PDA

View Full Version : UFC 200

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nash Diesel
September 29th, 2015, 1:57 PM
We are getting VERY close to UFC 200. With Jon Jones not going to prison, one has to think he's a shoe-in for this event facing the winner of Cormier-Gus.

What fights do you guys think will go down? Has anyone heard of a location or possible fights?

Percussion
September 29th, 2015, 2:14 PM
July 2 in Vegas.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-200-announced-for-july-2-2016-in-new-las-vegas-arena-071015

Fanny Batter
September 29th, 2015, 2:17 PM
Rousey vs. Cyborg, Jones vs. DC/Gustafsson or Conor vs. Aldo/Edgar main event (should he win the title) with either the middleweight or welterweight title underneath. I doubt they'd combine 2 of those 3 big fights since they would need big cards for April (MSG) and May (always a big un). Then third top I'd be looking at doing a big legend's fight, Vitor vs. Machida, something like that.

Nash Diesel
September 29th, 2015, 2:20 PM
I think a huge fight could be Rousey-Holm 2 if Holm beats Rousey. Rousey being the biggest draw they have I would not be negative to her headlining this card but I have a feeling Jones will be the headliner. UNLESS they actually do the MSG show and he winds up on it with a super fight against Chris Weidman.

Eddie Brock
September 29th, 2015, 2:30 PM
Main Event - Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Cris Cyborg

Co Main - Anderson Silva vs. GSP (185 lbs)

Mark Hammer
September 29th, 2015, 7:50 PM
I'm down for a GSP return fight at UFC 200 but I don't want it to be vs Anderson Silva. There's really zero appeal left to that fight now that Silva has been wrecked a couple of times and GSP is a shell of his former self.

Jones/DC II or Jones/Gus II
Rousey/Cyborg
Conor McGregor vs anyone

And the box office doesn't stand a chance.

Eddie Brock
September 29th, 2015, 10:15 PM
He should fight a returning Silva. After the Diaz fight I got GSP all day, UFC 200, Dana make it happen. Yes, I realize Andy is a juicer, however.

Spedizzo
September 30th, 2015, 8:52 AM
Didn't Dana White say a few days ago that GSP is 99.9% retired and not coming back? He has no drive or motivation left, and apparently is sort of a mental case now as well.

I would assume this card has Jon Jones or McGregor (if he beats Aldo) on it.

If McGregor doesn't beat Aldo, it will probably have Jon Jones and another big title fight like Rousey/Cyborg, or Silva vs. Weidman 3.

I don't think Silva beats Weidman at all, but I don't know how anyone can be complacent with the results of the second fight.

Mik
September 30th, 2015, 9:56 AM
Have you seen GSP interviewed? He's not a mental case at all.

Spedizzo
September 30th, 2015, 1:47 PM
He is emotionally temperamental (but that could be because he is a French Canadian) and believes he was abducted by aliens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxnCG4Voo8

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 1:56 PM
Does anyone have proof he wasn't abducted by aliens?

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 2:20 PM
Would anyone have to prove that?

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 2:45 PM
Would anyone have to prove that?

I think if you're trying to knock GSP then yeah, you should have some proof. You can't be all BJ Penn about the situation and just CLAIM he's lying.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 2:54 PM
I'm not necessarily saying he's lying. He may just not have a clue.

The fact that there is no real evidence of anything resembling such a thing allows me to not have to prove that his claim has no merit.

He's making the absurd claim. It's his burden of proof.

Spedizzo
September 30th, 2015, 2:55 PM
GSP is wired different mentally. It is what helped develop him into a fighting machine.

He wasn't gifted genetically like say Jon Jones... you can clearly tell that his body is sculpted by hard work. I truly don't believe he ever did PEDs or HGH.

GSP didn't train wrestling until he was an adult... but was able to toss around NCAA Division I champions like children... that is almost insanity.

The guy literally would train for like 25 hours a day to perfect his craft to the point where it was probably becoming too much and messed with his brain. He was burnt out of the sport in his early 30s.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/26/5450312/georges-st-pierres-reveals-his-struggles-with-ocd-ufc-welterweight-champ-obsessive-compulsive

I am sure with that, comes other issues with his mind function compared to an average human being.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 3:08 PM
I'm not necessarily saying he's lying. He may just not have a clue.

The fact that there is no real evidence of anything resembling such a thing allows me to not have to prove that his claim has no merit.

He's making the absurd claim. It's his burden of proof.

Well he does have enough money to probably find some proof but it's almost certain that the aliens who abducted him aren't going to make that easy for him.

GSP is wired different mentally. It is what helped develop him into a fighting machine.

He wasn't gifted genetically like say Jon Jones... you can clearly tell that his body is sculpted by hard work. I truly don't believe he ever did PEDs or HGH.

GSP didn't train wrestling until he was an adult... but was able to toss around NCAA Division I champions like children... that is almost insanity.

The guy literally would train for like 25 hours a day to perfect his craft to the point where it was probably becoming too much and messed with his brain. He was burnt out of the sport in his early 30s.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/26/5450312/georges-st-pierres-reveals-his-struggles-with-ocd-ufc-welterweight-champ-obsessive-compulsive

I am sure with that, comes other issues with his mind function compared to an average human being.

All of that is probably why he was abducted. They studied him and sent him back unharmed to the naked eye.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 3:10 PM
Whew. I thought you were actually speaking seriously for a second there.

Good stuff Nash.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 3:17 PM
50/50. Think about it. How many that claim they were abducted have concrete proof that the masses take as gospel? I can't think of a single alien abduction claim that was taught to me in school or announced across the globe by world leaders as being something that actually happened. I'm not that arrogant to believe we're the only ones in the entire universe but I don't want some District 9 shit to start happening either.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 3:27 PM
I don't care what the masses take as gospel. That's pointless. People literally take a virgin birth as gospel. Absurd.

I don't think we're alone in the universe either. Doesn't whatsoever indicate alien fucking abduction.

If you can't think for yourself why alien abduction stories on the whole sound patently ridiculous, well, fuck I don't even know.

I think you've got some kind of midwest flyover town cabin fever sometimes with some of the riffraff stories you allow youself to really consider. And believe it or not I mean that without a glimpse of insult. You're not some kind of mentally flawed individual, but some of these things man.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 3:41 PM
I don't care what the masses take as gospel. That's pointless. People literally take a virgin birth as gospel. Absurd.

I don't think we're alone in the universe either. Doesn't whatsoever indicate alien fucking abduction.

If you can't think for yourself why alien abduction stories on the whole sound patently ridiculous, well, fuck I don't even know.

I think you've got some kind of midwest flyover town cabin fever sometimes with some of the riffraff stories you allow youself to really consider. And believe it or not I mean that without a glimpse of insult. You're not some kind of mentally flawed individual, but some of these things man.

Look here Reservoir Dogs, you are the one who inserted yourself into this conversation about GSP being abducted by aliens so you can drop as many F bombs and knock my city all you want. But don't you ever EVER claim that alien abduction isn't possible. I just won't have it.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 3:44 PM
I never said it wasn't possible. Not effin once.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 3:51 PM
I never said it wasn't possible. Not effin once.

I believe in alien abduction. I don't believe that every single story is true, but I do believe at least one has to be. Even if we take it back to the dawn of mankind. You have got to be a boring ass miserable motherfucker to be around in person. Probably try to question everyone's opinion's like a mental case. But please, go on and freak the fuck out some more it's actually pretty entertaining.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 3:53 PM
I realize you're easily entertained.

alien abduction ...

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 3:57 PM
I realize you're easily entertained.

alien abduction ...

I think you are just a miserable person who thinks everything is super serious and requires a shithead response if it's something you don't agree with. You actually thought Venom's comments about Gus were legit. You were questioning my earlier comments about GSP and then freaked the fuck out when I said that it's 50/50 on how I feel about alien abductions and that subject in general. I see it in other threads with other people where so many things are going over your head and then when put in your place you just come with another smart ass comment like a 13 year old.

You need to lighten up P13. Maybe step outside, look up, and thank those aliens for not beaming up your downer ass.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 4:01 PM
You're breaking my heart, big Nash. You asked out loud why anyone would have to prove an absurd claim, remember.

And I wasn't the only one who took Venom's coment seriously.

But I'll leave you be to your ghouls and possessions and alien abductions. I see that's some sensitive stuff for ya. Watch your cornfields, man.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 4:11 PM
Mark Hammer was the only one and him and Venom go back and forth like some big brother little brother shit around here so I pay it no mind.

It's not sensitive stuff at all. The fact you took me saying "dont you ever EVER think alien abduction isn't possible" as me threatening you or anything is a prime example of you not seeing the lightheartedness of this whole conversation about GSP and aliens. Again, you take things wayyyyyy too serious and then make little snide comments when your called out on it.

So yeah, I'll take all those things you mentioned at the end and you can do whatever it is you do. Which judging by your personality it's probably about as exciting as shooting yourself in the dick.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 4:16 PM
What's funny is I didn't take that as threatening. That's why I dropped an ef-bomb instead of an f-bomb. I was actually paying attention to you.

Until you wanted to go all in in trying to actually insult me. To which fair enough.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 4:18 PM
What's funny is I didn't take that as threatening. That's why I dropped an ef-bomb instead of an f-bomb. I was actually paying attention to you.

Until you wanted to go all in in trying to actually insult me. To which fair enough.

Well prior to that when I posted the 50/50 comments you responded with 3 or 4 f bombs plus the ef-bomb after the fact. And hey, you insulted me, several times, I rarely sling mud back at you and your little snide comments because it's comical.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 4:25 PM
Well prior to that when I posted the 50/50 comments you responded with 3 or 4 f bombs plus the ef-bomb after the fact. And hey, you insulted me, several times, I rarely sling mud back at you and your little snide comments because it's comical.

Two. Then the ef-bomb. But ok. And I went out of my way to let you know I didn't want to insult you. I wanted to give you more credit than that.

But again, ok.

Nash Diesel
September 30th, 2015, 5:40 PM
Ok enough about aliens.

UFC 200. Who's getting the HOF nod? Who is a gigantic name from the pre-TUF era that you think they'll put in? I'm thinking Rich Franklin. He made his name post-TUF 1, but if Forrest and Bonnar are in I could see Franklin. And correct me if I'm wrong but they've revamped the HOF with different categories, is Bonnar still in by himself or did they remove him and Forrest and just put the fight itself in that particular category?

I think a fight that could go in at this event would be Tito v. Chuck 2 which at the time was the biggest fight they ever put on, huge ppv buyrate for that event.

Percussion
September 30th, 2015, 6:38 PM
Rich makes sense. I never know what kind of terms Frank and UFC are on.

Mark Hammer
September 30th, 2015, 9:31 PM
Mark Hammer was the only one and him and Venom go back and forth like some big brother little brother shit around here so I pay it no mind.

Venom and I have gotten along just fine for at least a few months; you on the other hand regularly get into these ridiculous spats where getting the last word is more important to you than not annoying/boring the shit out of everyone misfortunate enough to enter your threads. So keep my name out of your mouth and take a look in the mirror please. :yes:

Eddie Brock
September 30th, 2015, 10:55 PM
No way Hammer and I have went back and forth as much as Diesel and Hammer have in the past. I can't count the number of threads I entered and just quit reading, because every post on at least one page was an argument between both of you. Wasn't serious about Gus, either. Just trying to help Spedizzo understand why it's not an interim title fight. But he's right, it might as well be.

Nash Diesel
October 1st, 2015, 12:11 AM
Venom and I have gotten along just fine for at least a few months; you on the other hand regularly get into these ridiculous spats where getting the last word is more important to you than not annoying/boring the shit out of everyone misfortunate enough to enter your threads. So keep my name out of your mouth and take a look in the mirror please. :yes:

Final post must mean something totally different to me as it does to you.

Your name was solely mentioned as a reference to others who were just as dim about Venom's post so don't get too proud. With that said, any other thoughts on this event?

No way Hammer and I have went back and forth as much as Diesel and Hammer have in the past. I can't count the number of threads I entered and just quit reading, because every post on at least one page was an argument between both of you. Wasn't serious about Gus, either. Just trying to help Spedizzo understand why it's not an interim title fight. But he's right, it might as well be.

Its not a contest Im just saying 99% of the time you two are never on the same page. Shocked it didnt turn into a convo about Vitor and Weidman again.

Eddie Brock
October 1st, 2015, 12:35 AM
Its not a contest Im just saying 99% of the time you two are never on the same page. Shocked it didnt turn into a convo about Vitor and Weidman again.

Maybe not, but unlike you, I know when to agree to disagree instead of derailing multiple threads with your constant nonsense.

Nash Diesel
October 1st, 2015, 8:47 AM
Agree to disagree then. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

UFC 200. Word on the street is that if the MSG goes down, Jones and Weidman would/could be on that card. I think the options are wide open, it's so far away and so much can change from now until then.

Mark Hammer
October 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Rich makes sense. I never know what kind of terms Frank and UFC are on.

Good terms apparently. Rich was still being offered fights while he was CEO of ONE Championship. I've never heard Dana speak ill of him either.

Mark Hammer
October 1st, 2015, 12:32 PM
Agree to disagree then. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

UFC 200. Word on the street is that if the MSG goes down, Jones and Weidman would/could be on that card. I think the options are wide open, it's so far away and so much can change from now until then.

I think it's too soon for Jones/Weidman. Weidman hasn't quite cleaned his division yet and Jones has an inevitable rematch with either DC or Gus to worry about.

Mark Hammer
October 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Final post must mean something totally different to me as it does to you.

Your name was solely mentioned as a reference to others who were just as dim about Venom's post so don't get too proud. With that said, any other thoughts on this event?

Stop deferring attention to everyone else. It's either you vs me, you vs percussion, or you vs Venom derailing threads on a regular basis. Who is the common denominator?

Percussion
October 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Good terms apparently. Rich was still being offered fights while he was CEO of ONE Championship. I've never heard Dana speak ill of him either.

I worded that kinda wonky. I meant Rich Franklin makes sense as a candidate for HoF.

Then wondered what kind of terms Frank Shamrock and UFC are on in terms of his candidacy. It always seems rocky at best, but would they bend for the cause.

Nash Diesel
October 1st, 2015, 5:43 PM
I think it's too soon for Jones/Weidman. Weidman hasn't quite cleaned his division yet and Jones has an inevitable rematch with either DC or Gus to worry about.

Stop deferring attention to everyone else. It's either you vs me, you vs percussion, or you vs Venom derailing threads on a regular basis. Who is the common denominator?

Myself and Venom hardly ever talk but I will admit that me and you go back and forth and percussion...well he's a hard one to read :)

And I don't see how you or Venom were offended, saying you two act like brothers wasn't me saying you're pieces of shit I was just saying when you speak to each other I pay it no mind. How is that even a bad thing? You and I go at it and call it good shortly after like nothing ever happened lol, it's not a big deal. Don't forget those times in the past where people claimed it was just me and you fucking up threads around here. The good ol' days :)

I worded that kinda wonky. I meant Rich Franklin makes sense as a candidate for HoF.

Then wondered what kind of terms Frank Shamrock and UFC are on in terms of his candidacy. It always seems rocky at best, but would they bend for the cause.

Frank talks mad shit about the UFC but $$$ talks.

Mik
October 2nd, 2015, 4:20 AM
Are we really derailing this thread to discuss who is more guilty of detailing threads?

TheRockSays
February 21st, 2016, 2:02 AM
McGregor vs. Edgar
Lawler vs WonderBoy

I'd buy the shit out of that.

Seanny One Ball
February 21st, 2016, 3:37 AM
Would you really Nightman Sneaky Brotown?

Eddie Brock
February 21st, 2016, 1:35 PM
Two title fights, return of GSP, and debut of Punk?

Should be enough to bring in over 1.5mil buys.

TheRockSays
February 21st, 2016, 2:32 PM
Would you really Nightman Sneaky Brotown?
So cool. Teach me.

Seanny One Ball
March 3rd, 2016, 9:25 PM
It puts the lotion in the basket

Nash Diesel
March 7th, 2016, 3:49 PM
I think Anderson Silva needs to be on this card.

Percussion
March 7th, 2016, 4:30 PM
Georges St. Pierre vs. Robbie Lawler

Frankie Edgar vs. Conor McGregor

Gegard Mousasi vs. Anderson Silva

Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez

Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm

... too unrealistic?

PurePlayer
March 7th, 2016, 4:59 PM
I would think Holm vs Tate happens here no? Then Rousey faces winner of that.

Percussion
March 7th, 2016, 5:02 PM
Not sure why it would need to be done again so soon.

PurePlayer
March 7th, 2016, 5:18 PM
Strike while it's hot. I dunno

Eddie Brock
March 7th, 2016, 7:30 PM
Some possibilities for 200 though I'm not saying either of these will happen. 2016 has been about as crazy unpredictable as 2015 already!

* With Tate now the champion Rousey conveniently has a much quicker recovery time than expected and makes the card.

* With all of his boys/girls suffering losses White re-signs GSP who got a reaction Saturday night at 196. The dude can definitely pop a buyrate, and his opponent doesn't matter. I'm thinking we could finally get him vs. Silva which would be a fair fight. Silva's momentum has died down since GSP left, and both guys aren't getting younger.

Percussion
March 7th, 2016, 7:41 PM
I believe Rousey has a couple of movie commitments this summer. Don't know exactly the level of commitment involved, but these are said to have her away until the fall.

Eddie Brock
March 7th, 2016, 9:35 PM
Rousey's supposedly had her film projects pushed back so is available and could get a training camp together in time to fight come this card. They go all out for these anniversary milestone shows. So yeah, it's possible.

Percussion
March 7th, 2016, 9:49 PM
That would be terrific.

Nash Diesel
March 10th, 2016, 3:18 PM
First fight for UFC 200 officially announced....motherfucker got his wish with his "back injury"

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/12821631_917113821671527_6484934991509908537_n.jpg ?oh=33b11a46fe08761310639745eca7e3fb&oe=574FBAEC

Percussion
March 10th, 2016, 3:25 PM
Where is this officially from?

Hero!
March 10th, 2016, 3:26 PM
Nowhere. Look at the fucking pixels!

Nash Diesel
March 10th, 2016, 3:31 PM
A wrestling community FB thing that I'm part of shared it from a FB page called "CM Punk-UFC" Not sure how credible it is after looking at the page. I thought it was legit at first lol. I thought that he or someone from his camp said that his back surgery was nothing major and he would be able to fight at UFC 200. It's a good 4 months away.

Percussion
March 10th, 2016, 3:32 PM
Oh, Nash...

Nash Diesel
March 10th, 2016, 3:34 PM
I was just excited to see that he was finally going to fight, I didn't have time to investiage!! lol.

chatty
March 10th, 2016, 3:36 PM
I think they said they were looking at putting him on UFC 199 if anything. That was befroe the injury but looking on the UFC site I can't see anything and if they had announced this then it would be on there.

Nash Diesel
March 10th, 2016, 4:04 PM
I think they said they were looking at putting him on UFC 199 if anything. That was befroe the injury but looking on the UFC site I can't see anything and if they had announced this then it would be on there.

Yep, they wanted him to fight at UFC 199 and he was very against it even after Gall won the fight against Mike Jackson. Then literally like a couple days later he announces he's needing back surgery. But again I thought I heard him or someone in his camp say that he'd be ready for UFC 200 which I thought was odd. Could be minor surgery that only keeps him out of action for a month then he can get back to training. It's not until early July but who knows. Again I apologize for getting everyone excited, trust me I'm a little gutted that this isn't real. Shitty pixels or not lol.

Fanny Batter
March 17th, 2016, 8:08 AM
Velasquez vs. Browne looks like it will be the first fight announced. Hoping for Lawler defending against GSP (or the Condit rematch), Conor defending against Edgar, Punk's debut, Velasquez/Browne and Aldo/Holloway for the main card, unless they want to break records and have Punk on FS1 and something like Nate Diaz vs. Eddie Alvarez to round out the main show.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2016, 9:42 AM
That would actually be really really smart to have that Punk fight on FS1 unless that channel doesn't have the reach to make it worth while because you can bet there are people who will solely order this ppv to see CM Punk fight. It would easily be the biggest ratings grab in FS1's history though.

Spedizzo
March 17th, 2016, 9:58 AM
I think Robbie Lawler would be a bad match for GSP. GSP has considerable ring rust and I think Lawler's wrestling is good to keep it standing enough for him to land some blows to make GSP tempermental and TKO him.

I have been hearing potential Nate Diaz/GSP matches. That is an awful match. GSP would completely ragdoll Nate Diaz.

Diaz brothers cannot keep it competitive against a high level wrestler who also has high level jiu jitsu. I love the Diaz brothers, but it has always been their Achilles's heel. They then bitch about it in the post fight.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I definitely think giving GSP a fight against someone in the top 10 would be better than having him immediately jump back in and challenge Lawler. Lawler is on fire. I'm not saying that GSP can't beat him, I'm just saying, do you really want your first fight in almost 3 years be against a guy who hits that hard? Idk.

Spedizzo
March 17th, 2016, 10:33 AM
I think you have to give him Robbie Lawler at the end of the day. He is still the real king at welterweight in many fan's heads... He trains with Rory so he won't fight him. He already beat Carlos Condit and Hendricks. I don't think he is trying to earn his way back to the top to face guys like Woodley and Thompson.

To be honest, I don't think GSP even comes back.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM
It was very interesting that he was at the last UFC ppv. Plus he's currently or just wrapped up an 8-week training session.

Eddie Brock
March 17th, 2016, 2:25 PM
Anderson Silva vs. GSP...would be epic for old times sake. We just saw Silva fight, and he's not who he once was. Who knows what GSP will look like if he makes a return. I really don't want to see Silva fight a heavy hitter, because I think he'd get knocked out. GSP's not that, and if Silva were to get finished by GSP we'd know he's really done.

Percussion
March 17th, 2016, 2:27 PM
Silva's looking at a matchup with Uriah Hall at 198 in Brazil.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2016, 2:31 PM

I'd like to see that.

Eddie Brock
March 17th, 2016, 8:20 PM

Surely they'd want Silva on 200? And Hall? Last time he fought he got exposed by Whittaker. He doesn't deserve to be in the ring with Silva.

Percussion
March 17th, 2016, 8:29 PM
Just confirmed..

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/710603916929445889

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdySf0_UsAApOcw.jpg

I think they see Silva as more valuable on a Brazil card than what will be an already stacked 200 card. Or maybe Silva expressed a big desire to fight in Curitiba. Idk.

Anywho, I was hoping they'd match him with Mousasi here ... oh well. This is muy interesting though.

Percussion
March 18th, 2016, 2:35 PM
Report: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 2 expected for UFC 200 in July (http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-conor-mcgregor-vs-nate-diaz-2-expected-for-ufc-200-in-july-031816)

Ugh.

Hope this is just a negotiating tactic somehow.

Spedizzo
March 18th, 2016, 2:36 PM
that is absolute fucking horse shit if true

Nash Diesel
March 18th, 2016, 2:39 PM
I hate this shit. If you notice, a lot of these immediate rematches are due to the person who the UFC wanted to win ends up losing so they're like, oh we better do a rematch! The UFC apparently broke their ppv record with the Diaz-McGregor fight, 1.5 million buys I heard so either they want to try and replicate that-which is dumb because it won't happen like that a 2nd time around, there was so much going into that ppv that you can't replicate. Or its' that they want McGregor to get that win back. You think if McGregor wins they're going to "Ok Nate deserves a rematch now let's do a rubber match!" Fuck no they'll give McGregor a fucking title shot lol.

I was reallllly hoping McGregor v. Edgar for the 145 belt. So far no titles have been rumored to be defended here other than the WW strap, I heard Lawler v. GSP but take that with a grain of alien salt.

Spedizzo
March 18th, 2016, 2:40 PM
if this is true, the UFC is full of fucking shit

the match makes NOOOOOOOOOO fucking sense other than McGregor being a whiney cunt backstage and wanting his win back

how does it make any sense??? McGregor got choked out in ROUND 2. The fight was a random grudge match anyway at 170. When has the UFC ever given a fighter an immediate rematch after being choked out in random non-title fight? When he has Edgar/Aldo waiting for a title shot

Aldo doesn't get an immediate rematch after being a worldbeater champ for 10 years who got fluke KO'd in 10 seconds, but McGregor gets an immediate rematch in a grudge match situation after getting choked out in 2 rounds?

a rematch doesn't even prove anything even if McGregor wins. what a waste of a fucking fight

Eddie Brock
March 19th, 2016, 7:30 PM
If McGregor wins, that opens the Dos Anjos fight back up, that's a huge matchup.

If they have Dos Anjos fight at UFC 200 too, they build him up, that could be epic fight.

But too many ifs.

Nash Diesel
March 21st, 2016, 9:36 AM
It's the UFC trying to rewrite history. If McGregor wins, the loss to Diaz never happened. Then they can get back on track with pushing McGregor to the moon. That's why they wanted to do Ronda v. Holm 2 and Cain V v. Werdum 2, because Holly and Fabricio were not supposed to win. I don't think I've really seen any fan go "Yep this is a great fight to make!"

Mik
March 22nd, 2016, 2:10 PM
The fight made a LOT of money. That's why they are running it again, because it'll make even more when they get time to build it properly. It's pretty simple really.

Nash Diesel
March 22nd, 2016, 2:19 PM
The fight made a LOT of money. That's why they are running it again, because it'll make even more when they get time to build it properly. It's pretty simple really.

I'm sure there are fans out there who want to see the rematch but so far the general reception to this rematch has been extremely negative. What's the build? That a 145er moved up 2 weight classes and lost? So now he needs to redeem himself? And now Nate needs to prove he can beat a smaller man again? That's the build, and that's why the rumor has been met with negativity.

So I'm not sure if it will make even more money considering how the first fight went down. I think there was some mystique about the whole thing and now there is no mystique. Just a bunch of excuses is all it will come across as. McGregor hasn't fought at 170 before, McGregor didn't have a full training camp to prepare for Nate even though he made it crystal fucking clear he didn't need one and that he was always ready for any challenge. His arrogance and confidence puts him in a situation where he will come across as someone who the UFC is spoiling like a child. He talked mega shit and did well in that first round...but he still lost. The rematch is pointless, even from a financial point of view.

Honestly they could probably make way more money if they had McGregor defend the title. The ppv is already going to be huge, why not have McGregor v. Edgar? They're going to headline UFC 200 with a fight that made a shit ton of money but now has no real appeal. Remember Lesnar v. Mir 2 at UFC 100? Biggest ppv the UFC ever did.....And then when they tried to put together a rubber match, it was met with the same exact negativity but they were thinking hey we made a killing at UFC 100 let's try to outdo that shit!

Mik
March 22nd, 2016, 2:25 PM
Remember how lesnar vs Mir 2 made so much more money than lesnar vs Mir 1?...

Nash Diesel
March 22nd, 2016, 2:36 PM
Remember how lesnar vs Mir 2 made so much more money than lesnar vs Mir 1?...

Remember how Mir v. Lesnar 2 wasn't an immediate rematch?

Mik
March 22nd, 2016, 2:45 PM
I really don't think that factor will be as important as you think it is. Everyone will be pissed now, but everyone will buy the ppv. It'll be massive.

Nash Diesel
March 22nd, 2016, 2:58 PM
I really don't think that factor will be as important as you think it is. Everyone will be pissed now, but everyone will buy the ppv. It'll be massive.

The card will be stacked regardless so I don't doubt that this event will sell out and have a great buyrate. The issue is that A-Conor is a champion, he needs to defend the title especially when a clear cut challenger is sitting on his ass being jerked around by the UFC and B-Nobody wants to see it. Who is going "Oh fuck yeah man can't wait to see this immediate rematch between these 2, it'll be even better than the last time!!" Again what's the draw? Conor wasn't some 170 killer champion who was snuffed out by Nate Diaz.

Fanny Batter
March 22nd, 2016, 3:33 PM
Plus with New York seemingly getting cleared today, guaranteeing Frankie a title shot in The Garden might appease him. I would prefer it at 200 being a big Frankie fan but Conor/Nate was such an electric overall package that I can't complain if we get more of that. Plus it's a majorly risky fight, he'd be the favourite against Edgar but Nate has shown he can beat him on the feet and ground.

Nash Diesel
March 22nd, 2016, 3:43 PM
Plus with New York seemingly getting cleared today, guaranteeing Frankie a title shot in The Garden might appease him. I would prefer it at 200 being a big Frankie fan but Conor/Nate was such an electric overall package that I can't complain if we get more of that. Plus it's a majorly risky fight, he'd be the favourite against Edgar but Nate has shown he can beat him on the feet and ground.

I think Conor/Nate was a once in a lifetime thing that can't be replicated this soon. And how long is Frankie going to have to wait for that title shot? If they don't strip McGregor, when will this fight happen? December? There's an agenda here. The UFC want Conor to get that win back, they will then grant him a shot at the 155 belt for winning a fight at 170 against someone who isn't even ranked at 170 and has only fought there once in the last 5 years. That's like granting RDA a title shot against Rockhold for beating Michael Bisping at 205. If Conor loses again, then what? Idk, just not feeling the rematch.

Eddie Brock
March 22nd, 2016, 7:30 PM
I'm sure there are fans out there who want to see the rematch but so far the general reception to this rematch has been extremely negative. What's the build? That a 145er moved up 2 weight classes and lost? So now he needs to redeem himself? And now Nate needs to prove he can beat a smaller man again? That's the build, and that's why the rumor has been met with negativity.

So I'm not sure if it will make even more money considering how the first fight went down. I think there was some mystique about the whole thing and now there is no mystique. Just a bunch of excuses is all it will come across as. McGregor hasn't fought at 170 before, McGregor didn't have a full training camp to prepare for Nate even though he made it crystal fucking clear he didn't need one and that he was always ready for any challenge. His arrogance and confidence puts him in a situation where he will come across as someone who the UFC is spoiling like a child. He talked mega shit and did well in that first round...but he still lost. The rematch is pointless, even from a financial point of view.

Honestly they could probably make way more money if they had McGregor defend the title. The ppv is already going to be huge, why not have McGregor v. Edgar? They're going to headline UFC 200 with a fight that made a shit ton of money but now has no real appeal. Remember Lesnar v. Mir 2 at UFC 100? Biggest ppv the UFC ever did.....And then when they tried to put together a rubber match, it was met with the same exact negativity but they were thinking hey we made a killing at UFC 100 let's try to outdo that shit!

It's simple. If McGregor fights guys that are bigger and heavier than him and loses the UFC can say their champion is a true warrior and went up in weight, and the train keeps rolling since they can still bill him as a champion even though he's not defending his belt.

Nash Diesel
March 23rd, 2016, 1:38 PM
So far the only fights we know of are supposedly going to be Cain V v. Travis Browne and Gegard v. Derek Brunson. Nate Diaz v. McGregor 2 will more than likely headline. I just read that Ariel Helwani has parted ways with Fox and supposedly it was due to him leaking the info about McGregor-Diaz 2. Idk. I know Dana hates him so maybe there was something to that.

Spedizzo
March 23rd, 2016, 4:15 PM
McGregor vs. Diaz 2
Ronda vs. Miesha
Valasquez vs. Travis Browne
Gegard vs. Derek Brunson

is the card, imo.

Nash Diesel
March 23rd, 2016, 4:22 PM
I think for UFC 200 they need to replicate UFC 100 and have an old timer v. a prospect fight like they did with Mark Coleman v. Stephan Bonnar on the undercard.

TheRockSays
March 23rd, 2016, 4:25 PM
McGregor vs. Diaz 2
Ronda vs. Miesha
Valasquez vs. Travis Browne
Gegard vs. Derek Brunson

is the card, imo.
I'll bet you a million pretend internet dollars Ronda doesn't fight till 4th quarter of 2016.

Nash Diesel
March 23rd, 2016, 4:31 PM
I'll bet you a million pretend internet dollars Ronda doesn't fight till 4th quarter of 2016.

lol. I'm curious to see what her next move is.

TheRockSays
March 24th, 2016, 3:32 PM
seriously though.... UFC is holding 145 hostage if they let Mcgregor fight Diaz again. Give Edgar the shot, he's earned it.

Nash Diesel
March 24th, 2016, 3:49 PM
If you read a shit ton of comments throughout social media, 99% are against the fight, the 1% are just giving the reason behind it and not even really supporting the idea. Almost everyone agrees that Edgar v. McGregor should be happening and should've happened instead of the RDA fight and the Diaz fight. In hindsight yeah, great buyrate, who's to say it wouldn't have been great if it were Edgar? Edgar killed Chad Mendes with ease, didn't break a sweat, deserves that title shot.

Mik
March 25th, 2016, 12:34 AM
Personally I think that defending your title for years, beating all your opposition (including Frankie Edgar) and having a fair claim to a fluke loss due to a one punch 13 second knockout in a time where Cain, Ronda, weirdman etc have all been offered immediate rematches means that if we are being fair, as in truly fair, then aldo deserves the rematch before Frankie.

Nash Diesel
March 25th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Personally I think that defending your title for years, beating all your opposition (including Frankie Edgar) and having a fair claim to a fluke loss due to a one punch 13 second knockout in a time where Cain, Ronda, weirdman etc have all been offered immediate rematches means that if we are being fair, as in truly fair, then aldo deserves the rematch before Frankie.

Hell yeah I agree with that for the most part. I think if the UFC weren't gifting rematches left and right it would've happened but these fuckers are giving title shots to people who lost decisively and weren't Fedor-level reigns. Aldo was undefeated for like 10 years. On the flipside I get why the UFC was hesitant, the guy has pulled out of 5 title fights and already pulled out of a fight with Conor once before after a shit ton of money was put into the promoting of the fight itself. But I definitely think that Aldo v. McGregor should've been booked. Not these other turd rematches.

Percussion
March 30th, 2016, 11:56 PM
So, the UFC have absolutely lost the fucking plot of promoting a real sport.

Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz in an immediate rematch of a fight that ended completely conclusively.

And on the same night that a title holder will fight in a non-title match (above), an interim title fight will be held in that weight class, because ... oh fuck off who cares, right?

I've always been hesitant to criticize matchmaking in UFC because it's not as easy a gig as most fans want to believe .. injuries, contracts, demands, money, camps, timing, etc. This though is a an outright shitshow display of integrity in sport. Fuckin real bummer of it is these are some good fights scheduled for this show, just the way they've gone about getting to this point has been a goddamn calamity that hangs a turdcloud over the whole of the event. Dare I say WWE writers could do better.

Fanny Batter
March 31st, 2016, 4:22 AM
You will still watch it. That's all that needs to be said really. The McGregor vs. Diaz dynamic gets people watching. It reminds me of Holyfield/Tyson, Evander comfortably beat Tyson and Lewis was the right match for the winner - yet they pull a record buyrate out of the rematch. Edgar or Aldo will get their shot (like Lewis eventually did), but Diaz puts bums on seats and in a sport that relies on the box office to sustain it's existence, you can't fault them for booking it.

Nash Diesel
March 31st, 2016, 9:54 AM
Just from reading the thousands of comments that are negative about the rematch even before yesterday it's hard to believe that if this wasn't going to be a huge card that the buyrate for the rematch would not be as astronomical as they are hoping. Lesnar was their biggest draw of all time, and a 3rd match with Mir no doubt would have produced a good buyrate, but nobody wanted to see it. Within days of the UFC throwing out the possibility of a rubber match, they went back on it. I think this show will have a solid buyrate but I don't think it'll be like the first Diaz-McGregor fight because what made that fight special, even on a 2 week build, will not be present here. There's no question who won that fight and even McGregor die hards are questioning the reasoning other than the obvious-McGregor calls the shots. Plain and simple. You know what card had a great buyrate? The McGregor-Aldo card. Do you know who didn't get an immediate rematch? Aldo. And now he's fighting for the interim 145 belt, which is fucking hilarious when Dana says WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW McGregor will defend his 145 belt in his next fight. So what's the point of having an interim title????

Percussion
March 31st, 2016, 10:57 AM
You will still watch it. That's all that needs to be said really. The McGregor vs. Diaz dynamic gets people watching. It reminds me of Holyfield/Tyson, Evander comfortably beat Tyson and Lewis was the right match for the winner - yet they pull a record buyrate out of the rematch. Edgar or Aldo will get their shot (like Lewis eventually did), but Diaz puts bums on seats and in a sport that relies on the box office to sustain it's existence, you can't fault them for booking it.

Sure I'll watch. Don't know why that's relevant, I'm a big fan. Also I mentioned that the fights themselves could be great action, ok. It's the charade of how these fights are lining up that looks like amateur hour. Just like I don't fault the booking of Edgar/Aldo, but what is a phony belt presentation for here really?

And really, comparing anything UFC does right now to the rout boxing took to castrate itself is hardly making Dana & co. look any better for this kind of silliness.

Nash Diesel
March 31st, 2016, 11:41 AM
That's exactly it, the charade. It's a double edged sword for me. On one hand, I'm a fight fan, and since my favorite fighter of all time is BJ Penn I can't really knock these kind of fights because that was one of the main reasons I gravitated toward BJ. A natural 155er moving up as far as fighting Machida weighing 225 and BJ weighing like 190 fat as fuck lol. And going the distance! Sure it wasn't the Machida that came to be but that's irrelevant. But on the other hand, I see things like this Diaz rematch and it's like, why? I said it before, they booked this because if McGregor wins they can act like the loss never happened. Does anyone truly believe that McGregor is going back to 145? If he was for his next fight, they wouldn't have created an interim title when the guy (Conor) would more than likely defend it by the end of the year in December and they've never created an interim title under these circumstances. This motherfucker isn't going back down to 145 especially if he wins. If you see GSP at UFC 200 and he's not fighting, expect Nate's comments about how McGregor was going to call out GSP to come to fruition.

And give props to the UFC. They told Aldo his next fight would be for a title, they told Edgar he was next in line to challenge for the 145 belt after McGregor-Aldo. They, in a fucked up way, lived up to their end of the deal lol.

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 12:07 PM
Massive Conor fan here but I'm disappointed with this card.

A Nate rematch is fine... but at 170 lbs again? Why?

And I've been wanting to see Aldo/Edgar 2 for years now. I think Frankie takes it in 2016 post-USADA... but this is a little lackluster for such an iconic card. Any other ppv and this main/co-main would be the shit. But I expected more for UFC 200. UFC 100 was insane on paper, this one not so much.

OD50
March 31st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Seems that it is McGregor himself being hell bent on 170, even his coach advised against it.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2016, 1:38 PM
This card is good, but for UFC 200 does seem a bit more odd/sports entertainment based.

Dana White has publicly stated that the co-main event has still not been announced, and this is AFTER McGregor/Diaz, Aldo/Edgar, and Velasquez/Browne have all been announced. Dana White has said that minds will be blown when the full card is announced. I am still skeptical.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2629069-white-on-ufc-200-fight-card-minds-will-be-blown-co-main-still-unannounced
For now, it is merely a guessing game as to what could slide into the co-main event slot ahead of the interim featherweight contest. Most of the championships are already in play and can likely be ruled out. Of those champions available to compete—Miesha Tate (bantamweight), Rafael dos Anjos (lightweight) and Robbie Lawler (middleweight)—the smart money would be on Lawler defending his welterweight title.

The UFC have confirmed that Aldo vs Edgar is not the co-main event so I would expect another big title fight to be announced soon.
— Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA) March 31, 2016

Can it be GSP vs. Robbie Lawler? :freak: That would be insane. It would also be insane if it took a backseat to McGregor/Diaz.

Other fights I wish were on the card, which obviously some can't be since fighters are fighting on the PPV before it, or a different opponent:

Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson
Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier
Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
Conor McGregor vs. Frankie Edgar
Nick Diaz vs. Michael Bisping
TJ Dillashaw vs. Uriah Faber
Uriah Faber vs. Dominick Cruz
Anthony Pettis vs. Tony Ferguson
Nate Diaz vs. Anthony Pettis
Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 2:01 PM
Oh snap. If Aldo/Edgar isn't even the co-main then this card still has potential to be super-stacked.

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 2:04 PM
I love GSP and would love to see him return but I don't want Lawler fighting anyone other than Condit next. I'm still salty over that decision.

Tate/Rousey 3... no thanks. Rousey would win again and another reign of terror would be a huge step in the wrong direction. Tate/Holly 2 or Holly/Rousey 2 would be ok though honestly I'd prefer Ronda just to fuck off to wrestling or straight-to-dvd movies.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2016, 2:07 PM
I agree, I don't want to see Rousey/Tate 3, but I don't think we have a choice... I kind of want to get it over with more than anything so hopefully Holly can end Ronda for good.

OD50
March 31st, 2016, 2:13 PM
So, this is the card so far?

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor
Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar (FW title)
Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne
Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Gegard Mousassi vs. Derek Brunson
Cat Zingano vs. Juliana Pena
Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon
Jim Miller vs. Takonori Gomi
Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marin

I have a feeling we get Miesha Tate defending her title as well, probably the HH rematch.

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 2:15 PM
Would be cool, I'm leaning towards RDA vs Alvarez.

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 2:16 PM
I agree, I don't want to see Rousey/Tate 3, but I don't think we have a choice... I kind of want to get it over with more than anything so hopefully Holly can end Ronda for good.

I still have hope that Holly already ended Ronda for good.

OD50
March 31st, 2016, 2:16 PM
I wish..

OD50
March 31st, 2016, 2:18 PM
Dana said we could expect 2-3 womens fights at this card.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2016, 2:23 PM
Dana White said that the co-main would blow our minds, and unless its Jose/Frankie (which they said it isn't), none of those really blow our minds

and it can't be a women's fight, because it isn't minds that they would blow

:naughty:

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 2:34 PM
Brock/Mir 3.

Nash Diesel
March 31st, 2016, 2:53 PM

This would be dope. I'm thinking that or Tate-Ronda 3.

I still have hope that Holly already ended Ronda for good.

I thought she did, until Tate won the belt and like the next day or so you have Ronda posting that image/video of her biting into an apple which apparently meant she's back in it to win it lol. Holm still champ "Naw I''m thinking about having babies and shit" Tate as champ "Ah babies and Roadhouse 2 can wait!" lol. Funny thing is, I think Tate might actually win ala Rampage-Wandy 3.

Mark Hammer
March 31st, 2016, 3:00 PM
Pretty shitty quality for someone who was at once considered "The greatest fighter of all time" (by JBL granted), preferring to quit over the idea of rematching a far superior fighter who handed you your ass the first time but all of a sudden dedicated when a much, much easier route back to the title presents itself.

If we do get Miesha/Rousey 3 I will desperately hope for a Rampage/Wand 3 scenario. But I won't hold my breath, Miesha matches up perfectly for Rousey and even vs Holm didn't look all that great. She never really looks that good in victory tbh, relying far more on her grittiness and ability to take a punch than her skill.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2016, 3:15 PM
once in a lifetime athlete?

once ever?

Fanny Batter
March 31st, 2016, 3:16 PM
I think they'll go for Lawler defending his title. He's THE action fighter. RDA will defend against the Ferguson/Khabib winner on the July FOX I reckon. Or maybe Alvarez. The first women's fight looks like it will be Zingano vs. Pena.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2016, 3:19 PM
Ronda is tough, but she is a a very good judoka who has destroyed a very crappy women's division

The Holly fight showed that when she can't simply throw people to the ground and armbar them, or knock out part-time moms in 1 round and has to face adversity, she starts to look like a real amateur

Nash Diesel
April 1st, 2016, 10:32 AM
Ronda is tough, but she is a a very good judoka who has destroyed a very crappy women's division

The Holly fight showed that when she can't simply throw people to the ground and armbar them, or knock out part-time moms in 1 round and has to face adversity, she starts to look like a real amateur

I don't think the division is "crappy". It's better than it was 10 years ago. It's better than when Gina Carano was paving the way.

The Holly fight showed that you can't get soaked up in all the hype and not train properly. There's nothing amateur about Ronda Rousey other than her stand up and even then I would say that it's just a little subpar especially when people compare to someone who was a pro boxer who has been training for almost 20 years. Again, it was her getting caught up in the hype, her trainer and Dana White saying stupid shit, even fans saying stupid shit like she could take out all these boxers and heavyweights lol. The Holly fight was a wake up call imo and I think she's going to come back with a vengeance because of how much shit people have been throwing her way about that 1 loss. Remember, she dominated EVERYONE, including the current champ, before this loss.

Say what you want like "part time moms" and "they only got into the sport because they offered a kickboxing class at the local gym" shit like that but oh well, there isn't a definitive path for fighters to take. I see no issues with someone being a mom or a former accountant, Rich Franklin was a former math teacher who taught school during the day then went and fought that night.

Mik
April 1st, 2016, 6:56 PM
Ronda's striking isn't subpar. Holm's is way above average, ronda's is not as good as hers. The par is very low in that division. That's probably the worst striking division in all of ufc MMA.

Mark Hammer
April 2nd, 2016, 1:17 AM
Ronda's striking is subpar, in fact her boxing is downright laughable. Some of the worst shadowboxing I've ever seen not to mention non-existent footwork and head movement. The extent of her striking prowess is plodding forward awkwardly while throwing strikes to set up a clinch.

Mik
April 2nd, 2016, 4:58 AM
If you took all the women in that division and averaged out their striking, you'd get the par. Ronda is not below average striking for that division and shown by the fact that she out struck some title contenders. However, her striking is shit.

Mik
April 7th, 2016, 6:00 AM
Tate vs Nunes set for UFC 200.

Fanny Batter
April 7th, 2016, 6:53 AM
Hope it's an addition, and not instead of Lawler or RDA defending their titles, or even Cormier/Jones. Already 3 five rounders though so wouldn't surprise me if that's the co-main. And that would be disappointing.

Nash Diesel
April 7th, 2016, 9:39 AM
When was the last time they had 3 title fights on a UFC event? I know we've seen 2 title fights quite a few times over the years but 3? If they add another title fight that would be 4 five round fights counting the McGregor-Diaz fight and while I don't think every one of them would go the distance, I wouldn't be shocked if Tate-Nunes and Aldo-Edgar went the full 5. Unless they make the main card a 4 hour show they're only going to have 4 fights on the main card.

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Tate vs. Nunes

:zzz:

Nash Diesel
April 7th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Tate vs. Nunes

:zzz:

I dig it. You have Nunes, one of the few fighters in the top 10 who weren't rinsed by Ronda. In an era where rematches are turning into the norm, I'm down for this. Should be a battle!

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah.... I just had higher hopes ala a GSP return, or Condit/Lawler 2.

And Dana White said the co-main event wasn't announced prior to this match and that when it is announced, our minds will be blown.

Should Miesha/Nunes really earn a co-main event spot over Edgar/Aldo interim title match? I certainly do not think so.

Mik
April 7th, 2016, 1:33 PM
Dana White lies.

Nash Diesel
April 7th, 2016, 1:57 PM
There's a lot wrong with this card. The main event shouldn't be even happening. Aldo-Edgar shouldn't be an interim title fight unless it's a way to guarantee DW doesn't try to fuck one of them with a fight against McGregor. Tate-Nunes is actually a good fight, maybe not co-main event for UFC 200 good but good enough to be on the card for sure.

Fanny Batter
April 7th, 2016, 3:02 PM
I'm wondering if they'll just have the main card be 4 five rounders? Max cage time at 100 minutes instead of 85, but with one less hype package. Some of the double title shows have a max of 95 so it wouldn't be an issue. Then have the main prelims on big FOX if they can.

PPV:

McGregor vs.Diaz 2
Lawler vs. Condit 2
Tate vs. Nunes
Aldo vs. Edgar 2

FOX:

Velasquez vs. Browne
Mousasi vs. Brunson
Hendricks vs. Gastelum
Pena vs. Zingano

Fight Pass:

Lauzon vs. Sanchez
Miller vs. Gomi
Northcutt vs. Marin

Mark Hammer
April 7th, 2016, 4:03 PM
I dig it. You have Nunes, one of the few fighters in the top 10 who weren't rinsed by Ronda. In an era where rematches are turning into the norm, I'm down for this. Should be a battle!

Tate vs Nunes is a good fight to make for the WBW division.

However UFC 200 is not the place. I'm mildly disappointed to hear one of the last main card slots is going to that fight.

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 4:09 PM
Exactly my feelings

Good fight..... but not a good UFC 200 fight when Dana White and co. were hyping this mystery fight

But it is what it is

Maybe we will get a Miesha Tate nip slip?

Mark Hammer
April 7th, 2016, 4:10 PM
Exactly my feelings

Good fight..... but not a good UFC 200 fight when Dana White and co. were hyping this mystery fight

But it is what it is

Maybe we will get a Miesha Tate nip slip?

In fairness my mind is blown that Dana thought our minds would be blown with a Miesha/Nunes co-main.

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 4:14 PM
Maybe he thought the fact that we are getting a Conor fight and 2 title fights (although a woman's title fight and a interim title fight when there shouldn't be an interim title is the epitome of half assing it) would blow our minds? And Cain is fighting too, which I keep forgetting. That should be a good fight, or Cain will just toss Browne around for 3 rounds...

or maybe it worked as you described. your mind is blown at the idea that he said your mind would be blown at the thought of a Miesha/Nunes co-main being added to UFC 200.

Nash Diesel
April 7th, 2016, 4:18 PM
Part of me thinks the fight Dana wanted to put on the card fell through. Again I'm a mark for women's MMA, I love it, always have ever since I saw women fighting in Bodog years back. But even a Tate super fan has to be thinking that this wasn't the fight DW was talking about. Again, love WMMA, love Tate, Nunes is a badass, but it's kind of a letdown for UFC 200. But you know what, could be FOTN, Tate's last 2 fights were pretty damn entertaining, honestly it's rare for her to have a "bad" fight.

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 4:18 PM
this is the most stacked but shit card ever

Diaz vs. Conor 2 - The most unnecessary rematch in the history of the UFC at a ridiculous fucking weight class, but yes it will be cool to see. And it is taking priority over 2 title matches on the card!!

Frankie vs. Aldo 2 - A rematch for an interim title when there shouldn't be an interim title because the guy who is the champ is fighting on the same card and should be defending his title but is instead fighting in a rematch where he lost the original match handily and the rematch is 2 weight classes above his champion weight.

Miesha vs. Nunes - The moneyfight is Miesha vs. Ronda Lousey or Miesha vs. Holm, but we get Nunes. A good fight for a Fight Night main event but for UFC 200 when everyone was expecting Lawler vs. Condit 2, or a GSP return, this is pretty disappointing.

Cain vs. Browne - Same as above. On paper it looks cool because you have Cain who is a big name... but this is a Fight Night card thrown on a Wrestlemania type card.

Mark Hammer
April 7th, 2016, 4:19 PM
Surely the interim title fight isn't actually being counted as a title fight? For the purpose of discussion it does mean three five round fights but "double title fight" is sugarcoating it.

Frankie kinda got screwed; here he is fighting in the title fight that's not really a title fight when he should be main eventing (probably co-main eventing honestly) alongside Conor.

Spedizzo
April 7th, 2016, 4:22 PM
I am sure they will hype it as 2 title fights, Conor vs. Diaz 2, and Cain Velasquez makes his return

Mark Hammer
April 7th, 2016, 9:11 PM
Reports are saying that Tate was offered a Holm rematch for UFC 200 but she turned it down picking Amanda Nunes instead. If this is true then I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for Miesha and I hope Nunes rinses her.

Mik
April 8th, 2016, 5:26 AM
I've read that the ufc didn't want hold to have the rematch because they want rousey to be able to beat Tate as soon as she's ready and get the title back.

Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about, UFC 200 is fucking stacked, great fights. It just isn't what Dana promised, but don't believe his lies in the first place.

Nash Diesel
April 8th, 2016, 9:33 AM
Reports are saying that Tate was offered a Holm rematch for UFC 200 but she turned it down picking Amanda Nunes instead. If this is true then I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for Miesha and I hope Nunes rinses her.

Why should Holm get an immediate rematch? Honest question. Fuck these immediate rematches. Holly Holm had one good win on her record, we're not talking Rousey here who had demolished the entire top 10 for 4-5 years before finally losing a #7 ranked sacrificial lamb gone bad type fighter lol. Nunes is on a 3 fight winning streak, hasn't been streamrolled by Rousey like everyone else, it's a fresh match up.

Honestly I'm glad she turned it down because again, what has Holm done to warrant a rematch already?

Just read the piece on Sherdog about it and it seems like we're getting some "he said she said" shit between Holm's manager and Tate and her people. Tate saying Holm was never offered, that Nunes the top option, and Tate said the same exact thing myself and many others are saying....Holm lost her first title defense, she was put to sleep, she hasn't earned an immediate rematch even if it was an option.

Mik
April 8th, 2016, 10:19 AM
It really doesnt matter though. If Tate loses against Nunes you know 100% that she will want a rematch. Thats just the nature of the beast, its nonsense putting any stock in it.

Nash Diesel
April 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
It really doesnt matter though. If Tate loses against Nunes you know 100% that she will want a rematch. Thats just the nature of the beast, its nonsense putting any stock in it.

What doesn't matter? That Holm wanted a rematch, that Tate apparently turned down the rematch in favor of a "weaker" opponent (Holm's managers words not mine), all of it? lol.

Mik
April 8th, 2016, 10:31 AM
All of it.

Nash Diesel
April 8th, 2016, 11:34 AM
All of it.

lol.

Mark Hammer
April 9th, 2016, 1:37 AM
Why should Holm get an immediate rematch? Honest question. Fuck these immediate rematches. Holly Holm had one good win on her record, we're not talking Rousey here who had demolished the entire top 10 for 4-5 years before finally losing a #7 ranked sacrificial lamb gone bad type fighter lol. Nunes is on a 3 fight winning streak, hasn't been streamrolled by Rousey like everyone else, it's a fresh match up.

Well that's not really the point. Holly could have easily held out until fat Rousey came back but instead she gave Miesha a shot. And was beating Miesha for most of their fight. Whether she deserved an immediate rematch is debatable but she certainly deserves it more than Rousey does at this moment, and that seems to be the direction they are headed unfortunately. I read that they offered Holm Cyborg and Holly turned it down. Doesn't surprise me at all that want to keep Holly's hands full with someone else.

Honestly I'm glad she turned it down because again, what has Holm done to warrant a rematch already?

Again, not the point. Miesha didn't turn her down "because Holly didn't deserve it".

Out of curiosity would you have a problem if this were Miesha/Ronda 3 instead?

Nash Diesel
April 11th, 2016, 2:17 PM
Well that's not really the point. Holly could have easily held out until fat Rousey came back but instead she gave Miesha a shot. And was beating Miesha for most of their fight. Whether she deserved an immediate rematch is debatable but she certainly deserves it more than Rousey does at this moment, and that seems to be the direction they are headed unfortunately. I read that they offered Holm Cyborg and Holly turned it down. Doesn't surprise me at all that want to keep Holly's hands full with someone else.

Again, not the point. Miesha didn't turn her down "because Holly didn't deserve it".

Out of curiosity would you have a problem if this were Miesha/Ronda 3 instead?

So why is Tate turning down a fight against Holm but accepting a fight with someone on a winning streak leading you to lose respect for Tate?

I would have honestly laughed if they did Tate-Rousey 3 because when Holm was the champ it was "Oh Ronda won't be ready till after UFC 200" and then when Tate won it was, oh Ronda is ready to rock watch her bite this apple! lol.

Mark Hammer
April 11th, 2016, 6:24 PM
Because she's taking a much easier fight, and considering everybody wanted Holm to hold out for Rousey but she gave Miesha an opportunity instead, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Spedizzo
April 12th, 2016, 9:03 AM
I do feel bad for Holly. Just read an interview where she said she doesn't think it is fair that McGregor gets a rematch even though she feels he was less competitive than she was. Plus, she gave Miesha a title shot when she could have sat out (like you said) against Ronda.

Makes me dislike Miesha if Miesha really declined the Holly fight.

Amanda Nunes is a much easier fight on paper and everyone knows it.

Nash Diesel
April 12th, 2016, 9:41 AM
Because she's taking a much easier fight, and considering everybody wanted Holm to hold out for Rousey but she gave Miesha an opportunity instead, it just doesn't sit well with me.

So Tate should give Holm a rematch simply because Holm didn't want to sit out and wait for Ronda so the UFC gave her a fight with Tate, the original #1 contender? Holm already got her opportunity when she went from being ranked #7 to taking Tate's title shot just because Ronda's sugar daddy didn't want to do another Tate fight.....Tate doesn't owe Holm anything.

Easier fight? Based on what?

I do feel bad for Holly. Just read an interview where she said she doesn't think it is fair that McGregor gets a rematch even though she feels he was less competitive than she was. Plus, she gave Miesha a title shot when she could have sat out (like you said) against Ronda.

Makes me dislike Miesha if Miesha really declined the Holly fight.

Amanda Nunes is a much easier fight on paper and everyone knows it.

Again, Tate doesn't owe Holm anything. Holm leapfrogged her to get a title shot against Ronda, her 1 decent win in her entire MMA career. I guess for me I'm just sick and tired of instant rematches...especially if you're a champion who lost their first title defense and prior to winning the title you were ranked #7 and had zero big wins under your belt. Gifted a title shot because Dana White was running out of challengers for his girl to run through. Funny thing is, Nunes was ranked higher than Holm before the Ronda fight if you can believe that.

This isn't pro wrestling where you put someone over and they should return the favor lol. Tate won, she put Holm to sleep, there's no need for an immediate rematch for a champion who couldn't even defend her title one time.

Mark Hammer
April 12th, 2016, 9:58 AM
So Tate should give Holm a rematch simply because Holm didn't want to sit out and wait for Ronda so the UFC gave her a fight with Tate, the original #1 contender? Holm already got her opportunity when she went from being ranked #7 to taking Tate's title shot just because Ronda's sugar daddy didn't want to do another Tate fight.....Tate doesn't owe Holm anything.

Easier fight? Based on what?

She should give Holm a rematch because it's the decent thing to do. Not sure why you're making this so difficult.

And yes, Amanda Nunes is an easier opponent than Holly Holm.

Also Holly "leapfrogged" Miesha because Ronda had already rinsed her twice and there was/is next to zero interest whatsoever in a third fight. Can't really knock on Holly's resume getting the shot either considering what she did to Rousey. Tate looked like shit vs Holly, for the record. I imagine Holly would be a decent favorite going into a rematch, plenty of good reason for a rematch.

Nash Diesel
April 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
She should give Holm a rematch because it's the decent thing to do. Not sure why you're making this so difficult.

And yes, Amanda Nunes is an easier opponent than Holly Holm.

Why is it the decent thing to do? I guess what I should have asked is what is your stance on instant rematches? Should every former champion get an automatic rematch like they do in the WWE? Is every situation different (I'd like to think so)?

With Holm it goes like this. I get that the only reason people want to see Holm or Rousey fight Tate is so they can win and do a rematch for Holm-Rousey 2. But I also feel that Holm should have to work for it. Ronda, she demolished the division and in that situation I could understand if she got an immediate rematch, I really do. Holm, she couldn't even defend her title one time. I honestly don't care how competitive it was, that's irrelevant when you get finished. Split decision win or controversial finish, sure. That would make sense. That wasn't the case though.

When you say, the decent thing Tate should have done is give Holm a rematch but the reason you think that is because Holm-who doesn't get to pick and choose who she fights just like Tate doesn't-didn't want to wait 8-9 months and so DW and co. had her put the belt on the line against the person they stole the title shot against Rousey from in the first place. So really they're square. Holm got Tate's promised title shot, Tate got her title shot eventually, now it's time for some fresh matches. I'm so fucking sick of rematches that have no rhyme or reason.

So really for me the difficult part is trying to understand why the decent thing is for Tate to give Holm a rematch when in all actuality Holm should have never been given a fight with Rousey in the first place. No top 10 wins, no finishes in the UFC, and then on top of it she wins and can't even defend her title once. Holm is a good fighter, but so is Nunes. They have no common opponents, they've never fought, hard to justify saying Nunes is an easier fighter is pretty ballsy.

OD50
April 12th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Team Tate says the UFC offered her Nunes while the Holm rematch was never even on the table. So, there.

Nash Diesel
April 12th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Team Tate says the UFC offered her Nunes while the Holm rematch was never even on the table. So, there.

Yep, glad I wasn't the only one who read that the other day. Shit I even posted it in this thread after Hammer commented about what Holm's manager said in an interview. I could even see it being a situation where the UFC offered her either Nunes or Holm and Tate went with someone she hasn't fought and/or defeated. That's the thing.

OD50
April 12th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Miesha doesn't strike me as someone who's ducking opponents, she has that rare anyone, anytime mentality and bigger balls than 99% of the male UFC roster.

I bet Cupcake would fight Cyborg at 140 if offered the fight, unlike some other UFC girls..

Nash Diesel
April 12th, 2016, 1:03 PM
Miesha doesn't strike me as someone who's ducking opponents, she has that rare anyone, anytime mentality and bigger balls than 99% of the male UFC roster.

I bet Cupcake would fight Cyborg at 140 if offered the fight, unlike some other UFC girls..

Exactly. She was the first one to my knowledge to step up and say shit if Cyborg wants to fight in the UFC I'll fight her. That's why I'm a little shocked people are like "She should do the decent thing" What is the decent thing to do? Give Holm a rematch just because Holm almost might have won the fight? For me it simply comes down to I'm sick of immediate rematches without justified reasoning. McGregor/Diaz? No point. Tate/Holm? No point. No realistic point I should say because the "point" is simply to go WWE-style and navigate future fights for maximum increase in funds. So hold down an entire division or 3 just so Rousey and McGregor can get back to being advertised as the most incredible human beings in the world. lol.

I like Holm, she's talented, but she or her manager, whoever, they need to realize that just because McGregor got a rematch doesn't make it right. That fight getting signed is a bitch slap in the face to the SPORT of MMA. To the point where they're having a fucking interim 145 title fight on the same card 3 fights under the champion of the division's freakshow 170 rematch lol. It's absurd.

Percussion
April 24th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier rematch penciled in to headline UFC 200 (http://www.sportingnews.com/mma-news/4703120-jon-jones-daniel-cormier-rematch-ufc-200-conor-mcgregor-dana-white)

A rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier will headline UFC 200 at the brand new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on July 9 if both fighters are healthy, UFC president Dana White told ESPN’s Brett Okamoto.

Jones was supposed to fight Cormier last night, but Cormier pulled out of the event with a lower leg injury. Cormier is scheduled for an MRI on Monday.

Jones, meanwhile, was in a wheelchair after last night’s bout against Saint Preux, dealing with a bruised left shin and sore feet.

Not sure the odds on both getting cleared, but pretty legit headliner if so.

Eddie Brock
April 25th, 2016, 11:40 AM
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/724474735912968192

Who didn't see this coming? If true, guess the UFC weren't confident in Jones draw/impressed with the OSP performance. Bet Sherdog is a glorious place right about now. It was a PR stunt which I wouldn't be surprised if Dana was in on.

Nash Diesel
April 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah just read that. I don't think it had anything to do with Jones. More than likely they (UFC) were trying to save face by publicly announcing McGregor was off the card but they were still trying to work things out so they didn't truly have to pull him. If you start seeing McGregor at these pressers and the commercial comes out then we know that the UFC didn't truly buckle and they were able to work something out where this guy could be part of the promotion of 200 somehow.

MikeHunt
April 25th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Of course it was partly a pr stunt. There's absolutely no way that it at least partially was. I honestly think it's a negative pr stunt for UFC and Conor as they all look petty and childish. Poor show.

Nash Diesel
April 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Of course it was partly a pr stunt. There's absolutely no way that it at least partially was. I honestly think it's a negative pr stunt for UFC and Conor as they all look petty and childish. Poor show.

Yeah I haven't really seen anything positive come from this in terms of fan reception. Seems like it just added more negativity toward a fight that many didn't want to see go down in the first place. For me it's like fuck, wish it wasn't, the idea of seeing the return of GSP or Jones-Cormier 2 was a million times more intriguing than McGregor/Diaz 2.

Beer-Belly
April 25th, 2016, 1:06 PM
DANA WHITE
CONOR MCGREGOR IS WRONG
... Fight Is Still Off!!!

Conor McGregor has NOT been added back to the UFC fight card ... this according to UFC honcho Dana White.

TMZ Sports spoke to White this morning ... who tells us, "It's not true. We haven't talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don't know why he would tweet that."
He adds, "All the media keeps asking me that. I feel like the scene in 'Step Brothers' when they ask if they can build the bunk beds. I don't know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it's off."

TRANSLATION -- THE FIGHT IS OFF!!!!

McGregor caused a firestorm Monday morning by tweeting, "Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200! Shout out to @danawhite and @lorenzofertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect"

https://www.tmz.com/2016/04/25/conor-mcgregor-dana-white-ufc-200-fight/

What the fuck is Conor doing?

Nash Diesel
April 25th, 2016, 1:35 PM
lol. He's probably stirring the pot. Maybe he thinks if he tweets something that isn't true he'll force the UFC's hand. Is the build for UFC 200 going to be "Is Conor actually going to fight or not?" like some WWE shit?

Beer-Belly
April 25th, 2016, 1:47 PM
I'd imagine that's close to what he's thinking. I think it's funny, honestly.

Nash Diesel
April 25th, 2016, 2:01 PM
It is, it really is. I feel for Conor, he really really really wants that win back and I don't blame him because he was banking on being this unbeatable guy that backed up every over the top comment he made about his opponents and this one time he didn't it's like his whole world came crashing down and he can't get over it. At least guys like Chael and Tito, if they lost, oh well, on to the next.

Clutch
April 27th, 2016, 7:49 AM
I wonder if we'll see an 'about-face' by UFC brass to allow McGregor to fight at UFC200, now that Jones faces 6 month medical suspension

Spedizzo
April 27th, 2016, 8:27 AM
Does this 6 month suspension mean Jones can't fight on the NY card (in Nov I believe)? I ask because I thought it meant you can't participate in a training camp or spar.

Spedizzo
April 27th, 2016, 8:30 AM
At this point I am starting to think that Dana and friends will leave the UFC 200 card as is.

Pablo Diablo
April 27th, 2016, 9:13 AM
Then there's this

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15411936/jon-jones-face-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-replacing-conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz

I'm really confused now.

Nash Diesel
April 27th, 2016, 9:43 AM
They both must have been cleared. DC on Monday, Jones either yesterday or this morning. But yeah it's official I just haven't read anything beyond the headlines after googling it. That's awesome, can't wait to see Jones put a beating on Cormier!

Hero!
April 27th, 2016, 9:56 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13102745_896535283790017_1213047378797043189_n.jpg ?oh=06b824ad050288676ca4336e617f35ac&oe=57BE6361

Beer-Belly
April 27th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I'm shocked that Conor didn't want to take part in goofy horse shit like this:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/725294730687352832

Nash Diesel
April 27th, 2016, 11:11 AM
lol. On one hand it's dumb as hell but on the other that's just how it is. You don't think other sports are on Good Morning America doing even dumber shit? The bigger the sport, the dumber the segment, trust me lol. PVZ and Tate look like I might need to rub one out here in about 5 mins.

Eddie Brock
April 27th, 2016, 9:10 PM
I rather see McGregor fight Dos Anjos for the belt than a meaningless rematch where the outcome may most likely be the same. Still think it's funny the UFC portraying this as this fierce rivalry or whatever when Jones completely dominated Cormier already. Is Jones-Teixeira a fierce rivalry too? Jones has turned into a decision machine as he faces better competition. The takeaway from that is while he's dominant Jones isn't on another level. But seeing DC get shut down should be fun.

Percussion
April 27th, 2016, 11:35 PM
I rather see McGregor fight Dos Anjos for the belt than a meaningless rematch where the outcome may most likely be the same. Still think it's funny the UFC portraying this as this fierce rivalry or whatever when Jones completely dominated Cormier already. Is Jones-Teixeira a fierce rivalry too? Jones has turned into a decision machine as he faces better competition. The takeaway from that is while he's dominant Jones isn't on another level. But seeing DC get shut down should be fun.

So was Georges St. Pierre not on another level?

Mark Hammer
April 27th, 2016, 11:57 PM
I don't want to waste too much effort on this but the notion that Jones isn't on another level from the rest of his division just because his last few fights have gone the (dominant outside of the Gus fight) distance is laughable. He made an undefeated Olympic medalist wrestler look like he had never set foot on a wrestling mat.

Beer-Belly
April 28th, 2016, 12:03 AM
I just can't stand Jones' "everything happens for a reason" bullshit. Yes, Jon, you getting coked out of your gourd and plowing into a pregnant woman was totally worth it so you could make a triumphant return.

Mark Hammer
April 28th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Looking past his personal inadequacies he is the greatest fighter of all time and I can't respect not respecting that. I'm pretty sure any of us would make a mistake or two if we had the world at our fingertips in our early 20s.

Beer-Belly
April 28th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Yeah, he probably is the greatest fighter of all time. I certainly have fun rooting against him.

Percussion
April 28th, 2016, 1:59 AM
I just can't stand Jones' "everything happens for a reason" bullshit. Yes, Jon, you getting coked out of your gourd and plowing into a pregnant woman was totally worth it so you could make a triumphant return.

I can't stand any time anyone uses that phrase. It's phony as fuck. It's phony as Jon Jones. Go figure.

Mark Hammer
April 28th, 2016, 2:00 AM
Not quite as phony as DC though.

Percussion
April 28th, 2016, 2:09 AM
I disagree, but ok.

Spedizzo
April 28th, 2016, 9:51 AM
Jon Jones is the greatest MMA fighter the UFC has ever seen

Can he be beaten? yes, anyone can

but from what we have seen so far, he is hands down the best

when he was coming up the ranks I had a hard time admitting he would beat guys like Anderson Silva and whatnot, but lets be real, even in his prime, Jon Jones would rag doll Anderson Silva

I think in that Gus fight Jon Jones didn't train like he should have, was probably coming off a coke binge, and was just in shit shape. Plus Gus fought a hell of a fight

Jones looked like crap in his fight against OSP, but he still beat the crap out of OSP for 5 rounds. And this is a Jon Jones who said he fought a very careful fight, and was coming off a layoff of a year and a half after having distractions, drug binges, arrests - you name it

Jon Jones is #1 P4P and I don't like the guy

I was there in Newark when he beat Shogun's ass. I was the jerk off guy in the crowd who was telling everyone how good Shogun was in Pride and how he was going to submit Jon Jones because Jones hasn't been tested in his ground game/BJJ yet

well we all saw how that went

Spedizzo
April 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM
you have to also realize as fighters get to a level like GSP/Jones/etc they fight a lot more careful and tactical which leads to decisions. Jon Jones isn't flying around the ring like he used to in his first fights to the top throwing crazy flying knees and spinning elbows and shit as much as he used to.

Jon Jones picks his opponents apart piece by piece and just wears out the fuck out of them until they are nothing but a corpse after 5 rounds. Whether it goes to decision or not is irrelevant

Nash Diesel
April 28th, 2016, 1:06 PM
The thing is, and I used to say this about GSP all the time, Jones, GSP, they go the full distance usually because they're fighting the elite and nobody else is finishing these guys either. Gus, Cormier, Glover, Rashad, Rampage, these aren't guys who get finished all the time-if at all. The fact Jones makes them look like beginners is why people hold him in such high regard. There's 205, and there's Jon Jones. Just like there was 170, and then there was GSP. Or there was 185, and then there was Anderson. Rousey, same thing, everyone else in her division looked competitive against each other until they fought her. That's why nobody gave Holm a chance, or Weidman a chance, or Gus a realistic chance outside of "Well they have a puncher's chance" or "Silva's ground is suspect". These people walked in heavy favorites and there is a reason why.

With Jones, eventually he'll lose, it's MMA, even Fedor lost.

Nash Diesel
April 28th, 2016, 4:09 PM
So DW is saying they're not done adding fights, which is insane. I mean the main card has 3 title fights, plus Cain V v. Travis Browne, that's stellar right there. Hendricks/Gastelum probably won't make the main card due to the UFC probably not wanting to chance going over the ppv time. 3 5 round fights, all 3 have serious potential of going the distance, that's probably 2 hours right there.

TheRockSays
April 28th, 2016, 4:27 PM
I really like DC, and i really dislike Jones as people.... but i just don't see DC having any semblance of a shot here. Rumble is the only fighter i think has a legit chance of dethroning Bones.

Mark Hammer
April 28th, 2016, 5:41 PM
Well one of those fights will presumably be Nate Diaz vs someone. I read that they are discussing a new opponent for him at 200. How nice would Nate vs Barboza or Khabib or Ferguson be? Hell even Mike Chiesa. I'm sure they'll ink something out.

Mark Hammer
April 28th, 2016, 5:45 PM
I really like DC, and i really dislike Jones as people.... but i just don't see DC having any semblance of a shot here. Rumble is the only fighter i think has a legit chance of dethroning Bones.

Rumble's only chance is landing a bomb in the first couple of minutes. Jones is one of the smartest fighters in the game (fight IQ I mean, he's a bonehead irl) and I imagine he would be able to survive long enough for Rumble to gas and get wrestled/submitted like all of his previous losses.

That's not to say Rumble doesn't have that puncher's chance. He always does.

Mark Hammer
April 28th, 2016, 5:55 PM
So DW is saying they're not done adding fights, which is insane. I mean the main card has 3 title fights, plus Cain V v. Travis Browne, that's stellar right there. Hendricks/Gastelum probably won't make the main card due to the UFC probably not wanting to chance going over the ppv time. 3 5 round fights, all 3 have serious potential of going the distance, that's probably 2 hours right there.
It's a meh WBW title fight and an 'interim' which isn't a real title fight. Even if for whatever reason Conor vacates his belt (and why on earth would he do that unless he can no longer make weight) it'll be a new paper belt fought in a rematch involving a guy who got embarrassingly KTFO in his last showing. In fairness I've wanted to see this rematch since their first meeting but it doesn't carry the same title fight magnitude as last time.

It's a good card but a stretch to call it stellar considering how iconic and "historic" it is meant to be. Again if Nate gets a fight, and he should, the card gets a hell of a lot better.

Spedizzo
April 29th, 2016, 8:50 AM
I bought two UFC 200 tickets with a presale code.

Don't know whether I want to scalp them or make a trip out of it and fly out to Vegas (from NC).

Spedizzo
April 29th, 2016, 8:53 AM
I loved how Jon Jones kind of was like :wtf: when Dana referred to Daniel Cormier as the champ and JBJ as the interim champ at the Press Conference.

Nash Diesel
April 29th, 2016, 9:29 AM
Yeah the ONLY reason IMHO that they made the Jones-OSP fight is to secure OSP a spot against Cormier if he won. Otherwise, if OSP won and there was no interim title on the line, they could figure a way around giving him a shot.

Mark Hammer
April 29th, 2016, 2:08 PM
The only reason they made Jones/OSP was to prevent Mighty Mouse from headlining another ppv vs a relative unknown. Plus this was Jones' highly anticipated return and he needed an opponent. OSP stepped up and probably earned a pretty penny on top of his predictable 50-45 loss.

I guarantee it had nothing whatsoever to do with "guaranteeing OSP a shot". If he had been the first man to defeat Jon Jones he would have undeniably been next in line, fake belt or not.

Nash Diesel
April 29th, 2016, 2:23 PM
Well they were just about to have a ppv headlined with a non-title fight so I don't know if they would have made Jones-OSP the co-main event considering Jones is a way bigger draw than the entire 125 division combined, maybe even 135 added in there lol. That's just my opinion though. Why would they even do an interim title fight when apparently it doesn't matter if you're champion, or even in really in the division of the weight class you're fighting in can headline UFC 200.....I don't know if I'd trust Dana and co. to award OSP the title shot, again why did they need to create an interim? Your thought on it is definitely valid but I just don't fully agree with it.

Mark Hammer
April 29th, 2016, 2:29 PM
The interim belt was created for Jones, not OSP. Jones was a couple of weeks from regaining his (real) belt and DC backed out. I doubt Jones asked for an interim but if I was the fight promoter I'd offer it too, just to consolidate my returning star.

And while you have a valid reason not to trust Dana/Joe Silva's matchmaking who on earth could the have put OSP against following a victory over Jon Jones other than DC? Well actually OSP/Jones II wouldn't surprise me at this point but OSP holding a phony championship wouldn't have prevented that.

Nash Diesel
April 29th, 2016, 5:08 PM
The interim belt was created for Jones, not OSP. Jones was a couple of weeks from regaining his (real) belt and DC backed out. I doubt Jones asked for an interim but if I was the fight promoter I'd offer it too, just to consolidate my returning star.

And while you have a valid reason not to trust Dana/Joe Silva's matchmaking who on earth could the have put OSP against following a victory over Jon Jones other than DC? Well actually OSP/Jones II wouldn't surprise me at this point but OSP holding a phony championship wouldn't have prevented that.

That's really it, I just don't trust DW and his people. They would have figured out a way to get around giving OSP the title shot against Cormier just like they were able to figure out how to avoid giving Aldo or Edgar a title shot against McGregor when both guys clearly had an argument, especially Edgar.

OD50
May 5th, 2016, 5:03 AM
TJ Dillashaw/Raphael Assuncao II is possible for this card. Guess the winner fights Cruz/Faber for the BW title.

Nash Diesel
May 5th, 2016, 9:36 AM
TJ Dillashaw/Raphael Assuncao II is possible for this card. Guess the winner fights Cruz/Faber for the BW title.

Hell yeah.

I might be alone but I really really really hate the new Dominick Cruz. It was like all that time off he spent not only healing up but taking trash talk classes but it's such a bad act it makes me wish he never came back. I was watching I THINK the Condit-Lawler event on Fight Pass and there was a sit down between Cruz and Dillashaw and it was Dillashaw being cool and calm while Dom just kept BEGGING for banter like it fucking mattered lol.

Mark Hammer
May 5th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I love the "new" Dominick Cruz. One of the most brilliant minds in the fight game. So what if he talks trash? This is fight promotion and he always backs it up.

Similarly to Conor (well excluding his run-in with Nasty Nate). I'll never understand why people get angry at fighters for promoting their fights. Especially someone with a passion for pro wrestling; seems like they would be the first to understand the science behind trash talking an opponent before a ppv bout but that is apparently not the case.

Nash Diesel
May 5th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I love the "new" Dominick Cruz. One of the most brilliant minds in the fight game. So what if he talks trash? This is fight promotion and he always backs it up.

Similarly to Conor (well excluding his run-in with Nasty Nate). I'll never understand why people get angry at fighters for promoting their fights. Especially someone with a passion for pro wrestling; seems like they would be the first to understand the science behind trash talking an opponent before a ppv bout but that is apparently not the case.

This isn't pro wrestling. I like horror movies, does that mean that I should appreciate any film that involves someone getting killed?

With Cruz it's just so fake. He realized he wasn't getting the job done on talent alone so he thinks being a wannabe is going to help buyrates, which it won't because it's still Dominic Cruz. There's nothing wrong with promoting your fight but going above and beyond to sound fake as hell and be someone you're really not, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Cruz is fake, talented, but easily one of the fakest guys out there in the sport.

Yes, I am a pro wrestling fan, what that has to do with MMA I have no clue. Should I also like every WRESTLER that comes in because they might do a suplex? lol.

Fanny Batter
May 5th, 2016, 1:59 PM
Cruz has always been like this. That's who the guy is. It's not really trash talking either, it's mental warfare - if he can get TJ pissed and thus commit more to shots or fight more aggressively, it plays into his hands. It was a masterful display. What a guy.

Mark Hammer
May 5th, 2016, 2:18 PM
This isn't pro wrestling.

Exactly, it's combat sports and he's doing the same shit Muhammad Ali is revered for to this day.

Nash Diesel
May 5th, 2016, 3:52 PM
Cruz has always been like this. That's who the guy is. It's not really trash talking either, it's mental warfare - if he can get TJ pissed and thus commit more to shots or fight more aggressively, it plays into his hands. It was a masterful display. What a guy.

I don't remember him trying to be a Chael Sonnen wannabe. I do remember his early attempts though before he took a class on it, TUF Live where he was constantly getting clowned for sounding like an idiot.

Exactly, it's combat sports and he's doing the same shit Muhammad Ali is revered for to this day.

Cool.

Spedizzo
May 5th, 2016, 3:59 PM
I don't remember him trying to be a Chael Sonnen wannabe. I do remember his early attempts though before he took a class on it, TUF Live where he was constantly getting clowned for sounding like an idiot.

Cool.

Cruz really has always been like this... maybe you are only noticing it now. Go watch some of his interviews about Faber and whatnot from 4-5 whatever years ago. He always came off as an elitist cock who took little shots. Maybe you got used to Fox Sports 1 Analyst Cruz who justs analyzes Fight Night matches and is humble?

I used to hate it, but since he was gone for so long it made me miss him and I am now on the Cruz bandwagon. I especially liked when he beat T.J and in the postfight interview for no reason he said: "Kenny Florian, stop plagiarizing." :lol:

Nash Diesel
May 5th, 2016, 4:27 PM
Cruz really has always been like this... maybe you are only noticing it now. Go watch some of his interviews about Faber and whatnot from 4-5 whatever years ago. He always came off as an elitist cock who took little shots. Maybe you got used to Fox Sports 1 Analyst Cruz who justs analyzes Fight Night matches and is humble?

I used to hate it, but since he was gone for so long it made me miss him and I am now on the Cruz bandwagon. I especially liked when he beat T.J and in the postfight interview for no reason he said: "Kenny Florian, stop plagiarizing." :lol:

His "style" of trash talking was not the same as it is nowadays. At all. He would try his best, but would sound like a bumbling cry baby about Faber.

Mark Hammer
May 6th, 2016, 12:24 AM
He sounds arrogant as fuck but he always had the upper hand (during debates I mean) on TJ and Urijah most of the time as well. Coupled with the fact that he actually backs up his trash talk, which honestly amounts to nothing more than "I'm a better fighter than you", and that always turns out to be the truth.

Compare that to Sonnen's trash talk which was incredibly contrived and he lost all the damn time. Despite that fact that he juiced his balls off.

Beer-Belly
May 6th, 2016, 12:47 AM
This isn't pro wrestling. I like horror movies, does that mean that I should appreciate any film that involves someone getting killed?

With Cruz it's just so fake. He realized he wasn't getting the job done on talent alone so he thinks being a wannabe is going to help buyrates, which it won't because it's still Dominic Cruz. There's nothing wrong with promoting your fight but going above and beyond to sound fake as hell and be someone you're really not, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Cruz is fake, talented, but easily one of the fakest guys out there in the sport.

Yes, I am a pro wrestling fan, what that has to do with MMA I have no clue. Should I also like every WRESTLER that comes in because they might do a suplex? lol.

Drama sells fights.

Mark Hammer
May 6th, 2016, 2:16 AM
And it always has.

Nash Diesel
May 6th, 2016, 9:56 AM
Drama isn't the only thing that sells fights. You think Rousey v. Holm did 1.1 million buys because of what happened at the weigh ins the night before? They were handshaking and cordial all the way up until Ronda stepped off the scale. No way 500k people were like "Oh fuck I need to get this ppv now!!"" For me it just varies. How you present yourself, what you say, what you do. I'm not against trash talking, sometimes I root for these over the top types, sometimes I root against them depending on who they are and what they represent. Like I said about Cruz, go back and watch the Ultimate Fighter with him as a coach getting schooled by Urijah for his terrible trash talk that didn't even make sense. It was pitiful. Honestly he was never really a shit talker like he is today because A-he barely fought and B-it seemed like the only fighter he had beef with was Faber over something so fucking dumb.

Mik
May 7th, 2016, 6:34 AM
Apples and oranges. Ronda vs holly did that number because of Ronda. And Ronda developed that following based largely upon a career built on drama.

Nash Diesel
May 9th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Apples and oranges. Ronda vs holly did that number because of Ronda. And Ronda developed that following based largely upon a career built on drama.

I don't know if her following was build largely on drama because it seems maybe 90-95% of her fans are fans because of how dominant she is. She's really only had one rival, Tate. The Cyborg stuff isn't helping buyrates for Ronda against McMann or Holm or whoever. Like I said, even with Holly she was super cordial with her and vice versa until the last 5 seconds of the weigh ins and again, that show did 1.1 million buys because people want to see her do what she was doing up until that point. They're in amazement, even Joe Rogan was like "you're the greatest human being on Earth!"

Cruz is a manufactured shit talker. He will probably even admit that he spent more time on his trash talking than actually training during that time off lol. It's just so childish. Yeah he was a confident fighter prior to the explosion of Conor McGregor but he wouldn't try to work people into a trash talking match up because he fucking sucked and now he's just a try-hard hoping it'll actually make him a draw.

Spedizzo
May 9th, 2016, 1:52 PM
manufactured or not.. Cruz backs it up... he has always been arrogant... maybe he noticed during all his time off all these guys with a lesser skill set than him making more money than him because they talk more trash? I dont blame him for now trying to get on board with that

I think he is top 3 pound for pound

Nash Diesel
May 9th, 2016, 1:57 PM
Skill wise no doubt he's a great fighter, I just can't get behind a guy who literally screams "Please banter with me!!" It's lame. He might as well holler at people like Bec Rawlings and her gf Mangina for the crown of phony.

Fanny Batter
June 6th, 2016, 3:22 PM
Ignoring the Northcutt matchup, a fight that exists to get one of the more marketable young fighters in the game a high profile win, this is just the most absurd fight card of all time. Out of the other 22 fighters, you've got current World champions in Cormier and Tate, former World champions in Jones, Aldo, Edgar, Lesnar, Velasquez, Hendricks, Mousasi, Dillashaw and Gomi, former World title contenders in Sanchez, Zingano and Hunt, current title contender Nunes, TUF winners in Pena and Gastelum (as well as Dillashaw and Sanchez), a couple of chaps who have main evented big FOX shows in Browne and Miller, the guy with the longest unbeaten streak at bantamweight in Assauncao, the guy with the longest stoppage streak at middleweight right now in Brunson and the man in top 3 for post fight bonuses in Lauzon. And everybody but Lesnar and the Gomi/Miller and Diaz/Sanchez fights are ranked in the top 15. Ridiculous.

Seanny One Ball
June 6th, 2016, 3:30 PM
Sanchez/Lauzon. I don't see Diaz in there.

Fanny Batter
June 6th, 2016, 5:21 PM
Indeed. He's out of the UFC's pay bracket for this one! Has to be one of the closer cards on paper as well, particularly with Cormier having Velasquez available for sparring this time, and Rockhold coming on as a fighter since then should help him adjust to Jones kicking game in training too. Plus gaining the confidence of that 5 round war with Gustafsson and recovering from a knockdown against Johnson will have taught him more than Jones' cakewalk against OSP. Nunes can dig and Tate's been hurt before. The last Aldo/Edgar fight was tight and Edgar's adjusted to the weight since then. Lesnar vs. Hunt SHOULD be a Hunt KO but Brock has the wrestling and freaky athleticism to make it interesting. Browne, if he fights long, can beat Velasquez. Should be as legendary as 100.

Eddie Brock
June 6th, 2016, 5:50 PM
I think Lesnar can take Hunt down with ease. It's just a matter of whether or not he can get in without getting his bell rung. If he can do this, he can coast to victory on top. I don't see Hunt being able to get up without expending an enormous amount of energy. This won't be a BJJ trip he can defend with his hips. While there's a chance that Lesnar can phase Hunt standing, he can pummel him on the ground as many have done before him. Hunt is no Overeem or Velasquez. I give Lesnar a good shot at coming out with the W as long as he comes in shape.

Mark Hammer
June 6th, 2016, 10:43 PM
I think a TKO is more likely than a KO against Brock. Mark Hunt or not Brock's head is made of cement, he took how many prime Carwin bombs before coming back and winning? Not to mention surviving that botched SSP which would have killed/permanently paralyzed most men.

Clutch
June 6th, 2016, 11:47 PM
This card is fucking sick. The UFC will take my hard earned money on this date!

Spedizzo
June 7th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I am going to UFC 200

anyone else here going?

making a vacation out of it with the girlfriend

might go to the Expo and possibly Ultimate Fighter finale too (but probably not since none of the fights interest me)

Seanny One Ball
June 7th, 2016, 1:55 PM
dump the broad, take me

Donald
June 7th, 2016, 3:36 PM
dump both broads, take me.

Percussion
June 7th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Brock Lesnar granted waiver from four-month drug testing requirement (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar-granted-waiver-from-four-month-drug-testing-requirement-003253522.html)

On a similar note, wonder what he's weighing in at right now.

Spedizzo
June 8th, 2016, 8:07 AM
Pretty much because it's been so long since he retired (long before the new drug testing procedures) he is being treated as a new fighter as opposed to a fighter returning from retirement (which means he would be subjected to that 4 months and wouldn't be able to compete at UFC 200 since it is only a month away) within their "system" which is reasonable I guess.

Mark Hammer
June 8th, 2016, 6:18 PM
Brock is going to bring lots of eyes to a card that is as top-notch as it gets. It's only fair that they let him use steroids.

Clutch
June 8th, 2016, 10:26 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644998-ufc-grants-brock-lesnar-a-special-exemption-on-drug-testing

Interesting

Beer-Belly
June 8th, 2016, 10:44 PM
He's still going to be tested before the fight, though, correct?

kangus
June 8th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Okay there are a few parts to this.

First, section 5.7.1 of the USADA policy with the UFC states any athlete who "ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she….has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of four months before returning to competition."

However, written into the policy is a trump card, allowing the four month window to be bypassed, that the UFC may use at their discretion, stating "in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to the Athlete”. Now, what exactly are 'exceptional circumstances' is not defined but I suppose Brock would fall under this category.

As for right now, since Brock is under contract with the UFC, Lesnar qualifies for full USADA testing as it applies to "all athletes under contract with the UFC from the date of their first contract until the earlier of the termination of their contract with the UFC or such time as they give notice to UFC in writing of their retirement from competition."

Mark Hammer
June 8th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Long story short money walks and bullshit talks.

kangus
June 9th, 2016, 5:27 AM
That's not it at all but I hope you guys take the time to asses the situation.

OD50
June 9th, 2016, 6:11 AM
I have no problem with the UFC using the clause. It doesn't mean that Brock won't be tested pre/post fight just like everybody else, just means that he won't have to be on the USADA testing programme for four months before making his comeback, which obviously would mean not fighting at 200. He'd probably be available to fight sometime in October in that case.

Beer-Belly
June 28th, 2016, 7:22 PM
Jon Jones said he wants any referee besides John McCarthy at UFC 200.

"He [officiates] probably once a week somewhere," Jones said. "For me, this is my life, this is my story, this is my legacy. This is everything to me, and if I don't agree with his energy that he brings to the fight, if I was him, I wouldn't want to be a part of it. You know what I mean? If you're not welcome, why would you even want to be part of someone's big night who doesn't want you there. I would say, ‘you know, I'll back out of this one, I don't need to be a part of this one.'"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/28/12055086/jon-jones-would-prefer-any-other-referee-besides-john-mccarthy-at-ufc

God, he's such an egotistical cunt.

Fanny Batter
June 29th, 2016, 2:23 AM
McCarthy won't let Jones get away with eye pokes or exploit the 4 point ground rule. So I'm glad he's the ref, very glad indeed. This isn't BJM being negative against Jones, he's negative towards bullshit ways of trying to win fights.

Mark Hammer
June 29th, 2016, 10:31 AM
In fairness Jones' issue with BJM stems from him allowing a bullshit, blatantly illegal head kick from Vitor when their fight opened up and Jones did his crawl to the center that he likes to do. When Jon looked at John crazy (right after that moment) Big John's response was "I'll allow it since you're 'playing the game'". Mindlessly hate all you want (Beer-Belly) but Big John likes to make up his own rules from time to time and Jones is perfectly justified in lobbying for any other ref.

Nash Diesel
June 29th, 2016, 10:53 AM
It should be either Herb Dean or Big John. They're are the top 2 in the game today, and probably of all time. Honestly, I'm a huge fan of Jones, but this guy is probably the last person who should be making demands. He should be thankful the UFC welcomed him back with open arms after the things he's done in his life over the last couple years. If his reason is what happened 4 years ago in the Vitor fight oh well, being a fan of Jones and accepting some of the dirty tactics or trying to stretch the rules and thinking that's "ok" are 2 totally different things lol. We're talking about BJM, and the only other ref better is Herb Dean.

Spedizzo
June 29th, 2016, 1:25 PM
Who is the ref who goes:

Fighter are you ready? Fighter are you ready? Judge are you ready? Judge are you ready? Judge are you ready? FIGHT!

Act like you been there before guy :slap:

He looks like Yves Lavigne's long lost lover.

Not sure if he does UFC, I think I always see him on Bellator and shit

Mark Hammer
June 29th, 2016, 2:56 PM
It should be either Herb Dean or Big John. They're are the top 2 in the game today, and probably of all time. Honestly, I'm a huge fan of Jones, but this guy is probably the last person who should be making demands. He should be thankful the UFC welcomed him back with open arms after the things he's done in his life over the last couple years. If his reason is what happened 4 years ago in the Vitor fight oh well, being a fan of Jones and accepting some of the dirty tactics or trying to stretch the rules and thinking that's "ok" are 2 totally different things lol. We're talking about BJM, and the only other ref better is Herb Dean.

He's not making demands of the UFC. They have no say in who refs the fight.

Nash Diesel
June 29th, 2016, 3:39 PM
He's not making demands of the UFC. They have no say in who refs the fight.

Brock Lesnar was able to get it to where Steve Mazagatti couldn't ref any of his fights......And he is making demands, just because it might not come to fruition doesn't mean he's not demanding someone other than Big John. Sounds more like begging actually.

Mark Hammer
June 29th, 2016, 4:11 PM
My point is Jon is not demanding things from the UFC. Your retarded argument suggests that he should be groveling at Dana and co's feet instead of "making demands" of them. Well he's not making demands of them.

Nash Diesel
June 29th, 2016, 4:15 PM
My point is Jon is not demanding things from the UFC. Your retarded argument suggests that he should be groveling at Dana and co's feet instead of "making demands" of them. Well he's not making demands of them.

Retarded?

He is going above and beyond to get Big John out of the fight, making several comments/posts about it. I'm not saying he should be groveling at their feet but the dude shouldn't be "asking" for any kind of special treatment when he's already getting it. I'm a big fan of Bones but it's just stupid for him to think Big John isn't up to task and shouldn't be the ref. One of the top 2 refs in the game, and he's apparently butt hurt because of a situation from years ago. If this were a shitty ref and not the godfather of MMA refs, sure, but this is Big John, there's nobody better other than maybe Herb Dean and even that dude makes mistakes, they all do.

Mark Hammer
June 29th, 2016, 4:18 PM
Well like I said, Big John has a documented history of bending the rules during a fight. He's far from the "take no bullshit MMA ref/saint" y'all make him out to be.

Jon Jones is undefeated and has fought the best his division has to offer. He is the greatest fighter of all time. He's also the main event of the biggest ppv since UFC 100. He has every right to make demands.

Nash Diesel
June 29th, 2016, 4:21 PM
Well like I said, Big John has a documented history of bending the rules during a fight. He's far from "take no bullshit MMA ref/saint" y'all are making him out to be.

Every ref, just like every fighter, has their flaws, but Big John is the best of the best. Who's better? Herb? That's about it. And when John bends the rules, it's usually for the better because he's a smart dude. It's rare for him to do a questionable stand up or early stoppage or letting someone get their shit kicked more than they should.

Mark Hammer
June 29th, 2016, 4:28 PM
The point you continually ignore is that BJM has shown personal bias towards Jon Jones during a fight in the past.

Nash Diesel
June 29th, 2016, 4:42 PM
The point you continually ignore is that BJM has shown personal bias towards Jon Jones during a fight in the past.

Personal bias? Did Jones bitch when BJM was the ref for his fight with Gus? The Vitor fight was 4+ years ago. Get over it. This is the entitled shit that this guy needs to get over especially when he's fucking around outside of the Octagon like he has been like a dumb fuck.