PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pro Wrestling World (PS4/Steam)

Hero!
March 2nd, 2017, 10:43 PM
https://youtu.be/kTjfkQlql2g

Yeah baby, it's back!

Beer-Belly
March 2nd, 2017, 11:40 PM
FUCK. YES.

Will this be available in the US, though?

Beefy
March 3rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Even if it doesn't make retail in the US you'll be able to get it from the Japanese store on the PS4.

RuneEdge
March 3rd, 2017, 12:39 PM
:hyper:
Love me some Fire Pro.

Psycho666Soldier
March 3rd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Stoked about this. I'm most excited to see all the generic versions of today's wrestlers.

Nash Diesel
March 3rd, 2017, 12:56 PM
I can't wait to tell my son. To this day we still play Fire Pro for the PS2. I have the disc on PS2 and the download from the PS Network on the PS3. It always crashes on the PS2 though, not sure if it's because my son creates a shit ton of wrestlers all the time or what lol. But yeah man, we've been playing that version religiously for God know's how many years. Just a fun game all around, kind of hard but still very fun.

Nash Diesel
March 3rd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Stoked about this. I'm most excited to see all the generic versions of today's wrestlers.

I know you're ready for Hawk Lambrose and Forman James! Or my favorite, Braze Fesner.

The_Mike
March 10th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Apparently this will have Steam Workshop support, so I'm hoping it'll allow for pretty extensive mods and a billion different wrestlers. Also, pretty sure it'll have naked wrestling before it gets a complete TNA roster.

LOCONUT
March 10th, 2017, 1:05 PM
Apparently this will have Steam Workshop support, so I'm hoping it'll allow for pretty extensive mods and a billion different wrestlers. Also, pretty sure it'll have naked wrestling before it gets a complete TNA roster.

Where have you been!

Badger
March 10th, 2017, 2:57 PM

Welcome back!

The_Mike
March 10th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Where have you been!

I checked out of wrestling when Goldberg came back and pretty much everything else when I realised every conversation I had seemed to be an argument about whether anyone had read the actual words I actually typed. I'm still kinda burnt out, but I was missing wrestling a bit and watched some Lucha Underground last night, then decided I might as well pop on here and the first thing I saw was this thread posted by a Big Damn Hero.

Well, perhaps not so big. But seriously, I'm really glad to have found it. I'm pretty excited by the prospect of an online Fire Pro. I can envision a Rajah fed streaming over Twitch, with GBF providing silky-smooth play-by-play, and Badger adding colour commentary, and Mark Hammer losing to a Ronda Rousey CAW in thirteen seconds.

Mark Hammer
March 11th, 2017, 1:08 AM
Welcome back Mike, do you still get legitimately heated over friendly banter?

Matthew
March 11th, 2017, 2:05 AM
iron knee

Simon
March 11th, 2017, 9:06 AM
I checked out of wrestling when Goldberg came back and pretty much everything else when I realised every conversation I had seemed to be an argument about whether anyone had read the actual words I actually typed. I'm still kinda burnt out, but I was missing wrestling a bit and watched some Lucha Underground last night, then decided I might as well pop on here and the first thing I saw was this thread posted by a Big Damn Hero.

Well, perhaps not so big. But seriously, I'm really glad to have found it. I'm pretty excited by the prospect of an online Fire Pro. I can envision a Rajah fed streaming over Twitch, with GBF providing silky-smooth play-by-play, and Badger adding colour commentary, and Mark Hammer losing to a Ronda Rousey CAW in thirteen seconds.

Welcome back big man!

Morrison
July 7th, 2017, 3:58 PM
so apparently this goes into early access on steam in three days on july 10th for $19.99.

early access details (http://steamcommunity.com/games/564230/announcements/detail/1265920871262220632" target="_blank" rel="noopener)

only 1 v 1 human games will be available over online play when the game first launches. i imagine they want to see how servers and connections do before upping the character count. pretty decent base to start with, and it being early access is nice if they manage to steadily update it following fan feedback. workshop support for all the creation suite stuff is lovely.

RuneEdge
July 7th, 2017, 4:50 PM
Considering how the Fire Pro series works, and the nature of its grappling system, online latency is going to be a real game breaker. Let's hope things work out OK.

Besides that, the early access seems to be pretty much the whole game minus some sort of career mode or whatever, which is decent. I'll definitely be getting this. Looking forward to the CAWs like most people. That and all the new moves.

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/28002792/8a3d4deb06e45bacc050d43186f46de83ec4cbb5.gif

:yes:

Morrison
July 10th, 2017, 10:04 PM
game is available now on steam. big launch stream happening on twitch.

http://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

these guys play a bunch of wrestling games, so even outside this particular stream theyre worth following.

The Rick
September 19th, 2017, 3:44 PM
Playing a bit of this on Steam, but I'll be happier when it's on console release. I even shelled out for the 8-bitdo controller to play on Steam. Just not the same. I will never EVER be part of the "master race".

Morrison
September 19th, 2017, 5:11 PM
Playing a bit of this on Steam, but I'll be happier when it's on console release. I even shelled out for the 8-bitdo controller to play on Steam. Just not the same. I will never EVER be part of the "master race".

you can play with an xbox or ps4 controller.

The Rick
September 27th, 2017, 4:12 PM
you can play with an xbox or ps4 controller.

Tried using my ps4 controller, and there was some wierd lag. Don't know what I did wrong. I could compensate for it, but it was damned annoying.

Still like the game, but I've loved Fire Pro since GBA.

Morrison
September 27th, 2017, 5:02 PM
Tried using my ps4 controller, and there was some wierd lag. Don't know what I did wrong. I could compensate for it, but it was damned annoying.

Still like the game, but I've loved Fire Pro since GBA.
did you connect it with bluetooth or via usb?

The Rick
September 28th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Usb. Using DS4Windows, dunno. the 8bitdo works without a client or any lag.

The Rick
March 17th, 2019, 8:21 PM
Fire Promoter is working now. Stevie Richards is even playing it!

https://youtu.be/vgQxR8GbcQo

The Rick
March 18th, 2019, 10:00 PM
It takes a while to get used to the promoter mode. When you make a match and finalize it, you cannot change any of it. So if you're playing make sure you know what you're doing, are sure of the match types, of the title matches, and where they're at on the card. So many things can screw you in this game. If you put the wrong style of wrestler and a match style he does not like they can know show your event, and you are playing screwed. The game does not allow you to reschedule a new match, nor does it allow you to piece together two matches if you've lost multiple people which is kind of bullshit. You can spend yourself into the red really easily in this game, and your first couple months you're probably going to outspend what you bring in.

The promoter mode lacks some of the features that I miss in the Smackdown versus Raw series, but this is really fun in its own right. If you miss the the manager mode in SmackDown versus Raw, you might be very happy with this.

Btw: your wrestlers can get injured, signed away, retire, and get arrested. Miguel from DFW got popped for domestic violence. Suffice to say he is black balled with my company GPW(the name the game starts you with).