PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2K19

Donald
June 26th, 2018, 9:03 AM
https://cdn.2kgames.com/web/wwe.2k.com/images/wwe-2k19/fobs/2KSMKT_WWE2K19_STD_AG_3D_FOB_NR.png

Pre-Orders you get Rey Mysterio and another unannounced Superstar.

May look into getting the collector's edition.

OD50
June 26th, 2018, 11:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjH17ibhcyo

Boyaka! :wiggle:

virms
July 3rd, 2018, 10:39 PM
Hehe

https://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-to-be-playable-character-in-wwe-2k19-but-only-four-times-a-year/

OD50
July 10th, 2018, 5:38 AM
I'm sure everyone has seen it already but Ronda Rousey is the confirmed second pre-order character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejRokGCZK0

Really cool that they added Hot Rod in there. Nice touch.

Donald
July 10th, 2018, 7:31 AM
Not that interested in playing as either Rey or Ronda :(

OD50
July 10th, 2018, 8:36 AM
Not that interested in playing as either Rey or Ronda :(
You don't have to, you can play as..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/1/11/6_RAW_-_Braun_Strowman.png/revision/latest?cb=20160810120835

Donald
July 10th, 2018, 8:40 AM
You don't have to, you can play as..

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/1/11/6_RAW_-_Braun_Strowman.png/revision/latest?cb=20160810120835

That's who I basically only play as in WWE 2K18 :lol:

mth
July 10th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Rousey seems like she'd be fun as hell to play as in this. She's got a very unique and badass moveset.

Donald
July 11th, 2018, 9:04 AM
Who do you think new additions will be this year?

Velveteen Dream
EC3
Bobby Lashley
Mike Kanellis
Ariya Daivari
Buddy Murphy
Drew Gulak
Lince Dorado
Lio Rush
Mustafa Ali
Noam Dar
Tony Nese
Liv Morgan
Sarah Logan
Andrade Almas
James Ellsworth
Lana
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Zelina Vega
Adam Cole
Bobby Fish
Danny Burch
Hanson
Kyle O'Reilly
Montez Ford
Oney Lorcan
Otis Dozovic
Ricoshit
Rowe
Tucker Night
Bianca Belair
Candice LaRae
Dakota Kai
Kairi Sane
Lacey Evans
Shayna Baszler

OD50
July 11th, 2018, 9:23 AM
I saw some "leaks" that the Undisputed Era (Kyle/Fish/O'Reilly. Roddy was in last year) and four of the UK wrestlers had been scanned for the game. Bate and Dunne are the obvious ones, who would the other two be? Trent Seven and Mark Andrews perhaps? Of course, these leaks can very well just be some 13-year old spreading BS.

I'm very confident that the legends stuff will be even worse than last year though.

Donald
July 11th, 2018, 9:41 AM
I'm gonna guess Danny Birch as one of the UK talent

Big
July 15th, 2018, 8:24 AM
I'm very confident that the legends stuff will be even worse than last year though.

What do you mean? Was there a lack of legends last year or just the same old legends? I haven't bought the game since the Stone Cold one. I'm more into using the legends then the active roster and would love for them to do a proper Legends game, especially with the vast video library they own.

OD50
July 15th, 2018, 10:37 AM
They removed a couple of legends last year (Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman and maybe some more) and only added Rick Martel, who was only included because he was supposed to be in 2K17 as part of the HoF pack (w/ Stan Hansen). No proper legends/HoF showcase DLC like the years before either. I have a feeling that they are somewhat phasing out the legends content slowly.

This is the legends DLC content for 2K17:

Hall of Fame Showcase, available for a suggested price of $9.99, allows players to recreate iconic battles from WWE history in their storied settings, including:
Cactus Jack & Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael "P.S." Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts & Michael "P.S." Hayes) vs. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. Big Show (Armageddon 1999)

Legends Pack, available for a suggested price of $8.99, boosts the playable roster with a collection of WWE Legends, including Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Sycho Sid, and Tatanka.

This is the "legends" DLC content for 2k18:

Enduring Icons pack
The "Enduring Icons" Pack features The Hardy Boyz and WWE Hall of Famers Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express.

Also no new, or even updated models for DDP and Rick Rude who were in the HoF last year.

Yeah..

Big
July 15th, 2018, 1:14 PM
They lost legends? LOL... .I know I've heard the past 2 years were so-so, I'm hoping for a really good one this year. I only pretty much play for the legends, so I'm hoping for a nice big ol' legends roster, but if they're phasing out the legends content slowly, maybe they'll get around to a legends game. I'd love that.

OD50
July 15th, 2018, 2:36 PM
Pillman
Arn
Road Dogg
Billy Gunn

were removed from 2K17 to 2K18.

Donald
July 15th, 2018, 3:03 PM
I'm happy playing as Tatanka and Sid

OD50
July 25th, 2018, 1:25 PM
There will be a "Ric Flair - Wooo!" edition for this game.

https://cdn.2kgames.com/wwe.2k.com/news/wwe2k19/woooooedition1920.jpg

Copy of WWE 2K19 Deluxe Edition
Access to WWE 2K19 Season Pass digital content (details announced this summer);
Exclusive playable WWE Hall of Famers (’80s-inspired): “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat;
Exclusive playable characters: “Macho Man” Randy Savage (WrestleMania® VIII) and Undertaker (2002);
Exclusive playable arena: Starrcade 1983;
Exclusive in-game attire: Ric Flair (WrestleMania 24 robe) and Charlotte Flair (WrestleMania 32 robe);
Access to WWE 2K19 pre-order bonus digital content (playable Rey Mysterio “Royal Rumble 2018” character and playable Ronda Rousey “WrestleMania 34/‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper-inspired” character);
WWE® SuperCard limited edition cards featuring WWE 2K19 cover Superstar AJ Styles, as well as an AJ-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.
Exclusive premium packaging;
Exclusive and individually numbered WWE Hall of Fame replica ring;
Exclusive “Nature Boy”-inspired Funko Pop! figurine;
Fanatics limited edition commemorative plaque featuring a fabric piece from Ric’s iconic pink or purple robe;

WWE SuperCard limited edition cards featuring Ric and Charlotte Flair, as well as a Ric-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.

RuneEdge
July 25th, 2018, 1:32 PM
That's probably the best limited edition they've ever done. All the stuff in there are things people would actually like to have, rather than a bunch of shit thrown in for the sake of it. :yes:

OD50
July 25th, 2018, 1:35 PM
It looks pretty cool. I'm happy for 80's versions of Steamboat, Dusty and Piper. WM8 Macho Man and Starrcade '83 is cool as well (won't be any "NWA" on the mat though). I would have liked to see WM8 and WMX8 venues to go with Savage and 2002 Undertaker. Maybe they're in the game already but not exclusive to this edition.

RuneEdge
July 25th, 2018, 1:45 PM
There should be a mode where if you beat Savage, you finally get to see that picture of Elizabeth he kept talking about.

OD50
July 25th, 2018, 1:46 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for that 26 years later..

RuneEdge
July 25th, 2018, 1:52 PM
I guess Mr Perfect in his manager attire should be in, hopefully.

OD50
July 25th, 2018, 2:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hboBiG-Pbi8

The Law
August 13th, 2018, 9:24 PM
Twitter teasing a Daniel Bryan related announcement tomorrow. I've heard they're doing a Daniel Bryan showcase mode.

lotjx
August 13th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Unless we get GM Mode back, I am not that interested.

OD50
August 14th, 2018, 12:16 AM
The embargo will be lifted today so we can expect quite a bit of info. Personally I have zero interest in a DB showcase but I'm sure it would be fun to many others.

OD50
August 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
So, Daniel Bryan showcase it is, I aint touching that mode. Pretty cool that DB/Cena from Velocity is in though.

Donald
August 14th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Ain't touching that mode with a ten foot pole either, unless choking Justin Roberts out with a necktie is in, cause I really don't like that guy.

MikeHunt
August 14th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Can I ask why there is such a lack of interest in this mode? Seems pretty decent to me.

OD50
August 14th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Personally I have no interest in the era. Grinding through a mode like this to unlock 11 versions of Daniel Bryan (yes, 11) and a couple of different Raw and Smackdown arenas doesn't excite me too much. I rarely make it through these modes even when there are stuff I care about. I gave up on 30 Years of WrestleMania (WWE 2K14) around WM 21 or 22 I believe since I didn't care about any of the stuff that came up later.

For anyone a fan of the 2010-2018 era I'm sure it will be decent enough though.

But this being in is pretty cool:
https://i.imgur.com/6d01DkI.png

Donald
August 14th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Can I ask why there is such a lack of interest in this mode? Seems pretty decent to me.

I love the mode, I'm just not a big Daniel Bryan fan.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 5:54 AM
Personally I'm only interested in the "legends" content of these games but you have to take into consideration that (I assume) the main demographic playing these games are roughly 15-20 year olds. Most of those peeps probably got into wrestling at the same age as the most of us, which I'm guessing is ten, give or take a few years. I got into wrestling at 10-11 in 1986-1987 so I will always be partial to that particular era. I did enjoy the WWF on and off up until 2001 but those 1986-1990 years will always be golden for me. I also understand that most guys my age probably don't have the time to get into video games all that much (having no kids definitely frees you up..).

Taking the above into account I will assume that the main demographic (aged 15-20'ish) for the game got into WWE over the past 5-10 years, meaning 2008-2013. Now, taking that into account I will say that a Daniel Bryan mode covering 2010-2018 is perfect for the biggest group of peeps playing this game. I've seen people complaining online about Golden Era legends/content while at the same time wanting "proper" legendary stuff the Nexus.

So, even if I complain about legends content at times I can surely see why it isn't the focus, just a carrot for old geezers like me to keep buying the games.

I do have a nice (I think) solution though; Remove all "legends" content from the main game, and I mean all, everything from Attitude Era Rock, Jericho and Austin to Randy Savage, Ric Flair and André The Giant. Make the main game all about the current era and you won't have tons of kids complaining about multiple Mankinds or the Bushwhackers being in the game while Buddy Murphy didn't make the cut. Then you increase the legends content and split it into two separate DLC packs containing old school arenas, referees logos etc, one based on the Golden Era and one based around the Attitude/Monday Night War era. Maybe even have a third DLC based on the New Generation era. These DLC packs would be bigger and more expensive than the current DLC packs but at the same time offer much more content, maybe 35-40 characters each + appropriate arenas, referees etc.

The main demographic will still buy the game (or have their parents buy it) since probably 0,1% of them give a rats ass about the Bushwhackers, the Freebirds, Ricky Steamboat or Brutus Beefcake, meanwhile the elder folks still playing video games like me, more than likely have the financial means to buy the main game plus the bigger more expensive DLC packs (tip: get a new job if you don't). So, double whammie for 2K; younger fans can't bitch about Greg Valentine making the cut instead of Harv Sihra while they will also get quite a few extra DLC buys. they would still offer the usual DLC's (moves, future stars etc) besides the legends stuff of course to rake in even more $ from the main demographic.

Just an idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while. The younger fans gets a game completely focused on the current era which seems is what they want while the older fans who don't care about the modern stuff get more legends content in the game, although at a slightly higher price, which you really should afford if you're 35-45 years old.

MikeHunt
August 15th, 2018, 5:58 AM
I will never buy one of these until they completely revamp it tbh.

I think a couple of years off would do the series wonders.

Donald
August 15th, 2018, 6:01 AM
Surely they could realistically fit every wrestler ever into the games now?

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 6:11 AM
The bigger DLC's last year were priced $9.99 so depending of the amount of content in my proposed legends DLC's I could see them prized about $24.99 each, meaning an extra $50 if you want both the Golden and Attitude era content. Remember that those two packs together would contain close to 100 legends, entrances, themes probably 10 or so unique referees and maybe 25-30 arenas. Also quite a few moves exclusive to the packs (hint: modern fans loves movz so some of them would probably get the packs just for them = more $ for 2K).

WWE 2K19 is priced $59.99, so roughly $85 for the main game plus one legends DLC pack and roughly $110 if you want them both.

Anyone complaining about $59.99 in the US should remember that the game is prized 699 SEK here in Sweden, which is equal to roughly $78-80.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 6:13 AM
Surely they could realistically fit every wrestler ever into the games now?
Every wrestler ever? Would that include Lazer Tron, Mass Transit, the Mulkey brothers and PN News? :hyper:

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 6:22 AM

For sure, they're mostly treading water now slapping on some new features and a couple of new wrestlers each year, nothing really changes. I've ranted about it before, but these games are still using the same basic engine as the stripped down version (Exciting Pro Wrestling/Simple wrestling Series) the Toukon Retsuden games ran on in the mid-late 90's on PS1.

3D Wrestling game engines are notoriously difficult to build so they would probably need a good 2-3 years to put something decent together, and even then it wouldn't have nearly the same amount of features, match types etc like they have now. Look at developers besides AKI and Yuke's that tried to slap a wrestling game together, those games range from barely decent to horse shit. Thinking of games like the LOW/ECW series (Acclaim), WM21 (Studio Gigante), the RAW games (Anchor Inc) on Xbox, TNA iMPACT (Midway), WCW Thunder/Backstage Assault (Inland Productions)

MikeHunt
August 15th, 2018, 6:24 AM
I liked that TNA game at the time.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 6:27 AM
It had a decent base to build upon, I think it used Unreal 3. But to my earlier point, that game was in production for many years and still lacked pretty much every feature and match-type imaginable when it was released. It was a solid base and could probably have turned out good after two or three more games building upon the original. The same engine was used for WWE All-Stars later on.

Fun note is that Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels were wrestling consultants for the iMPACT game. They wanted it to be as much like VPW/No Mercy as possible while the Midway developers wanted a more arcade style game, which they later got do to with All-Stars.

/Looked it up and iMPACT started development about March 2006 and was released in September 2008, so exactly two and half years.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 6:40 AM
iMPACT using the Unreal 3 engine definitely showed how far behind the times the WWE games were visually using the Exciting Pro Wrestling engine from 1995. I haven't used Booker T in 2K18 but it wouldn't surprise me if he looks better in iMPACT from 2008.

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_mc0bl5SqQF1qlhou3o1_500.png

This is the game the Smackdown/WWE games were, and still are built upon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5W_6X7NNBk

It was a simpler and more kid friendly version of the Toukon Retsuden games, the similarities with the earlier Smackdown games are quite obvious.

Not bashing the TR series though, Toukon Retsuden 3 is my all time favorite wrestling game.

MMH
August 15th, 2018, 9:00 AM

Same here. I hate the fact that you cant upload theme music these days but thats a PS4 problem more than the game itself.

The commentary and general atmosphere of the game are arse though. It feels nothing like real wrestling. The transition/loadings screens could easily be done to make it look like part of the show rather than just panning to the crowd of about 20 people and the whole thing just feels stilted.

They do the mistake that many wrestling games do though which is to treat it like a sport where you have to win. Putting on the best show possible should be the aim of the game.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 9:06 AM
Not sure how but Fire Pro Wrestling World will apparently have custom themes on the PS4.

They do the mistake that many wrestling games do though which is to treat it like a sport where you have to win. Putting on the best show possible should be the aim of the game.

That could be a fun mode in the game, the "Five Star Classic Mode" or something like that where you cooperate with someone to put together a five star classic, gaining points for near-falls, high-spots, big moves etc. And you could get the secret hidden 7 star rating, but only if you compete in the Tokyo Dome [/Bruce Prichard]

I definitely wouldn't want an entire game like that though.

Donald
August 15th, 2018, 9:11 AM
Loading screens in WWE 2K18 were a bitch.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Loading screens in WWE 2K18 were a bitch.
I ran an old school WWF Universe until it crashed two days ago. I used mostly CAWs and created arenas, the loading times weren’t much fun.

OD50
August 15th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Andre was my WWF champion winning the title in a triple threat versus Hogan/Warrior. Kamala & Sika were the tag champs beating the Hart Foundation. Macho Man is the IC champion, he has switched the belt with Tito Santana twice I believe. Kamala won the Royal Rumble match. I made it to July before it crashed on me.

Was in the midst of my Rage in the Cage PPV headlined by a six man Armageddon HIAC match when it crashed.

Donald
August 15th, 2018, 11:20 AM
I also hated that there wasn't some way to have guys not assigned to the show just put randomly on shows. Instead you had to click on each wrestler and assign them. And then you'd put the Big Bossman on Smackdown, both characters, and you'd end up with Bossman vs. Bossman in a main event. I really love the mode, but things like that and loading screens it would take forever.

I had Strowman holding every title, until he lost the Universal title to Curt Hawkins of all people in a Battle Royal

OD50
August 19th, 2018, 2:50 AM
This was my King of the Ring main event in June, and it was a pretty epic one. The game (no, not The Game..) put the match together which was kind of cool:

https://i.imgur.com/JGQPXKP.jpg

André won the WWF title and held it until Universe Mode crashed on me during the following PPV in July. Was a bummer, I was really looking forward to August and SummerSlam.

OD50
August 19th, 2018, 3:02 AM
Oops, double post.

Might as well use it for something...

My Universe title history before the crash was, as far as I can remember:

WWF World Heavyweight title:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Big John Studd
3. Hulk Hogan
4. André The Giant

WWF Intercontinental title:

1. Randy Savage
2. George 'The Animal' Steele
3. Randy Savage
4. Tito Santana
5. Randy Savage

WWF tag-team championship

1. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart)
2. The Tribe (Kamala & Sika)

Royal Rumble winner:

1. Kamala

My active tag-teams were:

1. Kamala & Sika (champions)
2. The Hart Foundation
3. The British Bulldogs
4. The Rangers (Sgt. Slaughter & Corp. Kirchner)
5. Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy
6. Demolition
7. The Dream Team (Brutus Beefcake & Greg Valentine)
8. The Killer Bees
9. The Bushwhackers
10. The Islanders (Haku & Tama)
11. Can-Am Connection (Rick Martel & Tom Zenk)

I was going to introduce The Powers of Pain, The Brain Busters and The Twin Towers in year two, had I made it there. Probably would have disbanded the Dream Team and the Can-Am Connection, replacing them with Strike Force. Haven't found a decent enough Dino Bravo CAW, so no New Dream Team. Possibly would have disbanded the Islanders and turned Haku into King Haku.

Matthew
August 19th, 2018, 8:55 PM
Same here. I hate the fact that you cant upload theme music these days but thats a PS4 problem more than the game itself.
i believe it will be an option in fire pro wrestling for the ps4

OD50
August 25th, 2018, 2:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0ZHp7NXps

OD50
August 25th, 2018, 2:42 PM
Dunne looks good, Bate look.. Off.

Peter Griffin
August 25th, 2018, 3:39 PM
Not a bad model per se, But the facial animations for sure need work on Bate.

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2018, 11:49 AM
https://wwe.2k.com/

Roster reveal here in just over an hour.

OD50
August 31st, 2018, 2:12 AM
Adam Cole
Angelo Dawkins
Bianca Belair
Bobby Fish
Kairi Sane
Kyle O'Reilly
Lana (playable)
Liv Morgan
Montez Ford
Oney Lorcan
Otis Dozovic
Pete Dunne
Ronda Rousey
Sarah Logan
Shayna Baszler
Tucker Knight
Tyler Bate
Velveteen Dream

.. are new for this year. Wasn't really expecting Street Profits, Heavy Machinery or Oney Lorcan. No Danny Burch though, yet at least.

Donald
August 31st, 2018, 8:11 AM
Pretty cool roster so far. It would be cool if they had an Ultimate Deletion type match for Matt Hardy, but that's unrealistic expectations :lol:

Donald
August 31st, 2018, 11:53 AM
75 characters on the first reveal, and they do what 3 or 4 of these? Can we see a 200+ roster?

Psycho666Soldier
September 1st, 2018, 12:16 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see them slowly pick some off this year, but I could see it. That'd be pretty impressive, and with how much the company has grown over the years, there are a good chunk of indy darlings that are in the game, and it is filled with a plethora of dream matches. You have a game with some of the biggest stars of the 2002-2010 indy era like Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tyler Black, The Kings of Wrestling, and then some the more modern stars like all of Undisputed Era, Gargano, Ciampa and Pete Dunne.

Those are all people that you normally download CAWs for and are bitter you can't upload their music on the PS4. Right there already in it.

mr sabu
September 1st, 2018, 1:20 AM
cole and bates models need a bit more work done to them

OD50
September 1st, 2018, 3:41 AM
75 characters on the first reveal, and they do what 3 or 4 of these? Can we see a 200+ roster?
I'm guessing the next reveal will be SD/NXT (all in the first reveal was Raw/NXT?) and be about the same number, then a third with maybe 20-25 or so legends and then 10 or so more as DLC. 2K18 had a total of 187 characters including DLC, guessing it will be pretty much the same this year.

Pretty crazy, first wrestling game I ever bought had eight wrestlers in total I think.

OD50
September 6th, 2018, 1:41 PM
They just did reveal 2, and the new ones for this year are:

Andre 'Cien' Almas
Drew Gulak
Lince Dorado
Mandy Rose
Maryse (playable)
Mustafa Ali
Shelton Benjamin*
Sonya Deville
Tony Nese

Shelton's first game since Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 I think.

Donald
September 6th, 2018, 1:58 PM
They just did reveal 2, and the new ones for this year are:

Andre 'Cien' Almas
Drew Gulak
Lince Dorado
Mandy Rose
Maryse (playable)
Mustafa Ali
Shelton Benjamin*
Sonya Deville
Tony Nese

Shelton's first game since Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 I think.

This is good news, I can create my dream Premier Monster Among Athletes tag team of Strowman and Nese!

Big
September 6th, 2018, 7:03 PM
Now all that's left is the legends I assume?

OD50
September 7th, 2018, 3:01 AM
Probably legends and DLC guys remaining. I missed to add Ariya Daivari to the list btw.

/On the other hand, Brian Kendrick, Nikki Cross and Tommaso Ciampa hasn't been announced yet.

This should be the full roster so far:

Akam

Dean Ambrose

Curtis Axel

Finn Balor

Sasha Banks

Shayna Baszler

Tyler Bate

Bayley

Aleister Black

Bianca Belair

Alexa Bliss

Tyler Breeze

Dana Brooke

Daniel Bryan

Adam Cole

Baron Corbin

Apollo Crews

Bo Dallas

Angelo Dawkins

Scott Dawson

Otis Dozovic

Velveteen Dream

Pete Dunne

Elias

Fandango

Bobby Fish

Ric Flair

Montez Ford

Alicia Fox

Johnny Gargano

Chad Gable

Goldust

Triple H

Woken Matt Hardy

Curt Hawkins

Mickie James

Nia Jax

Jason Jordan

No Way Jose

Konner

Tucker Knight

Lana

Sarah Logan

Oney Lorcan

Brock Lesnar

Jinder Mahal

Drew McIntyre

Nick Miller

Ember Moon

Liv Morgan

Rey Mysterio (Pre-order)

Natalya

Kassius Ohno

Titus O’Neil

Kyle O’Reilly

Kevin Owens

Roddy Piper (Woo Edition)

Mojo Rawley

Rezar

Rhyno

Roman Reigns

Ruby Riott

Dusty Rhodes 1980's (Woo Edition)

Seth Rollins

Bobby Roode

Ronda Rousey (Pro-order)

Rusev

Kairi Sane

Randy Savage WrestleMania VIII attire (Woo Edition)

Big Show

Heath Slater

Ricky Steamboat 1980's (Woo Edition)

Roderick Strong

Braun Strowman
The Undertaker 2002 (Woo Edition)

AJ Styles

Lars Sullivan

Shane Thorne

The Undertaker

Viktor

Dash Wilder

Bray Wyatt

Sami Zayn

Dolph Ziggler

Cedric Alexander
Mustafa Ali

Andrade “Cien” Almas

Karl Anderson

Asuka

Brie Bella

Nikki Bella

Shelton Benjamin

Sin Cara

Carmella

John Cena

Cesaro

Charlotte

Epico Colon

Primo Colon

Killian Dain

Ariya Daivari

Noam Dar

Sonya Deville

Tye Dillinger

Lince Dorado

Big E

Aiden English

Jack Gallagher

Luke Gallows

Drew Gulak

Jeff Hardy

Harper

Hideo Itami

Chris Jericho

Samoa Joe

Kalisto

Kane

Billie Kay

Kofi Kingston

Becky Lynch

Maryse

Shane McMahon

Gran Metalik

The Miz

Shinsuke Nakamura

Naomi

Tony Nese

Randy Orton

Paige

Rowan

Mandy Rose

Peyton Royce

Zack Ryder

Sheamus

Tamina

TJP

Akira Tozawa

R-Truth

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

Zelina Vega

Alexander Wolfe

Xavier Woods

Eric Young

OD50
September 7th, 2018, 3:24 AM
I copied the list from somewhere else, otherwise it would have been in alphabetical order.

mr sabu
September 7th, 2018, 7:23 AM
i hope every year they keep skipping Mike " go to rehab one year after signing and get my wife pregnant along the way "benett

Peter Griffin
September 7th, 2018, 7:27 AM
i hope every year they keep skipping Mike " go to rehab one year after signing and get my wife pregnant along the way "benett

:wtf:

OD50
September 7th, 2018, 7:52 AM
If Buddy Murphy isn't in the final reveal him, Lio Rush and Bennett are the only main roster guys left out I think. Not including guys like Spud. Maybe there's some new guys on 205 Live I doesn't know about.

Ciampa and Cross haven't been announced but must be definite locks. Brian Kendrick could have been removed but I doubt that.

mr sabu
September 7th, 2018, 10:28 AM
:wtf:

what it's true

went to rehab for prescription addiction and knocked maria up

plus i also just find mike ehh in general

Donald
September 7th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Would you call him.... Mike Ehhnett?

Donald
September 7th, 2018, 2:06 PM
Bobby Lashley surely will be DLC?

OD50
September 7th, 2018, 4:21 PM
Probably Lashley, possibly Ricochet. I guess it isn't impossible that the War Raiders could be DLC since they signed back in January and debuted mania weekend. The Hardyz debuted at mania last year and made DLC. Lars Sullivan debuted in April 2017 and made DLC.

Donald
September 7th, 2018, 4:29 PM
EC3 is a possibility too, unless I missed his name on the roster reveal.

wardy
September 8th, 2018, 5:36 AM
Say I wanted CM Punk would it just be a case of downloading somebody else's created character?

OD50
September 8th, 2018, 8:03 AM
Say I wanted CM Punk would it just be a case of downloading somebody else's created character?
Yeah, in many cases CAWs look as good and sometimes better than the in-game characters. No custom music though so no "Cult of Personality".

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MObI2PrWYls/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/nufQ3hNKHR.png

Big
September 8th, 2018, 8:52 AM
We used to be able to do custom music at some point right? Maybe ps3? I remember uploading loads of music for CAWs.

Also, any predictions or rumors for first time legends in the game? I figure Jeff Jarrett is a lock.

OD50
September 8th, 2018, 10:23 AM
We used to be able to do custom music at some point right? Maybe ps3? I remember uploading loads of music for CAWs.
Yeah, worked fine on last gen. I remember using custom Honky Tonk Man music in (I think) WWE '13 on the 360.

There's usually a Hall of Fame DLC every year so Double J, Ivory, the Dudley Boyz and Hillbilly Jim should be there. Mark Henry and Goldberg are probably in the game already as they've been regulars in these games for many years. They might do a different/retro Mark Henry for the HoF DLC but they didn't for DDP or Rick Rude when they joined the HoF so it's not that likely. If Hillbillly makes it, it will be his first WWE video game appearance since HCTP in 2003. I never find any really good Hillbilly Jim CAW's and there's no in-game music that really fits him (same goes for Roddy Piper) either, so I'm all for him being included.

OD50
September 11th, 2018, 2:13 PM
They just did the legends reveal. So, new legends in 2K19..

-Ted Dibiase (non-playable in 2K18)

Not mentioned so possibly removed..

-Bobby Heenan
-Buddy Roberts
-Bushwhacker Butch
-Bushwhacker Luke
-Earthquake
-JBL
-Jimmy Garvin
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Larry Zbyszko
-Michael "PS" Hayes
-Rob Van Dam
-Tatsumi Fujinami
-Typhoon

:blah:

Donald
September 11th, 2018, 2:40 PM
That's fucking bullshit no new legends fuck you WWE

OD50
September 11th, 2018, 3:55 PM
You will probably get Hillbilly Jim as DLC though.. :wiggle:

Matthew
September 14th, 2018, 8:55 AM
zombie hhh, cartoonish 'big head' mode, hardy compound/possibly wyatt house have all appeared in the most recent trailer

mth
September 14th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Don't forget solid gold AJ Styles, as well.

OD50
September 14th, 2018, 11:25 AM
All of that sounds absolutely astonishing..

Matthew
September 14th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Don't forget solid gold AJ Styles, as well.
i think you mean AU Styles

Beer-Belly
September 17th, 2018, 2:49 AM
That's fucking bullshit no new legends fuck you WWE

The usual legends are in, I think.

Anyway, if anyone's looking for an alternative to this, Fire Pro Wrestling World is where it's at.

OD50
September 17th, 2018, 3:57 AM
The usual legends are in, I think.

These ones have probably been removed though:

-Bobby Heenan
-Buddy Roberts
-Bushwhacker Butch
-Bushwhacker Luke
-Earthquake
-JBL
-Jimmy Garvin
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Larry Zbyszko
-Michael "PS" Hayes
-Rob Van Dam
-Tatsumi Fujinami
-Typhoon

Not sure about the Brain though, they usually don't mention unplayable managers during the reveals.

Brian Pillman, Harlem Heat, Arn Anderson and Dustin Rhodes were removed from 2K17 to 2K18 as well I believe. They remove quite a few legends every year and replace with just a few. Only new (non DLC) legend added last year was Rick Martel and the only proper DLC legends were the Rock N' Roll Express (Beth Phoenix doesn't count in my book, to me she's more alumni like Trish and Lita).

OD50
September 19th, 2018, 2:31 AM
DLC Pack 1:
Bobby Lashley
War Raiders (Hanson & Rowe)
Ricochet
EC3

DLC Pack 2:
Candice LeRae
Lio Rush
Dakota Kai
Mike Kanellis
Maria Kanellis
Lacey Evans

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2018, 3:06 AM
DLC Pack 1:
Bobby Lashley
War Raiders (Hanson & Rowe)
Ricochet
EC3

DLC Pack 2:
Candice LeRae
Lio Rush
Dakota Kai
Mike Kanellis
Maria Kanellis
Lacey Evans

Do people have to pay for those packs?

OD50
September 19th, 2018, 3:20 AM
Yeah. Last year these sort of packs were $9.99 each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8

OD50
September 19th, 2018, 3:22 AM
Still MIA from the roster is Tommaso Ciampa, Nikki Cross and Brian Kendrick. Odd..

Donald
September 19th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Pretty sweet that Lio Rush and Rick O'Shea are DLC. Didn't see any legends though...

OD50
September 20th, 2018, 2:57 AM
No Legends DLC pack or even HoF DLC pack. They've added one legend while removing 15-20, so yeah, legends isn't exactly a priority. I feel legends/old school content has been steadily decreasing since the peak of WWE '13 (Attitude Era) and WWE 2K14 (30 Years of WrestleMania).

It's understandable though, like I've mentioned before, the average WWE 2K gamer is probably like 12-20'ish and started to watch wrestling within the last 5-15 years or so, they don't give two shits about André, Savage, Dusty, Piper, Steamboat and DiBiase, not to mention peeps like Greg Valentine, The Bushwhackers, The Freebirds or the Von Erich's.

Donald
September 20th, 2018, 7:04 AM
No Legends DLC pack or even HoF DLC pack. They've added one legend while removing 15-20, so yeah, legends isn't exactly a priority. I feel legends/old school content has been steadily decreasing since the peak of WWE '13 (Attitude Era) and WWE 2K14 (30 Years of WrestleMania).

It's understandable though, like I've mentioned before, the average WWE 2K gamer is probably like 12-20'ish and started to watch wrestling within the last 5-15 years or so, they don't give two shits about André, Savage, Dusty, Piper, Steamboat and DiBiase, not to mention peeps like Greg Valentine, The Bushwhackers, The Freebirds or the Von Erich's.

Do you think a legends specific game would do well?

Donald
September 20th, 2018, 7:09 AM
Also is ciampa not in the game? Didn't see his name on the roster.

OD50
September 20th, 2018, 8:07 AM
Do you think a legends specific game would do well?
As much as I would love a proper "Legends of Wrestling" style game I think it would flop just like Legends of WrestleMania did back in 2009. Like I mentioned earlier, the majority of people playing wrestling games are too young to give a shit about legends while older gamers like me probably make up 1% of the fanbase. Can't really blame the kids though, if there was a WWF game on the C-64 or the NES back when I was a kid that featured Lou Thesz, Gorgeous George and Buddy Rogers I'd probably have given it a pass as well.

I didn't watch the roster reveals but I heard that the comments during the third (legend) reveal was basically just kids shitting all over the legends even being in the game.

I'm on the fence if I should even get this game or stick with 2K18, I've seen that many of the legends/old school CAW creators will skip the game this year, which will make it harder to get quality legend CAWs. My 2K18 roster on the other hand is stacked from A to Z.

:\

Also is ciampa not in the game? Didn't see his name on the roster.
Ciampa, Nikki Cross and Brian Kendrick haven't been announced for whatever reason. Would be really strange if they were excluded since they were all in last year.

*Oh, and the embargo is lifted today at 10AM so check on Youtube for gameplay videos and other stuff.

OD50
September 20th, 2018, 3:38 PM
Just watched an in-game rundown of every character in the game and no sign of Ciampa/Cross/Kendrick. So either they’ve been removed or are in some really odd not-yet-revealed DLC.

Donald
September 25th, 2018, 9:20 AM
Was reading that the reason Ciampa isn't in it is because he was injured, but wasn't Dean Ambrose injured at the same time? Really bizarre to me. Same with Kendrick and Cross as all three were in last year's game.

Big
September 26th, 2018, 4:52 PM
Was reading that the reason Ciampa isn't in it is because he was injured, but wasn't Dean Ambrose injured at the same time? Really bizarre to me. Same with Kendrick and Cross as all three were in last year's game.
Nevermind the fact that deceased wrestlers somehow made it.

OD50
September 27th, 2018, 2:43 AM
And Tyson Kidd made 2K17 and 2K18. Latest I saw was that there was some financial/contractual problems/issues with Ciampa, Kendrick, Cross and possibly Mick Foley.

/But whatever, the Ciampa CAW I had in 2K17 actually looked better than the in-game one in 2K18 anyway.

Doctor Who
October 5th, 2018, 7:57 PM
Wow, the season mode in this game is very anti-independent Wrestling. It takes pot shots at every aspect of it. It reeks off WWE cock sucking, it’s quite off putting at times.

The thing is, it makes fun of how cheap and nasty the independents are. Yet the game designers were obviously too cheap to even make a street in Mexico you drive your van down during a cutscene. The entire scene takes place inside the van, you never see outside it.

The story mode is such a mixed bag, it shows great promis, but it’s just so lazy and half arsed in so meany other aspects.

OD50
October 6th, 2018, 5:24 AM
One positive I've seen is that they have added tons of very welcome call names for legends. Some I've seen you can stitch together now are..

Big John Studd
Junkyard Dog
Nikita Koloff
Iron Sheik (used "D" "I" "Ron" "Shae" in 2K18.. :blah:)
"Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
"The Magnificent" Don Muraco
"The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino
Dino Bravo
Doink
Marty Jannetty
Barry Windham
Tully Blanchard

HULK HOGAN! :wiggle:

Some parts of the names were in before but not enough to make the entire name, for example "The Living Legend" was in before but not "Bruno" or "Sammartino", "Dino" was in but not "Bravo", "The Magnificent" and "Don" was in but not "Muraco". I used "The Magnificent Don Marco" in 2K18.

Donald
October 6th, 2018, 8:31 AM
If anyone can buy this for me, I'll pm you my address.

OD50
October 6th, 2018, 9:48 AM
That's a generous offer there..

virms
October 6th, 2018, 12:24 PM
If anyone buys this for me I will pm you donalds wifes addy.

Donald
October 6th, 2018, 10:53 PM
I'm open to three ways

OD50
October 9th, 2018, 5:41 AM
See, that didn't take long...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1967/44285835925_cce5ae3d9a_c.jpg

OD50
October 9th, 2018, 5:43 AM
This CAW looks way better than last years in-game model and most likely this years, had Ciampa been in the game.

OD50
October 10th, 2018, 3:25 AM
They've added some pretty cool new reversal animations this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBg_-zopBkU

Randolph
October 10th, 2018, 11:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLu8oTIHeDY

OD50
October 12th, 2018, 4:48 AM
https://i.imgur.com/2LzbyKP.gif

Simon
October 12th, 2018, 5:30 AM
https://twitter.com/starklordx/status/1050040897050685440

I think I'm gonna be sick

Nash Diesel
October 12th, 2018, 3:10 PM
I rented this at the Red Box. Can't wait for my son and I to play it until 4am lol.

Peter Griffin
October 12th, 2018, 3:12 PM
I have hated the last few years games, Lucky for me I share a PSN account with my bro. Anyway I actually really enjoyed the career mode this year, Sometimes linearity can be good.

Nash Diesel
October 12th, 2018, 3:48 PM
I'll be honest, I think it's too hard for me lol. I just like to go in and do shit. These last 4-5 games seem to be a lot more about being precise and exact with your movements and I get that it's supposed to be more realistic this way but do you really see matches where 90% of the action is reversing the other guy's shit?

I can appreciate the roster and it can be fun but yeah, I'm a button masher type motherfucker.

lotjx
October 12th, 2018, 11:20 PM
I just want GM Mode back.

OD50
October 13th, 2018, 4:56 AM
And I want Story Designer back. Unfortunately neither of us will get it though.

Nash Diesel
October 15th, 2018, 11:23 AM
And I want Story Designer back. Unfortunately neither of us will get it though.

haha my son said the same thing last night.

So far I'd give the game an 8/10. I don't play these games as much as I used to. I dig the Showcase mode even if I suck lol. I like the gauntlet. Roster is sick, graphics are tight.

Donald
October 15th, 2018, 1:02 PM
Can you explain the Gauntlet? I do not have the game :(

Nash Diesel
October 15th, 2018, 2:37 PM
Can you explain the Gauntlet? I do not have the game :(

It's actually pretty cool. AJ Styles in real form comes on and talks about this gauntlet that's in tower form like the Mortal Kombat games. I just thought the presentation was pretty cool.

Kdestiny
October 16th, 2018, 8:52 PM
I rented this.

Where's John Cenas voice?

OD50
October 17th, 2018, 8:13 AM
There's a pretty cool little reference to Something (Else) to Wrestle on commentary when you use Ted DiBiase.

Big
November 15th, 2018, 9:51 PM
Is there a real story mode for myplayer or is it pretty generic?

Randolph
December 3rd, 2018, 4:13 AM
http://freegifmaker.me/img/res/1/5/4/3/8/2/15438246731030861.gif

I deal with the weirdest stuff when I want to wrestle at 3 in the morning.

Psycho666Soldier
December 7th, 2018, 4:22 PM
Has anyone here spent much time with Universe Mode? Has it improved at all?

Donald
December 7th, 2018, 4:26 PM
I'm hopeful to get this for Christmas this year. I'll sure play it a lot more than I did Red Dead Redemption 2 :lol:

Donald
January 21st, 2019, 2:25 PM
Does anyone know how to cash in the MITB briefcase while a championship match is in progress? Do you have to do something in the options before the match starts?

Nash Diesel
January 24th, 2019, 4:36 PM
Does anyone know how to cash in the MITB briefcase while a championship match is in progress? Do you have to do something in the options before the match starts?

I believe so.

Donald
February 4th, 2019, 4:11 PM
Just won the MITB with Tony Nese, now whenever he decides to cash it in, he'll have to go up against my Universal Champion, Braun Strowman. Who to pick to win, who to pick to win.

Elsewhere in my season, Andre the Giant has had a lengthy program with Ricochet. Those two dudes have wrestled 10 times in the past 3 months, it's insane. It was funny cause Andre dragged out Ricochet's original opponent, Razor Ramon.

Will be entering SummerSlam season if I get to play this week.