PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva: The Greatest of All-Time

Nash Diesel
March 5th, 2015, 4:27 PM
Anderson Silva.

Says he is willing to fight Nick Diaz again, PED-free!!!

You know what will make Silva's next fight gigantic? The mentality of fans going "How will he bounce back from the negativity?" will draw some huge numbers, but I definitely don't want it wasted on a rematch with Nick Diaz.

With Anderson, it's almost like a Chris Benoit vibe I'm getting from people. Like they can watch his past fights and just be amazed and praises never stop....but then you remember he failed a drug test and part of you gets even more sad that the greatest of all time has put a shotgun in the mouth of his career and pulled the trigger. And for what?

Mark Hammer
March 5th, 2015, 4:56 PM
He needs to retire.

Nash Diesel
March 5th, 2015, 5:05 PM
I personally think he should've retired after the 2nd Weidman fight. Maybe even before the Bonnar fight. There was nothing left to prove, nothing left to accomplish, and really only 2 fights people wanted to see: Anderson v. GSP and Anderson v. Jones. I don't need to see Anderson against the new breed like Rockhold and Jacare and I don't really care if he was dirty his whole career or just one fight. He doesn't need to redeem himself IMO by going out and not testing positive and beating Nick Diaz again lol.

But he will fight again and the motivation will be to redeem himself. What Anderson and many others don't realize though is all it takes is one negative and people will run with that shit FOREVER. Especially when it comes to failing a drug test no matter what the drug was. I saw a pic of Jon Jones in NYC at MSG and it was snowing, 90% of the comments on IG were cocaine related lol. They still shit on him for the DUI 4 years ago. They still talk about Cris Cyborg's 1 failed drug test 5 years ago lol.

Anderson could fight a top 5 fighter, whether it's 205, 185, 170, and whip their ass and you'd still hear a lot of people dog him for failing these tests. And has anyone heard what he tested positive for on that day of the fight test? Having trouble finding a source.

Pete Cash
March 5th, 2015, 9:43 PM
Why would anyone care he failed a ped test.

Seanny One Ball
March 6th, 2015, 1:18 AM
I'm genuinely not sure if Pete is taking the piss there or saying they all use peds anyway.

Either way I care.
I get saddened and frustrated everytime a fighter fails a test.
I can remember being furious when Nate Marquardt was fired and Chael kept on immediately after failing too.
I was gutted when Jones and Guillard both came out as cocaine abusers but rightly they were in rehab programs.
Bigfoot Silva, Josh Barnett, Alastair Overeem...all bastards that disappointed me and so many others.

Anderson broke my heart a wee bit when I found out he was on it. I doubt it will ruin his legacy but it is a shame, he didn't need them. If it was leg related just retire, no shame losing to Weidman at all.

Percussion
March 6th, 2015, 1:27 AM
Perhaps aside from causing them to miss competition what would gut you about Jones or Guillard being found to use recreational drugs?

Seanny One Ball
March 6th, 2015, 1:35 AM
It's a stupid thing to do as a sportsman if it results in the slightest question that they may have been using before the fight for so many reasons it baffles me as to why anyone would ask.

Cocaine is a powerful drug, it's not the same as Nick Diaz or Pat Healy smoking weed even if that is equally dumb if it results in the loss of a win, loss of purse, fine or suspension or even release.

Why risk it? In one sense theyd be better off using PEDs.

Percussion
March 6th, 2015, 1:49 AM
Someone's recreational cocaine use can be just as benign as someone else's pot use.

Seanny One Ball
March 6th, 2015, 2:14 AM
I didn't say otherwise, I said Cocaine is not the same as cannabis. For a start Guillard and Jones both went to rehab so they obviously were a bit past the "benign" stage.

I think you're trying to make an irrelevant point about drugs and responsible use or something but that really isn't the issue I was addressing.

Percussion
March 6th, 2015, 2:26 AM
I admit I am trying to make that point, as a recreational use can very well stand apart from the egregiousness of PED's violating the spirit of competition.

You're entitled to feel plenty gutted if your favorite fighter gets caught taking a bump or two, but I'd hardly run with that to saddle him a poor sportsman the likes of PED's.

Mark Hammer
March 6th, 2015, 2:29 AM
I didn't say otherwise, I said Cocaine is not the same as cannabis. For a start Guillard and Jones both went to rehab so they obviously were a bit past the "benign" stage.

I think you're trying to make an irrelevant point about drugs and responsible use or something but that really isn't the issue I was addressing.

Jones' weekend in rehab was more damage control than it was a call for help.

Seanny One Ball
March 6th, 2015, 3:16 AM
Oh I'm well aware of the damage limitation mate, it was necessary for the money invested in him and to maintain the legitimacy(lol) of the UFC.

I blame Dana for his erratic handling of these situations.

Also percussion why do you keep responding to points I didn't make?

Nash Diesel
March 6th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Dana is too public and needs to handle things behind closed doors more often and not hop on social media the split second something goes down. He's too soaked in the celebrity of his position so he feels like he has to still be that guy. No disrespect toward DW but you're right Seanny, he's very erratic with his handlings of various situations.

I would like to see Anderson Silva go out on a more positive note but if he announced his retirement so be it. Let those who dwell on negativity have their random message board pot shots and just soak in the millions.

Percussion
March 6th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Just sounded like you were trying to paint a recreational drug user with the same brush as a PED user Seanny, perhaps you weren't, fair enough.

Mark Hammer
March 6th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Oh I'm well aware of the damage limitation mate, it was necessary for the money invested in him and to maintain the legitimacy(lol) of the UFC.

I blame Dana for his erratic handling of these situations.

Also percussion why do you keep responding to points I didn't make?

Remember when Dana put together that garbage ppv card with Jones vs Hendo headlining, but Hendo backed out of the fight at the last minute? And the reason he waited so long to officially pull out of the fight was so his teammate and suggested replacement Chael Sonnen could get a head start on training while leaving Jones with under a week to prepare for a very different opponent in Chael. Anyways Jones said "fuck that and fuck yall" like any intelligent human being/non-sucker would. So Dana had to cancel the ppv because it was so terrible without the headliner, but instead of owning up to what was very clearly his fault he totally throws Jones under the bus, and all the little Jones haters on the internet co-signed and we had a nice little witch hunt. Even though Jones was the least responsible of all parties. He would have been an idiot to accept that fight with all the shady goings-on behind it.

Sorry for the short story. But the moral is yes, Dana White can be pretty terrible.

Seanny One Ball
March 6th, 2015, 3:40 PM
No need to alologise, I will never forget that.
Scumbag way to treat your top performer.

Nash Diesel
March 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Dana White and the people who followed his lead in trying to crucify Jon Jones really was the start of souring me on going out of my way for the UFC ppvs.