PDA

View Full Version : WWE 2K16

Pages : [1] 2 3

The Law
March 17th, 2015, 1:51 PM
I assume we'll get some more info on this game in the next few weeks. Anybody have thoughts/hopes/dreams/ideas for this one?

I haven't played 2K15 at all even though I really enjoyed the two previous games. I played 2K13 and 2K14 for the historic modes, so the cutting back of that in the most recent game pretty seriously dropped my interest.

One of the only pieces of information that's come out is the claim that they'll have the largest roster ever this year. To me, that suggests they'll include the current roster, NXT, and a pretty deep group of throwback wrestlers.

Any ideas on what a theme might be? My all-time dream has always been territory mode, but I don't think that's ever happening. A History of WWE mode would be fun, but a lot of that has already been covered in the Wrestlemania and Attitude Era modes. I could definitely see Undertaker 2K Showcase mode this year leading up to his likely retirement, but they might save that. I could see Showcase mode expanded to a few more wrestlers.

OD50
March 17th, 2015, 2:18 PM
Ever played the story mode in Legends Of Wrestling 2? It was bare bones as hell but still very enjoyable. Something similar but (of course) much, much deeper would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphCLAmfgGA

Ideal scenario for me is if they did something similar to UFC Undisputed 3 where they had a PRIDE mode with a separate roster, rules and venues from the main UFC game. Of course, instead of PRIDE mode it'd be "old-school" mode. :-D

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 2:23 PM
I think they've spent too much time catering to the WCW and Attitude Era rosters that it's time for the original ECW. I would like to see a storymode that takes us from ECW invading Mind Games to Zeke Jackson as the last champion, something like that. DLC of guys like Terry Funk, Impact Players, Dudleyz, RVD, Sabu, The Sandman, Raven, Dreamer, Paul E with a phone, Taz, Shane Douglas, New Jack, Al Snow, fucking Danny Doring. They've never incorporated the original ECW like they have other eras or WCW, I think this could be a good gimmick to lure even more people to buy it. You could do One Night Stand matches like RVD v. John Cena, Barely Legal matches like Eliminators v. Dudleyz or Raven facing the winner of Funk/Big Stevie Cool/Sandman.

The Law
March 17th, 2015, 2:29 PM
The only Legends of Wrestling game I've played is the last one, which was unfortunately garbage and had no career mode. How were the earlier two?

MMH
March 17th, 2015, 2:40 PM
It will be the same old shit that its been for 15 years.

Kdestiny
March 17th, 2015, 2:42 PM
Not getting this. 2k15 was the last straw.

Newf
March 17th, 2015, 2:48 PM
I've gotta say, I've been enjoying 2K15 a fair bit. Mind you, it was bought for me and I got it on next gen because I thought it looked horrible on last gen. It's bare bones in spots, but they kind of had to hit reset to plan for the future. 2K16 should be able to build upon the positive aspects of 2K15. Being able to edit in-game wrestlers' attires was HUGE for me as was being able to easily upload textures for download into the game. That said, the hair options for original CAWs were pretty lacking and not having an non-painted-on facial hair sucked. Next year should hopefully fix that. A return of more in-depth editing would be great and custom music should make a return as well.

Those are the big things I look for and hopefully this current development cycle should address that. I'll probably pick it up.

Donald
March 19th, 2015, 4:33 PM
I'm guessing these will be on PS4 and X-Box One only. If so, I'd imagine those systems have the capability to put every single person on the roster into the game. Also, it would be nice to see all of NXT on there, as well as tons of past guys.

I've always dreamed that we'd see a game that included every single wrestler in history (I guess barring the likes of Benoit, or anyone who has a grudge with McMahon or the WWE). It would just be tremendous. I hope one day we get that. Hell, do what Rock Band did and release new wrestlers every week for $.99, I'd buy some here and there.

Nash Diesel
March 19th, 2015, 4:46 PM
My son told me that Sasha Banks was the first wrestler scanned for 2k16.

The Law
April 17th, 2015, 8:41 PM
So JR had something on his blog about him being in talks to be part of the game this year. He said that the game sounded "very provocative." Anyone have any thoughts on what that might mean?

Atty
April 17th, 2015, 8:52 PM
I've always dreamed that we'd see a game that included every single wrestler in history (I guess barring the likes of Benoit, or anyone who has a grudge with McMahon or the WWE). It would just be tremendous. I hope one day we get that. Hell, do what Rock Band did and release new wrestlers every week for $.99, I'd buy some here and there.

Don't give them the idea of releasing wrestlers as dlc. We'd get like 10 people on the initial roster and then have to pay to play as Taker/Shawn/etc.

While not every wrestler ever, I'd like the current roster plus the hall of fame.

The Law
April 17th, 2015, 9:01 PM
If they're talking to JR, they must be planning some kind of historic mode. Monday Night Wars? History of WWE? Some kind of crazy "What If?" mode that explored alternate histories?

Atty
April 17th, 2015, 9:03 PM
Monday Night Wars with a killswitch setting in the game that causes all the WCW guys to lose no matter what.

FUNAKI BEATS GOLDBERG! MY GOD! FUNAKI TAPPED OUT GOLDBERG!

the_man_diva
April 18th, 2015, 7:34 AM
One year they catered to WCW, but they have never done the Monday Night Wars. I really enjoyed WWE '13 when it focused on the Attitude Era, and the DLC was fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind them doing this, making it the largest roster ever. BUT... there are a few things I want back before "largest roster ever."

I want the ability to create Divas again, because that shit was unacceptable last year. That means bring back Mixed Tag Team Matches or allow us to do Superstars Vs. Divas. It's a fucking video game for Christ's sake and in Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil you always see women Versus men. Also, the Monday Night Wars featured plenty of inter-gender bouts. I also don't like the fact that in WWE 2K15, if you make a custom entrance there are certain animations you can't use. It makes zero sense. Also, bring back all of the old generic entrances for former wrestlers. Allow us to also pick our winning celebration cutscene AND bring back match editor.

Man, doing Monday Night Wars would be tremendous, all the talent there that they could mine from: Sting, Hall, Hogan, Nash, Madusa, Savage, Rude, Sable, D-X, Funk, Foley, Nation of Domination, Austin, Luna... and you could incorporate a little bit of the original ECW too. However, I think it'd be cool if they did the Invasion or the Ruthless Aggression Era, but only if they could cut deals with the Hardyz and Angle.

The_Mike
April 18th, 2015, 1:24 PM
So JR had something on his blog about him being in talks to be part of the game this year. He said that the game sounded "very provocative." Anyone have any thoughts on what that might mean?

JR says that about pretty much everything. I think one of his sauces is 'provocative' flavour.

Bill Casey
April 18th, 2015, 9:08 PM
"Very Provocative, huh?" :chin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sILxBNXazPw

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/jim-ross-dancing-wwe-raw-o-1.gif

It's probably something involving WCW, because they finally have Sting...
I'd honestly love a what if? Monday Night Wars invasion storyline with most of the top players...

They did that one year and the whole of WCW was like Nash, Mysterio, Big Show, Booker T, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Road Warrior Animal and Vader. No Ric Flair. No DDP. No Sting. No Luger. No Goldberg. No Steiner Brothers. No nWo. It was kind of sad because they didn't have nearly any of the people they needed. Calling it a skeleton crew was being extremely generous...

Morrison
May 18th, 2015, 11:26 PM
so apparently this years version is STILL going to be released on last-gen consoles. i expected as much, but with that news, i wouldnt imagine theres going to be a huge change to things thanks to the cross generation limitations.

Spedizzo
May 19th, 2015, 7:40 AM
Completely revamp online. Last year was horrid.

Donald
May 19th, 2015, 8:07 AM
Damn, I bought a PS4 75% based on the fact that I had read somewhere 2k16 would be on next gen only. Oh well.

Beer-Belly
May 19th, 2015, 9:51 AM
I just want a Universe mode with more angles and a fleshed out CAW.

Newf
May 23rd, 2015, 12:28 PM
http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-to-feature-stone-cold-steve-austin-mode.php

Call me unimpressed. I don't give a fuck about reliving attitude era shit. We've done enough of that in past games.

Get everyone on the main roster. Get just about everyone from NXT. Make a better career mode. Flesh out CAW mode. Bring back modes that were removed in order to "rebuild" the game on next-gen.

The Law
May 23rd, 2015, 12:49 PM
Most of the big stuff has already been covered in 2K13 and 2K14. So I guess they'll probably start with him winning King of the Ring and go all the way up to Wrestlemania 19. So it adds the first Bret Hart match, the stuff from after Wrestlemania 15 and before his injury, and then his run in 2001. Except they can't have Kurt Angle in the game, so none of that is in.

If they hadn't already done Attitude Era mode this would be interesting, but it's just a rehash.

OD50
May 23rd, 2015, 1:06 PM
One or two Stunning Steve Austin matches would be really cool. Maybe vs Steamboat/Eaton/Windham for the TV title and against Pillman after the Hollywood Blondes break-up. Maybe something really out there like Austin vs. Sandman vs. Whipwreck from ECW too.. :cool:

Bill Casey
May 26th, 2015, 3:06 AM
Can I edit his theme song though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXr8gbNPkzI

mr sabu
May 26th, 2015, 5:16 AM
so.... owens and joe in this... i hope this happens

the_man_diva
May 26th, 2015, 3:19 PM
I hope they fucking tweak Career Mode because I find it lame that the majority of shit took place over social media... I want cutscenes and branching stories like in previous, older-generation games. I think it would be amazing if they made you assemble a stable like in Here Comes the Pain and you play as that stable throughout Career Mode... a tag, a single, and a Diva... could be very interesting.

Donald
May 26th, 2015, 3:26 PM
I'd like to see a Stun-a-thon mode. It's like Slobberknocker mode, but your opponents done once you stun the son of a bitch.

OD50
May 27th, 2015, 6:12 AM
I'd like to see a "Stun the McMahons" mode. Starting with the kids of Trips/Steph and ending with the boss of selling Stunners; Linda.

Seriously though, I'm down with any kind of classic stuff they put in the game. I know it pisses current day buffs off, but for someone without much interest in todays product it's a deal breaker. Bought 2K14 for 30-years of WrestleMania and skipped 2K15 for lacking classic content (among other thinks tbf). Path of the Warrior looks ok, but way too little in there.

Donald
May 27th, 2015, 9:02 AM
Path of Warrior is great, probably my favorite part of the game, I'm just sick of paying $50 for a game then spending another $30 or so for DLC. It's ridiculous.

Spedizzo
May 27th, 2015, 3:32 PM
http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-to-feature-stone-cold-steve-austin-mode.php

Call me unimpressed. I don't give a fuck about reliving attitude era shit. We've done enough of that in past games.

Get everyone on the main roster. Get just about everyone from NXT. Make a better career mode. Flesh out CAW mode. Bring back modes that were removed in order to "rebuild" the game on next-gen.

Unimpressed.

I disagree with this reply.

Give me an up to date roster, an old school roster, anything Attitude, and revamp online completely. No point in having a cool looking CAW if you can't show it off to anyone because their online match making is unbearable.

Morrison
May 27th, 2015, 5:04 PM
Path of Warrior is great, probably my favorite part of the game, I'm just sick of paying $50 for a game then spending another $30 or so for DLC. It's ridiculous.

considering game prices haven't increased in price with inflation, and production costs have climbed, $80 for a game is actually not that ridiculous.

Donald
June 16th, 2015, 1:24 PM
Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Paige, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, and Barrett are confirmed to be in the game.

Donald
June 18th, 2015, 11:09 AM
With Balor added, I really hope this means we will get the full NXT roster, sadly minus Owens and Joe, but perhaps they can be DLC?

I was also thinking, it would be cool if you could recreate old PPV cards. Like the Showcase, but for specific shows. Put tasks to complete in each match.

Atty
June 18th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Owens will be in. He may, very seriously, be WWE Champion by the time the game is out. He'll be in.

Donald
June 18th, 2015, 1:24 PM
Oh true, for some reason I was thinking Owens debuted after WrestleMania, but now realize he debuted in December.

OD50
June 23rd, 2015, 4:16 AM
http://cloud.attackofthefanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/finbalor.jpg
Not much, but here's the first official game model from 2K16.

Newf
June 25th, 2015, 8:44 PM
"For anyone doubting the ”largest roster ever” tag line for WWE 2k16, let us assure you, that we are bringing over 120 unique playable Superstars and Divas to the game. Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models. As you can imagine, these models are keeping us crazy busy, but it is worth it."

https://instagram.com/p/4XnLE9FUU3/

The_Mike
June 25th, 2015, 9:00 PM
I'm impressed, but it does make me wonder why this was the hardest thing in the world until now, when the models are at their graphical peak on relatively new systems. Did they hire a hundred modellers?

Atty
June 25th, 2015, 9:16 PM
I wonder if that 120 includes Benoit... And how many will be paid DLC.

Newf
June 26th, 2015, 1:03 AM
Going through and counting up all active males & females from both WWE and NXT rosters according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel#NXT_roster (I cheated and pasted them into Excel to get a quick count) I'm only at 101.

I don't necessarily expect all of NXT to make the cut... maybe 2/3rds? But all of the main roster should make it on. That also makes room for givens from the "on-air personalities" section like Hogan and Lana and Heyman.

And I imagine we'll get a fair number of legends like HBK and Stone Cold.

Also, to answer Mike's question, it was my understanding they used new scan-tech on the One and 4 that drastically cut down the time it took to create models. Previously they were just applying textures to 3D models, which is partly why the NXT guys look so shit on last-gen. Also maybe the "reset" of 2K15 has allowed them to implement characters in what is supposedly new coding in a more efficient manner?

Either way I'm pretty stoked. We're on track to an awesome game if this is an early indication.

Spedizzo
June 26th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I don't care if there are 500 wrestlers in the game... if the online mode is as pitiful with lack of options and lag as it was last year then GIRL BYE. I know a lot of you like to play single player modes, but after about 3 games against a retarded AI the game gets insanely repetitive and I usually turn it off. My favorite part of the game is playing online with friends in various match types against other players.

The game also feels really clunkly and slow when you move. Running grapples and strikes are clunky and random as shit. Ever since Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 it seems like they just can't get it right.

I'd also like them to bring back to dual reversals using the Right Trigger/Bumper and the Left for Strikes and Grapples.

Donald
June 26th, 2015, 10:32 AM
This is certainly good news. What's the previous biggest roster for a WWE game?

OD50
June 27th, 2015, 8:04 AM
Hm, maybe HCTP?

A-Train
Batista
Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
D-Von Dudley
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Eric Bischoff
Goldberg
Goldust
The Hurricane
John Cena
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Lance Storm
Matt Hardy
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rhyno
Ric Flair
Rico
Rikishi
Rob Van Dam
The Rock
Rodney Mack
Scott Steiner
Sean O'Haire
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Steve Austin
Tajiri
Steven Richards
Test
Triple H
Ultimo Dragon
The Undertaker
Val Venis
Vince McMahon Jazz
Lita
Sable
Stacy Keibler
Stephanie McMahon
Torrie Wilson
Trish Stratus
Victoria
George Steele
Hawk
Hillbilly Jim
The Iron Shiek
Jimmy Snuka
Nicholai Volkoff
Roddy Piper
Sgt. Slaughter
Ted DiBiase
Old School Undertaker
How about WWE '13 and 2K14?

/2K14 had 84 wrestlers but there are lot of duplicates among them.

OD50
June 27th, 2015, 8:08 AM
I'd also like them to bring back to dual reversals using the Right Trigger/Bumper and the Left for Strikes and Grapples.
:yes:

I also preferred in the older games when you activated your finisher with R1/RB instead of triangle/Y.

Donald
July 1st, 2015, 2:51 PM
I really hope they allow Divas to wrestle the men again. I understand why they took this out, but it's just boring having 7-8 Divas in a game, the match-ups get old.

I also enjoyed being Stacy Kiebler and trying to beat Andre the Giant on extreme difficulty.

Spedizzo
July 1st, 2015, 3:41 PM
What was the last game that allowed it?

But I agree. Equality for all.

OD50
July 1st, 2015, 4:02 PM
Wasn't there some challenge where you had to defeat Khali with Mickie James or some weird shit like that?

I'm talking a wild guess that male vs. female was removed around SD vs. Raw 2007 or 2008. Not sure though.

Mr McGregor
July 2nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
It was the final and most difficult match from the Challenge Mode, which I guess is a similar concept to the WrestleMania Mode in 2K14 except not necessarily geared towards replicating the 'mania matches and the reward for completion was currency, which I forget how was used.

Maybe with the promise (or, suggestion) of significantly more women in the game the limited options won't become old so quickly, but then it would be nice if the options weren't limited to begin with. The Mixed-Tag match type I suppose adds a little gameplay variety. What I really didn't understand was why there were a few games where there could only be a maximum of 4 women on screen/no six-man tags or similar? WTF was that about and has that been the case with the last few games?

Anyway, I don't really want to deal with more disappointment from these games so I reckon it's for the best that I pretend this game doesn't exist until it's released and reviewed and everyone's had a bitch about it on here.

Donald
July 2nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
They had 6-woman Elimination Matches in 2K15, but the game really slowed down. I'm not sure why that was, but I did have 2 DLC in Emma and Paige in the match. But I also had Elimination Chamber matches with male DLC and it never slowed down.

Mr McGregor
July 2nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Maybe there's a subtle boob physics effect taking up too much mammary.

Spedizzo
July 2nd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Why can't they do a story mode like HCTP? It was so great and detailed. Choices you made would make different story scenarios. Have they just given up on this?

I am sick of recreating moments or doing Wrestlemania Modes or just fighting match after match after match with no real incentive other than an unlockable.

OD50
July 2nd, 2015, 12:39 PM
They had 6-woman Elimination Matches in 2K15, but the game really slowed down. I'm not sure why that was, but I did have 2 DLC in Emma and Paige in the match. But I also had Elimination Chamber matches with male DLC and it never slowed down.
Honestly, I think I've read somewhere that it's the added physics of the Divas® hair sucking the performance out of the game.

MMH
July 2nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Honestly, I think I've read somewhere that it's the added physics of the Divas® hair sucking the performance out of the game.

Thats fairly true with the last gen consoles. Only thing I dont get is that its not as if the men all have short back and sides either.

Donald
July 2nd, 2015, 2:13 PM
Why can't they do a story mode like HCTP? It was so great and detailed. Choices you made would make different story scenarios. Have they just given up on this?

I am sick of recreating moments or doing Wrestlemania Modes or just fighting match after match after match with no real incentive other than an unlockable.

I'd like an endless season mode. Each year passes, each superstar and Diva ages. They can get injured, retire, die, quit unexpectedly. Then you have to replace them with created guys, and build them up to Superstar level. I think you should have the option of keeping though. "Cesaro injured in car accident! Accept this scenario?" sort of thing.

Beer-Belly
July 6th, 2015, 12:16 PM
This is pretty cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoo4BHcPMb0

http://cdn3-www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2015/07/austin-cover.jpg

Give me a Stone Cold story mode and I'll be happier than a puppy with two peckers.

Hero!
July 6th, 2015, 12:38 PM
:yes: I don't even like these games, but that announcement video is dope.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 12:49 PM
If we get to be Stunning Steve and the Extreme Superstar I'm down. If not, then I'm curious as to what they're going to do that will come across as fresh since they already did something similar just a couple games ago with Austin.

OD50
July 6th, 2015, 12:50 PM
http://www.argusjeux.fr/medias/wwf-war-zone-e29650.jpg

Spedizzo
July 6th, 2015, 1:35 PM
Stone Cold has not wrestled since 2003 and he is on a WWE video game cover in 2015.

Beer-Belly
July 6th, 2015, 1:43 PM
And?

He's arguably the biggest draw in the history of wrestling and he still moves merchandise.

Nash Diesel
July 6th, 2015, 2:15 PM
And?

He's arguably the biggest draw in the history of wrestling and he still moves merchandise.

And?

I would've liked a group of wrestlers as opposed to one but I get why they do it since the other 2K games tend to stick that 1 guy on the cover approach. I'd mix it up, have some new stars, some legends, all circling a WWE logo in the middle.

Donald
July 6th, 2015, 2:19 PM
I want to see Hogan on a cover.

Spedizzo
July 6th, 2015, 2:19 PM
And?

And nothing, I was just stating a fact.

I agree, no one has come close in 13 years.

Spedizzo
July 6th, 2015, 2:20 PM
I want to see Hogan on a cover.

Can Kevin Owens fit on the cover?

Donald
July 6th, 2015, 2:22 PM
Can Kevin Owens fit on the cover?

If they can fit Yokozuna on the WWF RAW game, they can fit Kevin Owens on this.

Hero!
July 6th, 2015, 2:30 PM

The guy on WWE 13 came close. Then they buried him under The Clique.

Spedizzo
July 6th, 2015, 2:36 PM
The guy on WWE 13 needs to have a drink

Morrison
July 6th, 2015, 2:45 PM

gee, thanks fact stating guy! coulda done with some passive aggressive undertones, though.

The guy on WWE 13 needs to have a drink
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol oh man

Spedizzo
July 6th, 2015, 3:05 PM
you're welcome

The Law
July 7th, 2015, 10:37 AM
It's definitely a problem that they're so hard up for stars that the only current guys big enough for the cover are Brock and Cena. Cena was just on last year, and I'm not sure why they didn't put Brock on other than the game having an Austin mode. Punk quit, Bryan got hurt. Other guys just aren't there yet, but I think Roman isn't far off. Neither is Seth.

If Taker is retiring then next year's theme is probably Undertaker Mode, so I could see him being on the cover next year. Maybe by 2017 they''ll have made a star big enough to be on the cover.

Spedizzo
July 7th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Vince McMahon should be on the cover.

Greatest heel in WWE history.

OD50
July 7th, 2015, 10:51 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Smackdown_vs_Raw_Boxart.jpg

Donald
July 7th, 2015, 11:05 AM
It's definitely a problem that they're so hard up for stars that the only current guys big enough for the cover are Brock and Cena. Cena was just on last year, and I'm not sure why they didn't put Brock on other than the game having an Austin mode. Punk quit, Bryan got hurt. Other guys just aren't there yet, but I think Roman isn't far off. Neither is Seth.

If Taker is retiring then next year's theme is probably Undertaker Mode, so I could see him being on the cover next year. Maybe by 2017 they''ll have made a star big enough to be on the cover.

Reliving the Undertaker's WrestleMania matches would be incredible. Would be awesome to have heel Jake, Sid, Bossman, and Giant Gonzalez in a game.

The Rogerer
July 7th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Can Kevin Owens fit on the cover?Will he even be in the game?

Mark Hammer
July 7th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I'm torn about Austin on the cover. It's almost ironic, WWE 2016 in large letters above 1999 Stone Cold... An Austin mode would be fantastic but they could have gone a better route than to showcase him on the cover over a decade after he retired. It reminds me of Wrestlemania when the commentators were clamoring over how fantastic it was that the fight they wanted to see in 1996 was now occurring in 2015 amongst old fart versions of themselves. It's ok to glorify and celebrate the past... to an extent.

The Rogerer
July 7th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Maybe they've just worked out that it's all 30-somethings buying these games and they go for it. They get stuck because they can't put their current hot stars on, since the new prospects are usually not in the game properly as they're released, so it's either that or Cena. I would say put several people on there, but there's probably a marketing person who tells them you need the 'cover star'.

Newf
July 10th, 2015, 7:04 AM
New behind the scenes of Finn's mocap looks like they might've fixed the hard camera side for the NXT arena. That'd be a small but amazing detail if so:

http://youtu.be/Wcz9-DSBVjU

I wonder how easy it is to modify all entrances to fit. Flip the walking motion so that they go to the opposite side, but retain certain hand specific taunts. For example: Trip's would do his water spit on the new hard camera side, but he'd still hold his bottle in his right hand? Maybe that's overkill.

Another bigger issue I'd like to see fixed is the generic match intro taunts for a title defense. The way the challenger would simply pump his fist in the air while the champ would thrust his title above his head and stumble around slightly always looked foolish to me. It really stood out during the Cena/Punk Showcase and began to wear at me.

Sancty
July 12th, 2015, 5:05 PM
Hoping they have a workaround for custom music with CAS this year. I just can't get into CAWs with inaccurate music.

The Law
July 14th, 2015, 9:09 PM
I'm torn about Austin on the cover. It's almost ironic, WWE 2016 in large letters above 1999 Stone Cold... An Austin mode would be fantastic but they could have gone a better route than to showcase him on the cover over a decade after he retired. It reminds me of Wrestlemania when the commentators were clamoring over how fantastic it was that the fight they wanted to see in 1996 was now occurring in 2015 amongst old fart versions of themselves. It's ok to glorify and celebrate the past... to an extent.

I'd be all in on Austin mode if they hadn't already covered so much of it in 2K13 and 2K14. They did his whole 1998 to Wrestlemania 15 run, then his Wrestlemania matches with Bret and Rock in 2K14. So what's there left that isn't a rehash? The Bret match from Survivor Series 1996. The shit with Taker in 1999. There's some good stuff in 2001, but it's just too much rehash.

The_Mike
July 14th, 2015, 9:15 PM
It's not as if they can do Austin/Benoit either.

The Law
July 14th, 2015, 9:17 PM
That's a good point. Or Austin/Angle, since Angle is under contract with TNA. So it's the Austin/Triple H Three Stages of Hell match and not a whole lot else.

Atty
July 14th, 2015, 9:36 PM
I'd be all in on Austin mode if they hadn't already covered so much of it in 2K13 and 2K14. They did his whole 1998 to Wrestlemania 15 run, then his Wrestlemania matches with Bret and Rock in 2K14. So what's there left that isn't a rehash? The Bret match from Survivor Series 1996. The shit with Taker in 1999. There's some good stuff in 2001, but it's just too much rehash.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Steve-Austin-Brock-Lesnar-WrestleMania-32-600x250.jpg

Donald
July 27th, 2015, 9:25 AM
My god I hope they don't take Hulk Hogan out of this game. Love playing as him, with the hulking up, taunts, etc. It's fantastic stuff.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2015, 9:30 AM
Terminator is going to be in this.

Slare
July 27th, 2015, 9:38 AM
when arnold was asked whether he was going to be on the cover, and if so, which part, guess what he said

Repo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChhIkuWPHX0

Slare
he said ILL BE BACK mikehunt, he said ILL BE BACK

Spedizzo
July 27th, 2015, 9:58 AM
My god I hope they don't take Hulk Hogan out of this game. Love playing as him, with the hulking up, taunts, etc. It's fantastic stuff.

Too late Donald.

Donald
July 27th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Is it that easy to take someone out of a game 3 months before release?

The Law
July 27th, 2015, 10:24 AM
They took Benoit out of Smackdown vs. Raw 2008. That happened a bit earlier, but I think they ended up delaying the game a month or so (it came out in November, they usually release in October).

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2015, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChhIkuWPHX0

ambrose should always have a cigar.

Hero!
July 27th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Ambrose is great.

Donald
July 27th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Nice seeing Finn Balor in the background there.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2015, 11:47 AM
whos the bald lad at the back of the pool table?

Hero!
July 27th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Looks like Tomasso Ciampa to me. The size and weight given fits him perfectly too.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 27th, 2015, 12:22 PM
It describes Balor as the NXT champion, which insinuates it's fairly "up to date" in advert terms... but lists Ambrose as the US Champion?

:panic: SPOILERZ :panic:

Hero!
July 27th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Total spoilers, it even list Bryan as WWE WHC!

Donald
July 27th, 2015, 12:28 PM
It also lists Paige as female!

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
it has dates of when they were champs.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Looks like Tomasso Ciampa to me. The size and weight given fits him perfectly too.

i thought it might be karl anderson.

Donald
July 27th, 2015, 1:35 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the Terminator came out looking like Arnold, then as the match goes on he starts peeling away and when he's fully damaged you're facing the machine.

Or just make the Terminator unstoppable. Nothing damages him.

Spedizzo
July 27th, 2015, 2:55 PM
I think it would be great if you could play as Fred Durst again.

darkhorse
July 27th, 2015, 5:18 PM
The Terminator was sent back in time to terminate the Undertaker's WrestleMania streak. Unfortunately he was sent back two years too late.

lotjx
July 27th, 2015, 7:06 PM
If there is not a Kyle Reese in this thing, I am going to call bullshit.

Atty
July 27th, 2015, 9:24 PM
Is Michael Biehn available? If not, I'm not interested.

Atty
July 27th, 2015, 9:24 PM
The Terminator was sent back in time to terminate the Undertaker's WrestleMania streak. Unfortunately he was sent back two years too late.

No he wasn't. He arrived right on time and completed his mission.

The_Mike
July 27th, 2015, 9:40 PM
Eat
Regenerate
Conquer Sarah Connor

Atty
July 27th, 2015, 9:46 PM
They should re-remake The Terminator with Brock in the role. Only this time his advocate travels back in time with him and talks to all his victims.

Romford Pele
July 29th, 2015, 4:08 AM
WWE game question - I last bought the 2010 version and didnt like it (no general manager mode for a start)

Is it worth me waiting for 2016 or buying a recent one? I dont want to anything to in-depth just to be able to do some matches and unlock the legends.

Morrison
July 29th, 2015, 4:39 AM
people really seemed to enjoy 2k14. the wrestlemania mode and a decent sized roster, match types and a more free CAE. i didnt play it. i bought 2k15 and really loved it. its got some limitations, they scaled things back a bit in a lot of areas, but it was still very playable and enjoyable. if you can wait, it might make sense to get 2k16 in october. theyre saying its going to have the biggest roster ever for a wwe game, plus hopefully some of the limitations and cut backs from last year will be restored or tweaked.

Romford Pele
July 29th, 2015, 4:55 AM
Is there a GM option? Going back a while, but I thought the Raw v Smackdown 2006 one was great.

OD50
July 29th, 2015, 5:01 AM
First 2K16 in-game screenshot:

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11363889_387728008104425_83479787_n.jpg
Sort of.. :wiggle:

Spedizzo
July 29th, 2015, 9:56 AM
If you care for online, then WWE 2K15 might be one of the worst WWE games in the last 7 years.

The Law
July 29th, 2015, 10:00 AM
WWE game question - I last bought the 2010 version and didnt like it (no general manager mode for a start)

Is it worth me waiting for 2016 or buying a recent one? I dont want to anything to in-depth just to be able to do some matches and unlock the legends.

I'd recommend picking up 2K14 for cheap before dropping $60 on the new one. 2K14 had solid gameplay, Wrestlemania mode, tons of legends, and 100 CAW spots. If you're into customization you can do anything you want with the game between all the CAW spots and create an arena.

Romford Pele
July 29th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Cheers man.

OD50
August 4th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Gamescom 2015: First WWE 2K16 Gameplay Details Revealed
By Vince Ingenito - Last year was challenging for WWE 2K15, as console generation transitions often are for sports sims. On top of the challenges that come with re-building an established franchise to meet the expectations that come with new hardware, Visual Concepts and Yukes opted to radically change the gameplay direction of the long-running wrestling series. It was a lot to handle, and while our WWE 2K15 review gave it a lot of credit for improving the depth and overall pacing of matches, there was a lot of missing meat in terms of the roster and feature set. After sitting down with 2K and Visual Concepts, it's clear that bridging that content gap while continuing to make matches feel more like the real thing is the gameplan for WWE 2K16.

Probably the biggest piece of news is the roster, which will top out at over 120 unique playable characters. I asked what "unique" meant exactly, and I liked the answer: that in most cases, it means an actually different person, not several different versions of the same character. If the same performer has two completely different gimmicks, those would be counted as separate unique characters, but the same wrestler from different eras wouldn't count towards that 120. So, completely hypothetically, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, and Mankind would represent three unique characters, but 90s Triple H and current Triple H would actually be just one. Again, no confirmation about any of those names/eras, but hopefully that illustrates just how big this roster is gonna be. And yes, we already know that there will be current NXT members on the roster. Finn Bálor fans rejoice!

What I'm most pleased with personally, is that they aren't turning back with the changes they've made to match pacing and overall gameplay - in fact, they're pushing further in the "simulation" direction. Chain grappling is back, and there are more transitions and moves now to reflect the abilities of the wrestlers involved. Chain grapples are also now impacted more by your wrestler's attribute values, and there can even be ties, resulting in breaks or cheap parting shots. More exciting is the addition of "working" grapples where the initiating wrestler can rest up and get some stamina back while draining his opponent's. It's a neat way of taking an element of in-ring performance and turning it into a useful gameplay mechanic.

Reversals have long been a tough to balance element, either turning matches into a never-ending chain of non-moves, or being so tricky to use that one player ends up watching helplessly as they get beat to a pulp for minutes at a time. This year, two huge changes to how reversals work may actually solve the issue once and for all. You start each match with a limited stock of reversals. Once you use one, it will slowly regenerate over time, meaning that if you try to counter every move thrown your way, you'll be out in no time flat, leaving you completely vulnerable until one regenerates. What's more, you can now pass on your initial chance to reverse a move at its startup, and instead attempt a mosre difficult to time "major" reversal mid-move. It will cost you two reversal stocks, but the effects can be match-changing, debuffing your opponent in a variety of possible ways and giving you time to really turn things around.

That's it for the big gameplay additions, though there's a bunch of small, significant additions that are either all-new, or a much needed return for something 2K15 was missing. Let's round up the rest of what's been revealed about 2K16:

MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
Online has been "overhauled."
Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
Improved ref and manager AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJt0wljlLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U1x82sq3yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GVzmK4dyY

OD50
August 4th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Blocking moves at different stages is nicked from WWE All-Stars I believe.

New submission system is nicked from UFC Undisputed 3 (also done by Yuke's)

"Rest holds" was first used in Day of Reckoning 2.

Limited number of reversals is something new I think, can't remember any previous wrestling game doing that. Good or bad though?

Attacks during entrances is nicked from Raw or Raw 2 on the OG X-Box.

Not complaining, just saying.

CAA and certain match types being back is nice. Hoping for Story Designer..

Kdestiny
August 4th, 2015, 1:00 PM
I wish the smoke looked better in Finns entrance.

That ring bell during the entrance was funny, and not a good funny.

OD50
August 5th, 2015, 6:42 AM
OFFICIAL WWE 2K16 FEATURE SUMMARY

Largest Roster Ever: Offering more than 120 unique playable characters, including cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin alongside Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Bad News Barrett, Paige and Finn Bálor, WWE 2K16 includes the largest roster in WWE games history

The roster contains an unprecedented combination of current WWE Superstars and Divas, emerging NXT talent, WWE Hall of Famers and WWE alumni from multiple eras

Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator: Fans who pre-order WWE 2K16 at any participating retailer will receive two exclusive playable versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator:

T-800 from The Terminator and T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day

2K Showcase: The franchise’s popular story-based mode returns in WWE 2K16, enabling players to relive iconic matches and moments in WWE history. Along the way, they will complete objectives to unlock legendary characters, entrance and ring gear, match types and unlockables.

MyCareer: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its second year, will see players define their legacies by making critical choices while rising through the ranks from NXT to WWE to earn a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame. In addition, they will train, compete against others, conduct personality-driven interviews, interfere with rivals and/or form the ultimate tag team.

Creation Suite: Building on last year’s foundation, WWE 2K16’sCreation Suite deepens the player’s arsenal with new feature options, including Create a Diva, Create a Championship, Create an Arena, and Create a Show. Key improvements have also been made to existing fan-favorite offerings, including Create a Superstar, Create an Entrance, Superstar Studio and Community Creations.

WWE Universe: WWE 2K16 makes core improvements to stories, rivals and match card selections. In addition, for the first time, Superstars can be assigned to multiple shows, enabling players to have a broader experience.

Online: Completely overhauled based on fan feedback, WWE 2K16 will provide users with multiple ways to play online with the WWE Games community, including an improved matchmaking system

Soundtrack: Players can customize their in-game music through the addition of Superstar entrance music to the WWE 2K16 Jukebox. Additional in-game music will be announced later this year.
Gameplay Improvements: WWE 2K16 will build upon last year’s foundation, including key enhancements and innovations based on critical and consumer feedback, to deliver the strongest WWE gameplay experience to date:

Improved Controls: The controls and move library were overhauled to cleanly separate strikes from grapples. This change provides players with more control over the exact type of attacks they want to initiate in every situation. WWE 2K16 also includes new attack positions, such as seated, to increase options for how players attack while experiencing greatly improved attacks outside the ring near barricades. Opponents will now react more accurately to their environment.
New Reversal System: The reversal system has been reworked to improve the overall flow of the match and also create a new level of strategy during the matches. Each Superstar has a limited number of reversals he or she can perform that recharge over time, meaning players might not want to simply try and reverse every attack. In addition, WWE 2K16 introduces Major and Minor reversals for select moves. Minor reversals are easier to perform and only require a single reversal stock. Major reversals are more challenging to perform; however, they yield a much greater reward than damage. Successful Major Reversals weaken the opponent in various ways and provide a new way to swing the momentum of the match in one’s favor.
New Pin System: The new pin system starts with an entirely new pin mini-game and offers a variety of new pin variations and reactions. If the opponent kicks out, a Superstar may react to the near pin fall and gesture to the referee in frustration. In addition, WWE 2K16 introduces dirty pins and rope breaks. Dirty pins allow players to use the ropes to their advantage to try and pin their opponents. There is a chance the referee may see this and call off the pin attempt. Rope Breaks are another way to get out of pin attempt but rely on the referee seeing the player grab the ropes. In line with WWE live events and programming, there is no guarantee what the referee is going to see during a match.
Chain Wrestling: New positions and attributes allow players to distinguish Superstars from one other. There can also be ties during a lockup; during the tie, there can be a clean break from the tie-up or a cheap shot from either the player or the opponent.
Working Holds: Working holds are new for WWE 2K16 and provide players with a way to regain stamina while depleting their opponents’ stamina. Just like on WWE programming, Working Holds provide a way to collect one’s self in the middle or late part of a match and prepare for the next plan of attack.
Improved AI: WWE 2K16 sees big improvements to the AI for Superstars, referees and managers. For example, managers can now engage during matches by either trying to distract the referee or get his attention to help out in the match. In addition, significant changes are included for match-specific AI, including Tag Team matches.
More Match Types: Many match types of been added for WWE 2K16, including Ladder, handicap and tornado tag matches.
Dynamic Entrances: With the improved presentation flow for matches, players are now able to take control of their Superstars during the entrances and have the option to attack their opponents before the match even starts. Why wait for the bell? In WWE 2K16, players can decide when they are ready for action.

Additional Improvements: WWE 2K16 also includes an improved Submission system and a vast number of new moves to create an even more engaging gameplay experience.

Overall Enhancements: WWE 2K16 improves upon authenticity across the board, including:

New Commentary Team: For the first time, a three-man team is now a part of the franchise, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield, new to WWE 2K16 joining returning commentators Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler. Thousands of new lines were recorded, primarily in side by side studio sessions, ensuring authentic interactions among the trio.
Visual Upgrades: This year’s title features several thousand new animations. WWE Superstar and Diva appearance are also been updated, including implementation of a full cloth physics system, enabling attire to appear and respond as realistically as possible. Improved crowd variety, as well as more realistic sweat, better hair and hair physics round out the visual enhancements.
Broadcast Presentation: Gone are loading screens between entrances and the start of matches; instead, the camera pans the arena and over to the commentary team for thoughts on the upcoming match. Significant improvements were also made to overall match presentation and flow, including new crowd members.

Source: 2K Sports

Spedizzo
August 5th, 2015, 7:35 AM
-Glad to see they are aware of how SHIT online was last year. I hope entrances are included and it really is improved.

-Also thrilled about a new pin system. Especially in relation to online. If there is a slight bit of lag and you attempt a pin on me, you pretty much won the match.

-Interested they changed up the redcurrant reversal system. A one-button-reverse-all-reversal system was shit.

TimeSplitter
August 5th, 2015, 7:46 AM
Is the MyCareer only going to be on next-gen consoles only once again?

The_Mike
August 5th, 2015, 2:28 PM
The features and roster look really solid this year. I'm just wondering what the annual obnoxious bug will be.

Xtreme Rebel
August 5th, 2015, 3:14 PM
Wild guess...something that ties the Dirty Pin/Rope Break success rate to either the superstar (CenaWinsLOL) or their rating in a way that you can't use the ropes to pin or avoid being pinned when playing against the top tier of the roster

lotjx
August 5th, 2015, 4:16 PM
I haven't bought one of these in awhile, so they eliminated ladder, handicapped and tornado tag matches? WTF where they thinking? I am curious about this, but I would like some idea if there is going to be GM Mode and how many create a wrestlers you can create/download. The last one I got was maybe in 2011 or 2012 and downloading was a bitch.

Newf
August 5th, 2015, 4:29 PM
I haven't bought one of these in awhile, so they eliminated ladder, handicapped and tornado tag matches? WTF where they thinking? I am curious about this, but I would like some idea if there is going to be GM Mode and how many create a wrestlers you can create/download. The last one I got was maybe in 2011 or 2012 and downloading was a bitch.

Essentially they rebuilt the engine on Xbox One and PS4 necessitating a scaling back of some of the features last year. A lot of nixed modes and features should make a return. It was necessary to move from a decades-old engine.

Mr McGregor
August 6th, 2015, 8:45 AM
***The Below Is Pure Lies***

IGN just posted a deceptive video possibly but not really showing the roster screen at 0:58, and women's roster at 1:05. Interesting imaginary stuff. It probably definitely isn't final or authentic - Hogan's still there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74YSM3KyRB8

Typed out and spoilered:
Adam Rose
Aiden English
Bad News Barrett
Baron Corbin
Big E
Big Bossman (?)
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Blake
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Bull Dempsey
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christian
Colin Cassady
Curtis Axel
D’Von Dudley
Daniel Bryan
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Edge
Enzo Amore
Fandango
Faarooq (?)
Fernando
Finn Balor
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Hulk Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jake Roberts
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Luke Harper
Mankind
Mark Henry
Million Dollar Man
Miz
Mojo Rawley
Murphy
Neville
R Truth
Randy Orton
Road Dogg
Rob Van Dam
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Rhyno
Rusev
Ryback
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Simon Gotch
Sin Cara
Shane McMahon
Stardust
Sting
Steve Austin
Titus O’Neil
Triple H
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
Undertaker
Viktor
Vince McMahon
Viscera
William Regal
X Pac
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

AJ Lee
Alexa Bliss
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Brie Bella
Cameron
Charlotte
Emma
Eva Marie
Ivory
Lita
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Paige
Rosa Mendes
Sasha Banks
Stephanie McMahon
Summer Rae
Tamina
Tori
Trish Stratus

Whopping

Newf
August 6th, 2015, 9:54 AM
According to that video, we've got:

Adam Rose
Aiden English
Bad News Barrett
Baron Corbin
Big E
Big Boss Man
Big Show
Billy Gunn
Blake
Bo Dallas
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Dudley
Bull Dempsey
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Cesaro
Christian
Colin Cassady
Curtis Axel
Devon Dudley
Daniel Bryan

Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otuna
Dean Ambrose
Diego
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Edge
Enzo Amore
Fandango
Farrooq?
Fernando
Finn Balor
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Hulk Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jake Roberts
Jamie Noble
JBL
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso

Joey Mercury
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Luke Harper
Mankind
Mark Henry
Million Dollar Man
Miz
Mojo Rawley
Murphy
Neville
R Truth
Randy Orton
Road Dogg
RVD
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Rhyno
Rusev

Ryback
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Simon Gotch
Sin Cara
Shane McMahon
Stardust
Sting
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Titus O'Neil
Triple H
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
Undertaker
Viktor
Vince McMahon
Viscera
William Regal
X-Pac
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

AJ Lee
Alexa Bliss
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Brie Bella
Cameron
Charlotte
Emma
Eva Marie
Ivory
Lita

Naomi
Natalya
Nikkia Bella
Paige
Rosa Mendes
Charlotte
Stephanie McMahon
Summer Rae
Tamina
Tori
Trish Stratus

Honestly, I'm really pleased so far. I'm sad Becky doesn't seem to be in, yet, but I'm willing to bet we'll see her and Samoa Joe as DLC. There's almost no way we won't get them.

I don't think there's a single person missing from the main roster when compared to this list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

... except Hornswoggle and El Torito and, like, come on. Big deal. Becky and Lana are the only omissions from the womens roster and as I said I'm sure Lynch will be DLC and Lana will be available as a manager.

There's really no one from NXT that stands out as a glaring omission. Riley? Didn't do much other than his feud with Owens. TBK? I would've loved to have seen him in the game but, again, didn't do much on screen. Solomon Crowe? Again, I wouldn't mind him in the game but he's yet to make a big splash.

I honestly think they've represented the main roster and NXT REALLY well this year.

The legends are a bit interesting. Jake is a must for Austin's King of the Ring moment. DX makes sense as well. Dudleys are cool too and I'm assuming JBL will have a Bradshaw attire to go with Farrooq. Viscera is an interesting addition. Some Ministry stuff I'm guessing? I'm assuming we'll see a Ministry Taker attire if that's the case as well. I'm guessing we'd be getting Acolyte Farrooq and Bradshaw then, not APA.

Interesting to note when they hover over Sting that 3 attires pop up for him. Cool way of incorporating in different models without taking up extra spaces in the menu.

Mr McGregor
August 6th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Hair Vs Hair is an option? That might be good for some lols.

Newf
August 6th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I wonder if that opens the door to edit superstar hair now? Before the hair was essentially part of the model. They made a big leap last year in letting us edit clothes, but maybe this year it goes a step further? If there essentially exists a bald variant of every model (or the default is bald and hair is "added") then maybe we can edit it.

It might also bode well for more hair selection. Essentially every piece of clothing was available to us last year as the game made us of them for the roster themselves. Maybe the same will be true for hair this year? If it can be removed it can be added back, so we'll essentially have every hair option from the roster available to use for our CAWs?

Sancty
August 6th, 2015, 11:34 AM
It'd be great if the game remembers that their head is shaved for things like Universe mode and you can keep them bald unless you manually override it at a later date.

Spedizzo
August 6th, 2015, 1:48 PM
It'd be great if when they say "new pin system" it's actually yanno, a new fucking pin system. In the videos posted on IGN it is basically the same pin system except a different color.

Newf
August 6th, 2015, 2:29 PM
Well it's somewhat new, isn't it? It's circular rather than a bar... which on the surface might not seem like a big difference but may play out better in practice.

Fuck boys, the roster tho! EVERYONE on the main roster is in the game and anyone that might get called up in the next year is there too! Joe is almost guaranteed DLC and I have faith we'll get Becky Lynch! If not I bet she'll be easily made with the returning Create a Diva!

Beer-Belly
August 6th, 2015, 2:41 PM
I'm pretty stoked, but I also enjoyed next-gen 2K15 more than a lot of other folks.

VanillaJello
August 6th, 2015, 3:36 PM
Wait... what? The Terminator is a playable character?

MikeHunt
August 6th, 2015, 3:52 PM
the images in the video are fake apparently, taken from some lads video. ign are be rightfully laughed at. also the chumps in that video are complete cunts.

Newf
August 6th, 2015, 3:56 PM
Piss: yeah, it's from Smacktalks roster concept posted about a month back:

http://youtu.be/gv4Qa9D9O1Q

I thought the Sting bit felt familiar but couldn't make the connection.

Sancty
August 6th, 2015, 4:06 PM
the images in the video are fake apparently, taken from some lads video. ign are be rightfully laughed at. also the chumps in that video are complete cunts.

I thought something was up when Shane McMahon was clearly out of alphabetical order coming after Shawn Michaels and Sin Cara not to mention the Becky Lynch oversight when Mojo Rawley was in the game.

Mr McGregor
August 6th, 2015, 4:30 PM
Well, goddamn :lol: :ashamed: I shall edit it all away. Sorry.

Idiot Gash Nonces

OD50
August 6th, 2015, 4:35 PM
Good. Was horrified at the legends roster.

Chris Dolmeth
August 6th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Same here, the Dudleyz were the only ones to real stand out.

All I want is Owen Hart :(

darkhorse
August 6th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I'd love to have the entire Hart Foundation, including Pillman.

Big
August 7th, 2015, 7:53 PM
I just want a complete roster with every relevant WWE, NXT, WWF, ECW & WCW wrestler that had any sort of impact.
They do it with the other sports' games.

The_Mike
August 7th, 2015, 7:55 PM
It's fairly easy to do with other sports games when you only need to pay attention to the face and can use stock bodies and uniforms. I never did buy THQ's claim that it takes 6 months to do a single model but it's definitely harder making a bunch of wrestlers.

Chris Dolmeth
August 7th, 2015, 9:55 PM
Ahmed Johnson would be dope. He should be in it too.

S.H. Styles
August 7th, 2015, 10:02 PM
I hope NXT is heavily featured in this game. With the way they're hyping it up as the largest roster in history, it sure looks that way.

I loved the showcase mode in 2K15, but the feuds were a huge let down. HHH/HBK was the only good one. Punk/Cena was OK, but it wasn't great. Plus, Punk had already left the company by that point and said he was never coming back. I get that they showed 2012 footage and matches from him, but it was awkard. Then you had Mark Henry and his hall of pain mode, which again, was ok for what it was, but I feel like they could have done so much more. I might feel this way because 2K15 was the first WWE game I played since SVR 2009, but I still think they could have done more.

I want to see Rock/Austin in one of those modes. Rock/HHH. Austin/Bret. Bret/HBK. Even Lesnar/Taker. Might be too late for that, as they're probably wrapping it up as of now and won't be able to incorporate their SummerSlam match into the game, but still.

I've already pre-ordered, and am excited to see what they bring. And as for the poster who said he really hopes they don't take Hogan out of this game, I completely agree with you, but there's no chance they keep him in. They've scrubbed him from other parts of the company, and this will be no different. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Newf
August 7th, 2015, 11:34 PM
It's fairly easy to do with other sports games when you only need to pay attention to the face and can use stock bodies and uniforms. I never did buy THQ's claim that it takes 6 months to do a single model but it's definitely harder making a bunch of wrestlers.

I was under the impression the new scan tech vastly sped up the time it took to get new models in the game. Also looking at a guy like Seth, they haven't (yet) edited his hair to account for the grown-out blonde streak so theyre clearly using the same base model with edited attire. Probably doing the same for a lot of guys that have barely changed their look since last game. Probably cuts down on the overall time it takes to create a model. I got the impression past games required them rebuilding models from scratch.

Donald
August 10th, 2015, 11:01 AM
This is the first WWE game I'll be getting on release day since 2011 so I'm quite stoked about this. Even tempted to avoid reading any of the roster to be blown away.

Newf
August 10th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Well, some roster confirmations, legit ones this time:

Booker T
Colonel Mustafa
Emma
Eva Marie
General Adnan
Kalisto
Kane
Lord Steven Regal
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Tamina
Triple H

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/10/igns-weekly-wwe-2k16-roster-reveal?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

There's a video of Kalisto's entrance on that page that sees him fighting Barrett with Barrett waiting ringside in the standard position in front of the announcers, but the camera cuts up close to Kalisto and then back to the hard camera angle and it's interesting to note that it seems like Barrett is being player controlled while the entrance is still going.

Also cool to see Emma and Tamina in there, bodes well for other lesser-used superstars making the cut.

Not sure why we're getting Adnan and Mustafa. They made sense for the showcase last year, but are they just recycling their models this year? Same with Lord Regal.

The Law
August 10th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Yeah, the additions of Adnan, Mustafa, and Lord Steven Regal makes me think that they're just going to re-use old characters. Which I get, but that's still a little disappointing. Add in the guys from Wrestlemania Mode and some of the Attitude Era guys (along with the NWO) and you've got your 120 wrestlers.

Mr McGregor
August 10th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Thanks for posting - I couldn't be sure if it was legit :$ Apparently, they will be updating the roster each Monday, similar to the old "SmackDown Countdown" days. But they still cannot be trusted.

What is the entrance timer about? Was it in last year's game and does it have anything to do with being able to interfere do you think? I can't find anything on how that works.

Morrison
August 10th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Thanks for posting - I couldn't be sure if it was legit :$ Apparently, they will be updating the roster each Monday, similar to the old "SmackDown Countdown" days. But they still cannot be trusted.

What is the entrance timer about? Was it in last year's game and does it have anything to do with being able to interfere do you think? I can't find anything on how that works.
yes they can. this is the officially sanctioned roster reveal that starts every year around summerslam.

Hero!
August 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Nah, sounds fishy

Donald
August 10th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Why Col. Mustafa, put him as the Iron Sheik.

MikeHunt
August 10th, 2015, 12:57 PM
probably something stupid like they dont want kids googling iron sheik.

Donald
August 10th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Watched Iron Sheik's HOF induction speech on Saturday, couldn't stop laughing.

Newf
August 10th, 2015, 1:34 PM
Why Col. Mustafa, put him as the Iron Sheik.

Agreed. I mean, obviously we can edit him but it won't change the call name.

I'm still a little sore about that fake roster but I'm still holding out hope we get some solid NXT representation and, hopefully, everyone on the main roster currently. If Emma and Tamina are in then my confidence is bolstered.

How does everyone feel about the staggered roster reveal? Does it really do anything to increase anticipation in this day and age? I'd probably plop down a preorder right now if I knew the roster upfront. This waiting game almost pisses me off, especially if it ends up being lackluster after making me wait 2 months to find out.

Sancty
August 10th, 2015, 1:46 PM

It's fairly easy to do with other sports games because you negotiate with the union and that's pretty much it. For this you'd have to negotiate with anyone who doesn't have a legends contract separately.

Spedizzo
August 10th, 2015, 1:50 PM
I wish they would add back features like in HCTP where you can Spear from 100 feet in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9dHgMwYLjA

Completely forgot about that.

the_man_diva
August 11th, 2015, 2:52 AM
I think you guys are forgetting that we're supposed to get "multiple versions" of some characters, featuring different gimmicks. I'm okay with them recycling the DLC characters if that means we get William Regal with Lord Stephen Regal and if we also get The Iron Shiek with Mustafa. Also, with Alexa Bliss being confirmed a while back, I think it's safe to say there will be some really good representation from NXT this year. I'm excited that it seems we'll finally get a decent roster of Divas this year too.

This leads me to wonder just WHO they will have planned for DLC this year, it's usually around 15 wrestlers that make the DLC cut.

Mr McGregor
August 11th, 2015, 5:55 AM
yes they can. this is the officially sanctioned roster reveal that starts every year around summerslam.

It's alright - I'm harbouring a grudge from an earlier deception.

How does everyone feel about the staggered roster reveal? Does it really do anything to increase anticipation in this day and age? I'd probably plop down a preorder right now if I knew the roster upfront. This waiting game almost pisses me off, especially if it ends up being lackluster after making me wait 2 months to find out.

I think just seeing the size of the roster from the list of names we typed out has got me invested, personally. I don't expect the roster to be up-to-date, they've never been able to manage that and it's a disappointment each year so I'll stay skeptical. I'm more interested in how the roster is unlocked in the game, whether all 120 are available immediately or whether you have to work for them. I'd prefer something to work for.

the_man_diva
August 12th, 2015, 2:14 AM
I like having to work for the unlockables too.... mainly in career mode, when beating someone in story mode meant unlocking them for free play.

Beer-Belly
August 12th, 2015, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6YOGqm3150

A tent revival led by Stone Cold is a genius idea.

The Law
August 12th, 2015, 10:32 PM
-54 male man roster wrestlers
-15 main roster women
-19 NXT men (didn't count Joe, Rhyno, and Kendrick who are too recent and some of the more obscure guys)
-4 NXT women (Bayley, Dana Brook, Carmella, Alexa Bliss)

That's already 92 wrestlers. Add in Austin, Foley (presumably all four faces of Foley?), Vince, Stephanie. Add in some of the legends they always have (Shawn, Bret, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Andre). You get close to 120 pretty damn fast.

Newf
August 13th, 2015, 12:28 PM
CAW beards look great this year:

https://instagram.com/p/6TcRdGlURE/

The_Mike
August 13th, 2015, 12:58 PM
It's fairly easy to do with other sports games because you negotiate with the union and that's pretty much it. For this you'd have to negotiate with anyone who doesn't have a legends contract separately.

I'm sure that would be a hurdle but I'm talking about physically making the models, not signing people to use their likeness. THQ constantly said it took 6 months to make a single wrestler, though Newf mentioned that 2K seem to have a much faster process now.

Sancty
August 13th, 2015, 1:08 PM
THQ said a lot of things... I believe they were just lazy or unwilling to dedicate the appropriate resources to do the job correctly.

The_Mike
August 13th, 2015, 1:22 PM
Exactly.

Sancty
August 13th, 2015, 1:25 PM
Sorry Mike, just realizing that I actually had intended to quote Big's comment more than yours:

I just want a complete roster with every relevant WWE, NXT, WWF, ECW & WCW wrestler that had any sort of impact.
They do it with the other sports' games.

They do it with other sports games because you negotiate with the union and that's pretty much it. For this you'd have to negotiate with anyone who doesn't have a legends contract separately.

Hero!
August 14th, 2015, 1:31 PM
In a random twist of fate, someone just gave me and unopened cope of 2K14. I'll probably put a few hours into it this weekend. Is it good? What should I play around with the most?

The Law
August 15th, 2015, 8:46 AM
Wrestlemania Mode is pretty awesome.

Mr McGregor
August 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/08/17/ko-screenshotjpg-73eae8.jpg
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/08/17/tyler-breeze-screenshotjpg-73eaeb.jpg
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2015/08/17/stardust-screenshot-2jpg-67c3f7.jpg
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/08/17/itami-screenshotjpg-73eae7.jpg
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/08/17/neville-screenshotjpg-435301.jpg

New roster additions August 17th:

Adam Rose
Bo Dallas
Brie Bella
Brock Lesnar
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Jack Swagger
Kevin Owens
Neville
Nikki Bella
Ric Flair
Sami Zayn
Roman Reigns
Stardust
Sting
Tyler Breeze
Ultimate Warrior
Zack Ryder

I'm pretty much satisfied with roster so far as it is. I'll take the game now please.

Donald
August 17th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Can't wait to have Undertaker come down with a selfie stick :lol:

Newf
August 17th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Some of those guys have been confirmed by playing around with the URL for existing, released renders (like taking Emma's URL and changing it to "Zack-Ryder" for example) in case people were wondering why they're not including in the main IGN article so far.

I'm glad to see Ryder and Slater as both haven't done much this past year and often one or the other has been left out in past years (we got neither last year.) It bodes well for a deep main roster. Glad to see Breeze as well. Itami and Owens seemed like locks due to their star power, but I felt like Breeze was in a similar boat to Ryder and Slater... just on the cusp of inclusion. I know WE want him, but would the developers think he's important enough?

My only disappointment so far is that my initial prediction (based on an early shot of Finn's entrance) that the NXT arena's hard camera - and therefore ramp side - would be switched turned out to be wrong as confirmed by Owens' entrance. Ah well, still looks awesome.

Mr McGregor
August 17th, 2015, 11:59 AM
My only disappointment so far is that my initial prediction (based on an early shot of Finn's entrance) that the NXT arena's hard camera - and therefore ramp side - would be switched turned out to be wrong as confirmed by Owens' entrance. Ah well, still looks awesome.

I still can't understand why they cannot replicate the camera angles they use on TV, at least if only for the entrances. They do such a good job with the rest of the presentation, it seems like such an easy thing to get right. It might hide the fact that, with the NXT arena, the referee is in the front row of the audience behind the barricade!

Newf
August 17th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I guess the issue then becomes that entrances would to be flipped, too. Lest Triple H do his apron water spit with his back to the hard camera. THAT would then create some issues where props (like H's water bottle) are in the wrong hand. That's not so big of a deal, mind you, but take The Rock (not that he'd appear in NXT in real life, but you could make him in the game), when he climbs the turnbuckle and throws his right arm up. He'd be doing it with his left arm. Again, maybe not so big of a detail but you'd get some people complaining that it was the wrong arm. I think it might be easier to just leave it than to have to work with all the contingencies of telling the game to flip the arena and motions for the NXT arena.

RuneEdge
August 17th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I cant imagine it being too hard to have certain portions of entrance animations being able to switch, depending on what arena and camera they're working with. Seems like really basic level stuff I'd have expected from even the PS2 era.

DeepMo
August 17th, 2015, 8:16 PM
I just wish we get a game with the actual MSG entrance.

Sancty
August 18th, 2015, 6:47 AM
I just wish we get a game with the actual MSG entrance.

The actual MSG no longer has the actual MSG entrance.

OD50
August 18th, 2015, 3:33 PM
I'm keeping tab on the Legends® roster..

General Adnan (was he playable last year?)
Colonel Mustafa/Iron Sheik
Ric Flair
Ultimate Warrior
Sting

With Adnan/Mustafa being back from last year I guess everyone sans Hogan will be back in this one.

Rick Rude
Andre The Giant
Honky Tonk Man
Sgt Slaughter
Macho Man/King
Sid Justice

Hopefully the managers, Sherri, Heenan, Hart and Bearer as well.

Since Steven Regal made it maybe the WCW pack will return as well..

Lex Luger
Bam Bam Bigelow
DDP
Fit Finlay
Lex Luger

Really hoping for guys like Piper, Steamboat, Jake The Snake and Mr Perfect.

Sancty
August 18th, 2015, 3:54 PM
It'll be interesting with Piper having been stripped from his Legends deal what that means for his inclusion.

Donald
August 18th, 2015, 4:00 PM
I hope Sid is a playable character this year.

DeepMo
August 19th, 2015, 12:53 AM
I mean for the arenas that would be featured in "Showcase Mode."

Newf
August 19th, 2015, 12:56 AM
WWE 2K dev account posted a quick clip of an update to the face import feature... basically you tell it where the eyes/mouth/nose, etc. are and then it morphs the face to suit it. Saves much time and effort trying to morph it yourself to line up with the imported face texture.

OD50
August 19th, 2015, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOh5CADKRNs

Never played 2k15, but it sounds like this is a great improvement from last year.

Newf
August 19th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Am I an idiot or is the guy doing that video the idiot? "It really helps move the texture where you want it." No, it looks like it's moving the morph to match the texture. Why would you want to move the texture? That's the truer representation of the face you're trying to create. You want the underlying morph to match that, not the other way around.

The Law
August 21st, 2015, 12:49 PM
Are they announcing the full roster this weekend? Seems like that's what they've done the last few years.

Donald
August 21st, 2015, 1:34 PM
Are they announcing the full roster this weekend? Seems like that's what they've done the last few years.

I believe I read somewhere that Steve Austin was hosting a roster reveal this weekend.

Spedizzo
August 21st, 2015, 1:38 PM
I hope he doesn't wear pants during the reveal.

They don't call him the Texas Rattlesnake for nothing!!!

Donald
August 21st, 2015, 1:50 PM
If my dick made rattling noises, I'd go see a doctor.

Newf
August 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Alicia Fox
Bam Bam Bigelow
Big Show
Cameron
Cesaro
Darren Young
Diamond Dallas Page
Dolph Zigger
Fit Finlay
Kevin Nash
Layla
Lex Luger
Miz
Naomi
Randy Orton
Sheamus
Titus O'Neal
Tyson Kidd

And Simon Gotch and Aiden English are confirmed as well since the Cesaro/Kidd entrance video is a tag match against them.

SICK!

We might be getting a deep NXT roster after all, the the main roster is getting closer and closer to being complete as well.

And I think we can definitely confirm they're recycling the legends from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbKaV6k5gk0

You really have to see the Vaudevillians' entrance. It's great! I love JBL's hat sitting on the announce table too.

Donald
August 24th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I'd love to have Bam Bam's heel WWF theme in this game. Bam Bam!

Spedizzo
August 24th, 2015, 2:02 PM
You would, Donald, wouldn't you. You filthy animal.

Donald
August 24th, 2015, 2:25 PM
Yes, I actually was very upset about it not being in WWE 2k15.

the_man_diva
August 27th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Okay, so we only have 59 "confirmed" Superstars/Divas so far. 62 if you include Brie Bella (she hasn't been revealed but if Nikki is in, it's common sense) and The Vaudevillains who were seen in gameplay footage. I'm super stoked to see who else is filling out this roster because it seems like they're nailing pretty much everyone possible (Layla, really? I'm happy and all but she didn't do anything for how long?). Does anone think we'll get AJ Lee this year or do you think she would be removed? I remember WWE keeping in Michelle McCool after she "retired" for WWE '12 so I could easily see AJ making the cut too.

darkhorse
August 27th, 2015, 3:03 AM
I doubt we'll see AJ. Michelle McCool stayed in WWE 12 because she isn't married to someone who's on bad terms with the company, and if they can get rid of Hogan for recent events, they can certainly get rid of AJ. If the WWE's going so far as to keep the Divas belt on perhaps the biggest lame duck champion in WWE history just to spite Mr. and Mrs. CM Punk by breaking AJ's record (especially when FAR superior options are now on the main roster and the Divas division is now losing credibility at an exponentially greater rate as a result of keeping the belt where it is), I don't see why they'd let AJ stay in the game.

the_man_diva
August 28th, 2015, 2:49 AM
There's always the chance, I thought I read somewhere that she "retired" so she could get out of having to work at WWE because she was still under contract. I mean, they did release that new action figure of her well after her retirement.

Spedizzo
August 28th, 2015, 9:01 AM
Is Kelly Kelly in the game?

I like to use her theme for my personal CAW.

Mr McGregor
August 28th, 2015, 9:15 AM
"All the girls in the club go oooooh"?

Honestly, the roster's getting confusing. Sources which I would've previously relied on are confirming folk like Enzo, Cass, Vader, Carmella without any mention of where/who confirmed them. Even IGN are showing videos and screens of additions without listing them in their articles (Vaudevillains, Heyman).

The reversal gameplay looks interesting. I'm not sure if that was in last year's game. Reportedly you have a set number of reversals available, 3-5, so you're forced to use them tactically. Some stronger moves and finishers can be reversed, costing two reversals. Basically you're compelled to take a few moves throughout the matches, which is pretty good IMO.

the_man_diva
August 28th, 2015, 9:25 AM

Honestly, the roster's getting confusing. Sources which I would've previously relied on are confirming folk like Enzo, Cass, Vader, Carmella without any mention of where/who confirmed them. Even IGN are showing videos and screens of additions without listing them in their articles (Vaudevillains, Heyman).

The reversal gameplay looks interesting. I'm not sure if that was in last year's game. Reportedly you have a set number of reversals available, 3-5, so you're forced to use them tactically. Some stronger moves and finishers can be reversed, costing two reversals. Basically you're compelled to take a few moves throughout the matches, which is pretty good IMO.

Yeah, I like the idea of the reversals... I hope that just applies to the AI as well or that's going to really suck. LOL. But it does make things interesting and a little bit easier to deal with than having to always try to reverse a reversal, lol. Vaudevillains entrance is so awesome, that's going to be my defacto tag team now.

darkhorse
August 28th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Is Kelly Kelly in the game?

I like to use her theme for my personal CAW.

Hopefully 2K will have the good sense to bring back custom themes.

Donald
August 28th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Hopefully you can edit everyone's entrances. There's something very amusing to having the Undertaker come skipping out to AJ's theme.

Matthew
August 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Hopefully 2K will have the good sense to bring back custom themes.
nope

Morrison
August 28th, 2015, 1:47 PM

is there gonna be an single button press to do these reversals? cause if youre gonna be limited in the amount of reversals you can do, but also have to hit the correct timing like the typical reversal system, i find that prettt convoluted. theres something about making te gameplay deeper, but that feels too conplex for its own good. having unlimited reversals allows you to attempt throughout the match to take less damage, and sometimes you'll succeed(unless youre super good at timing them) and save yourself. but adding two different layers onto the system seems unneeded.

Atty
August 28th, 2015, 2:04 PM
I want a big match setting. Like, if you're dong GM Mode (forget what they call it now) and playing your WM main event, both guys will keep kicking out of everything.

Heck, I'd love a QTE super finish akin to the end of Shawn/Taker at 26.

The Law
August 28th, 2015, 2:07 PM
Limiting the number of reversals is a good idea.

Can you change the match settings for GM Mode? I never use it but for regular matches you can change the settings from Quick, Normal, and Epic to affect the length of the match.

Newf
August 28th, 2015, 7:59 PM
2Kdev account has confirmed 100 save slots and a new hair dye feature. Gonna make Jeff Hardy CAWs really interesting.

Newf
August 31st, 2015, 10:41 AM
New additions this week, including Gotch and English being officially confirmed:

Aiden English
Andre the Giant
Batista
Chris Jericho
Curtis Axel
Dean Ambrose
Edge
Erick Rowan
Fandango
John "Bradshaw" Layfield
Luke Harper
Randy "Macho Man" Savage
Natalya
Ravishing Rick Rude
R-Truth
Ryback
Santino Marella
Sergeant Slaughter
Simon Gotch
Stephanie McMahon
The Rock
The Undertaker

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2015/08/31/image-2015-08-20-11-17-22jpg-77e056_765w.jpg

Sancty
August 31st, 2015, 10:43 AM
These character models are something else.

Newf
August 31st, 2015, 12:20 PM
The comparison of 2K15 Nattie vs. 2K16 is pretty impressive:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNvawmNWwAAM7tg.jpg

Newf
August 31st, 2015, 8:11 PM
I was thinking of taking the roster and bolding the people confirmed and greying the people yet to be confirmed, for a nice visual representation of who's in and isn't so far, but that's a lot of work. Someone on Reddit went to the trouble of listing which active superstars haven't been confirmed yet. That's good enough. They left Enzo, Cass and Corbin off the list as they shirts appear in the crowd and that's enough for them to confirm them, but I disagree.

Alex Riley
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Big E
Blake
Braun Strowman
Bubba-Ray
Bull Dempsey
Cal Bishop
Chad Gable
Christian
Damien Sandow
Dash Wilder
David Otunga
Diego
D-Von
El Torito
Fernando
Jason Jordan
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Marcus Louis
Mark Henry
Mojo Rawley
Murphy
Rhyno
Samoa Joe
Sawyer Fulton
Scott Dawson
Solomon Crowe
Sylvester LeFort
Tye Dillinger
Viktor
Xavier Woods

That's not a bad list at all. Obviously the New Day will be confirmed. Sandow and Christian are shoe-ins, and there's no reason the Ascension and Mark Henry shouldn't be in either. I think Becky and Bayley will make the cut, and I'm even quite confident in Blake & Murphy and Los Matadores. The rest of the list is NXT minor cast, or guys like Strowman who JUST debuted, the Dudleyz who JUST returned, or Joe who missed the cut but could probably be DLC.

Atty
August 31st, 2015, 9:50 PM
I know the answer here will be, rightly, just wait. But I'm itching for some wrestling and am thinking about picking up 15 for PS4. Should I just wait or is it not a bad call for 15-20 bucks?

Mark Hammer
August 31st, 2015, 9:55 PM
It's worth 15-20 bucks if you haven't played one in a few years. I did it and didn't think it was nearly as bad as critics claimed it to be, then again one of it's biggest criticisms was that nothing was improved from the year before. At least this one has a somewhat up-to-date roster.

Then again WWE2K16 is coming out in a couple of months so you might be better off waiting for that.

Atty
August 31st, 2015, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I'm in that area where I'm not sure if I should just wait.

But then I want Punk and Hulky (and their music) in the game... :(

Mark Hammer
August 31st, 2015, 10:37 PM
It's worth 15 bucks.

Morrison
August 31st, 2015, 11:18 PM
i was a big fan of 15. it's certainly worth $15-20. we're a little less than two months away from 16 dropping, so basically, do you think you'll play 15 enough in those two months? if so, there's no reason not to pick it up for some fun. otherwise you should wait.

Beer-Belly
August 31st, 2015, 11:24 PM
There'll be a million good Punk CAWs you can download if that's what your worried about, Atty.

Morrison
September 1st, 2015, 12:43 AM
There'll be a million good Punk CAWs you can download if that's what your worried about, Atty.

oh no doubt, but likely no 'cult of personality.'

Atty
September 1st, 2015, 12:51 AM
And I'll need Cult of Personality for when I do WM 33, where Punk returns to challenge Brock's year plus run where he tore the Undertaker's arm clear off and beat him with it until he submitted. Punk of course having summoned a mighty robeast that destroyed Voltron and his Green Ranger in the octogon during that same time.

OD50
September 1st, 2015, 5:17 AM
I'm keeping tab on the Legends® roster..

General Adnan (NPC?)
Colonel Mustafa/Iron Sheik
Ric Flair
Ultimate Warrior
Sting
Rick Rude
Andre The Giant
Sgt Slaughter
Macho Man Randy Savage
Bam Bam Bigelow
DDP
Fit Finlay
Lex Luger

Only legends not recycled from 2K15 so far is Jake Roberts, hoping for a couple more that were not in last year (Piper, Perfect etc).

Hoping that Andre and Savage has their 2K14 or brand new models, The ones in 2K15 looked really bad compared to the previous year for some strange reason. Rick Rude didn't look to good in either 2K14 or 2K15.

Donald
September 1st, 2015, 7:15 AM
Isn't it tough to make characters from scratch? Like, they scan in all the current roster, but have to create the likes of Rick Rude, Roberts, etc.

Mr McGregor
September 1st, 2015, 7:16 AM
is there gonna be an single button press to do these reversals? cause if youre gonna be limited in the amount of reversals you can do, but also have to hit the correct timing like the typical reversal system, i find that prettt convoluted. theres something about making te gameplay deeper, but that feels too conplex for its own good. having unlimited reversals allows you to attempt throughout the match to take less damage, and sometimes you'll succeed(unless youre super good at timing them) and save yourself. but adding two different layers onto the system seems unneeded.

I don't know the actual button command, but this is from IGN's 'Hands-On (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/27/wwe-2k16-hands-on-wrestle-smarter-not-harder)' preview article:

"WRESTLE SMARTER, NOT HARDER

Professional wrestling, in terms of the physical performances required, is a pretty complex thing to emulate compared to something like, say, baseball, or tennis. In order to make a wrestling game that all the millions (and millions) of wrestling fans can play, a lot of that has been traditionally been streamlined or abstracted, but WWE 2K16 marks another step away from that, just as last year’s game did. WWE 2K16 adds extra layers of nuance that might seem small, but they actually invite players to wrestle smarter, and make better strategic decisions.

The biggest expression of this is how the reversal system has been fleshed out. Fans get nervous whenever reversals are brought up, because how they’re handled can have a massive effect on match flow, to the point of ruin in some cases. But so far, the changes and additions that Yukes and Visual Concepts have made are helping immensely.

For starters, reversals are now an actual resource you need to manage. More technically sound wrestlers might have a stock of five, while others might have four or three. Every time you successfully reverse a move, you lose one stock, which will begin to regenerate very slowly over time. The result is that matches between two good players won’t turn into an endless chain of reversals, occasionally highlighted by a successful move when someone makes a mistake. It keeps the pace of the match moving a lot more like what you see in an actual match.

The next layer is the addition of “major” reversals. Not every move can be reversed in this way, but the ones that can be have unique reversal indicators. The first will show up during the normal reversal window at the start of a move, but if you wait, there will be a second, smaller window somewhere in the middle. It’s much tougher to hit, and costs two reversal stocks, but the effort is worth it, giving you a momentum boost that can swing the direction of the match.

This played a big role in how I approached the matches I played. Since I wanted to keep two reversals stocked at all times in case a major reversal opportunity popped up, I’d let smaller moves hit me unless I was really taking a beating. Likewise, I found myself holding off on big moves I knew could be major reversed until my opponent only had a single stock left to prevent them from hitting one. Don’t want your finisher reversed? Save it for when your opponent is out of reversals to guarantee that you’ll hit with it. No previous entry in the series has made me think this way."

Personally I think it's quite a nice touch, making it more of a pro-wrestling game instead of just a fighting game. Strapping on the boots of a wrestler, you're not going to be reversing every move - you're going to need to sell some of them, tell a story etc (unless you want to squash every match).

OD50
September 1st, 2015, 8:17 AM
Might take some getting used to, but yeah reversal-fests sure aint fun. I remember in HCTP when I had my maxed out Kurt Angle in career mode, playing on the hardest "Smackdown!" setting. When I faced the more elite guys like HHH, Brock, Goldberg, Taker etc they reversed like 99% of my offence and I blocked 99% of theirs. Pretty much the only damage dealt was when we blocked/reversed each others moves.

:no:

OD50
September 1st, 2015, 8:26 AM
Isn't it tough to make characters from scratch? Like, they scan in all the current roster, but have to create the likes of Rick Rude, Roberts, etc.
Sure. I just don't get how they went from this Andre in 2K14:

http://caws.ws/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/IMG_0075.jpg
To this in 2K15:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZLvHn2U-doc/sddefault.jpg
Went from fairly accurate to some kind of mongoloid looking ogre.

the_man_diva
September 1st, 2015, 9:19 AM
I was thinking of taking the roster and bolding the people confirmed and greying the people yet to be confirmed, for a nice visual representation of who's in and isn't so far, but that's a lot of work. Someone on Reddit went to the trouble of listing which active superstars haven't been confirmed yet. That's good enough. They left Enzo, Cass and Corbin off the list as they shirts appear in the crowd and that's enough for them to confirm them, but I disagree.

Alex Riley
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Big E
Blake
Braun Strowman
Bubba-Ray
Bull Dempsey
Cal Bishop
Chad Gable
Christian
Damien Sandow
Dash Wilder
David Otunga
Diego
D-Von
El Torito
Fernando
Jason Jordan
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Marcus Louis
Mark Henry
Mojo Rawley
Murphy
Rhyno
Samoa Joe
Sawyer Fulton
Scott Dawson
Solomon Crowe
Sylvester LeFort
Tye Dillinger
Viktor
Xavier Woods

That's not a bad list at all. Obviously the New Day will be confirmed. Sandow and Christian are shoe-ins, and there's no reason the Ascension and Mark Henry shouldn't be in either. I think Becky and Bayley will make the cut, and I'm even quite confident in Blake & Murphy and Los Matadores. The rest of the list is NXT minor cast, or guys like Strowman who JUST debuted, the Dudleyz who JUST returned, or Joe who missed the cut but could probably be DLC.

Um, did Sasha and Charlotte get confirmed or am I missing something?

Mr McGregor
September 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM
Um, did Sasha and Charlotte get confirmed or am I missing something?

I can't see that they have anywhere yet :no: Folk are assuming roster confirmations by spotting merchandise worn in the game crowd (Enzo & Cass) or from random foreign retailers (Alexa Bliss). Not very reliable in either circumstance.

Atty
September 1st, 2015, 12:28 PM
I had a dream that Sasha hadn't made it.

RuneEdge
September 1st, 2015, 2:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN1TQm-UwAAXiF8.png
Ambrose looks great, I think.

OD50
September 2nd, 2015, 6:18 AM
Not the best video but the gameplay's looking good I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=396&v=UQVgYFEvR8Y

the_man_diva
September 2nd, 2015, 6:24 AM
Well Rosa Mendes and Sasha Banks have both stated that they were scanned for WWE 2K16 and Natalya, on Total Divas, told her dad that 2K wanted to scan him for the video game as well. That was in the episode that took place over WrestleMania weekend. So if we get the Anvil, I expect we'll get Bret. Or they could be DLC. If managers are not playable, I hope we can edit their bodies and turn them into playable characters, would love to do that with Lana and Sherri (<-- Who I assume will be in because all the DLC seems to be getting recycled). Manager-wise, I expect we'll see those two, everyone who was in last year minus Ricardo, and maybe the inclusion of Classy Freddie Blassie (who is on the SuperCard roster). Would love to see Mr. Fuji & Miss Elizabeth return as well.

OD50
September 2nd, 2015, 6:45 AM
I wonder if there's any chance Owen Hart will make it, the Stone Cold/Hart Foundation feud will definitely lack without him (looking at SummerSlam '97 and Survivor Series '97). Probably not, but I think the Ultimate Warrior signed with THQ instead of WWE to be in WWE 2K14, or maybe I'm thinking of Randy Savage signing directly with THQ for WWE '12 and WWE All-stars? Not sure, maybe I'm remembering completely wrong.

Freddie Blassie
Bobby Heenan
Jimmy Hart
Sherri
Elizabeth
Mr Fuji

Being in as managers would be dope.

Chris Dolmeth
September 2nd, 2015, 8:50 AM
:yes: Jim Cornette too, please.

The Law
September 2nd, 2015, 2:52 PM
No chance Owen is in the game. WWE is in the midst of a lawsuit over the use of his image with his widow.

Donald
September 2nd, 2015, 2:54 PM
I'm fine with Owens. :)

Spedizzo
September 2nd, 2015, 3:00 PM
Is 2K able to fit Kevin Owens into the game though?

Seems like he may require additional resources compared to most other Superstars.

Donald
September 2nd, 2015, 3:04 PM
They just used the Yokozuna model and put a beard and a Fight Owen Fight shirt on him.

Spedizzo
September 2nd, 2015, 3:08 PM
I hope they made Kevin Owens shorter in that case. Yokozuna was 6'6.

Maybe use a different shade for his skin too.

Donald
September 2nd, 2015, 3:12 PM
They did manager to replace the 500 lbs of rice and raw fish in the cut scene with Yoko to 500 lbs of Big Macs though.

Spedizzo
September 2nd, 2015, 3:15 PM
Do you think Cesaro looks at Kevin Owens in catering with disgust and whispers over to Randy Orton in his Swiss accent,

"Heh, peegee like to eat"

Randy Orton then laughs

and goes outside to ask a fan for a cigarette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzG2hfUOEq0

the_man_diva
September 3rd, 2015, 3:24 AM
Well, WWE is releasing a DVD of Owen Hart finally... so MAYBE they reached an agreement (HHH has that affect on people who hate WWE/Vince... Ultimate Warrior, Bruno, etc.). If Owen is in this game, I will mark out... just hope that it will have the rest of the Foundation too, Pillman and Davey Boy included.

OD50
September 3rd, 2015, 4:24 AM
Like I mentioned earlier, I know someone signed a deal directly with THQ instead of with WWE which is the standard practice. It was either Warrior, Savage or Bruno when the guy in question was still on bad terms with WWE. Pretty sure it was the Macho Man who signed on for WWE '12 and WWE All-Stars back in 2011. Not Saying Owen will be in this game, but you never know.

OD50
September 3rd, 2015, 4:30 AM
Some triple threat action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAkUB91P4XE

I really dig the clothesline over the top rope.

Mr McGregor
September 3rd, 2015, 6:53 AM
I really dig the clothesline over the top rope.

Nice. I wonder if it's a move based on any wrestler's proximity to the ropes, or if you have to assign it to your moveset.

Also, the Levi's Stadium looks... shite?

Spedizzo
September 3rd, 2015, 9:11 AM
I don't dig the pinning system

Donald
September 3rd, 2015, 9:13 AM
I dig it, sucka!

Spedizzo
September 3rd, 2015, 9:14 AM
I always wished Booker T said,

Can you dig it, fucka?

Donald
September 3rd, 2015, 9:27 AM
I always thought sucka was just a nice way of saying n***a.

Spedizzo
September 3rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Maybe.

Donald
September 3rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Like, Booker really meant to say "Hulk Hogan, we coming for you sucka!"

Spedizzo
September 3rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
What did he say instead?

Donald
September 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
"Let's go rob a Wendy's!"