July 26th, 2015, 1:23 AM
Way better showing than Tanahashi pulled off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scLw5hl29wA

JRSlim21
July 26th, 2015, 6:12 PM
Sasuke > American Ninja Warrior

Hero!
July 27th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I love seeing wrestlers on Sasuke. Ibushi did beautifully.

Honey_Badger
July 27th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I have actually been on a Kota Ibushi kick as of late. I watched Ibushi/Devitt - Wrestle Kingdom 8, Okada/Ibushi - Strong Style 42, Ishii/Ibushi - Return to Yokohama, Ibushi/Ricochet - Dominion 6-21, Ibushi/Nakamura - WK9 and Styles/Ibushi - Invasion Attack over the weekend.

The obvious choice for best match out of those 6 was the Nakumara match from Wrestle Kingdom 9. Honestly, that may be my favorite Japenese match of all time. If there is some standout match I am missing, please let me know, because if a match tops that one I'd love, love to watch it.

That said, I greatly enjoyed the Ricochet match. I watched Ricochet perform as Prince Puma in Lucha this past week and slowly began favoring him a lot. The match was fast paced and fun.

All in all, Ibushi is a pimp and easily my second favorite Japenese star behind Nakumara.

Cewsh
July 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
The best was when Tanahashi did this. He was hillariously awful.

Hero!
July 27th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Knees are usually required for this kind of competition.

Ringo
July 27th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I absolutely love the Ibushi/Nakamura match but I don't think it'd be THAT high on my all-time Japanese list. Up there with the best of the 21st century though.

Tainted Eclipse
July 27th, 2015, 11:42 AM
if you really prefer the modern kind japanese style with lots of innovative, athletic spots i can see thinking it's the best match of all time.

Cewsh
July 27th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I love that match, and I would put literally every Tanahashi/Okada match ahead of it.

Honey_Badger
July 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I absolutely love the Ibushi/Nakamura match but I don't think it'd be THAT high on my all-time Japanese list. Up there with the best of the 21st century though.

What are some of the better matches you'd recommend? I'm very foreign to Japenese wrestling in many aspects. My viewership consists of YouTube and Daily Motion. I reference ProFightDB for most of my choices.

if you really prefer the modern kind japanese style with lots of innovative, athletic spots i can see thinking it's the best match of all time.

Yeah, this is pretty much me to a T.

DDT
July 28th, 2015, 10:56 PM
I love that match, and I would put literally every Tanahashi/Okada match ahead of it.

Even the first one? ​:wtf:

Cewsh
July 30th, 2015, 9:14 PM
Yep.

DDT
July 31st, 2015, 7:58 PM
That match sucked. On a very objective level. Crowd certainly didn't help.

Defrost
July 31st, 2015, 11:26 PM
That match sucked. On a very objective level. Crowd certainly didn't help.

Are you talking Okada's young lion send off or the Rainmaker Shock? Because match quality can be subjective, but the crowd was hot for the Rainmaker Shock.

Kotre
August 2nd, 2015, 7:40 AM
The best was when Tanahashi did this. He was hillariously awful.
I remember Tiger Mask IV being not embarassing, but also not very good at all. A metaphor for his career, really.