PDA

View Full Version : Madden 16 PS4 League Season 3 Superbowl - Seahawks vs Colts Again

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Beefy
September 9th, 2015, 8:49 AM
Looks like we're less than a week away from the new patch & roster updates so we can get to think about the league on this year's game. If you're in then please put your details below (PSN name and preferred team).

You don't need to choose a team now and if two people want the same team then preference will be given to those who played last year assuming they're looking to keep the same team.

EDIT - Team list below:
Beefy - New York Giants
Mikey Jones - Indianapolis Colts
Grimario - Pittsburgh Steelers
Pablo Diablo - Miami Dolphins
Chris Dolmeth - Seattle Seahawks
Morrison - Philadelphia Eagles
Torn - Dallas Cowgirls
MMH - New Orleans Saints
Alex - Houston Texans RIP
kdestiny - Arizona Cardinals
The Rick - Cincinnati Bengals RIP
GOLDBERG'S BEST FRIEND - Denver Broncos
Matthew - Buffalo Bills

League Name: Rajah Football
Password: gbfsucks

Mikey_Jones
September 9th, 2015, 3:56 PM
TheMikeChilds, don't really mind which team

Grimario
September 9th, 2015, 5:55 PM
I'm in but depends how shit the latency is. I did an online draft champions game the other day and it was so bad that even instantly flicking down then up on kicks was only fast enough to get it off halfway down the kick bar on its return. :(

K9countess and 49errrrrrs (hate the way the commentary guy pronounces it)

Beefy
September 9th, 2015, 5:58 PM
I have that problem with kicking, Grim. Think I'll be going for a lot of 4th downs and 2 point conversions this year.

Pablo Diablo
September 9th, 2015, 7:22 PM
pdiablo - Dolphins

Chris Dolmeth
September 9th, 2015, 8:50 PM
Go_hawks253 - Seahawks

Morrison
September 9th, 2015, 11:57 PM
swingkungfu and eagles.

Morrison
September 10th, 2015, 2:13 AM
also, it seems the patch is live now. first roster update apparently drops on friday, so might make sense to wait until that's done before activating the league. starting this weekend as a kickoff to the season would be nice.

Grimario
September 10th, 2015, 2:16 AM
also, it seems the patch is live now. first roster update apparently drops on friday, so might make sense to wait until that's done before activating the league. starting this weekend as a kickoff to the season would be nice.

Yeah, if the #HaynePlane isn't in my team, I will go wherever Sav Rocca is.

Does he still play?

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 4:34 AM
I'm still torn between the Giants and the Raiders.

Other thing to decide is if we're going for user-created coaches or using existing real-life coaches. I went for a user-created coach last year and felt massively disadvantaged for it in terms of XP being earned, etc. We should probably do one or the other.

Torn
September 10th, 2015, 4:39 AM
Last year I just picked Garrett because I was too lazy to create my own coach, didn't have any idea it was different. Then I didn't actually use an XP. I'm fine with either obviously.

Torn
September 10th, 2015, 4:42 AM
I'm still torn between the Giants and the Raiders.

Other thing to decide is if we're going for user-created coaches or using existing real-life coaches. I went for a user-created coach last year and felt massively disadvantaged for it in terms of XP being earned, etc. We should probably do one or the other.

Giants would be incredible for the divisional games with me and Morrison, those games were just something else. We wouldn't all make the playoffs obviously but who cares? These games are much more fun and intense when we know a playoff spot could be on the line.

MMH
September 10th, 2015, 5:08 AM
Im torn between the Saints and the Browns.

Though the Browns offence is terrible.

Im muhmuhhuh on PSN but you already knew that.

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 5:38 AM
I am slightly put off by all the divisional games with you guys just because it will limit our chances of making the Playoffs but yeah that isn't the end of the World and hopefully we can get two or three seasons in this year as we're starting so early.

Fuck it, I'll be the Giants in this and the Raiders in my single player game. I need me some Khalil Mack in at least one of my careers.

beefy78 - New York Giants

RFF Champ
September 10th, 2015, 6:06 AM
Is there any kind of easy route to signing a 80+ QB? I want to be the Texans but my passing ability is bad enough as it is without a 73 rated QB.

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 6:27 AM
Trade. Maybe you have a great defensive player that someone will swap for a top quarterback, for example.

Torn
September 10th, 2015, 6:31 AM
Should we start this weekend as Morrison suggested then? I'm pretty excited.

Torn
September 10th, 2015, 6:52 AM
With pre-existing injuries off? :angelic:

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 7:03 AM
I'll open the league up as soon as the roster update hits (if you guys can keep an eye out for it).

We then have four weeks of preseason so if we try to keep those to 48 hours a go that would be good. Happy to do 24 hours but I want to make sure everyone has a chance to log in, do trades, etc. I know I need to build a defensive line and an offensive line somehow.

RFF Champ
September 10th, 2015, 7:07 AM
I'll be the Texans.

MMH
September 10th, 2015, 7:21 AM
Is there any kind of easy route to signing a 80+ QB? I want to be the Texans but my passing ability is bad enough as it is without a 73 rated QB.

Run the ball....a lot.

RFF Champ
September 10th, 2015, 7:38 AM
I did and I probably would have won the Superbowl but Torn spitefully injured Marshawn Lynch on the way to me beating him for a second time in two games. I'm seeking to diversify.

Pablo Diablo
September 10th, 2015, 7:46 AM
48 hrs might be a bit tough for when we have PvP matches.

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 8:14 AM
We won't do 48 hours during the season Pabs. It is just for preseason.

Pablo Diablo
September 10th, 2015, 8:30 AM
Alright good good. I'm probably just going to sim my pre-season games anyways.

Torn
September 10th, 2015, 9:06 AM
I'll sim mine too.

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 9:21 AM
I'm sure most will, but I want to give people a chance to log in and do anything with trades, cutting players etc, that they want to do.

Kdestiny
September 10th, 2015, 10:01 AM
krisdestiny34- Arizona Cardinals

Morrison
September 10th, 2015, 3:19 PM
Last year I just picked Garrett because I was too lazy to create my own coach, didn't have any idea it was different. Then I didn't actually use an XP. I'm fine with either obviously.

yeah, to be honest, the XP for coaches is kinda bleh. you can funnel it into mostly resigning or free agent influence, but considering how long seasons take, we're likely not ever going to need to resign a lot of or current players. free agent could be helpful since we'll get more than one season, and i guess the trade influence boost, but overall it just seems like its there to try and make it look like theres some kind of depth to the system.

Beefy
September 10th, 2015, 3:21 PM
It is more the XP for the players. New coaches actually get far more coach XP than real coaches do but your get like 450pts when you're doing the training compared to more than double that for a veteran coach.

Mikey_Jones
September 11th, 2015, 3:05 PM
I'll take the Colts

Grimario
September 12th, 2015, 1:57 AM
Would appear that the roster update is done. Have added everyone in here that I didn't have before to my friends list.

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 4:29 AM
Ok I've created the league and I'm currently inviting you all. I've got:

Beefy - New York Giants
Grimario - San Francisco 49ers
Chris Dolmeph Seattle Seahawks
Torn - Dallas Cowgirls
MMH - Saints/Bowns
Alex - Houston Texans

I'll also shoot The Rick a PM and invite as he'd said at the end of the last league he'd be in for this one. Anyone else who wants to join can jump in after that.

I'd suggest using a real life coach but it I'll leave it up to you guys what you do.

Morrison
September 12th, 2015, 4:35 AM
does the league follow the real life team schedule for 2015? cause if so, first two weeks of the regular season starts off with cowboys at giants followed by cowboys and eagles. start this new season off with a bang.

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 4:37 AM
Yeah it is the same schedule. I'm getting fucked over the top by Romo & Bryant week one. Better learn how to defend deep.

Morrison
September 12th, 2015, 4:57 AM
Yeah it is the same schedule. I'm getting fucked over the top by Romo & Bryant week one. Better learn how to defend deep.

promptly followed by me in week two. it's a bit embarrassing how much research and defense vids im going to watch on youtube to try and stop that.

which means i'll just end up getting screen passed to death with cole fucking beasley or some other nonsense player.

Grimario
September 12th, 2015, 5:14 AM

Beefy - New York Giants
Torn - Dallas Cowgirls
MMH - Saints/Bowns
Alex - Houston Texans

I'll also shoot The Rick a PM and invite as he'd said at the end of the last league he'd be in for this one. Anyone else who wants to join can jump in after that.

I'd suggest using a real life coach but it I'll leave it up to you guys what you do.

I should have made a new coach since Tomsula is a level one anyway.

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 6:45 AM
Where is Game Prep? I think the default option is for the CPU to handle it but I turned that off in my single player franchise this morning and I still don't see it. Maybe it doesn't show until the regular season?

Torn
September 12th, 2015, 7:05 AM
Can't wait to unleash Dez on you guys. I'm going to play the pre season games and make sure he doesn't play a single snap incase he gets hurt.

Torn
September 12th, 2015, 7:05 AM
promptly followed by me in week two. it's a bit embarrassing how much research and defense vids im going to watch on youtube to try and stop that.

which means i'll just end up getting screen passed to death with cole fucking beasley or some other nonsense player.

:lol:

lance dunbar

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 7:32 AM
Can't wait to unleash Dez on you guys. I'm going to play the pre season games and make sure he doesn't play a single snap incase he gets hurt.

I wish I had the best receiver in the NFC East :(

Chris Dolmeth
September 12th, 2015, 9:27 AM
The NFC is gonna be a bloodbath. Can't wait

Kdestiny
September 12th, 2015, 9:36 AM
Got a wedding today, so I'll get a chance to jump in tomorrow.

MMH
September 12th, 2015, 9:53 AM
I have decided to go the Saints. Ill save the Browns for my own franchise. Also their offensive situation is shockingly bad.

So what do I do next....im completely in the dark here.

Pablo Diablo
September 12th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I'm quite worried about how much you guys are going to embarrass me.

Pablo Diablo
September 12th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Although the AFC is pretty light on Rajahites

Grimario
September 12th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I'm quite worried about how much you guys are going to embarrass me.

You guys? I'm more worried about losing to the CPU controlled teams.

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I have decided to go the Saints. Ill save the Browns for my own franchise. Also their offensive situation is shockingly bad.

So what do I do next....im completely in the dark here.

When you log in next you should have an invite to join the league. Log in, make any cuts/trades you want to make, play your game if you want to and then mark yourself as being ready to advance.

MMH
September 12th, 2015, 11:39 AM
When you log in next you should have an invite to join the league. Log in, make any cuts/trades you want to make, play your game if you want to and then mark yourself as being ready to advance.

Oh so kind of how football manager works in multi player? Fair enough.

Just out of interest how to the cuts and adding of free agents work? Is there a waiver system or something?

I could just log in and check too i suppose....

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Just played some utter cunt who spent four quarters lobbing long bombs downfield. So tedious.

Beefy
September 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Oh so kind of how football manager works in multi player? Fair enough.

Just out of interest how to the cuts and adding of free agents work? Is there a waiver system or something?

I could just log in and check too i suppose....

No it is first come first served. In post season free agents will take a few weeks to decide on an offer so you get bidding wars but there's none of that in the rest of the season.

Chris Dolmeth
September 12th, 2015, 12:58 PM
What th shit? Luke Willson was traded?! :grumpy:

Morrison
September 12th, 2015, 1:44 PM
I wish I had the best receiver in the NFC East :(
yeah, you only got scrubs like victor cruz and odell beckham.

The Rick
September 13th, 2015, 12:57 AM
I joined, and took Cincinnati.

MMH
September 13th, 2015, 8:02 AM
I played my first pre season game, 0-0 until the 4th quarter! Won 10-7 in the end but it made me realise that I needed to sign a kicker as my rookie kicker missed a 30 yard field goal!

Pablo Diablo
September 13th, 2015, 8:11 AM
Yeah the Dolphins are deciding to run with rookie kickers and punters. I at least changed my kicker (back to the one they had before they cut him). Will probably look at changing my punter as well.

Torn
September 13th, 2015, 9:24 AM
Apparently Bernadeau was traded to the Seahawks for a 4th round pick before I even joined the game!

Chris Dolmeth
September 13th, 2015, 9:38 AM
Who? Lol

Chris Dolmeth
September 13th, 2015, 9:38 AM
You can have him back, first round pick.

The computer loves making deals. I lost my second TE before I joined.

Torn
September 13th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Unbelievable.

And he's your new starting right guard I expect man

Mikey_Jones
September 13th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Nearly played my first pre-season game against the Eagles before Torn told me that was Morrison's team. Whoops

Beefy
September 13th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Morrison hasn't claimed the team yet. I'll be advancing the clock in the morning.

Yeah I noticed when I created the league that the CPU straight away made a load of trades. Very odd - you'd assume that it wouldn't do anything until the end of the first week.

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 2:03 PM
Can I have until tomorrow evening please? I'm not in the game yet. I'll play as soon as I get home just after 6.

Beefy
September 13th, 2015, 2:05 PM
Ok, tweet me when you're done tomorrow and I'll advance the game straight away.

Morrison
September 13th, 2015, 2:19 PM
im claiming my team now, but was planning on just simming all my preseason games. wont have time to actually play against mikey until sometime monday afternoon,. i wouldnt want the advancement of the week to be help up on a preseason game, unless mikey really wanted to play.

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 2:19 PM
Thank you. I've been out this weekend so haven't had chance. Should be done by 7 but I'll let you know.

Mikey_Jones
September 13th, 2015, 2:27 PM
im claiming my team now, but was planning on just simming all my preseason games. wont have time to actually play against mikey until sometime monday afternoon,. i wouldnt want the advancement of the week to be help up on a preseason game, unless mikey really wanted to play.

I'm not that fussed, I'm happy enough to sim it. Just wanted to get used to the team

Kdestiny
September 13th, 2015, 2:42 PM
I'm planning to do the first quarter during the preseason and then a supersim just to get used to first team. I like John and Jaron Brown so far

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 4:22 PM
I'm in and I just traded my 1st round draft pick for a 78 QB. Value or not?

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 4:24 PM
Oh. My preseason is against Grim so just sim us.

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 4:34 PM
Beefy has politely told me I've done my Bollocks.

Torn
September 13th, 2015, 4:35 PM
I'm in and I just traded my 1st round draft pick for a 78 QB. Value or not?

:lol:!!!

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 4:38 PM
Rick, help me sort this please. Can I trade my way out of this?

Torn
September 13th, 2015, 4:52 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick ahagsdfhgg

RFF Champ
September 13th, 2015, 4:56 PM
What would be a comparable RFF trade?

Kdestiny
September 13th, 2015, 5:05 PM
You traded for Fitz?

I'd give no higher than a 5 for that

MMH
September 13th, 2015, 5:14 PM
What would be a comparable RFF trade?

Trading away your first round pick next year for Steven Fletcher.

Kdestiny
September 13th, 2015, 5:17 PM
Just realized I have the Aints week one, so that'll be interesting

Beefy
September 13th, 2015, 5:26 PM
Before he got Fitz he offered me his first and an 24 year old 85 rated MLB for Eli. Now I like Eli a lot but I'd have been taking that offer.

In Alex's defence, they seem to have cut the number of XPs your players can earn down to a 20th (literally) of last year so I'm not certain how much value any draft picks will have. We shall see.

Kdestiny
September 13th, 2015, 6:46 PM
Oh they definitely have value

RFF Champ
September 14th, 2015, 3:42 AM
If I need any tips on simming all my games I'll ask you :mad:

Beefy
September 14th, 2015, 3:43 AM
I've advanced the gameclock.

RFF Champ
September 14th, 2015, 3:47 AM

Beefy - New York Giants
Torn - Dallas Cowgirls
MMH - Saints/Bowns
Alex - Houston Texans

Could you put this list in the opening post please?

Pablo Diablo
September 14th, 2015, 7:55 AM
Really excited for regular season.

Beefy
September 14th, 2015, 8:43 AM
Should be next weekend for the start of the season.

Putting this on the radar now - I'm on holiday 26th September to 9th October. I'll be looking to advance the game clock the day before I go so I'll do my game before I head to the airport that day. So long as everyone remembers to select 'ready to advance' then the gameclock should advance as soon as everyone has played.

Grimario
September 14th, 2015, 9:07 AM
Should be next weekend for the start of the season.

Putting this on the radar now - I'm on holiday 26th September to 9th October. I'll be looking to advance the game clock the day before I go so I'll do my game before I head to the airport that day. So long as everyone remembers to select 'ready to advance' then the gameclock should advance as soon as everyone has played.

Likewise, I am on holidays for a bit in October... 15th - 24th or something like that. Hopefully can time it around a bye or something.

RFF Champ
September 14th, 2015, 2:29 PM
Just threw for 165 yards with Mallett, my best ever haul I believe. Scored 17 points too. I've got a mean defence too, I'm dreadful at the game but I'll be tough to beat I reckon.

MMH
September 14th, 2015, 5:23 PM
Im wishing I took the Browns now. At least then I would have an excuse for being shit. After the borefest of my first pre season game I just got hammered 24-10 by the Patriots. 1st and goal on the 1 yard line and I ended up turning the ball over on downs. Pathetic.

Pablo Diablo
September 14th, 2015, 5:25 PM
Patriots are a team that I fully expect to lose to every time I play them.

Beefy
September 14th, 2015, 5:39 PM
I lost to the Jaguars. Not a good 24 hours for the New York Giants.

Beefy
September 15th, 2015, 4:20 AM
The Giants squad are so lopsided. Anyone need a Right Defensive End? I've four of the fuckers all in their 20s and all rated above 81 (two 85s and JPP who is a 92). I need a right guard or a safety. Or about 14 other positions actually.

RFF Champ
September 15th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Any danger this is advanced by the time I get home?

Beefy
September 15th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Tomorrow morning unless everyone is marked as ready to advance.

MMH
September 16th, 2015, 4:14 PM
Alex, looks like I have you in the next pre season game. Let me know when you are available (assuming you want to play the game). :yes:

Beefy
September 16th, 2015, 8:44 PM
There's some fierce competition for Eli guys, Get involved.

Torn
September 17th, 2015, 3:29 AM
I think I'm ok with Romo :cool:

Grimario
September 17th, 2015, 3:31 AM
There's some fierce competition for Eli guys, Get involved.

I'll pass. Mostly because Kap is great for the Option offense I intent to run.

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 3:37 AM
I hate you guys.

RFF Champ
September 17th, 2015, 3:41 AM
I wanted him but I remembered how tiresome RFF negotiations are with you and have done my dough.

RFF Champ
September 17th, 2015, 3:41 AM
Alex, looks like I have you in the next pre season game. Let me know when you are available (assuming you want to play the game). :yes:

I'd like to have played but I'm out tonight so won't have chance.

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 3:51 AM
I'm a delight to trade with. Just ask Chris Scott.

RFF Champ
September 17th, 2015, 5:36 AM
Beefy offered Eli for JJ Watt.

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 5:43 AM
ahahahaha liar. You offered a 75 rated lineman for him though.

I don't need JJ, I've got the two fingered wrecking machine JPP

The Rogerer
September 17th, 2015, 6:25 AM
Touch Down

Tight End

Beefy did you play Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain yet

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 6:31 AM
I'm a delight to trade with. Just ask Chris Scott.

yeah yeah Balotelli for Augero and all that.

Gay how you all have PS4.

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 6:32 AM
pdiablo - Dolphins

Do us all proud mate win this and destroy everyone in your path, especially Beefy, MMH, Alex and Torn.

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 6:51 AM
Haha I've just checked my ESPN fantasy football Beefy, I get you now. Will need to think about that one.

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 6:52 AM
Haha I've just checked my ESPN fantasy football Beefy, I get you now. Will need to think about that one.

To be fair it was an Aguero dig ;)

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 6:53 AM
:D

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 6:54 AM
Touch Down

Tight End

Beefy did you play Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain yet

Hey,

I've played Ground Zeroes. I liked it. I've avoided TPP for now. I'm on holiday next week and didn't have the spare cash. I'm going to look to pick it up end of next month along with Arkham Knight and probably Bloodbowl 2.

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 7:20 AM
OMG you've not played Arkham Night yet?

Grimario
September 17th, 2015, 7:52 AM
probably Bloodbowl 2.

What race? I recently booted up Chaos Edition to get pumped for BB2 release. My dwarves are squishing all comers but my star blitzer just lost a point of strength making him completely useless :cry:

In pre-season, do your players get experience if you don't play the game? I wasn't sure so started a game then Mrs Grim came home with dinner so I just super simmed the rest. Lost 17-3 :(

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 8:07 AM
I haven't played it on computer before. I used to be Orcs in the board game version. I absolutely loved it and we had leagues of up to 50+ teams at one point. I loved building up star players, it is a great game.

The players should earn XP but remember that your starters only play a quarter in pre-season so that limits the chances they have to earn many points.

Beefy
September 17th, 2015, 8:09 AM
OMG you've not played Arkham Night yet?

Aside from maybe three games of Rocket League I've literally only played Madden in a couple of months, at least on the PS4.

Chris Scott
September 17th, 2015, 8:54 AM
Fair play. Get on AK you'll love it.

Mikey_Jones
September 17th, 2015, 1:30 PM
Happy birthday Grimbo!

Pablo Diablo
September 17th, 2015, 5:37 PM
So Morrison I was just playing my Week 3 Pre-season game and just realized that the AI had traded me Curry for a 2017 second round pick. If you want him back let me know.

Morrison
September 17th, 2015, 7:17 PM
So Morrison I was just playing my Week 3 Pre-season game and just realized that the AI had traded me Curry for a 2017 second round pick. If you want him back let me know.

what is the hell is with this? i dont remember the AI making these kinds of trades and roster moves on you in past games. is this a league option?

Torn
September 18th, 2015, 5:50 AM
It happened before you joined as the Eagles. When Beefy created the league for some mental reason the CPU did a load of trades before anyone joined teams. We don't know why. I lost Mackenzy Bernadeau to Dolmeth, luckily for you Pablo is a real gent, unluckily for me Dolmeth is errr something else

Torn
September 18th, 2015, 5:53 AM
I have done some trading after this happened mind. I traded some players and a bunch of my draft picks and then further flipped those for Kyle Williams, Josh Norman and Todd Gurley. I figured the draft probably won't be a whole bunch of use but I may be wrong.

BEEFY!

Will you be around Sunday during the day to play our season opener?

Beefy
September 18th, 2015, 6:47 AM
I'm planning going on a long walk (20 miles :eek: ) Sunday morning so if you can do late afternoon that is do-able. we could run it just before the actual NFL games kick off. That way I get to watch both the virtual and actual Giants get stuffed one after the other.

Chris Dolmeth
September 18th, 2015, 8:55 AM
It happened before you joined as the Eagles. When Beefy created the league for some mental reason the CPU did a load of trades before anyone joined teams. We don't know why. I lost Mackenzy Bernadeau to Dolmeth, luckily for you Pablo is a real gent, unluckily for me Dolmeth is errr something else

Hey man, that's just the nature of the beast. Like I said, I lost my second TE, which might not sound like a lot but I run a lot of two TE formations.

Mikey_Jones
September 18th, 2015, 2:47 PM
Rick, do you want to play our pre-season game?

Pablo Diablo
September 18th, 2015, 3:09 PM
Morrison sent you basically the same trade back. You may need to cut someone before.

MMH
September 18th, 2015, 5:59 PM
Right, I am fucking awful at this game. I have scored 16 points all pre season (in games I have played) no TDs thrown, barely any receptions at all come to think of it and my O line cant stop anything at all. I am getting sacked all over the place before my receivers even remotely get free and grrrrrr... I was 10-3 down with 4 minutes to go and managed to throw 3 INTs each time whilst doing trying to come back

On the plus side I am defensively sound.

I dont know if its me or the team. Either way its going to be a struggle. Im fine against the CPU away from the league and with harder settings so I dunno.

Morrison
September 18th, 2015, 7:30 PM
Morrison sent you basically the same trade back. You may need to cut someone before.
thank ya kindly, sir. i'll accept when i hop on tonight.

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 3:01 AM
Torn, you about to play our game now?

The Rick
September 19th, 2015, 3:29 AM
Rick, do you want to play our pre-season game?

I hopped on last night. I probably won't be back on until Sunday. If you need to carry forward without, that's fine.

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 4:58 AM
Torn, you about to play our game now?

I'm around until about 1 when I leave for Brentford if you wanna play?

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 5:03 AM
I'll load up now.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 5:32 AM
Just checked my fixture chart. I've seven Rajah games. My defence sucks, my offensive line sucks, my QB is taking up all of my cap room, I've no secondary. I've conceded 90 points in three easy preseason matches (about to play the Patriots and I'm a bit scared what Brady is going to do to me).

Jokes aside I could easily go 6-10. Reckon I need two whole seasons to sort out this mess of a squad.

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 5:33 AM
Romo played about 5 snaps before being killed by Alex, out for 2 weeks ffs :(

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 5:41 AM
I hopped on last night. I probably won't be back on until Sunday. If you need to carry forward without, that's fine.

I'll be around all weekend if needed

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 6:00 AM
Oh jeez

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 6:01 AM
I'm playing in white yeah?

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 6:16 AM
Rage quit in the 4th quarter. Conceded 50 points. They scored EVERY SINGLE DRIVE.

This is fucking bullshit.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 6:17 AM
Romo played about 5 snaps before being killed by Alex, out for 2 weeks ffs :(

Jimmy Garoppolo just put up a 140 passing rating against me.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 6:20 AM
I swear I'm actually ok at this game. At the same skill level I've taken the Raiders to the Playoffs in my other game. The Giants are FUCKING USELESS ARGGHHHHHHGGHGHGHFHH!

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 6:23 AM
Sorry about Romo. I'm a mixture of raged, humbled and awful at the game. I've turned it off so I don't accept Beefy's 2nd round pick and Vince Wilfork for Eli, it's tempting.

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 6:29 AM
Sorry Alex. That was brutal :lol:

I've signed Matt Flynn to take on Beefy and Morrison. Will need to lean on Gurley!

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 6:30 AM
52-17 :lol:

Turns out I've got Alex twice in the season

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 6:55 AM
Imagine caring about someone else's pre season results.

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 7:22 AM
I've got destroyed twice by CPU in pre-season, I have to find positives somewhere

RFF Champ
September 19th, 2015, 7:26 AM
I'm 0-4 in preseason but I'm going to have Eli for week 1.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 9:11 AM
Eli has actually been just about the only positive point about my preseason. I brought in Mettenberger to replace him but Eli has massively out-performed him. Unfortunately he is the least athletic man alive.

MMH
September 19th, 2015, 9:28 AM
Im getting sick of the game now. Same thing every single time. 1st down, nice play for 9 yards or so, usually a pass to my TE because nobody else can get open ever.

2nd down INSTANT SACK. Like the opponent has teleportation powers.

3rd down, another sack this time because nobody gets open again.

Punt is decent on 4th down, 15 yard face mask foul against me.

Every single fucking time.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 9:48 AM
Im getting sick of the game now. Same thing every single time. 1st down, nice play for 9 yards or so, usually a pass to my TE because nobody else can get open ever.

Let me know if you fancy a friendly later.

MMH
September 19th, 2015, 9:53 AM
Let me know if you fancy a friendly later.

Haha looking for a morale boosting win?

Yeah I may do actually after the match. Will give you a shout.

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 10:10 AM
After the Everton game? If Ant isn't around, I'll have a game. Keen to see how bad the lag is again

Matthew
September 19th, 2015, 10:13 AM
gotta run the ball

screen passes, too

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I've set up a twitch account so we can broadcast and give everyone a laugh.

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 10:17 AM
I'm up for a game after the football today

Chris Dolmeth
September 19th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Almost lost Russell to serious injury in the last game. Good thing for me, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Chris Dolmeth
September 19th, 2015, 11:00 AM

gotta run the ball

screen passes, too

This. Also, quick passes.. A lot of routes in this game take way too long to develop.

MMH
September 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Right im online, anyone wants to face me just give me a shout/invite etc.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 12:27 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/anthonycameronuk

For anyone interested.

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Mikey, where are you?

Just lost 13-10 to chargers in last pre season game. Sigh.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 1:18 PM
Thank fuck for Odell Beckham

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 1:19 PM
Mikey, where are you?

Just lost 13-10 to chargers in last pre season game. Sigh.

Sorry, takeaway turned up

Turning on now

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 1:22 PM
Is the league ready to advance? I can play tonight Beefy if it is.

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 1:22 PM

Turning on now

Takeaway also turned up when I played Alex

Ryan Fitzpatrick delivered 7 of them.

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 1:31 PM

Turning on now

I accept your invite and after about thirty seconds, it tells me the game session is no longer available.

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 1:32 PM
Same when I try and accept yours

Not sure what is happening here

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 1:33 PM
Same when I try and accept yours

Not sure what is happening here

Australian Internet ftw

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 1:41 PM
So... Is the head to head invite pretty much the same as how games in connected franchise work? If so... I can't seem to play Mikey at all.

MMH
September 19th, 2015, 1:49 PM
Says you aint online here.... im trying to invite you.

MMH
September 19th, 2015, 1:52 PM
Also the invite thing is awful, you have to flick through everybody on your list instead of it just showing you who is online and playing the game.

Grimario
September 19th, 2015, 2:04 PM
Says you aint online here.... im trying to invite you.

I gave up after about ten invites from or to Mikey. It's also 330 am so I figure I should sleep.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 2:19 PM
Is the league ready to advance? I can play tonight Beefy if it is.

Waiting on Mikey, Pabs, Rick, Morrison and Alex.

Torn
September 19th, 2015, 2:24 PM
Oh.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 2:47 PM
Now broadcasting me vs Mikey

Mikey_Jones
September 19th, 2015, 3:36 PM
Horrific

Morrison
September 19th, 2015, 3:40 PM
me and torn are gonna play a friendly now. beefy, if you want to have one after, im all for.

twitch.tv/swingkungfu37

Pablo Diablo
September 19th, 2015, 4:53 PM
Waiting on Mikey, Pabs, Rick, Morrison and Alex.

Week 4 preseason right? I don't want to hold people back so just advance me when the rest are ready. Won't be at my ps4 until tomorrow evening.

Beefy
September 19th, 2015, 5:25 PM
Well I make it we're just actually waiting on Rick then.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 3:41 AM
Give me ten minutes to have a cup of tea then I'm going to advance the gameclock and start the season. If anyone wants to stream their matches then it is really easy to do so post the link in here.

Torn, let me know when you want to play. I've got some work to do so wouldn't mind leaving it until maybe an hour before the actual games start so 5ish but that doesn't need to be set in stone.

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 4:49 AM
What happened to your walk? I'll let you know a bit later, 5pm should be alright.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 4:54 AM
Yeah I know. I had to work.

Mikey_Jones
September 20th, 2015, 5:33 AM
I've only got CPU Week 1, but I'll still be streaming my game later on

Also, I never realised that Todd Gurley is so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0Q8GMEDjU

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 6:16 AM
I ruined it by pressing back for no reason :(

RFF Champ
September 20th, 2015, 6:47 AM
Beefy 13/10
Torn 8/11

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 6:49 AM
I've only got CPU Week 1, but I'll still be streaming my game later on

Also, I never realised that Todd Gurley is so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0Q8GMEDjU

Fucks sake, that is scary.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 6:49 AM
Beefy 13/10
Torn 8/11

I was 3-0 vs Rajah folk yesterday. This will be a big test though. Come on Eli!

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Ready when you are, Beefy.

RFF Champ
September 20th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Did Beefy go for his walk
No 1/33
Yes 16/1

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I'll log in now then Torn. Send me an invite. Shall I stream this?

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Go for it. Logging on now.

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 11:52 AM
We need Matthew to tweet the link to Dez Bryant and the president.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Do I just go to 'play season game'? All my games were vs the CPU last season

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I sent an invite

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 11:57 AM
But yes

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Ok here goes. Link is working. Fuck this is going to be painful.

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 12:00 PM
I'm scared.

Kdestiny
September 20th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I think I've got MMH week one if I remember correctly

Torn
September 20th, 2015, 1:05 PM
Great game Beefy. I'm gutted.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 1:06 PM
Insane game. That was so much more fun than playing the computer though.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 1:09 PM
I just realised I didn't punt once that whole game. Either scored or was picked.

Morrison
September 20th, 2015, 2:17 PM
thats why me ang torn werent too fussed about having all three of us in one division, cause the games against each other are so intense that they are basically playoff games. yeah, winning the super bowl is the ultimate goal and all, but in the end it should be more about having fun.

RFF Champ
September 20th, 2015, 2:47 PM
Just started second quarter and I've been intercepted twice, once for a td. I know a significant chunk of this is my fault but how much can I attribute to Fitzpatrick?

Morrison
September 20th, 2015, 2:50 PM
probably at least 50%.

though to be honest, who knows. rick decimated me with kyle fucking kolb, so it probably comes down to player skill and knowledge.

Beefy
September 20th, 2015, 2:55 PM
Just started second quarter and I've been intercepted twice, once for a td. I know a significant chunk of this is my fault but how much can I attribute to Fitzpatrick?

Some. There were seven interceptions in my game with Torn so I think the fact that we all suck has to be a contributory factor.

RFF Champ
September 20th, 2015, 3:22 PM
I lost 14-2. Where the two points came from is anyone's guess.

Taking solice from the fact that I lost my first few with the Seahawks last year.

Chris Dolmeth
September 20th, 2015, 3:34 PM
I lost 14-2. Where the two points came from is anyone's guess.

Safety

Mikey_Jones
September 20th, 2015, 4:14 PM
Starting my game against the CPU now: http://www.twitch.tv/themikechilds

Mikey_Jones
September 20th, 2015, 5:10 PM
Lost 34-10, EJ Manuel went for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns

The only highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3som-8wwEEs

MMH
September 20th, 2015, 6:23 PM
I think I've got MMH week one if I remember correctly

Yup you do, just let me know when is good for you.

Kdestiny
September 20th, 2015, 8:30 PM
I'm probably able to do something before 2pm my time (Central in US)

Grimario
September 20th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Won my opening game, 10-9. Kap threw 3 picks and ran for a TD on a 4th and goal from the 1 inch blade of grass. I swear Davis caught 3rd down in the end zone though. Hyde ran for ~150. Had 2 picks and a fumble recovery as well from the Vikings, held them without a TD. Woooo! Won't finish with a 0% record.

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 4:28 AM
Lost 34-10, EJ Manuel went for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns

The only highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3som-8wwEEs

:lol: to both! What a video

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 4:30 AM
Some. There were seven interceptions in my game with Torn so I think the fact that we all suck has to be a contributory factor.

Agreed. I can blame Matt Flynn but I also know I have Matt Flynn and should never be making these throws.

All my games against actual players in this league end up in heartbreaking losses :(

Beefy
September 21st, 2015, 6:45 AM
Breaking news... Houston Texans believed to have shit the bed about their QB performance in season opener and have agreed a trade for Eli Manning :eek:

Eli of course is coming off of a five TD performance and 140 passer rating against the Cowboys.

Beefy
September 21st, 2015, 6:48 AM
All my games against actual players in this league end up in heartbreaking losses :(

The computer games are much, much harder this year on All-Pro than they were on 15. There were certain plays which were always good for six yards last year but that doesn't seem the case now and the AI doesn't fall for the screen quite as much as players do.

Grimario
September 21st, 2015, 7:29 AM
The computer games are much, much harder this year on All-Pro than they were on 15. There were certain plays which were always good for six yards last year but that doesn't seem the case now and the AI doesn't fall for the screen quite as much as players do.

I had two screen plays in my game, both for negative yards. HB Toss was my big yard getter in the first half. 10-9, ffs.

Beefy
September 21st, 2015, 7:32 AM
Alex and Torn have been gaining big yardage using 'QB Sneak'.

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 7:44 AM

I fall for the screen every time as my defensive ability basically consists of me controlling a lineman and rushing the QB :(

Grimario
September 21st, 2015, 7:44 AM

I have 100% scoring record from the 1 inch yard with QB sneak. Be wary if I ever get that close, gents.

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 7:45 AM

Haha the sneak is a classic move to gain that 1 yard. I have no idea how to stop it. Matthew called I was going to do it in chat too :lol:

Beefy
September 21st, 2015, 7:49 AM
I fall for the screen every time as my defensive ability basically consists of me controlling a lineman and rushing the QB :(

You're really good at stopping the run though. You completely shut my RBs down which forced me to throw all the time.

Chris Dolmeth
September 21st, 2015, 9:27 AM
Screens are weird this year.. I do better against them with a blitz, than a zone.

I'll be able to play my game tonight after work.

Pablo Diablo
September 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/pabloeldiablos

I immediately regret this decision.

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
Great win!

Pablo Diablo
September 21st, 2015, 10:55 AM
That was big. Morrison for some reason I still had Curry on my team. Sent you the trade offer again. Kinda wish I had enabled auto-archiving the broadcast, turned out to be a good one. Including a ridiculous tipped interception the Redskins got off me.

MMH
September 21st, 2015, 1:41 PM
KD im around most of the evening if that works for you? Basically from now for another 6 hours or so.

Torn
September 21st, 2015, 1:45 PM
Slowly remembering crazy moments from mine and Beefy's insane game.. Watching Pablo earlier reminded me of the face mask penalty I somehow committed on a huge sack, also Beefy managing to recreate 'the catch' when I thought I had a pick was unreal.

Morrison
September 21st, 2015, 2:15 PM
That was big. Morrison for some reason I still had Curry on my team. Sent you the trade offer again. Kinda wish I had enabled auto-archiving the broadcast, turned out to be a good one. Including a ridiculous tipped interception the Redskins got off me.

yeah, when i hopped on to play torn the other day my game kept freezing and stuttering, and i accidentally declined the trade. i had sent the same one back, but whatever, i'll be sure not to muff it this time!

Kdestiny
September 21st, 2015, 3:04 PM
KD im around most of the evening if that works for you? Basically from now for another 6 hours or so.

I can sneak it in now if you're able

MMH
September 21st, 2015, 4:42 PM
Speaking of sneaking...they really need to fix the bloody QB sneak! Cant blame anyone for using it but god its frustrating!

Well played KD, 20-10.

Kdestiny
September 21st, 2015, 5:18 PM
I fumbled it way too often in the last game so it looks like they completely changed that this time

Morrison
September 21st, 2015, 7:32 PM
beat the falcons 20-13. made a bunch of huge trades to upgrade my team. in all, got peyton, whitner, brandon marshall and antonio cromartie, got rid of celek, carroll, ryan matthews, demeco ryans, kelce and bradford and a shit ton of draft picks.

DREAM TEAM.

passing game is still infuriating. threw three ints. bunch of passes just could not be brought in by receivers. run game was lovely with murray and sproles, which is a welcome change from my real life iggles. :(

Grimario
September 21st, 2015, 7:58 PM
beat the falcons 20-13. made a bunch of huge trades to upgrade my team. in all, got peyton, whitner, brandon marshall and antonio cromartie, got rid of celek, carroll, ryan matthews, demeco ryans, kelce and bradford and a shit ton of draft picks.

DREAM TEAM.

passing game is still infuriating. threw three ints. bunch of passes just could not be brought in by receivers. run game was lovely with murray and sproles, which is a welcome change from my real life iggles. ��

Celek, eh? Should have made me an offer, I could have run a pair of them at TE.

I am glad it's not just me that found the passing game against CPU tough.

The step up from Pro to All-Pro was a big one for me and I can't even hit the simplest slant routes now. I had one play yesterday where I had been dominating with the run for a bit so put in a PA that had three deep routes on the right... can't remember the specific play but one streak, one post and the TE does something halfway between a post and a deep slant. Was perfectly open in behind the zones and I overthrew him by about 15 and straight to the DB in the middle deep zone. No pressure in the pocket, no scrambling and just miles off target.

Morrison
September 22nd, 2015, 3:39 AM
yeah, the gap in my skills from pro to all-pro is frustrating, especially since it hasnt gotten much better even after playing an entire season on the difficulty. i ended up playing my final preseason game against the jets and made more completions with bradford than i did with peyton manning during the first game of the regular season. even with a 'declining' peyton, i don't see why that's happening. i play the skills trainer and do great, but it feels like that shit doesnt translate into the actual games.

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 3:42 AM
Rick won't answer my PM re: whether Beefy is ripping me off. Did Beefy get to you first Rick?

Morrison
September 22nd, 2015, 3:48 AM
who are you giving up for eli?

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 5:30 AM
Vince Wilfork.

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 5:55 AM
Just waiting for THE RICK now.

Morrison
September 22nd, 2015, 6:34 AM
if rick advances sometime early today, torn and i will likely play our game sometime in the late afternoon, which we'll stream.

Beefy
September 22nd, 2015, 7:00 AM
Rick won't answer my PM re: whether Beefy is ripping me off. Did Beefy get to you first Rick?

You came to me! You told me to name my price! Frankly you were open to getting ripped off.

Tbh I'm doing you a favour - the step up in defensive line is much smaller than the drop-off in QB I'd be taking. If you don't want Eli then stop messaging me trying to take him.

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 7:04 AM
Stop being sensitive. We've agreed the change but I was working last night so didn't get to my PS.

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 7:04 AM
And you came to me first.

Beefy
September 22nd, 2015, 7:25 AM
I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 7:26 AM
Beefy I feel like you could trade Eli for a lot more than what you are giving Alex!

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 8:21 AM
I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.

Alterations = rejected. Your call.

RFF Champ
September 22nd, 2015, 8:22 AM
Beefy I feel like you could trade Eli for a lot more than what you are giving Alex!

Believe me, he's tried.

Beefy
September 22nd, 2015, 8:57 AM
Alterations = rejected. Your call.

Your loss. I hope your running game is good.

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 9:21 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh

MMH
September 22nd, 2015, 9:39 AM
Alex I will trade you Drew Brees for your whole team?

Beefy
September 22nd, 2015, 9:42 AM
Lads it would be really, really appreciated if you could get your week two fixtures played by the end of this week. I'd love to be able to advance to week three and play my game before I head to the airport on Saturday morning.

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 9:59 AM
Basically The Rick hurry up so we can actually play Week 2!!

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
https://madden-assets-cdn.pulse.ea.com/madden16/social/48.png
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefterEA
Hearing it's 50/50 that Eli Manning gets moved to Texans. #rumormill

https://madden-assets-cdn.pulse.ea.com/madden16/social/51.png
Trey Wingo@WingozEA
I really don't believe Eli Manning is going anywhere. #FauxRumorMill

Torn
September 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
Trey Wingo@WingozEA
Russell Wilson threw as many TDs as I have fingers. And I have all five of my fingers. #FantasyFootballGold
Trey Wingo@WingozEA
R. Wilson had a performance you're more likely to see in Madden. Amazing day. #fourthwall
https://madden-assets-cdn.pulse.ea.com/madden16/social/27.png
Skip Bayless@SkipBaylessEA
Different physics applied to DeMarco Murray in his last game. Gravity was heavier for the Falcons.
Trey Wingo@WingozEA
E. Manning threw so many TDs today there should've been a welcome mat in the end zone.
https://madden-assets-cdn.pulse.ea.com/madden16/social/10.png
Ross Tucker@RossTuckerEA
No stopping Cardinals TD-machine RB David Johnson. Paydirt city.
https://madden-assets-cdn.pulse.ea.com/madden16/social/49.png
Mark Schlereth@MarkSchlerethEA
Ryan Fitzpatrick faltered, and fast. 3 INTs will have fans wondering if he'll rebound next week.