PDA

View Full Version : Invasion Attack 2015

Defrost
March 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM
We have a main event. AJ Styles defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against New Japan Cup WInner Kota Ibushi.

Hero!
March 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Thanks for spoiling the cup, asshole. Great job.

JK. New Japan already posed it all over Facebook.

Bad Collin
March 15th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Already looking forward to this, as a new fan Ibushi is the non-Swagsuke standout and i'm obviously well aware of AJ.

Hero!
March 15th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Ibushi, imo, is like the Seth Rollins of New Japan. He sauntered over after being a major star in another promotion, impressed the shit out of everyone, and now his push is slowly burning as he impresses everyone. Right now, you've still got the big dogs on top like Naka, Tana, and Okada, but Ibushi is the guy who is gonna run the place once all of those other guys are winding down.

DDT
March 15th, 2015, 11:39 AM
You realize Ibushi is 32 to Okada's 27, right? Given their ages and respective styles, Ibushi will be "winding down" long before Okada.

Hero!
March 15th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Okada has already said that he's taking an extended break in 5 years, so someone will need to fill in for him during that time.

DDT
March 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I have far more faith in them putting one of their younger lions like Sho Tanaka or Yohei Komatsu in that spot then in what would be a near-40, relatively injury-prone high-flyer who has dual responsibilities with another relatively major wrestling company.

Kotre
March 15th, 2015, 7:51 PM
I love Kota as much as the next guy, but there's no way he's going to be taking over from Tanahashi or Okada as a top guy. He's going to kill someone (possibly himself) before he gets the chance. Dude loves flippy shut and headdrops way too fucking much.

Defrost
March 16th, 2015, 3:05 AM
I care about the two singles title matches and that's about it

NJPW "INVASION ATTACK 2015", 05.04.2015 (WPW)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson (c) vs. Rocky Romero & Barreta
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Máscara Dorada
5. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven
6. Special Six Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
7. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano
8. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

Bad Collin
March 16th, 2015, 6:26 AM
I think the card looks good:

1. Will skip
2. Homna is involved, this will be my opener
3. Young bucks deliver more often than not
4. This should be amazing
5. Never seen Bennett and Taven so I am interested in this
6. Good people in this but I will probably skip this too
7. More Tana v Yano is a win for me
8. This will probably be poo
9. Really excited for this

Fanny Batter
March 16th, 2015, 7:47 AM
I think they're starting to book Honma as a threat now. That's a match you'd think he'll get the pinfall in. Building a bit of momentum and then being a nearly man at the G1 sounds like a plan to me. Like the sound of the Jr. tag title match. Young Bucks are a fun midcard tag team. Still not caught up on Dorada's matches (only seen the first round of the cup so far) but have been hearing great things about him. That should be a cracker. Never seen Bennett nor Tavern. Maria's arse should save the contest though. I really hope Bullet Club don't go on a long run so wouldn't mind a fresh act getting the belts here. CHAOS six man is your token "wrestler pins champion to set up future title match" New Japan match. Presumably Makabe on Ishii, but wouldn't mind them running Nakamura/Naito since Naito doesn't really stand out to me and think working with a character ace like Shinsuke could help him out. Don't like Yano's act so feel this is a waste of Shibata, though his stern character could provide some laughs against Yano. Okada's already pinned Fale so this is the definition of a pointless match. Should've had him bite another fall at the final of the cup, THEN the final win means something as he's overcome the beast finally. Winning with the Rainmaker too, I felt for sure the build was to a new "super" finish. Finally the title match will be incredible, I feel Styles will retain as the title will inevitably be Okada's, but hope Ibushi can pull it off.

Tainted Eclipse
March 16th, 2015, 11:32 AM
yikes, thats a shitty card outside the main event

Defrost
March 18th, 2015, 12:50 AM
I was curious so I looked it up. This is the first Sumo Hall without Tanahashi, Shinsuke, or Okada in the main event since October 2010 when Kojima beat Makabe to win the IWGP Title.

Defrost
March 21st, 2015, 4:12 PM
Via purolove

NJPW "ROAD TO INVASION ATTACK", 21.03.2015 (Samurai! TV)
Nagoya International Conference Hall
2,200 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Rocky Romero besiegt Yohei Komatsu (9:45) mit einem Kurayami Nouten.
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask besiegen Jushin Thunder Liger & Jay White (9:13) nach dem Dodon von Taguchi gegen White.
3. Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, Tomoaki Honma, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA besiegen Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Cody Hall (12:18) nach dem Kokeshi von Honma gegen Hall.
4. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Kenny Omega besiegen Tetsuya Naito, Mascara Dorada & Captain New Japan (10:15) als Anderson Captain nach dem Magic Killer pinnte.
5. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan (c) besiegt Satoshi Kojima (17:00)[/B] mit einer Moonsault Press (1st defense).
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata besiegen Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo (13:47) nach einem PK von Shibata gegen Gedo.
7. Special Tag Match: AJ Styles & Bad Luck Fale besiegen Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI (13:18) mit dem Styles Clash von Styles gegen YOSHI-HASHI.

Defrost
April 2nd, 2015, 4:54 PM
Show is sold out. No one is certain if it is the type of sellout they did in November when for whatever reason they only put 9,100 tickets up for sell and even though they had more room sent people away at the box office, or if they sold all 11,500 available seats.

thegoat
April 3rd, 2015, 5:02 AM
Don't worry Defrost, I will tell you exactly how many empty seats there were after I go on Sunday. This is not only the first Japanese wrestling event I have ever been to but the first wrestling event at all. Hopefully its mental.

Ringo
April 3rd, 2015, 2:15 PM
This show is usually really good. It's a shame there's not much to get excited about. Looking forward to the main event, the big tag and cheering on Roppongi Vice and Dorada but not anything else really. Good venue at least. Perhaps the crowd will help the show.

Defrost
April 5th, 2015, 1:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IHJIbUG.jpg

thegoat
April 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
It was really sold out,as you suggest from your photo. The crowd were amazing, I love the Young Bucks a little bit for their shenanigans but Roppongi Vice are equally incredible. It was just very very good from the enjoyment of the wrestling through to the lovely people I spoke to in various queues to going into a local family owned ramen place where I was definitely the tallest person they had served in a long time or possibly ever. Mcbain should have followed through with his Japanese tour. They are lovely people who love wrestling in so many social circles we dont in the west.

Bad Collin
April 5th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, I am very envious.

I really enjoyed the show, I thought Roppongi Vice v the Bucks was incredible and the main event was very good once it got going.

Defrost
April 6th, 2015, 5:43 PM
I love the finish to the main event. I can't wait to see where conflicted Kenny Omega goes. My first thought is AJ vs Ibushi in the G1 Final and this time Omega doesn't help AJ.

Bad Collin
April 6th, 2015, 6:43 PM
I didn't know about Omega and Ibushi until I was reading about that finish, it makes everything so much better.

As I said in the other thread I see an Omega face turn and him taking out the BC juniors one by one until a new recruit takes the title.