PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball - Weekly League

Pages : [1] 2

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I want to gauge interest in a weekly fantasy baseball league (i.e. you only need to set your lineup on Sunday and then it's locked for the week). If we get enough interest I'll set up the league. If not, no worries.

TimeSplitter
February 17th, 2017, 10:13 AM
I'm interested. Yahoo and ESPN look like the best options. mlb.com is a bit clunky.

virms
February 17th, 2017, 10:20 AM
I'll join in that.

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I'm interested. Yahoo and ESPN look like the best options. mlb.com is a bit clunky.

ESPN would definitely be my preference.

Cewsh
February 17th, 2017, 12:55 PM
As long as it's not on Yahoo, i'm definitely in.

MTR
February 17th, 2017, 12:57 PM
You can count me in. I don't care which site. I have done leagues on both.

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 1:03 PM
cool so we're halfway there. in regard to rosters, for weekly leagues I like to have an expanded starting roster and small bench so there aren't good players sitting on your bench all week. for scoring, I'm a fan of head-to-head but I'm open to suggestion. I'm not looking to make this a cash league in case anyone was wondering, just for fun.

1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virm
4. Cewsh
5. MTR

Cewsh
February 17th, 2017, 1:05 PM
I like head to head. Roto leagues always lose players by the end.

MTR
February 17th, 2017, 1:20 PM
I hate roto leagues.

Expanded roster is fine with me.

I am not too picky on the categories used.

TimeSplitter
February 17th, 2017, 1:55 PM
Head to Head sounds good, and I agree about expanded rosters.

LOCONUT
February 17th, 2017, 1:56 PM
I'm a yahoo guy.

Kneeneighbor
February 17th, 2017, 2:03 PM
Ill play

Cewsh
February 17th, 2017, 2:36 PM
I'm a yahoo guy.It's the RC Cola of fantasy sites.

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 2:48 PM
I will set this up tonight. I'm just remembering all the stat replacements I used to use:

AVG is so antiquated that we used to use OPS. But I propose we use OBP. I always used to suggest that and no one wanted to do it though.

Wins also antiquated so I would use quality starts but I could go either way on that one.

TimeSplitter
February 17th, 2017, 3:05 PM
Can we hold off on the draft until much later in spring training?

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 3:16 PM
draft starts in 4 hours, be there or you're out of the league.

MTR
February 17th, 2017, 3:25 PM
I am fine with either wins or quality starts. I am not sure one is really that much better than the other. Definitely like using something besides average.

MTR
February 17th, 2017, 3:26 PM
I'm a yahoo guy.

You're a pain in the ass.

Honey_Badger
February 17th, 2017, 3:28 PM
I AM IN. That means, count me in. :)

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 3:36 PM
1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virm
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. GBF
7. Knee
8. Honey_Badger

Can we hold off on the draft until much later in spring training?

Yea later is better. We will aim to do it one of the closest weekends before opening day.

Cewsh
February 17th, 2017, 4:22 PM
I hate quality starts, but I have always like K/9 as a category. Makes it more fun to guess on young flame throwers.

Cewsh
February 17th, 2017, 4:23 PM
OBP could be fun. Let's do it

Honey_Badger
February 17th, 2017, 4:26 PM
I vote for ESPN. I also like head to head.

Also, will there be prizes with this? I vote for a $40 - $50 buy in, winner takes $400, second place gets either $80 or $200 depending on the buy in. Something like that. Hell, even if we did $20 and winner takes $200, second gets money back. I have just always found that the only way to maintain interest in these leagues, especially baseball, is to involve money. If not, you always have 4-6 guys going strong and the rest checked out by August.

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 4:49 PM
I hate quality starts, but I have always like K/9 as a category. Makes it more fun to guess on young flame throwers.

You would have K/9 replace strikeouts as a category, right? Having both would be nutty. I don't think I'm in favor of K/9 though. I mean, if a guy throws a complete game shutout and only strikes out 4, kinda stinks to have that be a major negative in one category. So I'll probably stick with just total K's.

I vote for ESPN. I also like head to head.

Also, will there be prizes with this? I vote for a $40 - $50 buy in, winner takes $400, second place gets either $80 or $200 depending on the buy in. Something like that. Hell, even if we did $20 and winner takes $200, second gets money back. I have just always found that the only way to maintain interest in these leagues, especially baseball, is to involve money. If not, you always have 4-6 guys going strong and the rest checked out by August.

I already said no buy-in. I'm not necessarily opposed to it but I don't really want to deal with collecting payments and all that. With this being a weekly league, hopefully people maintain interest because unlike a daily league it doesn't consume lots of your life.

I think if people want a cash baseball league, you could propose that separately or maybe the VIP league would consider it.

Honey_Badger
February 17th, 2017, 5:28 PM
It's cool. I was just giving my two cents. I am in no matter what we decide. Your world man, I'm just living in it. :)

hithit
February 17th, 2017, 5:32 PM
I'm in

Fro
February 17th, 2017, 9:12 PM
This is what I'm thinking for roster. Basically it's just an extra IF, and extra OF, 10 total pitching slots, and only 2 bench spots. To be honest since I haven't played fantasy baseball in a few years I don't even know what a standard roster is anymore so let me know your thoughts. This is an intentionally bigger roster since you can't rotate your starting pitchers/bench players in based on who's playing each day. But I didn't want to make it too big and have our draft last 3 hours.

C Catcher
1B First Base
2B Second Base
3B Third Base
SS Shortstop
IF Infielder
LF Left Field
CF Center Field
RF Right Field
OF Outfield
UTIL Utility
P Pitcher
P Pitcher
P Pitcher
SP Starting Pitcher
SP Starting Pitcher
SP Starting Pitcher
SP Starting Pitcher
SP Starting Pitcher
RP Relief Pitcher
RP Relief Pitcher
BE Bench
BE Bench
DL Disabled List
DL Disabled List

Also, PM me your email and I'll invite you to the ESPN league.

LOCONUT
February 18th, 2017, 6:10 AM
Sorry gents, I am out this time.

Fro
February 21st, 2017, 2:31 PM
1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virm
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. hithit
7. Knee
8. Honey_Badger

send me your emails for the invite. Me, MTR, TS and Cewsh are already registered.

virms
February 22nd, 2017, 10:47 PM
Fro do you still have my email or do I need to send it again?

Fro
February 22nd, 2017, 10:56 PM
send it again

virms
February 22nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Unbelievable.

Fro
February 22nd, 2017, 11:58 PM
invites sent to all 8 people who signed up so far... still need 2 more.

check the settings and let me know your thoughts. also how's this for a draft

Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM ET

virms
February 23rd, 2017, 1:02 AM
Can we do it at 2:59 instead of 3?

Fro
February 24th, 2017, 10:18 AM
bump

Still need 2 more players (we have 8 currently).
Knee and hithit still need to join the ESPN league.
Draft is set for Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM ET - speak up if this doesn't work. Opening day is Sunday April 2 (one week later).
Look at the settings and let me know if you want to change anything.

Kneeneighbor
February 24th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Sorry I thought I had registered, Apparently I still had one more button to push. I am in now.

hithit
February 24th, 2017, 8:37 PM
Finally joined. Got busy and forgot yesterday

Cewsh
February 25th, 2017, 1:38 AM
Can we get anybody from the VIP in here? Torn and Frosty are usually game

Fro
February 25th, 2017, 11:25 PM
settings:

Batting
Home Runs (HR)
Runs Scored (R)
Runs Batted In (RBI)
Stolen Bases (SB)
On Base Pct (OBP)

Pitching
Earned Run Average (ERA)*
Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched (WHIP)*
Strikeouts (K)
Saves (SV)
Quality Starts (QS)
*Minimum 18 IP

Schedule
18 week season (Playoffs start Week 19)
Playoff teams: 4
2 weeks per round

1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virm
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. hithit
7. Knee
8. Honey_Badger

Cewsh
February 26th, 2017, 12:01 AM
Quality Start is 6 innings, right?

Fro
February 26th, 2017, 12:08 AM
yea, 6+ innings and 3 or fewer runs

last year's QS leaders:

Verlander, 27
Lester, 26
Scherzer, 26
Porcello, 26
Bumgarner, 25

Kdestiny
March 3rd, 2017, 3:57 AM
I'm in.

Haven't done fantasy baseball for years, mostly because I'm the only one still doing the usual daily league

Fro
March 3rd, 2017, 9:40 AM
1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virm
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. hithit
7. Knee
8. Honey_Badger
9. kdestiny

just need one more player

virms
March 4th, 2017, 1:34 PM
If I get time I will try to help and track one down. Stupid Judas might be a good option to try.

Fro
March 10th, 2017, 12:09 PM
bump - still need one more player!

Draft is set for Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 3:00 PM ET

Honey_Badger
March 10th, 2017, 12:11 PM
COME ON PEOPLE... BASEBALL SEASON IS IN FULL EFFECT!!!

virms
March 12th, 2017, 6:51 PM
I sent out some reps to hopefully get 1 more person in here.

Fro
March 13th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Since I've received no feedback on the draft date/time I assume everyone is good with it.

I tend to default to weekend draft because, at least in the NFL fantasy league, about half the people are international so in terms of time zones it's nearly impossible to do it on a week night after work. But looks like this group is a little more America-centric. But yea, last chance to speak up. Also last chance if you have any thoughts on scoring/settings.

BigAl
March 13th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I saw your rep, Virm, but I can't. Thanks though.

MTR
March 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Settings look fine to me.

Draft is fine. I may or may not be able to do it. I can always prerank or whatever.

TimeSplitter
March 17th, 2017, 9:42 AM
Everything aside from needing one more person is fine with me.

Fro
March 21st, 2017, 1:20 PM
If we don't find another player, we can either roll with 9 and have 1 team get a bye week, or boot someone and roll with 8. I can't seem to make the league public so that a stranger would join to fill the spot.

Honey_Badger
March 21st, 2017, 2:37 PM
Dumb to kick someone out.

Just give someone a weekly bye.

In a long season, that is not going to be an issue. I will be more than happy to have a relaxing bye once in a while.

That said, if we roll with 9, I hope I get pick 9 and 10. :)

Harper and Rizzo, here I come.

Fro
March 21st, 2017, 2:54 PM
yea I agree, having a bye week isn't so bad. I have the schedule set to 18 weeks so each team would get 2 byes and play each team twice - a perfectly balanced schedule.

Either way the draft will go on as scheduled this Sunday at 3 eastern barring any last minute requests to move it an hour or two one way or another

TimeSplitter
March 21st, 2017, 2:59 PM
Draft time is still good for me. I'm open to either 9 or 10 teams.

Honey_Badger
March 21st, 2017, 3:59 PM
Draft time is perfect for me.

Fro
March 21st, 2017, 6:59 PM
2 or 3 bench spots?

virms
March 21st, 2017, 7:15 PM
Dumb to kick someone out.

Just give someone a weekly bye.

In a long season, that is not going to be an issue. I will be more than happy to have a relaxing bye once in a while.

That said, if we roll with 9, I hope I get pick 9 and 10. :)

Harper and Rizzo, here I come.

I already have it in my contract I get to draft the cubs line up.

virms
March 21st, 2017, 7:15 PM
2 or 3 bench spots?

3 for me and 1 for everyone else.

virms
March 25th, 2017, 2:29 PM
We still on for tomorrow chowda heads

Fro
March 25th, 2017, 2:38 PM
Yes. I'm going to send out PMs to everyone now as a reminder.

Draft is tomorrow at 3pm eastern (so just over 24 hours from now). The time will not be changed. BE THERE.

TimeSplitter
March 26th, 2017, 1:50 PM
Just an hour away. Let's do this.

Fro
March 26th, 2017, 2:11 PM
I haven't played fantasy baseball in a few years and I've done no research so this should be fun. The draft order has been randomly set:

1. Fro
2. Cewsh
3. Team S
4. Knee
5. TS
6. HB
7. Team huettl
8. Sikeston Rebels
9. Team Doss

idk who's who for some of the teams

btw I added a 3rd bench spot. I figure since we have a small league (9 players) it's good to add another bench spot so the free agent pool isn't too strong.

Fro
March 26th, 2017, 2:18 PM
DRAFT IS OPEN NOW (doesn't start for 42 minutes though).

For some reason I don't see a link to join the draft on the main league page but if you click on "MY TEAM" there's a link in there.

virms
March 26th, 2017, 5:09 PM
So thoughts anyone? How do you feel about your team?

Kdestiny
March 26th, 2017, 5:13 PM
Feeling pretty good about my team. Wanted better starters on the corners but I have some good infielders overall to go at multiple positions.

virms
March 26th, 2017, 5:33 PM
I went a bit heavy on outfielders which is something I will need to correct down the line.

Fro
March 26th, 2017, 5:38 PM
My team is savage. I don't have a single offensive player who had less than 20 HRs last year. I'm weak on steals but that's okay.

Cewsh
March 26th, 2017, 7:13 PM
Aww, yeah. Get ready for some trade offers, mofos.

TimeSplitter
March 26th, 2017, 8:23 PM
Really pleased with my team. Only one time did I guy I want get picked right before.

Fro
March 27th, 2017, 11:57 AM
We ended up with 5 out of 9 players attending the draft which was pretty solid for a free league.

A quick summary of the schedule. We have 9 teams and it's an 18 week regular season which means everyone plays everyone twice and gets 2 bye weeks. Here is the bye week rotation:

1. virm
2. Cewsh
3. Fro
4. kdestiny
5. TimeSplitter
6. hithit
7. Honey Badger
8. Knee
9. MTR

The top 4 teams make the playoffs and each playoff matchup lasts 2 weeks (so the playoffs will last 4 weeks total). The finals will end on September 10th so that's about 3 weeks prior to the end of the MLB regular season.

MTR
March 27th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Sorry I couldn't be there for the draft. Been years since I have been able to free myself up for a draft. :(

I will be checking out my team and such here in a bit.

virms
March 27th, 2017, 6:15 PM
1. virm
2. Cewsh
3. Fro
4. kdestiny
5. TimeSplitter
6. hithit
7. Honey Badger
8. Knee
9. MTR

I agree fro, this is the rankings I had for the league as well. :shifty:

Honey_Badger
March 29th, 2017, 8:04 AM
Pretty butt hurt I couldn't make the draft. My wife was sick, so I was stuck watching the kid alone, which led to complete forgetfulness on my behalf.

That said, I am pretty bummed out about my pitching rotation. If anyone is interested, I am willing to trade Goldschmidt (1B) away for a quality pitcher and a replacement at first.

Honey_Badger
March 30th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Following trade was proposed, just FYI, and I am not sure who I proposed it with, but I want to make it known here.

Receive Jose Abreu, CWS 1B from E2 to Bench
Receive Chris Sale, Bos SP from E2 to Bench
Send Paul Goldschmidt, Ari 1B from 1B to E2
Send Rich Hill, LAD SP from SP to E2
Proposed by Honey Badger (Rodney Moore), Mar 30, 11:59 AM (ET)
Trade offer expires at approximately Apr 1, 11:59 AM (ET)

virms
March 30th, 2017, 7:21 PM
I seen the email I have just been swamped at work so I haven't had a chance to look at it and check things out.

Honey_Badger
March 30th, 2017, 8:08 PM
Cool

Cewsh
March 30th, 2017, 8:16 PM
Yeah, don't accept that offer, Virm. It's madness.

Kdestiny
March 30th, 2017, 8:26 PM
Yeah, don't accept that offer, Virm. It's madness.

I wasn't going to say anything since its virm but...

Honey_Badger
March 30th, 2017, 9:55 PM
I don't know enough about fantasy baseball to know if it's madness or not. This is my first season playing. I just know one thing: my pitching sucks. I know Goldy is a top 10 offensive player, while Sale is a top 10 pitcher, so it seemed fair on paper.

Cewsh
March 31st, 2017, 12:12 AM
I don't believe you.

Watching you, Honey Badger.

Cewsh
March 31st, 2017, 12:43 AM
Made you a fair offer for Goldschmidt, amigo.

Honey_Badger
March 31st, 2017, 6:37 AM
I don't believe you.

Watching you, Honey Badger.

:cry:

Made you a fair offer for Goldschmidt, amigo.

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks man.

Cewsh
March 31st, 2017, 11:45 AM
Pomeranz went on the DL, so I made a new offer that was more fair to you.

Fro
April 5th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I know we're only 3 days in but my team might be amazing. Currently leading the league (not just my matchup) in runs, home runs, RBIs, OBP, strikeouts, quality starts and tied for 1st in saves.

Already booking my flights for the playoffs.

virms
April 5th, 2017, 2:11 PM
It's my bye week so keep it in your pants.

Kneeneighbor
April 5th, 2017, 2:12 PM
I have yo get used to the weekly setting. I came on on Monday to make a few moves with my DL guys and realized they were locked for the week.

Fro
April 5th, 2017, 2:27 PM
Yea I am getting used to the weekly format too in terms of how ESPN lets you maneuver your roster. Some basics things I've learned that are good to know:

Rosters lock early on Mondays, I believe at the start time of the first game of the day (even if none of your players are in that game). This week was the exception - it started on Sunday since that was opening day. After that point you can only change your roster for the following week (by clicking on Matchup 2, Matchup 3, etc in your roster screen). You can also put guys on the DL for the following week which enables you to pick up a new player mid-week. Click "Manage DL" at the top of the screen to move guys on or off the DL. Of course the new player you add won't show up on your current week roster, only for the following week.

Like you Knee, I had a situation where Matz wasn't officially put on the DL by the Mets until after the first opening day game had started so I wasn't able to free up a roster spot in time for week 1. But unlike you, I at least had him on my bench and not in my starting lineup.

It was an awkward start for weekly leagues because teams seemingly waited for the last moment to put many players on the DL.

Honey_Badger
April 10th, 2017, 9:17 AM
Pretty happy with my first week. I made some moves today, dropping a 60-day DL pitcher and adding 2 quality pitchers, both whom showed progress in week 1. I hope it pays off. How's everyone enjoying this format so far? I like it.

Fro
April 10th, 2017, 9:47 AM
Yea I like it. I'm glad to be playing fantasy baseball again in general. Weekly rosters are the perfect level of maintenance (for me at least), granted there are some drawbacks like if one of your starters hits the DL early in the week, or in my case this week Xander Bogaerts went on the bereavement list. So bad timing could hurt you like that but it is what it is. Same thing could happen with fantasy football if your starter gets hurt in the first quarter.

Honey_Badger
April 10th, 2017, 9:50 AM
Yeah. I have Beltre on the Dl, and there is no return date, even though he is eligible to come off. So, it's a catch 22, do I start him and risk it, or just leave him on the bench?

Kneeneighbor
April 10th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I know we're only 3 days in but my team might be amazing. Currently leading the league (not just my matchup) in runs, home runs, RBIs, OBP, strikeouts, quality starts and tied for 1st in saves.

Already booking my flights for the playoffs.

Your domination was reigned back in later in the week as you only managed a 6-4 victory over the lowly Brooklyn Brawlers who started 2 guys on the DL.

MTR
April 10th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Ugh. Forgot to check on this yesterday. I am already sucking at checking on all three of my teams this season. I need to go do that during lunch.

Honey_Badger
April 10th, 2017, 2:44 PM
Michael Pineda is quietly tossing a no hitter, with 9 K's through 6 innings in NY.

Kneeneighbor
April 10th, 2017, 3:20 PM
Small complaint but I think next year we need to do something like on base plus slugging instead of OBP. I dont like that a 2B counts the same as a BB if the teammates dont drive the guy in.

EDIT: Or I guess you could leave OBP and replace HR with Slug. That way a HR is still valuable in Slug, RBI, R categories.

Fro
April 10th, 2017, 3:38 PM
Small complaint but I think next year we need to do something like on base plus slugging instead of OBP. I dont like that a 2B counts the same as a BB if the teammates dont drive the guy in.

EDIT: Or I guess you could leave OBP and replace HR with Slug. That way a HR is still valuable in Slug, RBI, R categories.

Yea, I feel ya. In pretty much every other Fantasy Baseball league I have run on here (which was mainly the BG league), we used OPS as our substitute for AVG. I wanted to do something different here and go with OBP. I think they are both fine and would be open to switching to OPS next year if people prefer.

You had a nice comeback over the last few days to get our matchup to 6-4-0 btw. Given that you had a few starters on the DL all week, that's a pretty good result for you.

Kneeneighbor
April 10th, 2017, 4:36 PM
I know there is no perfect solution to the categories with out choosing 50 of them.

It was just one thing that bugged me.

Kneeneighbor
April 16th, 2017, 9:38 PM
Nice little week for the Brooklyn Brawlers.

Honey_Badger
April 21st, 2017, 2:32 PM
Yo.

How is everyone?

I am putting Paul Goldschmidt on the trading block.

I'm looking for a SP, 3B or OF.

Any interest, PM me or send me an offer.

Fro
April 21st, 2017, 2:58 PM
I'm interested.

Cewsh
April 21st, 2017, 3:19 PM
As am I. Sent you an offer with a SP and a 3B. Feel free to counter offer as well.

Honey_Badger
April 21st, 2017, 3:43 PM
Cewsh and Fro, I love you both, and I sat here for about 30 minutes playing with trade offers. I just couldn't find anything I liked. I do, on the other hand, LOVE the upside of Christian Yelich and was able to land a 1B back in the process with Danger Zone. Trade accepted. Yelich is quietly one of my favorite players in the game right now. Not sure if anyone saw this kid in the 2017 WBC, but damn, he is a stud.

Kdestiny
April 21st, 2017, 3:48 PM
I'm pretty well off at OF so glad I could be of service

Cewsh
April 21st, 2017, 3:53 PM
You gave up wayyyyy too much, bro. I hope it works out for you.

Honey_Badger
April 21st, 2017, 3:54 PM
Yeah, Goldy is great, don't get me wrong. I just don't get excited watching him play. In a free league, I want someone I can get behind and I feel can lead my team. I love Freddie Freeman, so slotting him in at 1st is no issue for me. Landing Yelich is great.

Honey_Badger
April 21st, 2017, 3:54 PM
You gave up wayyyyy too much, bro. I hope it works out for you.

Who gave up too much, me?

Cewsh
April 21st, 2017, 3:57 PM
Who gave up too much, me?Goldy is a top 10, possibly top 5, player overall in this format. He gets on base amazingly well and produces in every category without many strikeouts. Justin Upton is a guy with a lot of potential who hits for 30 homer power with relatively low strikeout downside, though he doesn't walk much. Christian Yelich is comparable to Upton, and Encarnacion is great, but super old, not having a great start to the year, and has never produced like Goldy does. Hopefully Yellich kicks ass for you, but you could have gotten a king's ransom for Goldy without giving up a second player.

Cewsh
April 21st, 2017, 3:58 PM
Honestly, if you had pushed me, I may have given up Max Scherzer AND Jake Lamb for him.

Honey_Badger
April 21st, 2017, 4:19 PM
Yeah, I looked at that but it didn't pan out well on paper. I fail to gain another OF stud I was looking for. You would be stuck rotating 3 potential top 10 1B's on the season. It didn't seem to benefit either team. I thought about offering you Goldy and Upton for Lamb, Thames and Scherzer, but wasn't sure if you'd go for it...

Cewsh
April 21st, 2017, 5:02 PM
Yeah, I looked at that but it didn't pan out well on paper. I fail to gain another OF stud I was looking for. You would be stuck rotating 3 potential top 10 1B's on the season. It didn't seem to benefit either team. I thought about offering you Goldy and Upton for Lamb, Thames and Scherzer, but wasn't sure if you'd go for it...Well no, that would be too much until Thames cools off. But you didn't ask for just an OF, or I would have changed the offer. ;)

Honey_Badger
May 4th, 2017, 8:46 AM
Who owns Carlos Correa?

Cewsh - How do you feel about Jean Segura?

Cewsh
May 4th, 2017, 11:04 AM
He's for sale.

Kdestiny
May 4th, 2017, 11:05 AM
If anyone has a pitcher they are willing to part with, I'm open to offers. Syndergaard being out for a while puts a wrench into things for me

Honey_Badger
May 4th, 2017, 1:55 PM
Sent you both a message...

hithit
May 4th, 2017, 5:10 PM
Anyone need a SS? Willing to trade Machado or Lindor if the offer is right

hithit
May 4th, 2017, 5:24 PM
Double post

Honey_Badger
May 4th, 2017, 8:30 PM
I'm listening. Look at my team. Lester?

Honey_Badger
May 5th, 2017, 1:59 PM
Last shot here; I am looking for a SS. I am willing to trade anyone except for Freeman, Yelich or Blackmon, unless I get something in return of lesser, but equal value, with the SS included.

I am really eyeing Segura, but Cewsh and I couldn't come to terms.

I sent out a trade for Correa, but there was no response.

I also sent out trades to hit hit and kdestiny, both rejected, which is expected, but if you'd like to counter offer I am all ears.

Kneeneighbor
May 5th, 2017, 2:04 PM
You made a proposal to me at 845. Sorry, I do not log on before breakfast and negotiate trades.

Honey_Badger
May 5th, 2017, 2:14 PM
That's fine, was just saying I haven't heard back, did not mean for that to come off harsh, LOL.

TimeSplitter
May 5th, 2017, 2:15 PM
Yoenis needs to come back.

Kneeneighbor
May 5th, 2017, 2:17 PM
That's fine, was just saying I haven't heard back, did not mean for that to come off harsh, LOL.

I wasnt trying to be harsh either. And I also eat breakfast before 845.

I will do a deal for him. Let me see what you have.

Honey_Badger
May 5th, 2017, 3:50 PM
Sent you something in return... let me know what you think.

hithit
May 6th, 2017, 1:58 AM
HB, I don't see a fit for a trade.

Honey_Badger
May 8th, 2017, 8:54 AM
Thanks for the trade, Knee. I needed a SS, bad.

I am enjoying this league so far!

Fro
May 8th, 2017, 6:39 PM
Yeah I'm enjoying it as well. Glad to be back on fantasy baseball. And I like the features of ESPN related to the weekly rosters, like how they show you how many games each player has during the matchup and for pitchers, which days they are probable to start.

For instance although I'm loving my free agent pick up of Braves CF Ender Inciarte who has been on fire, I decided to sit him this week for the struggling but maybe heating up Mark Trumbo since Inciarte has 5 games on the schedule and Trumbo has 7.

Honey_Badger
May 9th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I sat Kemp, who is hot right now, in favor of C Gonzalez, who is cold, just because Gonz has 7 games, and Kemp only has 5. More opportunity to make something happen.

Kneeneighbor
May 14th, 2017, 11:11 PM
I was up 9-1 going into today. Just looked and I lost 4-6. I fucking quit.

Kdestiny
May 14th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I was up 9-1 going into today. Just looked and I lost 4-6. I fucking quit.

Holy shit really?

Fabulous!

Fro
May 24th, 2017, 9:52 AM
I like how hithit is going 6 relief pitchers deep in his starting lineup (plus he has 2 on the DL). He leads the league in saves by a whopping 19 (he has 50, HB is next with 31) while being last in strikeouts and quality starts. Bold strategy.

Cewsh
May 24th, 2017, 6:13 PM
He always does that. Every year.

I think you CAN win that way, but man closers are so volatile. Makes me anxious.

hithit
May 25th, 2017, 4:51 PM
i just like the fact that if my closers do the job right i should win saves, era, and whip. granted, that strategy rarely pays off, but if you dont get a top starter you're fucked, and i didn't get a top starter, so i felt this was the way to go.

Fro
May 25th, 2017, 9:29 PM
You'll lock up the saves stat but I'm not so sure about ERA and WHIP. Sure it could work out that way but with fewer innings pitched you'll also be far more affected if one of your starters has a bad week. Doesn't seem worth it since you're sacrificing QS and strikeouts.

But yea you didn't draft a starter until the 13th round so just go with it I guess. Your salvation should theoretically come on the offensive side since you drafted position players with your top 6 picks.

Torn
May 25th, 2017, 9:38 PM
He's done this strategy for like 7 years man I don't think he needs a lecture on how to play

Fro
May 25th, 2017, 9:42 PM
does it ever work?

Torn
May 25th, 2017, 9:45 PM
He's won a championship yes

hithit
May 25th, 2017, 9:48 PM
Yea, I've won the vip league and a cash league doing it.

Fro
May 25th, 2017, 9:50 PM
Interesting. He himself said it rarely pays off. I'm not trying to lecture him so much as understand the strategy since it's unusual. A few of the relief pitchers he's starting aren't even closers.

hithit
May 25th, 2017, 9:53 PM
But it has paid off. It sure looks like you are lecturing.

Fro
May 25th, 2017, 10:25 PM
If it's your preferential strategy feel free to stand by it. In one post you're telling me it rarely pays off and you only did it because you missed out on starters, and in the next you're telling me you won multiple championships off it and it does pay off, while others are chiming in that you employ this tactic every year. So hey, if your strategy is to load up on offensive players early in the draft and get away with weak starters by relying on relievers, more power to you. I'm admittedly saying I don't think it's the best strategy but I haven't played fantasy baseball in years so what do I know. Seemed worthy of discussion. Didn't mean offense.

hithit
May 25th, 2017, 10:44 PM
It is worth discussing. It has paid off, but it has also bitten me in the ass. I wouldn't say it is preferred, its just I don't like drafting starters early. And usually by the time I realize I should draft them they're usually all dime a dozen guys.
I wasn't by any means offended, you just came off preachy.

Kneeneighbor
May 25th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Jose Berrious is the man.

Cewsh
May 26th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Also I loooooove non closer relievers. Cheap strikeouts you can swap in and out who pitch 3 times a week? I'll take all the Delin Betances you've got.

Honey_Badger
August 7th, 2017, 1:16 PM
Anyone still playing this? I am currently in 3rd, but not confident about that position since I play Cewsh this week. His team is good.

Cewsh
August 7th, 2017, 1:23 PM
Goddamn right.

Kdestiny
August 7th, 2017, 1:24 PM
All of my pitchers are dead so I essentially stopped.

I don't like weekly

Honey_Badger
August 7th, 2017, 1:30 PM
You play daily?

I tried daily and forgot to change my lineup at least twice a week, especially on the weekends. Killed my team.

Fro
August 7th, 2017, 1:48 PM
I don't think I'll ever play Daily again. Way too much management. I thought this league went very well in terms of roster size and settings. I don't really have anything I want to change for next year except switching from OBP to OPS (I still liked OBP for 1 season though). I enjoyed it and have still been making a lot of moves, on the hunt for the 3rd/4th playoff spot. This is the final week of the regular season. Cewsh and Eville Exceptions (who dis?) have already locked up playoff spots (more or less) but there are 2 up for grabs.

Honey_Badger
August 7th, 2017, 3:37 PM
Losing Correra killed me long-term. I'm digging deep into the waivers hoping to find a diamond in the rough at this point. SS is such a thin, thin position this year.

Kneeneighbor
August 7th, 2017, 4:25 PM
We need an extra team so we can remove the bye.

Kdestiny
August 7th, 2017, 4:50 PM
I play daily because I do check it often.

Plus I've been screwed over several times by someone getting hurt on Monday and being out for the week. Daily is more like actual baseball

Fro
August 7th, 2017, 5:54 PM
We need an extra team so we can remove the bye.

for sure

I play daily because I do check it often.

Plus I've been screwed over several times by someone getting hurt on Monday and being out for the week. Daily is more like actual baseball

yea, that's happened to me plenty as well, and probably to everyone else. daily is definitely better but I just can't swing it. or rather don't want to. for me weekly is the perfect amount of upkeep.

similar to fantasy football, if your star player gets hurt on the first play of the game then you're screwed at that position. gotta hope the other guys pick him up.

Kdestiny
August 7th, 2017, 6:42 PM
But at least if he's hurt for the first play he's out for just that game.

I like playing baseball game by game

Honey_Badger
August 14th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Woo Hoo! 3-7 and still made the playoffs.

Playing the waiver wire was a God send for me.

MTR
August 14th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Ugh. I had all the great intentions of not letting this go to the way side and then I did. Seems anymore the only fantasy sport I seem to do better keeping up with his football.

Fro
August 14th, 2017, 8:29 PM
Playoff matchups:

Eville Exceptions (#1) vs Honey Badger (#4)
Cewsh (#2) vs Fro (#3)

Note that the playoff matchups are 2 WEEKS EACH.

Still not sure who E2 is... anyone know? EDIT: virm, I think,

Honey_Badger
August 14th, 2017, 8:52 PM
Can we change our lineups half way through the 2 weeks? McCann just hit the DL and I have him in at C.

Fro
August 14th, 2017, 8:54 PM
Yes. You get to reset your lineup for week 2 of the matchup.

Honey_Badger
August 21st, 2017, 8:47 AM
Is week 2 of the 1st round an extension of our points scored in week 1, or does the match reset and we start fresh with new stats?

Fro
August 21st, 2017, 9:06 AM
Extension of week 1, I'm pretty sure. Everything just keeps adding up over the 2 weeks.

EDIT: And to be honest I don't know what the playoff tie breaker is if the matchup ends 5-5 or 4-4-2. I would guess it's regular season record but not positive.

Fro
August 21st, 2017, 9:19 PM
Cewsh is going reliever-heavy (starting 5 of them) so I'm going the other way with only 1 reliever. Give me those QS and K categories.

Really don't know why you're starting Jim Johnson though. He's not a closer anymore and his ERA is near 5.

Cewsh
August 21st, 2017, 10:17 PM
Completely forgot he was still on my team. I keep forgetting to check the lineups until they're already locked for the week.

Honey_Badger
August 23rd, 2017, 10:39 AM
What happens if we tie?

At this point, it looks like I am going to win the hitting dual, while EE is dominating the pitching stats.

Fro
August 23rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Honestly don't know as I said above. I guess we'll find out.

Torn
August 23rd, 2017, 11:15 AM
In ESPN it's usually (well has been for the VIP league) that the higher seed will go through in a tie

Honey_Badger
August 23rd, 2017, 11:49 AM
Ah, hell. That would suck.

virms
August 26th, 2017, 5:50 PM
You won't have to worry about it. 4 guys on my team down with injuries, 2 with a stint to the dl and the 2 guys that came off the dl I couldn't activate because they did it after the games had started Monday.

Chris Sale with a 3 inning fucking outing that probably would have made the difference in quality starts, not to mention a bigger lead on so. But hey, shit like that is bound to happen it just happened at the worst time.

Also meant to pick up Delino Desheilds Monday when I was checking back and forth on Ray and Castro. planned to drop schwarber so I could have taken the sb. Why I didn't just do that while I was checking is beyond me. If I would have done that and held up pitching I might have squeaked by with a 6-4 victory. 5-5 at worst which would have sent me to the finals. Only hope at this point is to catch you on QS or OBP which probably isn't going to happen unless you shit the bed like my team has done since the all Star break. Lucky I held out to win the season.

Fro
August 27th, 2017, 10:37 AM
yup looks like me vs HB in the finals

after hovering around .500 all season my team has been hot lately (partially because I benched my namesake player Xander Bogaerts in favor of Alex Bregman)... but my pitching has been a patchwork lately, been having to plug a ton of new guys in.

virms
August 27th, 2017, 3:12 PM
I should have traded hitty Braun when I had the chance. The guy has turned in a magical shit season between being hurt (bad managing by the Brewers with his injuries) ands performance. I think the trade would have landed me Rizzo too which really fucking hurts.

Hell even Byrant hasn't performed to what he should have been which has really hurt my numbers.

Judge was obviously an amazing wire pick up but judge has turned Into a sludge over the last month or so. I've got the new hot young rookie coming in next week.

Fun season and if my team could have recreated their numbers before the all Star break with after the break I would have taken it all.

Thanks for putting this together fro.

Honey_Badger
August 28th, 2017, 9:32 AM
Good luck in finals Fro. This has been fun. Thanks for putting it together.

virms
August 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Honey Badger ain't fucking around fro.

Honey_Badger
August 30th, 2017, 9:48 AM
All but 2 of my pitchers are guys I picked up from waivers... who the fuck did I draft and why?

Fro
September 4th, 2017, 8:01 PM
welp the lineups for championship week 2 are set, nothing to do now but watch. I like my chances....

Honey_Badger
September 4th, 2017, 8:20 PM
That's funny because I like my chance a lot too :-)

virms
September 4th, 2017, 8:35 PM
I like my chances of my team shitting the bed even worse this week than last week.

Honey_Badger
September 6th, 2017, 6:36 AM
I need to make a run and overtake you in R's, K's and WHIP - only chance I really have to bump up to 6-4 and win.

virms
September 8th, 2017, 11:03 PM
I like my chances of my team shitting the bed even worse this week than last week.

If I was a betting man on this statement I would be fucking rich.

Honey_Badger
September 10th, 2017, 6:04 PM
Congratulations on the inaugural league championship, sir Fro.

Fro
September 10th, 2017, 10:07 PM

Good season, all.

Honey_Badger
September 10th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Definetly should do this again next year. Possibly even involve a little money next time, with a year under our belt.

Fro
September 10th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Defintiely will keep this going. Not sure about money though, it's a hassle to get everyone paid and this year we couldn't even get to 10 free players. Probably will keep it a for-fun league.

virms
September 10th, 2017, 10:57 PM
My team said "hey, let's see how shit we can be this week."

If we were scoring by that I would have dominated.

Honey_Badger
September 11th, 2017, 9:03 AM
Defintiely will keep this going. Not sure about money though, it's a hassle to get everyone paid and this year we couldn't even get to 10 free players. Probably will keep it a for-fun league.

Fair enough. Either way, it's fun.

Fro
February 22nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
League re-activated.

http://games.espn.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=12500

1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virmicious
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. hithit
7. Kneeneighbor
8. Honey_Badger
9. kdestiny

Room for more. Let me know if anyone is dropping out.

For potential newcomers: This a weekly league, you set your lineup before each Monday and then your lineup is locked for the week. For those who don't want to set their lineup every single day.

MTR
February 22nd, 2018, 11:40 AM
:yes:

Bagel
February 22nd, 2018, 2:44 PM
I'll commit as a definite maybe, not sure if the date for draft is going to work but if you need one to fill the league keep me posted.

Fro
February 22nd, 2018, 3:08 PM
I'll commit as a definite maybe, not sure if the date for draft is going to work but if you need one to fill the league keep me posted.

I just set the draft at some random time as a placeholder. Draft day/time will be discussed in the thread before it's finalized.

Bagel
February 22nd, 2018, 3:30 PM
Ok so nothing definite yet. If you still get three people to fill the league that's fine, so I'll be like 12b unless you need an extra.

virms
February 22nd, 2018, 3:59 PM
Quit being a puss Smeagol we'd love to have you.

Can I just have the cubs Fro. I want to

https://youtu.be/DwBirf4BWew

Bagel
February 22nd, 2018, 6:17 PM
@virmicious (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=21134)

Definite maybe.

Alright, I'll join. #10.

Honey_Badger
February 23rd, 2018, 1:04 PM
Here.

Fro
February 23rd, 2018, 3:41 PM
@virmicious (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=21134)

Definite maybe.

Alright, I'll join. #10.

Shoot me your email so I can send you the invite to the ESPN league

Bagel
February 23rd, 2018, 4:38 PM
Shoot me your email so I can send you the invite to the ESPN league

Tried to PM it. Message box full, it says.

Fro
February 23rd, 2018, 4:50 PM
Tried to PM it. Message box full, it says.

cleared

Fro
February 25th, 2018, 9:07 PM
1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virmicious
4. Cewsh
5. MTR
6. hithit
7. Kneeneighbor
8. Honey_Badger
9. kdestiny
10. Smeagol

check in if you haven't already. I wanna make sure everyone who's staying in will be active.

and then let me know what draft time we wanna do. weeknight or weekend? specific days that work?

Bagel
February 25th, 2018, 9:33 PM
I'm good. Sunday-Thursday something like 6-8 PM eastern works.

Cewsh
February 25th, 2018, 9:49 PM
Nah, bro. I’m out. Didn’t have much fun with it last year.

Honey_Badger
February 25th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Nah, bro. I’m out. Didn’t have much fun with it last year.

Boo!!!!

Kdestiny
February 25th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Evenings tend to suck for me unless they are weekends CST

virms
February 25th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Prefer not a Tuesday or Friday night. Other than that I should be open.

hithit
February 26th, 2018, 12:14 AM
I’m in

Kneeneighbor
February 26th, 2018, 10:01 AM
In, when ever works

TimeSplitter
February 26th, 2018, 11:36 AM
I'm in. Wednesday nights don't work for me, but I'm pretty open otherwise. I'd be all for waiting until the end of March, so nobody gets screwed over if their top picks get hurt in spring training.

Fro
February 27th, 2018, 12:51 PM
okay so the only one who hasn't confirmed is MTR. MTR - you in again?

With Cewsh dropping out we need another player to give us 10.

In terms of DRAFT TIME.... how about Sunday evening, March 25 (the last sunday before opening day)? Maybe 7PM ET?

1. Fro
2. TimeSplitter
3. virmicious
4. MTR
5. hithit
6. Kneeneighbor
7. Honey_Badger
8. kdestiny
9. Smeagol
10. ???????

MTR
February 27th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Dude. I gave a :yes: already. Are you not understanding my non-verbal cues? I feel violated.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as draft goes weekends are best but honestly I will probably miss it and just have players preranked.

Bagel
February 27th, 2018, 1:16 PM
okay so the only one who hasn't confirmed is @MTR (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=7). MTR - you in again?

With Cewsh dropping out we need another player to give us 10.

In terms of DRAFT TIME.... how about Sunday evening, March 25 (the last sunday before opening day)? Maybe 7PM ET?

1. @Fro (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=203)
2. @TimeSplitter (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=14788)
3. @virmicious (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=21134)
4. @MTR (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=7)
5. @hithit (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=16297)
6. @Kneeneighbor (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=12810)
7. @Honey_Badger (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=58327)
8. @kdestiny (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=30840)
9. @Smeagol (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=28423)
10. ???????

Either that or the Sunday before, same time seems to work for me. I have an in-person auction draft I do every year but that's much earlier in the day.

Fro
March 5th, 2018, 1:03 PM
still need one more player to join so we don't have bye weeks due to having 9 teams

TimeSplitter
March 5th, 2018, 3:53 PM
Draft time works for me.

Honey_Badger
March 5th, 2018, 4:07 PM
Excited.

Cewsh
March 6th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Ah hell, count me in. Don’t want to hurt the league. Let’s goooooo

Fro
March 6th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Ah hell, count me in. Don’t want to hurt the league. Let’s goooooo

I appreciate it. :yes: If someone else volunteers you can be out (if you want)

I literally just removed you from the league so I need to re-add you lol. hit me with your email. :beer:

Chris Scott
March 7th, 2018, 6:36 AM
I’ll be in.

Fro
March 7th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Sweet

Draft is scheduled for Sun., Mar. 25 at 7:00 PM ET

virms
March 10th, 2018, 7:02 PM
You better @ us a reminder Fro

Fro
March 11th, 2018, 1:09 AM
I'll randomly set the draft order within the next few days

Fro
March 11th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Ok i'm about to set the order using one of those third party random order generators. I don't have all you emails handy but emails will go out to me, TS, Smeagol and Rosk Ounty Reserves confirming the random generation.

Fro
March 11th, 2018, 12:04 PM
draft order:

1 TimeSplitter
2 Honey_Badger
3. virmicious
4 Fro
5 hithit
6 Smeagol
7 kdestiny
8 MTR
9 Kneeneighbor
10 Rosk Ounty Reserves

Draft is scheduled for Sun., Mar. 25 at 7:00 PM ET

virms
March 11th, 2018, 12:43 PM
I can dig number 3

Honey_Badger
March 12th, 2018, 7:54 PM
Sweetness.

TimeSplitter
March 13th, 2018, 1:18 PM
Second year in a row with Mike Trout at the helm.

Fro
March 15th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Second year in a row with Mike Trout at the helm.

Trout is so good in a league like this with CF as a position (instead of all OF positions). CF is a tough spot to fill and you get to put the best hitter in the game there. The equivalent of having A-Rod in his prime at your SS position.

virms
March 24th, 2018, 8:54 PM
Gonna set my draft order just in case. I may be busy.

Fro
March 25th, 2018, 9:06 AM
Reminder: draft is this evening at 7 eastern time

1 TimeSplitter
2 Honey_Badger
3. virmicious
4 Fro
5 hithit
6 Smeagol
7 kdestiny
8 MTR
9 Kneeneighbor
10 Rosk Ounty Reserves

virms
March 25th, 2018, 12:09 PM
I'm assuming one can draft from thier phone if they needed To? Never done a draft on my cell.

Fro
March 25th, 2018, 1:28 PM
I'm assuming one can draft from thier phone if they needed To? Never done a draft on my cell.

Yea with the espn fantasy app

TimeSplitter
March 25th, 2018, 6:19 PM
Trout is so good in a league like this with CF as a position (instead of all OF positions). CF is a tough spot to fill and you get to put the best hitter in the game there. The equivalent of having A-Rod in his prime at your SS position.

Agreed. I’m excited to draft.

virms
March 25th, 2018, 8:17 PM
Is there any sort of thing that ranks teams after the draft to see who did the best?

Fro
March 25th, 2018, 8:31 PM
Is there any sort of thing that ranks teams after the draft to see who did the best?

yep. many reports are coming in saying I did the best

virms
March 25th, 2018, 9:37 PM
yep. many reports are coming in saying I did the best

I just saw the most convincing report on espn.com/forlegitbosses and they were very upset with your draft picks. Said "if this guy makes decisions like this in real life he is probably living in a box sucking dicks for 40's."

I thought it was harsh.

Kneeneighbor
March 26th, 2018, 9:11 AM
Happy with the way my team turned out. Will be even better in week 2 when I can move Machado to SS and Gordon to CF.

TimeSplitter
March 27th, 2018, 2:22 PM
Fun fact. I have to choose whether to have Ohtani as a pitcher or hitter.

Kneeneighbor
March 27th, 2018, 3:27 PM
Each week you make that decision correct?

His value in ESPN is better in a daily league because you can move back and forth. I think I read on Yahoo he was split into 2 seperate players; the pitcher and the hitter.

TimeSplitter
March 27th, 2018, 8:11 PM
Yeah, it’s a once a week choice.

Fro
March 28th, 2018, 9:54 PM
Salvador Perez sprains MCL carrying suitcase up steps

cmon man

Kneeneighbor
March 29th, 2018, 1:44 PM
I hate Molina... but I guess I have to root for him since he is a Brooklyn Brawler now.

So woot woot, HR in first at bat!!!

MTR
March 29th, 2018, 3:42 PM
I am going to pretend I didn't hear you say that.

Kdestiny
March 29th, 2018, 4:39 PM
Thanks John Carlo

Bagel
March 29th, 2018, 6:01 PM
Very happy Tim Anderson is a part of my team. Very happy Tim Anderson is on my bench too.....

Honey_Badger
April 3rd, 2018, 8:33 PM
Getting a quality start this week is like pulling teeth; Jesus. I can’t win.

Kneeneighbor
April 4th, 2018, 1:18 PM
Getting a quality start this week is like pulling teeth; Jesus. I can’t win.

I hate QS over wins but it is what it is.

Was super pissed when Verlander got pulled an out away from the QS.

Fro
April 4th, 2018, 1:43 PM
I hate QS over wins but it is what it is.

Was super pissed when Verlander got pulled an out away from the QS.

they both have their flaws, but I can live with QS a lot easier. I mean having a guy go 5 IP 5 ER and getting a win while another guy goes 8 IP 1 ER without a win is even more frustrating than the quirks of the QS formula. or blowing a save and getting a win...

Kneeneighbor
April 4th, 2018, 2:08 PM
I dont want to make a federal case over it and am fine with it and drafted accordingly.

I just like that you can get wins out of middle relievers.

I also think that a guy who goes 9IP and give up 4 runs and wins 8-4 deserves more credit that the guy who goes 6IP and give up 3 and loses 3-1. In the end the ultimate goal of baseball is to pitch well enough to win.

Fro
April 4th, 2018, 2:26 PM
I dont want to make a federal case over it and am fine with it and drafted accordingly.

I just like that you can get wins out of middle relievers.

I also think that a guy who goes 9IP and give up 4 runs and wins 8-4 deserves more credit that the guy who goes 6IP and give up 3 and loses 3-1. In the end the ultimate goal of baseball is to pitch well enough to win.

yea the 6 IP 3 ER scenario is where QS gets flawed. If I could make up my own definition of QS it would be that you have to pitch 6 innings or more with an ERA of 4 or lower. So if you give up 4 ER the only way you get the QS is if you go the complete game. And if you only go 6 IP, you have to give up 2 ER or less to get it. If you give up 3 ER you have to pitch 7 innings or more. As written it is overly simplistic and could be easily tweaked for improvement.

Kneeneighbor
April 9th, 2018, 3:07 PM
Who belongs to which teams?

1 @TimeSplitter (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=14788) TS Side Splitters
2 @Honey_Badger (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=58327) Honey Badger
3. @virmicious (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=21134)
4 @Fro (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=203) Team Fro
5 @hithit (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=16297)
6 @Smeagol (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=28423) Philadelphia Smeagols
7 @kdestiny (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=30840)
8 @MTR (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=7)
9 @Kneeneighbor (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=12810) Brooklyn Brawlers
10 @Rosk Ounty Reserves (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=17973)

Fro
April 9th, 2018, 3:23 PM
1 TimeSplitter (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=14788) TS Side Splitters
2 Honey_Badger (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=58327) Honey Badger
3. virmicious (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=21134) Eville Exceptions
4 Fro (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=203) Team Fro
5 hithit (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=16297) Team huettl
6 Smeagol (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=28423) Philadelphia Smeagols
7 kdestiny (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=30840) Danger Zone
8 MTR (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=7) Sikeston Rebels
9 Kneeneighbor (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=12810) Brooklyn Brawlers
10 Rosk Ounty Reserves (https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?u=17973) Scouse Yankees

Kneeneighbor
April 9th, 2018, 3:37 PM
Thank you.

TimeSplitter
April 9th, 2018, 3:47 PM
God I wish Ohtani could be both a pitcher and batter at the same time.

Kneeneighbor
April 9th, 2018, 3:53 PM
MTR going with 5 guys on the DL this week.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2a/2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5547528dbd4 44ea3dfe48abc7.jpg

virms
April 9th, 2018, 4:32 PM
If only MTR was the manager of the cardinals.

MTR
April 9th, 2018, 4:44 PM
Dammit. I meant to take care of that. Fuck me.