PDA

View Full Version : Various itunes issues

Andy
August 29th, 2016, 6:40 AM
I figure this thread is as good a place as any to ask for some help with bastard shitting itunes.

I switched from iOS to Android years ago but kept my iPod. These days I don't use the iPod and instead have all my music on an SD card in my phone. I use iSyncr to sync everything up from iTunes but I've been meaning to get around to dealing with the errors it throws up for months.

Basically about 1000 out of 7000 songs have errors. Most of them seem to come from being 'purchased AAC files', even though they're not protected. When I try to convert to MP3 within iTunes, it says it cannot convert protected files. They're definitely not listed as protected though. Piece of shit software.

Is there any way to convert my entire library to MP3 or any other way around this issue? If I need software, does anyone have any recommendations?

The_Mike
August 29th, 2016, 11:19 AM
This is what you get for paying for music.

Do you have a subscription to iTunes? I haven't used the program/service in a long time but I have heard that if you are a subscriber you can redownload non-protected versions of songs you own. I get that you're sure they are already not protected but iTunes seems to think otherwise for some reason, so a fresh download might help.

LOCONUT
August 29th, 2016, 11:29 AM
ITunes does my head in. I ditched it ages ago.

Andy
August 29th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I know I should've ditched it years ago and I haven't bought music from there for years. I'll try the re-download.

Donald
August 30th, 2016, 11:51 AM
You could always burn the music onto a CD and re-import it as MP3.

Andy
August 30th, 2016, 3:46 PM
I bit the bullet and downloaded file conversion software. It's been working on it for hours, fingers crossed.