PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Rules 2016

Pages : [1] 2

The Law
May 8th, 2016, 10:55 PM
So this is only two weeks away. Most of the card is set already.

Announced:

-Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles (Extreme Rules Match)
-The New Day vs. Vaudevillians
-Charlotte vs. Natalya (Submission Match, Ric Flair banned from ringside)

Bluegunn
May 9th, 2016, 1:13 AM
Most of the card set and only 3 matches?

Kdestiny
May 9th, 2016, 1:30 AM
Yeah, wouldn't say that's most of the card at this point.

I'm sure we will get an IC title fatal fourway soon

Sasori
May 9th, 2016, 3:42 AM
Probably get Rusev vs Kalisto as well. Hopefully not on the pre-show :fingersx:

Bill Casey
May 9th, 2016, 4:08 AM
I'm sure we will get an IC title fatal fourway soon

Probably get Rusev vs Kalisto as well.
And Jericho vs. Ambrose...

It's kind of set...
Three matches confirmed, and three more set up...

Oh, and Gallows/Anderson vs. Usos seems probable. That would make seven...

Psycho666Soldier
May 9th, 2016, 4:36 AM
Rusev/Kalisto, IC Title 4-Way, Ambrose/Jericho rematch, and if I had to wager a guess, a non-title tag match. Likely Dudleyz/Enzo & Cass if 'Zo is healthy soon enough Probably still Dudleyz/Someone otherwise. But I could see it being a non-title Women's match.

That said, Baron Corbin will be on the card somewhere, pre-show or not.

Oh, and Gallows/Anderson vs. Usos seems probable. That would make seven...

I was thinking they'd be involved in the main event, but that's actually the most likely non-title tag match to happen.

OD50
May 9th, 2016, 5:51 AM
I'd really like to see AJ and Reigns go at with no gimmicks, no Uso's, no Gallows/Anderson and no shenanigans. Hopefully at SummerSlam..

Murphy
May 9th, 2016, 5:59 AM
Can't see Reigns/Styles lasting until SummerSlam.

The Law
May 9th, 2016, 9:15 AM
Most of the card is set because in addition to those three matches we know they're doing Jericho/Ambrose again, Miz/Cesaro/Owens/Zayn was clearly set-up at Payback, Rusev vs. Kalisto will happen.

That leaves probably two more matches counting the pre-show. I don't know if they'll bother with Usos/Gallows and Anderson because they'll be involved in the main event. There could be some kind of Goldust/R-Truth pre-show match.

PurePlayer
May 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM
So we are going to have 1 extreme rules match?

The Law
May 9th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I think they'll add a stipulation to Jericho vs. Ambrose. Last Man Standing, Street Fight, Steel Cage.

None of the other matches really seem all that fitting for stipulations. Could the Vaudevillians propose some kind of weird Duchess of Queensbury Rules type of match?

PurePlayer
May 9th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Yeah Jericho vs Ambrose will definitely get a gimmick match. I wouldn't mind it being LMS since that is being built as Dean's specialty match.

MJH1986
May 9th, 2016, 10:58 AM
So we are going to have 1 extreme rules match?

Yeah, seems strange to only have the one but hopefully it adds to the match. After all it is the main event and should steal the show. If two Extreme Rules matches happened on the under card it would make the Main Event feel tired and we want the match to feel fresh.

Donald
May 9th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Hopefully we'll get to see Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler on the main show. Also, would like to see Apollo Crews face someone.

Also, if Enzo is ready, I'd like to see him and Cass cost the Vaudevillains their match.

If this event is anything like Payback, it will be a good time.

Nash Diesel
May 9th, 2016, 11:16 AM
This ppv should really have relaxed rules for the non-gimmick matches. The WWE though, they think that let's say you have a table spot in a non-Tables match, that it will take away from the actual Tables match. But then they will book a ppv called TLC, where 3 of the 4 gimmick matches have an element of a TLC match that they will also book.

Sasori
May 9th, 2016, 1:59 PM
Can't see Reigns/Styles lasting until SummerSlam.

Yeah, Trips is going to want his rematch.

JPWalkman
May 14th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Am I wrong in thinking Jericho vs Ambrose will end up being a Stray Jacket Match. That seems like it. Get the Stray Jacket on for the win. Ambrose can win, He can put the Stray Jacket on Jericho and get the mental institution guys to take him away and that could be the Jericho exit. Have him kicking and screaming.

Seems like something WWE would do.

Rip
May 14th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Stray jacket?

OD50
May 14th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Yes. First man to find the stray jacket somewhere on the streets of New Jersey is the winner.

Merchant4Ever
May 14th, 2016, 1:26 PM
The first man to catch a stray cat and put a strait jacket on it wins.

Psycho666Soldier
May 14th, 2016, 1:40 PM
This ppv should really have relaxed rules for the non-gimmick matches. The WWE though, they think that let's say you have a table spot in a non-Tables match, that it will take away from the actual Tables match. But then they will book a ppv called TLC, where 3 of the 4 gimmick matches have an element of a TLC match that they will also book.

This could actually make for a good finish where someone goes so far in a match not advertised as No DQ and gets disqualified. Makes the person look even more deadly than the normal DQ finish.

As far as having more extreme rules matches, we already have ER, Submission, and a Fatal 4-Way which I believe operates under the same rules of a Triple Threat, AKA it's No DQ. Jericho/Ambrose will likely get one. To add another clear-cut gimmick/No DQ match, I really wish one of them would be Falls Count Anywhere. That might be my favorite variation of a hardcore match.

Bill Casey
May 14th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Jericho vs. Ambrose in a "Greenhouse of Horrors" match...:shifty:

THERE'S PLANTS EVERYWHERE, I TELLS YA!!!

OH NO, HE'S GOT A RAKE!

THERE GOES THAT SHOVEL!

OH GOD, HE'S WATERING HIM!

IS HE PELTING HIM WITH TOMATOES?

THAT CLAY POT HAD TO BE A THOUSANDS POUNDS!

RIGHT INTO THE POTTING SOIL!

THAT'S A CACTUS! HE'S GOT A CACTUS!

Stocky
May 15th, 2016, 9:02 AM
https://youtu.be/QBbq05gXX10

S.H. Styles
May 16th, 2016, 12:45 AM
We need a steel cage match in here somewhere. I would make Jericho/Dean a cage match, the VaudeVillains/new day in a Tornado match and then Corbin vs Ziggler in an ambulance match. Done

Bill Casey
May 16th, 2016, 2:01 AM
The Vaudevillains bring their own barbershop quartet to counteract Francesca...

Sasori
May 16th, 2016, 2:15 AM
New Day vs. Vaudevillains:

Hair vs. Mustache match.

Rancid_Planet
May 16th, 2016, 2:20 AM
New Day vs. Vaudevillains:

Hair vs. Mustache match.

I'm not sure which team that would hurt worse.

:chin:

Andy
May 18th, 2016, 2:40 PM
The new predictions template is up for this show. All welcome to take part. :yes:

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?150836-WWE-PPV-Predictions-2016-17-Round-2-Extreme-Rules-***make-your-predictions-now***

Psycho666Soldier
May 20th, 2016, 3:10 AM
It's about damn time we get a Tornado Tag match again! It's been far too long with too many opportunities! One of the Usos/Wyatts matches should have been Tornado.

virms
May 20th, 2016, 3:19 AM
The new predictions template is up for this show. All welcome to take part. :yes:

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?150836-WWE-PPV-Predictions-2016-17-Round-2-Extreme-Rules-***make-your-predictions-now***

Even if we missed the first ppv?

Andy
May 20th, 2016, 4:26 AM
Yep.

Honey_Badger
May 20th, 2016, 1:22 PM
Pretty excited about this PPV. Have a great feeling about the 4-way match and Reigns/Styles. Ambrose/Jericho will be a boom-or-bust match.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2016, 4:38 PM
Pretty excited about this PPV. Have a great feeling about the 4-way match and Reigns/Styles. Ambrose/Jericho will be a boom-or-bust match.

I agree about Jericho v. Ambrose. The psychology should be better than the Lesnar-Ambrose WM match but I have a feeling we're going to get a little too much comedy just going by some of the weapons i.e. I believe I saw a mop and bucket....why?

I think we're going to see some fantastic wrestling Sunday night. The matches you listed plus the submission match, the tornado tag, those 2 matches I think have the potential to really go above people's expectations. Not saying people have low expectations but I think those 2 matches will be the ones people say wow, those were better than I thought they would turn out to be.

BGMaverick
May 20th, 2016, 4:44 PM
If Ambrose happens to win, I totally expect Cole to say, "the lunatic fringe runs the Asylum" or something of that nature.

Nash Diesel
May 20th, 2016, 4:51 PM
Michael Cole is total representation of what a less enthusiastic Vince McMahon would be like if he was doing announcing today. I was watching the Klik dvd the other day and he's calling a match for Action Zone with Todd Pettengill, the original Michael Cole, and I swear to God the only move either guy called were the finishers. Everything was a slam, or a "oh wow what a move", and that's been a running joke for 20-30 years with Vince. But Vince was so animated that at the time I thought he was pretty subpar compared to like Jim Ross or Joey Styles or even guys like Monsoon, but now I'm like shit he was pretty damn good for what he wanted to accomplish at the booth. That's why when him and Ventura paired up on Raw years back (not sure when, maybe 6-7 years ago) it was so good because Vince had enthusiasm and charisma that Michael Cole and others fail to have. And Cole used to be good with JBL and Taz on Smackdown but on Raw, he's really shit. Not as shit as the other guy to his left, Byron, who I have to assume has done some kind of special favors to warrant getting on both SD and Raw when he's easily the worst commentator since probably Michael Cole first debuted and it was turds like him, Kevin Kelly (who's good now but sucked then). I'd rather listen to Scott Hudson, Mark Madden, and Mike Adamle than Byron, Cole, and JBL let's just say that.

The Law
May 20th, 2016, 4:58 PM
I don't know if Cole knows wrestling holds or not, but based on Vince's commentary and what others have said, Vince doesn't want the commentators calling holds or talking about the psychology of the match. It's all about the storylines, which is what Vince did as a commentator. They're clearly giving Mauro more free reign to do his thing, because he calls just about everything.

I have trouble blaming the commentators when it seems pretty clear that they're just doing what Vince wants them to do. I don't think Cole is great anyway, and if I had my way he wouldn't be on TV anymore (give us Mauro on Raw).

Rancid_Planet
May 20th, 2016, 5:03 PM
I think Cole is probably just the best at repeating what Vince screams into his headphones. That's what makes him the lead announcer on Raw. JBL tries but the signals tend to get crossed between his ears, brain and mouth. You can hear him really try to tow the company line with comments like "That Roman Reigns is terrible...ly....popular! He's terribly popular MAGGLE! And what about Seth Rollins MAGGLE? He's burning his back on these trends! Turning! Turning his back on his friends MAGGLE! Byron you have no reason to live and your mom hates you!"

Sasori
May 20th, 2016, 8:11 PM
I agree about Jericho v. Ambrose. The psychology should be better than the Lesnar-Ambrose WM match but I have a feeling we're going to get a little too much comedy just going by some of the weapons i.e. I believe I saw a mop and bucket....why?

There's a mop because Dean's Wacky! I just hope Jericho puts Ambrose in the straight jacket so Dean can chew his face off.

Slutty McWhoreface
May 20th, 2016, 8:30 PM
"Drink it in" Chris Jericho is the best thing on WWE TV these days.

I hope he beats Ambrose on Sunday.

Jay Hinchey
May 21st, 2016, 12:46 AM
I don't think Cole is as bad as some make him out to be. Is he Jim Ross or Gorilla Monsoon? No but I think he gets some unwarranted hate.

As for Sunday I think it should be good PPV. Looking forward to Reigns/AJ Part 2,the 4 Way,and The Asylum the most. I also think Charlotte/Nattie could be good.

Rancid_Planet
May 21st, 2016, 12:48 AM
Much like payback, this card is stacked in terms of potential good wrestling matches. I'm probably looking forward to the four way for the IC belt the most. But the main event should also be damn good and Charlotte/Nattie is always a good match. Thiis probably needs to wrap up the feud.

The Asylum match is anyone's guess. Could be good but it also could be a total clusterfuck and I'm imagining the latter is more likely.

Slutty McWhoreface
May 21st, 2016, 4:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that the Asylum match is a swipe at Russo... it just reeks of early day TNA.

which, of course, were the "Asylum" days.

Psycho666Soldier
May 21st, 2016, 1:57 PM
Whether it's meant to be a dig or not, it's definitely just a rip-off of the Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2016, 2:00 PM
Very solid card here, looking forward to the main event, women's match, fatal 4 way and asylum match.

mth
May 21st, 2016, 3:42 PM
WWE Title, IC fourway, tag titles are what's got me hyped. Expecting the Asylum match to be ass, honestly.

MikeHunt
May 21st, 2016, 4:24 PM
Did Steiner not have an asylum match in WCW?

The Law
May 21st, 2016, 5:26 PM
Yeah, it was a tiny little circular cage. It sat inside the ring rather than around it.

This Asylum looks pretty dumb. The weapons were mostly cheesy, the music and lighting was lame. It's just WWE overproducing things. It couldn't just be Ambrose in the cage talking about how he was going to kill Jericho, they have to throw in the spooky lights and music.

The Rogerer
May 22nd, 2016, 9:38 AM
Ambrose is going to join Bray Wyatt in helping Jericho top up his credit.

In 5 years Ambrose will request his release from WWE and we'll talk about how much potential he still had.

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 9:46 AM
This Asylum looks pretty dumb. The weapons were mostly cheesy, the music and lighting was lame. It's just WWE overproducing things. It couldn't just be Ambrose in the cage talking about how he was going to kill Jericho, they have to throw in the spooky lights and music.

What would you expect from a feud where one man killed another man's plant? Seems on par with what they were doing.

The Rogerer
May 22nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
What would you expect from a feud where one man killed another man's plant? Seems on par with what they were doing.What do you think of Ambrose's jeans?

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 11:22 AM
What do you think of Ambrose's jeans?

Dude needs to step up his denim game.

The Rogerer
May 22nd, 2016, 12:07 PM
Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX85QqzrXO0

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 12:27 PM
I'm feelin that skit.

Also, I'm debating if I will watch ExR live tonight or Game of Thrones. GoT was good last week. The follow up could be good or may be a low key episode. I'd guess the latter. Then again, Extreme Rules has the potential to be a dud or might be surprisingly good. Gonna be a tough call. Fear of the Walking Dead is starting to get interesting as well.

Hmm, first world problems.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 1:32 PM
I'm expecting a strong show tonight. There isn't a dud on this card, all of the matches have the potential to be good. I think Reigns and Styles are going to tear the house down in the main event, the Four Way could be awesome, and Charlotte and Natalya could potentially steal the show with enough time and the right story.

For Charlotte and Natalya, I hope Charlotte gets a clean but still sort of cheap win. Like, Natalya is controlling the match and then she lands wrong and hurts her knee, she keeps fighting, but she ultimately goes down to the Figure Eight. Sort of like the Benoit/Angle match from the Royal Rumble (2003 I think?) where Benoit kept fighting and fighting until he just couldn't get out of the Ankle Lock and had to tap. Something heartbreaking like that where Nattie would have won but she caught a bad break.

Anybody think we get a return tonight? Feels like Rollins, Wyatt, and Orton are all going to be back before Money in the Bank. They might hold off on Rollins appearing until the pay-per-view, maybe just announce he's in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. But if he's ready to go I would probably bring him back tonight. I always love when the pay-per-view ends with a hook for Raw the next night and Seth showing up would be a huge one.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 1:37 PM
I think it's a strong possibility that Seth Rollins returns tonight.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 3:16 PM
Rollins is in the house!

Don't click if you want to be 100% surprised. What's behind the tag may not be but if you want to go in blind do not click.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 3:26 PM
There are basically three ways they can bring him back: as a surprise tonight, promoted on TV, or promoted on PPV. I think they could use a spark right now and a surprise return by Rollins, especially if he lays out Reigns, would get people talking. Or they could really hot shot things and do a Shield reunion tonight, though I think it's too soon for that.

I think ideal booking is The Club/Balor Club destroy everyone on the roster for a few months until Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose have to band together out of desperation. And at first they shouldn't be The Shield, it should just be that Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose are back teaming. They can still have their separate entrances and their current gear, wait until just before a big pay-per-view match to do the full Shield entrance and gear.

I think a Shield reunion could be big business, but they need to wait until the pieces are in place and they have the right opponents. The Club can be that but they need more build first. And Gallows/Anderson losing to The Usos wasn't a great start for that.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 3:52 PM
Should be a solid, if somewhat predictable show tonight. I mean really the only match that feels like it could go either way is Ambrose/Jericho. God I hope that match doesn't suck.

Atty
May 22nd, 2016, 3:54 PM
The asylum match will get Jericho ready for his summer title run.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 3:55 PM
I thought the last Ambrose/Jericho match was solid. Ambrose is totally winning tonight.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 3:56 PM
I'm so down for a Jericho title run. A long one.

Andy
May 22nd, 2016, 5:03 PM
Last couple of hours to make predictions!

Ravin Lunatic
May 22nd, 2016, 5:36 PM
I think Seth Rollins will do a run in to help Reigns when The Club run in to help AJ.....

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 5:39 PM
Seth should be creepily into Roman. Like during his time away he's somehow become infatuated with all things Reigns. Staring into his eyes when he talks and all that. Just troll the shit out of the internet.

Merchant4Ever
May 22nd, 2016, 5:51 PM
Seth should be creepily into Roman. Like during his time away he's somehow become infatuated with all things Reigns. Staring into his eyes when he talks and all that. Just troll the shit out of the internet.

Vince would sue him for gimmick infringement.

Slutty McWhoreface
May 22nd, 2016, 6:47 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it: Seth Rollins returns tonight during the main event and reveals himself as the leader of "The Club."

WWE are already too face heavy, and they probably figure that this would be a good way to get heat on Rollins when he faces Roman.

and by "they"-- I mean the delusional 70- year old man who has final say in all things WWE.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 6:49 PM
Hmm...plausible for Rollins/Club. Problem I see is the crowd cheering this result. I'd also shudder at more Roman dominating 3 guys while the Uso's get beat down.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 6:54 PM
I'm sure they'll be utterly shocked when Rollins gets a huge babyface reaction.

Slutty McWhoreface
May 22nd, 2016, 7:04 PM
Rollins is gonna get a monster pop.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:06 PM
Wonder how many We Want Cody chants we will be sitting thru tonight?

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:25 PM
I love Bubba Ray.

Anybody cooking up anything fantastic tonight?

Mr McGregor
May 22nd, 2016, 7:26 PM
How do those same 15 or so people get the same front row seats for EVERY PPV?

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:29 PM
If Cass keeps going the way he is going he is going to be huge.

mitch
May 22nd, 2016, 7:31 PM
If Cass keeps going the way he is going he is going to be huge.

I agree, but then where does that leave enzo?? If he is out a long time, and cass takess off, does enzo get lost in the shuffle?

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:33 PM
I agree, but then where does that leave enzo?? If he is out a long time, and cass takess off, does enzo get lost in the shuffle?

Well the obvious route is one of them turns heel when Enzo comes back. They go back to tagging and Enzo turns because of jealousy or Cass turns because Enzo is holding him back due to the bigger picture aka WWE title

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 7:35 PM
Miz deserves an Emmy.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:36 PM
How about an Emma :shifty:

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 7:36 PM
LOL...Cass just whips the dudleys with ease.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 7:38 PM
Miz a true hollywood legend. Both takes were fantastic.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 7:41 PM
Rusev showing some personality here. I dig it.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 7:42 PM
Rusev rules. It's unfortunate that he'll probably just be fed to Cena on Memorial Day.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 7:43 PM
I hope we have a good turnout tonight. This should be an excellent show.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:45 PM
I really think the with the angle behind the Reigns/Styles we should/could have gotten one more match out of the feud in a steel cage. I guess with all the interference this match could have we might get one more but its doubtful.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2016, 7:48 PM
They're only going to give Corbin/Ziggler less than 10 minutes? Yikes.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 7:50 PM
I'm calling a squash match.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 7:54 PM
IF any of you play the PPV prediction game a wild card should be which ppv does Corbin come out with a shaved head.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2016, 7:58 PM
Uppercut to the groin. Love the way Mauro calls it.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 7:58 PM
Way to use that NO DQ rules boys. One crotch shot.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:00 PM
I have to say, Ziggler and Corbin have some great chemistry. Dolph seemed to actually put effort into these matches instead of just coasting.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:00 PM
It's telling that I watched that match and have no idea who if anyone was on commentary with Mauro. Was it Byron? Or was he calling it solo?

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:01 PM
Byron was calling the Baron match. Hmm, that could be a new sitcom: Byron and the Baron.

MikeHunt
May 22nd, 2016, 8:02 PM
The homeless are being quiet so far so i'll be joining you periodically through the night sharing my thoughts.

Corbin vs Zigger

Decent enough, not necessary viewing by any stretch of the imagination. Hope this feud is over now and BIG BANTER CORBIN moves onto something else. 2/5

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:02 PM
Here we go ladies and gents....this has potential to be really fun despite what might be predictable results.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:05 PM
clear booing for the Uso's....gonna be a fun crowd.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:06 PM
What happened to that awesome new face paint the Usos had last week?

Mr McGregor
May 22nd, 2016, 8:07 PM
Those shit coats are never going to keep anyone warm.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:07 PM
OK so I have stated how much I hate the white trench coats on the Club but it is growing on me with Anderson.

Still say Gallows just needs to rip off Nash's Outsiders gear.

Tainted Eclipse
May 22nd, 2016, 8:08 PM
"most people here are cheering the usos"

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:09 PM
I dont mind the coats...I'm more bothered by the white stripes on Gallows pants.

darkhorse
May 22nd, 2016, 8:09 PM
Is it just me or did they (sort of) acknowledge that the fans are booing Roman Reigns?

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:10 PM
Ugh, the "Roman is polarizing, but the fans are PASSIONATE!" shit is so bogus.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:13 PM
I think that's a reasonable way of talking about it. Somebody like Conor McGregor or Mike Tyson would be described as "polarizing." I think they should turn Roman, but if they're not going to they need to not pretend like he's being cheered by a majority of the crowd.

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 8:14 PM
Are we supposed to believe that Anderson got hit in he face with that?

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:14 PM
I think that's a reasonable way of talking about it. Somebody like Conor McGregor or Mike Tyson would be described as "polarizing." I think they should turn Roman, but if they're not going to they need to not pretend like he's being cheered by a majority of the crowd.

They do it with Cena, but Cena actually sells a ton of merch.

MikeHunt
May 22nd, 2016, 8:18 PM
The Club vs Usos

Great opener, fast pace, Gallows and Anderson look great and their offence is unique and makes them stand out from other teams about. Andersons spinebuster is a thing of beauty. Their theme is brilliant as well. Uso's getting booed to fuck. I liked this match a lot, would like to see them get more time in the future. 3/5

MikeHunt
May 22nd, 2016, 8:19 PM
Is it just me or did they (sort of) acknowledge that the fans are booing Roman Reigns?

they completely acknowledged it.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:19 PM
I mean seriously....Rusev should roll through Kalisto in roughly 3 to 4 mins.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:20 PM
I'd like to hold Lana's hand.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2016, 8:21 PM
The Club vs Usos

Great opener, fast pace, Gallows and Anderson look great and their offence is unique and makes them stand out from other teams about. Andersons spinebuster is a thing of beauty. Their theme is brilliant as well. Uso's getting booed to fuck. I liked this match a lot, would like to see them get more time in the future. 3/5

I always wish that they would do Tornado Matches more often. They're way more fun than the regular tag matches.

Bagel
May 22nd, 2016, 8:22 PM
Funaki. I miss that guy on TV.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:22 PM
Yeah, this should probably be a squash. Kalisto has the built in protection of coming in with an injury. And being 120 pounds fighting a grown man built like a brick wall.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:25 PM
"We Want Lana!"

Uh, she's right there dipshits.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:26 PM
"We Want Lana!"

Uh, she's right there dipshits.
Feel like Rusev should yell back " I already have her"

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:26 PM
The tail on Kalisto's mask looks cheap as fuck. Like papier-mâché kindergarten shit.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2016, 8:32 PM
With Kalisto selling an injury, this match is going way longer than it should.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:33 PM
Awesome.

Unfortunately he'll be fed to Cena on Memorial Day.

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 8:33 PM
...goddamn

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:34 PM
2 Time US Champion. Never thought we could say that about Rusev.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:34 PM
RUSEV MACHKA!

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:36 PM
Good match. Correct outcome.

S.H. Styles
May 22nd, 2016, 8:36 PM
Is the Shane thing going to be live? I don't think so. If it isn't it'll suck because they're going to edit things left and right.

MikeHunt
May 22nd, 2016, 8:37 PM
Rusev vs Kalisto

Rusev looked dominant and a complete beast! Kalisto got in a good amount of offence as well. The dr angle was a bit silly, they could have sold it in a different way or skipped it and then Rusev could lock in the most brutal looking accolade we have seen. Happy Rusev got the win, hope theres a mini LON feud over the US title now.

2/5

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:38 PM
Kofi is out tonight? Is he hurt?

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:39 PM
I heard they did a pre-show segment where the Dudleys beat up Cass. I'm assuming that means no Enzo tonight.

:\

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:40 PM
Kofi is out tonight? Is he hurt?

He has a newborn at home some he has been off some events. I didn't think he was going to be here tonight but he is.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:41 PM
I heard they did a pre-show segment where the Dudleys beat up Cass. I'm assuming that means no Enzo tonight.

:\

Cass beat up both of the Dudleyz. After they came out and talked about how they invented extreme.

Cass did another top notch promo though.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:41 PM
He has a newborn at home some he has been off some events. I didn't think he was going to be here tonight but he is.ahh...fair enough. Good for Kofi.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:44 PM
I for one thought the New Day time machine thing was awesome.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2016, 8:44 PM
Nice to see Xavier in the match with the title on the line.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 8:45 PM
This show has been sweet tits so far.

This match I'm not quiet so interested in. Sort of feel like the challengers have no chance.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:45 PM
We're getting Xavier tonight? Nice surprise. Thankfully, it doesn't screw up my prediction.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 8:46 PM
I love watching English work.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:46 PM
I feel like the Vaudevillians need a carnival barker manager. Is the guy from their entrance video real?

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 8:48 PM
I feel like the Vaudevillians need a carnival barker manager. Is the guy from their entrance video real?

I read once that he was a former wrestler and current member of the writing staff. No idea what his name is.

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 8:48 PM
I feel like the Vaudevillians need a carnival barker manager. Is the guy from their entrance video real?Neither he or the Vaudvillians are. I think they might be ghosts.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 8:50 PM
Xavier get the pin!

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:50 PM
I can't believe they let Big E do that Spear. He's going to die.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:51 PM
Didn't realize Xavier's finisher was the Bomaye.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:52 PM
I for one thought the New Day time machine thing was awesome.

I loved it as well. The fact they played in tongue in cheek combined with the charm behind it made it work.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 8:52 PM
I can't believe they let Big E do that Spear. He's going to die.

I wince every time he does it. It's impressive as hell, but I don't want to see career ended prematurely.

MikeHunt
May 22nd, 2016, 8:54 PM
New day vs Vaudevillians

What a great promo from New Day crowd absolutely lapped it up and I adored it. - 4/5

Nice to see Xavier get a bit of ring time. Match was far too short and VV's looked pretty average in defeat. Liked the counter to Big e's rope spear from English. Match was pretty dull. Don't think there is a lot of legs left in a feud with these two teams. I reckon the New Day will be moving on. 2/5

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 8:54 PM
Looked like he landed right on his elbow that time. Good way to cause nerve damage.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 8:55 PM
Is Sheamus involved in anything tonight? Surprising with his movie coming out super soon he isn't doing anything of note to hype the movie.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:55 PM
Just noticed that even in his picture, Cesaro's wearing the shoulder tape.

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 8:56 PM
I can honestly see anyone but the Miz winning this

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 8:58 PM
Miz has to retain. He's just too good in this role.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 8:58 PM
Didn't Angle wrestle on every PPV in his first year too? Oh, and that, um, other guy too :shifty:

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 8:59 PM
I see a chickenshit....pin steal from Miz to win this. Possibly on Owens after Zayn/Cesaro hit him with a finisher.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:00 PM
I :heart: shoulder tape.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 9:04 PM
I see Miz retaining just because there was a title change in the previous match.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:06 PM
This match has been everything I was hoping for so far.

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 9:07 PM
Ready for what's going to be an unpopular view?

I'm sorry man, I want to like Zayn but I just can't get behind him. He looks like a mid 90's job guy. Not saying he isn't good in the ring, a lot of jobbers were. Just can't get out of my head that this dude belongs in 1995 and if he was there, there's no way he'd be a star. Couple that with the fact that I hate ska and there you have it. Just not a fan. I do, however, enjoy watching him perform.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:09 PM
I would drop the hat and jacket because I think he looks like a fool in them. The music is great, he's awesome in the ring, and he's an incredibly likeable underdog babyface. What's great is he barely ever needs to win because the whole point of his character is that he gets obstacles thrown in his way. I think he's resonating with the crowd. I don't know that I would put him on top, but he'd be a perfect IC Champion and a challenger to a heel world champion.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:15 PM
Ahdgsiakavauabaiapnsdgaoanshsowhsvaoakehs9snauwuds hwkqndhdidjanajahansidneoamsbehsbakakdbjwjzdvaiwns hskabsiqlanrjsbdvaj

Jimmy Zero
Just tuned in. What a great match this has been.

Andrew6586
The match is the opposite of awful.

Sasori
This is definitely going to be the longest match of the night.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 9:16 PM
This match is a fucking barn burner.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:17 PM
This has already won match of the night. Also due to expectations props to Miz for belonging in this match and not just being a spot holder.

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 9:18 PM
Awesome match.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:19 PM
Not quite the pin stealing.....but I like the twist of Zayn losing focus for a split second.

TooCool
My god. That Fatal Four Way was so damn good. It's up there with Zayn vs Nakamura.

Rancid_Planet
That's an easy moty candidate right there.

Beer-Belly
Miz is an amazing heel. God damn, what a match.

JT4104
Bravo to all 4 men. One of the better 4ways in a long long time.

Tainted Eclipse
great stuff, in the last 10 minutes or so i bought that either one of them was about to win. miz's role is really good right now.

Rancid_Planet
This has already won match of the night. Also due to expectations props to Miz for belonging in this match and not just being a spot holder.

Proving himself to be vastly underrated.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 9:20 PM
Great fucking match. Everyone held their own and made it great. Props to all.

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 9:21 PM
Helluva match! Even though I was wrong in my prediction, I'm glad my boy Miz is still champ. Makes the Title mean more to extend his run. The Miz, bringing prestige back to the IC Title one day at a time.

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 9:22 PM
Booker T's suit looks horrible.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:22 PM
That was awesome. Love that Miz retained. He shouldn't lose it before Summerslam.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:23 PM
Miz needs to hold till at least SummerSlam if not Survivor Series. Lose to Zayn after Zayn finally wins the feud with Owens.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:23 PM
Well here we go.

Please don't suck.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:24 PM
This match feels like more of a bathroom break than the womans match. For the love of god stop trying to make Ambrose the next foley. It's not possible.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 9:25 PM
I don't envy Ambrose and Jericho's spot here.

Beer-Belly
This match feels like more of a bathroom break than the womans match. For the love of god stop trying to make Ambrose the next foley. It's not possible.

He's more Pillman than Foley.

Rancid_Planet

I don't think the situation is helped by the fact that Ambrose kind of wants to be Foley.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:27 PM
Personality is is more Pillman. In ring is more Foley.

He's Flying Foley.

Cracktus Jack?

sam_elmendorf
They edited out the Enzo chant!

Beer-Belly
Quit with the WCW spooky music.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:28 PM
This is some serious Russo bullshit.

Rancid_Planet
Quit with the WCW spooky music.

Hey they paid 5 dollars for that music!

JT4104
He's more Pillman than Foley.Which he could never be Pillman either.

I don't think the situation is helped by the fact that Ambrose kind of wants to be Foley.
Tough act to try and follow. Dude just needs to find a niche all to himself and do it.

virms
YUS! The music is back! I feel like were are back in WCW Halloween Havoc.

MikeHunt
Miz vs Cesaro vs Owens vs Zayn

What a match, I'll be watching this again very very soon. This is the best storyline in wwe at the moment and they need to keep it going. Great performances all round. I'm glad Miz kept the title think there is a lot to come with these three chasing him for a little longer. Can we maybe call up Nakamura and or Joe and just add them to this feud.

4/5

Tainted Eclipse
May 22nd, 2016, 9:30 PM
deans wacky cage

Beer-Belly
I really don't see how Ambrose is like Foley other than them both being risk takers who can take a lot of punishment.

MikeHunt
Miz needs to hold till at least SummerSlam if not Survivor Series. Lose to Zayn after Zayn finally wins the feud with Owens.

There will never be a winner in this feud. It's going to go on forever and ever and ever and why would anyone ever want it to stop!!!

stylepoints
May 22nd, 2016, 9:31 PM
YUS! The music is back!

Ikr? The music is like the 5th man in this match. Ambrose, Jericho, the ref, Mitch Jr., and spooky theme.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 9:31 PM
Stylepoints is going to be pissed about jericho's jeans

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:32 PM
I really don't see how Ambrose is like Foley other than them both being risk takers who can take a lot of punishment.Thats how they are presenting Dean though..put his own body on line blah blah blah.

The Dean that feuded with Seth and Owens was great. This version the last month or two just doesn't work for me.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:34 PM
Miz vs Cesaro vs Owens vs Zayn

What a match, I'll be watching this again very very soon. This is the best storyline in wwe at the moment and they need to keep it going. Great performances all round. I'm glad Miz kept the title think there is a lot to come with these three chasing him for a little longer. Can we maybe call up Nakamura and or Joe and just add them to this feud.

4/5

Plus Nakamura AND Joe?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 9:34 PM
Personality is is more Pillman. In ring is more Foley.

He's Flying Foley.

Cracktus Jack?

He's got a Pillman body with a Foley Face. Or is that the other way around?

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:35 PM
Not digging the beginning of this match.

stylepoints
Stylepoints is going to be pissed about jericho's jeans

I outclass the both of them put together.

Beer-Belly
This would be better if the commentators weren't laughing through it. Jesus.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:37 PM
Crowd is turning on this.

LoveFuryEnergyPassion
May 22nd, 2016, 9:38 PM
This match would be better if the ring was surrounded by padded walls... so we didn't have to see it.

Sorry, but this is awful. Poor Dean Ambrose.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 9:38 PM
Hmm...Michaelangelos nunchucks, I think Leonardo's Swords should be next.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 9:39 PM
Dean Ambrose is a fellow chucker.

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 9:40 PM
Hmm...Michaelangelos nunchucks, I think Leonardo's Swords should be next.
With Shredder's knives.

Rancid_Planet
Keep practicing Jericho.

Sasori
This is the opposite of Extreme.

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:42 PM
This match sucks. Wow. Slow as hell.

The Law
Worst gimmick matches ever:

1) Judy Bagwell on a Poll
2) Viagra on a Poll
3) Coal Miner's Glove
4) Doomsday Cage
5) Kennel from Hell
6) This bullshit

JT4104
man...crowd is like :blah: for this crazy asylum match.

virms
May 22nd, 2016, 9:43 PM
Wow that strap to the face was awful.

Tainted Eclipse
May 22nd, 2016, 9:44 PM
This would be better if the commentators weren't laughing through it. Jesus.

its the worst. just decide if it's a violent cage brawl or a fucking comedy match.

The Law
These guys should just call it early. Get out of there before the crowd turns too much.

Beer-Belly
These poor mother fuckers. Whose idea was this?

Sasori
May 22nd, 2016, 9:45 PM
The crowd's right, this match is SAWFT.

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:45 PM
Having the weapons hanging above the cage is completely killing any flow this match could possibly hope to get. Also, the weapons hanging up there are mostly lame.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:46 PM
Someone should start a "Fire Russo" chant.

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:47 PM
This match has totally killed the crowd.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:48 PM
I'm going to listen to Jericho's podcast this week just to see if he talks about this match.

virms
YOu can even tell from the viewers of this thread this match has no interest. We went from being in the 60's to 43

Andrew6586
What's the crowd chanting?

Rancid_Planet
Listening to the this makes this match awesome.

https://youtu.be/ZuWZD2xCQ48

Tainted Eclipse
May 22nd, 2016, 9:49 PM
bad idea, not a good match, and way too long.

Jordo
Was the crowd chanting we want violence?

Tainted Eclipse
YOu can even tell from the viewers of this thread this match has no interest. We went from being in the 60's to 43

i went to do laundry, and it's still going on.

Sasori
Would have made more sense to book this "Asylum" match with the stipulation that the first one to put his opponent in a straight jacket wins. At least it would give it some direction.

The Law
"We Want Rollins."

virms
This is the first time wwe network has ever given me an issue. Guess this is one of the best matches for that to happen.

Beer-Belly
Was the crowd chanting we want violence?

"We want Rollins!"

Jordo
May 22nd, 2016, 9:50 PM
Also. This match, while slow. Hasn't been terrible IMO.

Probably alone there and I didn't watch the IC title match before this

JT4104
LOL..a cage dive gets a mild pop. Damn shame

virms
We want Cody :sad:

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:51 PM
A fucking bucket?

Is someone going to actually take a tack bump?

Tainted Eclipse
no one knows how to take this match. is it a violent end to a personal feud in a steel cage brawl, or is it a wacky comedy match? this is the problem with ambrose's comic relief character.

Sasori
Would somebody put this match out of it's misery?! :dead:

Jordo
May 22nd, 2016, 9:52 PM
Well...this just turned up a notch

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:53 PM
The thought of landing on thumbtacks has always terrified me. Is there a trick to it?

Jimmy Zero
May 22nd, 2016, 9:53 PM
The thought of landing on thumbtacks has always terrified me. Is there a trick to it?

The trick is to suck it up.

Jordo
May 22nd, 2016, 9:54 PM

I don't see how there could be.

It's gotta be a thing where they just know it's going to suck but it's not gonna kill ya.

The Law
May 22nd, 2016, 9:55 PM
Worst WWE match of the year?

Jordo
May 22nd, 2016, 9:55 PM
That code breaker was beautiful

Stocky
May 22nd, 2016, 9:56 PM
This match is still going...

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 9:57 PM
I cannot fathom how that feels

Jimmy Zero
Oh man, I was not expecting the tack bump to be that brutal. Kudos to Jericho for doing that.

JT4104
woo hoo...it is over.

Stocky
did they use mitch?

Rancid_Planet
I note how the match got better when they stopped climbing every five seconds to grab a new weapon.

Jordo
May 22nd, 2016, 9:58 PM
That match wasn't nearly as bad as you guys are acting

Andrew6586
May 22nd, 2016, 9:59 PM
I honesty think you would have to pay me $500,000 to get slammed on thumb tacks.

TooCool
Match was way too slow to start and they barely used the weapons. The thumbtacks is as violent as it gets for PG.

Sasori

Make sure you get a tetanus shot afterwards.

JT4104
May 22nd, 2016, 10:00 PM
I expect much better in a weapons filled cage. Maybe a little more innovation instead of the usual hit guys in the back spots.

Beer-Belly
May 22nd, 2016, 10:01 PM

It was way too long. They could have accomplished that in half the time.

Rancid_Planet
May 22nd, 2016, 10:01 PM
I can't believe she fucks that clown.