PDA

View Full Version : All Elite Wrestling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 9:38 AM
Like 4 people in 1 conversation: nash diesel kills the conversation in this thread.

nash diesel: no ur wrong

I stay on topic I don't start trying to do the "I'm better than this poster because of reasons" approach that derails threads.

If I kill a conversation because I'm not 100% down with everything on the show and I'm not 100% down with the 3-4 people who want drama in every thread-that's not on me. You can easily move on to the next subject without popping off at the keyboard.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 9:39 AM
Yeah i think the good faith argument is a big part of it. Every other day theres another story about why WWE is a shitty organisation to work for and their real contempt for fans and lack of giving a fuck about seeing things through/developing stories. The crap part about that is the WWE is full of talent i really like, just presented in a way where i dont really feel inclined to watch. But again, that product isnt for 32 year old - two decade long fan Gary over here, its for some other demo.

AEW is pitched for me and I love it, the good faith is there because i can genuinely see them pivot, try to change or adapt stories that arent working - just even the notion of being listened to makes a difference. Theyve made me care about names I didnt know existed two years ago, everything seems fresh and there are a litany of directions they can go in. So I dont really mind when the dud explosion happens or when cody cuts a weird promo about america or where something doesnt really land for me, because I've got the confidence that the rest of the show will make up for it, and that THEY will recognise it didnt land and do something different next time.

Also, i largely stay away from wrestling twitter and forums now and jesus christ its so refreshing to just watch and enjoy a show without overanalyzing every decision, booking plan or error. Who knew.

Yeah every day there's a story from the likes of Lana and Tucker making up things about the WWE based on what if scenarios they created in their heads.

Donald
July 6th, 2021, 9:55 AM
I think AEW needs a lot of work (current WWE needs a lot more work), but then again WWE didn't become the biggest overnight. Quite frankly, I'd enjoy AEW more if they didn't have blading, profanity, and WWE bashing moments. I understand that the Attitude era had blading, profanity, and WCW bashing moments, but man that was 20 years ago, I was a teenager, teenagers love that stuff. I watched some Attitude era stuff on Peacock recently and a lot of it is just cringeworthy.

I do quite like Brian Cage and Vance Archer though. My exposure to AEW is just YouTube clips, as I got rid of cable a couple of months ago. I used to listen to Jim Cornette but that's just one big pile of negativity so I'm avoiding it for now.

Also, the last thing I'd ever want is to be a reason for someone to not want to visit a thread or forum, so if I've done that, sincerest of apologies and I'll do better.

Murphy
July 6th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Yo Murphy it's coming home lad!

:eek:

I still say Italy...

Murphy
July 6th, 2021, 10:09 AM
FWIW, I've loved the slow burn Adam Page story and cannot wait to see him dethrone Kenny. When do we think? I'd say All Out is too soon, so maybe Full Gear or even Revolution.

Hangman is my favourite in all of wrestling right now and has been for probably over a year now.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 10:21 AM
FWIW, I've loved the slow burn Adam Page story and cannot wait to see him dethrone Kenny. When do we think? I'd say All Out is too soon, so maybe Full Gear or even Revolution.

Hangman is my favourite in all of wrestling right now and has been for probably over a year now.

I wouldn't call it a slow burn because that implies what we've seen is intentional with Adam Page's booking. I hate using WWE as an example but it's like when fans though the booking of Daniel Bryan winning at Mania 30 was the plan all along and all that shit with Orton, Big Show, etc. getting booked over DB was all part of the plan.

If I were booking Hangman I would've never had him and Omega win the tag-team titles. I think both guys wasted a good 8-9 months in the tag division when they should've been singles champions. Omega should've been the first World champion, not 50 year old Jericho. Hangman should've been the first TNT champion, not Cody Rhodes.

Hangman is someone who I'm not a big fan of, I can appreciate him on tv and I can respect his fanbase but I think he's in a really shit situation with being associated with the Dark Order. If anyone is going to take the title off of Omega, I would put Hangman in the top 3.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't call it a slow burn because that implies what we've seen is intentional with Adam Page's booking. I hate using WWE as an example but it's like when fans though the booking of Daniel Bryan winning at Mania 30 was the plan all along and all that shit with Orton, Big Show, etc. getting booked over DB was all part of the plan.

If I were booking Hangman I would've never had him and Omega win the tag-team titles. I think both guys wasted a good 8-9 months in the tag division when they should've been singles champions. Omega should've been the first World champion, not 50 year old Jericho. Hangman should've been the first TNT champion, not Cody Rhodes.

Hangman is someone who I'm not a big fan of, I can appreciate him on tv and I can respect his fanbase but I think he's in a really shit situation with being associated with the Dark Order. If anyone is going to take the title off of Omega, I would put Hangman in the top 3.

Surely youre trolling here? It’s very very very very obvious to the person with the most absolute basic understanding of pro wrestling or story telling in general that this has been the plan, or very close to the plan, since Page lost to Jericho. It’s been likely elongated for a while due to the pandemic sure, but it’s nothing like a backfit story.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 11:05 AM
Surely youre trolling here? It’s very very very very obvious to the person with the most absolute basic understanding of pro wrestling or story telling in general that this has been the plan, or very close to the plan, since Page lost to Jericho. It’s been likely elongated for a while due to the pandemic sure, but it’s nothing like a backfit story.

Says the guy who can judge who is autistic because of their posts and newsletters on the internet.

I don't see what part of my post was trolling. That I wanted to see Hangman in a better position than he's been in since pretty much day one? That I wanted one of the top wrestlers on the planet to be the inaugural champion and not a dude who's 10 years past his prime and didn't need the World title?

Sounds like you're just another AEW schill who can't take the slightest "criticism" over how something is booked. I doubt that they were sitting around going "Yeah and then after Brodie Lee dies and we bury the Dark Order, we're going to have Adam Page involved with them to help build him up!" That's just absurd.

Even the very very very very obvious AEW mark can see that Hangman Page's "slow burn" is just another excuse for "We don't know what to do with this guy despite him being dope"

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Utterly exhausting trying to have a grown up convo with you here so I’m out.

“I’m not an AEW mark I just enjoy it”

“Sound like an AEW schill”

Once again, in the second thread - everything doesn’t have to be black and white and tribal. There can be nuance to arguments, people are allowed to enjoy things without being a fanboy and also be critical of other things without being a hater.

You are absolutely desperate to get into arguments here constantly. It’s so weird.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Utterly exhausting trying to have a grown up convo with you here so I’m out.

“I’m not an AEW mark I just enjoy it”

“Sound like an AEW schill”

Once again, in the second thread - everything doesn’t have to be black and white and tribal. There can be nuance to arguments, people are allowed to enjoy things without being a fanboy and also be critical of other things without being a hater.

You are absolutely desperate to get into arguments here constantly. It’s so weird.

Or you can just respond without the condescending approach thinking that you have all the answers. You still haven't learned after all these years that you don't get to just pop off negativity and go unchecked lol. Stick to what you know, this ain't it Slare.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 11:40 AM
I feel like Hangman wins the title at All Out with the help of future hall of famers, Dark Order.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 11:50 AM
I feel like Hangman wins the title at All Out with the help of future hall of famers, Dark Order.

lol you shut your mouth

God damn they might as well just take him out to pasture and call it a day if they have him win the title like a chump.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 11:57 AM
Well, he has to overcome the advantage Kenny has of the Young Bucks and the Good Brothers somehow. He can still win clean, just in a fair fight.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Well, he has to overcome the advantage Kenny has of the Young Bucks and the Good Brothers somehow. He can still win clean, just in a fair fight.

Put them in the Hell In A Cell--or whatever AEW's equivalent would be. No bullshit, just 2 men throwing down inside the cage to keep the 2 shit stables out of the match.

IDK if people have noticed but Kenny Omega and Hangman Page do not need all this other shit that's surrounding them except for maybe a manager. Hangman is not very consistent with his mic skills which is fine. Kenny is probably bottom tier promo so Don Callis-despite being a parody of himself nowadays-is a smart addition.

But this whole latching on to the Bullet Club stuff with Good Bros and The Christ Cucks, it does nothing for Kenny. Kenny trying to look like Triple H is a step in the right direction, now he needs to ditch the duds. Obviously my opinion of Page's affiliation with the DO is well known.

AEW having 90 stables just makes most of the top players look weak.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 12:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPavTO2r8Ss

Anyone who watched this and said "This is great!" should never be allowed to watch wrestling again.

Hangman Page was someone who I couldn't stand for years. I felt everything-including his World title match with Jericho-was just overpushing a guy who was still midcard at best. But I really warmed up to him during the build to the break up and was really excited for his singles run after feuding with Kenny for 2 seconds and then.....nothing.

I think personally for me it's the affiliation with the Dark Order. I've hated that stable pretty much since the start. It's one of those ideas that had potential, but then you realize oh fuck, this stable really did die with Brodie Lee. And even then it was arguably the worst shit on American wrestling television, but at least we had Brodie Lee the Redksins fan.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Or you can just respond without the condescending approach thinking that you have all the answers. You still haven't learned after all these years that you don't get to just pop off negativity and go unchecked lol. Stick to what you know, this ain't it Slare.

I enjoy your pattern of just calling people condescending when they offer up an argument or opinion you don’t agree with or try and engage in a discussion which is more than ME RIGHT U WRONG ��

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 12:30 PM
I enjoy your pattern of just calling people condescending when they offer up an argument or opinion you don’t agree with or try and engage in a discussion which is more than ME RIGHT U WRONG ��

I enjoyed your pattern of not posting here as often as you have been the last several days.

Also, I'm pretty sure I was the one who literally just said people in this thread (and other pro AEW platforms) can't handle a differing opinion but you stick to not being original and diagnosing autism.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Ah well, tried to come here and just enjoy the show and maybe offer a little something different on Meltzer than the groupthink rage - but just a few very angry people here derailing everything, which is why I left in the first place I suppose.

Enjoy screaming back into the void ND

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Ah well, tried to come here and just enjoy the show and maybe offer a little something different on Meltzer than the groupthink rage - but just a few very angry people here derailing everything, which is why I left in the first place I suppose.

I'm not angry at all. If you're that soft, that's on you not me. You used to have a set of balls, now you just tuck them and think we missed you. We didn't. We'll continue like normal, and you'll still be lame.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Seem to have stepped into a 14 year olds battle rap

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 12:41 PM

How do you feel about the Dark Order?

What's your thoughts on the lucha style tag matches where tag ropes are forgot about?

How much do Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt suck and why are they still employed? Same question for Joey Janela.

How great is Miro? Who is going to beat him? (hopefully a while from now) I'm thinking Jungle Boy. I kind of feel like JR got one right for a change and he really should just be "Jungle" Jack Perry.

Thoughts on the Men of The Year, Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky?

Do the Young Bucks have "x-pac heat" or are they just being great heels?

How and when do you think Hangman beats Kenny?

VHS
July 6th, 2021, 2:19 PM
How great is Miro? Who is going to beat him? (hopefully a while from now) I'm thinking Jungle Boy. I kind of feel like JR got one right for a change and he really should just be "Jungle" Jack Perry.

Miro's fantastic in small doses. His debut was utter ass, but him pivoting into being an actual wrecking machine is a giant step forward for AEW. Even though he's slightly overrated right now, he still has main event written all over him.

If Hangman beats Kenny, it'll be in the background of a giant mess of jobbers squabbling with other jobbers. I really hate how AEW can't just let two guys wrestler without the entire locker room coming out.

Also, Brian Pillman Jr. has quickly become one of my favorite new faces that can actually get behind. Seeing him in front of an actual crowd has been an awesome litmus test for how well he hooks fans. I want to see much more of him :yes:

Lastly, Nash Diesel is human spam mail. Jesus lordy lord.

Morrison
July 6th, 2021, 2:42 PM
If Hangman beats Kenny, it'll be in the background of a giant mess of jobbers squabbling with other jobbers. I really hate how AEW can't just let two guys wrestler without the entire locker room coming out.

outside of things involving kenny since winter is coming, when else does this happen? cause i think they tend to make it a point not to get too schmozy, too often. with kenny, it's obviously very deliberate and meant to be a spit in the face of well-intentioned competition.

hopefully the production doesnt underwhelm when the moment comes, and they make sure to give focus and capture the final moments between hangman and omega, because there will most definitely be a wall of outside brawling by others, cause the whole storyline has been structured to include it. omega will try to use the elite, and the dark order will neutralize it, much like foley's title win on raw. it'll be overbooked, and it'll be great.

Donald
July 6th, 2021, 2:47 PM
I could see Moxley doing a surprise return and taking out Omega behind the ref's back, giving Page the win. After a very even contest of course.

Didn't Foley vs. the Rock end up with DX and Corporation fighting on the outside, leading Austin to come out and take out the Rock while the ref was distracted with the factions? Do the same thing here with the Dark Order and the Elite.

However I think I'd rather see Jungle Boy get that Foley role but then the faction idea doesn't make sense.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 2:58 PM
How do you feel about the Dark Order?

What's your thoughts on the lucha style tag matches where tag ropes are forgot about?

How much do Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt suck and why are they still employed? Same question for Joey Janela.

Thoughts on the Men of The Year, Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky?

Do the Young Bucks have "x-pac heat" or are they just being great heels?

I think the Dark Order have gotten as much as they’re going to get out of the good will sympathy babyface run and will be low card comedy fodder going ahead - however that might well change depending on what sort of reaction the live crowds on the road give them.

With Hangman I was thinking something stupid like Kenny winning the IWGP in Jan and Hangman being the first of the falling house of cards in March next year - but I totally get why maybe a big Chicago crowd exactly two years after the storyline started makes perfect sense too.

If you’re gonna change the big title soon to a face, leave the TNT on Miro right through to the new year - and can’t think of anyone better than Jungle boy to take it and win his “big one”.

On the Bucks, think they’re trying a little hard on the heel side but I’m never ever dissapointed with them in the ring so no real complaints. Feel like the Good Brothers/Bucks/Bullet club etc story has kinda fizzled a little.

I think you’ll see a LOT of fat being trimmed over the next couple months when they are back on the road and they’re not utilising 300 wrestlers just to keep them in a job.

Very much looking forward to the first back to normal dynamite tomorrow

VHS
July 6th, 2021, 2:59 PM
outside of things involving kenny since winter is coming, when else does this happen? cause i think they tend to make it a point not to get too schmozy, too often. with kenny, it's obviously very deliberate and meant to be a spit in the face of well-intentioned competition.

hopefully the production doesnt underwhelm when the moment comes, and they make sure to give focus and capture the final moments between hangman and omega, because there will most definitely be a wall of outside brawling by others, cause the whole storyline has been structured to include it. omega will try to use the elite, and the dark order will neutralize it, much like foley's title win on raw. it'll be overbooked, and it'll be great.

It's absolutely the structure they've built, and it really grated me during the Omega/Jungle Boy match. After Jungle had Omega in the snare strap, all hell started to break loose and then the focus went away from the match. While it didn't necessarily change the outcome of the match, it still went down. It's like ringside shenanigans needs to be checked off for big matches. Instead of it being a one on one match things delve into a pool party.

If/When Hangman beats Kenny, I hope it's without a squabble going on ringside because when a champion falls it should be because the challenger was good enough to dethrone them. Instead, it would come off more like a good guy being able to sneak in an undeserved win because the champ was taken down a peg by somebody else. Eh. That's not AEW's style, but I wish it was.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:06 PM
It's absolutely the structure they've built, and it really grated me during the Omega/Jungle Boy match. After Jungle had Omega in the snare strap, all hell started to break loose and then the focus went away from the match. While it didn't necessarily change the outcome of the match, it still went down. It's like ringside shenanigans needs to be checked off for big matches. Instead of it being a one on one match things delve into a pool party.

If/When Hangman beats Kenny, I hope it's without a squabble going on ringside because when a champion falls it should be because the challenger was good enough to dethrone them. Instead, it would come off more like a good guy being able to sneak in an undeserved win because the champ was taken down a peg by somebody else. Eh. That's not AEW's style, but I wish it was.

Unless they're a heel. Kenny getting a dirty win over Moxley-that was fine.

Adam Page needs a clean win to solidify his status.

Morrison
July 6th, 2021, 3:08 PM
im pretty sure the only title change, out of ALL the titles in AEW, that could be considered 'undeserved' is the omega win, which again, was a deliberate decision to set up this kind of character and champion. you are projecting like hell.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:17 PM
If the Dark Order takes out the Good Brothers and the Young Bucks and Hangman hits the buckshot lariat for the 3, it's still a clean win.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:21 PM
If the Dark Order takes out the Good Brothers and the Young Bucks and Hangman hits the buckshot lariat for the 3, it's still a clean win.

Not really. You still have the distraction excuse that could be used. We don't need all that nonsense. I get it, if AEW does it it's fucking perfect.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:22 PM
No Mr. Strawman, if they get involved in the match I agree it's not a clean win but if their only purpose is to stop other people from interfering then it's a clean win.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:24 PM
No Mr. Strawman, if they get involved in the match I agree it's not a clean win but if their only purpose is to stop other people from interfering then it's a clean win.

I disagree. I think that any outside involvement, even they physically don't touch Page or Omega, is unwarranted.

It's STROWMAN to you PB.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:25 PM
You make up shit no one is saying as if it's their argument. Strawman.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:26 PM
You can say it's unwarranted, but it's still a clean win.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:32 PM
You make up shit no one is saying as if it's their argument. Strawman.

Would you be offended if I said that I'm just following your lead? I'm not but it sure does sound like another pot calling the kettle black moment from Team Proud.

You can say it's unwarranted, but it's still a clean win.

I disagree. A clean win doesn't involve outside shenanigans. You have to put them in a match where there isn't any doubt. I get you're a fan of the Dark Order and I know you like to make every excuse in the book for AEW's questionable booking at times. But imo, you're wrong.

Next time don't follow Moronison's lead talking about this would be like when Foley won the title on Raw. That wasn't a clean win either.

VHS
July 6th, 2021, 3:35 PM
You're impossible.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:37 PM
You're impossible.

Stay on topic before Slare has a mod come at you.

Morrison
July 6th, 2021, 3:41 PM

that's how i see it happening. page kicks out of the OWA, kenny loses it, calls for back up, but dark order was lying in wait and cut them off at the pass before they get to the ring. they're brawling all over the stage and shit, kenny is looking on in disbelief, pissed off, and he turns and meets eyes with page, now standing on the apron opposite him, just like revolution 2020, kenny sneers and charges, pages buckshots the living hell out of him and pins him for the title.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:42 PM
You're not following my lead because I'm actually trying to discuss things and you're too busy saying everyone loves AEW and finds no fault with it (which obviously isn't true) while at the same time saying you're the biggest AEW fan. It really makes no sense.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:42 PM
that's how i see it happening. page kicks out of the OWA, kenny loses it, calls for back up, but dark order was lying in wait and cut them off at the pass before they get to the ring. they're brawling all over the stage and shit, kenny is looking on in disbelief, pissed off, and he turns and meets eyes with page, now standing on the apron opposite him, just like revolution 2020, kenny sneers and charges, pages buckshots the living hell out of him and pins him for the title.

So Kenny gets distracted by what's going on outside, turns around, boom hit with the dope finisher=not a clean win.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:44 PM
That's not what he said though.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:45 PM
You're not following my lead because I'm actually trying to discuss things and you're too busy saying everyone loves AEW and finds no fault with it (which obviously isn't true) while at the same time saying you're the biggest AEW fan. It really makes no sense.

I am their biggest fan. I see a bunch of marks here in this thread, but I don't see any real fans. Being a fan isn't making excuses for everything that someone does wrong, that's being a mark. Like Peter Griffin, anytime someone shit on Vince he would lash out with shit like "oajpfjpa48fjp4 fuck Vince! paoiejfpa8j408-j"

The only difference here is you guys are better at translating your ball hugging. Just be real about it. We had a nice discussion where we both agreed Jungle Boy wasn't being booked as well as he should.

But please continue.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 3:47 PM
That's not what he said though.

Oh my bad, he said "they're (Elite/Dark Order) are brawling all over the stage and shit (not actual shit), KENNY IS LOOKING ON (at the fighting outside-getting distracted) in disbelief, pissed off, and he turns (meaning he's not focused on his opponent) and meets eyes with Page, etc."

I added a little bit in there so I'm sure you'll shit on my opinion for that because you're suddenly Mr. Verbatim around here.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:48 PM
How am I a mark when I've mentioned multiple things I disagree with in the past and today even? Just because you say so? Because I find some things fun and can overlook them while you're unable to? Because I give them some slack because they're a new company finding their legs and not something like Impact that's been going for 15 years and keeps making the same mistakes?

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 3:49 PM
If you meet eyes with someone and then charge at them you're not distracted.

Slare
July 6th, 2021, 3:59 PM
Took 3 separate peoples advice in rep comments and stuck ND on ignore and let me tell you it’s made this last page far more readable already ��

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 4:01 PM
How am I a mark when I've mentioned multiple things I disagree with in the past and today even? Just because you say so? Because I find some things fun and can overlook them while you're unable to? Because I give them some slack because they're a new company finding their legs and not something like Impact that's been going for 15 years and keeps making the same mistakes?

Yes. Yes. What things am I unable to overlook? Yes.

I don't even watch Impact so IDK what they're doing wrong. 15 years getting even worse ratings than AEW=they must be blowing someone properly. But again, I don't watch Impact so I can't speak on anything other than the fact they've been around for 21 years total and barely getting 2 million viewers even at their peak.

If you meet eyes with someone and then charge at them you're not distracted.

He was distracted by outside violence which caused him to take his eyes off the goal. He had to focus his sight back on the opponent-which if Elite/DO were not outside the ring this would not have happened.

Bert
July 6th, 2021, 4:19 PM
I think you’ll see a LOT of fat being trimmed over the next couple months when they are back on the road and they’re not utilising 300 wrestlers just to keep them in a job.

Very much looking forward to the first back to normal dynamite tomorrow

Not sure about trimming fat when they have that new show Rampage next month. They could definitely get rid of some people and sign some of the Dark/Elevation people to replace them though. I'd like to see Danny Limelight get signed off the top of my head.

I didn't even think about the fact it's their first road show, should be great.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2021, 4:21 PM
Not sure about trimming fat when they have that new show Rampage next month. They could definitely get rid of some people and sign some of the Dark/Elevation people to replace them though. I'd like to see Danny Limelight get signed off the top of my head.

Have they announced the full card yet? Trying to find some info especially if it's going to be a great card.

Slare
July 7th, 2021, 7:14 AM

Oh for sure - I just mean in terms of tightening things up and likely highlighting more of the same people rather than the huge number of Indy names/jobbers on dark etc

The wierd issue they have is having such a stacked roster of guys that can conceivably main event, but you can only truly highlight 10/12 people at that level each week. Off the top of my head guys like PAC, Christian, Archer, Mox (parental leave of course), Cody, Sting, Darby etc are all “main event” level but just bubbling under the surface. It’s a good issue to have I suppose.

Really looking forward to tonight’s show, announced card so far looks really strong and will be brilliant to see a “normal” show again.

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 7:42 AM
Fucking Fuego hitting the TDDT AND getting a win is the perfect little close out to the pandemic era Darks. What a ride it’s been and Fuego worked his ass off. I hope he gets a contract at some point, but I think he’s gonna make a killing on the indies over the next year before that happens.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 1:46 PM
Why does it feel like we never see FTR wrestle? I'm looking at their match record and damn they have not wrestled very often this year. It looks like maybe twice a month we see them on either Dynamite or Dark. About 13 matches in 7 months. I thought maybe one of them were hurt as they've both had serious injuries in the last few years.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 3:56 PM
Probably because they’re tied up and background players in a stable feud so they haven’t wrestled many other teams for months.

Also with the Bucks being heel champs, kinda neuters them a bit there too with no face champs to challenge.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 4:32 PM
Probably because they’re tied up and background players in a stable feud so they haven’t wrestled many other teams for months.

Also with the Bucks being heel champs, kinda neuters them a bit there too with no face champs to challenge.

It's unfortunate. I just like watching them work. They're good against anyone.

Who the champs are has nothing to do with who FTR could be wrestling. They have face tag-teams. Unless the idea is that AEW will only book tag-team matches involving the tag-team champions. Dark seems to have quite a bit of face/heel teams and I think FTR has wrestled a couple times on Dark.

Maybe the 4th show Rampage will open up more and we'll get a little more variety. FTR v. Proud and Powerful will be dope. I'm team FTR, I assume you're team Proud but FTR is easily the best team in wrestling today-shit the last 10 years nobody has impressed me more on the tag scene than FTR.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 4:38 PM
It's unfortunate. I just like watching them work. They're good against anyone.

Who the champs are has nothing to do with who FTR could be wrestling. They have face tag-teams. Unless the idea is that AEW will only book tag-team matches involving the tag-team champions. Dark seems to have quite a bit of face/heel teams and I think FTR has wrestled a couple times on Dark.

Maybe the 4th show Rampage will open up more and we'll get a little more variety. FTR v. Proud and Powerful will be dope. I'm team FTR, I assume you're team Proud but FTR is easily the best team in wrestling today-shit the last 10 years nobody has impressed me more on the tag scene than FTR.

I’m not too fussed about it tbh. True they could flex their tag muscle a bit against other Dark tag teams in the interim but Proud/Powerful haven’t done that many tag matches since the stable feud either so adds a bit of intrigue when it does happen.

When the Bucks lose the straps that’ll open up things a bit for both teams too.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 4:41 PM
Hopefully they'll be gone from AEW by then. I'm just not feeling their role at all. I think if it were just MJF and FTR with Tully there for whatever purpose he's serving, I'd be more interested. I'm just not a fan of the stable stuff. It leads to top tier talent who left one company for not being used properly to showing up in another where not only are they not being used properly, they're barely even used beyond playing pass the mic for a 10 minute repeat segment.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 4:55 PM
Hopefully they'll be gone from AEW by then. I'm just not feeling their role at all. I think if it were just MJF and FTR with Tully there for whatever purpose he's serving, I'd be more interested. I'm just not a fan of the stable stuff. It leads to top tier talent who left one company for not being used properly to showing up in another where not only are they not being used properly, they're barely even used beyond playing pass the mic for a 10 minute repeat segment.

You seem to just not like stables do you lol.

This storyline will likely blow over quite shortly, that’s why they’re having the MJF/Jericho last match ever I think. Personally I think it’s been a fun distraction and the tag division hasn’t really suffered and given other teams even if they’re makeshift to shine. It’s not all been bad and enjoyed parts. Sammy no doubt will get a big singles push soon plus the Hager/Wardlow stuff has been good.

FTR will be fine and also enjoyed the Konnan/Tully banter.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 5:20 PM
You seem to just not like stables do you lol.

This storyline will likely blow over quite shortly, that’s why they’re having the MJF/Jericho last match ever I think. Personally I think it’s been a fun distraction and the tag division hasn’t really suffered and given other teams even if they’re makeshift to shine. It’s not all been bad and enjoyed parts. Sammy no doubt will get a big singles push soon plus the Hager/Wardlow stuff has been good.

FTR will be fine and also enjoyed the Konnan/Tully banter.

I like stables, I just don't like 100 of them in one promotion. Everyone doesn't need to be in a stable but that's not something that takes me out of the entire product considering I love watching New Japan. I just don't like seeing people I'm a big mark for suffer playing background characters and not performing.

The tag division has suffered ever since Omega and Page won the titles from SCU and then the nothing run FTR had just so the EVP's could avoid jobbing to each other.

I wouldn't call that Konnan/Tully segment "banter", that was K-Dawg destroying a guy who was never good on the mic to begin with. It was like Lesnar v. James Ellsworth in an MMA fight.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 5:27 PM
I like stables, I just don't like 100 of them in one promotion. Everyone doesn't need to be in a stable but that's not something that takes me out of the entire product considering I love watching New Japan. I just don't like seeing people I'm a big mark for suffer playing background characters and not performing.

The tag division has suffered ever since Omega and Page won the titles from SCU and then the nothing run FTR had just so the EVP's could avoid jobbing to each other.

I wouldn't call that Konnan/Tully segment "banter", that was K-Dawg destroying a guy who was never good on the mic to begin with. It was like Lesnar v. James Ellsworth in an MMA fight.

I don’t think it’s suffered as I loved Omega/Page’s tag run and the tag matches were fantastic plus it’s history to call back to when they have their big singles rematch. Of course that won’t matter because you hate Dark Order and you’re so hung up on Page winning clean clean squeaky clean on the first match? Personally don’t give a shit if it’s fucking muddy with Page beating him at his own game.

K-Dawg got the better of the words but Tully being the slimy heel outsmarted him in the end. Puts them both over and builds heat for the tag match.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 9:15 PM
Tommy fucking End

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 9:16 PM
I was hoping the lights out would lead to this.

Yesss.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 9:18 PM
I was excited until it hit me that he's going to be jobbing to Cody in about 2 weeks clean like a bitch.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 9:19 PM
I'll do a ban bet with you that that doesn't happen.

kdestiny
July 7th, 2021, 9:20 PM
Tommy fucking End

Good on him, should thrive there.

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 9:21 PM
Tommy fucking End

Malachi Black, motherfucker.

Makes sense why he posted that video earlier today. Dude is gonna be a bit of a split personality, I guess.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 9:21 PM
Apparently going by Malaki Black. They should have really had that straight before calling him Tommy End.

See I can say bad things about AEW.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 9:23 PM
It definitely hasn't been 90 days so I guess he got his waived or something.,thats awesome.

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 9:23 PM
Apparently going by Malaki Black. They should have really had that straight before calling him Tommy End.

See I can say bad things about AEW.

from what I can tell, he’ll be both. Tommy End the good guy, Malachi Black the demon within.

Badger
July 7th, 2021, 9:25 PM
What a weird coincidence. Charlotte and Andrade in competing promotions then this with Zelina recently returning to WWE.

kdestiny
July 7th, 2021, 9:25 PM
Malachi Black, motherfucker.

Makes sense why he posted that video earlier today. Dude is gonna be a bit of a split personality, I guess.

I'm really into that

Hero!
July 7th, 2021, 9:26 PM
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRB9ln2hyUu/?utm_medium=copy_link

for anyone who hadn’t seen the video yet

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 9:56 PM
I'll do a ban bet with you that that doesn't happen.

I'd rather do a ban bet for something of worth than me being a dick about how they book most people against Cody Rhodes. The last guy who actually got over on Cody unfortunately died 2 months later.

Cynical can pay the bills.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 9:57 PM
It is kind of funny when he's telling NXT wrestlers "don't go Raw/SD it's too crowded" yet goes to a company where everyone has to wait 2 months to wrestle due to having 100 wrestlers on the roster clogging up 1 show.

@Bert (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=16800) Can we add him to the growing list of WWE wrestlers that AEW have signed or does this not count because reasons?

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 10:12 PM
He counts as WWE because he was a mainstay on NXT and Raw. Tay Conti I still don't count. Never saw a single NXT match. How many did she even have there?

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 10:26 PM
He counts as WWE because he was a mainstay on NXT and Raw. Tay Conti I still don't count. Never saw a single NXT match. How many did she even have there?

37 recorded in NXT. I don't think they keep track of every single house show for NXT though. Move the goal posts as much as you want dude, she was a former WWE talent that was on tv that wound up in AEW like many, many others. To their credit I had never heard of Marko Stunt until AEW was a thing.

BGMaverick
July 7th, 2021, 10:30 PM
It definitely hasn't been 90 days so I guess he got his waived or something.,thats awesome.

Lol...
Per PWInsider.com, back when Tommy End was moved to the main WWE roster several years ago, the company failed to update his contract from the standard 30 day non-compete that NXT level talents receive to the 90 day non-compete that main roster performers are given. So, what can only be described as a bad clerical error allowed End to be free and clear in time for the first episode of AEW Dynamite on the road and surprise everyone.

BGMaverick
July 7th, 2021, 10:31 PM

She would barely count, if I was an arbiter.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2021, 10:51 PM
All Ex WWE

JuveLeo
July 7th, 2021, 10:53 PM
J.R. just butchering everyone's name hahaha. Do they not inform him who these guys are orrrr? Excalibur is constantly reminding or correcting him every week lol.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 10:53 PM
37 recorded in NXT. I don't think they keep track of every single house show for NXT though. Move the goal posts as much as you want dude, she was a former WWE talent that was on tv that wound up in AEW like many, many others. To their credit I had never heard of Marko Stunt until AEW was a thing.

Lol at you saying I'm moving goal posts when your original post was saying most of the wrestlers from AEW were in WWE.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 10:55 PM
We counting Colt Cabana as a wwe guy too? I guess everyone that was ever an enhancement talent is just a wwe guy/girl. Sorry Britt Baker, you had one match with Nia Jax, you're WWE now.

JuveLeo
July 7th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Man, Dan Lambert from American Top Team was pretty impressive on the mic. Definitely was not expecting that.

Bert
July 7th, 2021, 11:27 PM
Hero smartened me up, apparently he did stuff with Impact and is in MLW with King Mo.

VHS
July 8th, 2021, 2:15 AM
Malachi Black isn't an ex WWE wrestler because he never wrestled with that name before.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 2:38 AM
The black guy in that video, Is that a call back to something in WWE? I feel like I recognise him :lol:

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 4:17 AM
Josiah Williams

Slare
July 8th, 2021, 5:05 AM
I honestly couldnt give a fuck if someone did or didnt wrestle in WWE or NXT before coming to AEW. I'm watching them on AEW - if they are entertaining and add to the product then it makes literally zero difference to me. Some have come over and flourished like Conti, Brodie, Revival etc and some haven't as much. Cool. It's not about what you've done - it's about what you're doing.

Also - the whole argument of people not getting on shows and waiting weeks to wrestle etc - GOOD! One of WWE's main issues is that the top stars are constantly overexposed. How many repeat matches, same people constantly, same pairings etc do you get? How many times have we watched the exact same matches etc over and over?

I really like how AEW cycle people in and out. Hardy and Christian in a match next week? Cool, dont need them on this weeks show, just a little reminder its coming. Fresh. Mox needs a few weeks off? Nice one, cycle him out, build to his return, its special. You dont need every star wrestling every week. Look at the UFC/Boxing model.

Anyway, just watching Dynamite now so sharing some thoughts as we go.

Haven't been loving the Cody/Marshall stuff but I get that the casual fan absolutely gobbles up Cody and he knows exactly what he's playing to. Really enjoyed the strap match. Simple, definitive finish, well booked.

The Kenny/Hangman thing was exactly what it needed to be, test the live crowd and see how much they want it (they really, really do by the sounds of it) - but not give anything else away. Perfect little tease.

Darby/Ethan sit down - presenting that match like a proper big deal, good promo, good background and story, looking forward to the Coffin match.

Trios match was fine for what it was - i get a semi every time Hager and Wardlow start going at it and am very much looking forward to the eventual blow off between them.

Jericho/MJF was fairly short, sweet, to the point and got Jericho and MJF in front of a crowd with a mic which is all you can really ask for.

Loved Britts promo and her Suadi Arabia line haha

Andrade debut was solid - the Vickie stuff is what it is, reckon they'll drop it pretty soon. Andrade looks gigantic.

The Black debut was everything the Andrade initial debut wasnt. Quick, shocking, impactful. Lovely stuff and liked how it tied in with his Instagram video posted earlier in the day.

Orange and Alien mixed tag was good fun, nice bit of action to break up a bunch of promo sections and the crowd love OC.

Main event was a decent street fight brawl, nothing mind-blowing for me, loved the bucks street fight attire.

Really enjoyable show with a few big moments and nothing really weak throughout, more of a set up show for upcoming weeks and the next few Fyter Fest shows are absolutely stacked. Just some good pro wrestling that flew in over two hours.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 7:11 AM
Josiah Williams

:yes:

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 8:03 AM
BTW whoever that cunt was holding up a Persona 5 sucks sign can get fucked :mad:

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 9:09 AM
We counting Colt Cabana as a wwe guy too? I guess everyone that was ever an enhancement talent is just a wwe guy/girl. Sorry Britt Baker, you had one match with Nia Jax, you're WWE now.

This is why you're a mark.

Bert
July 8th, 2021, 9:31 AM
Following your line of logic makes me a mark, cool.

I am a mark for Tommy End/Malaki Black, that's for damn sure. Haven't been this excited since Moxley made his debut.

Slare
July 8th, 2021, 9:36 AM
Don't know what ND was giving you abuse about - but enjoy what you want to enjoy Bert. You don't have to justify enjoying something to anyone. Was a really fun debut!

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 9:37 AM
Following your line of logic makes me a mark, cool.

I am a mark for Tommy End/Malaki Black, that's for damn sure. Haven't been this excited since Moxley made his debut.

I would've been more excited if it wasn't Cody he attacked. Why is Cody a babyface? Plus I don't really like that Black is basically just his WWE self. I was hoping for something for original but I'll take what I can get. I'm a big fan, I'm also a fan of Andrade so if we're going to put people in stables they should do Andrade, Black, Nia Rose, and then Vickie as the manager. The trios titles would look fucking sweet in that stable.

Bert
July 8th, 2021, 9:41 AM
I would've been more excited if it wasn't Cody he attacked. Why is Cody a babyface? Plus I don't really like that Black is basically just his WWE self. I was hoping for something for original but I'll take what I can get. I'm a big fan, I'm also a fan of Andrade so if we're going to put people in stables they should do Andrade, Black, Nia Rose, and then Vickie as the manager. The trios titles would look fucking sweet in that stable.

Did you watch the instagram video? He's playing it like he's been in an insane asylum and WWE wasn't real. They say "Matthew" (Murphy) was another patient there that hurt his eye. He's also seemingly doing a split personality thing, so it doesn't seem like he's basically doing his WWE character to me.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 9:45 AM
Did you watch the instagram video? He's playing it like he's been in an insane asylum and WWE wasn't real. They say "Matthew" (Murphy) was another patient there that hurt his eye. He's also seemingly doing a split personality thing, so it doesn't seem like he's basically doing his WWE character to me.

I did so in a way I guess it's "original" but I still found all the references to WWE including the last name, the fucked up eye, the way he was dressed....Again, I'll take what I can get but I don't really like when these cats from WWE come over to a company and are still stuck in that gimmick. Blame growing up in the early 90's with gimmicks like Guardian Angel, Avalance, Brutus the Butcher, all that whack WCW shit where WWF guys came over and they just tweeked what Vince already had on his tv a few months prior.

Although it's definitely not as bad as Fake Diesel and Razor lol. At least Goldust didn't show up as Black Reign 2.0

Donald
July 8th, 2021, 10:03 AM
There's gonna be a hell of a lot of unemployed wrestling talent when AEW folds by 2025.

Bert
July 8th, 2021, 10:15 AM
I think they will just have more WWE people by 2025 after Vince sells to Peacock, but I don't get it are people just not supposed to work after WWE? Should they all retire and Liv on a farm like Bo Dallas?

Would anyone make a big deal about people going to a different company in any other industry? I blame TNAs misuse of people.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 10:33 AM
I think they will just have more WWE people by 2025 after Vince sells to Peacock, but I don't get it are people just not supposed to work after WWE? Should they all retire and Liv on a farm like Bo Dallas?

Would anyone make a big deal about people going to a different company in any other industry? I blame TNAs misuse of people.

We're not talking about any other industry and if we were, we could probably find a group like us bitching about similar situations. Some fan of NBC is pissed a show was cancelled and the lead actor went to CBS. Fuck if I know, I spend too much time caring about pro wrestling to care about "any other industry".

I've said from the jump it's going to be almost impossible to find a wrestler who's been on tv that wasn't in WWE over the last 20 years.

I also think there are people who are stuck on the comments from Tony Khan and others where they said they weren't just going to be a TNA-WCW type where they hire a bunch of former WWE talent. Yet they are. I'm not negative about it but I think fans need to stop making excuses. On both sides.

I'm not negative Black is here one bit, I'm only negative with the fact everything was already fucked for him. Botched blackout, botched black mass to Arn, but it's day one. First impressions means a lot but we probably won't see him for another month anyway.

Donald
July 8th, 2021, 10:34 AM
At least the Black Mass to Arn was closer than the one to Lars Sullivan.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 11:02 AM
At least the Black Mass to Arn was closer than the one to Lars Sullivan.

He probably didn't want to Goldberg the old man and put him in a wheelchair due to the nerve damage Arn already suffers from. I'm still not comfortable with Konnan taking that spike piledriver so I'm glad Black pulled back on ending Arn's life.

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 11:21 AM
There's gonna be a hell of a lot of unemployed wrestling talent when AEW folds by 2025.

what’s the point of this?

Donald
July 8th, 2021, 11:23 AM
what’s the point of this?

No point, I'm an idiot.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Hero hasn't been the same since Trump lost.
Bert you wanted a bet here's one: If AEW are still around by the end of 2025, in any capacity-even TNA level-I'll never post here again.

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 11:38 AM

This has literally nothing to do with my question to Donald. Stop trolling.

Bert
July 8th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Bert you wanted a bet here's one: If AEW are still around by the end of 2025, in any capacity-even TNA level-I'll never post here again.

Ok. Not sure I'll even be posting here in 4 years, but sure.

PurePlayer
July 8th, 2021, 11:40 AM
@Bert (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=16800) you wanted a bet here's one: If AEW are still around by the end of 2025, in any capacity-even TNA level-I'll never post here again.

it's more likely WWE sells the company than it is for AEW to go out of business.

AEW is having the more exciting and fun shows than WWE is right now. I don't think there's any arguing that.

PurePlayer
July 8th, 2021, 11:48 AM
I did so in a way I guess it's "original" but I still found all the references to WWE including the last name, the fucked up eye, the way he was dressed....Again, I'll take what I can get but I don't really like when these cats from WWE come over to a company and are still stuck in that gimmick. Blame growing up in the early 90's with gimmicks like Guardian Angel, Avalance, Brutus the Butcher, all that whack WCW shit where WWF guys came over and they just tweeked what Vince already had on his tv a few months prior.

Although it's definitely not as bad as Fake Diesel and Razor lol. At least Goldust didn't show up as Black Reign 2.0

Depends on who the wrestler is. I thought the Black character was great. I don't see a reason to change it too much. Hall and Nash didn't change much with their characters when they jumped to WCW. Was Brutus or Earthquake really going to do anything of relevance in WCW with any gimmick in the mid 90s? Their run was basically over by that time.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 12:00 PM
it's more likely WWE sells the company than it is for AEW to go out of business.

AEW is having the more exciting and fun shows than WWE is right now. I don't think there's any arguing that.

Is Tony Khan rich or is his Dad? Or both? :lol:

I honestly have no idea, They both have their fingers in the same pies.

PurePlayer
July 8th, 2021, 12:05 PM

I guess it's kind of like asking if Shane and Stephanie are rich.

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 12:17 PM

TK said in a interview a while back that his dad agreed to fund AEW because he was leaving his fortune to Tony and his sister anyway, so Tony might as well blow a few million now.

BGMaverick
July 8th, 2021, 12:24 PM
This has literally nothing to do with my question to Donald. Stop trolling.

Can't stop, won't stop.

Sasori
July 8th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Just want to say how surprisingly good that mixed tag was. Usually these are underwhelming, but it overdelivered. The crowd was on fire for OC which made it even better.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 1:15 PM
Depends on who the wrestler is. I thought the Black character was great. I don't see a reason to change it too much. Hall and Nash didn't change much with their characters when they jumped to WCW. Was Brutus or Earthquake really going to do anything of relevance in WCW with any gimmick in the mid 90s? Their run was basically over by that time.

Hall and Nash are somewhat poor examples in comparison though. Hall didn't still try to pretend he was a poor Cuban from the streets of Miami that made it rich. Diesel wasn't really a character so yeah it was just Nash being Nash.

Black is a full blown gimmick. That's why I used specific examples of gimmick wrestlers like Big Bossman, Earthquake, and Brutus the Barber. Those are just a couple examples. AEW at least isn't trying to pretend someone is the son of Andre the Giant.

The fact is, Black didn't really have a character until recently. He was just a guy into black metal and gothic shit. But then he started doing the whole "I'm the devil but I don't remember that I'm the devil" Reminded me of that show Castle Rock (w/o spoiling the connection let's just say there's a character who follows a similar path).

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 1:18 PM
Just want to say how surprisingly good that mixed tag was. Usually these are underwhelming, but it overdelivered. The crowd was on fire for OC which made it even better.

Best match of the night imo. There's more to matches than cramming 700 spots that nobody sells (see the tag title match). OC is just a loveable talent, the modern day Daniel Bryan WM 30 type talent.

Matthew
July 8th, 2021, 1:21 PM
Man, Dan Lambert from American Top Team was pretty impressive on the mic. Definitely was not expecting that.
he's legit. took a hell of a forearm. he cut a pretty good promo in TNA as well. he loves heeling it up.

https://youtu.be/bq820W3YdRI

mth
July 8th, 2021, 1:34 PM
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRB9ln2hyUu/?utm_medium=copy_link

for anyone who hadn’t seen the video yet

That was dope as hell. Just watched the debut, nicely done. I'll admit I was hoping Black would follow Zelina back to WWE as I'm not an AEW viewer but with Andrade and now Black there, two of my favorites, I'll certainly be paying more attention. Hopefully Black mows through Cody.

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 1:47 PM
Cody is gonna beat him with the power of god and anime on his

https://youtu.be/Tlwda9S58Lg

for anyone who doesn't get my reference.

Tainted Eclipse
July 8th, 2021, 2:05 PM
cody needs a heel turn bad. and a break. i'd like to see him get taken out by black, be out until after all out, then return, have a big heel turn, and be page's first heel challenger for the title.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 2:11 PM
cody needs a heel turn bad. and a break. i'd like to see him get taken out by black, be out until after all out, then return, have a big heel turn, and be page's first heel challenger for the title.

Write this down. I agree with everything you just said. Cody screams heel, he's been a heel since he tatted his neck like a tool but it's just gotten worse and worse with his lame virtue signaling, coming off like a psychotic Homelander. He named his kid LIBERTY. That's ultra heel.

He should've turned when he was having those moments with Arn and using the figure 4 like a madman. Cody as the top heel in AEW would be the best move they've made to date.

PurePlayer
July 8th, 2021, 2:20 PM
I am all for Cody losing to Black at the next ppv and taking time off. Then coming back as a heel. Because of the heel turn, he can go back on his word of challenging for the world title

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 2:29 PM
If cody isn't taking a break after becoming a father I dunno when he would.

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 2:47 PM
Only once he’s truly ended racism

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 2:48 PM
“Malachi BLACK? My wife and daughter are BLACK….”

boom, crossrhodes, crotch-chop suck my dick, 123 Cody wins.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2021, 2:49 PM
Ha, That was some cringe shit. I like Cody but sometimes man :lol:

Hero!
July 8th, 2021, 3:06 PM
Cody is like my favorite performer in wrestling, he’s just so absurd.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2021, 3:18 PM
I am all for Cody losing to Black at the next ppv and taking time off. Then coming back as a heel. Because of the heel turn, he can go back on his word of challenging for the world title

Yep. Easy way out. Then he can turn back to being babyface down the road.

Slare
July 9th, 2021, 7:20 AM
Cody is like my favorite performer in wrestling, he’s just so absurd.

I kind of dont get all the hate on him. He's very clearly playing mega 80s passionate babyface just now which people on message boards etc will laugh at and call hokey - but casuals very clearly absolutely lap it up and he is very beloved.

He knows what hes doing - he does sports entertainment emotional pro wrestling matches very well (Dustin match, Strap match on Wed to a lesser extent) and is very cross-promotable. Not really been up on my internet wrestling/twitter etc and was shocked at how hated he is by certain pockets.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 9:05 AM
I love how matter of fact Slare is. "Casuals VERY CLEARLY ABSOLUTELY lap it up and he is very beloved" What casuals watch wrestling, especially AEW?

Slare
July 9th, 2021, 10:26 AM
god bless the ignore function.

Hero!
July 9th, 2021, 10:27 AM
I kind of dont get all the hate on him. He's very clearly playing mega 80s passionate babyface just now which people on message boards etc will laugh at and call hokey - but casuals very clearly absolutely lap it up and he is very beloved.

He knows what hes doing - he does sports entertainment emotional pro wrestling matches very well (Dustin match, Strap match on Wed to a lesser extent) and is very cross-promotable. Not really been up on my internet wrestling/twitter etc and was shocked at how hated he is by certain pockets.

cody is the hokeyness we need in pro wrestling. Too many people have a gimmick of either “Grrr im a real
shoot fighter”, “I’m an evil dark spooky guy”, or “I’m myself turned up to 11!”

Cody comes out and he’s just like AMERICA and CIGARS and he’s gonna REDWHITEANDBLUE WHOOP YOU. It’s the kind of shlock that a guy like Cena did so great and I love it.

Slare
July 9th, 2021, 10:33 AM
cody is the hokeyness we need in pro wrestling. Too many people have a gimmick of either “Grrr im a real
shoot fighter”, “I’m an evil dark spooky guy”, or “I’m myself turned up to 11!”

Cody comes out and he’s just like AMERICA and CIGARS and he’s gonna REDWHITEANDBLUE WHOOP YOU. It’s the kind of shlock that a guy like Cena did so great and I love it.

Yeah exactly - its total nonsense but the crowds buy into it like crazy and he still gets some of the biggest reactions on the show. I love it.

I think (and this might just be me) that we currently have a generation of a LOT of guys who are desperate to legitimise pro wrestling so its very "look im so real and legit and i do MMA an i have all this lore' and they all just kinda mesh into one. Cody has peroxide hair and wears sparkles and has an operatic intro theme to his actual theme. Thats pro wrestling.

Hero!
July 9th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Yeah exactly - its total nonsense but the crowds buy into it like crazy and he still gets some of the biggest reactions on the show. I love it.

I think (and this might just be me) that we currently have a generation of a LOT of guys who are desperate to legitimise pro wrestling so its very "look im so real and legit and i do MMA an i have all this lore' and they all just kinda mesh into one. Cody has peroxide hair and wears sparkles and has an operatic intro theme to his actual theme. Thats pro wrestling.

Yupp. How many people in AEW and wwe cut the same promos about “I’m so tough I can beat up everyone real good” or go the shoot promo route “the Booker isn’t booking me right!”

Cody is over the top and has the big pyro and I miss when he would come out with like 30 people.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Loves the ignore function yet as literally talked about me and responded to me every day since I was supposedly put on ignore...That must be a thing with the older posts on Rajah because it's a common theme.

Shout to Andrade rocking the Black Mask look. I'm not sure WHY he went with that look but it was pretty fresh.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Chicago shows? I had 2 options: Go see RA the Rugged Man for $20 at some shit venue in August here or put a little more loot aside and get a few tickets for the 9/3 Chicago show for AEW. AEW here we come bitch.

Donald
July 9th, 2021, 12:24 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Chicago shows? I had 2 options: Go see RA the Rugged Man for $20 at some shit venue in August here or put a little more loot aside and get a few tickets for the 9/3 Chicago show for AEW. AEW here we come bitch.

No

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 12:26 PM
No

No as in yes?

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Donald It's obviously crystal clear like the a lake before mankind polluted the planet that Braun Strowman is destined to debut in AEW on 9/3

Donald
July 9th, 2021, 12:57 PM
I jumped off the Strowman Express long ago.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 1:15 PM
I jumped off the Strowman Express long ago.

Was that before or after they literally turned him into the Strowman Express? CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOO

Donald
July 9th, 2021, 1:18 PM
Was that before or after they literally turned him into the Strowman Express? CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOO

I liked the entrance, with the smoke and everything, but when they started making train noises when he ran around the ring was dumb.

But this is the AEW thread, and I think we should be talking about that.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 2:19 PM
I liked the entrance, with the smoke and everything, but when they started making train noises when he ran around the ring was dumb.

But this is the AEW thread, and I think we should be talking about that.

I'm just getting a headstart for when we talk about Brian Strowman debuting when I'm in Chi-town.

Bert
July 9th, 2021, 3:46 PM
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/07/09/scalpers-sell-aew-all-out-tickets-for-huge-money-after-sell-out/
I expect this same thing to happen for the STL show. Mazer MTR

Mazer
July 9th, 2021, 3:48 PM
I'm hoping to get my schedule locked in this week.

Looks good

MTR
July 9th, 2021, 3:58 PM
Someone is going to probably need to volunteer to put tickets on a credit card or something the day they go on sale and we all pay that person back.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2021, 5:17 PM
The one nice thing about doing music all these years is that I've made so many connections. We go hard at the Chicago shows no matter if it's WWE, AEW.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2021, 5:53 PM
Someone is going to probably need to volunteer to put tickets on a credit card or something the day they go on sale and we all pay that person back.

Can I get flights with that :shifty:

Supernovametalstar
July 9th, 2021, 5:56 PM
Write this down. I agree with everything you just said. Cody screams heel, he's been a heel since he tatted his neck like a tool but it's just gotten worse and worse with his lame virtue signaling, coming off like a psychotic Homelander. He named his kid LIBERTY. That's ultra heel.

He should've turned when he was having those moments with Arn and using the figure 4 like a madman. Cody as the top heel in AEW would be the best move they've made to date.

That's who he reminds me of! Makes perfect sense. Also, given how our fan perspective of how Tommy End/Malakai Black was treated by WWE (and that reaction last episode) it's highly unlikely you can have him be a heel. He'd get cheered too much. And if Cody were to come out on top after a brief feud, it'd just make people more done with Cody. One more thing, was the first black out supposed to have not happened? After the second one I figured the first one was to connect the dots that Malakai was going to be going after anyone associated with Cody.

Hero!
July 9th, 2021, 6:12 PM
The first one was a fakeout so you wouldnt expect Black the second time. They even mentioned rolling brownouts due to the storm in the area

Nash Diesel
July 11th, 2021, 2:02 PM
lol. Yeah just like it was dumb of TK to hire professionals instead of Onita to rig the exploding death match. When will the apologists give it a rest and just admit that yes, AEW fucks up. There's an excuse for literally everything. Someone botches, oh that was part of the storyline because after it happened they made it part of the storyline lol.

Hero is literally living to his name. Should put "AEW's" in front of it.

I used to joke about how I thought you were Triple H or Stephanie's relative because you did have some crazy reveals years ago like, how the fuck did nobody know about this?? Things that nobody would ever come up with happened that you knew about. Now I know who your REAL father is, the biggest AEW apologist of them all.

Nash Diesel
July 11th, 2021, 2:10 PM
That's who he reminds me of! Makes perfect sense. Also, given how our fan perspective of how Tommy End/Malakai Black was treated by WWE (and that reaction last episode) it's highly unlikely you can have him be a heel. He'd get cheered too much. And if Cody were to come out on top after a brief feud, it'd just make people more done with Cody. One more thing, was the first black out supposed to have not happened? After the second one I figured the first one was to connect the dots that Malakai was going to be going after anyone associated with Cody.

The funny thing is that he went out of his way to speak positively about his time in WWE, about Vince, Triple H, etc. Calling WWE an asylum or whatever it was on his IG video was a little weird to me. I also respect that these wrestlers are smart and know the few fans who still watch wrestling want there to be the real life drama.

It didn't seem like anyone was sour about him nailing Arn and Cody. Arn shouldn't be bumping at all but what do I know I'm just a dude with poor parents who played EWR in 2002.

I don't think the first blackout was a fakeout I just think it was a miscue but again, I don't have the inside scoop. The sky is the limit for a guy like Black outside of WWE because outside of WWE you don't really have to worry about much. The promoters are marks and WWE operate differently. I'm thankful that the WWE are finally cutting talent even if it's talent I'm a big fan of like Black, Strowman, etc. but they can't make everyone top tier superstars. They never have. WWF/E has always been about the brand. When the brand wasn't hot like in the early mid 90's and they didn't have the tv deals they have today, they almost went under. Let these cats go elsewhere, bring in newer talent, shit most of the time we see these guys come back anyway.

mth
July 11th, 2021, 6:39 PM
To clear things up: Black himself said the first blackout was a scipted fakeout and that the blackouts were his idea...

“I pitched that idea and said, ‘What if we do multiple blackouts throughout the show and insinuated the technical difficulties?’ Commentary did a great job getting that over and it came off great.”

I don't see the "WWE was an asylum" thing as a dig at his time there, it was more just about building the character and establishing that he doesn't have a firm grasp on reality and is delusional. The idea that his WWE career was entirely in his head isn't insulting WWE, it's making it clear he's mentally off-kilter.

Hero!
July 11th, 2021, 7:00 PM
Crazy how that be.

it’s ok to admit that you got worked if you didn’t believe the blackouts were intentional.

Nash Diesel
July 11th, 2021, 9:19 PM
To clear things up: Black himself said the first blackout was a scipted fakeout and that the blackouts were his idea...

I don't see the "WWE was an asylum" thing as a dig at his time there, it was more just about building the character and establishing that he doesn't have a firm grasp on reality and is delusional. The idea that his WWE career was entirely in his head isn't insulting WWE, it's making it clear he's mentally off-kilter.

It's a shame he felt he had to come out and clarify what happened.

If that's how you took calling WWE an asylum, sure. It's a glass half full approach and I respect that.

Crazy how that be.

it’s ok to admit that you got worked if you didn’t believe the blackouts were intentional.

I flat out said what I thought followed up by "but I don't have the inside scoop" .

Cool, Black came out and defended the blackout due to the overwhelming number of people who thought it was or could have been a fuck up. Yes Hero, even AEW fucks up. I don't care how many youtube channels they try to erase showing that to be true.

Bert
July 11th, 2021, 9:30 PM
:lol:

Nash Diesel never admits when he's wrong. More at 11.

Nash Diesel
July 11th, 2021, 10:34 PM
:lol:

Nash Diesel never admits when he's wrong. More at 11.

I didn't realize that my opinions were under the microscope around here lol.

It's obvious I was wrong, Black came out and clarified that it wasn't a miscue that it was intentional. I literally left room for changing my mind if I heard from someone in the know-which was Black.

Bert takes issue with minority's opinion, more at 11.

Hero!
July 11th, 2021, 10:45 PM
“Opinion”

You literally wrote one of your long ass rants calling me an AEW apologist for stating something that was already explained as having been intentional.

Then you get proved wrong and play the race card.

Snooooooooowflake.

VHS
July 11th, 2021, 10:49 PM
Nobody cares, ND. It's fine. We still think you're cool.

Nash Diesel
July 12th, 2021, 12:49 AM
“Opinion”

You literally wrote one of your long ass rants calling me an AEW apologist for stating something that was already explained as having been intentional.

Then you get proved wrong and play the race card.

Snooooooooowflake.

At my old age I've learned that usually the person constantly calling someone a snowflake is in fact the snowflake. Look how riled up you get when I mentioned anything remotely negative. You don't respond that way to anyone else but me. Bert shit on them, you say nothing. Trump 2024 I guess.

Race card. No, reality card.

You can come at me anytime I make a negative comment (among many many positives) about AEW, that's perfectly fine. Judging by the fact you always dip out of these conversations I think you should ease back on the snowflake talk.

Nobody cares, ND. It's fine. We still think you're cool.

Let me tell you something brother, apparently judging by the posts above they do care.

Hero!
July 12th, 2021, 9:56 AM
Just calling you the word you keep calling me, you weirdo.

you also keep going back to this Trump thing because you have nothing else. It’s ok, you got worked by a wrestling show. No need to get riled up. You can just say “sorry hero, I was wrong” or next time lead off with “hey hero do you have a source for that?” Instead of going on a rant about me being an AEW apologist. Your victim mentality is hilarious, as all you do is post nonstop long posts spewing garbage about people instead of just being an adult and admitting that you were wrong.

I don’t care what your next long-winded reply is. I don’t care if you mention Trump again. You keep bringing up all this off-topic nonsense.

Nash Diesel
July 12th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Speaking of Trump, I'll be honest, I'm a bigger fan of MJF working with Sammy than I am MJF working with Jericho. I was kind of hoping Jericho would pass the torch to Sammy by now but Sammy's still beating up poor Shawn Spears.

VHS
July 12th, 2021, 5:51 PM
I like Penta.

Hero!
July 12th, 2021, 5:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6HzvI6X0AMRVet.jpg

Hero!
July 12th, 2021, 6:01 PM
Finally!

Sasori
July 12th, 2021, 6:17 PM
I thought they were already signed, so good for them!

Hero!
July 12th, 2021, 6:18 PM
They were waiting for BPJ to get out of his MLW deal. So happy for both of them, they’ve really found their stride as a team. Looove the addition of Julia too.

Nash Diesel
July 12th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I fucking HAAAAAATE Lenny Lane 2021 but I love Pillman Jr. I'll be happy when Jr goes heel on Lane and gets the big push down the road. These tag-team blows so much ass it just screams "I'm a gimmick" If I'm AEW, I would've turned Pillman after they lost the tag title match.

Now...If TK coughs up the dough he should be coughing it to Dave Grohl and get us some Foo Fighters "My Hero" if they want to be the VB's. that's the missing piece of this weird tag-team.

VHS
July 12th, 2021, 10:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6HzvI6X0AMRVet.jpg

About time, hell yes. :yes:

Slare
July 13th, 2021, 7:48 AM
"the first blackout was a mistake by AEW"

"No it wasnt it was on purpose they literally said it was on purpose to throw the scent off"

"Wellit was just my opinion it was a fuck up and it must have been a fuck up for them to have to explain it wasnt, because they often fuck up"

Just some incredible, incredible mental gymnastics there. Well done

Nash Diesel
July 13th, 2021, 9:19 AM
Does anyone here watch the 3rd show with Paul Wight on commentary?

greebull
July 13th, 2021, 4:00 PM
Does anyone here watch the 3rd show with Paul Wight on commentary?

I do. Hard to pay attention to it all though. Too many matches.

Nash Diesel
July 13th, 2021, 4:09 PM
I do. Hard to pay attention to it all though. Too many matches.

Ah ok. See, that's why I don't really watch Dark. I will seek out some matches if I see on the ticker someone I like beat some random jabroni but they really feel like nothing matches.

Hero!
July 13th, 2021, 7:16 PM
It’s like old syndicated wrestling shows: just squashes and some small storylines. I enjoy the shows for what they are. The Wingmen are such a great group, I love them.

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2021, 8:39 PM
that malachi black/cody segment was phenomenal.

crowd being super hot for ricky starks was awesome too.

great episode so far

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 8:48 PM
Inject this shit directly into my veins

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2021, 8:53 PM
WOW, now that was a segment. felt like a peak monday night wars angle.

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 8:56 PM
It’s fake, pendejo

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2021, 8:58 PM
the non-wrestling segments are off the charts tonight

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 9:06 PM
This show is firing on all cylinders

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 9:22 PM
Holy shit another TNT title. Each variation fits the champion. That’s cool.

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2021, 9:30 PM
i like this wheeler yuta guy

JuveLeo
July 14th, 2021, 9:37 PM
Holy shit another TNT title. Each variation fits the champion. That’s cool.

The straps white?

JuveLeo
July 14th, 2021, 10:01 PM
That was a great main event match! Great spot at the end!

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2021, 10:04 PM
one of the best episodes they've done. i think the first hour was the best hour of dynamite in its history.

Bert
July 14th, 2021, 10:25 PM
Ricky Starks and Britt Baker should both be faces.

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 10:31 PM
The straps white?

Green paint with red too. Red, white, and green are the colors of the Bulgarian flag. White strap also fits the “redeemer” character.

Bert
July 14th, 2021, 10:32 PM
Miros new title is pretty fucking cool.

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 10:36 PM
The Cody/black segment was awesome
elite vs dark order segment was awesome
miro promo package was awesome
britt baker promo was awesome
Darby/ego was awesome
PNP picking on Tully was great
Andrade promo teasing stuff with death triangle was great
hardy/Christian was great
Mox/KA was great
yuta/Sammy was good

Really the only thing I didn’t care for was Penelope/Yuka sakazaki and honestly the crowd was HOT for it too

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 10:37 PM
https://i.redd.it/pxoqerunfab71.jpg

Hero!
July 14th, 2021, 10:37 PM
Bulgarian sideplates

Nash Diesel
July 14th, 2021, 10:56 PM
It's funny someone brought up this felt like a peak Nitro episode and I agree. I was just watching the Nitro after Starrcade 1997 and when watching tonight's Dynamite I started to have that same vibe. Almost like I was having an out of body experience because I was like, no way this is 2021.

Last week's episode left a little to be desire but this week was almost like they read my mind. What was missing the last several weeks definitely came through in this episode. Black-Cody. That's a feud that could carry the next generation of wrestling. I was very reluctant until tonight to accept what is to come of these 2.

Also, shout out to Tony Khan for finally giving us Matt Hardy v. Christian on a proper platform. I honestly don't remember them even teasing a feud back in the WWE days which always bothered me. IMHO, the better workers of their tag-teams. I actually thought they would team up as heels, pissed that they were considered possible Marty's but outshined Edge and Jeff.

I will say this....I just can't get into Rusev. I've tried and I just think John Cena killed anything I had for him inside 10 years ago. For me I'm waiting for Rusev to get over that loss, to get a win that matches what a clean win at Mania over John Cena would've been for him and right now it's just impossible to achieve. There's no one even remotely close to John Cena in any promotion over the last 15 years. That win over Rusev might have helped put the spotlight on Stardust and Sami Zayn but Rusev FEUDING with those guys would've been better. And the whole Jesus shit....I have to load a bowl to get back in the mood.

9.7/10 tonight. 0.3 loss due to Rusev Christ.

Slare
July 15th, 2021, 11:24 AM
That was the best single episode of a 2 hour weekly wrestling show I've watched since maybe 2000.

What a great show with an amazing crowd.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 11:37 AM
The crowd showed up last night. They really added that extra little bit that's been missing during the pandemic.

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 12:32 PM
I'm just going to say that last night we saw the best match Jon Moxley and Karl Anderson have had in singles.

My cousin Redenia was trying to get tickets to this show but she failed so we're going to try and see what we can about the Chicago shows.

PurePlayer
July 15th, 2021, 1:11 PM
loved the show. I actually feel like something new happens and not a chore to get through.

Black/Cody segment was my favorite. Hopefully Black gets booked like this moving forward. this is already better than anything WWE did with him.

Darby/Page was great too. Great spot at the end.

Cage vs Hardy was a lot better than expected. They had a wrestling match and the crowd was hot for it. The Jungle Boy tease was a nice touch. Is he turning or will Christian turn?

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 1:17 PM
loved the show. I actually feel like something new happens and not a chore to get through.

Black/Cody segment was my favorite. Hopefully Black gets booked like this moving forward. this is already better than anything WWE did with him.

Darby/Page was great too. Great spot at the end.

Cage vs Hardy was a lot better than expected. They had a wrestling match and the crowd was hot for it. The Jungle Boy tease was a nice touch. Is he turning or will Christian turn?

It'll probably be Christian but that is interesting about a possible Jungle Boy heel turn. I think he could pull it off he would just have to kill everything about him including that constant blank look on his face. In a perfect world he murks Marko Stunt and gets mega heat but in this world he kills Marko the crowd blows up so I'm hoping he does destroy Marko even if it doesn't lead to a true heel turn.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 2:21 PM
Do we have an AEW games thread? Elite GM just dropped in the google play and apple stores

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 2:22 PM
Do we have an AEW games thread? Elite GM just dropped in the google play and apple stores

There's a catch all for AEW thread but for some reason everything still winds up here.

Donald
July 15th, 2021, 2:53 PM
I liked that Aleister Black was in black and Cody Rhodes was in white. Evil vs. Good.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 2:59 PM
Black said last week that's intentional between them

mth
July 15th, 2021, 3:19 PM
There's a catch all for AEW thread but for some reason everything still winds up here.

I may as well merge them.

Bert
July 15th, 2021, 3:21 PM
I tried the Elite GM beta and it was fun for a while. Definitely had some bugs too so hopefully they've worked them out.

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 3:28 PM
Cody v. Black will be what people look back on 20 years from now as a top rivalry of AEW. If AEW can maintain longevity, wonderful.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 3:35 PM
I tried the Elite GM beta and it was fun for a while. Definitely had some bugs too so hopefully they've worked them out.

im gonna dick around with it later. looks fun. but we'll see.

Donald
July 15th, 2021, 3:42 PM
If AEW can maintain longevity, wonderful.

They won't. Hero! jk

Bert
July 15th, 2021, 3:52 PM
im gonna dick around with it later. looks fun. but we'll see.

It's pretty bare bones, hopefully they add some polish but I think it's just trying to compete with like EWR or whatever and not really other mobile games. I like the character art. There was some type of seemingly real time PVP in the beta where you book shows against someone else, I think it would work better asynchronous, words with friends style though.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 4:50 PM
Per Brandon Thurston:

AEW Dynamite last night on TNT was watched by 1,025,000 viewers on average and 518,000 (a 0.40 rating) among viewers aged 18-49.

Great number for a great show. Didn’t even have a single champion main event.

PurePlayer
July 15th, 2021, 5:30 PM
They won't. @Hero! (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=22093) jk

I know it was a joke but they have the better show out of the two companies.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 5:42 PM
AEW beat Raw in the demo. With nba finals on too. Wow.

Donald
July 15th, 2021, 5:44 PM

I think WWE is suffering without fans, I think with fans back their shows are going to slowly improve. AEW did a much better job with their shows during the pandemic.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 5:48 PM
Wwe wasn’t good with the fans either.

Morrison
July 15th, 2021, 5:58 PM
I think WWE is suffering without fans, I think with fans back their shows are going to slowly improve. AEW did a much better job with their shows during the pandemic.

lol

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 6:31 PM

NXT is more consistent than Dynamite but Dynamite has the bigger names. That's what's kind of impressive to me about NXT. They have arguably the best show on tv but the least name value.

I agree to an extent. AEW did a better job than Raw/SD in terms of incorporating the live crowd element with the wrestlers. NXT did the same and it was much easier on the eyes.

People can say what they want, the crowd matters.

Wwe wasn’t good with the fans either.

Hmm. That's an interesting take when IMO NXT is the best show going with or without fans. If Roman Reigns' storyline was happening on NXT instead of Smackdown it would be the best promotion in the world.

Donald
July 15th, 2021, 6:45 PM
lol

God forbid anyone have a different opinion than you. Grow the fuck up

Morrison
July 15th, 2021, 7:03 PM
God forbid anyone have a different opinion than you. Grow the fuck up

awww, call me a 'fucking retard' again, pwease. hahahaha

JuveLeo
July 15th, 2021, 7:34 PM
Per Brandon Thurston:

Great number for a great show. Didn’t even have a single champion main event.

Great to see Dynamite over a million again.

Fun fact, of the 4 times Dynamite has hit 1 million this year, Darby Allin has main evented 3 of them.

Hero!
July 15th, 2021, 7:37 PM
When Ethan page and Darby Allin fight, I truly believe that both men in that ring are trying to kill Darby Allin

Bert
July 15th, 2021, 8:06 PM
When Ethan page and Darby Allin fight, I truly believe that both men in that ring are trying to kill Darby Allin

His missile suicide dive scares me, he doesn't usually even do it in a way where someone would catch him.

Donald
July 15th, 2021, 9:02 PM
Noticed that Miro has only lost in a battle royal and tag match in AEW. Have they been building him up as undefeated in singles competition?

lol

VHS
July 15th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear the viewership numbers, holy frick. Will definitely catch this tomorrow.

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2021, 10:28 PM
Black and Moxley played a huge part imo. Especially Black.

Ringo
July 16th, 2021, 6:32 AM
Watched the last three shows to get back into the swing of things now that they've returned to the road with full crowds. Really enjoyable TV, this week's show being particularly terrific. The novelty of live crowds after so long adds so much but the booking is good too. They have a great roster with lots of over acts. Omega/Hangman, Inner Circle/Pinnacle, Cage/Starks, Miro/Everyone, Hardy/Christian, Mox/Archer, Page/Darby, Cody/Black... so much interesting stuff going on right now. It certainly FEELS like AEW is going to pick right back up where they left off before the pandemic limited them.

PurePlayer
July 16th, 2021, 10:56 AM
NXT is more consistent than Dynamite but Dynamite has the bigger names. That's what's kind of impressive to me about NXT. They have arguably the best show on tv but the least name value.

I agree to an extent. AEW did a better job than Raw/SD in terms of incorporating the live crowd element with the wrestlers. NXT did the same and it was much easier on the eyes.

I disagree with NXT being the better show. It just seems so robotic and bland. I think the arena it's in has something to do with it. AEW is more bright, vibrant and seems like anything can happen. Samoa Joe coming back is the best thing that could happen for NXT right now. Finn Balor not being there definitely hurts. I wonder if he's getting called to the main roster.

Nash Diesel
July 16th, 2021, 11:02 AM
I disagree with NXT being the better show. It just seems so robotic and bland. I think the arena it's in has something to do with it. AEW is more bright, vibrant and seems like anything can happen. Samoa Joe coming back is the best thing that could happen for NXT right now. Finn Balor not being there definitely hurts. I wonder if he's getting called to the main roster.

Mandy Rose is the best thing that could happen for NXT and you know it ;)

Sasori
July 16th, 2021, 2:17 PM
Is there only one AEW thread now?

Morrison
July 16th, 2021, 2:48 PM
Is there only one AEW thread now?

yeah, the dynamite and general AEW threads were merged.

Hero!
July 16th, 2021, 2:49 PM
Yeah mth merged them

Morrison
July 16th, 2021, 2:50 PM
I ALREADY ANSWERED HIS QUESTION DUDE.

Badger
July 16th, 2021, 2:57 PM
McDonald’s and Burger King together at last

Badger
July 16th, 2021, 3:05 PM
Enjoyed the last episode though, great atmosphere. That women’s match was the only slight letdown.

Good to see Moxley back. Only petty thing is I still prefer his “normal” theme but do get the callback and logic to using Wild Thing.

Love the Hangman/Omega story. Though someone may object to the “Dork Order” being involved, I still love the story.

Matt/Christian mixing it up was great.

Jericho going through the “labours” should be fun.

Darby/Page, I thought Sting would be the one to emerge from the coffin and Derby would “coffin drop” for the finisher but great match and glad they swerved it a bit.

Hero!
July 16th, 2021, 3:16 PM
I ALREADY ANSWERED HIS QUESTION DUDE.

kiss me you fucking bitch

Badger
July 16th, 2021, 3:20 PM
Don’t expect much passion, probably more like a Mafia kiss of death

Sasori
July 16th, 2021, 4:27 PM
yeah, the dynamite and general AEW threads were merged.

Yeah mth merged them

mth
July 16th, 2021, 4:49 PM
Oh hey everyone, just a heads up: I merged the AEW threads.

Tainted Eclipse
July 16th, 2021, 5:32 PM
His missile suicide dive scares me, he doesn't usually even do it in a way where someone would catch him.

darby allin's suicide dive is by far my favorite move in wrestling right now. a true thing of beauty.

Badger
July 16th, 2021, 5:38 PM
He’s mental. I keep watching his matches scared he’s going to do himself major harm.

He is fantastic but also wish and also think he’s capable of working a great match without going balls to the wall every single time.

Horatio
July 16th, 2021, 7:14 PM
It's kinda funny that Jon Moxley kinda sucks these days but he manages to draw blood on a bite to the face. Does that mean he's trying?

Morrison
July 16th, 2021, 8:01 PM
It's kinda funny that Jon Moxley kinda sucks these days but he manages to draw blood on a bite to the face. Does that mean he's trying?

who the hell are you watching if moxley 'sucks these days?'

Hero!
July 16th, 2021, 8:59 PM
Yeah, I’m confused. Mox is doing his best work.

Morrison
July 16th, 2021, 9:11 PM
i couldn't stand ambrose for a lot of his wwe solo run, tbh. knowing he was leaving and likely going to AEW was exciting, because of course it is, but i wasn't exactly AMPED for it. but then he did that promo vid for new japan and made his debut at double or nothing, and each time he popped up after that i was coming around more and more. loved his g1 run, and then dynamite hits and week over week he's just getting better, finding his groove and doing great shit. the comedy-tinged shit with jericho and the inner circle, his tough love mentor stuff with darby, the intense personal rivalry with kingston, the insanity of everything with omega, his tag team run with kingston; all very awesome. he feels like big shit compared to his wwe run, and totally spun me around on him.

Horatio
July 16th, 2021, 11:08 PM
for a while, Mox was really working hard. Saying he's doing his best stuff is really forgetting how good a tag worker he could be in the Shield and in those random matches against the Wyatts. He was always falling short of being a badass in a way that was Buster Keaton-esque and respectable until he put on a few pounds and bought into his own Piper gimmick. Body language has always been his specialty but he's all ego these days. He won't throw a proper forearm but he'll bite a hole in a dude's face? Is that good these days?

Morrison
July 16th, 2021, 11:43 PM
for a while, Mox was really working hard. Saying he's doing his best stuff is really forgetting how good a tag worker he could be in the Shield and in those random matches against the Wyatts. He was always falling short of being a badass in a way that was Buster Keaton-esque and respectable until he put on a few pounds and bought into his own Piper gimmick. Body language has always been his specialty but he's all ego these days. He won't throw a proper forearm but he'll bite a hole in a dude's face? Is that good these days?

it's always been good...

what the fuck are you even talking about.

Badger
July 17th, 2021, 12:03 AM
This does seem an extremely odd argument as although Moxley was a great Shield tag worker, he is allowed to be more himself and extremely over with the fans. Working with Japanese wrestlers too with their cross-promotion.

Also maybe I’ve not paid enough attention, but did he bite someone really bad one time as you know unless it’s Mike Tyson, biting out of desperation can really add to the scrappy “willing to do anything” to win mentality and seen it from others in hardcore matches.

Also ego argument doesn’t make much sense either. You want to progress and make the best of yourself, why not jump to another pond if they’re willing to pay big bucks if they give you a top spot.

He was obviously unhappy towards the end of WWE too so why the obligation to stay there?

Horatio
July 17th, 2021, 12:14 AM
He's not half as crafty as Piper was, he's not nearly as crazy as Funk was, and he's nearly as tight as Austin was, but he's obviously taking their mantlepiece and not doing anything to really deserve it. Nothing wrong with changing promotions, but his ego took over a long time ago. Why can't he maintain a good work ethic?

Badger
July 17th, 2021, 12:18 AM
He's not half as crafty as Piper was, he's not nearly as crazy as Funk was, and he's nearly as tight as Austin was, but he's obviously taking their mantlepiece and not doing anything to really deserve it. Nothing wrong with changing promotions, but his ego took over a long time ago. Why can't he maintain a good work ethic?

Are you nitpicking but what is wrong with the work ethic?

Dude works across the world across two promotions competing for titles but fatherhood has got in the way a bit. What you getting at?

Horatio
July 17th, 2021, 12:24 AM
He's sucked for years, like I said. Are you stoned?

Badger
July 17th, 2021, 12:25 AM
He's sucked for years, like I said. Are you stoned?

No but I think you may be because your reasoning is less than coherent.

Horatio
July 17th, 2021, 12:35 AM
Really? last time you said i was nitpicking, you were defending Kofi Kingston. Now it's Jon Moxley. Why can't you get out of your mainstream wrestling bubble? Work ethic has never meant a thing to you, Badge.

Biting a guy used to be known as cheap heat. Now, morrison says it's always been good.
Moxley does it as a babyface and draws blood and i'm supposed to be impressed?

Morrison
July 17th, 2021, 12:37 AM
Really? last time you said i was nitpicking, you were defending Kofi Kingston. Now it's Jon Moxley. Why can't you get out of your mainstream wrestling bubble? Work ethic has never meant a thing to you, Badge.

Biting a guy used to be known as cheap heat. Now, morrison says it's always been good.

you seem to be cracked in the head. whatever you seem to want wrestling to be sounds dumb.

Badger
July 17th, 2021, 12:39 AM

I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about bringing Kofi into this when he is nothing to do with this thread or promotion.

Horatio
July 17th, 2021, 12:46 AM
I can't be any more specific for you, Badger. You can read it again later and not be offended.

Morrison, what don't you like? Baron Corbin?