PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler arrested for domestic violence

Fanny
June 17th, 2016, 10:09 AM
sources suggesting a gun was involved (source tmz.com). Bye Jerry.

Murphy
June 17th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Officially suspended now too. That's one way to get him off our screens.

lotjx
June 17th, 2016, 10:46 AM
No choice when attempted murder is a possible outcome.

PurePlayer
June 17th, 2016, 11:17 AM

don't think there was attempted murder here.

VHS
June 17th, 2016, 11:28 AM

It wasn't attempted murder. It's said he put a gun on the counter and said "Go ahead and kill yourself." A heated fight by the sound of it... but fuck. The age range in that relationship is just creepy.

Brady
June 17th, 2016, 11:33 AM
What a badass.

Donald
June 17th, 2016, 11:34 AM
That ain't nice Donald.

The Law
June 17th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I remember hearing a story on a podcast where a guy said he was on a radio show with Lawler and there was this intern at the radio station that the guy thought was too young for him (when he was probably in his mid to late 20s) and Lawler was all over her.

He's been way better recently, but Graves should be in that spot. Freshen things up, new voice for a new era for Smackdown, give the guy who's going to have a huge future some reps. It's crazy to me that they've had Cole calling shows for almost 20 years now. Even somebody as great as Jim Ross I think I would have gotten sick of by now.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM
http://ewanvalentine.io/content/images/2015/09/Jeremy-Kyle.jpg
"There's two sides to every story!"

Hero!
June 17th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Lawler gave an interview from jail because of course he did. Claims its her fault, she gets like this when drinking.

Badger
June 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Bugger it, just as Lawler was enjoyable again. :(

Merchant4Ever
June 17th, 2016, 12:24 PM
He's taking this heel turn to the extreme, I'd say. Kayfabe lives!

Rancid_Planet
June 17th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I, for one, totally believe Jerry. Hes had a long career in the spotlight and nothing like this has ever happened with him in the past. The guy doesnt drink or do drugs ever. He was straight edge before there was such a thing. Meanwhile there seems to be a bit of history with his girl getting hammered and acting crazy. I hope when all the facts are presented the WWE understand this wasnt on him.

Anaconda Sniper
June 17th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Jerry Lawler is creepy. Hes the type of dude that would order a russian mail bride freshly turned 18 and keep her in a basement for years. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he has one.

Percussion
June 17th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Get the order an 18 yo Russian bride part, don't at all get the keep her in the basement part.

Rancid_Planet
June 17th, 2016, 12:48 PM
The dude likes younger women certainly. And at his age the ones he can get probably come with a little, shall we say, extra baggage.

Anaconda Sniper
June 17th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Hiding her from his 20 something year old wife/gf. Which is even more creepy. 2 sides to every story though that chick is just as creepy for dating someone that could be her grandfathers age.

Donald
June 17th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Ageism wtf.

Anaconda Sniper
June 17th, 2016, 12:53 PM
When he was her age and she didn't even exist yet he parents were probably teenagers. People talk how gross it is for 30 year old to date a 18 year old but jesus.

darkhorse
June 17th, 2016, 1:01 PM
While I'm not going to judge Lawler too harshly on the age thing (or anyone, within legal reason), the chances of someone dating anyone that much older purely for love are extremely slim, making engagement/marriage a fairly poor decision.

Eddie Brock
June 17th, 2016, 1:45 PM
Oh, Jerry...

No contest plea to save his job? And get Graves moved up to SmackDown.

ReDPath
June 17th, 2016, 3:48 PM
I hope they recover.

We can't all forget this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxpXaCqA3s

Bill Casey
June 17th, 2016, 4:06 PM
Details...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2016/06/17/wrestler-jerry-lawler-fiancee-arrested-domestic-assault/86028252/

According to an arrest affidavit, when police arrived McBride told officers that she and Lawler, who she has lived with for five years, got into an argument that turned violent.

McBride alleged that Lawler held her against the kitchen counter and then hit her on the left side of her head and pushed her against the stove, according to the affidavit.

She alleged that Lawler went upstairs and retrieved an unloaded pistol that he put on the kitchen counter and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler told police that he and McBride argued over her lying about where she had been. He told officers that the argument turned violent when McBride allegedly scratched him on his face, threw a candle at him and kicked him in the groin.

He said that McBride was intoxicated and alleged that she was the one who brought the pistol in the kitchen after getting it out of his garage.

Lawler told police that McBride was intoxicated and he was trying to stop her from leaving in her vehicle.

Both Lawler and McBride were arrested after police were unable to determine which one was the primary aggressor.

They were taken to the Regional Medical Center before they were booked in jail early Friday morning.

Nash Diesel
June 17th, 2016, 4:26 PM
Big fucking shocker King. You keep wanting to be with these young sluts who only want your money and then you wonder why you're in this shit? Same shit with Kat. 66 year old dudes do not understand the lifestyle of a 25 year old. Ask Hugh Heffner, his bitches are always fucking around.

The Rosk
June 17th, 2016, 4:32 PM
So is he.

Atty
June 17th, 2016, 4:46 PM
I wonder if he'll wear his crown for his mugshot.

Badger
June 17th, 2016, 4:49 PM
His joke about Booker's family portrait being a courtroom sketch is going to haunt him now.

Nash Diesel
June 17th, 2016, 4:50 PM
He should've took the straps down and piledrove that chick back to the club.

Badger
June 17th, 2016, 6:55 PM
In all seriousness, Rancid has a point. Despite him going after younger women, he's been well behaved. Wouldn't surprise me if this was a bullshit story made up.

Rancid_Planet
June 17th, 2016, 7:48 PM
I wouldnt doubt if things got physical to a degree. Dealing with a drunken lunatic can be a little, dangerous. But do I think for a second Jerry saw her drunk and out partying and just kicked her ass? Fuck no. That is not Jerry. My guess is she just went off on him in a drunken rage as shes been reported of doing in the past.

Its just social media thats killing me right now. The know nothings are all calling him a drunken roid head because they didnt read anything beyond the headline and they don't have any idea who Jerry Lawler is.

lotjx
June 17th, 2016, 7:56 PM
After Benoit, I don't put anything past anyone.

Bill Casey
June 17th, 2016, 8:08 PM
I feel like I don't have enough information to form an opinion on this...
So I'm giving each of them the benefit of the doubt...

Either could be telling the truth...

Mark Hammer
June 17th, 2016, 9:14 PM
Puppies!

Mark Hammer
June 17th, 2016, 9:17 PM
On a side note I met one of Jerry Lawler's girlfriends several years ago. Like 2008 ish when I still lived in Memphis. She was a 20 something stripper that worked at the Gold Club on Summer Ave. The King was not present unfortunately.

mth
June 17th, 2016, 10:01 PM
I feel like I don't have enough information to form an opinion on this...
So I'm giving each of them the benefit of the doubt...

Either could be telling the truth...

This. People are acting like they know Jerry Lawler personally because they watch him on TV.

Badger
June 17th, 2016, 11:42 PM
As is the cornerstone of these boards mth, speculation and bullshit.

virms
June 18th, 2016, 4:29 PM
This. People are acting like they know Jerry Lawler personally because they watch him on TV.

I probably know jerry the best on these boards as my grandpa and I watched him for years in Evansville, Indiana every other week for almost a decade. I have seen so many lawler/dundee matches in person it is sickning. I have met him and talked to him countless times over 3 decades for at least 4 or 5 minutes at a time. In that time spent with him I deem him guilty with a sentence of death.

Case solved.

VHS
June 18th, 2016, 4:32 PM
On a side note I met one of Jerry Lawler's girlfriends several years ago. Like 2008 ish when I still lived in Memphis. She was a 20 something stripper that worked at the Gold Club on Summer Ave. The King was not present unfortunately.

What a story, Mark.

Atty
June 18th, 2016, 8:30 PM
Does this mean we can get Heyman on commentary again?

Judas Iscariot
June 18th, 2016, 8:49 PM
Joey Styles please.

The answer is always Joey Styles.

Atty
June 18th, 2016, 8:50 PM
OH MY GOD!

The Law
June 19th, 2016, 12:07 AM
I just hope they don't replace him with Tazz.

Atty
June 19th, 2016, 12:08 AM
I'd take Tazz over Byron Saxton

Bill Casey
June 19th, 2016, 2:38 AM
I just hope they don't replace him with Tazz.

It's gonna be Booker T...

http://i.imgur.com/Qq4ansU.jpg

Bill Casey
June 19th, 2016, 2:44 AM
Does this mean we can get Heyman on commentary again?

http://i.imgur.com/C0QCGKY.jpg

Badger
June 19th, 2016, 5:20 AM
Get Don West.

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2016, 5:32 AM
Fuck no.

Badger
June 19th, 2016, 5:36 AM
What are you on about? Don West was great. He made everything seem exciting.

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2016, 5:39 AM
He is better than Tenay.

Badger
June 19th, 2016, 7:55 AM
For what he lacked in personality, Tenay provided the facts. Don provided the colour. It was a good mix.

Fanny
June 19th, 2016, 9:16 AM
Jerry Lawler has always come across as a genuinely misogynistic, lewd, seedy, nasty dinosaur and I hope he's finally put out to pasture off the back of this.

Judas Iscariot
June 19th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Didn't Lawler famously diddle an underaged girl?

Rancid_Planet
June 19th, 2016, 1:46 PM
Charges were dropped.

Badger
June 19th, 2016, 2:02 PM
Excellent. :yes:

mth
June 22nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
Lawler's replacement on Smackers is:
David Otunga

Spedizzo
June 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
WWE is such a racially diverse leader in all facets of the company!

The Rogerer
June 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
Excellent. :yes:Not really

Nash Diesel
June 22nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
Lawler's replacement on Smackers is:
David Otunga

lol. Hey he might actually be good idk but dear Lord I thought that jabroni was long gone.

Hero!
June 22nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
lol. Hey he might actually be good idk but dear Lord I thought that jabroni was long gone.

He does the RAW pre-show every week

Atty
June 22nd, 2016, 11:17 AM
So does the correct choice for replacement.

Nash Diesel
June 22nd, 2016, 11:23 AM

Do people actually watch that?

So does the correct choice for replacement.

yes, yes he does :)

Peter Griffin
June 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM

It's been Stanford/Booker/Graves last few times I watched it.

Atty
June 22nd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Booker and Otunga look the same to Hero.

Hero!
June 22nd, 2016, 11:57 AM

Because Otunga moved onto donig commentary a few weeks back for Main Event.

Peter Griffin
June 22nd, 2016, 11:58 AM
Well he doesn't DO the pre show every week then does he?

Mark Hammer
June 22nd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Not really

You don't know that, maybe the little girl got a lot of money.

Badger
June 22nd, 2016, 3:08 PM
Not really

The girl admitted to lying about it.

Slutty McWhoreface
June 22nd, 2016, 8:26 PM
Doesn't mean she wasn't paid-off to keep her mouth shut.

lots of rumors of Lawler diddling young broads back in the day.

I know that doesn't make them true... but I'm keeping an open mind about it.

Slutty McWhoreface
June 22nd, 2016, 8:27 PM
I get the sinking feeling that we're gonna get stuck with Mauro and Byron when Smackdown goes live.

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 8:34 PM

Booker and Otunga look the same to Hero.

This goes back to the NIG REF days. I remember cewsh abandoning a msn chat the first time NIG REF popped up.

sam_elmendorf
June 22nd, 2016, 9:23 PM
Does NIG REF mean what I think it means, or does it mean something else.

Slutty McWhoreface
June 22nd, 2016, 9:24 PM
Nigger referee.

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 9:51 PM

It means what you are thinking.

Nigger referee.

You don't have to say it out loud ffs.

Rancid_Planet
June 22nd, 2016, 10:07 PM
What? If he says it three times then one will actually appear?

Atty
June 22nd, 2016, 10:48 PM

I think it does mean what I think you think you're thinking.

sam_elmendorf
June 22nd, 2016, 11:05 PM
So, cewsh is a racist?

Atty
June 22nd, 2016, 11:07 PM
Big time. You should hear what he calls the gays.

Slutty McWhoreface
June 22nd, 2016, 11:21 PM
It means what you are thinking.

You don't have to say it out loud ffs.I didn't.

I typed it.

Slutty McWhoreface
June 22nd, 2016, 11:22 PM
Nigerian Referee.

better?

Percussion
June 22nd, 2016, 11:23 PM
But there's no shock value in that is there?

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM
So, cewsh is a racist?

Racist in the sense he tolerates all races. Which is very racist.

Atty
June 22nd, 2016, 11:43 PM
Cewsh hates fag

virms
June 22nd, 2016, 11:44 PM
Only when they say no.

Hero!
July 1st, 2016, 11:53 AM
Charges dropped

Excel
July 1st, 2016, 1:53 PM
Good news. Nothing sticks when you're The King

Atty
July 1st, 2016, 2:01 PM
He sure knocked that one out quickly.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 2:09 PM
He doesn't beat around the bush.

The Rogerer
July 1st, 2016, 2:16 PM
It's not really good news

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 2:23 PM
Were you there Rog?

Seanny One Ball
July 1st, 2016, 2:30 PM
What difference would that make?

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 2:32 PM
Why isn't it good news that the charges were dropped?

And I want to know more about this "nig ref" thing that I read on the previous pages.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 2:34 PM
What brings you up here Seanny?

Anyway, I mean that because of King's reputation about dating younger women, people automatically assume the worst without knowing all the facts. We don't know all the facts, and the fact there were no major injuries suffered means charges dropped was the obvious outcome.

Seanny One Ball
July 1st, 2016, 2:41 PM
What brings you up here Seanny?

Anyway, I mean that because of King's reputation about dating younger women, people automatically assume the worst without knowing all the facts. We don't know all the facts, and the fact there were no major injuries suffered means charges dropped was the obvious outcome.

I just saw the thread title and thought I'd have a look.

I think what Rog means is that: A. the whole thing isn't something to be particularly proud of and B. you said "excellent" when you heard the charges were dropped but not when Lawler was charged indicating you are biased towards the male accused as though he were somehow the victim. I dunno i haven't clicked any links and i'm going off reactions.

Atty
July 1st, 2016, 2:45 PM
Why isn't it good news that the charges were dropped?

And I want to know more about this "nig ref" thing that I read on the previous pages.

Nig ref's a legend. I can't wait for his hall of fame induction. Bret will stand there and say "Nig ref never screwed me over. Nig ref is a legend."

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 2:47 PM

I think what Rog means is that: A. the whole thing isn't something to be particularly proud of and B. you said "excellent" when you heard the charges were dropped but not when Lawler was charged indicating you are biased towards the male accused as though he were somehow the victim. I dunno i haven't clicked any links and i'm going off reactions.

Where did he say "excellent"? He made a joke and that was it lol. Are you reading the right shit homeboy?

Seanny One Ball
July 1st, 2016, 2:48 PM
Excellent. :yes:

Where did he say "excellent"? He made a joke and that was it lol. Are you reading the right shit homeboy?

^^^

That was literally the first post after the post saying charges were dropped.

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 2:49 PM
Nig ref's a legend. I can't wait for his hall of fame induction. Bret will stand there and say "Nig ref never screwed me over. Nig ref is a legend."

Bret?

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 2:51 PM
Charges dropped

Good news. Nothing sticks when you're The King

He sure knocked that one out quickly.

He doesn't beat around the bush.

These are the only posts before Badger's after Hero posted the charges were dropped so I'm not seeing what you are seeing at all buddy.

^^^

That was literally the first post after the post saying charges were dropped.

Badger

I don't think he was referring towards me at all there. "Charges dropped" I misread at first before I realised Rancid meant a different case. But on the whole, yes I do think Lawler gets a bad rep especially in this case so I was happy for him. Of course the whole incident is embarassing. I was initially upset because Lawler was doing well in commentary lately then hearing he was suspended indefinitely.

Atty
Nig ref never screwed Bret. Sure he didn't work there when Bret was tapping to sharpshooters, but still. Bret would like him. He might even call him Virgil.

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 2:53 PM
SOB, I went back like 5 pages to June 19th and found the post you were talking about. My bad I was going by the post Hero made since today I believe was the actual hearing.

Seanny One Ball
July 1st, 2016, 2:54 PM
It's only on the previous page for me.

Seanny One Ball
July 1st, 2016, 2:55 PM
I don't think he was referring towards me at all there. And yes I do think Lawler gets a bad rep especially in this case so I was happy for him. Of course the whole incident is embarassing. I was initially upset because Lawler was doing well in commentary lately then hearing he was suspended indefinitely.

I read the thread as if it was all one big conversation that happened today so meh, maybe he wasn't referring to you but he said two very similar things there right after two of your posts.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 3:00 PM
I read the thread as if it was all one big conversation that happened today so meh, maybe he wasn't referring to you but he said two very similar things there right after two of your posts.

His post today was directed towards Excel saying it was good news.

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 3:01 PM
It's only on the previous page for me.

Yeah I need to expand my viewing from 25 to 100 lol

Fanny
July 1st, 2016, 3:01 PM
Jesus Christ

Nash Diesel
July 1st, 2016, 3:03 PM
Jesus Christ

walks into a hotel, hands the inn keeper 3 nails and asks, "Can you put me up for the night?"

Atty
July 1st, 2016, 3:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5HdKj6p.jpg

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 3:23 PM
If only Rabbi Tangerine was still aroind, this would call for the crucified Punk pic.

Rancid_Planet
July 1st, 2016, 5:42 PM
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0701/613210/jerry-lawler-wwe-suspension-lifted/

Suspension dropped.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 5:42 PM
:yes:

The Rogerer
July 1st, 2016, 5:50 PM
There's one thing saying innocent until proven guilty, but charges being dropped is good news to nobody unless you're the one being charged.

VHS
July 1st, 2016, 5:59 PM
There's one thing saying innocent until proven guilty, but charges being dropped is good news to nobody unless you're the one being charged.

Bullshit. Friends... family? Fans? Colleagues? :wtf:

It's either good news to nobody but Jerry, or bad news to everyone including Jerry though right? How about be happy they were dropped, which were most likely for good reason.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 6:00 PM
Rog, of course it's not an episode Lawler or anyone wants to remember. I'm just happy to see him back on TV as he's been doing well up until this point, then a story breaks out and people jump to conclusions.

The Rogerer
July 1st, 2016, 6:09 PM
which were most likely for good reason.Thats the hilarious part.

Badger
July 1st, 2016, 6:17 PM
Did he pay her off lolz!

Slutty McWhoreface
July 1st, 2016, 9:17 PM
If he hasn't already, I really hope that he's smart enough to call it quits with this dumb twat. When there's that much of an age difference, it's never gonna work in the end. immaturity and alcohol are never a good mix. Not sure why Jerry feels the need to do more than date these young broads... his history doing so isn't exactly sterling.

i'm glad this will finally be behind him.

He will be saving us from the possibility of a Saxton/Ranallo announce duo on Smackdown.

Kneeneighbor
July 1st, 2016, 10:32 PM
You should try banging younger crazy chicks. It's a lot of fun.

sam_elmendorf
July 1st, 2016, 10:39 PM
I would be ok with Saxon/Ranallo on Smackdown and fucking all that is holy in this fucking universe, get rid of JBL and have Cole/King do RAW!

sam_elmendorf
July 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM
They can't use the Jerry might have a heart attack on live tv excuse to not put him back on RAW.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 1st, 2016, 11:01 PM
You should try banging younger crazy chicks. It's a lot of fun.
I have. but being in relationships with them is a whole new ballgame.

sure... young crazy chicks can do some real neat shit to your bone-- but having them move in with you?

he's almost 40-years her senior... that's fucking insanity.

most be some top-tier twat to put-up with that kind of nonsense.

Alcohol is obviously intoxicating, but not as intoxicating as young snatch.

Excel
July 2nd, 2016, 3:13 AM

Bullshit. It's good news because it means things were possibly blown out of proportion. That if he did do anything it wasn't anything serious. It means that a woman didn't get her ass beat. It means that we get King back before the draft. It means that King can put this thing behind him. These things are all good news.

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 3:24 AM
Bullshit. It's good news because it means things were possibly blown out of proportion. That if he did do anything it wasn't anything serious. It means that a woman didn't get her ass beat. It means that we get King back before the draft. It means that King can put this thing behind him. These things are all good news.Is this a wind up?

Well I suppose I should be delighted. An influential man wasn't charged with anything which is undoubtedly a glorious sign, and I can't wait for him to return to the job he should have retired form 10 years ago.

Fanny
July 2nd, 2016, 3:52 AM
he's a fucking arsehole and always has been, I can't understand the outpouring of love for him. Oh wait I can this place is full of manchild fuckwits.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 4:09 AM
He was no doubt stale for a long time and his "PUPPIES!" shtick, but when he went heel it gave him a new lease of life. He's influential, he could do much better at relationships but I don't believe he's a deliberately shit human being.

Mik
July 2nd, 2016, 5:58 AM
Some nice casual misogynistic references in here. I particularly like the woman involved being referred to only in the slang terms for her genitals.

Progressive.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:26 AM
Some nice casual misogynistic references in here. I particularly like the woman involved being referred to only in the slang terms for her genitals.

Progressive.

Just a bad pun Mik playing off of Atty, don't take it too seriously. It was a way of saying he doesn't beat her up. It's not like Mark Hammer/Rousey shit. I'm happy this thing has ended without further incident and that no-one was seriously hurt and the company has seen fit to have Lawler come back so this can be moved on from.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2016, 7:02 AM
I don't understand the Rogerer at all here unless he was there and knows something we don't, goes without saying domestic abuse is abhorrent but yeh if its been dropped then so be it, besides which weren't both parties implicated in this case or do we only concentrate on the male in these situations?. Cue me getting accused of being sexist and condoning abuse or such nonsense.

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 8:13 AM
Everyone else is assuming things. If you think charges being dropped is a positive sign then you're basically a child.

Then there's a second layer where the good news is 'Jerry Lawler back on commentary'. Then you're just a demented child.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 9:07 AM
I haven't assumed anything, I've said from the get-go we don't know all the facts. All we've been presented with is a strange argument that befuddled the cops. No real physical harm was done and it sounds like both parties just wanted to drop the whole thing.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2016, 9:20 AM
I think Rog is doing the assuming from atop his high horse.

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 9:32 AM
I think it's well proven that horrible people can hide in plain sight and everyone just shrugs. I personally think he's an arsehole and a crooked bastard but I've been completely neutral throughout. If it's stupid to assume that Lawler did something, it's equally stupid to assume he didn't. Probably more actually considering he's a wealthy celebrity with a damn good attorney.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 9:40 AM
I don't see why Lawler's celebrity status is relevant. Not every celebrity arrested gets away scot-free because they're a celebrity.

Atty
July 2nd, 2016, 9:42 AM
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/legacy/i/partypictures/02_22_16/oj/simpson.trial_.jpg

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 9:43 AM
I don't see why Lawler's celebrity status is relevant. Not every celebrity arrested gets away scot-free because they're a celebrity.Were you there?

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 9:43 AM
Well yeah he's an exception Atty.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2016, 9:45 AM
Were you there?

Were you?

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 9:47 AM
Were you there?

I'm not saying celebreties using their status doesn't happen at all, but that it's wrong to just tar Lawler with the same brush when no one knows the facts.

JP
July 2nd, 2016, 9:50 AM
Is this thread carefully constructed satire?

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 9:51 AM
I'm not saying celebreties using their status doesn't happen at all, but that it's wrong to just tar Lawler with the same brush when no one knows the facts.

Okay I won't. I've already done that. Are you going to do the same and remove your thumbs up?

JP
July 2nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Why are people telling Rog not to assume things (he's not) while assuming things themselves?

Am I missing something here, like a one big group joke that's somehow flying over my head?

JP
July 2nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Can I make a post in this thread that's not a question?

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
Why are people telling Rog not to assume things (he's not) while assuming things themselves?

Am I missing something here, like a one big group joke that's somehow flying over my head?

He's assuming there's more to the charges being dropped. I'm looking at the situation objectively saying we have no real proof. Lawler was getting back to his old self on commentary and had kept out of trouble before this happened so I'm willing to give him another chance putting it down to a blip and so are WWE. It's really not worth dwelling on it.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM

So by batting away any suggestion that the case has been closed with good reason is Rog not assuming that Lawler is guilty? also he is ignoring the fact that both were on charge!
Again all I'm assuming is that there is good reason the case was dropped, call me naive or whatever, but I don't see why we are accused of assuming when Roger isn't.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2016, 10:15 AM
For the record Badger his being good on commentary has nothing to do with this as far as I'm concerned.

The Rogerer
July 2nd, 2016, 10:18 AM
So by batting away any suggestion that the case has been closed with good reason is Rog not assuming that Lawler is guilty? also he is ignoring the fact that both were on charge!
Again all I'm assuming is that there is good reason the case was dropped, call me naive or whatever, but I don't see why we are accused of assuming when Roger isn't.Happy to help you stupid bitter bastard. You're assuming something - you're assuming the crux of the matter.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 10:21 AM
For the record Badger his being good on commentary has nothing to do with this as far as I'm concerned.

I know it isn't really, I was just explaining my reaction as to why I was dismayed at the time of Lawler being charged.

Atty
July 2nd, 2016, 10:23 AM
Can I make a post in this thread that's not a question?

I don't know, can you?

Excel
July 2nd, 2016, 4:06 PM
What a shitshow

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 5:49 PM
I haven't assumed anything, I've said from the get-go we don't know all the facts. All we've been presented with is a strange argument that befuddled the cops. No real physical harm was done and it sounds like both parties just wanted to drop the whole thing.

You've assumed two things immediately in this very post though: That it was excellent news that charges were dropped and that both people just wanted to drop the whole thing. Not to mention your bizarre enjoyment of the "it was alright in the 70's" type commentary. Stop with the concerned "I'm just glad" nonsense you sound like a menopausal woman on a phone tree describing her soaps.

Mik
July 2nd, 2016, 5:51 PM
Just a bad pun Mik playing off of Atty, don't take it too seriously. It was a way of saying he doesn't beat her up. It's not like Mark Hammer/Rousey shit. I'm happy this thing has ended without further incident and that no-one was seriously hurt and the company has seen fit to have Lawler come back so this can be moved on from.

I wasn't talking about you. Don't be so self absorbed.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 5:57 PM
You've assumed two things immediately in this very post though: That it was excellent news that charges were dropped and that both people just wanted to drop the whole thing. Not to mention your bizarre enjoyment of the "it was alright in the 70's" type commentary. Stop with the concerned "I'm just glad" nonsense you sound like a menopausal woman on a phone tree describing her soaps.

:wtf:

Where did I say anything was alright in the 70's? I'm just saying to Rog not to judge Lawler too quickly.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 5:59 PM
I wasn't talking about you. Don't be so self absorbed.

Misunderstanding on my part then. I thought you were referring to my "beat around the bush" comment which wasn't serious.

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:04 PM
:wtf:

Where did I say anything was alright in the 70's? I'm just saying to Rog not to judge Lawler too quickly.

Jesus... Stupid me for thinking you could follow a linear train of thought.

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:10 PM
Misunderstanding on my part then. I thought you were referring to my "beat around the bush" comment which wasn't serious.

all of this goes without saying given the man clearly couldn't care less

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:11 PM
Jesus... Stupid me for thinking you could follow a linear train of thought.

You're reading too much into my reaction here. All I'm saying is we can't hang too much on Lawler for this when we don't know the full story. For someone who is the first to defend virm against this type of thing, I thought you might understand.

RuneEdge
July 2nd, 2016, 6:17 PM
What a shitshow

I dunno. I'm enjoying this. :yes:

Mik
July 2nd, 2016, 6:27 PM

No.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:33 PM
No.

Sorry, I thought your mysogynistic swipe was mainly aimed at me. If it was directed more towards others, then fair enough. :yes:

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:36 PM
You're reading too much into my reaction here. All I'm saying is we can't hang too much on Lawler for this when we don't know the full story. For someone who is the first to defend virm against this type of thing, I thought you might understand.

No you're just talking complete bollocks again. Stop being an idiot.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:39 PM

Forgive me for not immediately blaming Lawler. What sidecare you on?

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:43 PM
Sorry, I thought your mysogynistic swipe was mainly aimed at me. If it was directed more towards others, then fair enough. :yes:

He knows, stop talking. Fuck me you repeat yourself pathologically. The worst part is that everyone knows what you are on about, disagrees and just wants to ignore you yet you keep flapping away like a falling turkey, inelegant and vast

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:45 PM
Forgive me for not immediately blaming Lawler. What sidecare you on?

how far away from the point are you trying to get?

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:52 PM
Yo6 can scrutinise me all you like. Sorry if I'm repeating myself but it's the same point I have to make. There's no real evidence to hang Lawler. End of.

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 6:55 PM
Wheres that bang head smiley gone

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 6:59 PM
:banghead:

Bill Casey
July 2nd, 2016, 7:01 PM
We don't know if the charges being dropped is a good thing or not...
It's a nebulous situation...

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 7:04 PM

At the moment I'm assuming it's good (yes sorry if I'm assuming here). If more details emerge where the police have to get re-involved, then I will reconsider.

virms
July 2nd, 2016, 8:49 PM
I want a sob vs badger fight for rajah charity.

Badger
July 2nd, 2016, 8:55 PM
If wardy brings it up in his Rajah Rumble, then you may get your wish. Otherwise, I'm exhausted with the whole thing.

Seanny One Ball
July 2nd, 2016, 9:41 PM
It's a nebulous situation...

I feel a bit Charlie Kaufman after this thread. A bit too long looking into opposing faced mirrors. Insert quote about looking into the void and the void looking back but now with Badger's big moon face.

Atty
July 2nd, 2016, 9:51 PM
This is still going?

Rancid_Planet
July 2nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Oog bored. Rip oog head off.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-29-2014/X8Qlgw.gif

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 4:45 AM
Can't go wrong with Adult Swim.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 6:13 AM

I think you've misread this as an insult against you and virm. I was illustrating that virm (ie Lawler in this situation) gets unnecessary heat and I'm agreeing with you.

The Rogerer
July 3rd, 2016, 8:27 AM
Jerry Lawler fucked a child up the arse

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 8:29 AM
Speculation.

Seanny One Ball
July 3rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
I think you've misread this as an insult against you and virm. I was illustrating that virm (ie Lawler in this situation) gets unnecessary heat and I'm agreeing with you.

I haven't misread anything as anything because I'm not a fucking moron. I just want you to belt up.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 11:18 AM
I haven't misread anything as anything because I'm not a fucking moron. I just want you to belt up.

Your first visit to the wrestling forums in years is tied up with me potentially finding faults in the Lawler case for some odd reason. If I want to state that I will state that. You can go back to Asylum and Entertinment posting you know.

Seanny One Ball
July 3rd, 2016, 1:19 PM
Yeah or on the other hand I poke my head into an interesting thread and find it occupied by you repeating yourself and getting everything wrong again. It would be nice not to see that in virtually every thread you post in but a man can't have everything. Don't be so fucking self important, nobody enters a thread hoping to see you filling it with bollocks.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 1:26 PM
I saw a case against Lawler, I didn't entirely agree with it and repeatedly stated so. Doesn't matter if you agree or not, it's a bit odd you're popping up at this stage and you won't post in the wrestling forums again most likely after this You don't read every thread I post in because you don't post in the wrestling forums so your argument is flawed.

virms
July 3rd, 2016, 1:28 PM
OK guys we appreciate it.

Matthew
July 3rd, 2016, 1:43 PM
Yeah or on the other hand I poke my head into an interesting thread and find it occupied by you repeating yourself and getting everything wrong again. It would be nice not to see that in virtually every thread you post in but a man can't have everything. Don't be so fucking self important, nobody enters a thread hoping to see you filling it with bollocks.
unless the thread is named "Fill this thread with Badger bollocks"

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 1:49 PM
I'm still failing to see SOB's argument. Rog, I and a few others had a disagreement about Lawler and he pipes in here after years trying to point out this thread is all about me.

Hero!
July 3rd, 2016, 1:50 PM
Holy fucking shit

Fanny
July 3rd, 2016, 1:51 PM
Badger shut the fuck up for fucking Christ's sake.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 2:02 PM
I'm sorry if my posts in here about my opinions on Lawler annoyed everyone more than a nigger referee conversation earlier. :heart:

Fanny
July 3rd, 2016, 2:07 PM
nothing you say ABOUT anything in particular offends anyone ever. Everything you post about people posting toward you, about you, against you, misunderstanding you or you misunderstanding them is the most painful thing to read on the fucking entire internet every single time you do it, which constitutes roughly 60 - 70% of your posts. I genuinely think you might be slightly mentally retarded or have an extremely low IQ or something. No offense.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 2:10 PM
I didn't get why SOB was initially upset at me after I sarcastically said to Rog if he was there. Things escalated.

Fanny
July 3rd, 2016, 2:12 PM
Badger, read my post and then read that post you just made after it and tell me in all honesty if you cannot see why it delivers my entire case in point.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 2:17 PM
(Non-sarcastic) You're right. You're a good man Fanny. Sorry for being an arse to you lately. :heart:

Rog and Bill Casey are right to be wary of Lawler. I hope this doesn't escalate further.

Seanny One Ball
July 3rd, 2016, 3:17 PM
I'm still failing to see SOB's argument. Rog, I and a few others had a disagreement about Lawler and he pipes in here after years trying to point out this thread is all about me.

There is no argument, just me seeing what is going on and being amazed that you still think you're somehow being misunderstood. You don't even get the most simple aspect of what is going on here...your post immediately is wrong.

Put it this way Badger:

Nobody misunderstands you because we're all much much smarter than you are. Generally people just think it's fucking sad that you have to bleat on and on about everything as if your 15th attempt at getting your already well established, crushingly basic stance across despite it having been fucking evident from the get go will somehow lead to everyone going "OH YEAH! Badger you're so right! How could we not have gotten that STRAIGHT AWAY!?".

It's like watching someone explain a knock knock joke, the arrogance of a moron thinking they have the right to enlighten ANYONE to the secrets of such a basic and obvious question nobody asked. It's staggering to think that you can operate in a civilised society without being condemned to a life in sheltered care.

Your stupidity is infuriating.

People explain things to you, you ignore them and as punishment for the folly of trying to advance your mind you attempt to explain things that go without saying over and over and over again until real people in the real world with can't be fucked with you.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 3:27 PM
I wasn't deliberately trying to impinge on everyone here, but I do see how it comes across.

virms
July 3rd, 2016, 3:46 PM
Mike is going to have his day made when he sees this.

G-Fresh
July 3rd, 2016, 4:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKFlhczTPUw

Rancid_Planet
July 3rd, 2016, 4:34 PM
https://youtu.be/nWjE5w7-eD4

MikeHunt
July 3rd, 2016, 4:45 PM
OH MY GOD STOP!!!!

Mik
July 3rd, 2016, 5:01 PM

It wasnt, it was. This is the third time I've had to tell you now.

Dont apologise, don't reply, fuck!

VHS
July 3rd, 2016, 5:02 PM
Badger, you know exactly what you're doing. People don't forget, asshole.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 5:13 PM
Badger, you know exactly what you're doing. People don't forget, asshole.

:wtf: Are you still bitter about that Facebook thing from last year?

I got carried away about Lawler here and banged on about it, I get that. I strongly believe he may be innocent but went on about it too much.

Mik
July 3rd, 2016, 5:15 PM
You want to shut up mate. Stop deconstructing your own mistakes over and over.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 5:18 PM
VHS's comment there took me by surprise, because we were all right lately bantering about Lucha and such.

MikeHunt
July 3rd, 2016, 5:21 PM
"Won't say another word on this!"

"My mistake lets move on!"

Fanny
July 3rd, 2016, 5:21 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP. STOP IT. STOP, IT. GET HELP.

VHS
July 3rd, 2016, 5:25 PM
Ugh, this will never end.

http://giant.gfycat.com/RespectfulOfficialJumpingbean.gif

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 6:29 PM
No hard feelings man, your reaction surprised me the most though.

Wonder when Lawler's return date is?

sam_elmendorf
July 3rd, 2016, 8:07 PM
Badger, stop. You voiced something that wasn't a big deal, then you let other people get in your head. I believe you have a no vacancy sign outside your thoughts, but you let them in and take them too seriously. This is rajah, you've been here long enough to know better.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 9:09 PM
Sorry if this gonna set folk off with a "HE'S REPLYING AGAIN!" feeling, but sammy's words here are incredibly deep. :yes:

Morrison
July 3rd, 2016, 9:15 PM
no they aren't, you fucking fool.

Badger
July 3rd, 2016, 9:17 PM
I do let people get in my head, he's right. Maybe not profound but it's on the mark.

mth
July 3rd, 2016, 9:21 PM
This thread is about Jerry Lawler and not about Badger. Let's get back on topic, folks...and Badger, do not reply to this, goddammit.

Matthew
July 3rd, 2016, 9:25 PM
jerry lawler is a dick because he didnt wave to me after a show. only ones who didnt were him and michael hayes the known racist.

mth
July 3rd, 2016, 10:06 PM
Were you in bad lighting so Hayes thought you were black?

virms
July 3rd, 2016, 10:08 PM
Didn't you just say this thread was about lawler, mth? You better mod yourself.

Matthew
July 3rd, 2016, 10:40 PM
god damn virm is so fucking horrible at posting

virms
July 3rd, 2016, 10:41 PM
Sick burn.

Matthew
July 3rd, 2016, 10:42 PM
jerry lawler is a massive creep though, so i think the charges being dropped doesn't exonerate him much

mth
July 3rd, 2016, 11:41 PM
Didn't you just say this thread was about lawler, mth? You better mod yourself.
Oh shit. Just a sec.

Hey mth, get back on topic. I won't tell you twice.

Right, so is anyone really that excited about Lawler coming back? I know his heel work on SD has been pretty decent but also, no one watches SD. I guess maybe once the brand split goes down, so long as he keeps up the heel act, he might add something worthwhile, but generally, I've been over Lawler for quite some time and wouldn't have been too ruffled if I never saw him again. Also, like Matthew said, he does seem like a fair bit of a creep. I guess he might be a decent dude off camera but his verbal masturbating over the women on screen always seemed pretty off-putting to me. He's got that creepy uncle vibe.

Morrison
July 3rd, 2016, 11:43 PM
Sick burn.

wasn't supposed to be a burn.

Atty
July 3rd, 2016, 11:54 PM
To be fair, I'm sure a lot of things burn to Virm.

DDT
July 4th, 2016, 12:54 AM
They make creams for most of them, though.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 4th, 2016, 10:09 AM
One of the skeevy Lawler stories going around, is that he has a foot fetish, and used to steal some of the valets shoes from the locker room and pop his cork into them.

and that's one of the less creepy Lawler stories.

this sheds a whole new light on his "Kiss My Foot Match" with Bret Hart at King Of The Ring '95.