PDA

View Full Version : Most Boss Method of Winning vs a Drug Tester

Mark Hammer
July 5th, 2015, 2:42 PM
These are all methods which have been used by UFC fighters to bail on a drug test. Which is the best one?

Mark Hammer
July 5th, 2015, 2:50 PM
Should have included a 5th option "play dumb and blame your doctor", a known method of PED users Bigfoot and Anderson Silva.

Mik
July 5th, 2015, 3:31 PM
The Cung Le and Wanderlai Silva methods should be on here too.

Mark Hammer
July 5th, 2015, 4:14 PM
Wanderlei Silva was the one that escaped out the back door of his gym.

Ah yes, Cung Le... option 6 should read "Quit and file a lawsuit against the UFC."

I totally screwed this poll up because I just remembered another... allegedly Jon Jones hid under the cage to avoid a random drug tester. That is pretty boss.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Ah if only senseless fighter bashing=the same result on other message boards i.e. instant banning. The agenda is super fucking thick lol.

Cung Le?

Maybe you should do some homework on that situation.

Mark Hammer
July 6th, 2015, 3:54 PM
How is this "senseless fighter bashing" you buffoon? These are actual cases that actually happened. And not all of them are Brazilian :eek:. So maybe you're just stupid and I dislike drug cheats regardless of their nationality.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 4:35 PM
How is this "senseless fighter bashing" you buffoon? These are actual cases that actually happened. And not all of them are Brazilian :eek:. So maybe you're just stupid and I dislike drug cheats regardless of their nationality.

Let's see....

You created a thread stemming from your allegations about Jose Aldo's recent random testing situation, you're the only one who voted and coincidentally it was also based on your allegations about Aldo's drug testing situation.

You mentioned Cung Le. Read up on that one. You mentioned Jon Jones. Read up on that one as well because that was some one time only straight up rumor bullshit someone kicked around when Jones got popped for cocaine.

Not to mention, you were such a strong supporter of Chael Sonnen, going to bat for him multiple times during his Anderson Silva feud (sounds like some WWE posting there doesn't it lol) but yet you rip on Vitor left and right for using TRT yet showed zero negative emotion toward Chael Sonnen even after the whole Wanderlai-Chael build up where Chael was popped for like 7 different drugs and then "retired" so he could "start a family". The writing is on the wall and I think we need to have this thread taken down. It's bad enough we go around and around with certain subjects, by making this thread you're just asking for negative attention.

Mark Hammer
July 6th, 2015, 4:47 PM
I'm going to run the idea of a "Mark Hammer" subforum to the admin team, that way you can talk about me 24/7 and you won't have to derail countless threads to do so.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 4:58 PM
How am I derailing this thread? Everything I've mentioned pertains to this thread lol. If you don't want people to direct posts toward you in threads that YOU started, maybe you should stop posting/making threads. My bad for telling you to check your facts before you start fighter bashing.

Mark Hammer
July 6th, 2015, 5:28 PM
Not to mention, you were such a strong supporter of Chael Sonnen, going to bat for him multiple times during his Anderson Silva feud (sounds like some WWE posting there doesn't it lol)

Just noticed this, you've got me confused with someone else broseph. I'm not a hypocrite like you (Chael = bad, Cyborg = good), I dislike drug cheats equally and regardless of nationality or who I'm a fan of.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 5:32 PM
Just noticed this, you've got me confused with someone else broseph. I'm not a hypocrite like you (Chael = bad, Cyborg = good), I dislike drug cheats equally and regardless of nationality or who I'm a fan of.

No I didn't confuse you with anyone. How am I hypocrite? My dislike for Chael has ZERO to do with his steroid usage. I do find it comical that he failed for several different drugs while ranting about Wanderlai, but that doesn't mean I dislike him because he used roids, I dislike him just for being Chael Sonnen lol.

I'm just confused as to how you can dislike drug cheats when you yourself are a known steroid user.

Mark Hammer
July 6th, 2015, 5:38 PM
I've never been a diehard Sonnen fan. So either you're confused or you're lying.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I never said you were a diehard, I said you were a strong supporter during the Anderson Silva fights.

The way I see it, if you've used steroids or still use steroids, you can't talk shit about anyone else doing the same exact thing or even allude to someone to the point of creating a bogus thread where roiders try to point fingers at people who have never failed i.e. Jose Aldo. What was even the point of this thread beyond that, if you wanted to talk more shit about Aldo you could've just left it in the other thread...??

Mark Hammer
July 7th, 2015, 10:58 AM
You said I was a Sonnen fan who went to bat for him leading up to the Silva fights. Which is a lie, you are confused often.

Dig up the threads, then when you've read each and every page and see that I have NEVER been a Chael Sonnen fan (in fact I didn't even think he deserved his first title shot against Silva) come back on your hands and knees and apologize to daddy.

Mik
July 7th, 2015, 11:16 AM
We can have a thread about this (not that there is much discussion to be had in this thread to be honest), but we cant have a thread where you two bitch about each other. So lets either get back to talking about the topic or let the topic die, or I'll close it.

Those are the only three options.

Simon
July 7th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Diego Maradona got round a drug test once by having a fake penis made and filling it with someone else's clean piss.

http://news.sky.com/story/234493/maradonas-fake-manhood-goes-missing

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2015, 11:19 AM
My warning was pretty clear. If you want to debate this issue, do it in private.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2015, 11:20 AM
We can have a thread about this (not that there is much discussion to be had in this thread to be honest), but we cant have a thread where you two bitch about each other. So lets either get back to talking about the topic or let the topic die, or I'll close it.

Those are the only three options.

I'd just fucking close it, there's already a thread about people getting busted for PED usage why do we need one that was literally made to slander Jose Aldo?

Mik
July 7th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Because someone has made a thread that isnt against the rules and now I'm going to leave it open to see what happens to it. It might generate some good discussion and be worthwhile, it might not and in which case it'll slip off the page, or you two might continue babbling on at each other, if so I will lock it.

Mark Hammer
July 7th, 2015, 2:04 PM
I'd just fucking close it, there's already a thread about people getting busted for PED usage why do we need one that was literally made to slander Jose Aldo?

You are such a dipshit.

Sorry Mik, do what you feel you need to. But Jesus fuck, how was this thread created to slander Aldo and not Overeem, Jones, Cung Le, etc? I don't have much patience for this clown.

Mark Hammer
July 7th, 2015, 2:05 PM
Though statistically we are in agreement that Aldo's method was the most boss.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2015, 2:34 PM
You are such a dipshit.

Sorry Mik, do what you feel you need to. But Jesus fuck, how was this thread created to slander Aldo and not Overeem, Jones, Cung Le, etc? I don't have much patience for this clown.

Ah the name calling, gotta love it.

Anyway, Mik's right, you're not breaking any rules and while I have my opinion on your intentions with this thread I guess as I said in the other PEDs thread this shit just screams SHERDOG and I hate that fucking place.

It would be cool though if you did some homework before ranting i.e. Cung Le, Jon Jones, neither of those statements hold weight considering Cung Le was fucked over and the Jones one was just a rumor.

Mark Hammer
July 7th, 2015, 2:52 PM
Don't tail me around the forums taking personal shots if you're so sensitive to name calling.

Nash Diesel
July 7th, 2015, 2:56 PM
Don't tail me around the forums taking personal shots if you're so sensitive to name calling.

It's not tailing you around this forum, we're like 2 of 4 people who consistently post so it's not my problem if you make a comment or a thread and I reply to it. I'm not sensitive to name calling, but how about you up the maturity level when you get confronted? I mean shit if you would rather just get banned for a few more days then keep at it, Mik isn't the only mod around here and since he could give a fuck less about what YOU have to say I'm sure someone will eventually get sick of your adolescent approach to everything.

OD50
July 8th, 2015, 6:14 AM
Here's the latest on the Aldo urine test saga..

Mosier arrived in Brazil on June 10 at approximately 10 a.m. local time. At 1:29 p.m., Mosier attempted to contact Aldo's team to collect the sample. Aldo's coach, Andre Pederneiras, returned Mosier's call at approximately 1:51 p.m. and said he would attempt to locate Aldo. Efforts were unsuccessful, and Mosier and Pederneiras arranged for the test to be done the following day at 10:30 a.m. at Aldo's training facility.

Aldo, 28, arrived at the gym on June 11 at approximately 10:30 a.m., at which point a urine test was conducted. Pederneiras was not present for the collection, but another one of Aldo's trainers was and served to translate. A camera crew was also present during the collection process. All reports by Drug Free Sport note that Aldo was "very cooperative" during the process.

As written in the reports, Aldo's second trainer stopped Mosier from processing the sample at approximately 11:15 a.m., due to a request he received from Pederneiras to be there to oversee it. Pederneiras arrived at the gym at approximately 11:30 a.m., at which point he contacted CABMMA to see if the Brazilian commission was aware of the test. Pederneiras has corroborated this in public interviews.

At approximately the same time, an off-duty Brazilian federal police officer training at the gym confiscated Mosier's passport and informed him his visa allowed him to conduct business in Brazil, but not collect urine samples. Reports indicate CABMMA representative Christiano Sampaio arrived at the training facility and "halted the test, claiming the test was not being conducted in accordance to Brazilian MMA procedures."

A local Brazilian doping control officer, who had been contacted to assist Drug Free Sport to ensure quality and coordinate the shipping of the sample, traveled to the gym and attempted to perform the test as a Brazilian resident. Sampaio reportedly informed Drug Free Sport chief operating officer Chris Guinty, however, that only a CABMMA collection officer would be allowed to collect the sample.

A second test was scheduled to take place at the gym on June 12, conducted by a CABMMA doping officer and monitored by Mosier. The test was scheduled to take place between 8:30-9 a.m. On June 12, Aldo did not arrive at the gym at the scheduled time. Drug Free Sport officials were informed Aldo was not present because he was at the U.S. embassy in Brazil, obtaining a visa required to travel to Las Vegas. Aldo arrived at the gym at 11:40 a.m.

A previously scheduled shipping time of noon was changed to 2:00 p.m. After spilling one urine sample at 11:49 a.m., Aldo provided an adequate sample at 12:29 p.m., which was shipped to the lab at approximately 1:40 p.m.

According to notes on more than one report, the CABMMA doping officer who conducted the test, requested an autograph and picture with the fighter upon the completion of the test. Aldo granted both requests.
This seems like such a mess.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2015, 9:26 AM
Does it even matter as long as he pisses clean? What are people looking for with this? He's never failed a piss test in his entire career to my knowledge. The media looking to exploit something that isn't there and people getting hooked in looking down on one of the top fighters of this generation and for what reason?

Mark Hammer
July 8th, 2015, 4:05 PM
He pissed clean after destroying the first sample and showing up 3 hours late to the re-scheduling. Yes it does matter.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2015, 4:26 PM
Must've ordered that magic piss you find in the back of High Times. My buddy used that shit, had it overnighted to him, it came FROZEN and he had to thaw it out in the microwave then tape it to his ribs. Worked better than having the neighbor girl piss in a bag for him.

Nash Diesel
July 8th, 2015, 4:35 PM
These people who are administering these tests need to be held accountable as well. Cung Le, read up on it. Jon Jones, they fucked him over (in hindsight it was a good thing obviously but still, they fucked up). So again, I get it, just read the article as they think it matters if Aldo gave his guy an autograph and a picture, that's just adding to it and it SELLS because so many people want to point fingers especially when it's a subject they should be pointing their fingers at a mirror you know what I'm saying? You know there's some cokehead out there jumping up and down that Jon Jones got busted for cocaine or some roider who was all excited to read Anderson failed a piss test for PEDs. I see it all the time with people who drink a lot and knock me for smoking weed.

Mark Hammer
July 8th, 2015, 5:48 PM
I'm aware of the Cung Le situation but I don't think I'm with his side of the story.

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I'm aware of the Cung Le situation but I don't think I'm with his side of the story.

It's not so much is side of the story, it's the whole fact that the testing lab didn't test him properly and then destroyed the blood sample, which lead to the UFC reversing their decision to suspend him. So again, it's not just the fighters who need to be held accountable it's the people involved with the testing as well.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I'm actually listening to Victor Conte right now (of BALCO fame) and he said one of his currents clients are (were) Cung Le. The podcast is from 2012 but I find it interesting that Le used to work with the former Don of performance enhancers in sports. He talks about how he administers the proper nutrients and supplements to his athletes, like salt water and ZMA..

https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/73660/w640xh480_USPW_439653.jpg?ts=1412127693

to..

http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/CungLeUFC.gif
Hook me up with some of that salt water Victor..

Mark Hammer
July 9th, 2015, 1:44 PM
Seriously. I agree that the testers should be as diligent as possible but it's hard for me to feel sorry for these "victimized" fighters when, well, just take a look at those pics.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 1:48 PM
Conte also was the nutritionist for Kyle Kingsbury, I lol'd when I google'd for pics of him and the first one was this...

http://imguol.com/2012/09/30/apesar-do-rosto-ferido-kyle-kingsbury-sorri-na-derrota-para-jimi-manuwa-1349003330061_308x463.jpg

Seriously, hook me up with that sea salt of yours Victor!

And maybe it''s just me, but I definitely see some suspiciously puffy nipples in this pic..

http://cdn.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/KingsburyLawlor631TUF8.jpeg

He also helped Josh Thomson with nutrition..

http://blog.opovo.com.br/clubedaluta/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2013/04/Thomson-Josh.jpg

Nash Diesel
July 9th, 2015, 1:50 PM
What fight was the first pic from? Someone flexing and looking ripped=illegal drug use? I guess it could be that simple but again, I see ripped up dudes all the time in MMA not failing a single drug test and that's really all you can go off of. You can't just say, well he's 42 and looks jacked he must be a roider. GSP is chiseled all day every day and you don't see him pissing hot.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 1:52 PM
It's super easy to pass tests though. Conte said it isn't really a drug test but more of an IQ test if you pass or not..

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 1:54 PM
Did you know these "state athletic commissions" doesn't even test for EPO? Which should probably be one of the most frequently used PED's in a sport like MMA.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 1:55 PM
Someone flexing and looking ripped=illegal drug use?
More often than not unfortunately.

Mark Hammer
July 9th, 2015, 2:01 PM
I don't know OD, I think I'm kind of where ND is at... those pics of Kingsbu and Thomson aren't nearly as damning as the ones of Cung Le

Also Kyle Kingsbury is an extremely mediocre fighter. You'd think he'd be better if he was on performance enhancers.

Mark Hammer
July 9th, 2015, 2:02 PM
It's super easy to pass tests though. Conte said it isn't really a drug test but more of an IQ test if you pass or not..
Aye, it's all about how well the fighters plan their cycles. Some will obviously be much better at it than others.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 2:16 PM
The Cung Le pic is slightly misleading though, with the lightning and being taken during his weight-cut (and probably while on a heavy cycle). He didn't look anywhere near that jacked during the actual Bisping fight.

https://theofficialmmanation.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/2635098-1821-rec.jpg

Percussion
July 9th, 2015, 2:17 PM
Also Kyle Kingsbury is an extremely mediocre fighter. You'd think he'd be better if he was on performance enhancers.

Doesn't mean he wasn't juicing. Perhaps without assistance he never cracks the big leagues.

Mark Hammer
July 9th, 2015, 2:17 PM
True.

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 2:18 PM
My bad, first pic is from the wrong fight. He was still pretty jacked before the Bisping fight..
https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cung-le-ufc-fight-night-481.jpg?w=295&h=231&crop=1

OD50
July 9th, 2015, 2:20 PM
Doesn't mean he wasn't juicing. Perhaps without assistance he never cracks the big leagues.

True.
You guys should watch this in it's entirety, it's very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

Kind of illustrates how much of a sham professional sports, the Olympics and most drug tests really are.

Mark Hammer
July 9th, 2015, 2:24 PM
The Cung Le pic is slightly misleading though, with the lightning and being taken during his weight-cut (and probably while on a heavy cycle). He didn't look anywhere near that jacked during the actual Bisping fight.

https://theofficialmmanation.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/2635098-1821-rec.jpg

Abs + beer gut = very damning evidence.