PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Judas Iscariot
August 30th, 2015, 7:35 PM
I know there are already threads for different leagues, but I'm sure many of us are in multiple leagues not involving the forums, and could talk, vent or ask advice in one thread without someone like me invading another thread. So feel free to post about your other leagues in here. I'll start off.

Had my first live draft of the season today, 7th pick in a ten team league. Standard scoring with an IDP and a flex. Walked away with this squad:

QB - Eli Manning
QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - CJ Anderson
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Lamar Miller
RB - Ameer Abdullah
RB - Arian Foster
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Jordan Matthews
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Steve Smith Sr.
TE - Travis Kelce
TE - Jason Witten
K - Josh Brown
IDP - Navarro Bowman
DST - Broncos

Not sure how I feel about it. Bowman is a risk/reward thing but the position isn't a big deal. Happy with my running backs and receivers, and I think Eli will put up numbers for when I picked him up, which I believe was the eighth round.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2015, 10:40 AM
QB - Ryan Tannehill
RB - Joique Bell
RB - Marshawn Lynch
WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Julian Edelman
TE - Scott Chandler
Defense - Texans
Kicker - Cody Parkey

That's my NFL UK Fantasy team.

Judas Iscariot
September 3rd, 2015, 3:07 AM
Had an auction draft online tonight. I hate online drafts so much, especially this one which I will detail below. PPR $200, keep a player from last year for what you paid (free agents automatically $10) so I had a starting budget of $190.

QB - Matt Ryan ($13)
QB - Jameis Winston ($5 - last pick, possibly just stored to be a keeper next year for $5)
RB - Jonathan Stewart ($10 keeper)
RB - CJ Anderson ($50)
RB - TJ Yeldon ($8)
RB - Doug Martin ($14)
RB - Devonta Freeman ($3)
WR - AJ Green ($50)
WR - Keenan Allen ($20)
WR - Roddy White ($6)
WR - Jordy Nelson ($9)*****
TE - Martellus Bennett ($8)
TE- Antonio Gates ($2)
K - Codey Parkey ($1)
DST - Vikings ($1)

***** I made the mistake to walk away for 2 minutes when apparently my next nomination was up, so the fucking auto thing kicked in, nominated Jordy Nelson, and everyone else in the league realizing my folly bid him up until I wasted fucking $9 on him. Totally threw me off as I was in a blind rage from then on, but oh well, nothing I can do about it. Made me so fucking angry. The funny thing is I was actually thinking of stashing him on my bench for $1 so I'd have a steal of a $1 keeper when he comes back next year. Instead with $5 left at the end of the draft, I dumped it on Winston.

Not too angry as this isn't my big money auction league but includes a few people that are in it tomorrow and uses the same rules but a different budget, so I use it as a barometer of what value they're placing on players.

Judas Iscariot
September 3rd, 2015, 3:10 AM
But yeah I fucking hate online drafts so much.

S.C.O.S.E.
September 18th, 2015, 12:53 PM
In my league I have been offered an injured Dez Bryant for Davonte Adams. What do you guys think? My WR depth means that I could possibly stick the waiting period, but unfortunately no one is certain how long that is. Thoughts?

Spedizzo
September 18th, 2015, 1:09 PM
I would estimate 5-8 or 6-8 weeks. Who are your other WR? Is Adams on your bench?

I would do it if you have good depth. If your team makes a run toward the playoffs (if you have a playoff system) Bryant can make the difference.

S.C.O.S.E.
September 18th, 2015, 1:14 PM
My WR's are Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson. Adams, Steve Johnson and Donte Moncrief. We have to play two but also have a flex.

Spedizzo
September 18th, 2015, 1:38 PM
You only have to play 2 and a Flex? In my league we have to play 3. Wow. I would definitely get Bryant and hold onto him so you can have Julio and Bryant later on.

Montcrief is going to have a role on the team even when Hilton is healthy. Stevie Johnson is good at putting up points. Jackson and Adams are WR3ish level.

Judas Iscariot
September 18th, 2015, 4:19 PM
What's your depth at other positions? You have to take into consideration Jones is probably going to miss a couple of games.

S.C.O.S.E.
September 18th, 2015, 4:55 PM
The roster in its entirety: Matt Ryan, Marshawn Lynch,Alfred Morris,Joseph Randle, Giovani Bernard, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Davonte Adams, Donte Moncrief, Stevie Johnson Jason Witten, Matt Bryant, Broncos D,

12 team keeper league.

S.C.O.S.E.
September 20th, 2015, 8:43 AM
He came back and asked for Donte Moncrief and I pulled the trigger. I'm hearing 10-12 weeks now which is a little worrying. I'm happy enough though because, injured or not, I just acquired the guy's first-round choice for someone I have literally only just grabbed off the waiver wire.

Spedizzo
September 21st, 2015, 11:39 AM
I'd be more concerned about who will be throwing the ball to Dez Bryant when he comes back.

But if you make it into the playoffs in your league, you have a class receiver now.

Hero!
September 23rd, 2015, 9:09 AM
Need help. Can't decide if I should play Blount or Forsett. Gut says Blount, projections say Forsett.

Spedizzo
September 23rd, 2015, 9:19 AM
Forsett.

You never have any idea what the Patriots will do with their gameplan or running backs. For all you know, they decide to use Bolden and he gets a majority of snaps this game. The only players right now on the Patriots I would consistently play would be Brady, Gronkowski, and Edelman.

Torn
September 23rd, 2015, 9:20 AM
Forsett and it's not close, Blount had 2 carries on his return and Lewis played the majority of snaps. Relying on a back who is only likely to get goal line carries and maybe not even that likely for those isn't ideal.

Hero!
September 27th, 2015, 6:24 PM
Need help. Can't decide if I should play Blount or Forsett. Gut says Blount, projections say Forsett.

Fuck me right???

Chris Dolmeth
September 30th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I'm really trying to bench Forsett but can't bring myself to do it. The struggle is real

Chris Dolmeth
October 4th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Andrew Luck is out.. No idea who I'm gonna start for him.

Fro
October 4th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I'm starting Bortles in my Rajah Cash league where I have Brady on bye.

Chris Dolmeth
October 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
It's between him and Kaepernick, leaning towards the latter

Fro
October 10th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Who should I start at flex, Kendall Wright or LaGarrette Blount? Standard scoring

Chris Dolmeth
October 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I'd probably go with Blount. That's a tough one though

LOCONUT
October 10th, 2015, 3:01 PM
Blount is fucking terrible.

Judas Iscariot
October 10th, 2015, 3:17 PM
Wright absolutely

Chris Dolmeth
October 10th, 2015, 3:30 PM
Bount gets the goal line carries though, and the Cowboys love giving up rushing TDs.

Kdestiny
October 10th, 2015, 4:13 PM
I'd go Blount for sure

Fro
October 10th, 2015, 7:16 PM
Yea I think I'll roll with Blount. I don't love the matchup @Dallas but the Patriots offense is a well oiled machined coming off the bye and I trust them to put up numbers again.

Judas Iscariot
October 28th, 2015, 3:20 PM
Been proposed a trade:

I send Adrian Peterson and Anqun Boldin for Brandon Marshal and Justin Forsett

Current lineup (PPR):

Aaron Rodgers
Adrian Peterson
Jonathan Stewart
Shane Vereen
Keenan Allen
Anquan Boldin
Martellus Bennett

Do I pull the trigger and shore up my WRs? Forsett isn't too far behind AP in PPR and Marshall is well beyond Boldin.

Fro
October 28th, 2015, 3:43 PM
I can tell just by your questions that you wouldn't cut it in the Rajah Cash League

Judas Iscariot
October 28th, 2015, 4:05 PM
I'm a very deliberate scaredy cat with trades and never make them and think about them too much.

Fro
October 28th, 2015, 4:28 PM
I think it seems like a pretty balanced trade and I would accept it

Morrison
October 28th, 2015, 5:38 PM
I'm a very deliberate scaredy cat with trades and never make them and think about them too much.

your reasoning at the end is perfect. you peterson for forsett is vasically a wash and you insanely upgrade with marshall. no brainer.

hithit
October 28th, 2015, 6:06 PM
do it judas.

Judas Iscariot
October 28th, 2015, 6:15 PM
Thank you. I swear trades give me such anxiety I never really bother with them. Yes I am a freak.

Fro
October 28th, 2015, 7:59 PM
Making trades is anxiety-inducing but it's also fun. I enjoy the thrill of the negotiation.

So here's a fantasy question, do I start Blount tomorrow night vs Miami or the newly anointed Dallas starter Darren McFadden vs Seattle? I'm thinking if Dion Lewis plays I'll sit Blount and roll with McFadden. If Dion is out, I'm unsure.

Hero!
October 29th, 2015, 1:28 PM
Which defense should I go with this week: Seahawks or Patriots?

Fro
October 29th, 2015, 1:38 PM
Seattle

Judas Iscariot
October 29th, 2015, 2:51 PM
I have no idea who you start there Fro. If Lewis starts go with DMC, if he doesn't then bank on Blounts TV potential.

Kneeneighbor
October 29th, 2015, 5:00 PM
LaGarret Blount
Eddie Lacey
Ameer Abdula
Danny Woodhead

Pick 3

Fro
October 29th, 2015, 7:37 PM
I honestly don't know who Ameer Abdula is so I'm gonna say sit him

Chris Dolmeth
October 29th, 2015, 7:39 PM
He's a rookie RB for the Lions

TimeSplitter
October 29th, 2015, 8:41 PM
I'm so glad my team revolves around the Brady-Gronk connection

Fro
October 30th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Getting Brady in the 7th round, which is what I did in both of my cash leagues, was basically the fantasy cheat code this year. I'm frankly not sure how other players let it happen. My whole draft strategy was designed around getting him late.

Chris Dolmeth
November 5th, 2015, 10:01 AM
This week blows, over half my team is on bye. It's fun trying to piece together a lineup.

Kneeneighbor
November 5th, 2015, 4:43 PM
Getting Brady in the 7th round, which is what I did in both of my cash leagues, was basically the fantasy cheat code this year. I'm frankly not sure how other players let it happen. My whole draft strategy was designed around getting him late.

I got him at the end of the 4th round of a 14 team league. In that league they give 6 for a TD pass. He is single handedly winning me games.

Chris Dolmeth
November 15th, 2015, 1:41 PM
Quick guys! Barnidge with Johnny Fuckface at QB or Kelce vs Denver.

Chris Scott
November 16th, 2015, 7:26 PM
What did you go with in the end?

S.C.O.S.E.
December 2nd, 2015, 4:18 PM
Stafford against the Pack or Fitzpatrick against the Giants?

Kneeneighbor
December 2nd, 2015, 4:21 PM
Stafford

Kdestiny
December 2nd, 2015, 4:39 PM
Agreed, I just picked him up