PDA

View Full Version : Excel Question

MMH
August 4th, 2015, 6:33 AM
I am trying to create a big spreadsheet for a salesperson and need to drag through some data from another page on the spreadsheet....

So on the first page I have a drop down list using data validation. This works well enough. Basically I enter a postcode and a list of clients from that postcode appear in a drop down menu. Thats perfect. What i want to know is if it is possible to also pull through the corresponding telephone number automatically.

So on the data entry sheet I have mas an example....

Postcode WA
Client Address
Client Phone Number

Company A, 123 Rajah Street WA2 6BG

Company B, 124 Rajah Street WA2 6BG

Company C, 125 Rajah Street WA2 6BG

And on the raw data sheet I have...

Company A, 123 Rajah Street WA2 6BG
0151 288 3352

Company B, 124 Rajah Street WA2 6BG
0151 288 3353

Company C, 125 Rajah Street WA2 6BG
0151 288 3354

So is there any way for the Client Phone Number column to automatically fill the telephone number adjacent to the data being pulled through on the raw data sheet? I know how to bring it through from a drop down but I want it to automatically fill the phone number part once the drop down is selected on the client address list.

Does that make any sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LOCONUT
August 4th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Can you just merge the cells so it populates as 1 line?

Reech
August 4th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Use a VLOOKUP.

=VLOOKUP(Client Address, Raw Data Sheet(use the whole data range), Column Offset1, FALSE)

Reech
August 4th, 2015, 11:40 AM
If you have an example spreadsheet you want to send over my way, I can set it up and you can re-use it in your proper sheet?

MMH
August 4th, 2015, 6:03 PM
If you have an example spreadsheet you want to send over my way, I can set it up and you can re-use it in your proper sheet?

I should have just asked you straight away come to think of it :yes:

Cheers shall have a look in work tomorrow to see if it works and if not shall let you know :yes:

MMH
August 4th, 2015, 6:04 PM
Can you just merge the cells so it populates as 1 line?

Yeah I did that for the address but I needed the phone numbers to be in a different cell as it will make things easier in the long run if not right away.

Matthew
August 4th, 2015, 7:58 PM
https://forums.rajah.com/member.php?13020-Excel you can contact him here. that is what the pm system was made for you shit

LOCONUT
August 4th, 2015, 8:15 PM
Stfu matthew

Matthew
August 4th, 2015, 8:33 PM
you ain't gonna hold me down you bitch

Matthew
August 4th, 2015, 8:33 PM
besides banning me.

Matthew
August 5th, 2015, 11:57 PM
which you didn't. good thing though, i'll allow you to keep your life now