PDA

View Full Version : Madden 17 PS4 League (Congrats Rajah Super Bowl VIII Winner Morrison)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 7:19 AM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Xpu2w_PwAvgHHisIYPZ4gTEnqUI=/0x276:598x612/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49593217/Madden-NFL-17-Rob-Gronkowski-Cover-Image.0.0.jpg

It is that time of year, the game is out this week and even though we're targeting a Saturday 1st October start date I figured we might as well get a new thread going.

Last year was great for two and a quarter seasons and then painful for the third. No one is to blame (Torn is to blame) but going forward we can't wait weeks or months before advancing the clock as it just kills all momentum. I had to sim one of my games because I was on holiday, it isn't ideal but what can we do?

A few questions we should mull over - how do we agree who gets which team? Do we all go into one Conference to minimise the number of CPU games?

Do we play with the sliders tweaked?

Are we happy with the 7 minute quarter lengths?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

League Roster

Alex

PSN:
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/1stround4ryanfitz

BBF

PSN: BBFAndy
Twitch:

Beefy

PSN: beefy78
Twitch www.twitch.tv/anthonycameronuk (http://www.twitch.tv/anthonycameronuk)

Grimario
PSN: Grim_Ario
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/grimario/profile

Mikey Jones

PSN: TheMikeChilds
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/themikechilds (http://www.twitch.tv/themikechilds)

MMH

PSN: muhmuhhuh
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/muhmuhhuh (http://www.twitch.tv/muhmuhhuh)

Pablo Diablo

PSN: Pdiablo
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/pabloeldiablos

Torn
PSN:
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/chrisbeesfc2

Grimario
August 23rd, 2016, 7:45 AM
- Ban Torn. I assume it wasn't rhetorical and that's what we should do - at the very least, don't let him back in Australia
- Mikey gets the worst QB, Crystal Meth gets the worst overall team, Alex/Matthew fight to the death for the best team and I get the one with the least lag. Seriously though - I like the idea of one conference, live broadcast draw from a helmet with the teams in it
- What are the odds of getting a set of sliders that everyone/majority agrees on? We might have to wait till a bit beyond 1st October for some considerably nerdier players on other forums (or MMH) who play a shitload more than we do to identify what sliders makes Madden the most realistic... but do we really want realistic? I kind of like watching Mikey throw a 70 yard TD knowing that (usually) could do the same
- 10 minutes quarters, run off to 10s. If you don't want to lose those valuable seconds, you can run a hurry up offense and deal with more fatigue

I like the idea of a Rajah Night Football once per month where we try and play and stream as many of the games back to back.

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 7:53 AM
Im in.

Personally I would get the worst however many teams, throw them in a hat and draw them that way. I do like the idea of Rajah conferences but not for the lack of CPU games (I actually enjoy CPU games) but more to try and eliminate the boredom of the same playoff structure each season.

Rules, we need more rules pertaining to us. Eliminate cheeser plays We all do them to be fair (except maybe the lower ranked players) and personally I would like to try and get the scores and yardage as realistic as possible. Mikey breaking the TD record by like week 6 really ruined it for me for example.

Can we make it a full franchise league? With the owner stuff and all that? That would be nice.

I would love custom teams but that aint going to happen is it?

Mikey_Jones
August 23rd, 2016, 8:04 AM
- I'm happy to have the worst QB, since this year it was a bit ridiculous. Having a 99 rated QB definitely helped, but at the same time I drafted fairly well to have good options to use
- I think it'd be good to have players in both conferences - that was it nearly guarantees an all-Rajah playoffs and Super Bowl, which is really entertaining to me.
- Sliders and commissioner settings will be really important, so waiting a little while to find the optimal settings would be great. Especially with the XP settings issue we had last season
- I don't mind the quarter lengths right now, but a little longer could be good as well.

Grim's idea of a Rajah Night Football is a great idea, I loved watching the streamed games

EDIT: Couple of useful links I've found so far:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4yfvpi/madden_17_dev_traits_for_every_team/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4z43d7/development_deep_dive_why_you_should_only_develop/

USER TEAMS:
Beefy - Giants/BULLDOGS
BBF - Packers
Alex - Falcons
Hurley - Cowboys
Pablo - Texans
Matthew - Bills
Chris Dolmeth - Chargers
MMH - Lions
Morrison - Jaguars
Kdestiny - Raiders
Torn - Rams
Mikey - Bucs
Grim - 49ers
GBF - Steelers
Miotch - Bengals
Cewsh - Dolphins

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 8:09 AM
Custom teams aren't an option unfortunately. I thought that if you go owner mode you can't play the games? Anyone able to confirm?

Rules is an interesting one... other big leagues have rules covering where/when you're allowed to go for it on fourth down, strict rules around trading with the AI, no custom playbooks, etc. I'm open to suggestions.

Grim's suggestion about ten minute quarters and running the gameclock off to ten sounds decent actually. Could be worth experimenting over the next six weeks.

I also like playing the CPU games and I worry that someone might get worn out losing games against the other players a lot but it is something to consider.

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 8:20 AM
You can play the games in owner mode in single player. Not 100% sure about in connected franchise though. If it is possible we could counter custom playbooks (Though to be fair only I used them and I won fuck all..) by having the players having to stick to their head coaches playbook.

Trading certainly needs some rules. Maybe a waiver process I dont know. Ill have a nose at some league settings that other people use and see what works well and what doesnt.

Players losing all the time is an issue. I dont think people mind losing if its fun. Its when you get blown out or the game feels incredibly unfair that it becomes an issue.

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 8:23 AM
It's a really horrible game when you're losing. The Rick was gloating in-game as he blew me out in the second season and then rage-quit the league after losing to someone the next week.

Hopefully Alex signs back up and if GBF is in for the start he sticks with it.

Pablo Diablo
August 23rd, 2016, 8:26 AM
I don't think all in one conference is the way to go. While the PvP games are fun, they can also be a source of slow downs in actually having the games scheduled. Having said that I think aiming for at least one other person in your division is a good idea.

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 10:54 AM
I would love Alex to come back by the way. And maybe some more players. There has to be some more we can coax in?

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 11:51 AM
Timesplitter said he was joining this year.

Kdestiny
August 23rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
I'm testing the game for now to see if it really is worth busing now or waiting to get it cheap later. I'll let you know my answer whether I'm in or not soon. I'd like to return, but my schedule may not allow it as well.

Excited to see what has been updated though

Mikey_Jones
August 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
More players would be fantastic

kdestiny - From what I've heard, the game is much better than last year's version.

Kdestiny
August 23rd, 2016, 12:17 PM
I do think it would be a good idea to spread the teams out a bit more. Have a few more AFC teams than we did for the previous one.

Having the middling or crap teams is good too I think. That's most of the fun for me, how well can you build up this bad team?

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 12:38 PM
From what I've read there's more focus on development this year - it is easier to upgrade players through training reps and in matches but there's also an aggressive physical-attribute regression system once your skill player hit their late 20s/early 30s.

Looks like it is also much less liekly that elite players hit free agency.

Canuck
August 23rd, 2016, 1:24 PM
What's this all about? Do I go buy this game? Sell me.

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 2:36 PM
What's this all about? Do I go buy this game? Sell me.

If you like stuff then yes. Get involved.

Canuck
August 23rd, 2016, 2:41 PM
More sparkles.

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2016, 2:41 PM
I'd play without doubt it if weren't on the shite PS4.

Have you guys not played the 10 hours trial yet then? Or is that just an Xbox thing. From what I've played it's much better that 16.

Mikey_Jones
August 23rd, 2016, 2:55 PM
More sparkles.

Rajahite vs Rajahite games are streamed on Twitch so we can all abuse each other. It's brilliant.

Building your own team around your top draft pick is fantastic as well

Morrison
August 23rd, 2016, 3:13 PM
we get a final tally of people who want to be involved and then take that number and go with the bottom rated teams. if we have ten people, the ten lowest rated overall will go into the selection pool. from there, it's a matter of either random drawing or first come, first serve. there's also the fantasy draft option, though with so many people in the league and having to fill out the whole team, i doubt people will want to do this.

getting some set rules will be good. i know i abused the 'trade your draft picks for superstars' thing last year, and i'll be avoiding that tactic this time around, as it clearly didn't help me anyway. but yeah, once we got going and it became clear that mikey was going to be an unstoppable offense and dolmeth an insanely unbeatable defense, it just closed up a lot of the enthusiasm. hopefully this year allows for a bit more parity, whether that's because of gameplay or sliders and rules we ourselves institute.

i'd be all for opening up for the owner side as well. i know as a solo you can do all three phases at once, whether it's all three for the same team or across different ones, i imagine it should be the same for connected. by the third season, outside of playing the user games, the whole process was getting a bit tedious cause it was essentially the same thing each week with running the game prep and upgrading players if you wanted. having the owner options available to play with as well would be a fun way of expanding the league, and also maybe provide some diversity in gameplay if your getting your ass kicked on the field, cause maybe you can do well as an owner.

Canuck
August 23rd, 2016, 3:18 PM
Ok. Buy me the game.

And a ps4.

Chris Dolmeth
August 23rd, 2016, 3:27 PM
Seahawks

Chris Dolmeth
August 23rd, 2016, 3:31 PM
Random idea, one confrence for America (and Pablo) and the other for the rest of the world.

Kdestiny
August 23rd, 2016, 4:06 PM
Pretty good so far. The running took a bit to get used to but this plays pretty slick

Chris Dolmeth
August 23rd, 2016, 4:11 PM
Got mine waiting in the mailbox for when I get off work :hyper:

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 4:13 PM
Random idea, one confrence for America (and Pablo) and the other for the rest of the world.

Nah, you get Grimario

Pablo Diablo
August 23rd, 2016, 4:52 PM
Depends on how many North Americans we get and what coast they are. Which is actually better for your Grim us or the UK folk time wise?

Grimario
August 23rd, 2016, 6:02 PM
Both suck.

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 6:08 PM
Put Grim in his own division

MMH
August 23rd, 2016, 6:08 PM
On Xbox.

Grimario
August 23rd, 2016, 6:29 PM
When do you all start/finish DST/BST/whatever you call it locally?

Beefy
August 23rd, 2016, 7:10 PM
Last weekend of October

Kdestiny
August 23rd, 2016, 7:17 PM
Yeah, I'm in. I'll be getting this for sure

Torn
August 24th, 2016, 3:16 AM
- I'm happy to have the worst QB, since this year it was a bit ridiculous. Having a 99 rated QB definitely helped, but at the same time I drafted fairly well to have good options to use

Alright steady on there Dolmeth

Torn
August 24th, 2016, 3:28 AM
Put me in the same division as Grim as I'll be in Australia more you can't keep me out. I don't care what team I have as long as it's not in the NFC East. Choose me someone shit.

And same conference as Mikey as I have never played him in our league and we can arrange to play each other easily. Although for scheduling purposes the conferences don't really matter as it rotates so only really applies to playoff. Definitely split Rajah players between the two though.

Rest of you can work your own shit out whatever

Beefy
August 24th, 2016, 7:50 AM
I know that we rejected this idea last year but we could do a Fantasy Draft to determine rosters. Should result in 32 roughly even franchises and should be fun. We could mandate no picking a QB for the first five (for example) rounds so Luck/Rodgers etc aren't options.

The Draft is always fun and if we could find a slot where we're all free this could be good.

MMH
August 24th, 2016, 7:56 AM
I would love a fantasy draft. Would be hard to get everyone together at the same time though.

Morrison
August 24th, 2016, 1:36 PM
yeah, a fantasy draft would be fun stuff, and i'd be open to it. and yeah, putting a round cap on taking a QB is a good idea, but i guess at the same time, if we all have a good shot at drafting an elite or franchise QB, depending on where all the user teams land on the draft order, it becomes less of an issue. of course, that's not accounting for the AI teams. i wonder what the AI draft strategy is with the fantasy draft. when they arent drafting for 'need' and are starting fresh, is everybody just selecting a QB in the first round? if we're putting a cap, it'd probably have to be flexible cause if we're saying 'no QB's until round 4' but then the AI is picking up QB's left and right, it'd suck if we're down to the christian ponders of the world to throw to our stud receivers we were allowed to draft early or whatever. though i guess we're trying to avoid 'stud qb with stud receivers' anyway, so maybe that's not even an issue. anyway, it's good for thought.

Kdestiny
August 24th, 2016, 1:48 PM
I did a fantasy draft yesterday to test franchise mode and a lot of the QBs seemed to go pretty quick. By round 4-5 I had to settle for Flacco

Pablo Diablo
August 24th, 2016, 3:45 PM
I'm not sure I love the idea of a fantasy draft (the inability to get everyone on that same time excluded). Will have to try one out just to see what it's like. But I fear it being tedious.

Beefy
August 24th, 2016, 6:06 PM
It shouldn't be tedious. We could put a cap on it of say, two hours or ten rounds and then sim the rest. We don't need to be drafting our back up defensive linemen, just the play-makers on the team.

My only concern is the AI not drafting well.

Kdestiny
August 24th, 2016, 6:11 PM
Wouldn't need to worry about trades as far as time either

Chris Dolmeth
August 24th, 2016, 6:50 PM
We have a hard enough time figuring out what times to play games, let alone getting everyone available for a draft.

Matthew
August 24th, 2016, 10:19 PM
im in, but wont be getting it until a week or two

Beefy
August 26th, 2016, 4:25 AM
We have a hard enough time figuring out what times to play games, let alone getting everyone available for a draft.

Well I'll start with suggestions and lets see:
Sat 24th Sept
Sun 25th Sept
Sat 1st Oct
Sun 2nd Oct

8am PST/11am EST/4pm BST/Midnight Grim-time. So leading right into the Early NFL Games on Sundays or that sorta time Saturdays (well other than Colts @ Jags which is a super-early game on 2nd October).

Grimario
August 26th, 2016, 5:18 AM
Sat 24th Sept
Sun 25th Sept
Sat 1st Oct
Sun 2nd Oct

8am PST/11am EST/4pm BST/Midnight Grim-time. So leading right into the Early NFL Games on Sundays or that sorta time Saturdays (well other than Colts @ Jags which is a super-early game on 2nd October).

Nope and probably nope for the first two for me. I fly back from Philippines on 24th.

Also, I don't care. Any AI drafted team will be better than what I started with at the 49ers originally.

MMH
August 26th, 2016, 5:26 AM
Sat 24th Sept
Sun 25th Sept
Sat 1st Oct
Sun 2nd Oct

Other than October the first everything there would be fine with me.

Pablo Diablo
August 26th, 2016, 9:24 AM
I could only do the 25th of Sept.

Morrison
August 26th, 2016, 1:21 PM
i dont know my schedule that far in advance and i have typically worked mornings on saturday and sunday, so i wouldnt be available at 11am EST. id much rather draft my own team, but considering we were gonna do the bottom rated teama, autodrafting couldnt end up all that shitty for me.

Beefy
August 26th, 2016, 3:20 PM
We will only do it if we can get everyone buddy

RFF Champ
August 27th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Count me in. Sorry I tantrumed and quit. I can do 8pm onwards on either of those Saturdays or anytime within reason on the Sundays. I would need ample warning to figure out what I need to do.

Mikey_Jones
August 27th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Good man, Alex

All of the dates Beefy suggested should be fine for me

MMH
August 27th, 2016, 12:34 PM
So I have been playing the new game.

Its seems pretty much the same. Need to go through the trainer thing more though as there are a lot of new buttons for running.

The players seem to react a lot better. Although they also feel like they are running on ice.

Kdestiny
August 27th, 2016, 1:05 PM
Good man, Alex

All of the dates Beefy suggested should be fine for me

Same here it seems

Beefy
August 28th, 2016, 5:19 AM
I did a Fantasy Draft last night. It's tougher as mid-roster guys all appear to have had their ratings lowered so you're only drafting top players in the first round or two.

I waited until the fifth round to get a QB and was stuck with Carson Wentz as best option available.

Morrison
August 28th, 2016, 1:07 PM
your teams future is in good hands.

Matthew
August 29th, 2016, 2:00 AM
i have this

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2016, 7:43 AM
Are we doing the same career mode as last year or the one MMH suggested? I'm about to start one and want it to replicate ours.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Started one as Green Bay. A very familiar opening loss to Jax 17-3 with their 2 TDs coming from INTs. Still threw 211 off 17 which is alright.

Is there an increase in holding calls this year? That's what really grinds my gears. I don't care about losing as long as I've lost because I've handed it to the opponent. I like the running this year, I found it difficult but will learn some of these tricks.

Pablo Diablo
August 29th, 2016, 1:11 PM
I just tried a fantasy draft to see how it was.

Man that seems really tough, but if it's what everyone wants then I guess I'll be down with it.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2016, 1:13 PM
Fancy a friendly Pablo?

Pablo Diablo
August 29th, 2016, 1:19 PM
Don't have time, was just messing around a bit before heading into work.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2016, 1:24 PM
You don't work Mondays?

Pablo Diablo
August 29th, 2016, 1:29 PM
I do now. Only Thursdays are completely free days. Just starting a bit later today.

Kdestiny
August 29th, 2016, 2:05 PM
Downloading this now

Beefy
August 29th, 2016, 2:06 PM
I'll be around tonight if you fancy a couple of games Alex

MMH
August 29th, 2016, 2:18 PM
Just started a Bears franchise with sliders etc altered.

Was good fun in my first game, beat the Broncos 20-18 after a very turgid first half of field goals. Ended up being down 18-9 but managed to come back in the end after a few false dawns.

The Bears are terrible though. I had 9 tight ends on my roster including a 38 and 40 rated.

I'm looking forward to dissecting it all actually.

Kdestiny
August 29th, 2016, 2:33 PM
Just started a Bears franchise with sliders etc altered.

Was good fun in my first game, beat the Broncos 20-18 after a very turgid first half of field goals. Ended up being down 18-9 but managed to come back in the end after a few false dawns.

The Bears are terrible though. I had 9 tight ends on my roster including a 38 and 40 rated.

I'm looking forward to dissecting it all actually.

Yeah, they are the lowest rated team in the NFC which doesn't make sense to me

Matthew
August 29th, 2016, 3:51 PM
fantasy draft seems like it would be a shitshow

Beefy
August 29th, 2016, 5:38 PM
In the second game of my Browns franchise, Corey Coleman had 543 yards receiving and six touchdowns. Coverage is not good.

Grimario
August 29th, 2016, 6:59 PM
Sat 24th Sept
Sun 25th Sept
Sat 1st Oct
Sun 2nd Oct

All of these potentially back on the table for me. IT embargo because of some thing called an iPhone launching means the changes I was going to launch are now pushed back to October.

Pablo Diablo
August 29th, 2016, 9:53 PM
I think after having tried the fantasy draft I am more against the idea of us drafting teams.

It's one thing to have enough knowledge to know where to make small adjustments to a team and another altogether to have the knowledge how to properly balance an entire team.

People who know how to do those things will always have an advantage, even playing with the regular teams. But if you're having to build an entire team that difference will be that much greater and can lead to teams that are even more unbalanced than they were last year. I think the goal should be to get everyone closer which is why the picking the bottom half in rating teams and drawing them randomly is a good suggestion in my opinion.

The Rick
August 29th, 2016, 10:42 PM
It's a really horrible game when you're losing. The Rick was gloating in-game as he blew me out in the second season and then rage-quit the league after losing to someone the next week.

I played Pablo in the Playoffs, and then got my ass handed to me by Mikey. I know I played you earlier in the regular season or the pre-season and I'm thinking you beat me. I don't remember gloating at you. I remember talking a bit of trash towards Grim after hurting Big Ben, but I meant that all in good fun.

I absolutely own my rage quite. I was white hot mad. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter I popped onto Twitch to login and give Mikey congrats. I read some of the stuff that was being said, and lurked instead. Then I started taking knees to run clock, and finish the game quicker. Mikey had said there was nothing I could do to stop his passing game (he was absolutely correct), and he wasn't going to let up until he had the record. So I watched the stream chat, and took my beating, and then quit.

That is 100% on me. Already getting my ass kicked, I was trying to expedite my congratulatory message to Mikey. Instead I got butt-hurt, and left.

Morrison
August 29th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I think after having tried the fantasy draft I am more against the idea of us drafting teams.

It's one thing to have enough knowledge to know where to make small adjustments to a team and another altogether to have the knowledge how to properly balance an entire team.

People who know how to do those things will always have an advantage, even playing with the regular teams. But if you're having to build an entire team that difference will be that much greater and can lead to teams that are even more unbalanced than they were last year. I think the goal should be to get everyone closer which is why the picking the bottom half in rating teams and drawing them randomly is a good suggestion in my opinion.

i just started a franchise with a fantasy draft and looking at it, im on board with what pablo is saying. it's gonna be a cluster fuck even if we manage to get everybody to show up, and drafting ten rounds out of 50+ is hardly worth it, and doing any more is just going to be tedious.

I played Pablo in the Playoffs, and then got my ass handed to me by Mikey. I know I played you earlier in the regular season or the pre-season and I'm thinking you beat me. I don't remember gloating at you. I remember talking a bit of trash towards Grim after hurting Big Ben, but I meant that all in good fun.

I absolutely own my rage quite. I was white hot mad. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter I popped onto Twitch to login and give Mikey congrats. I read some of the stuff that was being said, and lurked instead. Then I started taking knees to run clock, and finish the game quicker. Mikey had said there was nothing I could do to stop his passing game (he was absolutely correct), and he wasn't going to let up until he had the record. So I watched the stream chat, and took my beating, and then quit.

That is 100% on me. Already getting my ass kicked, I was trying to expedite my congratulatory message to Mikey. Instead I got butt-hurt, and left.
and i also totally relate to this. it's fun as hell to bust balls and take the piss out of the two guys playing when you're in the chat with the others, but if youre playing and its not going well, and you see some armchair quarterbacking or whatever happening, it can fuck you right off.

MMH
August 30th, 2016, 6:57 AM
In the second game of my Browns franchise, Corey Coleman had 543 yards receiving and six touchdowns. Coverage is not good.

If it was against you I would say its fairly standard....

Certainly a worry that. Have you altered the settings at all?

Mikey_Jones
August 30th, 2016, 7:41 AM
Enjoying the game so far, especially the new running. It's different, but definitely in a good way

Sorry about that. I was a complete dick at times trying to get the passing record that season, and I really shouldn't have been. I realised after that I went way too far

Beefy
August 30th, 2016, 7:55 AM
If it was against you I would say its fairly standard....

Certainly a worry that. Have you altered the settings at all?

Ho ho ho, it was me firing rockets from the arms of Ryan Fitzmagic.

Nope, I've not touched the sliders or settings. Just playing vanilla All-Pro.

My other main issues are that it is way, way too easy to block kicks - I've already returned two for TDs and blocked a punt which I took to inside the five yard line. I like the difficulty of kicking now but the AI kicks and punts flawlessly (other than when you block him) which needs tweaking.

Also they let you carry on before the referee has called out the result of challenges which ruins the suspense. Oh and about 30% of times a touchback happens from the 20 yard line still and not the 25.

MMH
August 30th, 2016, 8:07 AM
Ho ho ho, it was me firing rockets from the arms of Ryan Fitzmagic.

Nope, I've not touched the sliders or settings. Just playing vanilla All-Pro.

My other main issues are that it is way, way too easy to block kicks - I've already returned two for TDs and blocked a punt which I took to inside the five yard line. I like the difficulty of kicking now but the AI kicks and punts flawlessly (other than when you block him) which needs tweaking.

Also they let you carry on before the referee has called out the result of challenges which ruins the suspense. Oh and about 30% of times a touchback happens from the 20 yard line still and not the 25.

Yeah I am not a fan of the kick blocking really. When I played my first game I knew exactly when the CPU was going to block me. Tight game, me about to go two scores up and they blocked it for a TD and it was so obvious it was about to happen.

I find the kicking mechanism to be fine generally. It will definitely need a few tweaks and patches to get fully running for us I think.

Canuck
August 30th, 2016, 6:39 PM
Got it. Complete noob, though.

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 6:14 AM
Top man Hurley.

So we're looking at:
Beefy
Grimario
Mikey Jones
Alex
Hurley
Matthew
Morrison
kdestiny
MMH
Pablo Diablo
Chris Dolmeth
Torn

I'll message Timesplitter as he said last year he'd be in this year.

Sounds like Fantasy Draft is out. I'm kinda liking the idea of splitting the Conferences by geography. We'd just then need to decide how to allocate teams.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2016, 6:38 AM
Get everyone to make a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice and you allocate teams. When Dolmeth selects Seahawks, Panthers and Patriots then you give him a pants team.

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 6:51 AM
Yeah I'd prefer to have people as much as possible chose their own team, bearing in mind their own level of ability and the strengths of those teams. We can always veto. I'd hate to be lumped with someone I didn't want to play as.

MMH
August 31st, 2016, 7:41 AM
Top man Hurley.

So we're looking at:
Beefy
Grimario
Mikey Jones
Alex
Hurley
Matthew
Morrison
kdestiny
MMH
Pablo Diablo
Chris Dolmeth
Torn

I'll message Timesplitter as he said last year he'd be in this year.

Sounds like Fantasy Draft is out. I'm kinda liking the idea of splitting the Conferences by geography. We'd just then need to decide how to allocate teams.

Well so far we have 12 players, split into 2 so 6 in each conference and 2 in a division? Obviously we can add to that if we get more in which would be nice...

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 7:49 AM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If we could get another four (two in No.America and two in Europe) that would be ideal.

RICK????!!!!

MMH
August 31st, 2016, 7:54 AM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If we could get another four (two in No.America and two in Europe) that would be ideal.

RICK????!!!!

Yeah come back Rick. New season new start and all that.

I could possibly get a player or two from elsewhere but its not the same.

Wouldnt worry to much about locations as some of the Americans are easier to play time wise than others I suppose.

Didnt Myles want to play last season?

BBF
August 31st, 2016, 7:59 AM
Beefy has convinced me to buy this and join the league. I'm going to be awful so plenty of home runs for everyone else :yes:

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 8:03 AM
Top man BBF. Ok that gives us three more to find.

Mikey_Jones
August 31st, 2016, 8:19 AM
Brilliant stuff BBF, you'll love it

Kdestiny
August 31st, 2016, 10:45 AM
I'm definitely still getting the hang of some of the things here. It's a lot smoother running, I just need to get the hang of doing it.

Doesn't matter whether I'm AFC or NFC. I've got some teams I could be either way. Was going to go with Chicago, but they are infinitely shit.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2016, 1:06 PM
Beefy has convinced me to buy this and join the league. I'm going to be awful so plenty of home runs for everyone else :yes:

You think you'll like this baseball league they all play?

Canuck
August 31st, 2016, 2:36 PM
I don't think anyone will object to me being the Titans, will you?

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 3:42 PM
Anyone around who wants to mess around a little bit. Got home early can do with some games, haven't really tried much with it yet this year.

Kdestiny
August 31st, 2016, 3:47 PM
I might jump on

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 3:50 PM
I'm around. Hurley and I tried to play earlier but the servers appear fucked. It took me ages to get connected and he couldn't connect at all.

Kdestiny
August 31st, 2016, 3:52 PM
I'm around. Hurley and I tried to play earlier but the servers appear fucked. It took me ages to get connected and he couldn't connect at all.

Yeah, I just got the message that the servers were down

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 3:58 PM
Unlucky seems they are down. Guess another time.

Ooo Journey is the free game next month. I'll finally get to play that.

Mikey_Jones
August 31st, 2016, 4:02 PM
I had a similar issue with Torn earlier - EA servers were down

Shame as I would have been around for a game as well

The Rick
August 31st, 2016, 4:06 PM

RICK????!!!!

No. :lol: just no

Kdestiny
August 31st, 2016, 4:06 PM
Gives me a chance to test my shortlist of teams

MMH
August 31st, 2016, 4:22 PM

Come on you know you want to. Imagine 16 players? You cant miss out on that!

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 4:54 PM
Yeah come on Rick. We're making Mikey take Teddy Bridgewater as his QB this season, complete with destroyed knee.

Kdestiny
August 31st, 2016, 4:56 PM
I'm assuming the server issue is due to the Battlefield 1 Beta

Canuck
August 31st, 2016, 4:58 PM
Fuck sakes. Should have checked in.

Just uninstalled the game.

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 5:29 PM
What? Why?

Canuck
August 31st, 2016, 6:33 PM
To fix the server issue... which has worked.

Anyone on? Canuck6603

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 6:41 PM

Come on, mate. Same division as me, two games a season where we can talk shit about disc golf and half play football while you kill my QB's.

Please mate?

Matthew
August 31st, 2016, 6:54 PM
there should be a rule that if you cannot get your game done within 9 or ten days, you will be forced through.

none of this waiting for weeks bullshit

Morrison
August 31st, 2016, 7:05 PM
yeah, i think there definitely has to be a rule set and stuck to, especially if we're increasing the number of players. it's nice and everything trying to be inclusive and considerate of people's lives, but at some point when it drags the entire league down it's not worth it.

MMH
August 31st, 2016, 7:14 PM
Well hopefully divisions based on location should fix that somewhat.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:18 PM
I don't think divisions based on locations will fix anything other than helping playoff matches happen quicker thanks to the way the regular season NFL scheduling works with the rotations of divisions etc

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 7:18 PM
Well hopefully divisions based on location should fix that somewhat.

But time zones isn't what stopped it. Me going "sorry guys, working in Manila for two weeks", Beefy big bollocks going "Hello gents, I have taken it upon myself to go on yet another sojourn to some far away land for two weeks to drink lager and watch football" and Torn going "Crikey mates, I am throwing shrimp on the barbie" is what the big hold ups were.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:21 PM
I mean conferences not divisions sorry. Divisions in the same location will help two games a year but that wasn't really the hold up.

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 7:26 PM
Remember to get yourself a twitch account so you can A)stream and B)shit talk during the streams.

Also post your channel like so

https://www.twitch.tv/pabloeldiablos

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 7:29 PM
Remember to get yourself a twitch account so you can A)stream and B)shit talk during the streams.

Also post your channel like so

Play some Madden so I can watch while busy working...

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:30 PM
I will go in Grimario's division to make things easier which should obviously be in the UK conference by the way

I honestly do not care what team I have, I prefer randomly choosing the shittest teams mind.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 7:35 PM
These are the overall ratings

New England Patriots 87
Carolina Panthers 87
Green Bay Packers 85
Pittsburgh Steelers 85
Seattle Seahawks 85
Kansas City Chiefs 85
Arizona Cardinals 84
Cincinnati Bengals 84
Oakland Raiders 84
Dallas Cowboys 84
Baltimore Ravens 83
Denver Broncos 82
Tennessee Titans 82
Atlanta Falcons 81
San Diego Chargers 81
Buffalo Bills 81
Houston Texans 81
Minnesota Vikings 81
New York Giants 80
Detroit Lions 80
Philadelphia Eagles 80
New Orleans Saints 80
Washington 79
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 79
Indianapolis Colts 78
Los Angeles Rams 78
Jacksonville Jaguars 78
Miami Dolphins 77
New York Jets 77
San Francisco 49ers 75
Chicago Bears 74
Cleveland Browns 73

Middle 14 (Rick is playing, don't care what he says) is Dallas down to Washington.

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 7:44 PM
I'm live.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:49 PM
These are the overall ratings

New England Patriots 87
Carolina Panthers 87
Green Bay Packers 85
Pittsburgh Steelers 85
Seattle Seahawks 85
Kansas City Chiefs 85
Arizona Cardinals 84
Cincinnati Bengals 84
Oakland Raiders 84
Dallas Cowboys 84
Baltimore Ravens 83
Denver Broncos 82
Tennessee Titans 82
Atlanta Falcons 81
San Diego Chargers 81
Buffalo Bills 81
Houston Texans 81
Minnesota Vikings 81
New York Giants 80
Detroit Lions 80
Philadelphia Eagles 80
New Orleans Saints 80
Washington 79
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 79
Indianapolis Colts 78
Los Angeles Rams 78
Jacksonville Jaguars 78
Miami Dolphins 77
New York Jets 77
San Francisco 49ers 75
Chicago Bears 74
Cleveland Browns 73

Middle 14 (Rick is playing, don't care what he says) is Dallas down to Washington.

We should go lower than that surely? Bottom 14!

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 7:53 PM

Looking at it, that's what I was thinking... but maybe excluding bottom 3.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:53 PM
So you don't want to play as the 49ers again?! I can't imagine why..

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 7:54 PM
I already said we'd advance the game after a set number of days. I was thinking four but could do seven. Only exception is if a game is definitely, definitely going to be played on an agreed date (ie Torn and The Rick have a game pencilled in for the Sunday which happens to be day eight.)

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:55 PM
The thing is if you put 2 people in every division, you will probably come across things like people having to play as SF and LA to avoid having user teams controlling Seattle and Arizona.

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 7:55 PM

BBF gets his choice of team. I wouldn't want to limit Alex either or other shit players like Morrison.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 7:59 PM
Just not the Seahawks please. We saw what happened with Alex in Madden 15!

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 8:01 PM
Basically I think rule out the few teams like the Broncos, Panthers, Seahawks with elite defenses as they play themselves. But put Tom Brady in the hands of Morrison and he'll still throw 5 picks.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:02 PM
I'm live.

This is pretty brutal. Battering Hurley like this... do you feel like Mikey?

Morrison
August 31st, 2016, 8:03 PM
BBF gets his choice of team. I wouldn't want to limit Alex either or other shit players like Morrison.

this kind of online bullying is what will derail the expansion of this league!

Morrison
August 31st, 2016, 8:03 PM
Basically I think rule out the few teams like the Broncos, Panthers, Seahawks with elite defenses as they play themselves. But put Tom Brady in the hands of Morrison and he'll still throw 5 picks.

i cant even argue against this.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:06 PM
The thing is if you put 2 people in every division, you will probably come across things like people having to play as SF and LA to avoid having user teams controlling Seattle and Arizona.

Yep... NFC East is fully contained in that 14 team middle chunk.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 8:07 PM
Well the Giants and the Eagles are incredibly incredibly shit at football so they will be easy spots to fill.

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 8:09 PM
My preference is still to let people choose as far as possible. If people want to randomise within a set group of teams then I guess we do that. Either way I think splitting the Conferences geographically will happen.

Grimario
Well the Giants and the Eagles are incredibly incredibly shit at football so they will be easy spots to fill.

Washington is worse.

Beefy

Hey!

Grimario
Team Division Rating
Miami Dolphins 77 AFC East 77
New York Jets 77 AFC East 77
Buffalo Bills 81 AFC East 81
New England Patriots 87 AFC East 87
Cleveland Browns 73 AFC North 73
Baltimore Ravens 83 AFC North 83
Cincinnati Bengals 84 AFC North 84
Pittsburgh Steelers 85 AFC North 85
Indianapolis Colts 78 AFC South 78
Jacksonville Jaguars 78 AFC South 78
Houston Texans 81 AFC South 81
Tennessee Titans 82 AFC South 82
San Diego Chargers 81 AFC West 81
Denver Broncos 82 AFC West 82
Oakland Raiders 84 AFC West 84
Kansas City Chiefs 85 AFC West 85
Washington 79 NFC East 79
New York Giants 80 NFC East 80
Philadelphia Eagles 80 NFC East 80
Dallas Cowboys 84 NFC East 84
Chicago Bears 74 NFC North 74
Detroit Lions 80 NFC North 80
Minnesota Vikings 81 NFC North 81
Green Bay Packers 85 NFC North 85
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 79 NFC South 79
New Orleans Saints 80 NFC South 80
Atlanta Falcons 81 NFC South 81
Carolina Panthers 87 NFC South 87
San Francisco 49ers 75 NFC West 75
Los Angeles Rams 78 NFC West 78
Arizona Cardinals 84 NFC West 84
Seattle Seahawks 85 NFC West 85

Beefy
Washington is worse.

Torn is trolling.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 8:10 PM
Washington is worse.

Yes but we don't have a Redskins fan here who will be offended by my comments.

Matthew
August 31st, 2016, 8:11 PM
4 days would be awesome

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 8:13 PM
Yes but we don't have a Redskins fan here who will be offended by my comments.

Someone talk Gary J into buying a PlayStation

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:20 PM
So you don't want to play as the 49ers again?! I can't imagine why..

I will happily play as the 49ers.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 8:25 PM
I will be the Rams if you want to take the 49ers?

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:27 PM
I will be the Rams if you want to take the 49ers?

That's NFC West sorted then. Maybe just maybe we can do enough to stop the Seahawks getting out of the division.

Beefy
August 31st, 2016, 8:28 PM
I will happily play as the 49ers.

Trade me Kaep

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:29 PM
Trade me Kaep

Kaep is getting cut. Christian Ponder is my starting QB.

Torn
August 31st, 2016, 8:30 PM
I will trade Jared Goff so I can acquire the new GOAT QB, Dak Prescott.

Chris Dolmeth
August 31st, 2016, 8:39 PM
Lol

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:41 PM
Christ. What have I signed up for? I have like 5 people over 80 and one of them is my kicker.

Chris Dolmeth
August 31st, 2016, 8:42 PM
Torrey Smith is fast at least

And Hyde is pretty good.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:45 PM
Torrey Smith is fast at least

And Hyde is pretty good.

Staley is a good LT.

Blake Muir isn't even in the game from what I can see on EA ratings site. Can anyone with the game confirm?

Canuck
August 31st, 2016, 8:52 PM
I think I need a number 1 rated team. It is going to take a while to catch up on this game according to that battle with Pabs.

Pablo Diablo
August 31st, 2016, 8:55 PM
You just don't know the tricks of the trade yet is all.

Was trying to show you some of the common sort of plays that will be run, give you a feel for it. You'll get better faster than you think.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 8:57 PM
I think I need a number 1 rated team. It is going to take a while to catch up on this game according to that battle with Pabs.

You'll be fine. Your first task is to get good enough to beat the CPU and that shouldn't be too hard. Then improve a bit more to be able to beat Morrison and then it's only other players you have to contest with.

Morrison
August 31st, 2016, 8:57 PM
do all the skills trainer stuff. it'll give you a decent understanding of things and the mechanics of the game.

Morrison
August 31st, 2016, 8:59 PM
You'll be fine. Your first task is to get good enough to beat the CPU and that shouldn't be too hard. Then improve a bit more to be able to beat Morrison and then it's only other players you have to contest with.

you guys are all gonna look silly when i make the playoffs and lose in the second round this year, god damnit.

Grimario
August 31st, 2016, 9:00 PM
You just don't know the tricks of the trade yet is all.

Was trying to show you some of the common sort of plays that will be run, give you a feel for it. You'll get better faster than you think.

do all the skills trainer stuff. it'll give you a decent understanding of things and the mechanics of the game.

Then learn your teams playbook and the 5 cheese plays that are guaranteed yards every time. Then just rotate those 5 plays and win.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 2:40 AM
Fitz is a free agent which is cool.

Matthew
September 1st, 2016, 3:03 AM
he wont be by the time we start the league

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 3:09 AM

I was terrible when I first played madden as well, and it took a long time to progress. Two things really helped me:

- On passing routes, only look at the primary receiver. Seems obvious but I was completely ignoring him and throwing it all over the shop. Once I focused on the red route things became easier

- On rushes, don't sprint until you're past the line of scrimmage. Sprinting takes away a lot of the small movements which can help you get through holes.

On defence I just let the CPU do it's thing

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 3:27 AM
Yeah still a decent amount of time to get the new players/returning players up to speed.

Just out of interest can an online franchise be started with edited rosters? Like if Beefy was to edit his squads would we then play with those rosters?

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 4:16 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure everything is editable this year and I haven't seen that that is limited to offline CFM.

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 4:57 AM
I'm going to pick this up today if the Dyson man turns up in good enough time. I'll have a little while to practice then before we hit the ballpark!

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 4:57 AM
So if Grim and Torn want to be in the NFC West do we have any objections if we make the NFC the European + Australian Conference and the AFC the North American Conference?

Hurley get practising and see what level of team you're comfortable with in a couple of weeks.

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 5:08 AM
Can I have a good team please, because I'm going to be shit.

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 5:24 AM
These are the NFC Teams. I reckon Green Bay would be a good pick for you Beebs. One of the best Quarterbacks in the game so passing will be fairly straight-forward for you to pick up, a load of other play-makers but not too overpowered a Defense so if you get good the rest of us should still stand a chance.

Washington 79 NFC East 79
New York Giants 80 NFC East 80
Philadelphia Eagles 80 NFC East 80
Dallas Cowboys 84 NFC East 84
Chicago Bears 74 NFC North 74
Detroit Lions 80 NFC North 80
Minnesota Vikings 81 NFC North 81
Green Bay Packers 85 NFC North 85
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 79 NFC South 79
New Orleans Saints 80 NFC South 80
Atlanta Falcons 81 NFC South 81
Carolina Panthers 87 NFC South 87
San Francisco 49ers 75 NFC West 75
Los Angeles Rams 78 NFC West 78
Arizona Cardinals 84 NFC West 84
Seattle Seahawks 85 NFC West 85

Carolina or Dallas would be other options for you.

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 5:50 AM
Happy to take the Packers.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 6:15 AM
Has Torn moved to Australia?

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 8:01 AM
Just bought it. LETS GO

Grimario
September 1st, 2016, 8:09 AM
Has Torn moved to Australia?

He is a cunt so maybe he has been sent here as convict scum?

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 9:31 AM
Did the main tutorial and played my first game. Lost 13-10 vs Vikings. No idea if that means I'm shit or really shit.

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 9:35 AM
Did the main tutorial and played my first game. Lost 13-10 vs Vikings. No idea if that means I'm shit or really shit.

Its a reasonable score.

Close game, didnt get battered, was able to score a touchdown.

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 9:43 AM
I only lost because of a last second penalty that I didn't really understand.

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 10:09 AM
The skills trainer will take you through a lot of the stuff. To be honest I still don't really understand more than the basics of the defensive assignments. I find I defend better now I don't blitz very often, which helps. I think it is mroe important to learn how to play Offense and that's where the game is good with its training.

That reminds me actually, I like that the play-call menu this year give you a chance to call defensive plays by what you're trying to stop (outside run, long throw, etc). I know Torn has said a few times that he doesn't really know how to stop people doing something even he knows what they're going to do and so this should help make play-calling on that side of the ball easier.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 10:34 AM

What skillsetting? I doubt I'd keep the Vikings down to 10 points, I'd give them twice that in interception touchdowns.

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 10:40 AM
Just rookie. For the majority my defensive strategy is button bashing. I've got a decent grasp on the offensive stuff now though (I think)

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 10:42 AM
I do often ask myself after a defensive play "did I just bash buttons there??"

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 11:16 AM
Nobody gets time to plan defence. You pick one hoping it works and try to make one random change if possible.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 11:30 AM
I was good at defence when I had Cliff Avril. Two years ago when you pressed R2 at the snap the next button you had to press was always X, so you could break through the guys stood in front of the QB and take out the QB. Nowadays you don't know whether you're going to need to press X or Square which is annoying.

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 11:34 AM
It depends on the player. X is finesse move to slip past the defender and square is power move to run over him. You just need to know which player you're controlling and which one he is better at, which you can check on your player's attributes.

You were great with the Seahawks that year because you got the pressure on the QB constantly as you said but also that defense has such good awareness and play recognition that whatever play was called against you the players just swarmed all over it.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 11:35 AM
Really? If I'd know that then I'd have been even more unstoppable as JJ Watt.

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 11:49 AM
I press both buttons when controlling the lineman and just hope something happens.

I very rarely get sacks come to think of it...

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM
Yeah back when Suh was a beast last year it was almost always square for the power move.

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 1:21 PM
If we're the NFC, I don't mind taking the Vikings or the Eagles. Both have got suitably average QB's

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 1:29 PM
I'd like to be the Jaguars if I could

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2016, 1:50 PM
0-3 in my career mode with the Packers. Gulp.

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2016, 1:53 PM
I didn't mind playing as the Texans yesterday. Get to use my boy Miller again if so.

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2016, 1:54 PM
Anyone around for a quick game or two?

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 1:56 PM
Sure

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2016, 1:57 PM
Sent you an invite and for those around we are going live

Matthew
September 1st, 2016, 2:24 PM
bills

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 2:30 PM
This game is tough. Was losing 8-7 to Pablo before my game randomly crashed

Morrison
September 1st, 2016, 2:41 PM
the button you need to press with your d-lineman is prompted above their head, unless all you guys shut that feature off.

but yeah, defense is the most blah thing about the game unless you understand all the concepts and the mechanics needed to change things presnap. easiest thing is to take control of a defensive lineman and engage there, trying to break through the o-line. it takes a lot of skills on the sticks to manually play coverage in the open field, so letting the AI handle most of that is smart.

and fucking kdes, I wanted the jags.

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 2:45 PM
Are we picking teams? I'll take the San Diego Suuuuuper Chargers

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 2:51 PM
the button you need to press with your d-lineman is prompted above their head, unless all you guys shut that feature off.

but yeah, defense is the most blah thing about the game unless you understand all the concepts and the mechanics needed to change things presnap. easiest thing is to take control of a defensive lineman and engage there, trying to break through the o-line. it takes a lot of skills on the sticks to manually play coverage in the open field, so letting the AI handle most of that is smart.

and fucking kdes, I wanted the jags.

You can have them if you want. I can keep searching.

I've kind of got it down to a few: Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, and maybe the Jets. Haven't tried them yet

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 3:02 PM
Go with the Raiders. One West division to the other

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 3:07 PM
Stop picking the bloody teams already!

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 3:08 PM
You can't tell me what to do! You're not my dad!! (Pretty sure)

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 3:15 PM
There is always the possibility...

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2016, 3:16 PM
Yeah definitely taking the Texans

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 3:21 PM
Go with the Raiders. One West division to the other

I'm testing teams out as we speak

BBF
September 1st, 2016, 3:44 PM
I'm getting the hang of this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrSoIB2WYAAcIrE.jpg

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 3:52 PM
Good work Beebs!

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 3:54 PM
I think I will go with the Raiders. QB situation on the Jets was the only thing keeping me from choosing them

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 3:57 PM
Just remember, Yanks in the AFC, Rest of the World in the NFC

Beefy
September 1st, 2016, 3:57 PM
Yes, Pabs and Hurley are Yanks

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 4:21 PM
:usa:

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 4:23 PM
I think I will go with the Raiders. QB situation on the Jets was the only thing keeping me from choosing them

I was thinking about the Raiders but then I played with the Chargers last night and had a great game with Bosa so started leaning towards them.

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 4:26 PM
I'm really liking the Eagles so far, although I know we're not officially picking teams yet

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 4:40 PM
I do like the Jets defense a lot, but their starting QB situation is a bit shit

Canuck
September 1st, 2016, 4:48 PM
Anyone around for a game?

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 4:58 PM
Sure thing

Not sure if I have you on PSN - I'm TheMikeChilds

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 5:03 PM
I do like the Jets defense a lot, but their starting QB situation is a bit shit

Fitz isnt horrible

Canuck
September 1st, 2016, 5:03 PM
Play with your eyes closed

Mikey_Jones
September 1st, 2016, 5:19 PM
Streaming the pre season friendly:

https://www.twitch.tv/themikechilds

Kdestiny
September 1st, 2016, 6:12 PM
Fitz isnt horrible

When he retires I'll be in a similar mess I was in the pervious game

Morrison
September 1st, 2016, 6:21 PM
I'm really liking the Eagles so far, although I know we're not officially picking teams yet

i dont know how's to feel about this.

MMH
September 1st, 2016, 6:37 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/muhmuhhuh

Streaming my offline franchise with edited sliders if anyone is remotely arsed...

Morrison
September 1st, 2016, 9:46 PM
anybody around for a game?

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 10:11 PM
I'm down

Morrison
September 1st, 2016, 10:29 PM
:yes:

Chris Dolmeth
September 1st, 2016, 11:16 PM
Good game. I really hate kicking in this game. And there's too many drops

Morrison
September 1st, 2016, 11:21 PM
nice to know this season is gonna be like every other. kendall wright goes 4 for 146 yds but allen robinson and hurns cant catch shit. i really want to know what im not understanding when playing this game.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2016, 2:48 AM
Catching is tougher now. Players will drop easy passes and you need to select the right catch if you're in any sort of coverage (last year you could usually get away with any catch type the bulk of the times)

RFF Champ
September 2nd, 2016, 3:06 AM
I'm aggressive catching 75% of the time just to keep the ball.

Morrison
September 2nd, 2016, 3:15 AM
Catching is tougher now. Players will drop easy passes and you need to select the right catch if you're in any sort of coverage (last year you could usually get away with any catch type the bulk of the times)

a lot of the time i was just going with a vanilla catch. two or three times towards the end of the game i throw it up to allen robinson in single coverage, back of the end zone, agg catch and he couldnt bring it in. not even catching it out of bounds, just straight up not catching it. it's annoying.

MMH
September 2nd, 2016, 3:20 AM
Yeah I am having loads of drops and some fumble issues as well.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2016, 3:40 AM
We've four weeks to play with sliders etc

MMH
September 2nd, 2016, 4:02 AM
I need to find a good playbook to use. I have a couple in mind but will need to check them out/get used to them.

MMH
September 2nd, 2016, 6:11 AM
We should maybe put a list of PSN tags on the first post for this? And maybe a link to everyone's twitch account?

Mikey_Jones
September 2nd, 2016, 7:55 AM
Great idea

PSN: TheMikeChilds
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/themikechilds

MMH
September 2nd, 2016, 8:02 AM
Have made a (very small) start.

BBF
September 2nd, 2016, 8:09 AM
PSN: BBFAndy

RFF Champ
September 2nd, 2016, 8:57 AM
What do you tell your friends when they ask about the BBF bit?

BBF
September 2nd, 2016, 9:05 AM
I don't have any friends.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2016, 10:07 AM
He's still a big bees fan surely.

Canuck
September 2nd, 2016, 1:21 PM
Only lost by a last second FG in my last online match. Anyone want to play?

Kdestiny
September 2nd, 2016, 2:21 PM
Give me a few minutes and I'll be there

Canuck
September 2nd, 2016, 2:33 PM
Theres an update just about finished. Ill be around when that clues up.

Kdestiny
September 2nd, 2016, 2:59 PM
Actually, I need to hop off. Forgot I had a fantasy draft today

Beefy
September 2nd, 2016, 3:33 PM
I'm around for a while if anyone wants a game

Kdestiny
September 2nd, 2016, 3:38 PM
Well it looks like it may not happen, I'll give it a while and hop back on.

I'm starting to get the hang of the new running. I'm also finding I've been getting sacked more so the game is forcing me to be a bit smarter with my play calls

Chris Dolmeth
September 2nd, 2016, 9:40 PM
Anybody around for a game tonight?

Beefy
September 3rd, 2016, 3:46 AM
Now you mean?

BBF
September 3rd, 2016, 3:54 AM
I'm likely to be around this afternoon if anyone wants to take my online cherry? Probably 3pm-ish

RFF Champ
September 3rd, 2016, 4:11 AM
Perhaps I should be the Cardinals.

Beefy
September 3rd, 2016, 4:33 AM
Only problem with that is that you're in a group Division with Grim and Torn. So long as you don't mind playing lots of human games.

RFF Champ
September 3rd, 2016, 6:26 AM
With Torn's regimented dinner times that could prove challenging.

MMH
September 3rd, 2016, 6:44 AM
I'll be around today too.

BBF
September 3rd, 2016, 10:12 AM
Anyone around now?

BBF
September 3rd, 2016, 10:15 AM
Well I say now...after the update has installed...

Canuck
September 3rd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Let me sign up for ps plus again and Ill be on.

BBF
September 3rd, 2016, 11:57 AM
Great game, Hurley. Pissed off with my last chance at offence.