PDA

View Full Version : Wenger leaving at the end of the season

Simon
April 20th, 2018, 4:55 AM
Hlebsfall's brain just burst with happiness.

The Rosk
April 20th, 2018, 4:59 AM
They will miss him.

Romford Pele
April 20th, 2018, 5:11 AM
Ahahahshahahhahahshdhgagaga

Its over, its finally over :wiggle:

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2018, 5:25 AM

Alright but don't try and come around here talking about how he's a legend etc in a few years.

Romford Pele
April 20th, 2018, 5:33 AM
I am thankful for what he did for us, but he should have gone years ago, legend or not.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2018, 5:43 AM
You're thankful for fuck all. You just said it's finally over. Couldn't be clearer than that.

Hlebsfall
April 20th, 2018, 5:45 AM
I am fucking DELIGHTED. Shame it wasn't several years ago, but whatever.

Peter Griffin
April 20th, 2018, 5:49 AM
Haha ignore my post in English Football thread :shifty:

But yeah, Interesting to see who they get in.

RFF Champ
April 20th, 2018, 5:59 AM
You're thankful for fuck all. You just said it's finally over. Couldn't be clearer than that.

So soon after saying Arsenal fans would be supportive and gracious if Wenger stepped down in this fashion.

The Rosk
April 20th, 2018, 6:10 AM
He should spit on the Arsenal fans from the open top bus when he parades yet another trophy at the end of the season.

Simon
April 20th, 2018, 6:12 AM
How long before the first "come back Arsene, all is forgiven"? Early goal conceded in the first game of next season I reckon.

Murphy
April 20th, 2018, 6:20 AM
I'm hearing Vieira is the favourite. That can't be right, can it? :D

JP
April 20th, 2018, 6:31 AM
I'm hearing Vieira is the favourite. That can't be right, can it? :D

Why not?

Smart, by all accounts a decent coach, legend at the club.

Fuck it, if you're getting rid of your best ever manager why not go whole hog and drop in a newbie.

God I hope he wins the Europa League.

Murphy
April 20th, 2018, 6:37 AM
Just the lack of experience.

RFF Champ
April 20th, 2018, 6:55 AM
by all accounts a decent coach

Genuinely interested where you have heard that.

The Rosk
April 20th, 2018, 6:57 AM
All accounts.

JP
April 20th, 2018, 7:18 AM
The gays, I heard it from the gays.

Specifically gays from Village Manchester who have had informal training sessions with coaches from Man City and spoke well of him.

Bit like when we have our informal training sessions with Blues developmental coaching staff at West Hills, except we have some bloke called Dave rather than one of the best to ever play the game.

MikeHunt
April 20th, 2018, 8:57 AM
They'll all be greeting again when Rodgers is the manager next year.

BBF
April 20th, 2018, 9:08 AM
by all accounts a decent coach

Nope!

MikeHunt
April 20th, 2018, 9:10 AM
Wenger to PSG in the summer?

Simon
April 20th, 2018, 9:15 AM
Fingers crossed Southgate will fuck the World Cup and the FA get Wenger in - I think he would do a good job, and more importantly it would be fucking hilarious to see Romford and Hlebsfall react.

RFF Champ
April 20th, 2018, 9:35 AM
Nope!

He tends to stick with the same players a lot, whether they are performing well or not which suggests his focus is on developing them. I imagine he probably is a good coach. His tactical stubbornness, naivety with in-game substitutions, poor record in crucial games and overall underperformance compared to budget seem similar to the reasons Wenger has been forced out, so it’d be a strange replacement in that respect.

Murphy
April 20th, 2018, 9:47 AM
I reckon Arsenal win the Europa, he changes his mind and signs a new contract. Wenger in.

BBF
April 20th, 2018, 9:53 AM
He tends to stick with the same players a lot, whether they are performing well or not which suggests his focus is on developing them. I imagine he probably is a good coach. His tactical stubbornness, naivety with in-game substitutions, poor record in crucial games and overall underperformance compared to budget seem similar to the reasons Wenger has been forced out, so it’d be a strange replacement in that respect.

This basically. Give him a coaching role or, ideally, a head of academy role and he'll flourish. He won't be anywhere near good enough for a top 6 club however.

JP
April 20th, 2018, 10:18 AM
BBF: Nope, not a good coach.

BBF minutes later: Yep, he's a good coach.

BBF
April 20th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Sorry, he wouldn't make a good manager/head coach. As a member of the coaching staff, yes superb but not as the main man. Apologies for not being a bit clearer about that, you were talking about him being the new Arsenal manager but I didn't separate the two enough.

_me
April 20th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I think we need to have an official Arsenal prediction contest for next year because I can imagine a whole range of guesses (ranging from winning the league to missing Europa). Need to get those on record so we can mock those who are wrong…

Romford Pele
April 20th, 2018, 1:20 PM

Try reading.

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2018, 1:55 PM
Oh I have.i remember you saying his impact was overrated because arsenal were already a good side as well. We all do

The Rosk
April 20th, 2018, 2:12 PM
Nigel Winterburn was rated the fifth best leftback in the league according to Shoot 07/08/95 so he inherited the world

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2018, 2:32 PM
That's the one.

I mean Wenger is good but really need someone like de boer to come in and take them to the next level

son_of_foley
April 20th, 2018, 2:33 PM
Hope brendan doesn't take it because they'll be accused of a lack of ambition and they'll be on his back from day 1.i would prefer them to get tuchel spend a fortune and fuck the lot up royally

RuneEdge
April 20th, 2018, 3:25 PM
Van Gaal would be a good laugh.

RFF Champ
April 20th, 2018, 4:34 PM
That's the one.

I mean Wenger is good but really need someone like de boer to come in and take them to the next level

Michael Laudrup if they really mean business.

Peter Griffin
April 20th, 2018, 4:53 PM
Im sure Rom/Hlebs said they would rather Stevie Mac over Wenger :chin:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 21st, 2018, 1:31 AM
Hands off Rafa, guys, he's magicing a Premier League title next season for Newcastle. Thanks.

Romford Pele
April 22nd, 2018, 4:57 AM
Oh I have.i remember you saying his impact was overrated because arsenal were already a good side as well. We all do

Not what I said, try again.

Badger
April 22nd, 2018, 5:20 AM
That was a really solid, disciplined display. Mustafi was excellent, credit to Wenger for the improvement since the Liverpool game.

:chin:

Romford Pele
April 22nd, 2018, 7:58 AM
You can praise a display and still want the manager to leave. They arent mutually exclusive.

son_of_foley
April 22nd, 2018, 9:02 AM
Not what I said, try again.

Do correct me

RuneEdge
April 22nd, 2018, 10:41 AM
#WengerIn

Romford Pele
April 22nd, 2018, 11:18 AM
And if you think me and Hlebs are extreme...

http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34817&start=36375

Peter Griffin
April 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Yeah after the first post, I am not reading the rest for the sake of my own 'sanity'

Fanny Batter
April 22nd, 2018, 3:06 PM
That post about hoping they get beat by Atletico sum that idiotic mob up. Just think of Leeds and Villa fans, am sure they'd have taken either a top 4 finish or a trophy for 20 consecutive seasons.

Simon
August 12th, 2018, 12:58 PM
How long before the first "come back Arsene, all is forgiven"? Early goal conceded in the first game of next season I reckon.

Any takers?

RFF Champ
August 12th, 2018, 5:09 PM
They were singing 'Arsene Wenger he's won more than you' :lol:

Romford Pele
August 12th, 2018, 10:36 PM
I knew this would get bumped. No disgrace in losing to City, we will see how good we are in other games

Mik
August 13th, 2018, 5:40 PM
Shite hopefully.

MikeHunt
August 13th, 2018, 6:39 PM
:lol: