PDA

View Full Version : Jon "Bones" Jones Appreciation Thread

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Royce Gracie, Fedor, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones. IMHO, the 4 most dominant fighters of their time. Even if Silva and Jones' time bleeds into each other (same could be said about Fedor-Silva) but you get the point.

Jones is one of the most dominant fighters I've ever seen in any weightclass, any sport really. He has a laundry list of top names under his belt and he's not even at his physical prime yet. There's so much more he can become, his skill set has so much more time to develop and I am glad I will be able to look back and go DAMN, that guy was incredible. I think that he could develop more power into his striking, but his GNP is probably the most deadly that I've seen in ages, probably since Fedor's prime. But Fedor didn't have broadswords for fucking elbow smashes lol.

All in all, Jon "Bones" Jones, his legacy is already surpassing countless others. Very excited for his upcoming bout with Rumble Johnson and if he wins what his next move will be. Heavyweight? I don't think he NEEDS to move up in weight, but I think the lack of legit challengers might force his hand. Who else at 205 is on the horizon to challenge Jones? If Jones gets through Rumble, who do you see Jones defending the title against next? Or does he?

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Royce had the benefit of competing when nobody outside of the Gracie family practiced BJJ or even knew what it was. That same Royce would get absolutely wrecked by your average mid-tier UFC fighter today.

This time last year I would have openly accepted the argument for Anderson Silva as GOAT. But a failed PED test later, for a fight against a smaller man with a style custom-suited for him, and there will forever be a tarnish on his career. I wonder just how many of his wins were under the influence of PED's.

Fedor is a good candidate for GOAT, but never fighting under the UFC banner will hurt him. Even though the HW division in PRIDE was better than any HW division the UFC has ever had. What was it, like a 30 some odd winning streak with the only blemish being a cut stoppage prior to Werdum? Not to mention his pudgy physique compared to that of the monsters he was destroying... I'd put him over Royce and Silva, but I dunno about

Jones. The greatest fighter of all time. And at only 27 years old he hasn't even hit his physical prime yet! A very scary thought.

PS- An appalling lack of GSP mentioned in this thread. I'd put him ahead of Silva and very far ahead of Royce.

Mik
March 17th, 2015, 11:30 AM
My honest opinion is that either Silva used peds to recover from his leg injury quicker...or that pretty much everyone is on peds and therefore Silva always was, but that doesnt take away from his accomplishments, because they probably always were too. Either way, he's still one of the GOATs for me.

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I don't disagree with that. I still think GSP edges him out though.

Also regarding Jones' next fight at 205 should he get past Rumble: yeah I don't see anyone on the immediate horizon. Maybe Gus with a win or two considering how the first fight went but it will be hard to shake the image of what Rumble did to him.

Nash Diesel
March 17th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Mark, keep in mind the thread is about Jon Jones, not GSP, Anderson, Royce, Couture, etc. That was just my lead in to hype up just how good Jones is, by mentioning his name in that legendary class of fighters and Jones isn't even at the peak yet. I didn't mention GSP simply because I felt Silva tested himself more, I felt Jones has fought and demolished the competition more severely than GSP, and Royce, well that goes back to the 2nd sentence where I said "for their time". Of course if you put 1994 Royce into the UFC today he'd get wrecked, that still doesn't take away from the statement "for their time".

Mark Hammer
March 17th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Oh, gotcha. And I did miss the "for their time" part.

But I disagree that Silva tested himself more than GSP. He could have fought comfortably at 205 all along, he just chose to cut the extra weight and be a large middleweight.

GSP also retired with the belt, which is about as boss as it gets. And if he were to return he'd immediately get a top relevant fight in his division. Silva, not so much, he'll get a marquee match that holds no consequence, assuming he ever fights again.

Beer-Belly
September 29th, 2015, 12:47 PM
So, this piece of shit got off with up to 18 months of supervised probation. He does have to make 72 appearances at youth clubs, though, so there's that.

Nash Diesel
September 29th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I'll say this, I didn't expect him to go to jail for this because usually people with money don't, I mean look at Rampage, how much jail time did he serve for going on a "rampage"? But I wouldn't have been surprised if he did.

Mark Hammer
September 29th, 2015, 1:11 PM
So, this piece of shit got off with up to 18 months of supervised probation. He does have to make 72 appearances at youth clubs, though, so there's that.

Awesome. :yes:

Can't wait to see him back in the Octagon. Jones/DC II will be massive.

Nash Diesel
September 29th, 2015, 1:16 PM
Will the UFC step in and suspend/fine him since he pretty violated their code of conduct or are they going to just say the law did their job and they're not going to do anything further...?

Mark Hammer
September 29th, 2015, 1:20 PM
The latter. Why does the UFC need to punish him any further than the law did?

Nash Diesel
September 29th, 2015, 1:35 PM
The latter. Why does the UFC need to punish him any further than the law did?

Again, he obviously violated their employee code of conduct so that's why I was just curious since it doesn't look like this ruling will affect his MMA status one bit. So I didn't know if it would be like what they've done to people who tweet rape jokes or shit like that.

Mik
September 30th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I think that generally the law comes first with these things and if they gave him a slap on the wrists, the UFC is likely to follow suit.

The law did their job, is the UFC going to go harsher and keep their best fighter and one of their biggest PPV draws out...for what?

Seanny One Ball
October 1st, 2015, 10:34 AM
Hey man I read a story recently about an American kid that killed 4 people in brazen drunk driving incident and got off with 10 years probation in a rich kid rehab facility because - and no shit with this - he was never told about consequences growing up.

Jon Jones got his punishment and I see no problem with it.
No need to ruin a life and career over a wee ding in a car.

Spedizzo
October 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
I hope Gus wins against DC, I rather see Jones vs. Gus II than Jones vs. DC II.

Imagine Bader beats Rashad, then beats DC or Gus, and we get Jones vs. Bader II? That would be shit.

Nash Diesel
October 1st, 2015, 11:06 AM
I don't mind Bader. He has his moments where you want to fall asleep but then he also has put on some really entertaining fights both in victory and defeat.

Mark Hammer
October 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
Bader's a good fighter but Jones smoked him easily. No desire whatsoever to see that rematch ever.

Spedizzo
October 1st, 2015, 2:13 PM
Same. That is why I have no interest in that fight.

He's not going to knock out Jones... he won't submit him... he won't out wrestle him... no point.

Nash Diesel
October 1st, 2015, 5:40 PM
That fight was a long time ago though. I can't forget about Bader losing to Tito which is probably going to haunt him unless he beats Rashad and then the loser of DC-Gus. But again, it was a long time ago, Bader v. Jones. Not saying it would go any differently, but you go back and watch series' between the likes of Penn-Hughes, Rampage-Wanderlai, sometimes rematches play out totally different.

Mik
October 2nd, 2015, 4:23 AM
I cant help but think that a lot of Bader's wins have come from his opponents being shit lately rather than Bader being good. Can we really say that we'd expect him to beat Gus, Rumble, Cormier or Jones?

Nash Diesel
October 2nd, 2015, 10:46 AM
I think he could beat Gus and Rumble, idk about Cormier, 87% sure he'd lose to Jones. I'm 97% sure there isn't a LHW on the planet that has a realistic chance of beating Jon Jones.

Seanny One Ball
October 4th, 2015, 3:03 PM
No Mik is spot on, Bader is just Tito Lite.

Mark Hammer
October 4th, 2015, 7:43 PM
Don't agree with that at all. Bader has improved tenfold since his days of lnp'ing injured fat Rampage.

Percussion
October 4th, 2015, 8:34 PM
Don't agree with that at all. Bader has improved tenfold since his days of lnp'ing injured fat Rampage.

That's really not saying much.

Nash Diesel
October 5th, 2015, 9:39 AM
He COULD be Tito lite. Think about it. This is right about the time Tito has his "comeback" toward the LHW title and he finally gets to rematch Chuck, or in Bader's case Jon Jones, and it's the same result. Then Tito went on to lose 90% of his fights for the next 7-8 years. It's a reach for sure but that's about the only similarities. Their styles are different, they look and act different, Tito v. Bader 2 in Bellator?

Hero!
October 23rd, 2015, 1:23 PM
Bones Jones reinstated by UFC. Hopefully he can get back in the octagon and punch Cormier's stupid fat face into the mat and take his belt back.

Beer-Belly
October 23rd, 2015, 1:54 PM
Bones Jones reinstated by UFC. Hopefully he can get back in the octagon and punch Cormier's stupid fat face into the mat and take his belt back.

Cormier seems like a down to earth dude and he's also a wrasslin' fan. Jones is a phony "Christian" coke-head who does hit-and-runs. How anyone can support the latter is beyond me. He's a piece of shit.

Atty
October 23rd, 2015, 2:26 PM
Jones vs. Lesnar at Mania.

Mark Hammer
October 23rd, 2015, 8:45 PM
Cormier seems like a down to earth dude and he's also a wrasslin' fan. Jones is a phony "Christian" coke-head who does hit-and-runs. How anyone can support the latter is beyond me. He's a piece of shit.
Cormier talks a lot of fabricated shit, is phonier than Jones, and is a rasslin fan.

Jones is the greatest fighter of all time. Change your kotex.

Percussion
October 23rd, 2015, 9:08 PM
Cormier has admitted to taking a promo style of bs, but has otherwise been a decent guy by all accounts. Jones has practically insisted on being black belt jesus, all the while being an out of control prick. And I don't care generally what an entertainer does in their free time, but just be honest like a Charles Barkely or even Rampage. Say you don't care to be a role model and you're just doing you, that's fair. But fuck off with the holier than thou act while you're anything but.

That said, Jones will just wipe the floor with DC again, so whatev.

Beer-Belly
October 25th, 2015, 3:10 AM
Cormier talks a lot of fabricated shit, is phonier than Jones, and is a rasslin fan.

Jones is the greatest fighter of all time. Change your kotex.

What percussion said.

Jones may be the greatest fighter of all time, but he's still a hypocritical scum bag.

Mik
October 25th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Cormier says Jones is fake, admits that he is being fake.

He's a hypocrite too.

Spedizzo
October 26th, 2015, 10:56 AM
I despised Jones when he was a fake, holier-than-thou, preaching, phoney Jon Jones.

Ever since Jon Jones turned heel and started getting DUIs and calling Cormier a pussy off-mic, getting into brawls at press conferences, hit and running preggos while on coke, etc (allegedly), I started to like him more.

But that speaks more about my own mental issues than anything else.

Nash Diesel
October 26th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I despised Jones when he was a fake, holier-than-thou, preaching, phoney Jon Jones.

Ever since Jon Jones turned heel and started getting DUIs and calling Cormier a pussy off-mic, getting into brawls at press conferences, hit and running preggos while on coke, etc (allegedly), I started to like him more.

But that speaks more about my own mental issues than anything else.

lol.

He needs to get his shit in check, plain and simple. It will eventually affect his performances, too much outside interference.

Beer-Belly
October 26th, 2015, 9:46 PM
Cormier says Jones is fake, admits that he is being fake.

He's a hypocrite too.

But Cormier admits to it.

Seanny One Ball
October 30th, 2015, 12:03 AM
MMA needs Jon Jones. He is proof that there is a next tier, a higher level and a genuine fury it must inspire in his "challengers". Jon Jones has had one challenger and it was Alex

Spedizzo
November 19th, 2015, 10:18 AM
http://s2.glbimg.com/NyOFwxaLB65HFsOHSATLUrsta9g=/smart/s.glbimg.com/es/ge/f/original/2015/11/19/screen_shot_2015-11-18_at_10.08.18_pm.png

How the hell is he going to cut to 205?

Hero!
November 19th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Jesus Christ what a transformation. I wonder how that will affect his fight game.

Atty
November 19th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Bones vs. Brock at Mania.

Spedizzo
November 19th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I think this will hinder his performance at 205 (if he can even make 205)

All that mass never translates positively in the Octagon

He was already a force, he didn't need that mass

It will only hurt his cardio, which seemed to be one of his few flaws

He already had a strength advantage and was tossing around the strongest wrestlers in the division like they were children

Spedizzo
November 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Bones vs. Brock at Mania.

DO you think WWE would rather Bones vs. Brock at Mania or Ronda vs. Steph?

Hero!
November 19th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I think this will hinder his performance at 205 (if he can even make 205)

All that mass never translates positively in the Octagon

He was already a force, he didn't need that mass

It will only hurt his cardio, which seemed to be one of his few flaws

He already had a strength advantage and was tossing around the strongest wrestlers in the division like they were children

Yupp, those are all my fears, honestly. Getting yoked up like that could just weigh him down and slow up his fight game. We won't know until he actually fights, but I don't like seeing someone just up and completely morph their body like that, especially when the guy was already an absolute beast of a fighter.

Spedizzo
November 19th, 2015, 12:12 PM
my guess is he is not going back to LHW to be honest, what is the point? he cleaned out the division and had the belt taken away from him. He is going to win the belt back just to give it back to them?

I think he is going right to heavyweight, he has been talking about it for a while

He is 6'4, he is already taller than most of the heavyweights

with all that mass, I can't see how he is possibly cutting to LHW when he already had a tough weight cut

Hero!
November 19th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I wonder what he weighs now.

Spedizzo
November 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
and heavyweight will be a completely different animal for him. He had a tough time with Gus. Guys like Werdum and such all who have Gus' size with elite BJJ and whatever else will all be a problem for Jones. I think this will hurt his legacy.

Nash Diesel
November 19th, 2015, 1:13 PM
I'd love to see Jones at HW.

Atty
November 19th, 2015, 2:13 PM
I think this will hurt his legacy.

Pretty sure he's already taken care of that.

chatty
November 19th, 2015, 4:49 PM
He'll need the extra mass at heavyweight and considering his size he was likely cutting a shit load to get down to LHW so with a period of inctivity it's probably the right move to make.

Nash Diesel
November 19th, 2015, 5:36 PM
I wonder what he weighs now.

I think he said on Instagram that he was only weighing at like 224lbs. He looks more like 254lbs.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Dana White is saying that Jones moving up to HW is going down for sure. Not sure when, someone on Sherdog predicted that Jones could very well challenge for the HW title at UFC 200. I don't see that happening, but a move to HW does seem to have some truth. He looks gigantic.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 2:26 PM
I think Jones is going to find HW rather unwelcoming.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 2:29 PM
I think Jones is going to find HW rather unwelcoming.

There's definitely that risk of moving up in weight especially to HW but I've never found HW to be this sea of unbeatable talent. It's hard for me to say really anything about Jones moving up in HW because there are some guys who I foresee giving him problems for sure but I don't think anyone is going to rinse him out with ease.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 2:31 PM
Unbeatable talent ... rinse him ... with ease ...

I'm not sure why you quoted me relative to those ideas.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 2:33 PM

I quoted you because you said you think Jones will find HW unwelcoming. How will it be unwelcoming? I guess I took you using that word as HW will be a difficult division for him to thrive in. Am I understanding your use of that word correctly? Because when someone says I'd find something unwelcoming it usually isn't a good thing, it usually means miserable lol.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 2:53 PM
I think you made a bit of an absurd leap from unwelcoming to rinse him with ease. That said ...

Jones made a name off of practically dismantling the LHW division. He was a physical specimen there. Clearly he won't have that advantage at HW, and that's what moving up is typically all about. But I don't think it just ends there for Jones. I think on top of meeting matchups in size, length, carrying weight, etc, he'll meet a psychological wall competing at HW. Just my opinion of course, but I think there may be a bit of bully factor that will take place. He'll get manned up harder than ever before and I'm not so sure he's got the psyche to withstand it. I could be 100% as wrong as I've ever been about anything on that. Until I see him overcome his immaturity though I'm pretty hesitant to believe it.

None of this means I think he's going to get shitcanned on arrival at HW. I do question how he handles adversity though and think he's going to face a different kind of, and more, adversity sooner and throughout his move as a HW than ever before at LHW. He's built like a colossus for MMA, but I get the feeling he's got a head like a bag of cats and solving puzzles out of his comfort zone will be more than he bargained for. We shall see and it'll be fun as hell to find out.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 3:13 PM
I think you made a bit of an absurd leap from unwelcoming to rinse him with ease. That said ...

Jones made a name off of practically dismantling the LHW division. He was a physical specimen there. Clearly he won't have that advantage at HW, and that's what moving up is typically all about. But I don't think it just ends there for Jones. I think on top of meeting matchups in size, length, carrying weight, etc, he'll meet a psychological wall competing at HW. Just my opinion of course, but I think there may be a bit of bully factor that will take place. He'll get manned up harder than ever before and I'm not so sure he's got the psyche to withstand it. I could be 100% as wrong as I've ever been about anything on that. Until I see him overcome his immaturity though I'm pretty hesitant to believe it.

None of this means I think he's going to get shitcanned on arrival at HW. I do question how he handles adversity though and think he's going to face a different kind of, and more, adversity sooner and throughout his move as a HW than ever before at LHW. He's built like a colossus for MMA, but I get the feeling he's got a head like a bag of cats and solving puzzles out of his comfort zone will be more than he bargained for. We shall see and it'll be fun as hell to find out.

I wasn't even saying that you were implying he'd get rinsed with ease, that's just my opinion, that I think he will have competition but I don't see anyone destroying him or anything like that. That's my only opinion about him moving up to HW.

Definitely agree about the mental aspect. I mean he'll be just as big as a lot of guys at HW but he's not used to it. He could probably say "I train with guys like Mir, Arlovski, Browne, etc." but that's training, that's not someone trying to take your spot, take your belt, take your livelihood, it's sparring, trying to make each other better. So again I agree, the mental aspect of moving up will be something a guy like Jones needs to be prepared for and not get frustrated, keep composed. It's hard to predict how he'd do at this stage but I definitely feel like the answers will come by the end of the year.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 3:51 PM
Nobody made any absurd leaps, shut up percussion.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 3:53 PM
Uhh, yes he did.

Go fuck yourself Seanny.

Glad we had this talk.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 3:57 PM
No he made a statement after using your post as a jump off and you immediately became ultra defensive and took it to mean he was arguing with you.

There's no need for that attitude sonny Jim, it makes you look desperately stupid.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 4:01 PM
No he made a statement after using your post as a jump off and you immediately became ultra defensive and took it to mean he was arguing with you.

There's no need for that attitude sonny Jim, it makes you look desperately stupid.

lol, calm down fellers. :)

That's all it was, a jump off to my own opinion.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:01 PM

You mentioned Jones in the division, Nash had an opinion that followed.
Just because you think it will be tough on him and Nash thinks it may be tough but he wont get killed doesn't mean you are disagreeing at all.

The only absurd leap here is how you assume Nash to be arguing with you when he clearly just wanted to say he thinks Jones will fit in in the HW division without getting battered around with ease, whether you agree or not is of no consequence to this opinion.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:04 PM
You know that bit in I lLove You, Man where Jason Segel says Rush are the best band of all time and Paul Rudd says something like "Yeah try of ALL TIME!"?

Yeah you basically just Paul Rudded yourself percussion you muppet.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 4:20 PM
I asserted an opinion about Jones' move. Nash then created a strawman in taking what I said and attaching much more to it.

Meanwhile you neg repping me while contributing fuck all to the conversation is utterly fantastic.

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 4:28 PM
I'll admit, I should've asked you if you what you meant by "unwelcoming" before running with what I thought you were implying and piggybacking off my interpretation.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:34 PM
He didn't make a strawman at all, he even said that earlier you idiot.

Look I'll show you:

I wasn't even saying that you were implying he'd get rinsed with ease, that's just my opinion,

As far as contributions to the conversation go I'd hold onto my rock while I'm standing in the glasshouse if I were you champ.

I'm completely with Nash on this anyway, Jones will be fine in the HW division and he certainly wont be unwelcome in any way shape or form. I think the real issue here is that you really do want Jones to get hammered in the HW and you just don't want to admit it now that Nash has reasonably said it probably wont happen like that and now you're stuck between not making a point and not being able to make the point you want to because you foolishly fought against it when you thought Nash was disagreeing with you.

Gump

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:35 PM
Oh way to go Nash, the one time I fucking stick up for you.

Why are you capitulating anyway, you didn't directly say anything that comes off as argumentative or absurd in there.

Percussion
December 7th, 2015, 4:36 PM
I'll admit, I should've asked you if you what you meant by "unwelcoming" before running with what I thought you were implying and piggybacking off my interpretation.

I got zero issue with that. You and I have discussed/argued enough to not bat much of an eye at stuff like that. Hence that lack of dispute between the two people actually contributing to the conversation.

Anywho, I hope Jones destroys the first HW opponent he faces. I still think he'll hit a wall sooner than later, but it would be absolutely best for MMA.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:38 PM
Nash Percussion wants to suck your balls now, you're welcome

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 4:41 PM
Oh way to go Nash, the one time I fucking stick up for you.

Why are you capitulating anyway, you didn't directly say anything that comes off as argumentative or absurd in there.

hahaha, I'm just trying to stay positive. You know me man I get sucked into these negative conversations and I don't have any issues right now with what's being said, it's a busy day lol. I know I didn't say anything argumentative or absurd, but I try to handle each one of you differently just like I would my kids lol. This is what I get for trying to do a little damage control.

I got zero issue with that. You and I have discussed/argued enough to not bat much of an eye at stuff like that. Hence that lack of dispute between the two people actually contributing to the conversation.

Anywho, I hope Jones destroys the first HW opponent he faces. I still think he'll hit a wall sooner than later, but it would be absolutely best for MMA.

Oh it's no secret that I do feel you at times take things the wrong way and it leads to a bunch of bullshit nonsense between you and myself or others, whatever, right now I'm just not in the mood to let it get out of hand.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:48 PM
I hope Jon Jones doesn't change his nickname for the step up in weight, remember when Diego went from the Nightmare to the Dream?

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 4:49 PM
I hope Jon Jones doesn't change his nickname for the step up in weight, remember when Diego went from the Nightmare to the Dream?

lol that was so dumb, and now he's back to being the Nightmare...........

Jon "Don't Give A Fuck" Jones would work though.

Seanny One Ball
December 7th, 2015, 4:55 PM
Jon "I Treat 'em All Like Pregnant Drivin' Bitches" Jones

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 5:01 PM
COLD! love it.

Eddie Brock
December 7th, 2015, 5:55 PM
I'd like to see him bounce back and forth between the two, to be honest.

Eddie Brock
December 7th, 2015, 5:58 PM
Divisions that is, not nicknames. :lol:

Nash Diesel
December 7th, 2015, 6:04 PM
Divisions that is, not nicknames. :lol:

Hey, both work. You can have more than 1 nickname, look at Dan Henderson but yeah I thought it was funny.

OD50
December 9th, 2015, 8:27 AM
Jon "Hit n' Run" Jones?

Works?

Nash Diesel
December 9th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Jon "Hit n' Run" Jones?

Works?

lol

Seanny One Ball
December 9th, 2015, 8:35 PM
Kalib "get hit once and run" Starnes

Percussion
January 8th, 2016, 6:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k1HCqQ4x3Y

:lol:

Nash Diesel
August 15th, 2016, 9:49 AM
Per Jon Jones' Instagram:

“I’m sure you guys are curious about what’s going on with this USADA situation,” he continued. “Obviously I can’t get into it because it’s still pending, but what I can say is that we have found out lots of really good news, and I am expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon.”

Mark Hammer
August 17th, 2016, 5:22 PM
Kalib "get hit once and run" Starnes

Seanny "get hit once and crumble" One Ball.

Nash Diesel
August 17th, 2016, 5:30 PM

Mark "Ask him to post a picture of himself and he falls off the map for 5 months" Hammer

:) :)

I still want that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Hammer
August 17th, 2016, 5:33 PM
Nash "It's Still Real to Me Dammit" Diesel.

Nash Diesel
August 17th, 2016, 5:47 PM
Nash "It's Still Real to Me Dammit" Diesel.

:( It is....

Seanny One Ball
August 17th, 2016, 6:14 PM

Freshly returned from running like fuck the last time you tried this weeks ago. God that's depressing. Do you ever change?

Mark Hammer
August 17th, 2016, 6:21 PM
Returned from what? All I ask is that you please refrain from chastising professional fighters as if they are pussies. You are malnourished and would be annihilated in any form of physical competition.

Seanny One Ball
August 18th, 2016, 5:55 AM
You're such a chore

Mik
August 18th, 2016, 5:56 AM
Who cares? We aren't here for fighting, we are here for discussing. You can say a football player is crap just because you haven't played football. Don't even start turning this shit into a personal insult contest.

Still, I can't really see how anyone who fights for a living could be a pussy, but that's just fight fan vernacular isn't it?

so apparently bones didn't pop for what people thought he popped for, but did pop for something else.

And he thinks he's going to get less of a ban for that?

Seanny One Ball
August 18th, 2016, 8:30 AM
Nobody said anyone was a pussy but I find your inability to even warn Mark for that completely out of the blue pop to be really odd. FYI Kalib Starnes got hit and did run away, there's no questioning the veracity of that truth.

Nash Diesel
August 18th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Yeah SOB wasn't saying anyone was a pussy but he wasn't wrong about Kalib Starnes. The dude was shook fighting Nate Quarry and this is the legacy Starnes left behind lol.

As far as Bones goes, if he unknowingly took tainted supplements then he could MAYBE face a 6 month suspension because that is what happened to Tim Means and Yoel Romero if I'm not mistaken, I could be it's fucking early. What sucks is that they still get suspended it's just not the 2 year. The shit these cats have to do to prove their innocence is very in depth, Means went into detail what he had to do and how difficult of a process it was.

Seanny One Ball
August 18th, 2016, 10:25 AM
He's still the GOAT. He could piss fluorescent green and I'd say it was all that Mountain Dew he'd been drinking.

Spedizzo
August 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM
agreed

Nash Diesel
August 18th, 2016, 11:45 AM
LOL.

Best comment I've heard today!

Mik
August 18th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Who cares? We aren't here for fighting, we are here for discussing. You can say a football player is crap just because you haven't played football. Don't even start turning this shit into a personal insult contest.

Still, I can't really see how anyone who fights for a living could be a pussy, but that's just fight fan vernacular isn't it?

so apparently bones didn't pop for what people thought he popped for, but did pop for something else.

And he thinks he's going to get less of a ban for that?

Nobody said anyone was a pussy but I find your inability to even warn Mark for that completely out of the blue pop to be really odd. FYI Kalib Starnes got hit and did run away, there's no questioning the veracity of that truth.

That was the warning.

Seanny One Ball
August 18th, 2016, 3:04 PM
I've really got to watch all of the full fights from my recently acquired best of 2012-2014 UFC dvd's. So many huge fights that I missed in the last few years. Not one show live...

Spedizzo
August 19th, 2016, 9:16 AM
just get UFC Fight Pass

it really is worth it

every single fight ever is on it.. then a month after a PPV they upload the last PPV

you can get a free week trial

Nash Diesel
August 19th, 2016, 9:41 AM
The only downside to Fight Pass, at least for me, is that sometimes it doesn't work. Like I'll go to watch something and it'll say "Fight Pass is not available in your region" And then the next day it works fine.

Nash Diesel
September 13th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Some interesting stuff about Jon Jones the last couple days. First off, an article with bits from Gustafsson and Cormier talking about how they, along with Rumble, don't feel Jones deserves a title shot upon return:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/13/12892762/alexander-gustafsson-believes-itd-be-unfair-if-jon-jones-got

Also, he's been tweeting that he would like to face Stipe for the HW championship. Crazy.

Spedizzo
September 13th, 2016, 12:24 PM
well yeah, I don't blame them for saying that. They all want a title shot and they are all pissed off at Jon Jones

but they are wrong

Jon Jones is the GOAT and can get a title shot whenever he wants. Cormier is holding the fake title kind of like when HBK/Razor had a fake intercontinental belt floating around in 94/95 or whatever

not sure how Stipe vs. Jones would pan out or if Jones can handle one of Stipe's shots... but if Jones can survive, can Stipe last 5 rounds endurance wise? Interesting match to say the least

Percussion
September 13th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Nobody's denying on talent Jones' qualification for a title shot. It's on being able to trust him to be a professional. Hell, everyone right this second believes he's the best 205'er on the planet. Doesn't mean squat if he can't make it into the cage on time though.

What kind of message does it send a guy who can't seem to keep his nose clean already that none of his previous actions have had any real consequences by handing him a return title shot?

Love to watch his talent, but can't stand the idea of rewarding this guy all the while being a perpetual pigfucker.

Nash Diesel
September 13th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I will say in Jones' defense, in terms of Cormier, 1 time Jones pulled out due to injury, then the 2nd time Cormier pulled out, and obviously the 3rd time was Jones failing a drug test. Shit happens. The only one that's really negative is the UFC 200 fight, outside of that how can DC hold anything against Jones? I mean if he's speaking on the Rumble fight, sure, but that has nothing to do with DC v. Jones.

Honestly, I see where these cats are coming from but Jones is the best LHW of all time, arguably the GOAT in MMA, if you don't want to fight this guy and you want to call yourself CHAMPION, that says a lot about you as a fighter and a competitor in general. Sometimes it sounds like DC wants nothing at all to do with fighting Jones after getting owned in their last fight.

Percussion
September 13th, 2016, 1:13 PM
Pulling out with injury has nothing to do with anything here. It has to do with failing drug tests, sideswiping cars and running from the scene like a maniac, and failing more drug tests.

People can be excused from pulling out of fights with injury, not for behaving like a giant kid. But all people want to do is make excuses for the sake of Jones' talent. Huh, wonder what that creates for that giant kid? Sure, give him a return title shot, he'll win because he's simply better and that's great. Then when he turns around and acts like a giant kid again because he's had little reason to think otherwise no one should be at all surprised.

And it sure looked leading into 200 that DC wanted to fight Jon Jones. Then what happened?

Nash Diesel
September 13th, 2016, 1:27 PM
Well, in the article I posted, Cormier talks about how the fight has been booked 4 times in 2 years and only 1 time it actually happened. So that's why I said in Jones' defense, it wasn't all him. So if it has NOTHING to do with anything here, why is Cormier talking about it instead of saying the 1 time it was a non-injury issue, which was UFC 200, then that is why he shouldn't get the fight. Gus is saying that, he's saying he shouldn't be rewarded, and so are Rumble and Cormier, but again, DC is throwing out the whole "it's been booked 4 times" like it's not even worth putting together because 1 time out of 4 it didn't happen because of Jones' idiotic lifestyle.

WITH THAT SAID....I don't believe he should be rewarded, but he already has been, because the UFC are in the business of making money. Cormier isn't a draw. He should be wanting that Jones fight because it'll get him probably a million dollar pay day at the least and with Reebok fucking 99% of the fighters, you'd think this dude would stop making excuses. Is Jones an idiot outside of the Octagon? Of course. Should get a shot at Cormier upon return? It's hard to answer that because as a fight fan, I want to see Jones fight Cormier or whoever the guy holding his belt would be. But on the flipside, he shouldn't because as you and others have said, including Cormier, the message is totally fucked up and sets a precedent for the future.

Jones is being punished though, let's not forget that. He's been suspended, stripped, given community service, all these things have happened via the court, the commission, and the UFC. Outside of being released, what else is there to do?

Percussion
September 13th, 2016, 1:33 PM
Let Cormier fuck his old lady.

Nash Diesel
September 13th, 2016, 1:35 PM
Let Cormier fuck his old lady.

HAHAHAHA.

Spedizzo
September 13th, 2016, 2:15 PM
if they want Jon Jones out of the LHW title picture then beat the guy

i'm sure eventually he will stop hit and running people or failing drug tests and actually make a fight....... right??? :confused:

until then the entire LHW and Ariel Hewani can just cry about it

http://gifgifs.com/res/0616/575638f925b1f136015194.gif

Nash Diesel
September 13th, 2016, 2:35 PM
I'll be a dick about it and say that it just sounds like excuses and jealousy. I'm sure these dudes WANT to fight Jon Jones, why wouldn't they? I get that it's just their opinion and they'd fight Jon if they were offered him as an opponent but they just need to not worry about playing judge, jury, and executioner.

Percussion
September 13th, 2016, 3:43 PM
http://image.vam.synacor.com.edgesuite.net/f7/a5/f7a5d199c03bbdfd27d25aecc7188c329848ade1/h=300/?app=portal&sig=51bb5d0af651d7aec4a10085af72a45b1861319cd3f864 9845ba7095250d4d73

Nash Diesel
November 7th, 2016, 3:57 PM
Jon Jones suspended for 1 year. Damn.

Nash Diesel
November 9th, 2016, 5:54 PM
Bones stripped of interim LHW championship. Sounds weird saying someone was stripped of an INTERIM title but ok.

The question now remains.....will Jon Jones even be remotely the same fighter he was prior to all of this shit? He didn't look AMAZING against OSP but he still owned the fight. I guess if he's the legit GOAT or one of them, he could very well come back and be a beast. I just don't know man.

Kdestiny
November 9th, 2016, 5:56 PM
Dana will never see him as a top guy because he can't depend on him to stay clean

Mark Hammer
November 9th, 2016, 9:42 PM
Well I think Dana might give him a pass considering he is the p4p greatest combat sports fighter of all time.

Spedizzo
November 10th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Dana says a lot of things

He said he is done with Jon Jones

then the first time we heard that Jones might not be in that much trouble with USADA Dana immediately wanted to make Rumble/Jones as a big fight and completely ignore Cormier lolol

when the GOAT decides he is done messing around he will get whatever he wants

He is one fight away from completely abolishing the LHW division

There is no point in seeing Cormier/Jones II. That fight was just based on promotional hype.

Jones/Rumble is literally the end of the LHW division

Nash Diesel
November 10th, 2016, 1:23 PM
Dana will never see him as a top guy because he can't depend on him to stay clean

Well I think Dana might give him a pass considering he is the p4p greatest combat sports fighter of all time.

I think you're both right. Jones will definitely have to prove himself to the UFC buttttt he is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time so it's not like Jones is going to be opening a ppv. At worst he's co-main event under a huge main event.

Dana says a lot of things

He said he is done with Jon Jones

then the first time we heard that Jones might not be in that much trouble with USADA Dana immediately wanted to make Rumble/Jones as a big fight and completely ignore Cormier lolol

when the GOAT decides he is done messing around he will get whatever he wants

He is one fight away from completely abolishing the LHW division

There is no point in seeing Cormier/Jones II. That fight was just based on promotional hype.

Jones/Rumble is literally the end of the LHW division

The only point in Cormier v. Jones 2 was to get Jones the belt he never truly lost. Whoever was champion was getting Jones, doesn't matter if it was Cormier, Rumble, Gus, or Tito Ortiz.

I agree, Rumble is it. Too much time has passed since the Gus fight and Gus has barely fought since then (although he did almost win the belt from Cormier). Cormier, if he's not champ I don't see any reason to do a rematch. He's beaten everyone else that matters in the division with virtual ease sans Gus. So yeah, Rumble v. Jones is it and we could very well see that if upon return Rumble isn't champion. I mean, do you reward Jones with an automatic title shot upon return? Even if he's the GOAT, I just don't know if the UFC will trust to put that man in a title fight in case it falls through...again....

Nash Diesel
November 16th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Interesting article on Sherdog where a writer gives his opinion on Jon Jones being the biggest wasted talent in pro sports. Idk if I'd say in all of pro sports, for sure in MMA. I can't think of anyone coming remotely close to squandering so much like Jones has.

Percussion
November 16th, 2016, 12:09 PM
What kind of criteria is there for a shit distinction like that?

Mike Tyson, Ryan Leaf, Ricky Williams, Greg Oden, Lawrence Phillips, and a horde of barely heard of NBA guys swimming in talent who couldn't put any of it together.

Jones accomplished more than most of these guys, so has it been as much a waste? He was likely better in his smaller pool than most of them too, does that matter?

Bottom line though, and I'm sure what the writer wanted to get across was, yes, Jon Jones has squandered a ton of his potential greatness.

But we also all knew that.

Nash Diesel
November 16th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Yeah in ALL sports, that's a tough opinion to sell. In MMA, it's not very hard to sell. I mean I can think of 2 guys who I thought had crazy potential and that's Roger Huerta and Brandon Vera. But they didn't squander their potential, they just didn't live up to it due to various reasons. I think with Jones, he's squandering it making stupid decisions. That's how I feel about Jones. Where would he be both as a fighter and a draw had he not had the issues he's had over the last 3 years? I mean this is a guy who IMO could be for sure a legit top draw. I'm looking at his past buyrates, they're not THAT impressive. Really the only big ppv buyrate he did was the Cormier fight but it had a ton of hype, the crazy interaction between the 2 coming to blows. Who knows where he would be as a draw had he kept his shit together over these last 3-4 years. For all we know he could have been the first 2 division champion being LHW champ AND HW champ.

Percussion
November 16th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I'd actually nominate Penn on that list. If he had McGregor's drive who knows what else he could have accomplished.

Nash Diesel
November 16th, 2016, 12:54 PM
I'd actually nominate Penn on that list. If he had McGregor's drive who knows what else he could have accomplished.

Yeah man that's my favorite fighter of all time. Mainly because of his willingness to fight whoever, whenever, and whatever weight. But that was also a negative in the sense that he was a fucking killer at 155. Had he stuck with 155 and maybe here and there did the whole move up to 170 for some super fights then his career would be even bigger and better IMHO. Penn at 155 is a deadly motherfucker. I think even today he would be a contender if he stuck with it.

Mik
November 16th, 2016, 5:30 PM
I really don't think it's possible to say that. He was a world champion and in many people's books the greatest fighter of all time. Seems like he achieved a lot. Comparatively, there will be some people out there who had the talent to be the greatest of all time and who squandered it to the point of not even making it to the UFC.

Nash Diesel
November 16th, 2016, 5:40 PM
I really don't think it's possible to say that. He was a world champion and in many people's books the greatest fighter of all time. Seems like he achieved a lot. Comparatively, there will be some people out there who had the talent to be the greatest of all time and who squandered it to the point of not even making it to the UFC.

:yes:

I can get down with that and what Percussion is saying as well as I feel like he has accomplished more than most and more often than not made it look easy. But I also see where some would say he could have been more, he could have made more money, did more with his career. So again I think they were stretching it with the article saying out of all sports but I do feel like in terms of MMA and where he could be and what he could have done, it's hard to think of anyone else without you know including people who never made it to the UFC or the potential to be great was curbed by contract disputes, movie roles, just being away from the cage and not returning to peak form when you were getting those kind of opinions made about you like Brandon Vera, like Roger Huerta.

Jones is a guy who's literally lost millions and millions of dollars because of stupid shit and while I still consider him one of the best of all time, again, I think he could have been a huge draw and had even bigger fights. Like I said, he wasn't killing it in the ppv buys but very very few are consistently drawing more than 300-400 buys anyway. I mean realistically, up until about 2 years ago unless you were GSP or Lesnar or it was Anderson v. Chael, the buys weren't even close to that. Now it's been pretty much Ronda and Conor the last couple years, obviously Conor has surpassed everyone including Lesnar as the king of MMA ppv. So I can't hold it against Jones for not consistently drawing the same buys as him and Cormier did because nobody really was other than like 2-3 guys. And even then it was a crap shoot depending on the fight.