PDA

View Full Version : The Official Rich Franklin Appreciation Thread

Nash Diesel
September 28th, 2015, 12:31 PM
So via his official twitter account, Rich Franklin has decided to officially retire. To my knowledge he still had one fight left on his UFC contract but he will not be honoring that, instead going the retirement route.

Rich Franklin, what can I say? First time I saw him fight was against Shamrock on the TUF 1 finale. Memorable fights across the board such as Tanner (RIP), Anderson and Wanderlai Silva, Iceman, Cung Le, Nate Quarry, just to name a few. Dude just seemed like such a nice guy as well, he never really spoke ill of anyone. The only thing I wanted to see though was Franklin v. Bisping. Idk why but it just seemed like a fight we were going to get one day.

OD50
September 28th, 2015, 2:30 PM
Never was a Rich Franklin fan honestly and was elated when Anderson wrecked him. Guy was always a class act and great ambassador for MMA. First fight I watched him in must have been vs David Loueasau.

Spedizzo
September 28th, 2015, 2:40 PM
I got into MMA after Rich Franklin had already been molested by Anderson Silva multiple times and was moreso fighting in attraction fights at "Franklinweight."

Respect what the guy has done and have seen a lot of his fights. Great career and ambassador. Looks like Jim Carrey.