PDA

View Full Version : UFC 219: Cyborg vs Holm

Percussion
December 27th, 2017, 12:36 PM
http://nebula.wsimg.com/39c6c2d99b5ade80176ab7ad2ec19a2e?AccessKeyId=71655 85F09DCAAE0A25E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Main Card

UFC Women's Featherweight Championship
Cris Cyborg (c) vs. Holly Holm

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Edson Barboza (LW)
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza (WSW)
Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny (WW)
Dan Hooker vs. Mark Diakiese (LW)

FS1 Prelims

Khalil Rountree vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk (LHW)
Myles Jury vs. Rick Glenn (FW)
Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau (FLW)
Marvin Vettori vs. Omari Akhmedov (MW)

Fight Pass Prelims

Tim Elliott vs. Mark De La Rosa (BW)

Interested in Holm/Cyborg. Looking forward to Condit, as always. But this boils down to a one fight card for me, and likely lots of other people.

All-time ridiculous striker/grappler matchup here, and it's for tons of marbles. Barboza may be better off his back than Khabib standing, but Khabib may be even better wrestling than Barboza is standing, which is saying a bunch. So very on the edge of my seat for this one.

Side note, and it's just kind of an unfortunate part of the evolution of the sport at this point, but if you look at what this card had originally been set up as..

Holm v Cyborg
Khabib v Barboza
D Cruz vs J Rivera
G Saki vs Rountree

.. yikes, and fuck.

Anyway, stoked nonetheless for Saturday night. And please oh please may Khabib make weight.

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Great fight card. People on Sherdog are actually complaining about the main event.

Nash Diesel
December 27th, 2017, 12:52 PM
WAR CYBORG

*Been awhile since I've seen someone post WAR -insert fighter's name-*

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I hope Holly kicks her huge man head into the bleachers.

Nash Diesel
December 27th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I hope Holly kicks her huge man head into the bleachers.

I hope Cyborg hits Holly so hard that you get KO'd just from the aftershock ;)

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Should just let Holly juice her balls off too for this fight.

Percussion
December 27th, 2017, 1:17 PM
Pretty sure her balls could take it.

And people seem to be underrating Cyborg's clinch/ground game for this fight.

Nash Diesel
December 27th, 2017, 1:46 PM
I read a lot of people going "Oh this is going to be Cyborg's toughest opponent in MMA"....What about Holly? I'd love to see the fighter she's faced that was even remotely close to what Cyborg brings to the table. I think Mark did a great, hilarious break down of the women at 135 and how most were soccer moms that kind of just fell into MMA. I don't know if I ever looked at anyone and said "Yeah they could take Cyborg". Including Holly. But I don't think I ever considered anyone at any weight class in MMA a truly realistic, stylistic threat to Cyborg.

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 4:06 PM
135 was soccer moms. 145 is Twinkie on the couch moms.

Nash Diesel
December 27th, 2017, 5:30 PM
135 was soccer moms. 145 is Twinkie on the couch moms.

LOL. Dude I'm all about these women just going to Rizin and fighting at Rizin weight. 95lbs.-400lbs. is a deep division lol. You have everyone from 50 year old jobber women wrestlers to BJJ world champions.

How are you going to do Ronda and Gina Carano like that??? Especially Gina!?!?!? That's OUR girl, we share that woman. MT champion.

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 8:30 PM
Gina was a goddess. I just had the last few slobs Cyborg fought in mind.

Percussion
December 27th, 2017, 9:31 PM
I adore Gina. She's a treasure. Not too sure about that MT champion part tough.

Mark Hammer
December 27th, 2017, 9:49 PM
She's a legitimately beautiful woman who did MMA (and found success) before it was in. Treasure is a good way to describe her.

Mik
December 28th, 2017, 6:48 AM
If Gina kept ground and pounding instead of standing up, things could’ve been very different.

Percussion
December 28th, 2017, 5:51 PM
This is Khabib weighing about 169 two days ago..

https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.com/imagetaggy/s360x360/25038940_916288078531508_4486874462079156224_n.jpg

..and so until tomorrow morning to officially make lightweight.

He looks in great shape, if not a bit emaciated for his natural frame/weight. He's down from a reported 202 at some point going into his fight camp.

Just a brutal sounding process overall.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I adore Gina. She's a treasure. Not too sure about that MT champion part tough.

First ever International Woman's World Muay Thai Champion

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 12:23 PM
First ever International Woman's World Muay Thai Champion

Pardon my ignorance here, but what international muay thai governing body was this under?

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Pardon my ignorance here, but what international muay thai governing body was this under?

Probably the same 1 that awarded Kimbo Slice the title of "King of the Streets".

All I could find was a couple websites about Master Toddy and that her MT record was 12-1-1.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Suppose that's why I said the 'not too sure about' thing..

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Suppose that's why I said the 'not too sure about' thing..

Yeah I have no idea why you said it, thanks for clearing that up.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Ok.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Ok.

Thanks

Mark Hammer
December 29th, 2017, 1:08 PM
Yeah, dummy.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 1:18 PM
155.5 officially now for The Eagle. Can't wait for this.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 1:43 PM
Pulling for Edson but I feel Khabib is going to take this one. That weight cut has to be killing him though. Why on Earth a LW needs to walk around at 200+ is fucking absurd.

Fanny Batter
December 29th, 2017, 1:50 PM
Barboza is stylistically Khabib's toughest fight given his great takedown defence and ability to punish the attempts. Genuine KO threat from all angles too. But you can't bet against Nurmagamedov. He is just relentless, and appears to have the chin to be able to take a shot as he gets inside. His top game is just superb and relentless, nobody can swim on the floor with him.

Going Cyborg in the main event. Holm just doesn't do enough, and Cyborg will capitalise on the lack of output by ramping up the pressure. Expect a stoppage in the second or third. Why they haven't tried building Megan Anderson up is beyond me, though my guess is she gets a featured fight against a blown up 35er on the Aussie card.

Hope Carlos Condit can come back with a win. An all time great entertainer. Tough out after only 2 minutes of cage time in 2 years in Magny but I don't see Magny having the arsenal to stop him in his tracks.

Besides those fights, the one of interest is Cavilho vs. Esparza. Esparza has somehow become relevant again thanks to Rose's win, as there's the rematch angle as long as Rose is champion. Hoping Cynthia can get it done though as she has far more upside.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 1:51 PM
Pulling for Edson but I feel Khabib is going to take this one. That weight cut has to be killing him though. Why on Earth a LW needs to walk around at 200+ is fucking absurd.

He doesn't need to get so big in between fights. But he's in that limbo too, like a Gastelum or Hendricks or to a lesser degree RDA, where he's a little big thickness-wise for his optimal weight class but a little small frame wise for his more natural walking around weight. Not saying any of these guys are doomed for whatever class they choose to compete at, just that they don't have the kind of natural slot that so many others do. Again though, could also simply stand to be a little more disciplined when out of a particular fight camp.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 2:01 PM
He doesn't need to get so big in between fights. But he's in that limbo too, like a Gastelum or Hendricks or to a lesser degree RDA, where he's a little big thickness-wise for his optimal weight class but a little small frame wise for his more natural walking around weight. Not saying any of these guys are doomed for whatever class they choose to compete at, just that they don't have the kind of natural slot that so many others do. Again though, could also simply stand to be a little more disciplined when out of a particular fight camp.

You shouldn't be dropping 50lbs to fight. He's big enough to where he could comfortably fight at WW imo and then he'd only have to cut 30lbs. Which is still extreme. Especially when this guy has had issues in the past with cutting weight that put him in the hospital.

I feel for the guy, multiple injuries, barely active while still pleading for a title shot. I have no doubt if he wins he'll be next in line to challenge Tony Ferguson.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 2:08 PM
Point is simply that he doesn't have the kind of plug and play optimal weight class that the majority of fighters do. He's between a rock and a hard place as far as mma's weight divisions go and so far he'd choose to be a blown up, extreme weight cutting lw as opposed to a small-framed, t-rex armed ww.

Dana's said (for all the credit that's worth) the winner of this fight takes on Tony next for the honor of taking on Conor hopefully next summer.

Mark Hammer
December 29th, 2017, 2:33 PM
Ferguson/Barboza 2 is a tough sell.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 2:46 PM
Hard to say that definitively before we see how 219 plays out.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 2:48 PM
Point is simply that he doesn't have the kind of plug and play optimal weight class that the majority of fighters do. He's between a rock and a hard place as far as mma's weight divisions go and so far he'd choose to be a blown up, extreme weight cutting lw as opposed to a small-framed, t-rex armed ww.

Dana's said (for all the credit that's worth) the winner of this fight takes on Tony next for the honor of taking on Conor hopefully next summer.

Point is he doesn't need to be 200+ for either divisions I don't care how short his arms are lol.

Ferguson/Barboza 2 is a tough sell.

That was a great fight the first time though. Honestly I'm not even trying to play promoter as a fan because as you get older you realize the only "easy sells" revolve around maybe 3 fighters if that. GSP, McGregor, and Jones. None of them are fighting any time soon.

Mark Hammer
December 29th, 2017, 2:55 PM
No, I meant it's a tough sell being a rematch where there was a decisive winner. Don't know what Jones, GSP, or McGregor have to do with it.

Fanny Batter
December 29th, 2017, 2:55 PM
First fight was a good 'un. If I remember correctly Barboza was having some success until the big cut, then got sloppy, tired and ultimately submitted. It stands to reason that Ferguson/Khabib is the much bigger fight though should Khabib win. Then if Khabib wins THAT, the McGregor fight would be huge.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 2:59 PM
Point is he doesn't need to be 200+ for either divisions I don't care how short his arms are lol.

Of course he doesn't need to. We've both said exactly that already.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 3:00 PM
No, I meant it's a tough sell being a rematch where there was a decisive winner. Don't know what Jones, GSP, or McGregor have to do with it.

So you didn't mean "tough sell" as in it'll be a hard fight to draw decent numbers? Sorry that's what I thought you meant which is why I name dropped the 3 biggest draws the UFC currently have. I guess I wasn't clear enough...interesting.

First fight was a good 'un. If I remember correctly Barboza was having some success until the big cut, then got sloppy, tired and ultimately submitted. It stands to reason that Ferguson/Khabib is the much bigger fight though should Khabib win. Then if Khabib wins THAT, the McGregor fight would be huge.

Yeah there was a finish but it wasn't a lopsided victory by any means.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 3:02 PM
Of course he doesn't need to. We've both said exactly that already.

If he doesn't need to then why are you bringing up his short arms? Just leave it at that instead of constantly trying to get the last word in lol. It's like you are programmed to have the last word lol.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 3:06 PM
If he doesn't need to then why are you bringing up his short arms? Just leave it at that instead of constantly trying to get the last word in lol. It's like you are programmed to have the last word lol.

I was making the topical discussion point from the get go about his being in between optimal weight classes. I've said this three times now. It's not an argumentative thing, Nash. It's just speaking to the topic.

I left that at that a long time ago.

Calm down please, this isn't a giant dispute for you like every single other interaction you have on these boards. Just relax a bit.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 3:17 PM
LOL=needing to calm down?

Nobody is making it into a giant dispute, don't flatter yourself. I'm just saying, you said we're saying the same things but we're not. Similar words are being used but you're talking about t-rex arms and I'm saying that doesn't mean you should be cutting weight from 200 to 155.

Mik
December 29th, 2017, 4:00 PM

Rich.

LOL=needing to calm down?

Nobody is making it into a giant dispute, don't flatter yourself. I'm just saying, you said we're saying the same things but we're not. Similar words are being used but you're talking about t-rex arms and I'm saying that doesn't mean you should be cutting weight from 200 to 155.

You do need to calm down and stop being a prick. When everyone thinks that you’re a prick and you just think that everyone doesn’t get you, it’s not that they don’t get you...it’s that you’re a prick.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 4:09 PM
Rich.

You do need to calm down and stop being a prick. When everyone thinks that you’re a prick and you just think that everyone doesn’t get you, it’s not that they don’t get you...it’s that you’re a prick.

Again, it was pretty clear by the LOLs that nobody was getting riled up. Definitely don't need someone not even contributing to the MMA aspect of the discussion trying to come in and add their 2 cents to make matters worse.

Percussion just has issues with people not letting him A-have the last word and B-not being right all the time. You have issues with thinking the world needs you to chime in about someone being a prick or not. Remember, you're the guy who said mods shouldn't be held to a different standard than any other poster just because they have the ability to ban people. Stupid.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 4:39 PM
Nash, I interact with people all the time here without any kind of last word tug of war. Also don't bicker continuously back and forth with just about anyone else. Yet you have both of these issues with just about every single person you come across just about every single subject, and folks remind you of this continuously.

Sure, it's not you though.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 4:42 PM
Nash, I interact with people all the time here without any kind of last word tug of war. Also don't bicker continuously back and forth with just about anyone else. Yet you have both of these issues with just about every single person you come across just about every single subject.

Sure, it's not you though.

Calm down Percussion13.

Mark Hammer
December 29th, 2017, 5:09 PM
So you didn't mean "tough sell" as in it'll be a hard fight to draw decent numbers? Sorry that's what I thought you meant which is why I name dropped the 3 biggest draws the UFC currently have. I guess I wasn't clear enough...interesting.

Yeah there was a finish but it wasn't a lopsided victory by any means.

It's a tough sell as in not many people would be interested. I don't know why we're going back and forth over this.

Percussion
December 29th, 2017, 5:23 PM
It's a tough sell as in not many people would be interested. I don't know why we're going back and forth over this.

If Edson were to highlight reel Khabib that'd change a lot of people's interest, I think.

Mik
December 29th, 2017, 5:40 PM
Again, it was pretty clear by the LOLs that nobody was getting riled up. Definitely don't need someone not even contributing to the MMA aspect of the discussion trying to come in and add their 2 cents to make matters worse.

Percussion just has issues with people not letting him A-have the last word and B-not being right all the time. You have issues with thinking the world needs you to chime in about someone being a prick or not. Remember, you're the guy who said mods shouldn't be held to a different standard than any other poster just because they have the ability to ban people. Stupid.

Youre getting riled up, you can’t have a conversation with anyone without getting riled up, no amount of ‘lols’ in your posts are going to make any difference to that fact. You can’t handle a discussion without flying off the deep end and rubbing someone up the wrong with with your abrasive attitude and you don’t have the mental capacity for it and you’re too stupid to know how to adjust your style.

Percussion
December 31st, 2017, 2:24 AM
Liking Barboza that was painful to watch. He was just methodically shrinkwrapped and violently bludgeoned.

Khabib/Ferguson looks stellar right now.

Nash Diesel
December 31st, 2017, 1:39 PM
Holly is one tough lady. Cyborg just dominated round to round. Cyborg wasn't even out of the building before she was on social media talking about fighting in Feb against Meghan Anderson. RIP Meg.

Khabib looked great. 1 judge scored it 10-8 all 3 rounds.

Percussion
December 31st, 2017, 1:58 PM
Most lopsided scorecard ever?

https://images.scribblelive.com/2017/12/31/a2af966b-e6e3-4e23-9c93-3858a00f18e0_800.jpg

Nash Diesel
December 31st, 2017, 3:50 PM
Now that they give 10-8 rounds more often I agree. That was about as GSP esque as you can get. Wow.

Fanny Batter
January 1st, 2018, 6:20 AM
Yeah, it was one of the more one sided fights to ever reach the cards. Usually those kind of fights end in a mercy stoppage in the third. Khabib is an absolute beast. Him and Ferguson is undoubtedly the highest quality fight in divisional history, only 10 fighters in UFC history have ever won 9 or more fights in a row, now 2 of them are going to fight to end one of those historic runs.

Cyborg was measured in that fight. Showed that she can commit to a gameplan while maintaining cardio for five rounds. Wasn't particularly enthralling but a good performance. Holm is only ever a win away from a title shot at 135 so her stock doesn't fall much. Showed toughness.

Carlos Condit was hugely disappointing. His legs have gone. Magny did what he had to do but there was minimal resistance.

Mark Hammer
January 1st, 2018, 5:38 PM
Cyborg proved herself Saturday night. While the first round was interesting given Holly's ability to tag Cyborg there was nothing behind her shots and one Cyborg counter trumped her 3 or 4 pitter patter shots every time. Rounds 2 through 5 dragged for me as it was evident that Holly had nothing in terms of being able to hurt Cyborg and her face became gradually more mangled as each stanza passed. Average fight but good show by both girls especially Cyborg. It was also evident that Holm doesn't belong at 145 and while she would likely smoke most of the out-of-shape girls there she was missing the range and mobility that makes her such a force at Bantamweight. Given her popularity, toughness in this outing, and easy marketability she's likely only a win or two away from a plausible fight vs Nunes at 135 but at 36 years old she needs to make it happen sooner than later. Cyborg is calling out Megan Anderson for the Australia card and I don't see why not as it'd make a fine co-main to Whitaker/Rockhold but from what little I've seen of Anderson I wasn't impressed. She's built for 145 but like most of her divisional peers isn't overly athletic. Cyborg is similar to Demetrious Johnson in that she's a great fighter in a division without any other great fighters. I'm expecting a dominant reign marred by a lack of real competition and that isn't her fault, just the way it is. If Dana doesn't absolutely hate Germaine de Randemie (or if he does) she'd be an adequate scalp down the line but the division needs a lot of work as there aren't any prospects outside of Anderson and I don't believe she's much of a prospect at all.

Khabib Nurmagomedov is the best lightweight fighter on the planet. Gotta believe that Ferguson has benefited from Khabib's weight issues as I don't give him much of a chance vs the Russian, who certainly isn't Kevin Lee. If Conor is holding out until he needs the money Khabib is the route to take especially if the UFC's debut in Russia takes legs. He'll have to finish it early in the first round though I think as Khabib isn't quite the lay-n-prayer that Chad Mendes is and if/when he gets Conor down he'll hurt him.

Anybody else notice how awful this crowd was? Spectacular performance and finish from Dan Hooker, who got boo'ed nonetheless on account of not banging bro with Mark Diakese. He's a lightweight darkhorse imo, already 2-0 in the division following two great finishes over popular opponents. I think UFC's attention on Bec Rawlings should have been put on this guy if they're looking to dip further into that Australian market. She's not very good while Hooker is.

Calvillo/Esparza. I like both girls. I wanted to pinch their cheeks though, they are both so small and cute. The former champion was too soon of a challenge for Calvillo and looked great in rounds 2 and 3 after dropping a tentative first round. Sky is the limit for both fighters I think. Esparza doesn't seem caught up on the belt but I do think a rematch vs Thug Rose would be an easier sell than the latter vs Joanna J.

Condit appears to be shot lads. Very very disappointing as he's one of my all-time favorites. Neil Magny is good but I don't see him beating anyone in the top 5.

Overall I score this card 6/10. Decent but not particularly great. How 'bout that trailer for Stipe/Ngannou though? That's in less than 3 weeks.

Percussion
January 1st, 2018, 6:09 PM
Cyborg vs Nunes, while Megan gets a fight or two in the UFC to shake the debut jitters and gain just that hair more experience.

Ferguson's tremendous skill off his back gives him the most interesting chance of any possible lw. Also the fact that he's at least partially insane. Still favor Khabib, just don't think it's quite the no brainer.

Was with you on the Hooker prediction. Good call. He's legit good. And Diakiese has a worrisome sizzle-to-steak ratio.

Sad day indeed watching a disarmed Condit. All-time prize-fighter who always brought the kitchen sink and then some. Fight game, though.

Mik
January 1st, 2018, 6:10 PM
I’d agree with all of that. With the exception of seeing rose vs Carla rematch.

GDR is the forgotten woman of women’s MMA. Best Holm in my opinion arguably as comfortably as cyborg.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 11:12 AM
Let's all not forget that GDR is the only fighter in the history of MMA to my knowledge to vacate their belt due to being scared to fight someone. They said "You're fighting Cyborg next" she said "nope, I'm vacating the belt" lol. You will never see GDR in a title fight unless absolutely necessary. Like everyone died necessary.

It makes me extremely sad to see Condit go the way he has. I think the Lawler fight was the last hoorah. That's not taking anything away from Maia or Magny but I don't think they fought the same guy that everyone else fought. The worst part is homeboy is only 33!! But he's been doing it forever, since he was 18. 15 years with that style. Probably good that he had time off as he hasn't fallen into the punch drunk phase.

I think Khabib v. McGregor v. Tony are beautiful fights. I'll be pulling for the Irishman but his tweets made him come across as someone who was playing it up. I think in reality Conor saw that performance and thought thank God my whiskey is coming out this year lol. Tony, like P13 said, he's insane so I actually think he would have a great chance at beating either guy. Right now we are looking at the legit top 3, who else @ 155 is taking these 3 out?

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 12:27 PM
In fairness the angle GDR played was that she refused to fight a known roid cheat, not that she was scared to fight her. Very lame way to give up a belt either way. Pretty lame division tbh.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 12:42 PM
In fairness the angle GDR played was that she refused to fight a known roid cheat, not that she was scared to fight her. Very lame way to give up a belt either way. Pretty lame division tbh.

Oh yeah I read all the excuses. She wanted to see if her hand needed surgery, Cyborg failed a drug test 7 years ago, etc. She was scared.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 1:04 PM
I'd be scared to fight a dude if I was a girl too.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:06 PM
I'd be scared to fight a dude if I was a girl too.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7R1mTaq7i2sAE/giphy.gif

Well we definitely know what wasn't on your resolution list for 2018.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:06 PM
And your's.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:07 PM
Eh, I was just hoping you would have moved on and shown an oz of respect to Cyborg. You can take the poster outta Sherdog but not the Sherdog outta poster ;)

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:12 PM
Maybe in 2019 you can try not responding to and being overly confrontational at every single post you mildly disagree with.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:19 PM
Maybe in 2019 you can try not responding to and being overly confrontational at every single post you mildly disagree with.

I think you are referring to yourself. I literally just said something similar about how you respond a certain way in the MMA threads but outside of it you're pretty chill.

And I apologize that if you say something completely stupid and disrespectful that is a tired 5 year old "joke", then I'm going to call you out on it. If that's "overly confrontational" then I pray no one steps to you in real life because if you are that offended by something as mild as what I said to you, I can only imagine how soft you are in real life.

So again, calling Cyborg a man is tired. Show some respect for once.

virms
January 2nd, 2018, 2:29 PM
Maybe you two can get a room. :cool:

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:32 PM
Maybe he can shut the fuck up for once.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:34 PM
Maybe you two can get a room. :cool:

Naw I leave the soft boys for the prison showers.

You know I didn't realize how bad Cyborg beat Holm until I saw the post-fight pic of Holly and Bruce Buffer.

Holly Holm imo is one of the best female MMA fighters in the game. I don't give a shit how accurate Amanda Nunes was against the likes of Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey, she would get the same beating but I don't think she'd last as long as Holly. I will say this...Cyborg could be the one who establishes 145. You have to start somewhere. Once upon a time the top BW's in the world were Faber, Jens Pulver, Leonard Garcia, and Mike Thomas Brown. Even then it was the Faber-Pulver fight that really put the division on the map after Faber had spent several years holding it down. Now look, the most popular fighter of all time? A Bantamweight. Dudes moved up, moved down, and I see the same for Cyborg.

You have a lot of women saying they want a piece of Cyborg. Then when the rebuttal is "For real?" And they start up with the excuses. The failed ped test years ago, they maybe have a lingering injury. I don't care if Holly was 10-0 or 0-10, she stepped up and took a beating like the warrior she is.

virms
January 2nd, 2018, 2:34 PM
Well I agree there is no need to call cyborg a man. She has a vagina.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:36 PM
Well I agree there is no need to call cyborg a man. She has a vagina.

Consider the source. You have a guy who I have put my own rep on the line and this is how he repays me. See if I ever back him up for the absurd shit he says about women ever again.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:43 PM
She has more testosterone in her body than all of us combined.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:44 PM
I have put my own rep on the line

:lol:

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 2:52 PM
She has more testosterone in her body than all of us combined.

Maybe more than you but when you've done what you've done to your body it's not hard to understand why that is......

:lol:

See, now you're just trolling ;)

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 2:59 PM
Cyborg is the one who has abused steroids, not me. Incidentally she's also the topic here, not me.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 3:13 PM
Cyborg is the one who has abused steroids, not me. Incidentally she's also the topic here, not me.

Do you know how many threads we have to read you cry about MikeHunt neg repping you? Get over yourself lol.

Your comments about Cyborg have become the topic so I'm basically saying don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. If you're going to talk about how you're not a sexist bigot racist every other post, how about you not act like one toward Cyborg or any other female that doesn't LOOK the way you like?

Considering the amount of love you have for the likes of Weidman, McGregor, I figured you would have zero issues with women looking more masculine than you.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 3:24 PM
I'm not a UFC fighter so I'm not sure why you continue to discuss me.

She doesn't "LOOK the way I like" because years of steroid abuse has given her male features.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 3:30 PM
I'm not a UFC fighter so I'm not sure why you continue to discuss me.

She doesn't "LOOK the way I like" because years of steroid abuse has given her male features.

What proof do you have to back up the years of steroid abuse? I'm not saying she hasn't been I'm just curious how 1 failed test=years?

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 3:46 PM
Far more evidence than you have of me abusing them.

Popping one time doesn't mean the poor girl tried something once and got caught. There was a reason literally nobody was shocked when she failed; be it her remarkably deep voice, jawline, man's butt, muscle mass, take your pick.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 3:52 PM
Far more evidence than you have of me abusing them.

Popping one time doesn't mean the poor girl tried something once and got caught. There was a reason literally nobody was shocked when she failed, be it her remarkably deep voice, jawline, muscle mass... take your pick.

Well yeah no female was even in remotely decent shape including Gina Carano who could barely make 145 herself. So you have this specimen and it's just like with the men. You have people who say the same thing about Jacare, Yoel Romero, and it's more often than not the guys and gals who are not "specimen" level that are getting popped for peds.

Me personally Mark, I'm only coming at you because the comment you made calling her a dude is played out and disrespectful. You want to get all soft and try to play the "stop making this about me and stay on topic" card, have at it. You're a weak little man constantly knocking women and here you are per usual when Cyborg gets brought up. Up until you turned feminine for getting called out on it I would say I'm coming at you like a "friend" but not now, you're too soft.

But yeah, this isn't about you, just your inability to show women respect unless they're fuckable.

Mark Hammer
January 2nd, 2018, 4:00 PM
I respect all the women who were courageous enough to sign up for a beating against a roid freak.

Nash Diesel
January 2nd, 2018, 4:02 PM
I respect all the women who were courageous enough to sign up for a beating against a roid freak.

LMFAO. You're killin' it today Mark!

Percussion
January 2nd, 2018, 7:08 PM
Not entirely new, but I just found it..

https://youtu.be/MU52g_5hDto

..great and funny man, this beareagle.

Spedizzo
January 4th, 2018, 2:52 PM
https://i.redditmedia.com/BMWYKnbdeECvU5Jfk4rqoh-osh5x73GVA22hnT4h2B4.jpg?w=320&
https://i.imgur.com/OFmye4z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wuDIbr9.jpg

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 2:59 PM
Not a roid monster at all.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 3:07 PM
Unlike Sped's lazy ass she actually works out and we're talking about 2 pictures almost 10 years apart. Dude I've seen mugs have solid transformations within 3 months just eating right and working out.

Mik
January 4th, 2018, 5:30 PM
Call her a roid monster all you want, but calling her a man just makes you look like a moron.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 5:33 PM
Ok Nash Diesel.

Mik
January 4th, 2018, 5:36 PM
It’s true. It makes you sound like you’re a child and negates your point. She might well be a roid monster, you don’t know for certain, but that’s your opinion and I can’t argue with it or fault it. But she is not a man. Plain and simple. Continuing to call her it is just cringey, makes you sound like dweeby joe rogan or douchey Dana white.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 5:40 PM
You've put more effort into this than necessary.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 5:41 PM
And yes, I do know for certain.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 5:41 PM
To beat a dead horse....My issue is that Mark, you turn into a little kid about the whole situation. Myself or others will point out that it's fucked up you're saying this, or just people in general....Then you respond like a child by continuing to do so in a real smarmy, disgusting way. Mind you, none of us know what your daughter looks like but I do know what you look like. Would you be cool with me pointing out that flaws in your daughter's physical features?

This isn't 1995. Most of us are above insulting women the way you do and again, it's not even really that you say "She's a steroid cheat and she has manly features because of it!" It's how you act in response to someone calling you out about how disturbing and outdated the comments are toward Cyborg.

Just like now, instead of going "You know I get it, I see why it's a shitty thing to say" You just call Mik "Nash Diesel" Which to Mik is probably just as insulting as me being called the N word lol.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 5:44 PM
Your issue is your inability to respond to something you disagree with without large blocks of text that won't be read.

For the sake of those who're rustled yes I'm aware that she's a biological female. But she's also a science experiment with more testosterone than the average man. Hence my tongue-in-cheek referral to her as a man.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 5:48 PM
Your issue is your inability to respond to something you disagree with without large blocks of text that won't be read.

For the sake of those who're rustled yes I'm aware that she's a biological female. But she's also a science experiment with more testosterone than the average man. Hence my tongue-in-cheek referral to her as a man.

I realized that my posts only look long on cell phones. When you have a 20 inch monitor for your desktop and a 17 inch for a laptop it doesn't look so bad.

Maybe if you read the basics, such as you're a shithead for being a troll about Cyborg....

It's very similar to how you don't really appreciate certain people constantly referring to you as a racist bigot rape apologist or getting neg repped by MikeHunt all the time.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 5:50 PM
Furthermore this was all in direct response to Nash Diesel gloating about how GDR is scared of Cyborg, as if any woman shouldn't be apprehensive about fighting someone that is physically and hormonally comparable to an in-shape man.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 5:52 PM
Furthermore this was all in direct response to Nash Diesel gloating about how GDR is scared of Cyborg, as if any woman shouldn't be apprehensive about fighting someone that is physically and hormonally comparable to an in-shape man.

She was scared. You used 1 excuse when she had several excuses as to why she didn't want to fight Cyborg. But yeah "She's a dude hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!"

You and Sped are very insecure people.

Mik
January 4th, 2018, 6:04 PM
No, your posts are always way longer than they need to be.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 6:09 PM
She was scared. You used 1 excuse when she had several excuses as to why she didn't want to fight Cyborg. But yeah "She's a dude hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!"

You and Sped are very insecure people.

I thought that throwaway line would make you flip your shit and I'm glad it did. You were being silly with your GDR is scared nonsense. Maybe she just wants to fight on a level playing field.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 6:09 PM
No, your posts are always way longer than they need to be.

You have zero room to talk with your literal 9 paragraph posts in the Asylum.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 6:10 PM
I thought that throwaway line would make you flip your shit and I'm glad it did. You were being silly with your GDR is scared nonsense. Maybe she just wants to fight on a level playing field.

Flip my shit? You are hideous with reading tone. Don't let the long "haha" fool you my little snowflake.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 6:12 PM
You've been going on about it like someone who's upset.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 6:18 PM
You've been going on about it like someone who's upset.

What is there to be UPSET about? Calling you out for the way you're coming at Cyborg is just me being a decent person. I'm not upset with you about it, maybe if I didn't know you (around here) then yeah I might but you've been this way for a long time. You and Sped are pretty much the only 2 posters who slight fighters based on their looks and you're really the only person I see saying what you say about Cris Cyborg. I don't hear it from OD50, FB, Mik, myself, etc.

You are making this about you, you say these things to get attention, to get feathers ruffled, and then when you get called out by several people you're even worse in your response. We don't have time to wait for you to get shitfaced and apologize to the masses.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 6:29 PM
Yeah, you're not riled up.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 6:31 PM
About time you took my word for it and stopped telling me how I feel lol.

Seriously, I'm chill, I don't get worked up over stupid shit you say. That's just you still trying to think you're this super important poster, you're just average my friend and that's a good thing. I don't need you trying to step up and be the next Peter Griffin.

Mark Hammer
January 4th, 2018, 6:32 PM
:zzz:

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2018, 6:53 PM
:zzz:

I didn't know you made a emoji of yourself after trying to Mangana me.

Nash Diesel
January 5th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Cyborg posted a super long blog about her next potential fight. But it was more than just that. Read it if you want and chime in.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-champ-cris-cyborg-shoots-down-dana-white-amanda-nunes-showdown

I was 50/50 on it. On one hand, I get exactly where she's coming from about the integrity of rankings but on the other, the practice the UFC are using is nothing new for them even after selling the company. Bam Bam Sorensen v. Cris Cyborg is not going to get 145, or just WMMA in general poppin like the 135 champ v. the 145 champ. Again, I respect the integrity aspect but all that other shit in the article just seemed long-winded even for me.