PDA

View Full Version : RIZIN

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2015, 4:53 PM
So the event is off to a great start. A ton of knockout finishes, every fight in the HW tournament ended with a knockout. Fucking TK won against James Thompson for fuck's sake....Makes you wonder though why they just didn't have Fedor compete in this or at least just have him blitz Thompson or King Mo. King Mo beat the fuck out of his opponent, love me some tournament format. Aoki finished Gracie Hunter Sakuraba as well, poor Sak, dude needs to really give it up, stick with pro wrestling.

I have my DVR set for Friday morning, and to be honest I'm kind of hoping they air the Gabi-Barbarian's daughter fight. It has some weird Shooto rules, only standing submissions allowed...Doesn't really play into Gabi's skillset. And I might be wrong but this fight is billed as a "women's Light heavyweight" bout. Good Lord.

For those that don't know, this event is over like a 2-3 day span I believe so I'll try to keep everyone updated.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2015, 4:59 PM
Today's results:

Shinya Aoki def. Kazushi Sakuraba via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 5:56
Jiri Prochazka def. Satoshi Ishii via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 1:36 – heavyweight tournament opening round
Vadim Nemkov def. Goran Reljic via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 2:58 – heavyweight tournament opening round
Teodoras Aukstuolis def. Bruno Cappelozza via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 3:32 – heavyweight tournament opening round
Muhammed Lawal def. Brett McDermott via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 9:10 – heavyweight tournament opening round
Valentin Moldavsky def Yuta Uchida via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:20 – heavyweight tournament alternate fight
Hiroyuki Takaya def. Daiki Hata via unanimous decision
Hideo Tokoro def. Kizaemon Saiga via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 5:15
Anatoly Tokov def. A.J. Matthews via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:55
Felipe Efrain def. Yuki Motoya via TKO (punches) – Round 1 (fight to be ruled no-contest due to Efrain missing weight)
Kirill Sidelnikov def. Carlos Toyota via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:32
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka def. James Thompson via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:58

Percussion
December 29th, 2015, 7:10 PM
I've only seen the Aoki/Sak fight so far. Wish I hadn't.

MikeHunt
December 29th, 2015, 7:18 PM
where you watching this?

Percussion
December 29th, 2015, 7:26 PM
youtube, until they're on Spike on Thurs.

Panther52
December 29th, 2015, 9:43 PM
I've only seen the Aoki/Sak fight so far. Wish I hadn't.

Yeah, it was hard watching that. Loved the great respect after though.

MikeHunt
December 30th, 2015, 2:59 AM
Someone want to toss me a link. I can't see nothing.

Panther52
December 30th, 2015, 3:31 PM
Someone want to toss me a link. I can't see nothing.

saku vs aoiki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaio9cgDh0M
Vadim Nemkov def. Goran Reljic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raZUuExjFE

look up the rest on youtube lol. i'm too lazy :P

Percussion
December 31st, 2015, 1:57 PM
So that was fun.

Sakakibara to throw crazy yen at Overeem for the next one?

Nash Diesel
December 31st, 2015, 2:12 PM
I'm about to head home and watch what Spike broadcast this morning even though I know the results.

I am curious to see what is next for Fedor. If Overeem doesn't sign back with UFC, I could definitely see that fight coming to fruition at some point but shit I don't know if I'd want to see it now just like I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it when Reem was 260lbs of steroids and horsemeat. He goes to Japan he's back on the juice for sure and while I'm not a fan of Overeem, I give him his props for what he did to my guy Dos Santos. Love Fedor so I'd be rooting for him regardless.

I'm thinking Fedor v. King Mo could be next.

Percussion
December 31st, 2015, 2:23 PM
Lawal has to be a possibility. Supposedly the announcement on the next opponent could come tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that.

Nash Diesel
December 31st, 2015, 2:30 PM
Lawal has to be a possibility. Supposedly the announcement on the next opponent could come tomorrow. Not sure what to make of that.

God I hope we don't have to go through the same shit as last time....

Fedor will fight TK in a rubber match. 2 months later, ok that's not the case we're going to announce who Fedor will really fight....a week later....Fedor will be fighting TK because nobody else was available lol.

Fedor v. King Mo would be a good fight. Good grapplers, power punchers, similar in size. And King Mo's whipped some HW ass over the years so he might fight primarily at 205 but he's a credible HW imo. He's just not very big.

Nash Diesel
January 5th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I was finally able to watch this event. Some good fights from talent I've never heard of. King Mo's finish in the finals, DAMN! He crushed that kid. I didn't feel so bad about Fedor fighting that jabroni, he waxed him, but there was also another fight where one dude was 2-0, the other guy was like 38-28-5 lol. And the vet acted like he won a fucking championship when he defeated young boy, who had a smoking hot wife they kept showing throughout the fight.

That Gabi-Lei'd Tapa fight, holy fucking shit that was terrible. Gabi gets smashed right off the bat, but then drops Barbarian's daughter with a flailing backhand and then pounded out. I haven't seen a fight this bad since 3rd grade.

Fedor's next fight is in April, but no opponent has been named. IMHO, it should be King Mo. Mo would take that fight in an instant and he's going to have to sit back and weight for a shot at the LHW title anyway so why not?

Nash Diesel
April 5th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Tag-Team MMA coming to Rizin 1:

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Wanderlei-Silva-to-Partner-with-Kiyoshi-Tamura-for-Rizin-Tag-Match-Against-Sakuraba-Tokoro-102821

Nash Diesel
October 24th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Some BIG news coming from Shane Carwin....Apparently, he has been offered a fight with Fedor and is just waiting for Fedor to accept to fight him in Rizin.

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Shane-Carwin-Tells-Twitter-He-Has-Signed-on-To-Face-Fedor-Emelianenko-in-Rizin-FF-112681

Mik
October 24th, 2016, 4:12 PM
Just cant see that happening.

Nash Diesel
October 24th, 2016, 5:07 PM
Just cant see that happening.

Why not? I have a couple reasons but I didn't want to throw out 3 or 4 different scenarios without getting your answer first.

Mik
October 24th, 2016, 6:48 PM
Because Carwin is a BIG heavyweight who hits incredibly hard. I'd love it to get signed, but I just don't see Fedor's team giving him that fight these days.

Mark Hammer
October 25th, 2016, 8:59 AM
Back in 2010 when Sugar Shane was a juicehead monster that would have been a dangerous fight for Fedor but nowadays I don't know.

Nash Diesel
October 25th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Because Carwin is a BIG heavyweight who hits incredibly hard. I'd love it to get signed, but I just don't see Fedor's team giving him that fight these days.

That's what I was thinking you were going to say I just didn't want to speak for you.

Back in 2010 when Sugar Shane was a juicehead monster that would have been a dangerous fight for Fedor but nowadays I don't know.

See I agree with Mik to a certain extent but I'm factoring in what you are saying as well. I think Carwin is still probably a threat, Fedor isn't the Fedor of old so that's something else I'm factoring in when thinking if Carwin would destroy this dude or not.

I would love to see this fight but idk if Fedor would love to be in this fight. If Carwin is serious about making a comeback, then a win right out the gate against a name like Fedor has to be a positive for his career.

OD50
October 26th, 2016, 4:30 AM
Man, Carwin will be 42 and not having fought in like six years if they should fight in 2017. Who knows what kind of fighter he'll be at the time. Fedor almost got merked by Homer F. Maldonado, but Maldonado is a pretty slick boxer which Carwin is anything but. Big power is no good if you're not connecting.

Interesting fight though, if it should happen.

Mik
October 26th, 2016, 7:53 AM
When in the last five years has anyone NOT connected with Fedor?

He completely neglects his Sambo and just charges face first into every fight he gets into. With someone with the natural power of Carwin (who undoubtedly WILL be on roids, look at him recently!), thats a dangerous game.

OD50
November 2nd, 2016, 4:07 AM
When in the last five years has anyone NOT connected with Fedor?
Monson/Ishii/Rizzo/Singh. Hendo was the last one to put any leather on Fedor.

Nash Diesel
November 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM

Ehhhh

Don't forget Fedor's last fight where he was almost knocked out in the first round by Fabio.

OD50
November 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
List was pre Maldonado/post Henderson.

Mik
November 5th, 2016, 8:04 AM

Exactly, he had to go HUGELY down in competition in order to not get touched. Before that he was still fighting guys generally regarded as being top 10 and getting hit a lot (Rodgers, Arlovski, Silva, Henderson). Then he dropped massively his competition levels (bearing in mind people thought he was beating cans even before that...which I don't agree with necessarily) and became untouchable again. Now even the shit competition is busting him up. Maldonado wouldn't touch the top ten in either division he fights in.

Mark Hammer
November 5th, 2016, 1:46 PM
Exactly, he had to go HUGELY down in competition in order to not get touched. Before that he was still fighting guys generally regarded as being top 10 and getting hit a lot (Rodgers, Arlovski, Silva, Henderson). Then he dropped massively his competition levels (bearing in mind people thought he was beating cans even before that...which I don't agree with necessarily) and became untouchable again. Now even the shit competition is busting him up. Maldonado wouldn't touch the top ten in either division he fights in.

He wouldn't touch anyone in the HW top 10? I don't know if I agree with that, the division is an odd one.

Mik
November 6th, 2016, 5:07 AM
Maldonado wouldn't get into the heavyweight top 10 in the UFC.

Mark Hammer
November 7th, 2016, 2:29 PM
Probably not; I thought we were referring to him putting leather on anyone in the top ten.

Nash Diesel
November 7th, 2016, 5:35 PM
The one thing I don't like about a lot of promotions outside of the UFC is that when they try to do something different, like an Open Weight Grand Prix or a tournament, it just never seems to be that fluid. Strikeforce was all over the fucking place with their Heavyweight Tournament, I don't even understand how this Rizin OWGP works. I mean you have Mirko who fought in the first round, and now he's fighting Wanderlai who didn't fight in the first round....You have Shane Carwin in the 2nd round, but didn't fight in the first round but he's not fighting someone who already fought his opponent hasn't even been named and we're less than 2 months away.

OD50
November 8th, 2016, 8:36 AM
Hey now, Hogan and André got byes in the first round at WrestleMania IV as well. :D

OD50
November 8th, 2016, 8:48 AM
Point was that Maldonado is faster and easily a better boxer than Shane Carwin and thus might have more success connecting with Fedor in the stand-up. Not saying he's a better overall fighter, top ten HW or more dangerous.

Maldonado wouldn't get into the heavyweight top 10 in the UFC.
Not debating that.

Nash Diesel
November 8th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Hey now, Hogan and André got byes in the first round at WrestleMania IV as well. :D

I was thinking the same exact thing when looking at the brackets lol.

OD50
December 19th, 2016, 1:04 PM
http://japanesemma.com/wp-content/uploads/rizin-world-gp-2016-brackets.jpg

No Wand/CC just like I was speculating earlier. Mo is a way tougher fight for CC though.. Texas Crazy Horse sighting??

Nash Diesel
December 19th, 2016, 1:27 PM
I did read an interview with Herring saying that he wanted to get back into MMA. He didn't really say fighting or promoting if I remember correctly, just he wanted to get back in the mix after what I believe was playing poker all these years. How full circle would this be if the main event was Cro Cop v. Heath Herring? I can still hear Bas Rutten's commentary when Cro Cop hit Heath with the liver kick, Bas gets so excited with liver kicks lol.

OD50
December 20th, 2016, 8:37 AM
For starters, if CC beats Mo my head will explode.. CC/HH would be a pretty badass final, for nostalgia if nothing else. What happened to Shane Carwin? Wasn't he supposed to be in the GP?

Nash Diesel
December 20th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah I was curious about Carwin as well so I looked it up and apparently he has family commitments. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it's something life or death, idk.

If CC beats King Mo I too will be surprised. I could definitely see Mo knocking out Cro Cop within the first 5-10 minutes.

Fanny Batter
December 20th, 2016, 2:04 PM
King Mo vs. Cro Cop is so Japan. I would expect Mo to win the tournament and move on to the Phil Davis rematch. Still find it strange that he's never won a Bellator title. Fedor, Rampage and Mo would make a pretty decent division of guys too old to want to cut to 205.

OD50
December 23rd, 2016, 5:54 AM
(legal) Stream will be available here:
https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2016, 2:51 PM
Results are in and yes, Cro Cop knocked out King Mo. I was a little skeptical if Cro Cop could beat King Mo. Mo has fought at HW several times in his career and Cro Cop isn't exactly the Cro Cop of 2002. Also, Heath Herring lost but hey he went the distance so that's good. Cruikshank lost, choked to bed. Sucks, love that dude.

Fanny Batter
December 29th, 2016, 3:19 PM
Cro Cop looked roided to fuck haha, like a big boulder. Always good to see the old boys do well. Crushing loss for King Mo though.

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2016, 3:22 PM
Yeah he looked like he was about to sign with a pro wrestling company in 1988.

Crushing loss for King Mo but you know, I applaud that dude for taking the fight and he had a good chance of winning. I actually thought he was going to win because he's fucked up some big dudes in the past with ease.

Nash Diesel
December 30th, 2016, 4:42 PM
Anyone see this 400lbs. dude Cro Cop is fighting next in this tournament? Kaido Hoovelson from Estonia. 6'6", 400lbs. former sumo wrestler. Screams Japanese MMA for sure lol. And he beat my man TK to advance to fighting Cro Cop!

OD50
January 2nd, 2017, 1:38 PM
Damn, my man CC.. The left straight/hook that killed Akbari looked exactly like the one that flattened Jan Nortje all those years ago in K-1. The old boy still packs some power for sure, I feel good now.

0:57:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3WHEVmJ5M

Anyone notice that CC turned Akbari into Shadface there for a second?

Mik
January 3rd, 2017, 7:07 AM
Good old Mirko. I truly believe if he didn't eat that gonzaga head kick and ruin his leg, his UFC run would've been different and he would be thought of as one of the all time greats in the hw division.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 9:04 AM
His injuries were already starting to pile up (it started way back in 2004 when he injured his foot vs Aleksander Emelianenko) but the GG KO and his foot/knee/ankle getting fucked up sure didn't make things any better. I know he fought Roy Nelson with a torn bicep for example.

I was thinking that the Iranian Akbari, he fought in the finals looked roided as fuck, checked out his wiki and found out he missed the 2012 Olympics due to being suspended for doping, and he was stripped of his 2013 World championship gold medal after testing positive for steroids, guessing we wont se Mr Akbari in the UFC.. But yeah, "Boulder" Crocop was probably also on some serious Japanese vitamins, so meh..

This would be the perfect time to put the gloves away for CC, winning the Rizin OWGP almost exactly 10 years after winning the Pride OWPG, going on an 7-fight win streak beating some decent guys like Akbari, King Mo, Gonzaga and Ishii, all those W's came via stoppage. He's also 7-1 in K-1/kickboxing in the same time. The loss against Bonjasky was utter bs though, should be 8-0 but whatever. Guessing the judges were guys Mirko put in jail during his anti-terrorist days or something..

I was hoping he would rematch Oliynyk in the UFC after he beat Gonzaga, I know he took that fight on very short notice when only training for kickboxing, no ground game whatsoever. Not a good idea against someone with 41 submission W's.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 1:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4Koor13Wz7FTi/giphy.gif

Sounds like CC's knee is in really rough shape after the GP and might need surgery. He said that he doesn't know if he'll fight again, which probably means that he will.. On one hand I really don't want to see him fight again, going out this way is better than 95% of fighters could ever hope to do. On the other hand there are a couple of intriguing fights that are entirely plausible to happen in Rizin, namely..

-Fedor II
-Wand III
-Shane Carwin

Nash Diesel
January 3rd, 2017, 1:57 PM
I think he should call it a day. Go out on a positive. I mean the guy has to have money you would think. The passion to fight is amazing with certain fighters.

Percussion
January 3rd, 2017, 2:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4Koor13Wz7FTi/giphy.gif

That rotating camera is terrific. Like to see UFC give this a shot from time to time.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:21 PM
Wonder if CC should be recognized as the true giant killer of fighting sports?

Bob Sapp - 6'5", 329 lbs (probably closer to 400 lbs when they fought)
Hong-Man Choi - 7'2", 330 lbs.
Jan Nortje - 6'11", 355 lbs.
Baruto - 6'6", 403 lbs.

All wins via (T)Ko btw. :D

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:22 PM
That rotating camera is terrific. Like to see UFC give this a shot from time to time.
It's mesmerizing, I have no fucking clue how they did it. Looks like something from an action movie.

Nash Diesel
January 3rd, 2017, 2:28 PM
Ah I thought that was from the replay not the actual fight, that's awesome!

Nash Diesel
January 3rd, 2017, 2:30 PM
And how about Kron Gracie!?!? Choked out Kawajiri who is a legend imo. Just a great fighter with a ton of top wins. And he gets choked out by a dude with 3 fights.

Percussion
January 3rd, 2017, 2:31 PM
It's mesmerizing, I have no fucking clue how they did it. Looks like something from an action movie.

It looks like it'd make a mundane jab look devastating. Imagining a Barboza wheel kick or an Aldo/MVP style flying knee ... yo.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:31 PM
And how about Kron Gracie!?!? Choked out Kawajiri who is a legend imo. Just a great fighter with a ton of top wins. And he gets choked out by a dude with 3 fights.
Nah, it's from the pre match highlights they showed before the CC/Akbari final. Still, cool as hell.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:32 PM
It looks like it'd make a mundane jab look devastating. Imagining a Barboza wheel kick or an Aldo/MVP style flying knee ... yo.
Showtime kick..

Percussion
January 3rd, 2017, 2:34 PM
:drool:

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:37 PM
Yeah, Kron seems promising. Swanson, Bermudez or Guida didn't come close to handling Kawajiri like that. Sad for Crusher though, been a fan of his since Pride Bushido and that crazy war with Gomi, and especially his DREAM run. He's closing in on 39 though and definitely looks to be slowing down.

Would love if Rizin somehow could bring Aoki back and do the rematch, first ended way too early for all the hype that was behind it. Both are legends of JMMA and probably neither has all that much left in the tank.

OD50
January 3rd, 2017, 2:43 PM
Not sure about Aoki, he's only 33 and was on a 9-fight win streak before getting KO'd by Folayang, that was his first decent opponent in 3-4 years though. I think he's looking to wind down and do more work as a trainer at the EVOLVE gym out of Singapore, I hear he's paid quite well there..

Nash Diesel
January 3rd, 2017, 4:36 PM
And why aren't we talking about Gabi Garcia's fight? Holy fuck lol. And them to top it off, Alpha Female hops in and challenges Gabi and they about throw down right then and there lol.

Percussion
January 3rd, 2017, 5:07 PM
And why aren't we talking about Gabi Garcia's fight? Holy fuck lol. And them to top it off, Alpha Female hops in and challenges Gabi and they about throw down right then and there lol.

Utter silliness. But ... JMMA, what are you gonna do?

OTOH, watching Rena Kubota, Andy Nguyen, and Miyu Yamamoto was pretty soft on the eyes. Nasty armbar in there too.

Nash Diesel
January 3rd, 2017, 5:10 PM
Rena Kubota is so fucking beautiful. I had never heard of Andy Nguyen before, pretty damn good looking as well.

Nash Diesel
January 4th, 2017, 4:14 PM
Well it appears Cro Cop is in fact going to retire. We've heard it a couple times from him in the past but this time it is for real....maybe lol. You never know.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/mirko-cro-cop/mirko-cro-cop-retires-mma/

OD50
January 5th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Here's what CC said on his FB page:

Dear friends and all of you who followed my career, I want to inform you, as I said last night in the daily new tv that rizin gp was my final competition.

Unfortunately, my health is blemished and I'm no longer able to keep pace and super strenuous training necessary that are nuzni for engaging in any sport let alone free fight.
My knee is badly damaged and filling up with fluid after every strenuous workout, more annoying after every practice and that's each.
My fifth surgery on my knee and tenth overall and the exact method is treatable, I'll know in a couple of weeks after do MRI. On his right knee is already 8 years ago gone crisis " collateral ligaments and meniscus, which is extracted and spot these last preparation died and cartilage. And knee can't put up with bloody trainings and neither am I, to be honest.

During these preparation I went across the borders of pain to do prep as I have them mapped out and to be prepared properly. The Last 4 weeks I couldn't even run from the pain in my knee and I no longer see how tight knees at the end of each week even burns I have ice on that knee because I need it after every practice quicken. Painful it is.

But I'm absolutely determined that I must win Rizin tournament and walk like a champion and that is priceless. In the last few days I have received several fabulous offer but I thanked for everyone. I always said I'll train and fight until my training they represented pleasure, but I really can't anymore. My body is bloody izraubano from practice and makes no sense to go farther. Ultimately needs to think about health and the life that is ahead of me.

I said I would love to do retirement fight in Japan and that would be great, provided I can rehabilitate my knee that I can take another preparation but it is highly doubtful. And that would be possibly possible only in the second half of the year but also to that fight and happens leaving happy, satisfied and fulfilled. Going out on the best way possible, like a winner and that is priceless. Unfortunately many great champions they had the privilege and pleasure because they didn't know when to stop. And off they went with a series of losses, that doesn't diminish their greatness and achievements but leave a bitter taste.
I think this is the best moment to go and that's why I'm extra happy because to leave as a winner has no price!
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support in my evo 20-year career and thanks for every message and warm words that you sent me. ❤

It's a shit Google translate from Croatian but you get the gist of it. Five surgeries on the same knee and ten surgeries over all, not good.

Nash Diesel
January 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I'll miss Cro Cop. He was one of the first Pride guys I ever saw. The first time I ever saw anything of Pride was on Fox Sports, the Best Damn Sports Show did a top 100 knockouts of all time countdown and they had the Cro Cop-Igor knockout on there. As I was exposed to more and more Cro Cop I just fell in love with him as a fighter. He was like a video game character or a pro wrestler, like he had a finishing move, the left high kick. I'll always remember his fight against Yamamoto at Bushido 1 or 2, and Bas Rutten's commentary through the whole fight was "He's going to hit him with the left high kick". He says this AT LEAST 17 times, then when the fight ends Bas has the nerve to say "I don't think I said anything the entire fight, I was like mesmerized". No you weren't Bas you were rambling about the high kick lol. Just really funny.

Cro Cop was just a stone face killer. He should be in movies as the guy you have to fight before you make it to the main villain.

OD50
January 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Two of my favorites, only PRIDE could ever put together a pre-fight hype piece like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouhAIYa6-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7-HGl1mYI

Percussion
January 5th, 2017, 1:13 PM
'Right leg is hospital, left is cemetery' is an all-timer.

Happy for him that he's gone out seemingly satisfied.

Nash Diesel
January 5th, 2017, 1:16 PM
'Right leg is hospital, left is cemetery' is an all-timer.

Happy for him that he's gone out seemingly satisfied.

Possibly the best line ever in MMA.

OD50
January 5th, 2017, 4:35 PM
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15781053_1434231813288178_4960279152649344520_n.jp g?oh=03ad7769e129443285963106be924090&oe=58EDEECF

OD50
January 5th, 2017, 4:44 PM
This is one of my favorite CC HL's from back in the day, especially the part in the beginning where he head kicks Mark Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDwttkY03JQ

Nash Diesel
January 5th, 2017, 4:56 PM
I just imagine like everytime someone was set to face Cro Cop it was like the first couple minutes of Kickboxer where Van Damme is telling Dennis Alexio about witnessing Tong Po kicking the pillars and shit like that.

Nash Diesel
November 29th, 2017, 5:29 PM
So a year ago we're having a laugh about Gabi Garcia facing a 50 year old former wrassler. Probably forgot but she was supposed to fight an even older former death match wrestler who she will now be facing at the next Rizin event. 54 year old Shinobu Kandori of FMW fame. So we know that if the ropes are barbed wire, she'll have an advantage.

Also, Gomi, fresh off his UFC release, will be fighting on the card as well. Against Yusuke Yachi who's 18-6 coming off several knockout finishes including 1 against my longtime Detroit homeboy Daron Cruikshank . So Gomi is on a 5 fight losing streak, this guy is on a 4 fight winning streak so why not? At 27 Yachi might be the new Gomi.

Nash Diesel
December 22nd, 2017, 9:33 PM
Cindy Dandois

Nash Diesel
December 29th, 2017, 3:49 PM
My love for Dandois is simply based on looks. Her striking is soooo bad, in every aspect offensively and defensively.

And Gabi Garcia missed weight by almost 30lbs. lol. She posted a long message on social media talking about everything under the sun being to blame. I'm sorry but when you're that much over the limit, and keep in mind this was an openweight fight with a max of 209lbs, why even bother? Why make the trip? Just to do some WWE shit over and over again? That's all her Rizin shit is about, that weird non-fighting bullshit that goes on. She's the Bob Sapp of women. 1 clean punch and she will be done. that's why she fights pro wrestlers. Fake punches.

Defrost
November 5th, 2018, 12:24 AM
New Year's Eve

RIZIN 14

Saitama Super Arena

Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa

Percussion
November 8th, 2018, 2:04 PM
Ya, didn't really think that was going to be a thing..

Nash Diesel
November 8th, 2018, 2:07 PM
Ya, didn't really think that was going to be a thing..

I did and I don't see how anyone could have thought otherwise considering Mayweather isn't someone who just goes out and campaigns fights that never materialize. It would have been cool. At the worst I figured it would have been a heavily edited kickboxing bout.

Percussion
November 8th, 2018, 2:18 PM
Without anything resembling specifics on the matter there was much to go on beyond doubt.

Mark Hammer
November 8th, 2018, 10:14 PM
The charade was enough to make it believable, in the sense of "what purpose does it serve for Floyd to lie about it/play along?". This whole thing was dumb in hindsight.

Percussion
November 9th, 2018, 12:10 AM
I didn't think Floyd was necessarily lying, but it smacked of promotion merely for the sake of promotion, or publicity.

They thought they work/shoot on Floyd, and this is still Sakakibara.