PDA

View Full Version : PST VII

Kneeneighbor
February 11th, 2015, 2:20 PM
Every year The Common Man on KFAN in Minneapolis hosts the preposterous statement tournament. They collect all of the comments made by sports personalities on the air and in print over the course of the year and then have a "selection show" where 68 statements make the tournament and fans then vote for the most perposterous.

Today is the selection show for PST VII. The odds on favorite is "Tom Brady is not even the best quarterback on his own team." Which was said by Paul Charchian. You may know him as the owner of LeagueSafe.com.

I am not sure if I can post the link to the brackets in here or not but I'll post some updates as we go this month.

Kneeneighbor
February 12th, 2015, 1:14 AM
http://www.kfan.com/pages/pst/pstvii/pstbrackethome.html

Some great match ups on here.

Fro
February 12th, 2015, 9:17 AM
Cool. I would imagine a whole bracket could be filled out with Patriots quotes, everyone was so psyched to see the end of an empire after week 4, even the Boston media was casting them off.

Kneeneighbor
February 12th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Obviously there is a Minnesota tilt to it because heats where the radio station is located. However only 2 local comments have ever won, the rest have been national.

Chris Dolmeth
February 12th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Goodell saying he didn't see the Ray Rice tape should win.

Kdestiny
February 12th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I like "sometimes you throw the ball too perfect and it goes further than it normally does."

Kneeneighbor
February 12th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I like Collinsworth with " you try to catch the ball with your feet more than anything."

Chris Dolmeth
February 12th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Don Nelson might fall through the cracks because of the seeding; but him saying Stern deserves the Nobel Peace Prize is something else.