PDA

View Full Version : UFC ON FOX: DILLASHAW V. BARAO 2

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2015, 9:56 AM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wI6QpqucGhlEMHI7ClErhdk0lRY=/129x0:1069x627/730x487/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46663740/fight-night-chicago-tickets-on-sale_534289_OpenGraphImage.0.0.png

MAIN CARD
MAIN EVENT (FOX)
UFC BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
TJ DILLASHAW V. RENAN BARAO

CO-MAIN EVENT
WOMEN'S BANTAMWEIGHT (Rumored #1 contender figiht)
MIESHA TATE V. JESSICA EYE

EDSON BARBOZA V. PAUL FELDER (LW)
JOE LAUZON V. TAKANORI GOMI (LW)

PRELIMS (FOX)
GIAN VILLANTE V. TOM LAWLOR (LHW)
JIM MILLER V. DANNY CASTILLO (LW)
KENNY ROBERTSON V. BEN SAUNDERS (WW)
EDDIE WINELAND V. BRYAN CARAWAY (BW)

PRELIMS (FIGHT PASS)
DARON CRUICKSHANK V. JAMES KRAUSE
RAMSEY NIJEM V. ANDREW HOLBROOK
JESSAMYN DUKE V. ELIZABETH PHILLIPS
ZAK CUMMINGS V. DOMINIQUE STEELE

Nash Diesel
July 21st, 2015, 9:59 AM
This is a very very good card. It was originally supposed to feature fighters such as Anthony Pettis, Miles Jury,Khabilov, and Erik Koch but injuries and Khabilov's visa issues prevented that from happening. I mean it's so stacked an exciting guy like Cruickshank is on FIGHT PASS. Very excited for this Saturday.

Percussion
July 25th, 2015, 11:15 PM
So that Dillashaw kid's pretty alright, huh?

kangus
July 25th, 2015, 11:23 PM
He looked fucking goooooooooood tonight. Wow. Just like everyone else I'd really like to see how Cruz/Dillashaw would go.

Percussion
July 25th, 2015, 11:37 PM
I think the mat may actually catch fire from all the movement between the two of them.

kangus
July 26th, 2015, 4:01 PM
Herb Dean had somewhat of an off night hey? I thought the Barao stoppage was about 3-4 punches too late and earlier Joe Lauzon, classy guy that he is, had to stop the fight himself because Herb wasn't stepping in.

Nash Diesel
July 27th, 2015, 1:10 PM
Great performance from TJ. If there were any doubters prior, they have been silenced. It wasn't even close, Renan gassing basically half way through the first round sucked. Probably needs to move up to 155.

Tate=awesome. Not exactly jacked up for a 3rd Rousey fight but a lot of people have said if there's a fighter who could beat Rousey, it's Tate.

Killer B Saunders is fun to watch but Jesus that dude reminds me of like a Nate Quarry or Tim Credeaur, getting their asses beat and then pulling off the big win. Lawlor with a big upset win at 205, I thought he killed the dude as fast as his neck spun after getting cracked.

All in all the fights were pretty damn good

Chris Scott
July 27th, 2015, 1:14 PM
Brilliant performance by TJ, loved watching him.

Percussion
July 27th, 2015, 1:24 PM
Great performance from TJ. If there were any doubters prior, they have been silenced. It wasn't even close, Renan gassing basically half way through the first round sucked. Probably needs to move up to 155.

145?

Nash Diesel
July 27th, 2015, 1:29 PM
145?

Woops that's what I meant. I know he's had his reservations with moving up because of Aldo being at 145 and they train together but I could see Aldo moving up to 155 sooner than later, maybe after the McGregor fight, and then Renan can move up to 145. I just know his weight cut is tough, shit that last time when him and TJ were supposed to fight he had to be admitted to the hospital the day of the weigh ins.

Percussion
July 27th, 2015, 1:36 PM
Woops that's what I meant. I know he's had his reservations with moving up because of Aldo being at 145 and they train together but I could see Aldo moving up to 155 sooner than later, maybe after the McGregor fight, and then Renan can move up to 145. I just know his weight cut is tough, shit that last time when him and TJ were supposed to fight he had to be admitted to the hospital the day of the weigh ins.

He's stated the only reason he cuts to bantam is because Aldo's had 145 locked up for so long. That he actually walks around a bit heavier than Aldo in fact. I don't know the dynamic of Barao and Nova Uniao or his family and all the things that go with that stuff, but if I'm him I may be considering telling Aldo he can kick fucking rocks if he doesn't want to move up himself and that this thing may just have to come to a head at some point. 135 is far too ridiculous a cut for him anymore and 155 should be out of the question.

The Aldo/McGregor shitstorm will have everything to say about all that, but everyone's got to look out for number one at some point, and that certainly includes Barao.

Nash Diesel
July 27th, 2015, 2:00 PM
Exactly. Honestly, I think win, lose, or draw, after Aldo-McGregor, Aldo should move up to 155. He's talked about it quite a bit over the years and I'm sure as you get older it's more difficult to cut weight while performing at their peak.

Mik
July 28th, 2015, 7:21 AM
I quite like Dillashaw, but I'd love to see Cruz come back and batter him.