PDA

View Full Version : Search Limitation

Reech
March 28th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Hey,

Are we still in danger of DDoS' and needing a 60 second delay for searches? Is there room to reduce that down a bit (to say 30?)?

I spend a ton of time doing searches for RFF and the delay is quite annoying.

If it's still to protect us, then no worry, just thought I'd ask.

Ta,

Hero!
March 28th, 2017, 2:08 PM
Can we also lower the search term requirement from 4-letter words down to 3-letter words? It can be hard to find things in the w-forum when most wrestling promotions have 3-letter names.

LOCONUT
March 28th, 2017, 5:03 PM
If you put an asterisk in your search as the 4th letter it helps. I'll have a look at the search parameters tonight but need to confirm with the big guy that he is comfortable changing things.

Rajah
March 28th, 2017, 7:50 PM
We can try putting the time between searches to 30 seconds but if it has an adverse affect on the server, we'll have to move it back to 60 seconds. The four letters down to three should be okay, assuming there is an option for that.

LOCONUT
March 28th, 2017, 9:34 PM
Ok I have changed the search frequency to 30 seconds. Hopefully nothing explodes.

There doesn't appear to be a way to change the character limit but I will check again from my laptop when I'm home.

Reech
March 29th, 2017, 5:22 AM
That's amazing.

Yeah, feel free to change it back if necessary, I know it was a change required to protect us.

turdpower
April 3rd, 2017, 8:33 PM
The search not meeting the criteria and then requiring a wait is annoying as hell.

I brought this up years ago and Aussie Outlaw gave me an example involving bananas in a supermarket which made no sense. If the search doesn't meet the criteria surely it doesn't need to wait because it hasn't "searched"?