PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Booking - "Time for a change" - TNA Impact Jan 4th 2010

MJH1986
July 11th, 2015, 11:10 AM
How would you re-book the show if you could do it all over again?

Here is the original card;

Steel Asylum match: Homicide v. Kiyoshi v. Jay Lethal v. Consequences Creed v. Alex Shelley v. Chris Sabin v. Suicide v. Amazing Red

TNA Knockouts Title: Tara v. ODB

TNA Knockouts Tag title: Sarita & Taylor Wilde v. Awesome Kong & Hamada

Raven & Dr. Stevie v. Matt Morgan & Hernandez

Desmond Wolfe v. Pope D’Angelo Dinero

Abyss v. Samoa Joe

TNA World title: AJ Styles v. Kurt Angle

(The British Invasion were Tag Champs at the time.)

It was a very angle heavy show; I am not necessarily expecting people to recall who was on the roster or everything that happened, but just for shits and giggles how would you re-book things if you had the chance.

Mills
July 11th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Match wise, only change I would make is have the steel asylum match be ultimate x, have it be the mcmgs, lethal, creed and suicide. homicide can do a run in after before Hardy makes hos appearance. It's the angles that sucked. Get rid of the nasty boys, neo, that crap

Cewsh
July 11th, 2015, 1:25 PM
I'll have a go at a new card here. We're looking at a whole new audience, many of whom have either not seen TNA before, or who stopped watching ages before and need to be enticed back. So make it a best of the old/best of the new kind of thing. Something for everyone.

One of the mistakes this show made was trying to shove so much spectacle and excess into one show that it diluted what was good about it. Less is more.

The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships
Taylor Wilde and Sarita (c) vs. Awesome Kong and Hamada

TNA X-Division Championship
Amazing Red (c) vs. Abyss

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

AJ retains the title, and Jeff Hardy walks out at the end of the show to challenge him. Dirt simple booking that carries interest through to the next show, puts over your champion and hypes a dream match.

MJH1986
July 12th, 2015, 4:28 AM
One of the mistakes this show made was trying to shove so much spectacle and excess into one show that it diluted what was good about it. Less is more.

I completely agree.

My card would have been;

TNA World Tag Team Championship
The British Invasion (c) vs. Team 3D

TNA Knockouts Championship
Tara (c) vs. Awesome Kong

TNA X-Division Championship Ultimate-X Match
Amazing Red (c) vs. Chris Sabin vs. Suicide (Frankie Kazarian.)

Number #1 Contenders Match for the TNA World Championship @ Genesis 2010
Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. Daniels

I would have it be a really match heavy show until the number #1 contenders match, with just a few backstage segments and interviews - then I would end with Hogan & Bichoff in the ring doing their typical long promo, they could call out AJ Styles and really put him over only for them to introduce Jeff Hardy and confirm that it would be Jeff vs. AJ in a non-title match next week.

I think that would have garnered interest more for the next show and those matches would have delivered great things.