Tony Ferguson v. Gleison Tibau

Prelims:
Mark Munoz v. Roan Carneiro
Roman Salazar v. Norifumi Yamamoto
Dhiego Lima v. Tim Means
Derrick Lewis v. Ruan Potts
James Krause v. Valmir Lazaro
Masio Fallen v. Alexander Torres

Looks like a really good event. Would've been a little better with Weidman v. Vitor still headlining.

You have to wonder if Cat has anything to offer Rousey. I'm looking for even a competitive fight. Tate gave her a little trouble here and there in their rematch but it was still pretty Rousey-heavy through the whole thing. Looking forward to Holm in the UFC, the rest of the card is pretty good albeit quite a few names I'm not familiar with at all. Ferguson/Tibau is a good fight as well plus I'm hoping Kos gets his head smashed in.

Droid
February 26th, 2015, 2:28 PM
Koscheck needs to retire already. I expect that fight to be terrible. Otherwise there's some really good matchups.

Mark Hammer
February 26th, 2015, 3:16 PM
Main card is excellent not.

I do like T-Ferg and Tibau is the top ten gatekeeper so maybe with a win here (and I think he will) Ferguson will finally get a step up in competition.

Fanny Batter
February 26th, 2015, 6:41 PM
Rousey is must see TV, the rest of the card isn't, unfortunately. Shame because this was an unbelievable card originally, with Belfort/Weidman, Rousey/Zingano, Romero/Jacare, Mir/Bigfoot and Holm/Pennington making up the main card with Ellenberger/Koscheck, Tibau/Ferguson, Munoz/Carneiro and KID/Jobber on FS1.

Pablo Diablo
March 1st, 2015, 1:02 AM
Well. That happened.

The Law
March 1st, 2015, 1:05 AM
That's unbelievable. The other girl can barely speak she's so humiliated.

Bert
March 1st, 2015, 1:13 AM
Zingano fucked up.

The Law
March 1st, 2015, 1:18 AM
My feed literally hiccuped and when it came back on the fight was over.

Defrost
March 1st, 2015, 1:41 AM
Someone having a finisher in a shoot fight is eyebrow raising. Someone not being able to last 15 seconds without it happening to them is an indictment. Such a thing happening repeatedly is a farce.

Eddie Brock
March 1st, 2015, 1:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7PqSAQlLhw

In case you missed it. :lol:

Beer-Belly
March 1st, 2015, 1:52 AM
Someone having a finisher in a shoot fight is eyebrow raising. Someone not being able to last 15 seconds without it happening to them is an indictment. Such a thing happening repeatedly is a farce.

Okay, Jesse Ventura. THERMITE PAINT!

Defrost
March 1st, 2015, 1:55 AM
Okay, Jesse Ventura. THERMITE PAINT!

Huh?

The Law
March 1st, 2015, 1:59 AM
I assume he's calling you a conspiracy theorist.

Beer-Belly
March 1st, 2015, 2:01 AM
I thought you were trying to say Rousey's fights are rigged. She's just really fucking good.

Defrost
March 1st, 2015, 2:02 AM
Who is conspiring and about what in what I said? All I was saying is that every women's MMA fighter other than Rousey is pathetic.

Hero!
March 1st, 2015, 2:23 AM
Amazing.

Mark Hammer
March 1st, 2015, 7:31 AM

Or maybe WBW just sucks and Rousey is the only elite fighter in the division?

But no you're probably right, it must be rigged.

Mark Hammer
March 1st, 2015, 7:37 AM
Zingano fucked up.

The pressure definitely got to her. Months (a couple of years really) in the making just to blow it in 14 seconds. The charge-and-flail approach might work against most of the division but against Ronda Rousey it's just abysmal fight IQ. I hate being so critical because I like Cat and I do feel bad for her but Jesus. That was embarrassing.

Or maybe Defrost is right and it's just fake. I bet the girls split the winnings and had a nice dinner after.

Mark Hammer
March 1st, 2015, 7:51 AM
Who is conspiring and about what in what I said? All I was saying is that every women's MMA fighter other than Rousey is pathetic.

That is not at all what you said.

kangus
March 1st, 2015, 8:29 AM
I think what Defrost is trying to say is that in fighting, at the very elite level, typically victory is obtained by the smallest of margins from the tiniest of errors. Thus having a finishing sequence as specific and complex as an armbar occur as frequently as it does in Ronda's fights illuminates not only her dominance but also the inadequacies of her opponents and the rest of the division.

REGARDLESS, it's easy to say now that Cat didn't have a great game plan but honestly I think it's true. Judo, at it's core, is about being an expert in human movement and momentum. Judo fighters love it when their opponents are overly aggressive, especially early when conditioning isn't a factor, because they can make split second decisions that will result in a favorable position. From there, Ronda did the rest.

Mark Hammer
March 1st, 2015, 11:47 AM
Ok this is funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOuFSR_mJ4

Seanny One Ball
March 1st, 2015, 1:50 PM

Nah what you said was that Cody McKenzie is the most dangerous man on the planet!