PDA

View Full Version : Skins don't work on my phone?

Fro
June 21st, 2016, 6:47 PM
I'm trying to switch to Metallic skin and it works on my laptop but not on my iPhone. What's the deal?

Hero!
June 21st, 2016, 6:52 PM
Nope. I use metallic, but it's always been classic on my phone

MikeHunt
June 21st, 2016, 7:03 PM
Same.

Fro
June 21st, 2016, 7:38 PM
can we fix that

Hero!
June 21st, 2016, 8:57 PM
KM is long gone and I don't think any of the other admins know how to fix things

virms
June 21st, 2016, 9:14 PM
I can fix it.

MikeHunt
June 21st, 2016, 9:39 PM
you cant diddle a phone.

LOCONUT
June 21st, 2016, 11:13 PM
Works fine for me. Looks like user error.

LOCONUT
June 21st, 2016, 11:14 PM
Not kidding. It works perfectly. You guys are wankers.

Fro
June 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
What phone do you have?

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 7:17 PM
ok fro. I offered to fix it but you ignored me.

Grimario
June 22nd, 2016, 10:51 PM
I'm trying to switch to Metallic skin and it works on my laptop but not on my iPhone. What's the deal?

What doesn't work about it?

They're all fine on android apart from not being able to open spoilers on the mobile specific one.

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 11:48 PM
wut?

Grimario
June 23rd, 2016, 12:42 AM
I am asking what specifically doesn't "work".
Is it exclusively the Metallic skin or skins in general?
What happens when he attempts to change it, does it do nothing, generate an error, refresh on the default skin etc?

I then made comment that skins are fine on my android with the exception of spoiler buttons that you cannot click on.

Hero!
June 23rd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Yes, on iphone, it automatically reverts to the basic skin

Fro
June 23rd, 2016, 4:05 PM
I am asking what specifically doesn't "work".
Is it exclusively the Metallic skin or skins in general?
What happens when he attempts to change it, does it do nothing, generate an error, refresh on the default skin etc?

I then made comment that skins are fine on my android with the exception of spoiler buttons that you cannot click on.

None of the skins work on my iPhone. You switch it to Metallic (for example) and the page reloads and now it says Metallic in the lower left corner but the skin has not changed, it's still the normal black and red.

As an aside, the metallic skin could use some fixing up. Sometimes the page #'s don't show up when you're browsing a forum because it's grey text on a grey background. I don't need lots of fancy skins but it would be cool to have a light skin (i.e. White background) that's done well.

LOCONUT
June 23rd, 2016, 9:44 PM
Ok, I will have a look tonight. I just got back into town. I think the real issue is that iPhones are fucking garbage.

Grimario
June 23rd, 2016, 10:20 PM
None of the skins work on my iPhone. You switch it to Metallic (for example) and the page reloads and now it says Metallic in the lower left corner but the skin has not changed, it's still the normal black and red.

As an aside, the metallic skin could use some fixing up. Sometimes the page #'s don't show up when you're browsing a forum because it's grey text on a grey background. I don't need lots of fancy skins but it would be cool to have a light skin (i.e. White background) that's done well.

You mean like the Default skin?

Fro
June 24th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Yes

LOCONUT
June 24th, 2016, 3:24 PM
Why it's working on Android perfectly and not working on iPhone is a little above my head. I emailed Xheliox and Raj to see if they can help.

Fro
June 24th, 2016, 3:30 PM
Thanks for the effort GBF.

You mean like the Default skin?

Yes

wait, I only just realized what you meant. in my head I have been thinking "default" was the red and black one. You're correct though, the "vB4 default style" is a nice light skin that suits my needs so nevermind on improving the Metallic one.

however the issue of only the black-and-red skin working on iPhones still stands.

Judas Iscariot
June 24th, 2016, 4:54 PM
When are we getting the Dark Christmas one back?

LOCONUT
June 24th, 2016, 5:43 PM
Tonight.

katiemarie
November 4th, 2016, 2:37 AM
KM is long gone and I don't think any of the other admins know how to fix things

Or am I?

I can't fix anything anymore. They took all my superpowers away.

wardy
November 5th, 2016, 1:14 PM
Dark red should be the only skin allowed.

Judas Iscariot
November 5th, 2016, 2:26 PM
Wardy is correct.

katiemarie
November 10th, 2016, 2:01 AM
When are we getting the Dark Christmas one back?

I love that people still love Dark Christmas.

My Christmas skin seems to be the only one that managed to not turn to hot garbage.

Judas Iscariot
November 10th, 2016, 1:46 PM
Good so bring back Dark Christmas. Thanks in advance.

Clutch
November 16th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I second dark Xmas :yes:

Judas Iscariot
November 16th, 2016, 7:43 PM
Disturbing lack of Dark Christmas right now, KM, wtf