PDA

View Full Version : The Listening Room

Fro
May 31st, 2016, 9:32 PM
what can we do to improve the listening room?

I'm on the fence about merging it with Entertainment, that can be debated, but I think one easy change that would help is to make it no longer a sub-forum of Entertainment. I mean the only other sub-forum we have is the R-Fed-Forum Archives. Show Listening Room some respect and bump it up to center stage and maybe more people will notice it.

LOCONUT
May 31st, 2016, 9:40 PM
Make me.

LOCONUT
May 31st, 2016, 9:42 PM
I honestly have no problem with that. Bit of a chicken and egg thing here though. When we created a forum for MMA it was out of demand. We just havent had much demand to really justify a move like that but I am open.

Judas Iscariot
June 1st, 2016, 2:30 AM
MMA was given a shot, at least.

I'm sure there are people who actually listen to or play music here who don't even know it exists or can't be bothered. Maybe they'll help generate discussion outside of posting youtube videos of "What Are Ya'll Jammin" or the same three people who bump the Guitar thread every four months.

LOCONUT
June 1st, 2016, 3:31 AM
MMA had a demand. It wasn't given a shot because of low activity. We just did a major editing down of the forum that was partly due to low demand. The timing seems inappropriate to now add a forum due to low demand.

Beefy
June 1st, 2016, 4:19 AM
It used to be a forum in its own right. No one posted in it so it was bumped down to a sub-forum. Football used to be a sub-forum but the traffic necessitated bumping it up. TLR's lack of traffic shows that relegating it was the right call.

My preference would be to roll it into the Entertainment forum.

MMH
June 1st, 2016, 6:35 AM
Music is dead.

i agree with Beefy's suggestion.

The Rosk
June 1st, 2016, 8:21 AM
If people want to talk about music they can. Visibility isn't an issue.

Hero!
June 1st, 2016, 9:41 AM
I don't see why it can't just be merge with these threads for people to post in whenever they like:

2016 music
concerts blahblahblah
metal discussion
hip hop discussion

other than that, people can make thread as they need or search for old ones. There's still threads from 2014 on the front page of Music and lots of them have <3 responses.

Fro
June 1st, 2016, 9:55 AM
Seems that merging with entertainment is probably a more appealing change than making Listening Room a main forum.

on the other hand, Entertainment is already plenty active. meh, I'm not as passionate about this merger as I was about OT/Asylum but it's a mainly dead forum so it could be more tidy if merged.

LOCONUT
June 1st, 2016, 10:31 AM
Ok guys just make a list of how you want everything to look and we will get right on that immediately asap without delay right away.

MikeHunt
June 1st, 2016, 11:21 AM
make a forum for every thread ever.