Bad Collin
August 25th, 2015, 4:30 AM
Simon isn't doing his job so I am stepping in:

If things go well...

Being realistic...

Worst case scenario...

It's a big season for...

Keep an eye out for this young lad...

Between now and Deadline Day, we need...

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2015, 4:36 AM
If things go well...

If others struggle and we avoid injuries there is an outside chance of a title bid.

Being realistic...

Fifth or sixth, maybe a battle for fourth.

Worst case scenario...

Injuries. Manager sacked. Turmoil. Mid table finish.

It's a big season for...

Daniel Sturridge. He needs to stay fit and get back scoring goals.

Joe Gomez looks utter class and he is playing out of position at the moment.

I think we're ok unless someone incredible becomes available.

Romford Pele
August 25th, 2015, 4:42 AM
If things go well...

The title. A man can dream.

Being realistic...

Probably 3rd or 4th again, perhaps with a domestic cup

Worst case scenario...

5th or 6th, no trophy and Sanchez goes to Chelsea.

It's a big season for...

Theo Walcott. Time to justify that £140k a week buddy.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide. Looks assured beyond his years on the ball, great vision.

Top class striker (Benzema or Cavani would be nice)
Defensive midfielder to compete with Le Coq.

Ringo
August 25th, 2015, 5:16 AM
If things go well...

Champions. The start to the season turns out to be a blip due to poor fitness. Ivanovic gets dropped in favour of Azpi with Baba moving into the LB slot. Matic and Fabregas recapture their form. We sign John Stones and Paul Pogba. Costa scores 30 goals. Hazard and Pedro battle it out for the Ballon D'Or etc.

Being realistic...

Based on the performances in the first three games, I'd be surprised if we finished 2nd. But being realistic, 2nd. City look much much better and have two huge signings coming in.

Worst case scenario...

Huge bust up. Mourinho walks. Freshly sacked Rafa Benitez takes over and we finish 5th.

It's a big season for...

Not a player: Jose Mourinho. I'm not sure the Terry substitution was a big deal but the public criticism of the medical staff was unnecessary and all the hysteria about the dreaded third season could have some weight.

As for players, Diego Costa? If he stays fit he could be the league's top scorer. If he doesn't, we might find ourselves looking for a new striker next summer.

Keep an eye out for Ruben Loftus-Cheek sitting on the bench. I imagine he'll be there all season. Or watch Vitesse - there's 5 of them there right now.

Pace at the back and another midfielder.

MMH
August 25th, 2015, 5:22 AM
I thought this had already been done for some reason.... oh well....

If things go well... Challenge for the top 4 like two season ago. We have everyone from that season in our squad right now so no reason we cant compete.

Being realistic... Challenging for the Europa League.

Worst case scenario... We sleep walk into obscurity. Last season was fairly grim as whenever seemed to learn. We are far too easy to play against as teams just press us high up the pitch meaning we cant go anywhere, pass the ball around for an hour before Tim Howard lets in the only shot of the game because hes shit.

It's a big season for... John Stones I suppose. Lots of fuss is being made over him and the press seem to be determined to sell him to Chelsea by making things up and tossing out arbitrary valuations for him. I think he will stay unless Chelsea make us a staggering offer for him and if he does stay he will need to show why we have so much faith in him. Lukaku is a a big one too. Didnt really fire on all cylinders last season. He has got tons of ability and just needs to be a bit more consistent with it. We also need to use him better.

Keep an eye out for this young lad... Brendan Galloway is probably the main one. He has played a few games as a makeshift left back now. Hes a centre back by trade and is strong and fast and loves to bomb forward. Ryan Ledson may get a game or too as well.

Between now and Deadline Day, we need. A marquee signing. Deulofeu and Cleverley are good signings but we need a big name. Yarmalenko would be perfect but that one looks full of twists and turns. We probably need another striker but its hard to convince a good striker to come and and server as back up to Lukaku. Oh and centre backs. We have Stones and Jagielka as the only CBs with first team experience. Browning and Galloway are centre backs but still young and unproven. We could do with a journeyman yard dog.
Oh and a goalkeeper. Wont happen but Tim Howard is out biggest problem for me right now and has been for a while. He makes mistakes every single game and barely saves anything these days yet can con people into thinking he is good by pulling off a good acrobatic save once in a while. Robles should be our number 1 for now and im not even convinced he is that good either.