PDA

View Full Version : does your woman let you play video games on the big TV?

Nordberg
October 13th, 2015, 3:12 AM
My wife kicks up a big fuss about me playing games. Ok, so it's not her thing, but bearing in mind I work hard and she's a housewife I think I deserve the right to play games in my own fucking house.

Right now, the only gaming I can get in is when she's out, or when she's laying in bed all Saturday morning.

Am I being immature? Is she being a bitch?
im spending my time much more constructively that she is watching all the shit that's on tv.

MMH
October 13th, 2015, 3:20 AM
Wouldnt it be easier to just buy another big TV? It's not like they cost loads these days.

MikeHunt
October 13th, 2015, 3:39 AM
You're being immature and disgustingly stupid.

MikeHunt
October 13th, 2015, 3:40 AM
Maybe you should try and get yourself a boyfriend to play madden with all night or grow the fuck up.

The Rogerer
October 13th, 2015, 3:45 AM
Is that why you stopped coming home with plastic bags full of petrol

G-Fresh
October 13th, 2015, 5:23 AM
Tell yer wife to quit bitchin and start suckin.

MikeHunt
October 13th, 2015, 5:26 AM
Is that why you stopped coming home with plastic bags full of petrol

Nah. The bloody government charging for bags put a stop to that.

Romford Pele
October 13th, 2015, 5:31 AM
My wife kicks up a big fuss about me playing games. Ok, so it's not her thing, but bearing in mind I work hard and she's a housewife I think I deserve the right to play games in my own fucking house.

Right now, the only gaming I can get in is when she's out, or when she's laying in bed all Saturday morning.

im spending my time much more constructively that she is watching all the shit that's on tv.

How is playing Madden more constructive then watching tv? Serious question.

Do you have a spare room? Just get youself hooked up in there and you are sorted.

Mik
October 13th, 2015, 7:58 AM
Me and my girlfriend tend to play games together.

Get a better girlfriend/wife.

Romford Pele
October 13th, 2015, 8:08 AM
You have a girlfriend?!

;)

Nordberg
October 13th, 2015, 8:23 AM
Thing is, she doesn't approve of violence. She'll let me play, but she'll bitch and moan, even if she's doing something else.

MMH
October 13th, 2015, 8:37 AM
Push her down the stairs.

Romford Pele
October 13th, 2015, 9:18 AM
Thing is, she doesn't approve of violence. She'll let me play, but she'll bitch and moan, even if she's doing something else.

How old is she for fucks sake, 73?!

Chris Dolmeth
October 13th, 2015, 9:19 AM
Don't lie.. This "wife" you speak of is just your mom, huh? Parents just don't understand.

Chris Dolmeth
October 13th, 2015, 9:24 AM
All kidding aside, you just need to find a common hobby. You both seem to have vaginas, so maybe you can douche together.

Red Dog
October 13th, 2015, 9:46 AM

Buy a game that isn't violence then. Me and my mrs play F1 race stars together. Cool eh.

darkhorse
October 13th, 2015, 9:59 AM
Tell her you won't have sex with her until things change. She'll more than likely go running back to her ex with the huge penis, but while he's fucking her brains out and giving her the best sex of her life, you're free to play video games. Problem solved.

Atty
October 13th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Tell your bitch to get back in the kitchen and fix you a sandwich.

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2015, 2:11 PM
The last house we lived in was a 3 bedroom with a basement that was dug out that you didn't even want to store shit down there so any video game time was seriously limited. Unless you wanted to bust out the Wii or Sega to play on the t.v.'s we had in the other rooms because none of them worked with the PS3. It was brutal, the house was small as fuck even for 3 bedrooms (1 bedroom wasn't even a real bedroom but it worked).

So now we live in a bigger house with a finished basement that has a flat screen that the kids get to play their games on, even sometimes I get to play lol. My gf won't let me hook up any systems to the 60 some odd inch in the living room because "it looks tacky with all those cables" FUCK YOU! Wait...is she reading this?

In a nutshell, at least you get video game time, have some kids and watch that shit vanish including your saved data.

Rancid_Planet
October 13th, 2015, 2:34 PM
Women, even female gamers, DESPISE anything you might pay attention to that isn't them. Women hate feeling left out or unfun. Of course rather than act more "fun" what they're more likely to do is try to get you to change your definition of "fun" to "watching the Kardashians with me".

It's just inherent. However in my house we actually keep the big TV in the bedroom. So I play on the shitty one in the living room with the fucked up speakers that makes it sound like the devil lives in my house every time I play a game with a lot of bass.

Nash Diesel
October 13th, 2015, 3:42 PM
My gf LOVES that show Glee. She's watched every fucking season at least 10 times in the 5 years we've been together. Thanks Netflix! So Sunday, after having to "spend time" with her by sitting on our couch watching a couple hours of Glee and knowing full well I have about 10 years worth of DVR to get through due to never getting to watch my shit....She goes "Do you want to watch 10 Things I Hate About You"? I said naw and went and played a quick round of Resident Evil 5 mercenaries mode to prevent myself from shooting her square in the nuts.

Donald
October 13th, 2015, 4:11 PM
knew you were a queer

Hero!
October 13th, 2015, 5:15 PM
Women, even female gamers, DESPISE anything you might pay attention to that isn't them. Women hate feeling left out or unfun.

True words. She plays farm master kitchen zombies or whatever on her phone for 3 hours, but a few rounds of CoD and i'm "ignoring" her. Thankfully, she love a lot of the games I have on Wii, so I can rock through a bunch of those with her whenever I wanna game anyway.

Simmo Fortyone
October 13th, 2015, 5:58 PM
Ugh women, right?

LOCONUT
October 13th, 2015, 6:31 PM
If you handled your business properly in the bedroom this wouldn't be an issue.

Judas Iscariot
October 13th, 2015, 6:43 PM
I agree that you should push her down the stairs.

Kev
October 13th, 2015, 8:06 PM
When we had one TV it wasn't really an issue given that we're both not massive nuts for TV and like to read when the other is using the TV. She's really into the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and now Teen Wolf and I haven't really been terribly keen on any of those, so I'd read comics on my iPad or whatever.

And likewise if I was playing GTA5 (which I haven't touched in a long time) she'd be into one of her books while sitting next to me. I sometimes get her to have a go, but she doesn't really have a grasp of the controls and gets a bit frustrated and hands the controller back to me. I was normally online with the lads anyway and we're all taking the piss out of each other online.

We try and stay in the same room though since we're both full time workers.

I think there's a lot of factors that you're not telling us, perhaps not deliberately, about your homelife. For example, who's choice it was that your wife be a stay-at-home-housewife. Also, how much housework is there to do... if she's cleaning and cooking all day and looking forward to spending time with you when you get home, that's not really all that unreasonable. If she's just in front of the TV and expects you to worship her as soon as you walk through te door, then obv. that's unreasonable too.

Have a light chat with her when both of you are in a good mood and ask her how much it really gets on her nerves, it's normally easier to work out then if she's being completely unreasonable or if you're actually being a little bit selfish yourself.

Good luck :yes:

Kev
October 13th, 2015, 8:07 PM
In short, don't be a dickhead.

Clutch
October 13th, 2015, 8:14 PM
knew you were a queer

wow

Version 6
October 13th, 2015, 8:32 PM

In short, yes you are being immature.

It is not unreasonable for her to expect that the two of you will spend some time together when you're both home. That's quite normal.

You might want to have a think about why your preference in a situation where you could be enjoying your wife's company, is to play video games rather than interact with her.

For mine, playing video games is the kind of thing that is normal to do while my wife and kids are out or in bed. It's not normal to do that while they are all up and wanting to spend time with me.

LOCONUT
October 13th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Stop being sensible.

Atty
October 13th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Just be gay. It's a lot easier.

Nordberg
October 14th, 2015, 2:38 AM
Ok, some more detail.
My wife and I spend a lot of time together. In fact, we're together a lot and we get on really well and it's good for both of us. I don't think because we're married I should spend every moment of my day with her either. I think it's reasonable and natural to have different interests that don't overlap and although this time is important, it doesn't by any means become our main way of spending time.

I wouldn't intrude on her girly time, I think it's important she gets it. I also respect her wanting some time to do stuff by herself and I let her.
I think maybe part of this is because as her main thing is looking after the house and my work takes me out of the house she feels a little territorial about the space. She's actually on long-term sick leave which means she can't work, but she's putting her all into recovery and keeping a good house. Realistically I think she probably won't return to work full time, and I'm cool with that, but it's her decision as to what she does.

LOCONUT
October 14th, 2015, 2:48 AM
Being married isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to make huge sacrifices, like only playing video games when she isnt awake or home. I know this sounds crazy.

Romford Pele
October 14th, 2015, 3:10 AM
Aahahahagahahsha

The Beer Monster
October 14th, 2015, 4:17 AM
My wife actually suggested I play metal gear solid when I got in last night. I am too well trained though and declined and we watched Suits.

Side note: how am i supposed to know which one she means when she says the handsome one, they're both blokes with faces.

Mr McGregor
October 14th, 2015, 8:13 AM
Just be gay. It's a lot easier.

Truth. My ex and I would play Mortal Kombat so much that our friends thought it was a euphemism.

son_of_foley
October 14th, 2015, 8:50 AM
LET me play?

Does she LET me play games in my own house after a hard days work?

no

Simmo Fortyone
October 14th, 2015, 5:20 PM
You might want to have a think about why your preference in a situation where you could be enjoying your wife's company, is to play video games rather than interact with her.
Just gonna repeat this bit here

The_Mike
October 14th, 2015, 6:01 PM
Ok, some more detail.
My wife and I spend a lot of time together. In fact, we're together a lot and we get on really well and it's good for both of us. I don't think because we're married I should spend every moment of my day with her either. I think it's reasonable and natural to have different interests that don't overlap and although this time is important, it doesn't by any means become our main way of spending time.

I wouldn't intrude on her girly time, I think it's important she gets it. I also respect her wanting some time to do stuff by herself and I let her.
I think maybe part of this is because as her main thing is looking after the house and my work takes me out of the house she feels a little territorial about the space. She's actually on long-term sick leave which means she can't work, but she's putting her all into recovery and keeping a good house. Realistically I think she probably won't return to work full time, and I'm cool with that, but it's her decision as to what she does.

To what extent is it really her decision if she is too ill to work? Your sick wife is home all day, alone, working hard to keep the place together despite her illness, and when the man who loves her finally comes in the door he wants to blow off some 13-year-old's head in CoD instead of spend time with her. What message do you think she's going to get out of that? And that doesn't even touch on the outright denigration of everything she does that exudes from each of your posts. A grown woman needs her 'girly time', isn't being constructive by watching shit on TV instead of playing games, and looking after the house is just her thing because hey, she's only a housewife...

It doesn't have to be an either/or issue, you have the right to play games and have fun on your own terms, but perhaps it would pay to look a bit deeper into why you playing games when you get home winds her up. Like, ask her a question or something, and be willing to listen to the answer.

My wife doesn't like violence. Not that she thinks it is evil and immoral for there to be violence in games or the media, she just doesn't want to see it. This briefly came to a head when she passed through the living room and saw me slit someone's throat in Skyrim on the big TV. And by come to a head, I mean she said she didn't want to see that, and I said "oops, sorry, I'll just pause it if you're coming in from now on". Marriage saved.

Atty
October 14th, 2015, 8:54 PM
Sounds like she's just mad that you don't play a real game and settle for this CoD shit.

Nordberg
October 15th, 2015, 1:12 AM
Playing games is my way of unwinding. I don't just cast her aside, as I said we spend a lot of time together, we're on really good terms. There's no issue in that way at all.

Some people play golf, some drink with friends, some gamble. I play video games. I don't see why that should be a problem. I think every now and then everyone needs quiet time to unwind without company. I'm not sitting there hour after hour or impending on anything else.

But a blanket ban if she's in the house? It's unreasonable.

Version 6
October 15th, 2015, 1:15 AM
Playing games is my way of unwinding. I don't just cast her aside, as I said we spend a lot of time together, we're on really good terms. There's no issue in that way at all.

Some people play golf, some drink with friends, some gamble. I play video games. I don't see why that should be a problem. I think every now and then everyone needs quiet time to unwind without company. I'm not sitting there hour after hour or impending on anything else.

But a blanket ban if she's in the house? It's unreasonable.

It's not hard.

If she's in the house, reading a book - play video games.

If she's in the house, having a shower - play video games.

If she's in the house, on the phone to a friend - play video games.

If she's in the house and wants to spend time with you - spend time with her.

Judas Iscariot
October 15th, 2015, 1:33 AM
But what if he just wants to do something by himself and get into his alone time zone and play video games? That's not egregious and I still think MMH is right and he should kick her down the stairs.

Version 6
October 15th, 2015, 1:37 AM
If you want to have alone time whenever you want, you probably shouldn't live with another adult human.

Morrison
October 15th, 2015, 2:21 AM
If you want to have alone time whenever you want, you probably shouldn't live with another adult human.

that's an oddly antiquated approach.

he's already said they spend plenty of time together. his issue is that he cannot cobble out any free time for himself unless she's incapacitated in some way. there's a balance that needs to be struck, not a line that needs to be towed(ie. you agreed to spend your life with me so now all your time is mine unless i say otherwise). if that works for you, great, but obviously he doesnt want to try and stuff his time without her into the margins of her schedule. what if they go to sleep at the same time? how long can a shower take?

it could just come down to him having to let her feel whatever way about his gaming that she wants to and not try and change it. acknowledge her points and feelings but tell her this chunk of time is important to him.

Judas Iscariot
October 15th, 2015, 3:38 AM
Omg god forbid someone has hobbies their partner doesn't and still wants to enjoy their hobbies anyway because, you know, that's how adult human beings work.

Version 6
October 15th, 2015, 5:06 AM
Uh none of that is what I said.

Seemingly, he wants to do these things on his terms, as and when he pleases. That's not sustainable. I can't believe I'm explaining this to adults, but if you want to have a strong relationship with someone you probably can't just do whatever you want whenever you want.

Version 6
October 15th, 2015, 5:15 AM
For instance I like going for runs, but if I wanted to go for a run but my wife was home alone all day by herself sick and told me she wanted to spend time with me, I would probably just run later.

The Rogerer
October 15th, 2015, 6:23 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9b/b3/82/9bb382f20dc5d1cd276ec0e99e6d1674.jpg

Red Dog
October 16th, 2015, 3:15 AM
Punch her in the face?

RuneEdge
October 16th, 2015, 6:10 AM
If you handled your business properly in the bedroom this wouldn't be an issue.

Exactly. A nice little bedroom telly with the consoles hooked up, and you're good to go. :yes:

Red Dog
October 16th, 2015, 6:19 AM
I don't think that's what GBF meant.

Alf
October 16th, 2015, 6:23 AM
I think that was the joke RED DOG.

wardy
October 16th, 2015, 7:30 AM
I think he knew he was joking ALF.

Bad Collin
October 16th, 2015, 8:16 AM
I think he knew that he knew that he knew he was joking WARDY

Atty
October 20th, 2015, 10:28 PM
It's not hard.

If she's in the house, reading a book - play video games.

If she's in the house, having a shower - play video games.

If she's in the house, on the phone to a friend - play video games.

If she's in the house and wants to spend time with you - spend time with her.

Woah, woah, woah.

You lost me there at the end.