PDA

View Full Version : "El Hijo del Perro Aguayo dies following 619 mishap"

Ringo
March 21st, 2015, 7:50 AM
This is awful.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_83990.shtml#.VQ1aqxDkeZs

One of the top stars in Mexico, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, reportedly died early Saturday morning after taking Rey Mysterio's 619 maneuver at a AAA show Friday night in Tijuana, Mexico.

According to news reports, El Hijo took the 619 in the trachea trying to avoid the move, causing severe whiplash. El Hijo was placed on a backbrace by paramedics and taken out of the Municipal Auditorium arena to Del Prado hospital.

The Zeta publication initially reported that El Hijo was stabilized at the hospital after losing consciousness. However, local news outlet El-Mexicano.com reported that El Hijo was pronounced dead around 1:00 a.m. local time. Zeta followed up with a headline story also reporting that El Hijo died early Saturday morning.

AAA issued a brief statement early Saturday on Twitter. The translation: "The grief overwhelms our hearts. Rest in peace, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo."

Rival promotion CMLL also tweeted a statement early Saturday morning joining the lucha libre community in mourning El Hijo's death.

El Hijo main-evented AAA's "Rey de Reyes" PPV in a tag match against Mysterio just two days earlier. It was Mysterio's first match since leaving WWE.

A short time before Mysterio's match Friday night in Tijuana, Mysterio tweeted about his scheduled WrestleMania Weekend appearance at "WaleMania" in California this coming week.

I should've put the clip in tags really... it's the aftermath and it's not nice to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHld-xmHcG8

Ringo
March 21st, 2015, 8:04 AM
That report is pretty wrong as this is shows he was already out before the 619 which Rey doesn't connect with. It was the set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1LVhjhWwM4

Peter Griffin
March 21st, 2015, 8:38 AM
Terrible stuff , seems like the medical staff were pretty slow off the mark? Just sad.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 9:21 AM
Holy fucking shit. What an awful, sad, and tragic week for AAA. JESUS fucking fuck man.

Psycho666Soldier
March 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM
What else happened for AAA?

The Law
March 21st, 2015, 10:22 AM
One of their executives died in a bush crash.

I spent all those years talking about fake the set-up for the 619 is and then it literally kills somebody.

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 10:26 AM
Terrible stuff , seems like the medical staff were pretty slow off the mark? Just sad.

Yeah, they seemed to take a really long time to get anyone to him after Suicide started trying to call for help.

Bad Collin
March 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
Ironic that the shittest looking move in wrestling history kills someone. This is really sad news.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 11:01 AM
Yeah, they seemed to take a really long time to get anyone to him after Suicide started trying to call for help.

I was curious as to why Suicide/Manik was in this with that outfit. If that's TJP, he's got a totally different costume these days

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 11:10 AM
Shame man

Tainted Eclipse
March 21st, 2015, 12:58 PM
christ, just saw the news on the newsfeed on facebook of all places. hard to believe, terrible.

VHS
March 21st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Awful, tragic news. After watching the setup for it, it's just crazy how somebody could die from such a nothing spot. Not from a suicide dive or a bad suplex... but from getting set up on the ropes. Very saddening. :(

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 1:08 PM
It's basically the same as when Misawa's neck snapped off a back body drop. It's one of those things that shouldn't happen, but in this business with years of wear and tear, it does

Percussion
March 21st, 2015, 1:15 PM
Without seeing what immediately preceded the 619 spot it's hard to say, but looks like he could have suffered a severe brain or aortic aneurysm. Fucking horrible.

Ringo
March 21st, 2015, 1:38 PM
People are saying it was probably a bump off a dropkick a bit earlier. There's a video of the whole match around.

luchablog ‏@luchablog 54m54 minutes ago
the official cause of death is a "golpe que tuvo en la región cervica" - spinal stroke, I think. Which would be similar to Misawa.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 1:44 PM
I saw the video. He's perfectly fine, eats the dropkick, and when he hits the rope, he just goes completely limp. Even if he didn't die, he likely would've been quadriplegic for the rest of his life.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 2:35 PM
That was absolutely disgraceful behavior from the company. Guy was clearly unconscious and they left him there for ages, even continued the match around him, doing spots over the top of him. As soon as they realized he was out medical staff should have been on it and getting him treatment and out of the way.

Not thats its any consolidation but his family should sue the absolute shit out of them.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 3:23 PM
Thecubsfan says the reason help was slow is because for whatever reason there were a rash of injuries on this show and all the doctors were busy tending to them.

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 3:28 PM
That was absolutely disgraceful behavior from the company. Guy was clearly unconscious and they left him there for ages, even continued the match around him, doing spots over the top of him. As soon as they realized he was out medical staff should have been on it and getting him treatment and out of the way.

Not thats its any consolidation but his family should sue the absolute shit out of them.

They clearly did. Konan was right in about there and the only spot that goes over him is the 619 and tbf how was rey to know at that he was out at that point. It's not like they were kicking him about. I honestly do wonder if you watch the same things as everyone else.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 4:00 PM
This is fucking heartbreaking man

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 4:20 PM
They clearly did. Konan was right in about there and the only spot that goes over him is the 619 and tbf how was rey to know at that he was out at that point. It's not like they were kicking him about. I honestly do wonder if you watch the same things as everyone else.

The video is there to see, he's in the ring for quite a while after, firstly slumped against the ropes and then when he falls on the canvas. They should be there within seconds not minutes as that can be the difference between life and death. The wrestlers wrestle over the top of him as well, one doing a sunset flip over the rope he is unconscious on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_4-tffjVn4

Here's a video with over a minute and the only person who responds here is the manager of one of the wrestlers who just shakes him about. So whose not watching?

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 4:27 PM
That's not over the top of him bar the 619.

They clearly don't know he's knocked out completely until rey goes over to him. The condemning of those around him is fucking idiotic.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 4:30 PM
This is poor quality but it shows the actual spot that caused this tragic injury.

https://youtu.be/8sY2drZUrNk

I'm from a Mexican background and I've been to a number of CMLL and AAA shows, and while they're televised and nationally- and to an extent internationally- popular they still feel very much like glorified independents, or at best a top American promotion from the territory days.

I'm not saying this just to be critical, but put into this context I was not in the least surprised that medical attention was slow at best and nobody seemed to know what to do. Who was in charge? What was the medical protocol for this kind of life and death emergency?

You guessed it, there probably wasn't one and I don't blame the fighters or the refs for not really knowing what to do. if this was WWE there'd have been EMTs out in seconds. I'm not expecting AAA to match the WWE machine in most ways, but when it comes to medical procedure they fucking well need to.

This business about the doctors all being busy with other injured luchadors makes me even more suspicious of their medical arrangements- if they are actually ready to deal with multiple injuries they must surely have to have an emergency procedure for extreme cases like this. just fucking get him to the back, im sure SOMEONE can leave a patient who's relatively much less hurt and try and administer some kind of potentially life saving treatment.

I know in this case the guy was unsaveable, but the manner this played out was very poor in my opinion. Hopefully this can be a wake up call for a country where 'health and safety' doesn't really exist like in the UK, US and Japan- not just in the wrestling but society in general.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 4:43 PM
That's not over the top of him bar the 619.

They clearly don't know he's knocked out completely until rey goes over to him. The condemning of those around him is fucking idiotic.

Manik had already motioned he was out, yeah it was about half a foot to the left but imagine if he'd botched and fell on him. I'm not blaming the wrestlers mind, just saying the company should have some form of protocol in place for this and the medical team not being there is disgraceful, they should be ready to go at ringside asap. This shit got sorted in combat sports 20 years ago, the same procedures should apply to wrestling.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 4:51 PM
Here's another angle showing Rey do a 619 literally over the top of him onto Manik after he had checked him and knew he was KO'd. Its from ringside so you get a better feel of how close the action was going on with Manik getting kicked to fall just to the side of him as well.

Also try and defend the medical attention after this, they carry him out on a fucking wood board for gods sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIDgePhecY#t=42

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 4:57 PM
People keep going on and on about the doctors, but realistically what is a ringside doctor going to do for a guy who's neck has already snapped in half? Put a brace on? Tape it up?

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 5:02 PM
People keep going on and on about the doctors, but realistically what is a ringside doctor going to do for a guy who's neck has already snapped in half? Put a brace on? Tape it up?

It's not really the point though, in this case it might not have mattered but in another person it could have been the difference between life and death. hell if they had reacted earlier and got oxygen to him he may have stood a better chance of living anyway. We don't know what he died off yet, we just know what happened, just cause he broke his neck doesn't mean he died of that, he could have suffocated, bled from the brain or his body shut down due to lack of oxygen.

Plus when dealing with a guy who has broke his neck I doubt its wise to just shake him around.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 5:04 PM
Life as a quadrapolegic likely with brain trauma, what an ideal circumstance.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 5:05 PM
Life as a quadrapolegic likely with brain trauma, what an ideal circumstance.

Sound then, should have just rolled him to the apron and then got on with it then. Let the cleaners sort it out.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 5:08 PM
You seem to think that a doctor could have done anything. His neck doesn't appear to just be broken, but completely severed. People don't usually just go completely limp and unconscious. He was likely dead within seconds. Seems like a lot of people just want someone to blame, whether it be Rey, Konnan, or the medical staff. Sometimes, people just die instantly when taking a traumatic blow. Whether the doctors took 5 minutes or 5 seconds, Perrito was likely fucking dead already.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 5:14 PM
You seem to think that a doctor could have done anything. His neck doesn't appear to just be broken, but completely severed. People don't usually just go completely limp and unconscious. He was likely dead within seconds. Seems like a lot of people just want someone to blame, whether it be Rey, Konnan, or the medical staff. Sometimes, people just die instantly when taking a traumatic blow. Whether the doctors took 5 minutes or 5 seconds, Perrito was likely fucking dead already.

The problem isn't the isolated incident, the problem is the company's medical policy is an absolute shambles. In this day and age when you can afford top stars you should not:

a) have no ringside EMT's

b) have no medical equipment on hand

c) have wrestlers dancing all over and doing moves within inches of an injured party

d) have other non medical employees moving injured parties around

This is just basic shit. I've seen boxing commissions come under extremely heavy fire (and rightfully so) without being near as incompetent as AAA are here. They should have the book thrown at them just for not being prepared. If WWE had this happen you bet people would have an entirely different tune.

Rancid_Planet
March 21st, 2015, 5:15 PM
Its more the point that there possibly could have been something the doctors could have done to help had they gotten down to ringside far quicker. Not that there was anything that could be done.

But Jesus what an awful tragedy. Just a terrible accident.

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 5:26 PM
The problem isn't the isolated incident, the problem is the company's medical policy is an absolute shambles. In this day and age when you can afford top stars you should not:

a) have no ringside EMT's

b) have no medical equipment on hand

c) have wrestlers dancing all over and doing moves within inches of an injured party

d) have other non medical employees moving injured parties around

This is just basic shit. I've seen boxing commissions come under extremely heavy fire (and rightfully so) without being near as incompetent as AAA are here. They should have the book thrown at them just for not being prepared. If WWE had this happen you bet people would have an entirely different tune.

Different countries, different legislation, different qualities of medical care ect ect.

you know this, you aren't stupid.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 5:28 PM
Different countries, different legislation, different qualities of medical care ect ect.

you know this, you aren't stupid.

Why should that matter. Huge companies should be providing good medical care, that should be the first thing that has to be sorted in a dangerous profession. Whether Mexico is 20 years behind or not I hope they are put under immense pressure to change after this,

MikeHunt
March 21st, 2015, 5:32 PM
Why should that matter. Huge companies should be providing good medical care, that should be the first thing that has to be sorted in a dangerous profession. Whether Mexico is 20 years behind or not I hope they are put under immense pressure to change after this,

Come on mate. Just think about it for a second.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 5:45 PM
Come on mate. Just think about it for a second.

I think if this was some nameless kid from a shanty town getting knocked dead by some wayward scaffolding then yeah, fuck it this is mexico. Adiós.

This guy is a legit mainstream star broadcast across the nation in a mainstream form of entertainment. I spoke to my uncle in mexico city who's not a LL fan and he knew about it from the national news.

This will definitely force some changes, even if it's gesture politics.

Seriously though last time I went to Arena de México to watch CMLL I genuinely felt I had stepped into a 1950s El Santo clip. Everything about it was so antiquated.

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 5:59 PM
"It's a different place" isn't really an excuse, and it is different from the previous excuses of "they were busy" and "well he was dead anyway". At some point is it not ok to think that maybe there should have just been a bit better preparation?

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:11 PM
Some of you must truly believe in miracles to genuinely think any level of medical care could have saved him. Reality sucks bros.

Judas Iscariot
March 21st, 2015, 6:13 PM
Regardless, should there or should there not be an EMT at ringside at all times?

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 6:14 PM
Some of you must truly believe in miracles to genuinely think any level of medical care could have saved him. Reality sucks bros.

Nobody is saying that. I just said, again, that nobody is saying that. Why do you insist on arguing that people are saying that when that isn't what is being said?

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:15 PM
What "should" be there and what's realistically going to happen are 2 different things.

Judas Iscariot
March 21st, 2015, 6:16 PM
I think you're missing the point here a bit.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:17 PM
Nobody is saying that. I just said, again, that nobody is saying that. Why do you insist on arguing that people are saying that when that isn't what is being said?

Because you guys are not being realistic at all. A doctor, team of doctors, doctor doom, or dr Phil would have made no difference if the dude's spine had broken. He was gone.

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 6:18 PM
Because you guys are not being realistic at all. A doctor, team of doctors, doctor doom, or dr Phil would have made no difference if the dude's spine had broken. He was gone.

Nobody is saying that it would have. What part of that are you not getting? Am I typing in Spanish?

Peter Griffin
March 21st, 2015, 6:18 PM
:banghead:

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:21 PM
I think you're missing the point here a bit.

Oh cmon now. Come the fuck on now. What Americans, Brits, Canadians, etc, think is "essential" or "necessary" to safely running a show is not the same as what flies for safety codes and guidelins to a Mexican Lucha Libre company.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 6:21 PM
Hero actually in my opinion, you are missing the point:

There should be emergency medical care of some level, preferably the best, at ringside or in near proximity for when there are medical emergencies. Even if they all end up dying, have medics at hand just in case some lives, even one life or even 'just' a serious injury can be avoided if and when they happen.

In this case yes, we know. Unsaveable.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:22 PM
Nobody is saying that it would have. What part of that are you not getting? Am I typing in Spanish?

I get that you're all very hopeful people who want to place blame somewhere, but it's all just finger pointing.

please do type in Spanish if possible, I am fluent.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:23 PM
Hero actually in my opinion, you are missing the point:

There should be emergency medical care of some level, preferably the best, at ringside or in near proximity for when there are medical emergencies. Even if they all end up dying, have medics at hand just in case some lives, even one life or even 'just' a serious injury can be avoided if and when they happen.

In this case yes, we know. Unsaveable.

Of course there "should" be, but this is a budget mexican wreslting show. Cmon now.

Peter Griffin
March 21st, 2015, 6:25 PM
Cant be that fucking budget if they can afford Rey JR's mental booking fee can it?

The_Mike
March 21st, 2015, 6:25 PM
I get that you're all very hopeful people who want to place blame somewhere, but it's all just finger pointing.

please do type in Spanish if possible, I am fluent.

It's not about being hopeful, it's about expecting a certain standard.

Of course there "should" be, but this is a budget mexican wreslting show. Cmon now.

But now we're back to the "oh it's Mexico" excuse. How long does this wheel keep turning?

Judas Iscariot
March 21st, 2015, 6:27 PM
Cant be that fucking budget if they can afford Rey JR's mental booking fee can it?

Just quoting this in case you didn't see it as it's at the bottom of the last page.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:30 PM
It's not about being hopeful, it's about expecting a certain standard.

But now we're back to the "oh it's Mexico" excuse. How long does this wheel keep turning?

yes because Mexico with all of its drug cartels, political and police scandals, and murders by the dozen should most be concerned about the medical care at a professional wreslting show, an industry that has largely kept shut within itself.

Priorities are not the same in Mexico as they are in Scotland, America, Detroit, etc. I think you're forgetting that. I'm just being real.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:30 PM
Just quoting this in case you didn't see it as it's at the bottom of the last page.

75 posts per page, I saw it fine. I just don't feel the need to argue with Peter Griffin.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 6:32 PM
I can see both sides. I mean Rey is booked for some proper minor UK feds soon. This wasn't Wrestlemania. And yeah as a mexican I know how laxadaisical it can be.

I once saw a beachside shack running arcade machines metres from the sea. That was an electrical blood bath waiting to happen.

So like Hero Im neither surprised nor up In arms.

But I lean more towards this guy being a big name in what is a big federation in mexico. This wasnt a czw show. They deserve better an in today's age of rolling news and social media the mexican fans will demand better medical care for the wrestlers. Like I say the mainstream stations like televisa and azteca are all over this.

So hopefully we will get some progress.

Judas Iscariot
A Peter Griffin who made a good point?

We're not talking about the Mexican government, we're talking about a private company.

Peter Griffin
Because you are so superior to thicko Griffin or because I made a good point you have no riposte to?

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:34 PM
Not really. What was reported as Rey's asking prices and what he actually wants are two different numbers. I asked the booker for my local where he and Del Rio will be appearing this summer.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 6:36 PM
That's like saying how can mexico with all the cartels and missing students care about soccer. But all anyone cared about in 2014 was the World Cup. México loves Lucha Libre. You think the yanks are histrionic when a wrestler dies? This is the land of the crazy tele novella that celebrates death. He'll be treated like a fucking martyr.

Don't mean to be dark but knowing mexico we'll see Hijito Del Perro jr vs Rey jr mask v mask on the 10th year anniversary of his father's death!

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 6:39 PM
That's like saying how can mexico with all the cartels and missing students care about soccer. But all anyone cared about in 2014 was the World Cup. México loves Lucha Libre. You think the yanks are histrionic when a wrestler dies? This is the land of the crazy tele novella that celebrates death. He'll be treated like a fucking martyr.

Don't mean to be dark but knowing mexico we'll see Hijito Del Perro jr vs Rey jr mask v mask on the 10th year anniversary of his father's death!

Im talking about the government specifically focusing on and sanctioning Lucha. The Mexican Lucha & Boxing commission is a joke that's been a slave to the promoters for years. Nothing will come of this. Standards will not change. The people in charge will continue to be paid off. Cmon now.

chatty
March 21st, 2015, 6:51 PM
So because standards are low we should just let them get on with it. How about we give WWE a pass and let them start pushing roids again, working people with injuries 340 days a year, bring back all the chair shots, blood, crazy spots etc?

Why should it be different just cause its a different country.

And its not like Mexico is some mad off strip country no one has heard off and they are still decades behind anyone, mexico is one of the biggest and most prosperous countries int he wrold.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 6:52 PM
http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/

Thecubsfan's site is the best English Lucha site I know of. This is what he has about the tragedy.

Pedro Aguayo Ramirez, Perro Aguayo Jr., passed away early this morning. He was 35. Perro suffered fatal injuries during Friday night’s match in Tijuana. Reports indicate a ring rope snapped into his throat or head, and he fell to the mat unconscious. It was originally believed he was just selling, but he’d actually been knocked unconscious. Perro was rushed to the Del Padro hospital, and pronounced dead early Saturday morning.

There is video. I’m not going to be watching it or linking to it.

Perro is the second AAA employee to pass away tragically within days. Perro was a lynchpin of AAA, the led heel, the man all the big feuds for the future were built around and leader of the biggest heel group, a group that had spanned both CMLL and AAA. Perro was a person who had way too much life left for him to leave now – as a individual, as a family man.

This is a nightmare.

Update (11:48): MedioTiempo has an article with quotes from the Tijuana lucha commission doctor. Everyone watching the video, and watching live, observed there was no doctor’s aid right away and a makeshift stretcher. (In the video, Konnan appears to be the first to notice something’s horribly wrong.) The doctor explains there had been two other injuries on the card, including a spinal one, and the doctors were still treating them. The doctor says there were two ambulances present. It sounds like the spinal injury person was still on the stretcher, so the idea was to get Perro out of the ring as quick as possible with whatever they had. Perro was moved onto a stretcher before they got him into the ambulance.

Perro was worked on for an hour at the hospital, with a team of doctors trying to figure out what they could do, before they declared him dead. The official cause of death is “raíz de un golpe que tuvo en la región cervical”, which I believe translates to a spinal stroke.

Updated (2:00): Wrestling Observer says the doctor at the hospital called the injury as “cervical spine trauma”, believed to come from one of the two impacts of the rope into his throat. The doctor was unsure which one, though it appears it’s more likely the first.

Updated (3:30): A fan in attendance says he never saw someone taken to the back on a stretcher, which would dispute the commission’s claim about having adequate medical coverage. It’s still possible someone could’ve made it to the back and then put on a stretcher due to an injury.

This story has understandably gotten mainstream and worldwide attention, largely due to the videos of Perro’s death being available. There’s a lot of people looking into this; I think we’ll know the truth of the medical situation quickly.

Updated (4:00): Record reports the Baja California Attorney’s General has announced an investigation into the death. It’s exactly what you’d expect for this high profile of a death.

Tainted Eclipse
March 21st, 2015, 6:54 PM
anyone who can read spanish and wants to be depressed check out the responses to rey's recent tweets

Peter Griffin
March 21st, 2015, 6:56 PM
As someone who can't speak spanish, care to give the general idea of whats being said?

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 6:57 PM
Very well put and very true.

Basically anything that can will or won't happen will be shadowed by so many brown paper bags full of cash and backroom deals, which will obscure anythung jo public eventually sees or reads about.

However I don't think it will require the state to intervene for there to be change. I mean, it's not like AAA actively gain or profit from not having ringside treatment. Yes it costs money but theses guys aren't backyard.

I'm not going to push my point as I don't think we really disagree, I just think there should be better medical and i'm much less cynical about some positive change coming about. (Y)

Tainted Eclipse
March 21st, 2015, 6:59 PM
As someone who can't speak spanish, care to give the general idea of whats being said?

bunch of people calling him and murder and blaming him. you could imagine there'd be a few but it's fairly surprising when it's probably the majority of the spanish language tweets directed at him.

Hero!

Basically: "I shared the ring with him for my debut match and I shared the ring with him for his last match"

Defrost
The Rey is a murderer thing has been depressingly common on twitter today

Judas Iscariot
March 21st, 2015, 7:00 PM
Im talking about the government specifically focusing on and sanctioning Lucha. The Mexican Lucha & Boxing commission is a joke that's been a slave to the promoters for years. Nothing will come of this. Standards will not change. The people in charge will continue to be paid off. Cmon now.

Well you know what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8HnGLHDdXg

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 7:01 PM
Lol investigation. I hope they put Tijuana's finest on it chaps

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:02 PM
Very well put and very true.

Basically anything that can will or won't happen will be shadowed by so many brown paper bags full of cash and backroom deals, which will obscure anythung jo public eventually sees or reads about.

However I don't think it will require the state to intervene for there to be change. I mean, it's not like AAA actively gain or profit from not having ringside treatment. Yes it costs money but theses guys aren't backyard.

I'm not going to push my point as I don't think we really disagree, I just think there should be better medical and i'm much less cynical about some positive change coming about. (Y)

Yeah man, it's a sad/shitty situation all around, but there just isn't much of a way this could have gone differently. There's no way to prepare for a situation like this, no matter be promotion or country.

Peter Griffin
March 21st, 2015, 7:02 PM
bunch of people calling him and murder and blaming him. you could imagine there'd be a few but it's fairly surprising when it's probably the majority of the spanish language tweets directed at him.

Well that's just ridiculous, to put it mildly.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:04 PM
Lol investigation. I hope they put Tijuana's finest on it chaps

The general response I've seen from mi hermanos Mexicanos is "lol, 'charges', yeah right"

rey's fine. He'll likely retire soon after this.

Percussion
March 21st, 2015, 7:05 PM
Is kayfabe much less of a thing in Mexico?

Tainted Eclipse
March 21st, 2015, 7:05 PM
Basically: "I shared the ring with him for my debut match and I shared the ring with him for his last match"

i mean the people responding to him

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:07 PM
i mean the people responding to him

Yeah, I figured after. Some very passionate responses, but it's not hard to believe

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 7:10 PM
Yeah man, it's a sad/shitty situation all around, but there just isn't much of a way this could have gone differently. There's no way to prepare for a situation like this, no matter be promotion or country.

I think whether this guy could have been saved (answer: no sadly) and should there be better/swifter medical care are two totally seporate issues even if one raises the other.

This guy was always going to die but the immediate response was hugely flawed and any injured wrestler saVeable or otherwise deserves more.

I don't buy any of the report and i'd not be surprised if this 'other spinal injury' is pure bull.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:11 PM
Holy Shit, people are blaming Rey, saying he intentionally came to AAA to kill people. Disgusting.

The Electrifying One
March 21st, 2015, 7:17 PM
He did take out their biggest heel! Work?

Sorry. Very poor taste. Rey must feel eaten up alive with this.

Average Joe
Holy Shit, people are blaming Rey, saying he intentionally came to AAA to kill people. Disgusting. IWC! Doing IWC things!

Defrost
Is kayfabe much less of a thing in Mexico?

It is much more of a thing. Probably the place in the world where kayfabe is strongest.

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:18 PM
He did take out their biggest heel! Work?

Sorry. Very poor taste. Rey must feel eaten up alive with this.

Yeah dude, I definitely think he hangs up his boots (sneakers?) soon after this. I feel the worst for TJ Perkins, though. Dude was right next to Perro Jr as he died. That's gotta fuck him up.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 7:20 PM
Rey and Perrito were super close too. When he first came in Rey was like his mentor.

Percussion
March 21st, 2015, 7:20 PM
It is much more of a thing. Probably the place in the world where kayfabe is strongest.

Der, that's how I intended the question. Makes some sense of the shitty reactions.

Ringo
March 21st, 2015, 7:33 PM
Rey is supposed to be making his LU debut tonight at the tapings right? There's Perrito signs in the Temple apparently.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 7:33 PM
Fuck me this is sad

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/579419858447663104

Hero!
March 21st, 2015, 7:34 PM
How old is Sr. at his point? Poor guy deserves to know. I hope LU does a big tribute to Perrito tonight.

Ringo
March 21st, 2015, 7:36 PM
Jeez.

69 yo.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 7:37 PM
How old is Sr. at his point? Poor guy deserves to know. I hope LU does a big tribute to Perrito tonight.

69. They probably have to tell him soon since the burial is tomorrow. Apparently in Mexico the tradition is to do the burial within 24 hours of the death.

Rip
March 21st, 2015, 7:55 PM
Yeah dude, I definitely think he hangs up his boots (sneakers?) soon after this. I feel the worst for TJ Perkins, though. Dude was right next to Perro Jr as he died. That's gotta fuck him up.

You can see on the video that TJ spots something wrong straight away and lets Ray know to pull the 619, nothing else he could do.

LOCONUT
March 21st, 2015, 7:58 PM
Terrible. RIP.

ReDPath
March 21st, 2015, 8:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12532947/wrestler-dies-ring-mexico-kick-former-wwe-star-rey-mysterio-jr

Quite unfortunate.

I feel like if this happened in the WWE, the coverage would outweigh what happened with Owen and Benoit combined. Vince would most certainly be forced into making some changes, not that it would've helped in a case like this. However you look at a scenario like Jerry at the announcers table and I thought it was handled the best it could be handled, in his case anyway.

V-Line
March 21st, 2015, 9:43 PM
Just scrolling through Twitter and now there is a super-clear video of the incident, will place it in tags but can be removed by mods if deemed inappropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkX-8x6xKQ

He seems quite out of it after doing a roll across the ring and then takes the rana from Rey to the outside but lays completely motionless after the kick into the ropes. Any chances damage was done on the prior two moves and then the 3rd shot into the ropes caused the fatality?

Anyway this is such a tragedy, makes so much more harrowing with so much footage coming out. In an ideal world the medical team needed to be better equipped and out thier faster but it seems he was already dead after hitting the ropes. Konan knows something is up and is trying to get him out of the way but in hindsight touching the neck and shaking so hard isn't a great look but again Aguayo was probably already dead at this stage. Such a horrid thing for his family and friends with so much footage around. Feel for everybody involved, still hard to believe watching the footage that something so catastrophic can happen from those simple spots

Jimmy Zero
March 21st, 2015, 10:03 PM
Is he bleeding from the eye in that video?

What a terrible situation. Horrible for all involved. I doubt Konnan knows the guy just broke his neck, otherwise I can't imagine him shaking him so much to try and wake him up. It's not like he took a clear shot to the neck/head/shoulders where you'd see it and be like, "oh shit, that guy just broke his neck!" I really feel badly for Rey, too. He's going to carry this with him for the rest of his life, and it's really unfortunate. The people calling him a murderer, and whatever else, should be ashamed.

VanillaJello
March 21st, 2015, 10:09 PM
I read the bleeding from the eye means he suffered a basilar skull fracture... bleeding out the eyes is a common side effect of it.

Jimmy Zero
March 21st, 2015, 10:10 PM
Wow, so he probably was dead, or on the verge of death, before Konnan even made it to ringside. Fucking hell.

VanillaJello
March 21st, 2015, 10:17 PM
Which btw if it was a basilar fracture... is the same cause of death for Dale Earnhardt.

The_Wrestling_Machine
March 21st, 2015, 10:45 PM
i hate the whole filming off it afterwards going to the ambulance. get out the way and let people do their jobs for fook sake.

Tainted Eclipse
March 21st, 2015, 10:50 PM
http://www.mediotiempo.com/mas-deportes/lucha-libre/noticias/2015/03/21/hijo-del-perro-fallecio-por-paro-cardiorrespiratorio

The doctor at the show says he still had weak signs of life up to arriving at the hospital.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 10:52 PM
He seems quite out of it after doing a roll across the ring and then takes the rana from Rey to the outside but lays completely motionless after the kick into the ropes. Any chances damage was done on the prior two moves and then the 3rd shot into the ropes caused the fatality?

Perrito had for a little bit been acting punch drunk when he was selling so that might not mean anything.

Greed
March 21st, 2015, 11:24 PM
Really terrible. Tragic and humbling, it's a gut punch.

Odds are a quicker response might have made a difference, but who knows..could be too early to tell. It's wrestling and sometimes tragedies happen

Donald
March 21st, 2015, 11:26 PM
This will shine a bad light on professional wrestling as a whole. I am really sad about this.

Greed
March 21st, 2015, 11:30 PM
From the video..if someone isn't breathing...someone needs to be doing cpr.

Corny as it sounds, rescue breathing can and does often save lives. It looked like that wasn't a priority here.

mr sabu
March 21st, 2015, 11:43 PM
due to the poor writing of the article when it first come out thought it was an accident ion reys part due to a botch, but after watching the videos very queezyly, who ever wrote the article needed to waited for more details to come out

feel bad for rey

VanillaJello
March 21st, 2015, 11:46 PM
From the video..if someone isn't breathing...someone needs to be doing cpr.

Corny as it sounds, rescue breathing can and does often save lives. It looked like that wasn't a priority here.

True cardiac/respiratory events have something like a 6% save rate... but you're right. It's always life over limb. Get the airway open at the expense of the neck every freaking time.

That's like rule #1 of triage.

Zeroice
March 22nd, 2015, 12:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12532947/wrestler-dies-ring-mexico-kick-former-wwe-star-rey-mysterio-jr

Quite unfortunate.

I feel like if this happened in the WWE, the coverage would outweigh what happened with Owen and Benoit combined. Vince would most certainly be forced into making some changes, not that it would've helped in a case like this. However you look at a scenario like Jerry at the announcers table and I thought it was handled the best it could be handled, in his case anyway.

I was wondering that myself, but while it wasn't in the middle of a match Owen's death was close as it was right in the middle of the show and he literally died in the ring . Ether way this "The show must go on" crap needs a limit. Shouldn't be worth more then a man's life.

Greed
March 22nd, 2015, 1:19 AM
They finished the match within a minute of him collapsing. No way they knew the magnitude at that moment, but they finished quick.

The guys in the ring deserve the least amount of blame. Rey did nothing wrong

Hero!
March 22nd, 2015, 1:21 AM
At tonight's jersey all pro show, chris Dickinson interrupted the 10-bell salute for Perro jr for heel heat.

fuck him and fuck that company.

Greed
March 22nd, 2015, 1:30 AM
That's pretty low..

Anaconda Sniper
March 22nd, 2015, 2:45 AM
Just found out about this. What a tragic thing to happen...very sad.

mr sabu
March 22nd, 2015, 8:36 AM
At tonight's jersey all pro show, chris Dickinson interrupted the 10-bell salute for Perro jr for heel heat.

fuck him and fuck that company.

if they have to do that to get a guy heat he must be a shit bad guy

LarryLuv
March 22nd, 2015, 10:15 AM

Latin American culture really treads lightly when comes to informing ancianos at times like this. You basically wait for as long as possible, make sure they've slept well, eaten something, etc.

McBain
March 22nd, 2015, 10:20 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/hijo-del-perro-aguayo-mexican-lucha-libre-wrestler-pedro-aguayo-ramirez-dies-from-hit-in-the-ring-aged-35-10125498.html

Manslaughter investigation apparently.

Twiz131
March 22nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Hey Mcbain, I just saw that myself and it has me a bit confused. I don't want to exaggerate anything like most articles have been in-regards to rey rey but I wonder whats going to happen to him.

MikeHunt
March 22nd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Hey Mcbain, I just saw that myself and it has me a bit confused. I don't want to exaggerate anything like most articles have been in-regards to rey rey but I wonder whats going to happen to him.

nothing

Brian M.
March 22nd, 2015, 1:17 PM
They finished the match within a minute of him collapsing. No way they knew the magnitude at that moment, but they finished quick.

The guys in the ring deserve the least amount of blame. Rey did nothing wrong

They should not have been doing moves that close to him after it was so blatantly clear he was knocked unconscious. Say what you will about the medical staff, but the guys in the ring had very recently been in major American promotions. They know better than to continue the match around the guy. Hit one move and end it, on the other end of the fucking ring. They are not to blame for his death in the least, but continuing the match was stupid.

JP
March 22nd, 2015, 2:26 PM
Christ. May he rest in peace.

The nature of the "sport" means people are going to not always be immediately realising when a fellow worker is hurt, I find it difficult from what I've seen to attribute blame to any individual.

That said, surely it is now time for every performer, whether it be a wrestler, referee, commentator etc, to be required to have at least basic first aid knowledge. Also, that this utterly ridiculous, ironic and self-defeating notion that 'working hurt' is somehow a badge of honour and not idiotic to the extreme, be finally cast aside; if you are, or you suspect someone you are working with is, hurt, you immediately put a hold to proceedings.

LOCONUT
March 22nd, 2015, 2:49 PM
They should not have been doing moves that close to him after it was so blatantly clear he was knocked unconscious. Say what you will about the medical staff, but the guys in the ring had very recently been in major American promotions. They know better than to continue the match around the guy. Hit one move and end it, on the other end of the fucking ring. They are not to blame for his death in the least, but continuing the match was stupid.

The status quo has always been to finish the match. They had no clue how serious the injury was.

I remember when Sid's leg bone clearly exploded through his skin that Steiner still suplexed him before pinning him And that was with a visibly serious injury.

The guys in the ring rightly assumed concussion of some kind at the worst. Finish asap and on with the show. This isn't like Owen clearly falling to death and them continuing the PPV after..

JP
March 22nd, 2015, 3:03 PM
That ties in to my point; the impetus shouldn't be 'finish the match' it should be to protect the performers.

The Law
March 22nd, 2015, 3:43 PM
This sums up a lot of what's wrong with wrestling. Irresponsible promoters, lack of concern for the health of wrestlers, and then (by the indy) grotesque exploitation.

Better medical care at the scene might or might not have saved his life, and we might never know. But that's not the point. They need to know what the fuck they're doing for the time where it would make the difference. Hopefully this will lead to some change on that front.

I do think they should have stopped wrestling once it was clear he was out cold. Go to your corners, let them get him out of the ring, and the match can continue. They come close to hitting him at one point. It's another thing that didn't make a difference here, but could have.

Twiz131
March 22nd, 2015, 3:57 PM
I would rather see them stop the match than risk serious injury and death.. but that requires common sense which seems to be the major thing lacking in wrestling.

The Law
March 22nd, 2015, 4:13 PM
And I guess they're continuing the match because they don't want to "break kayfabe," but in a real sport if someone collapses with an injury the competition stops until they've been attended to. If wrestling were legitimate, if something like this happened the referee would intervene, force the competitors to go to their corners, and allow medical personnel to attend to the injured competitor.

Rancid_Planet
March 22nd, 2015, 4:33 PM
That's a good fucking point Law.

Brian M.
March 22nd, 2015, 5:10 PM
The status quo has always been to finish the match. They had no clue how serious the injury was.

I remember when Sid's leg bone clearly exploded through his skin that Steiner still suplexed him before pinning him And that was with a visibly serious injury.

The guys in the ring rightly assumed concussion of some kind at the worst. Finish asap and on with the show. This isn't like Owen clearly falling to death and them continuing the PPV after..

They didn't finish ASAP though. They were hitting moves OVER the guy that was dying. I don't begrudge them for finishing the match, but all they needed to do was hit one more big move on the other side of the ring and finish it.

Vice
March 22nd, 2015, 6:28 PM
Tragic all around. Horrible news to stumble upon.

Greed
March 22nd, 2015, 6:57 PM
They finished within a minute of his collapse though, Brian. Could they have done it at the other side of the ring? Looking back, yes.

At the time I think they did everything they could to end it quickly, while still trying to follow the match.

milo
March 22nd, 2015, 6:58 PM
Can you imagine how Rey would of felt if he did connect with the 619, and moving forward, how is Rey going to feel when kicking a wrestler against the ropes to perform the 619...

Very, Very sad overall.. :( :(

The Law
March 22nd, 2015, 7:08 PM
It's amazing how bad mainstream news coverage of wrestling always turns out to be. All the Roid Rage shit after the Benoit murders, Nancy Grace's list of dead wrestlers, and this time major outlets reporting that Mysterio's kick killed him.

Rip
March 22nd, 2015, 7:17 PM
The worrying thing here to me is how soon it was obvious to those involved that something was wrong - straight away, compared to how long it took for genuine help to arrive - ie not Nurse Bloody Konnan who despite meaning well didn't help the situation at all.

Brian M.
March 23rd, 2015, 12:48 AM
They finished within a minute of his collapse though, Brian. Could they have done it at the other side of the ring? Looking back, yes.

At the time I think they did everything they could to end it quickly, while still trying to follow the match.

Within a minute just isn't good enough for me in this case, I'm afraid. It should have been one move and done. The man was pretty clearly in serious peril. I can't imagine if this match happened in any other promotion worth a damn that it would have continued past one finisher to end it. If someone passed out like that in WWE you can bet your ass the match would not have continued at all. And I really don't want anyone to point to Owen Hart because that was more than 15 years ago. All of these companies should know better by now. Lives are more important than programming.

The Law
March 23rd, 2015, 12:58 AM
I don't see any reason why it's imperative that they finish the match. If they want to continue, just do it after they've gotten the injured guy out of the ring and out of potential further danger.

Brian M.
March 23rd, 2015, 1:21 AM
I don't think it's imperative myself, but I can see them hitting a quick finisher and getting out of there. There was no need to put the man in any further danger, though.

JP
March 23rd, 2015, 2:17 AM
Shouldn't have even been one move and done. Think someone's really hurt, stop, immediately.

Fanny Batter
March 23rd, 2015, 7:59 AM
Wrestling is such an odd industry.

The_Mike
March 23rd, 2015, 9:52 AM
And I guess they're continuing the match because they don't want to "break kayfabe," but in a real sport if someone collapses with an injury the competition stops until they've been attended to. If wrestling were legitimate, if something like this happened the referee would intervene, force the competitors to go to their corners, and allow medical personnel to attend to the injured competitor.

Remember when Owen broke Austin's neck? The ref got right in there and held Owen back, and he played to the crowd and gave Austin time to be checked out. Owen didn't just keep tossing him around, it took a pretty long period of time before they got Austin ready to do just one move to end the match. I get this was a multi-man match really don't see why something similar wasn't what happened here. Like you said, real sports will stop if there is an injury, and there is even precedent in wrestling.

Hero!
March 23rd, 2015, 10:03 AM
On the flip side: remember when Hayabusa broke his neck? The ref just kept shaking him around and his opponent kept stomping on him. It's tough to compare the professionalism or reaction skills of a WWE-trained referee to referees in other promotions/countries

The Law
March 23rd, 2015, 10:34 AM
The Austin one had the further complication that if Austin lost he had to kiss Owen's ass, so I'm sure that factored into them not stopping the match. They still should have, because that was some scary shit (Austin said he was totally paralyzed for about a minute). And that roll-up was the ugliest I've ever seen. I'm sure they could have written a good angle for Raw out of Austin finding a way to avoid kissing Owen's ass if they needed to.

The_Mike
March 23rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
On the flip side: remember when Hayabusa broke his neck? The ref just kept shaking him around and his opponent kept stomping on him. It's tough to compare the professionalism or reaction skills of a WWE-trained referee to referees in other promotions/countries

Back to the 'foreigners are dumb' excuse then? That still doesn't fly. It's not "on the flip side" that sometimes people don't do the right thing. That's not a reason to not expect it to be done if at all possible.

Hero!
March 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Accusing the guy whose family are immigrants of thinking "foreigners are dumb" really isn't the best logic here, Mikeal. Medical care works differently in different countries, it's a fucking fact. You don't expect the same level of medical care in England as you do in Alabama as you do in Colombia. Stop acting as if everyone else needs to do things the same was as we do in the US or as you were used to back in Scotland.

The Electrifying One
March 23rd, 2015, 11:11 AM
Again not aportioning individual blame but all the valid points about continuing to do moves over and around Perrito's head, slow medical attention, shaking the guy, etc etc: it all boils down to there being no collective protocol and everyone was just individually ad libbing.

There needs to be a robust procedure for these type of incidents, like ref ordering all wrestlers to their corners while ring side EMT's attend to the injury, take him out back- then continue the match or make the quick finish.

Nobody knew what to do.

The_Mike
March 23rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
Accusing the guy whose family are immigrants of thinking "foreigners are dumb" really isn't the best logic here, Mikeal. Medical care works differently in different countries, it's a fucking fact. You don't expect the same level of medical care in England as you do in Alabama as you do in Colombia. Stop acting as if everyone else needs to do things the same was as we do in the US or as you were used to back in Scotland.

You're the one not using logic and just not listening to the actual arguments so you can self-righteously beat up a straw man and I don't get why. All we're saying is things could have been handled better, not "they had to do it exactly the way The_Mike thinks", and your excuse is simply "but it's a different place". So fucking what? Being a different place isn't a reason to not want to try harder, learn something and see some improvement.

The Law
March 23rd, 2015, 11:40 AM
Wrestling companies have a responsibility to have adequate medical care available for their wrestlers. Don't care what country, don't care what size promotion. If you can't afford to have a doctor and EMTs ready to go, you shouldn't be putting on a show. Also, from a purely cynical view it's a smart investment to keep yourself from getting your ass handed to you in a wrongful death lawsuit if someone dies because you don't take care of them after an injury.

The Electrifying One
March 23rd, 2015, 1:15 PM
No! You should only expect medicine if you're white and in an English speaking country!

Hero!
March 23rd, 2015, 1:29 PM
Ooo, I'm a racist now. That's a new ginmick.

Tainted Eclipse
March 23rd, 2015, 1:33 PM
Wrestling companies have a responsibility to have adequate medical care available for their wrestlers. Don't care what country, don't care what size promotion. If you can't afford to have a doctor and EMTs ready to go, you shouldn't be putting on a show. Also, from a purely cynical view it's a smart investment to keep yourself from getting your ass handed to you in a wrongful death lawsuit if someone dies because you don't take care of them after an injury.

they had one doctor and an ambulance on stand-by at the arena. thats traditionally a good standard of care for a wrestling show. it's not wwe where they have a dedicated team of medical professionals traveling with them everywhere. the doctor was in the back dealing with a previous injury and they were able to get him right to an ambulance. there are plenty of things everyone could have done better, but i don't see any flagrant neglect. it was a freak accident to the extreme and even if the doctor were right at ringside and they stopped the match it's unlikely anything could have been done. i've got nothing against the idea of immediately stopping a match when it seems like someone might be really gravely injured but in a 4 man match where the other two guys might have had no idea what was going on at all, rey and konnan only knew he was unconscious (and had probably dealt with hundreds of cases of guys getting knocked out and coming back around in their career) i don't think there's anything to point to and say 'if x and y then he would have been better"

chatty
March 23rd, 2015, 3:18 PM
They never had adequate medical care tbh. If so they would not have needed a piece of plywood to carry him out on.

Using the country as an excuse is dumbfounding, you should have the same expectations of any company at this level, if it had been a random indie company in a barn or something then yeah I could se it but this is a company that has quite a few big name wrestlers working for them (even if some are just passing through) - they are at least the level of ROH (more like TNA imo) who I'd imagine would get some serious flack if this happened there.

Trying to make out Mexico is some shitty random country if stupid for starters and even if it does have a lot of corruption so did the US/UK etc at some point and had to change. These levels of medical care aren't really good enough and even though this is a freak accident I would hope they would put some effort in to change in the aftermath, even if it is just for politics.

I wouldn't put any blame on the wrestlers but really they should have a procedure whereby if anyone gets hurt at the evry least wrestle the otherside of the ring and give the dude some space whilst medical attention can be given. Half these guys have had concussions and bad injuries, you would think they would be happy to do that. That second 619 on Manik was just completely uncalled for and Rey had to maneuver himself so as not to land on Aguayo's head. It's a 619 and theres three other ropes, just do it on one of those, they'd already stopped the action before it to have a look so just call it elsewhere.

Even shit like this isn't in place (and this goes for all promotions) then I really hope they look at this and put something in action thenceforth. All it takes is a meeting with the roster once a month to go over it with new staff to say any injury sees all performers wrestle the otherside of the ring until medical care has been given. If its a KO then the match stops until they can get them out to the back, at worst they lose a minute or two of their time or the next/match does - it's better than someone being hurt.

Ringo
March 23rd, 2015, 3:27 PM
It was a random indy to be fair, not AAA as originally reported.

Greed
March 23rd, 2015, 3:44 PM

This. This right here.

Bill Casey
March 23rd, 2015, 4:07 PM

That didn't happen but you have an awesome memory...

Steiner just awkwardly stomped Sid, did some pushups and foot choked him while holding the ropes waiting for Animal to show up. Road Warrior Animal came in, did a double axe-handle drop and Steiner pinned Sid. They pretty much avoided his leg...

Bill Casey
March 23rd, 2015, 4:20 PM
The main problem I see is everyone shaking the shit out of the guy...

LOCONUT
March 23rd, 2015, 4:50 PM
That didn't happen but you have an awesome memory...

Steiner just awkwardly stomped Sid, did some pushups and foot choked him while holding the ropes waiting for Animal to show up. Road Warrior Animal came in, did a double axe-handle drop and Steiner pinned Sid. They pretty much avoided his leg...

My memory is truly shit.

The Law
March 23rd, 2015, 7:08 PM
I guess they shook him because they thought he had been knocked out. Although I don't feel like shaking someone who has been knocked out it is a good idea either.

LOCONUT
March 23rd, 2015, 8:44 PM
It's like a 50's cartoon way to revive someone.

Spedizzo
March 24th, 2015, 8:10 AM
Do you think had he received proper treatment immediately as opposed to being shook on the ropes 2 minutes later he would be alive?

Has the cause of death been confirmed?

Nash Diesel
March 24th, 2015, 2:27 PM
Was I the only one who thought of the movie "Kickboxer" when Van Damme's brother gets his back broken by Tong Po and they just carry him out on that shit gurnee, leaving him and his ripped belt out back behind the venue in Thailand? I did.

kangus
March 29th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Any new details?