PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 4

Mik
May 14th, 2016, 6:44 AM
Anyone else got it yet?

OD50
May 14th, 2016, 6:51 AM
No, seems really cool though. Since I'm now back on team Playstation I might just buy it. Have not played 1-3 though.

Pablo Diablo
May 14th, 2016, 8:20 AM
They're discussing it in the PS4 thread.

LOCONUT
May 14th, 2016, 1:19 PM
Its superb.

Kdestiny
May 14th, 2016, 1:49 PM
Wonderful.

One of the best games I've ever played and was a really nice change in some ways from the rest of the franchise. The voice acting was some of the best I've ever heard.

Just a lot of great in it

LOCONUT
May 17th, 2016, 4:12 PM
Im on Chapter 16 and it keeps getting better.

we just found out that Sam has been lying about his prison break to Nate and that his intentions, as suspected, were never of the noble type.

The fight scene with Nadine was incredible. The game is so fluid in every aspect. The difficulty of the battle scenes still feels a bit easier than the previous games, and the variety of weapons is not as deep, however the overall experience is the best in the series.

This is without question my favorite PS4 game and is one of the best games I have ever played.

Marlon Dingle
May 18th, 2016, 8:31 AM
I've got an exam on Friday, once that's done, I'm gonna go buy it.

The Rogerer
May 18th, 2016, 6:17 PM
Finished it tonight. Lovely. Will sleep on it.

LOCONUT
May 21st, 2016, 1:23 AM
Im around chapter 21. I think I will finish it tonight as well.

Excel
June 5th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I'm completely addicted to the multiplayer in this, and I typically don't like multiplayer shooters? Anyone else playing it?

Jez
June 6th, 2016, 1:53 AM
My only criticism is the pacing seems a little off at times - there's sections that drag on a little long and so on. The story telling, acting, graphics, set pieces, chracter development, gameplay and everything else more than makes up for that though. Loved every second of it and I am currently loving the multiplayer despite typically only playing single player only games.

The Rogerer
June 6th, 2016, 6:18 AM
I think this is the problem with games being expected to last a certain length. It can be alright to set a tone but it's especially frustrating in Uncharted where it repeats the sin of the previous game in the treasure hunt where you run around like you're going after Carmen San Diego and going through these elaborate enormous things that just exist to point you to something that's sitting out in the open 5 minutes down the road.

The Rick
June 6th, 2016, 8:34 AM
Im on Chapter 16 and it keeps getting better.

we just found out that Sam has been lying about his prison break to Nate and that his intentions, as suspected, were never of the noble type.

The fight scene with Nadine was incredible. The game is so fluid in every aspect. The difficulty of the battle scenes still feels a bit easier than the previous games, and the variety of weapons is not as deep, however the overall experience is the best in the series.

This is without question my favorite PS4 game and is one of the best games I have ever played.

This is where I'm at. The game is fantastic.

Peter Griffin
June 6th, 2016, 8:41 AM
After completing the game once I thought I'd go after a few more trophies. So I notice the speed run trophy and figure it must be some kind of wind up, but figured I'd give it a go, set the game to easiest mode and skip all cutscenes. About halfway through and 4 hours deep, If anyone has this trophy tell me how the fuck you did it because you must be a magician.

Atty
June 10th, 2016, 8:45 PM
Just finished. Absolutely fantastic. I may still rank the second game higher, but will know on that after about five more playthroughs and getting all the single player trophies. ;)

Story and characters are top notch and gameplay is about perfect. Only weird critique I had for the entire game is that it shouldn't have started on the boat chase. That told me Sam was alive and I think it could have been a bit smoother (if that's even possible) starting straight on the orphanage. Starting on the boat copied 2 on something 2 did a lot better. Favorite final boss in the series easily. Jake Gyllenhaal makes a great dick bag.

Not sure if it's the tops this gen for me (absolutely love MGS V, Arkham Knight and Dragon Age) but it's right there in a damn near tie if it's not the tops.

Atty
June 11th, 2016, 12:53 AM
I decided to play some of the first game on the remastered collection and was wondering if anyone ever noticed a weird framerate, like it's sped up to 1.5x or something. I never noticed it before and it was a midgame save. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm coming off 4, if it's something with the remastered version or just something I've never noticed somehow.

The Rogerer
June 13th, 2016, 3:12 AM
It'll be running at 60fps which just looks faster to people, like The Hobbit 48 frames thing.

LOCONUT
June 13th, 2016, 3:30 AM
I have never played the first game.

Rancid_Planet
June 13th, 2016, 4:10 AM
I got the 1 and 2 set. Havent gotten to it yet. I might get caught up by Uncharted 5.

Atty
June 17th, 2016, 4:45 PM
Just finished replaying 2. Hadn't played it in years (maybe five?) and I'm sticking with that as my favorite. Nothing against the new game or 3, as both are fantastic too.

Marlon Dingle
August 3rd, 2016, 9:22 AM
Finally got this yesterday. Played it for a few hours, up until the level in Scotland. Girlfriend is away this weekend too, so gonna definitely have this finished in a few days.

DeepMo
August 3rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
Finally got this yesterday. Played it for a few hours, up until the level in Scotland. Girlfriend is away this weekend too, so gonna definitely have this finished in a few days.

Ain't nothing like playing with your joystick while the girlfriend's away

LOCONUT
August 7th, 2016, 3:56 AM
I'm going to replay this next week. I thought it got a little muddled toward the end but I need to go back and see if it's still as fantastic the second time around.

Mik
August 7th, 2016, 5:50 AM
I'm still slowly working my way through the game. Up to maybe chapter 19 now and it's beautiful.

Mik
August 7th, 2016, 6:30 PM
Finished...loved it.

Beefy
December 21st, 2016, 8:00 PM
So I got this in the sale. I don't think I like it. I enjoy the characters and usually characters and stories are what really get me in a game but there are gameplay conceits in Uncharted which really take me out of the game and which have got worse and worse as the series has gone on. Not just the relentless climbing and the fact that Nate is a psychopath but the fucking jumping just makes me angry. It looks so stupid. I'd hoped Naughty Dog might mix up the gameplay a little but no.

I'm only about four hours in (just escaping from the auction theft bit) and maybe it is because the levels I've played have mainly been indoors with no room to explore but the game feels massively on rails. When it isn't playing like a poor shooter or like a prettier version of Catherine it instead feels like a film with some QTE elements thrown in.

I guess coming on the heels of The Last of Us I was hoping for something more. I'll stick with it though.

Hlebsfall
December 22nd, 2016, 7:02 AM
No, trust me, it doesn't get any better. Completely forgettable game, played through it once and I have 0 desire to ever touch it again. I couldn't wait to finish it by the end it's that dull and repetitive. The climbing parts are dreadful, there is literally 0 challenge to any of them, Just hold up and to the right and press X occasionally.

The Rosk
December 22nd, 2016, 7:06 AM
I liked it, but TLOU shits on it.

Excel
December 22nd, 2016, 7:57 AM
I noticed you got a bunch of trophies when I turned on my ps4 this morning. Keep with it. It's a decent enough game. You should definitely give the multiplayer a go though. I'm not a multiplayer gamer at all but since may when it came out I've not been able to stop playing. It's so much fun.

Jez
December 22nd, 2016, 8:01 AM
No, trust me, it doesn't get any better. Completely forgettable game, played through it once and I have 0 desire to ever touch it again. I couldn't wait to finish it by the end it's that dull and repetitive. The climbing parts are dreadful, there is literally 0 challenge to any of them, Just hold up and to the right and press X occasionally.

I totally agree with this - I'm not sure if Uncharted 4 is actually worse than the older titles or if the gameplay is just a bit dated by today's standards but it's the only one I didn't complete more than once. They should've cut down on the amount of climbing sections and added in a few more puzzles as it would've made it a whole lot less repetitive and boring. Reading that this is the best reviewed game of 2016 annoyed me a bit, it most definitely does not deserve it.

The Rosk
December 22nd, 2016, 8:12 AM
What does then? Tetris? Fuck off mate, Tetris was released in 1984 you pillock

Peter Griffin
December 22nd, 2016, 8:17 AM
I quite enjoyed it tbh, but then Hlebs is a miserable twunt.

wardy
December 22nd, 2016, 8:39 AM
My favourite game of the year so far has honestly been either Majora's Mask or CM 01/02.

Jez
December 22nd, 2016, 9:22 AM
What does then? Tetris? Fuck off mate, Tetris was released in 1984 you pillock

Bit confused by this? I enjoyed Uncharted 4 but I think a lot of the very positive reviews were as a result of the immense expectation and hype, a lot of people are saying the same now that we're a few months removed from release. The campaign, which is the main reason the majority would have bought the game, undeniably has pacing issues and features a lot of climbing and platforming sections which after 4 games is a bit tired.

If it's your favourite game of the year then fair enough but I think there have been plenty more games released this year which I would class as "better." Obviously just my opinion, didn't think that warranted abuse from a mod.

EDIT: Is this because I have a N64 logo as my avatar? I don't play retro games so no Tetris is not my game of the year.

The Rosk
December 22nd, 2016, 9:25 AM
It was a joke mate.

Jez
December 22nd, 2016, 9:30 AM
Ah, very funny mate.

I will say though the multiplayer is fantastic. I don't play multiplayer on any mode more than once or twice but I put quite a few hours into UC4. Good that all the added maps and modes are free as well.

Beefy
December 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
I'll give multiplayer a go when I finish. I never got around to playing multiplayer in TLOU but I know that was well received too.

The Rosk
December 22nd, 2016, 10:20 AM
I never play the multiplayer games. Ever. Not when FIFA is just sitting there. Or a good old fat wank.

Mik
December 25th, 2016, 2:09 PM
Rosk only ever plays one game.

Miotch
December 25th, 2016, 5:06 PM
On chapter 3. It's very good.

Mr McGregor
December 25th, 2016, 5:47 PM
Sames here. Chapter 4. The gameplay is very much more of the same, but twice have had a ganders at the detail and it's given me a little shiver. Load of shit.

Mik
December 26th, 2016, 4:03 AM
Aye, uncharted is like a comfortable pair of shoes. Yes the gameplay is a bit repetitive (most games are in fairness), but the characters, the set pieces, the script, the visuals and the story very much make it a worthwhile gaming experience for me.

Beefy
December 26th, 2016, 6:40 AM
It's a stunning game there's no doubt about that. There's something about the core gameplay on this franchise which makes me struggle to connect with it

wardy
February 2nd, 2017, 1:02 PM
What sort of aiming settings do you play on? I turned aim assistance down to 0 and it doesn't seem any different from 10.

LOCONUT
February 2nd, 2017, 1:09 PM
I need to play through 4 again.

wardy
March 18th, 2017, 9:41 PM
Amazing. One of the best games I've ever played and I would bone Nate and Elena so bad.