PDA

View Full Version : Redirecting error

AudioDynamite
August 17th, 2016, 4:20 PM
It seems something may be going on on your end, every time I try to go to the forums it says The www.facebook.com page isn’t workingwww.facebook.com redirected you too many times.

Now, I know it isn't me (pretty sure anyway) because this is the only place that seems to do it to me, any ideas?

LOCONUT
August 17th, 2016, 9:31 PM
Try clearing your history and cache. Facebook is poison.

AudioDynamite
August 17th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Try clearing your history and cache. Facebook is poison.

I did and nothing, I am not even connected to here from Facebook and this is the only website/forum that does this to me.

LOCONUT
August 18th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Try a different browser. It's probably a redirect virus or something similair. Did you run virus Checks?

Maybe check this out:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-remove-browser-redirect-virus/

AudioDynamite
August 18th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Try a different browser. It's probably a redirect virus or something similair. Did you run virus Checks?

Maybe check this out:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-remove-browser-redirect-virus/

I have used 3 different ones >.< I have looked this up, not a virus, many places I looked said it could be something on their end.

LOCONUT
August 18th, 2016, 2:04 AM
It's not.

LOCONUT
August 18th, 2016, 3:09 AM
Did you try the Konami Code?

Clive Plasma
August 18th, 2016, 4:23 AM
Happening with me too. Works on Chrome on my Macbook but not Safari. Works on IE not Chrome at work.

AudioDynamite
August 18th, 2016, 3:56 PM
I tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE, the only way I can get in here is if I go incognito and as I said many places I have looked said it can be on the forums end (Not just Rajah it happens to others who use this forum type)

LOCONUT
August 18th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Gotcha. Hang tight and I will summon the real people.

LOCONUT
August 18th, 2016, 11:11 PM
I have notified Xheliox and Raj. Will post an update when I get one.

John Cocktoastin
August 19th, 2016, 3:09 AM
And here I was thinking that I was special... like there was some big conspiracy against me. Though, not having my e-mails acknowledged by the Administrators and/or Webmaster might have contributed to my paranoia a little bit.

I haven't been able to log-into my account via Facebook for approximately a week or so. I've used multiple devices, browsers, etc... and I keep getting the same variation of the "Too many HTTP redirects" error message.

I wish there was a way that I could transfer my account info from the FB platform over to a conventional account.

LOCONUT
August 19th, 2016, 3:53 AM
What do you mean a conventional account? Just use your login and password and log in directly...

John Cocktoastin
August 19th, 2016, 4:56 AM
I tried that. it didn't work. if I don't use the 3rd party FB log-in it won't work.

LOCONUT
August 20th, 2016, 4:00 AM
Sorry if you are still having log in trouble. This should be resolved shortly.

AudioDynamite
August 20th, 2016, 1:55 PM
Sorry if you are still having log in trouble. This should be resolved shortly.

Yep still having issues.

AudioDynamite
August 23rd, 2016, 9:31 AM
Just an update: Still having issues, and I now def know it isn't me because I just had to wipe out my PC and it still does it.

LOCONUT
August 23rd, 2016, 10:26 PM
Thanks AD. I did get an update from the technical Admin (Xheliox) who is working on correcting this. It sounds like a bit of a pain but this will get resolved. Xheliox was voted most likely to succeed in high school so I imagine this will be quick.

virms
August 24th, 2016, 3:02 AM
If only Beefy would have seen this first. This problem would have been solved by now.

John Cocktoastin
August 24th, 2016, 3:09 AM
Awwwwww shit.

AudioDynamite
August 28th, 2016, 4:52 PM
Thanks AD. I did get an update from the technical Admin (Xheliox) who is working on correcting this. It sounds like a bit of a pain but this will get resolved. Xheliox was voted most likely to succeed in high school so I imagine this will be quick.

Hopefully soon, still getting it :)

Clive Plasma
September 7th, 2016, 3:16 PM
Is this still due a fix? Still happening to me in Safari.

LOCONUT
September 7th, 2016, 3:49 PM
I sent Raj and Xheliox a follow up on this a few days ago. I'm not sure why this is taking so long other than I was told it is a giant pain to resolve and it will eventually get done. Sorry for the delay.

The Rogerer
September 9th, 2016, 3:41 PM
haha

LOCONUT
October 28th, 2016, 6:26 PM
Is this still happening?

Judas Iscariot
October 28th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I donate an engagement ring amount of money to the Rajah Fund and I get popups and redirections in return.

Rajah
October 29th, 2016, 5:47 AM
Yeah is this still happening? I tested it on Chrome from a laptop and it worked fine. If others are finding the issue persists on other browsers, I'm honestly not sure how to fix that. My only workaround is that a temporary password can be created for your username so that you can log in the traditional way.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
October 29th, 2016, 6:51 AM
Still happening on my mobile (android, chrome browser)

RuneEdge
October 29th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I donate an engagement ring amount of money to the Rajah Fund and I get popups and redirections in return.

Soon they'll introduce a tiered subscription system, where you can pay to remove ads, redirects and free pos reps.

Slutty McWhoreface
October 29th, 2016, 5:11 PM
Glad to see it only took the tech wizards here at the Rajah Forums three months to fix(or semi-fix) this issue.

RuneEdge
October 30th, 2016, 2:25 PM
Wait a minute. There was a "hacking situation"?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
October 30th, 2016, 8:50 PM
I imagine someone added the ads to the code of the forum... via .. hacking..

xheliox
October 31st, 2016, 12:00 AM
The code is being injected -- but it does not exist on our server. I have searched all the physical .php files, as well as the style templates. It's no where to be found. It seems to reside in memcache - but even after disabling memcache, it's still happening. As far as I know, this is the only issue (popup ads)... nothing else has been compromised to the best of my knowledge. Still trying to track it down. We may engage vBulletin support in the upcoming days if I'm unable to resolve it.

John Cocktoastin
October 31st, 2016, 12:38 AM
How interesting that my original IP address isn't getting through to the server now. looks like Mr. Robot has struck again.

John Cocktoastin
October 31st, 2016, 12:46 AM
That... or one of the mods has blocked me. Yeah, I'll go with that.

RuneEdge
October 31st, 2016, 6:53 AM
The code is being injected
Rajah himself must be behind this. If anyone's going to kill his own creation, it's him...with a lethal dose of ad codes. :scared: