PDA

View Full Version : 2 functioning NES thread

The Rick
July 14th, 2016, 6:22 PM
Due to Fanny and Knee's demands. If you still have a functioning NES, discuss.

The Rick
July 14th, 2016, 6:24 PM
I indeed have a functioning NES. I still have a pile of 50 + games and I'm tired of giving Nintendo five to ten bucks for the same game year after year after freaking year. So if I buy another console to play an NES game it'll be the Retron series consoles not the new NES classic. Nintendo's already making hand over fist cash on Pokemon go. They can stick it as far as this classic consoles going.

Think of all of the great games I will not be able to play on the NES classic Blades of Steel Ninja Turtles the arcade game, Hogan's alley. I still need to go back and give Rosk's Faxanadu a proper try.

Rancid_Planet
July 14th, 2016, 7:07 PM
I've been meaning to play Star Tropics for about 26 years.

Fro
July 14th, 2016, 7:41 PM
I'm impressed and surprised that any of these still work if they were being played in 1990 or thereabouts. My NES stopped working around 2008-2009. I went through the phase where you had to blow on the cartridges/system repeatedly and push the power button left or right while you were pressing it down and all that, then it just stopped reading cartridges all together. Do you perform maintenance on it?

Also why are you paying $5-10 every year for the same games? If you downloaded Virtual Console games on the Wii you can transfer them to your Wii U.

Eddie Brock
July 14th, 2016, 7:50 PM
SNES ftw. I still have my original console (still functioning), but my mother threw out the box with most of our games. I'm left with DKC and DKC2. Two games that I've finished multiple times. I remember playing Earthworm Jim. I loved that game. I'd love to buy all of the games I've lost, but they're expensive and hard to find. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III... among dozens of others which have stood the test of time as amazing experiences.

20 years later, and I continue to find games on the SNES I haven't played.

The Rick
July 14th, 2016, 8:30 PM
Also why are you paying $5-10 every year for the same games? If you downloaded Virtual Console games on the Wii you can transfer them to your Wii U.

I was over exagerating. Kinda like when Boston says it's the best sports town? But it does seem like Nintendo gets people to buy another copy of Mario, zelda, etc... each time they release a new console. GBA, 3DS, Wii, extra fee on WiiU after a transfer if you want to play it with all of the WiiU features.

Fro
July 14th, 2016, 8:35 PM
What other town would even contend for best sports town? :dunno:

The Rick
July 14th, 2016, 8:37 PM
What other town would even contend for best sports town? :dunno:

New York.

And always will be

lotjx
July 14th, 2016, 8:41 PM
New York.

And always will be

Pittsburgh, New York has zero college anything and no one wants NBA teams. 4 Cups, 6 Super Bowl Rings, NCAA Football Champions and a few World Series.

Kneeneighbor
July 15th, 2016, 8:38 AM
I have had once of the NES since 1987 when we got it for Christmas. The other I picked up at a garage sale about 10 years ago. I do not have as many games as I once had.

Donald
July 15th, 2016, 8:42 AM
Pittsburgh, New York has zero college anything and no one wants NBA teams. 4 Cups, 6 Super Bowl Rings, NCAA Football Champions and a few World Series.

Pittsburgh is in Pennsylvania, not New York.

Hero!
July 15th, 2016, 8:51 AM
See, that was actually funny. Well done, Donald.