PDA

View Full Version : The 2016 Football Forums Debate Tournament

BBF
March 10th, 2016, 7:14 AM
I'm nicking this from the wrestling forums where they have a yearly debate and it normally goes down quick well. I think we've got enough knowledgable and erudite football posters here to make it work and be a lot of real bloody fun.

Basically, it's a giant tournament where forum posters go one on one in a debate about various football topics. Once they've finished, a judging panel composed of two posters and a general vote from every one else will determine the winner who will move onto the next round until we are left with two posters who will duke it out in the final.

Each debate will consist of three posts. An opening argument and two counter posts where you can point out where the other poster is wrong you are right. Each debate will have a 96 hour time limit, a 350 word word limit, and videos and pictures are encouraged if you think they add something to your post. To determine who goes first I will assign each side of a coin to each poster and flip it to see who gets the first post.

If you have any questions about the question you are given, or about how to proceed, please direct them to me BEFORE you post about them, to avoid troubles. You must wait your turn to post, meaning that you can't rattle off all three right from the get go, you have to post in turns with your opponent. The only people who should be posting in the actual debate threads between me posting the question and me closing the debate are the two people debating.

Your first post CANNOT counter the other person's post, it must just put your point across and then from everyone's second post they can rip the other person stupid point of view to shreds.

VOTING - Voting will will by two posters (me and one other) and by a vote of everyone else. This will give us at worst a majority decision. THE IMPORTANT BIT is... We are voting on who was the BETTER DEBATOR rather than who's opinion you agree with. This means if Poster A argues the better point about Arsenal fans being moany bastards but you don't think they are...you should still vote for Poster A if they were the better debater.

Who is up for it? I think 16 is a decent number to aim for as we've a quite good little football community here. Post below if you are in or let me know if you'd rather be the other judge and I'll pick someone for that too.

BBF
SAVED FOR SIGN UPS

BBF
SAVED FOR SOMETHING ELSE JUST IN CASE

BBF
March 10th, 2016, 7:15 AM
JUST IN CASE

The Rosk
March 10th, 2016, 7:16 AM
Fancy seeing this one through for a change?

BBF
March 10th, 2016, 7:17 AM
I'll see my fist through your face mate.

If people sign up and take part I will see it through as it could be a really bloody good thing with the posters we have and a lot of fun to boot. Are you signing up?