under the personal conduct policy, though. a suspension and a million dollar fine are incoming.

Should be noted that the word is Kraft is not the biggest name caught up in this. More to come.

Thunderstruck!

3puppies
February 22nd, 2019, 4:03 PM
Supposedly they have video evidence of the massage parlor crimes.

And Kraft is vehemently denying any illegal activity.

I don't want to rush to judgment here, but even though I am normally a huge fan of massage parlor videos, since Kraft and I share the same round body type, I think I will skip watching that video evidence.

Some 20 years ago, my brother and I went to Patriots training camp with my nephews, who were then around 5 and 6. We had no idea that the woman watching practise with us was Myra Kraft. Robert walked up to us watching in the stands, and handed the boys each a toy patriots football that he had signed. His wife had been so happy to be enjoying the beautiful summer weather with us, and I myself had no idea he was the owner until my brother told me.

Since the man had gone out of his way to be nice to us, really for no reason, I can't help but feel sad about this whole situation.

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 4:33 PM
Feel sad for him or the women that may have been held their against their will?

Matthew
February 22nd, 2019, 5:57 PM
i do a full background check on anyone who is going to give me an old fashioned

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 6:53 PM
Maybe Kraft was tired of being cuckolded by his girlfriend

Percussion
February 22nd, 2019, 9:03 PM
Maybe Kraft was tired of being cuckolded by his girlfriend

How long in your experience would it take for one to know that they've fallen victim to being one and could make a breakthrough?

Matthew
February 22nd, 2019, 9:12 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit son

Percussion
February 22nd, 2019, 9:16 PM
We're trying to make progress here matthew..

Let the dude heal..

Mr. Boombastic
February 22nd, 2019, 9:53 PM
Adam Schefter is saying that Kraft is supposedly not the biggest name in the sting.

Gotta be Tiger Woods right? Doesn't he have like a huge compound in Jupiter, Florida?

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 10:15 PM
How long in your experience would it take for one to know that they've fallen victim to being one and could make a breakthrough?

The timeframe is similar to how long it takes for Chris Paul to recover from a hamstring injury when his team needs him the most.

Percussion
February 22nd, 2019, 10:32 PM
So just until you're ready, then ... :yes:

soxfanatic
February 22nd, 2019, 10:40 PM
Yes but some get ready faster than others. Especially if something like this were to happen in late May.

Matthew
February 22nd, 2019, 10:43 PM
*bluechew advertisement*

Fro
February 28th, 2019, 2:06 PM
Jason Witten has un-retired and will play for the Cowboys. MNF fans rejoice! (and maybe Cowboys fans idk)

Kneeneighbor
February 28th, 2019, 2:23 PM
Jason Witten has un-retired and will play for the Cowboys. MNF fans rejoice! (and maybe Cowboys fans idk)

What a clown. Hopefully they come up with a new plan for MNF

Fro
February 28th, 2019, 2:28 PM
Promote booger to the booth. End of plan

Percussion
February 28th, 2019, 7:44 PM
About a half an inch and 15 pounds may have just made Kyler Murray something north of 15 million bucks.

And good for that kid, and in particular for his decision to keep playing football like he himself wants to do.

PurePlayer
March 1st, 2019, 11:28 AM
question for anyone really. do you think Murray goes number 1 overall? and if so, which team trades up for him? or would AZ actually take him and trade Rosen? is Rosen's value a first round pick? would NYG or Jacksonville trade 6 or 7 overall for Rosen or would they prefer Haskins. there are a lot of interesting dynamics.

Fro
March 1st, 2019, 11:35 AM
I don't follow the combine and draft prospects hardly at all but I will say no, a 5'10 quarterback will not be selected with the #1 overall pick. He'll probably go top 10.

And no, even if AZ decided to do that I don't think Rosen is worth 6 or 7 overall. Maybe a late first but the fact that he played poorly his rookie year and you would be losing 1 year of his rookie deal means his value would be diminished to a late 1st or even a 2nd and 5th or something similar.

PurePlayer
March 1st, 2019, 11:45 AM
Yeah I agree about the Rosen part. However, a lot of analysts are saying Murray is a definite possibility for 1 overall.

BGMaverick
March 1st, 2019, 11:48 AM
I think it's somewhat tricky on analyzing how bad Rosen was due to the fact that team was utterly terrible. It was terrible from a personnel standpoint on the fringes and then terrible from a coaching standpoint for most of the year. There's only so much the actual legit talent on the roster can do, especially one that's trying to learn how to play in the league.

PurePlayer
March 1st, 2019, 11:56 AM
I think it's somewhat tricky on analyzing how bad Rosen was due to the fact that team was utterly terrible. It was terrible from a personnel standpoint on the fringes and then terrible from a coaching standpoint for most of the year. There's only so much the actual legit talent on the roster can do, especially one that's trying to learn how to play in the league.

this is all true. i think losing the first year on a rookie contract is what brings his value down more than anything. It will be interesting to see what other teams think of him if the cardinals do indeed take a qb

BGMaverick
March 1st, 2019, 11:58 AM
this is all true. i think losing the first year on a rookie contract is what brings his value down more than anything. It will be interesting to see what other teams think of him if the cardinals do indeed take a qb

I think the lost year in value only matters to teams that are smart or steps ahead. Teams that would consider Rosen aren’t on that level because they’ve clearly not planned ahead at the position, if that makes sense.

Percussion
March 1st, 2019, 12:19 PM
I think Murray stands a rather good chance of going one overall now.

Fro
March 1st, 2019, 4:32 PM
who will go first, haskins or murray tho? It still seems there is a strong sentiment for Haskins being the first QB off the board even after murray was confirmed not to be a little person

Kneeneighbor
March 1st, 2019, 4:43 PM
I hear today some teams have Will Grier ahead of Haskins.

Percussion
March 1st, 2019, 4:44 PM
I haven't really looked into the kind of capital each team has to offer, but I could see any of the qb hungry teams moving up to try and snag one of them early. Obviously Arizona holds all the cards here, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Keim and Kingsbury go all in with Murray right off the bat.

Percussion
March 1st, 2019, 4:48 PM
I think I'm falling in love with Andre Dillard..

BGMaverick
March 1st, 2019, 4:59 PM
Arizona holds all the cards...

I see what you did there.

Percussion
March 1st, 2019, 5:26 PM
Wasted a solid 15 seconds of my life debating whether or not to put 'pun intended' there..

Fro
March 2nd, 2019, 1:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0q2PvfXcAAPHWA.jpg

Kyler Murray's status as a little person now back under review. story developing.

Percussion
March 2nd, 2019, 3:42 PM
Looks about right for a guy 5'10 standing next to a guy who's a legit 6'4.

Wonder though if he'll still be Rosen's 'boy' when Kyler takes his job..

Percussion
March 2nd, 2019, 5:38 PM
DK Metcalf ... just, wow.

Fro
March 2nd, 2019, 6:01 PM
Looks about right for a guy 5'10 standing next to a guy who's a legit 6'4.

Wonder though if he'll still be Rosen's 'boy' when Kyler takes his job..

yea it's just a funny visual. the combination of standing next to a tall guy and wearing those short/pants makes him look like an actual little person

hithit
March 2nd, 2019, 7:53 PM
DK Metcalf ... just, wow.

Yea, he’s an absolute stud.

Fro
March 3rd, 2019, 2:22 PM
Jaguars are expected to sign Nick Foles, per report. I'm curious what they do with Blake Bortles' contract. $21 mil cap hit but $16.5 dead cap if they cut him. Not sure if he's tradable given that his salary is more than any team will want to pay him as a backup. Maybe they cut him and eat that dead cap but get him off the books for 2020.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Yea, he’s an absolute stud.

Should be noted on Metcalf that his 3 cone drill was the 3rd worst and his shuttle time was 4th worst.

Both were slower than Tom Brady's when he went.

Percussion
March 4th, 2019, 10:26 AM
Looks like Tarzan..

Fro
March 4th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Should be noted on Metcalf that his 3 cone drill was the 3rd worst and his shuttle time was 4th worst.

Both were slower than Tom Brady's when he went.

that seems impossible. I saw something about how Metcalf did so poorly in the drills that involve changing direction, but I can't believe he would be slower than Brady at those drills.

to be clear I'm not doubting it but I'm trying to wrap my head around how someone that much faster than Brady could do worse at those drills, and I just don't get it. I may need to check the tape out of curiosity.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Zero hip action, no flow. His is stiff.

3puppies
March 4th, 2019, 3:41 PM
If Foles goes to Jacksonville, and the Cards nab Kyler Murray and attempt to trade Rosen, I wonder if the Pats would be interested in giving up a 3rd round pick for Rosen. Otherwise, the remaining free agent QBs would be Bortles and Tannehill. Since the Pats are in need of a backup QB, then Tannehill and Bortles both would be interesting. I'd look at either of them, costing nothing, as preferable over having to spend a 3rd round draft pick or higher on Rosen or someone else.

Chris Scott
March 4th, 2019, 3:47 PM
Yeah but you seen Tannehill's large contract, hardly worth it for a back up QB.

Fro
March 4th, 2019, 5:16 PM
the idea of the Pats signing Tannehill would be that it's after he gets cut and becomes a FA.

idk, I've heard these theories of the Pats signing him or Bortles as a backup but I'm not sold. Unless Bill thinks Bortles or Tannehill could be groomed into the QB of the future then I'm not sure they give you any benefit over Brian Hoyer.

Reveille
March 4th, 2019, 7:04 PM
If Foles goes to Jacksonville, and the Cards nab Kyler Murray and attempt to trade Rosen, I wonder if the Pats would be interested in giving up a 3rd round pick for Rosen.

As a Pats fan absolutely

Otherwise, the remaining free agent QBs would be Bortles and Tannehill. Since the Pats are in need of a backup QB, then Tannehill and Bortles both would be interesting. I'd look at either of them, costing nothing, as preferable over having to spend a 3rd round draft pick or higher on Rosen or someone else.

No way in hell. They would draft a 3-6 rounder and mold him instead of taking damaged goods.

That being said I dont think Arizona will trade last years 1st round pick for a 3rd, or that he wouldn't go for a 2nd round pick. Plus Murray will be a top ten pick with top 15 potential. I doubt Arizona would risk that. If they're dead set on Murray, they should trade down a few slots. Then they would get at least a 3rd for Rosen and a 1st and 3rd for number one overall, maybe even a 1 and 2. They just gotta find someone in love with Bosa or someone as a first overall.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2019, 7:35 PM
Depending on how much they love him they can play a game of chicken and bump back a few spots and risk it. Worst case they still have Rosen.

Chris Scott
March 4th, 2019, 7:37 PM
the idea of the Pats signing Tannehill would be that it's after he gets cut and becomes a FA.

idk, I've heard these theories of the Pats signing him or Bortles as a backup but I'm not sold. Unless Bill thinks Bortles or Tannehill could be groomed into the QB of the future then I'm not sure they give you any benefit over Brian Hoyer.

Yeah thought for second we was talking about trading him which we’d never trade to you. But really he’s better than Hoyer and works be a better back up.

Mr. Boombastic
March 4th, 2019, 10:41 PM

QB of the future, wtf?

You do realize Tannehill will be 31 before next season starts right? He's not horrible, but he is who he is at this point and I'm not sure that he's anybody's long term future anymore.

BGMaverick
March 4th, 2019, 11:09 PM
If Foles goes to Jacksonville, and the Cards nab Kyler Murray and attempt to trade Rosen, I wonder if the Pats would be interested in giving up a 3rd round pick for Rosen. Otherwise, the remaining free agent QBs would be Bortles and Tannehill. Since the Pats are in need of a backup QB, then Tannehill and Bortles both would be interesting. I'd look at either of them, costing nothing, as preferable over having to spend a 3rd round draft pick or higher on Rosen or someone else.

There's still Bridgewater..

Percussion
March 5th, 2019, 8:01 AM
Falcons cut the price of a hot dog, again (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/falcons-cut-the-price-of-a-hot-dog-again/)

Owner Arthur Blank has made more money by selling food for less. So going into next season, the Falcons are going to make their hot dogs even cheaper.

The team announced a drop of concession prices for five items at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, including making their famous $2 hot dog a $1.50 hot dog.

They lowered the prices on a number of food items in 2017, and saw a 16 percent increase in revenues, as the goodwill generated by affordable concessions made fans likelier to loosen their wallets and their belts.

So more people will spend more on affordable shit.

Imagine that.

Fro
March 5th, 2019, 11:50 AM
QB of the future, wtf?

You do realize Tannehill will be 31 before next season starts right? He's not horrible, but he is who he is at this point and I'm not sure that he's anybody's long term future anymore.

well yea so you're in agreement with my point which is why sign them and cut Hoyer? Players spoke highly of Hoyer this season running the scout offense, praising him for helping their practices, and he's been in the system from his first stint with us. Therefore I would not replace him with a Bortles or Tannehill unless Bill saw something in those guys that the rest of us don't.

anyway there seems to be more optimism that Gronk will play another year given that he hasn't retired yet and free agency is approaching. he said he would decide within a few weeks of the SB, no news seems to be good news in hopes that he laces them up again.

3puppies
March 5th, 2019, 1:44 PM
Selfishly, I'd like to see Gronk play another year or two, and win another couple of titles.

Percussion
March 5th, 2019, 2:34 PM
Although I can't imagine it happening I'd really like to see Gronk on another squad. Just to see the kind of chemistry he'd create with another qb.

BigAl
March 6th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Steelers have told teams that a deal to trade Brown will be in place by Friday.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26149941/teams-told-ab-trade-likely-friday

Fro
March 6th, 2019, 12:25 PM
It makes sense for them to want to get this over with quickly so they can move onto free agency and the draft knowing what assets they have and without the continuing circus. I'm very interested to see what compensation they end up getting given all that has transpired. Teams like the Cardinals and Broncos that were reported to be in on him also have conflicting reports that they are not interested. I get the sense the Steelers may be trying to get Jon Gruden to bid against himself by making it seem that they have X amount of offers on the table when really they have very few. It's an intriguing dynamic given all the ways Brown has tanked his own trade value with his public comments. I will be surprised if they get a 1st round pick for him. If they get a 2nd I would consider that a big win for them.

Percussion
March 7th, 2019, 1:07 PM
Todd McShay's 2019 NFL Mock Draft, Version 3.0..

1) Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

We can't deny the rumblings here, and we know new coach Kliff Kingsbury recruited Murray in college. I'm not all-in on Arizona taking him just yet, though -- the Cards could be trying generate trade interest among the QB-needy teams. Still, the just-tall-enough Murray is a perfect fit to help Kingsbury transition the Air Raid offense to the NFL, and this pick makes sense from a scheme standpoint with all Murray's athleticism. Now, what could the Cardinals get for Josh Rosen?

2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

The Niners will be hunting for pass-rushers this offseason, and getting the best overall player in the class at No. 2 would be a fantastic start. Bosa has length, speed and power from the edge, and it's fathomable that the Buckeye paces San Francisco's defensive line in sacks as a rookie. He's that good.

3) New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

The Jets need defensive linemen as new coordinator Gregg Williams transitions to a 4-3 scheme, and the Alabama tackle fits perfectly as an interior pass-rusher who can also stop the run. Williams was incredible at the combine, and his quick first step would be a force on the inside for Gang Green.

4) Oakland Raiders: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

When you manage just 13 sacks -- a league low, and 17 fewer than the next-worse team -- you'd best be looking for pass-rushers. Allen himself out-sacked the Raiders in 2018, recording 17 coming off the edge for Kentucky. If the Jets don't take him at No. 3, he fits a big need here.

5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

If you set a combine record for the fastest 40-yard dash for a defensive lineman (4.41 seconds at 260 pounds), you're going to make some money. Sweat has a ton of upside, and Tampa Bay badly needs difference-makers on defense. But there's also a very real possibility that the Bucs trade back with a team looking for a quarterback, and taking the best available offensive lineman -- perhaps Jawaan Taylor -- makes sense in that scenario.

6) New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

Another mock, another Haskins-to-the-Giants projection. It just makes sense. New York needs to secure its future at the position while it has this high pick, and Haskins has some great anticipation and feel in the pocket. Give him a year of learning from Eli Manning, not unlike what Kansas City did with Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith, and then let him start unleashing deep balls to Odell Beckham Jr.

7) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

With Nick Foles expected to come to Florida, the Jags need to beef up the offensive line to protect their new quarterback and create some holes for Leonard Fournette. Taylor's mobility, power and quickness would be welcomed in the trenches. He is a starting right tackle on Day 1.

8) Detroit Lions: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

The Lions need edge rushers with Ezekiel Ansah entering free agency. Gary had a good week at the combine, showing his athleticism and explosiveness. A lack of production in college might cause him to fall out of the top five, but if he is coached properly, the talent and skill set are there to be a stellar disruptor.

9) Buffalo Bills: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

He's an absolute monster at 6-foot-3 with ridiculous strength and 4.33 40 speed. Metcalf specializes in running the 9 route, and Josh Allen has the big arm to get him the ball. It's been a while since Buffalo had a real receiving talent like Metcalf, but don't sleep on the offensive line here, either. A good chunk of that unit will enter free agency.

10) Denver Broncos: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Denver has to upgrade the offensive line, and Williams is an experienced starter who would immediately provide an improvement at right tackle. New starter Joe Flacco is going to need protection, and Williams can handle speed off the edge with his quick feet.

11) Cincinnati Bengals: Devin White, ILB, LSU

There are a lot of needs here, but White is a three-down 'backer who can play sideline to sideline. He's one of my top prospects in the class and really impressed at the combine. The Bengals need a quarterback of the defense, and the value for White is tremendous outside of the top 10.

12) Green Bay Packers: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Yes, the Packers re-signed Jimmy Graham, but he is 32 years old and his production has declined. Hockenson combines size, speed and strength at the position, and he would give Aaron Rodgers a real weapon in the passing game.

13) Miami Dolphins: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

If the Ryan Tannehill era is indeed coming to a close, Lock would give new offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea a quarterback to develop. Lock has great mobility and arm strength, even though he needs some work with mechanics and ball placement.

14) Atlanta Falcons: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Putting Wilkins right next to Grady Jarrett, who was franchise-tagged by the Falcons, would help fix a run defense that allowed nearly 5 yards per carry last season. Wilkins is an explosive interior player who was a four-year starter for the defending national champs.

15) Washington Redskins: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

No change from my previous mock, as the speedy Brown heads to the nation's capital. Washington will be looking for improvements in multiple areas, but adding a burner would open up this offense. Brown has good hands and can outrun just about anyone.

16) Carolina Panthers: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Carolina dropped opposing quarterbacks for a sack only 35 times in 2018. Free agency is one way to handle that, but Ferrell has very good physicality and quick hands at the point of contact. He'd be a presence on the edge for the Panthers after running up 11.5 sacks with Clemson last season.

17) Cleveland Browns: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Dillard showed off elite athleticism for the position at the combine. He is a superb pass-protector who also has the range to cut off linebackers at the second level. And the Browns will be looking for a young left tackle to help protect Baker Mayfield's blind side for years to come.

18) Minnesota Vikings: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Value, value, value. Oliver is one of the top 10 players in the class. So although offensive line is more glaring immediate need here, the Vikes could plug Oliver into the middle of that defensive line between Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter and create headaches for offensive coordinators. He's a perfect replacement for free agent Sheldon Richardson.

19) Tennessee Titans: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

I think Bradbury is the best, most NFL-ready interior offensive lineman in the class. Ben Jones has played guard before, so the Titans could move him over and slide Bradbury in at center to drastically improve this unit. He has some athleticism and power in the middle.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan

Pittsburgh hasn't been able to replace Ryan Shazier in the middle of that linebacker group. We've seen Bush go sideline to sideline with Michigan, but his 4.43 40 time at the combine really drove home just how fast this kid is. He's an every-down talent and would fit in nicely with an already strong defense.

21) Seattle Seahawks: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Frank Clark is coming back to Seattle on the franchise tag, but the Seahawks still need a tackle in the middle next to Jarran Reed. On talent alone, Simmons competes with the best of the class. But there are some off-the-field concerns, and now the necessary recovery from a recent torn ACL.

22) Baltimore Ravens: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

How do you make a dual-threat quarterback like Lamar Jackson even scarier? Put an explosive three-down running back like Jacobs next to him in the shotgun. Jacobs was never a full-time starter at Alabama, so he has a lot of tread left on the tires -- and a whole lot of pop out of the backfield.

23) Houston Texans: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

The secondary is going to have some holes, and I do like the idea of Dexter Lawrence plugging the middle of Romeo Crennel's 3-4 defense. But the Texans allowed 62 sacks last season, the league high by six. Full stop. Ford is a big mauler who would help keep franchise QB Deshaun Watson off his back, and he could play tackle or guard.

24) Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears): Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

After addressing the pass rush with Allen at No. 4, the Raiders could look for a ball hawk in the secondary here. Murphy's football intelligence and fast eyes would make him a good fit in Paul Guenther's defensive scheme.

25) Philadelphia Eagles: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

We all know the Eagles want to fix the secondary, and while the Philly faithful might be clamoring for Greedy Williams here, I like Ya-Sin's full skill toolbox. He impressed me at the combine and deserves first-round consideration.

26) Indianapolis Colts: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

With a pretty good group of safeties out there on the free-agent market, the Colts could opt to address it there. But with Matt Eberflus' 4-3 featuring under Cover 2 and Tampa 2 components, Indy will be looking for speed and versatility. Rapp checks those boxes.

27) Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

It'd be poetic for the Raiders to use the exact pick they got for Amari Cooper to add a game-changing wide receiver. Campbell displayed 4.31 speed in Indianapolis and hauled in 90 balls for 12 touchdowns and more than 1,000 yards last season. He'd be an explosive receiver for Derek Carr (or whoever is playing QB for the Raiders) and has the ability to develop a really polished route tree.

28) Los Angeles Chargers: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

L.A. already has Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram on this defensive line. Now drop in a 342-pound run-stopper with 5.05 speed and high-end athleticism. With multiple members of this unit heading toward free agency, Lawrence would be a great get.

29) Kansas City Chiefs: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Andy Reid has to find a way to improve the secondary, and Baker does a nice job reading routes with terrific instincts in coverage. Only the Bengals allowed more passing yards last season, and Steven Nelson will be a free agent. Once Kansas City gets a corner, it will likely consider a running back in the second or third round.

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints): Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

With Clay Matthews and Muhammad Wilkerson looking at free agency, the Pack will want to add a pass-rusher off the edge. Burns dropped the opposition for 10 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss at Florida State last season.

31) Los Angeles Rams: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

The Rams scored 32.9 points per game in 2018, second to only the Chiefs. And adding a tight end with 4.51 speed could help keep the offense at that pace. Fant is essentially a big slot receiver, which would create exploitable matchups for Jared Goff and coach Sean McVay on offense. Getting the second Iowa tight end here would be a steal.

32) New England Patriots: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

I really wanted to go defensive line here with Trey Flowers, Malcom Brown and Danny Shelton all entering free agency, but there was just no value. Instead, the Alabama tight end would give the Pats an alternative to an aging Rob Gronkowski. But I'd bet that Bill Belichick trades out of the spot to stockpile extra picks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't be surprised at all if #1 happened.
Bosa, Williams, Allen is as good a trio of box players to go right in line at the top as I can remember.
Sweat that high looks like a it's got busty written all over it.
J Taylor in the top 10, and above J Williams, seems nuts to me. Just haven't seen that kind of production in games.
E Oliver going so late is bananas. He's a top 10 talent.
Jacobs to Baltimore looks good, I mean, as long as they want to keep wasting time with this L Jackson nonsense.
I Smith could be a stud for Brady/Belichick.

Not 100% sure what I'd do with the Texans pick. FA is a big factor with 70M in cap space. But just based off of this fallout I wouldn't be too bummed with Ford. He's a big nasty who I think can play RT rather soon. Passing on B Murphy with our needs at CB could be something to look back on painfully though.

Chris Scott
March 7th, 2019, 3:07 PM
I'd rather get a DT if we can't get Murray and just get top QB next draft.

Gutted Cards are going for Murray.

3puppies
March 7th, 2019, 4:51 PM
I find myself getting sucked in to the mock draft stuff more and more each year, even though I keep telling myself that these predictions are always meaningless because none of them consider the fact that there are always trades. Teams will move up and down, and trade picks for players.

Since my beloved World Champion Patriots have become masters of the Draft Day trade, is anyone else surprised that other teams keep trading with us?

Kneeneighbor
March 7th, 2019, 4:54 PM
Browns offered a package to the Giants for OBJ but it was rebuffed.

Fro
March 7th, 2019, 5:06 PM
I find myself getting sucked in to the mock draft stuff more and more each year, even though I keep telling myself that these predictions are always meaningless because none of them consider the fact that there are always trades. Teams will move up and down, and trade picks for players.

Since my beloved World Champion Patriots have become masters of the Draft Day trade, is anyone else surprised that other teams keep trading with us?

No, value is value. These teams work off one of those trade value charts (thus having an agreed upon measure of what's fair) and everyone is so invested in getting the draftees they want, it wouldn't make sense to turn down trading with one of the teams that trades the most. The Pats also seemingly have good relations with most of the teams in the league. Other than the Jets and Steelers (and maybe Ravens + other AFC east teams) I don't think any teams have a trade embargo with them. Even the Colts, who the Pats always stomp and were the reason for deflategate, have traded with the Pats recently.

Browns offered a package to the Giants for OBJ but it was rebuffed.

source? I saw the Browns rumors last night and that everyone was thinking it was relating to Odell but has this been reported by someone reliable now? I enjoy the Odell rumors but I don't know why they'd trade him 1 year after signing him to huge extension. he is a character but doesn't seem to be so destructive like AB that the Giants would need to deal him.

Percussion
March 7th, 2019, 6:11 PM

Lots of them consider the fact that there are trades.

BGMaverick
March 7th, 2019, 6:22 PM
I enjoy the Odell rumors but I don't know why they'd trade him 1 year after signing him to huge extension. he is a character but doesn't seem to be so destructive like AB that the Giants would need to deal him.

In regards to the first comment, what about the Giants tells you that they deal from a position of logic on a consistent basis? While he may not be at AB level of dysfunction or diva, it’s not like he’s that far off and it can escalate in a hurry. In addition, who is to say the Giants want him as their face of the franchise? Could be Barkley, could be the eventual QB they pick up. Is he comfortable not being the focal point or having to share half or two-thirds of the spotlight?

CWE
March 7th, 2019, 7:32 PM
Keenum and a 7 traded to the Redskins for a 6.

CWE
March 7th, 2019, 8:01 PM
Todd McShay's 2019 NFL Mock Draft, Version 3.0..

1) Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

We can't deny the rumblings here, and we know new coach Kliff Kingsbury recruited Murray in college. I'm not all-in on Arizona taking him just yet, though -- the Cards could be trying generate trade interest among the QB-needy teams. Still, the just-tall-enough Murray is a perfect fit to help Kingsbury transition the Air Raid offense to the NFL, and this pick makes sense from a scheme standpoint with all Murray's athleticism. Now, what could the Cardinals get for Josh Rosen?

2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

The Niners will be hunting for pass-rushers this offseason, and getting the best overall player in the class at No. 2 would be a fantastic start. Bosa has length, speed and power from the edge, and it's fathomable that the Buckeye paces San Francisco's defensive line in sacks as a rookie. He's that good.

3) New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

The Jets need defensive linemen as new coordinator Gregg Williams transitions to a 4-3 scheme, and the Alabama tackle fits perfectly as an interior pass-rusher who can also stop the run. Williams was incredible at the combine, and his quick first step would be a force on the inside for Gang Green.

4) Oakland Raiders: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

When you manage just 13 sacks -- a league low, and 17 fewer than the next-worse team -- you'd best be looking for pass-rushers. Allen himself out-sacked the Raiders in 2018, recording 17 coming off the edge for Kentucky. If the Jets don't take him at No. 3, he fits a big need here.

5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

If you set a combine record for the fastest 40-yard dash for a defensive lineman (4.41 seconds at 260 pounds), you're going to make some money. Sweat has a ton of upside, and Tampa Bay badly needs difference-makers on defense. But there's also a very real possibility that the Bucs trade back with a team looking for a quarterback, and taking the best available offensive lineman -- perhaps Jawaan Taylor -- makes sense in that scenario.

6) New York Giants: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

Another mock, another Haskins-to-the-Giants projection. It just makes sense. New York needs to secure its future at the position while it has this high pick, and Haskins has some great anticipation and feel in the pocket. Give him a year of learning from Eli Manning, not unlike what Kansas City did with Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith, and then let him start unleashing deep balls to Odell Beckham Jr.

7) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

With Nick Foles expected to come to Florida, the Jags need to beef up the offensive line to protect their new quarterback and create some holes for Leonard Fournette. Taylor's mobility, power and quickness would be welcomed in the trenches. He is a starting right tackle on Day 1.

8) Detroit Lions: Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

The Lions need edge rushers with Ezekiel Ansah entering free agency. Gary had a good week at the combine, showing his athleticism and explosiveness. A lack of production in college might cause him to fall out of the top five, but if he is coached properly, the talent and skill set are there to be a stellar disruptor.

9) Buffalo Bills: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

He's an absolute monster at 6-foot-3 with ridiculous strength and 4.33 40 speed. Metcalf specializes in running the 9 route, and Josh Allen has the big arm to get him the ball. It's been a while since Buffalo had a real receiving talent like Metcalf, but don't sleep on the offensive line here, either. A good chunk of that unit will enter free agency.

10) Denver Broncos: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Denver has to upgrade the offensive line, and Williams is an experienced starter who would immediately provide an improvement at right tackle. New starter Joe Flacco is going to need protection, and Williams can handle speed off the edge with his quick feet.

11) Cincinnati Bengals: Devin White, ILB, LSU

There are a lot of needs here, but White is a three-down 'backer who can play sideline to sideline. He's one of my top prospects in the class and really impressed at the combine. The Bengals need a quarterback of the defense, and the value for White is tremendous outside of the top 10.

12) Green Bay Packers: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

Yes, the Packers re-signed Jimmy Graham, but he is 32 years old and his production has declined. Hockenson combines size, speed and strength at the position, and he would give Aaron Rodgers a real weapon in the passing game.

13) Miami Dolphins: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

If the Ryan Tannehill era is indeed coming to a close, Lock would give new offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea a quarterback to develop. Lock has great mobility and arm strength, even though he needs some work with mechanics and ball placement.

14) Atlanta Falcons: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Putting Wilkins right next to Grady Jarrett, who was franchise-tagged by the Falcons, would help fix a run defense that allowed nearly 5 yards per carry last season. Wilkins is an explosive interior player who was a four-year starter for the defending national champs.

15) Washington Redskins: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

No change from my previous mock, as the speedy Brown heads to the nation's capital. Washington will be looking for improvements in multiple areas, but adding a burner would open up this offense. Brown has good hands and can outrun just about anyone.

16) Carolina Panthers: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Carolina dropped opposing quarterbacks for a sack only 35 times in 2018. Free agency is one way to handle that, but Ferrell has very good physicality and quick hands at the point of contact. He'd be a presence on the edge for the Panthers after running up 11.5 sacks with Clemson last season.

17) Cleveland Browns: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Dillard showed off elite athleticism for the position at the combine. He is a superb pass-protector who also has the range to cut off linebackers at the second level. And the Browns will be looking for a young left tackle to help protect Baker Mayfield's blind side for years to come.

18) Minnesota Vikings: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Value, value, value. Oliver is one of the top 10 players in the class. So although offensive line is more glaring immediate need here, the Vikes could plug Oliver into the middle of that defensive line between Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter and create headaches for offensive coordinators. He's a perfect replacement for free agent Sheldon Richardson.

19) Tennessee Titans: Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

I think Bradbury is the best, most NFL-ready interior offensive lineman in the class. Ben Jones has played guard before, so the Titans could move him over and slide Bradbury in at center to drastically improve this unit. He has some athleticism and power in the middle.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan

Pittsburgh hasn't been able to replace Ryan Shazier in the middle of that linebacker group. We've seen Bush go sideline to sideline with Michigan, but his 4.43 40 time at the combine really drove home just how fast this kid is. He's an every-down talent and would fit in nicely with an already strong defense.

21) Seattle Seahawks: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Frank Clark is coming back to Seattle on the franchise tag, but the Seahawks still need a tackle in the middle next to Jarran Reed. On talent alone, Simmons competes with the best of the class. But there are some off-the-field concerns, and now the necessary recovery from a recent torn ACL.

22) Baltimore Ravens: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

How do you make a dual-threat quarterback like Lamar Jackson even scarier? Put an explosive three-down running back like Jacobs next to him in the shotgun. Jacobs was never a full-time starter at Alabama, so he has a lot of tread left on the tires -- and a whole lot of pop out of the backfield.

23) Houston Texans: Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

The secondary is going to have some holes, and I do like the idea of Dexter Lawrence plugging the middle of Romeo Crennel's 3-4 defense. But the Texans allowed 62 sacks last season, the league high by six. Full stop. Ford is a big mauler who would help keep franchise QB Deshaun Watson off his back, and he could play tackle or guard.

24) Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears): Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

After addressing the pass rush with Allen at No. 4, the Raiders could look for a ball hawk in the secondary here. Murphy's football intelligence and fast eyes would make him a good fit in Paul Guenther's defensive scheme.

25) Philadelphia Eagles: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

We all know the Eagles want to fix the secondary, and while the Philly faithful might be clamoring for Greedy Williams here, I like Ya-Sin's full skill toolbox. He impressed me at the combine and deserves first-round consideration.

26) Indianapolis Colts: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

With a pretty good group of safeties out there on the free-agent market, the Colts could opt to address it there. But with Matt Eberflus' 4-3 featuring under Cover 2 and Tampa 2 components, Indy will be looking for speed and versatility. Rapp checks those boxes.

27) Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

It'd be poetic for the Raiders to use the exact pick they got for Amari Cooper to add a game-changing wide receiver. Campbell displayed 4.31 speed in Indianapolis and hauled in 90 balls for 12 touchdowns and more than 1,000 yards last season. He'd be an explosive receiver for Derek Carr (or whoever is playing QB for the Raiders) and has the ability to develop a really polished route tree.

28) Los Angeles Chargers: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

L.A. already has Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram on this defensive line. Now drop in a 342-pound run-stopper with 5.05 speed and high-end athleticism. With multiple members of this unit heading toward free agency, Lawrence would be a great get.

29) Kansas City Chiefs: Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

Andy Reid has to find a way to improve the secondary, and Baker does a nice job reading routes with terrific instincts in coverage. Only the Bengals allowed more passing yards last season, and Steven Nelson will be a free agent. Once Kansas City gets a corner, it will likely consider a running back in the second or third round.

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints): Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

With Clay Matthews and Muhammad Wilkerson looking at free agency, the Pack will want to add a pass-rusher off the edge. Burns dropped the opposition for 10 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss at Florida State last season.

31) Los Angeles Rams: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

The Rams scored 32.9 points per game in 2018, second to only the Chiefs. And adding a tight end with 4.51 speed could help keep the offense at that pace. Fant is essentially a big slot receiver, which would create exploitable matchups for Jared Goff and coach Sean McVay on offense. Getting the second Iowa tight end here would be a steal.

32) New England Patriots: Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama

I really wanted to go defensive line here with Trey Flowers, Malcom Brown and Danny Shelton all entering free agency, but there was just no value. Instead, the Alabama tight end would give the Pats an alternative to an aging Rob Gronkowski. But I'd bet that Bill Belichick trades out of the spot to stockpile extra picks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't be surprised at all if #1 happened.
Bosa, Williams, Allen is as good a trio of box players to go right in line at the top as I can remember.
Sweat that high looks like a it's got busty written all over it.
J Taylor in the top 10, and above J Williams, seems nuts to me. Just haven't seen that kind of production in games.
E Oliver going so late is bananas. He's a top 10 talent.
Jacobs to Baltimore looks good, I mean, as long as they want to keep wasting time with this L Jackson nonsense.
I Smith could be a stud for Brady/Belichick.

Not 100% sure what I'd do with the Texans pick. FA is a big factor with 70M in cap space. But just based off of this fallout I wouldn't be too bummed with Ford. He's a big nasty who I think can play RT rather soon. Passing on B Murphy with our needs at CB could be something to look back on painfully though.

Ed Oliver is way too low. And no Greedy Williams? Horrible mock draft by McShay.

PurePlayer
March 7th, 2019, 8:20 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that the eagles won’t be drafting a corner in round one.

Fro
March 8th, 2019, 12:17 AM
While smoking a blunt on Instagram live, Cowboys DT David Irving announces his retirement and talks about being pro marijuana and anti opioid.

Preach!

Fro
March 8th, 2019, 12:36 AM
also, Antonio Brown to the Bills Matthew

hithit
March 8th, 2019, 1:23 AM
I can’t see GB taking a TE at 12. They have so many holes they need to fill on that defense. A d-lineman, lb, or safety are all more pressing needs than a TE

Rancid_Planet
March 8th, 2019, 4:35 AM
Falcons cut the price of a hot dog, again (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/falcons-cut-the-price-of-a-hot-dog-again/)

So more people will spend more on affordable shit.

Imagine that.

Reminds me of the time they sent the sideline guy to talk to the vendor in Dallas who sold the 50 dollar mini pizzas at Cowboy games.

He asked how many of those he sold.

His reply was "not many really."

Percussion
March 8th, 2019, 8:24 AM
also, Antonio Brown to the Bills Matthew

This sounds pretty doa.

Shitty, cause I love the idea of Brown being sent to nfl Siberia.

PurePlayer
March 8th, 2019, 9:43 AM
this whole brown to the bills and then to see it not happening is pretty funny

Fro
March 8th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I enjoy it as well. The Steelers are really in a pickle. Some say their move is just to not trade AB since his tradablity is so low, and take the hard stance that he either shows up or doesn't get paid. But I really think they would be so much better off putting this circus behind them. Take a late 2nd round pick. Send back a 7th that becomes a 6th if AB doesn't play X amount of games. Move on. (Granted I don't know if they even have teams offering that much).

PurePlayer
March 8th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I enjoy it as well. The Steelers are really in a pickle. Some say their move is just to not trade AB since his tradablity is so low, and take the hard stance that he either shows up or doesn't get paid. But I really think they would be so much better off putting this circus behind them. Take a late 2nd round pick. Send back a 7th that becomes a 6th if AB doesn't play X amount of games. Move on. (Granted I don't know if they even have teams offering that much).

there is no chance they get a 2nd for Brown. I would be surprised if they get a 4th at this point. You have to remember the amount of money the team is taking on as well.

Fro
March 8th, 2019, 10:59 AM
there is no chance they get a 2nd for Brown. I would be surprised if they get a 4th at this point. You have to remember the amount of money the team is taking on as well.

The money is very reasonable unless AB demands more of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but a team that trades for him would inherit a contract of:

2019: $15.1 million
2020: $11.3 million
2021: $12.5 million

Percussion
March 8th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Pitt losing Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown for all of a 4th rounder would put a terrific cherry on this whole ridiculous shit show.

3puppies
March 8th, 2019, 11:07 AM
What is crazy about this whole Antonio Brown situation is that the Steelers have created this artificial deadline to trade him by 3/11, since Brown gets a $2.5 million roster bonus on 3/17. The Steelers ought to realize that due to the publicity of this saga, his trade value is not worth anything close to his performance value.

Teams in the market for a top wide receiver will probably want to first look to the draft and other free agents before giving up a high value pick, and taking on that big a contract.

But the other funny thing I heard was that the Steelers actually approached Brown and asked if he would agree to delay the roster bonus. Hah.

BGMaverick
March 8th, 2019, 3:28 PM
The Brown/Bills thing is funny but it sounds like a mix of bad reporting and hopeful reporting.

What is crazy about this whole Antonio Brown situation is that the Steelers have created this artificial deadline to trade him by 3/11, since Brown gets a $2.5 million roster bonus on 3/17. The Steelers ought to realize that due to the publicity of this saga, his trade value is not worth anything close to his performance value.

Teams in the market for a top wide receiver will probably want to first look to the draft and other free agents before giving up a high value pick, and taking on that big a contract.

But the other funny thing I heard was that the Steelers actually approached Brown and asked if he would agree to delay the roster bonus. Hah.

I’m failing to see what is “crazy” about it. They don’t want to give money to someone they’re trying to ship out? More at 11...

Teams around the league could easily be seeing the situation with the bonus and wait it out so the Steelers have to agonize over it. The Steelers are clearly not dealing from a position of strength so they just have to try to find a sucker.

3puppies
March 8th, 2019, 4:43 PM
There was no need for them to create the artificial deadline - that's just adding pressure on themselves, but to then let it be known that they have such a deadline further erodes their position.

I can't believe they thought, even for a moment, that Brown would have agreed to delay his bonus. Why would anyone in Brown's position do that?

Brown wants out, and because the relationship with the team has deteriorated, he doesn't care what if anything the team gets in return. He is a talent, but there is no way the Steelers get close to his value in return.

BGMaverick
March 8th, 2019, 4:55 PM
I mean, there's a very valid reason for them to create the deadline. Does it make sense from their perspective? Not really, but it's not unfathomable. Based off the fact that the Steelers asked Brown to move the dates tells me it's happened before with another player and team so it's not out of bounds to ask or its in the CBA and they're just hoping he'll do it. He's getting the money one way or another but the payment date is something they want to negotiate.

Percussion
March 8th, 2019, 7:38 PM
There was no need for them to create the artificial deadline - that's just adding pressure on themselves, but to then let it be known that they have such a deadline further erodes their position.

I can't believe they thought, even for a moment, that Brown would have agreed to delay his bonus. Why would anyone in Brown's position do that?

Brown wants out, and because the relationship with the team has deteriorated, he doesn't care what if anything the team gets in return. He is a talent, but there is no way the Steelers get close to his value in return.

What is so 'artificial' about the deadline of his contractual roster bonus kicking in?

Rancid_Planet
March 9th, 2019, 12:37 AM
There is going to be a great documentary about this current Steelers team one day soon.

Morrison
March 10th, 2019, 1:49 AM
AB to the raiders.

Fro
March 10th, 2019, 10:50 AM
For a 3rd and 5th. Good deal for them, tough look for Pittsburgh.

Basically they traded Amari, a 3rd and 5th for AB and a 1st. Bravo.

Percussion
March 10th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Bravo until AB decides he's unhappy for who fucking cares what reason and becomes a monstrous pain in the ass for them as well.

BGMaverick
March 10th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Bravo until AB decides he's unhappy for who fucking cares what reason and becomes a monstrous pain in the ass for them as well.

Surface level looks great but this is the eventual end game.

Fro
March 10th, 2019, 11:18 AM

Time will tell. He got his money so he should be satisfied for a season or two. I think this was a slam dunk win for the Raiders, a team that wasn’t good before getting AB but that would ideally want to be good when they move to their new home in Las Vegas.

As an aside, there’s also speculation they could be in on Le’Veon Bell.

Percussion
March 10th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Time will tell. He got his money so he should be satisfied for a season or two. I think this was a slam dunk win for the Raiders, a team that wasn’t good before getting AB but that would ideally want to be good when they move to their new home in Las Vegas.

He was happy with the Steelers allll the way back in 2017 when they made him the highest paid wr in the league.

And then time certainly told.

But of course he should be on his best behavior on a team in literal transition.

BGMaverick
March 10th, 2019, 12:04 PM

"Ideally" but we have no reason to believe they will be. It's just wishcasting at this point to think that they could be. Even so...do they make the playoffs?

I'd still be willing to think, AB and Bell on the Raiders and they still could possibly have a worse record than the Steelers.

Fro
March 10th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Will they make the playoffs? Idk, ask me in October. We haven’t even gotten to free agency and the draft yet. They have the most draft capital of any team and they need to turn that into good young players.

Either way I think this trade is easily worth the risk. Yea AB might clash with Gruden but if you can get a guy who averages 1500 yards per season for a 3rd and 5th, you do it.

Percussion
March 10th, 2019, 3:21 PM
That's certainly one way of portraying it.

Another could just as easily be, ya AB is really productive but if you're considering giving up any assets whatsoever for a guy who is selfish, combative, and has predictable odds on being an organizational tumor, you pass.

Truth is this may turn out in the end terrific for Oak/LV, and fro you're 100% correct, only time will tell. Just personally fuck the guy, as I'm tired of talking about him and his diva bullshit.

Percussion
March 11th, 2019, 8:48 PM
14M/yr a piece for Landon Collins and Tyrann Mathieu ... wow.

Good for them in the 'make yo paper' respect, but I personally hope the market falls off a cliff quickly as we make a run at Adrian Amos to pair with Justin Reid.

Also wanted to see a run made at Trent Brown, but the fucking schizophrenic RaIdErS had ton get involved. Brown @ 66M/4yrs ... :dunno:, ok.

Fro
March 11th, 2019, 9:30 PM
I love the NFL offseason. The free agent floodgates being opened is always such a fun time. I'm happy my team stayed away from the high priced FAs this year, and look forward to them scooping up some cheaper guys and working the trade market.

The Lions seem to be the team that's gone in the most so far. Matt Patricia probably can't afford another losing season (and I don't think that's right, head coaches should get more than 2 years to set up their system but that's the reality especially given that his players haven't been too fond of him).

CWE
March 11th, 2019, 11:09 PM
Kareem Jackson is no longer a Texan.

Fucking finally.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 5:08 AM
I never got the Jackson hate here. He was a stud for us last year.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 9:29 AM
Really wanted Adrian Amos to take over for Jackson/Mathieu. Fuck.

Fro
March 12th, 2019, 9:47 AM
Bridgewater is re-signing in New Orleans despite a bigger offer from Miami. Interesting decision to choose a backup role over a potential starter position and more money. Perhaps he thinks this is Brees's last year and he'll inherit a Super Bowl contending team in 2020?

BGMaverick
March 12th, 2019, 10:50 AM
It tells me that the QB market was pretty lukewarm this year. To me, it's not a terrible decision on his side. I get the counterargument but this is a reasonable move for him.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Turned down a starting spot for his hometown team for more money ... ya, gotta be some tea leaves telling teddy he's next man up.

3puppies
March 12th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Probably doesn't want to have to face Tom Brady twice a year. As a backup to Brees, he will make a lot of money doing nothing.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Fyi, qbs don't play defense..

Pablo Diablo
March 12th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Miami is going for a QB either this draft or next. If he thinks he will get to follow Bree’s as QB in NO makes sense. With the Dolphins he’d just be a stop gap.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 11:54 AM
I'd take Teddy over everyone not named Murray or Haskins.

Kneeneighbor
March 12th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Will Grier is going to be a keeper at QB from this draft.

Write it down.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Actually like Grier a fair bit. And far more so than the 1st round discussion surrounding Drew Lock.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Leveon Bell changed his profile color to green..

:panic:

Matthew
March 12th, 2019, 2:34 PM
cole billsley

gonna win it all now

Kneeneighbor
March 12th, 2019, 4:07 PM
I like what the Packers have done so far. Addressed needs so that their draft will not be dictated by needs and they cam draft best player available.

Torn
March 12th, 2019, 8:05 PM
ODELL BECKHAM TO THE BROWNS RIP Beefy

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:11 PM
OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUK

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:12 PM
Giants get Jabrill Peppers, 1st and 3rd round pick.

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:16 PM
Good return for Giants that.

Fanny Batter
March 12th, 2019, 8:25 PM
Cleveland looking at the chaos in Pittsburgh and going all in this year. Looking forward to seeing Baker work with him and Landry.

3puppies
March 12th, 2019, 8:25 PM
Browns should have a better offense now, with Baker leading, and Chubb at RB, with OBJ and Jarvis Landry.

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:36 PM
Cleveland looking at the chaos in Pittsburgh and going all in this year. Looking forward to seeing Baker work with him and Landry.

For sure they are. Surely favourites to win the division now.

- - - Updated - - -

2019 Browns Offense:

• QB Baker Mayfield
• RB Kareem Hunt
• RB Nick Chubb
• RB Duke Johnson
• WR Odell Beckham Jr
• WR Jarvis Landry
• TE David Njoku

That’s fire.

Torn
March 12th, 2019, 8:43 PM
Big time O line too and obviously their young defense has huge potential with Garrett and Ward and they added Vernon also from the Giants opposite Garrett making a scary pass rush

Giants IMO are one of the worst run teams in football over the last several years and that downward slope all started with the contract they gave Vernon

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:45 PM
Oh they added Vernon too, no way.

I agree they’ve been a mess.

Percussion
March 12th, 2019, 8:46 PM
So..

Odell Beckham = #17, #95, and a good, young SS prospect.

Antonio Brown = #66, #141, plus eating $21M in dead money.

yup, sounds about right..

Chris Scott
March 12th, 2019, 8:47 PM
I think they’ll sort their O-Line out in the draft and fill the holes. They will stick with Manning next season and tank, then get Tua in the draft.

Rancid_Planet
March 12th, 2019, 9:24 PM
God how fast things turn around in the NFL can be astounding.

Just a couple seasons ago the Browns had no offense to speak of. Now they're trotting out one of the nastiest looking offenses in the league. Unreal.

Randolph
March 12th, 2019, 9:37 PM
The Browns are negotiating a deal with Earl Thomas too.

BGMaverick
March 12th, 2019, 9:45 PM
Browns absolutely striking while the iron is hot, specifically due to the fact their QB could be legit and is on a rookie deal. Gotta make the most of that cap room while you can.

BigAl
March 13th, 2019, 5:41 AM
Bell to the Jets. 4 years, $52 million. $36 million guaranteed.

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 9:08 AM
So..

Odell Beckham = #17, #95, and a good, young SS prospect.

Antonio Brown = #66, #141, plus eating $21M in dead money.

yup, sounds about right..

Well one is 26 years old and the other is 31. Brown demanded a trade and Beckham did not. I think there are a few differences here. The Giants are eating 16 million for Beckham

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 9:10 AM
Good return for Giants that.

It's a horrible return. A first which is outside of the top 15 is basically a 50/50 chance that player becomes a starter, the worse of the two 3rd rounders from Cleveland(probably a depth player), and a safety who hasn't played up to his potential yet(worse than Landon Collins). That is not a great haul for a top 3 receiver. Amari Cooper netted the Raiders number 22 overall. a 3rd rounder and a box safety should not move the needle for the difference between the two players.

You could argue they are trying to rebuild but it's not a rebuild when you are paying a 38 yr old qb 25 million and you don't draft a rb number 2. By the time the Giants are ready to compete, Barkley is going to be up for a new deal.

BGMaverick
March 13th, 2019, 9:24 AM
It's a horrible return. A first which is outside of the top 15 is basically a 50/50 chance that player becomes a starter, the worse of the two 3rd rounders from Cleveland(probably a depth player), and a safety who hasn't played up to his potential yet(worse than Landon Collins). That is not a great haul for a top 3 receiver. Amari Cooper netted the Raiders number 22 overall. a 3rd rounder and a box safety should not move the needed for the difference between the two players.

You could argue they are trying to rebuild but it's not a rebuild when you are paying a 38 yr old qb 25 million and you don't draft a qb number 2. By the time the Giants are ready to compete, Barkley is going to be up for a new deal.

Out of curiosity, how much would your outlook change if they traded the first they just got to Arizona for Rosen?

Fro
March 13th, 2019, 9:26 AM
It's a horrible return. A first which is outside of the top 15 is basically a 50/50 chance that player becomes a starter, the worse of the two 3rd rounders from Cleveland(probably a depth player), and a safety who hasn't played up to his potential yet(worse than Landon Collins). That is not a great haul for a top 3 receiver. Amari Cooper netted the Raiders number 22 overall. a 3rd rounder and a box safety should not move the needed for the difference between the two players.

You could argue they are trying to rebuild but it's not a rebuild when you are paying a 38 yr old qb 25 million and you don't draft a qb number 2. By the time the Giants are ready to compete, Barkley is going to be up for a new deal.

agreed. also the Browns have Odell locked up for very reasonable money ($17 million this year then roughly $15 mil a year for the 4 years after that) thanks to the extension he signed with the Giants. that is a great long-term contract for them given the caliber of the player. whereas Amari Cooper is due for a new contract at the end of this year so the Cowboys will have to pony up to keep him.

that being said, it's not an awful return to get a 1st, 3rd and a player. the dumb part was giving him that extension last year. they should have traded him last year and gotten a similar return. they started the tank a year later than they should have and while we'll never know how the cookies would have crumbled if they did that, it could set them back a lot.

but I guess it's better to correct a mistake now rather than keep him for another season when they have little chance of contending and he could become a malcontent.

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 9:30 AM
Out of curiosity, how much would your outlook change if they traded the first they just got to Arizona for Rosen?

His value is down. So trading number 17 for him wouldn't be a smart move. At this point, they almost have to trade their firsts to move up for one of the qbs. Now if they leave this draft without a future qb, then they are clearly trying to win 2-3 games and go for a qb they think will be there the following year. Dangerous move.

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 9:32 AM
agreed. also the Browns have Odell locked up for very reasonable money ($17 million this year then roughly $15 mil a year for the 4 years after that) thanks to the extension he signed with the Giants. that is a great long-term contract for them given the caliber of the player. whereas Amari Cooper is due for a new contract at the end of this year so the Cowboys will have to pony up to keep him.

that being said, it's not an awful return to get a 1st, 3rd and a player. the dumb part was giving him that extension last year. they should have traded him last year and gotten a similar return. they started the tank a year later than they should have and while we'll never know how the cookies would have crumbled if they did that, it could set them back a lot.

but I guess it's better to correct a mistake now rather than keep him for another season when they have little chance of contending and he could become a malcontent.

the biggest malpractice of this whole thing is the GM thought the Giants were a contender last year by drafting barkley, keeping Manning, and extending beckham. Now it set them back a couple years and still have no qb.

BGMaverick
March 13th, 2019, 9:34 AM
His value is down. So trading number 17 for him wouldn't be a smart move. At this point, they almost have to trade their firsts to move up for one of the qbs. Now if they leave this draft without a future qb, then they are clearly trying to win 2-3 games and go for a qb they thing will be there the following year. Dangerous move.

Value is down, sure, but it could change prior to the draft. Even if that’s the case, trade a second and one of their multiple fifths. The Giants are going to have 12 picks in the draft. They’ve got capital. My main point was pushing back on your concern about the danger of waiting a year when you could find a way to get Rosen.

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 9:39 AM
Value is down, sure, but it could change prior to the draft. Even if that’s the case, trade a second and one of their multiple fifths. The Giants are going to have 12 picks in the draft. They’ve got capital. My main point was pushing back on your concern about the danger of waiting a year when you could find a way to get Rosen.

Ok fair point about getting Rosen. But now he is in his second year and he will again be in a bad situation. basically he is going to be evaluated after two wasted years on bad teams. will the giants be releasing Manning in this scenario?

BGMaverick
March 13th, 2019, 9:42 AM
Ok fair point about getting Rosen. But now he is in his second year and he will again be in a bad situation. basically he is going to be evaluated after two wasted years on bad teams. will the giants be releasing Manning in this scenario?

Either or. They’ve already shown they’re willing to eat $16 million. What’s another 23? They’re a bad franchise. Bad franchises do stupid things. Also, my main point about Rosen a week or two ago is that he’s kind of SOL. He was in a bad spot and bad teams are likely going to be going after him. It’s not like the Patriots are going to offer something for him to be the heir to the throne.

Jordo
March 13th, 2019, 11:33 AM
It's a horrible return. A first which is outside of the top 15 is basically a 50/50 chance that player becomes a starter, the worse of the two 3rd rounders from Cleveland(probably a depth player), and a safety who hasn't played up to his potential yet(worse than Landon Collins). That is not a great haul for a top 3 receiver. Amari Cooper netted the Raiders number 22 overall. a 3rd rounder and a box safety should not move the needle for the difference between the two players.

You could argue they are trying to rebuild but it's not a rebuild when you are paying a 38 yr old qb 25 million and you don't draft a rb number 2. By the time the Giants are ready to compete, Barkley is going to be up for a new deal.

Peppers has shown signs of improving at safety. He's nothing special but he's developing into a solid safety.

Silver lining my dude.

Look at my new lock screen

https://i.redd.it/tydmu1879wl21.png

Beautiful

PurePlayer
March 13th, 2019, 11:49 AM
As an Eagles fan, I am happy the Giants traded Beckham away lol. I just think it was a bad return and they are directionless right now.

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2019, 2:38 PM

Yeah actually now it's been nearly 24 hours and I have ready more about it wasn't the best return, wouldn't say it was terrible i would say an ok return. I had Browns pick in my head as top ten.

Yes ita fully rebuild and they'll fix their holes this season like the o-line and then next season get the QB they want.

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2019, 2:41 PM
As an Eagles fan, I am happy the Giants traded Beckham away lol. I just think it was a bad return and they are directionless right now.

They were never a threat for few years anyway even if they kept OBJ.

Going to be interesting Giants & us tanking and who is willing to take all the shit in doing so. Think Flores can get away with it being his first season as head coach.

BigAl
March 13th, 2019, 3:27 PM
Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram to the Ravens

Chris Scott
March 13th, 2019, 9:07 PM
Bolden back to Patriots :lol: guess they didn’t want him scoring any more TD’s against them.

Fro
March 13th, 2019, 11:06 PM
I love Bolden. Special teams stud, locker room glue guy, backup RB in case you have multiple injuries. Home where he belongs.

Also I’m very happy they re-signed Phillip Dorsett (fantasy sleeper) and Jason McCourty.

Kdestiny
March 14th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Interested to see where Eric Berry ends up, hopefully Chicago takes a look

Chris Scott
March 14th, 2019, 5:41 AM
I love Bolden. Special teams stud, locker room glue guy, backup RB in case you have multiple injuries. Home where he belongs.

Also I’m very happy they re-signed Phillip Dorsett (fantasy sleeper) and Jason McCourty.

I wanted us to keep him.