PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: KOTOR is getting a makeover

JP
February 17th, 2016, 7:12 AM
A fan made remake of KOTOR is in the works, using Unreal Engine 4.

Giddy, that's the word you're looking for, giddy.

http://www.apeirongame.com/

Atty
February 17th, 2016, 9:08 AM
Disney should jump on this and merge the fan with BioWare's machine and legit remake it. Remaking the whole series is money as they could make the KOTOR 3 that everyone has wanted for over a decade, with them non-cannoning The Old Republic and making something new. And remaking the first game is the best first step towards that. It also makes even more sense with as much as they lifted from KOTOR for The Force Awakens.

I just finished replaying my massively modded version a couple weeks ago. I have enough reskins to where it didn't look old to me, but the fan remake looks better than simply reskinning can, obviously.

My only demand of the remake would be that I can figure out how to mod lightsaber hilts or, even better, give a load of options for modifying them on the workbench. That's probably the thing I've love that I've modded the most: I've replaced every hilt in the game so every color gives you a different look, none of the short sabers are short, etc. Be it curved hilts, the Kylo cross saber or different hilts from throughout the series. Many others made and I just tweaked after (blade colors, lengths and renamed them so they'd replace in game ones rather than be some new saber file), but it's been actually really fun playing with them. One of my last "big" mods I made, changed basically every enemy in the game so all the dark jedi look different and aren't just dudes in hoods running at you with red blades (few were red after I was done.) Even changed Malak to a variant of blue with a slightly different hue that I made than any other blue and I felt it was all kinds of sexy.

Let's just say that I love KOTOR and am very excited about this before I list off all 1,775 files in my current override folder.

TimeSplitter
February 22nd, 2016, 8:35 AM
I'm replaying KOTOR on my iPad. Still great, even though the controls are dumb on the iPad.

Atty
February 22nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
I replayed it on iPad when it first came out on it. There's no way around it on the iPad, but having to covering the screen to control the game is weak. I also seem to remember not being able to flourish my lightsaber like a boss.

Ozanne
February 27th, 2016, 6:54 AM
I'm pretty sure KOTOR was originally a Xbox exclusive but I'd love to see a version on the PS (If there's one already then soz). I played it years ago on a PC, I'd love to go through it again but not my MacBook.