PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NFL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
http://s27.postimg.org/a90eg2yw3/bradbelichicktropht.jpg http://s18.postimg.org/cb0c5sd6x/7afd9395853a14e1.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/mfidvlirz/super_bowl_celebration_patriots_002.jpg http://s12.postimg.org/q7e63hrnh/hi_res_5a42fcc926ebdb8288c0553026acdcd4_crop_exa.j pg

And here we are folks. The Patriots are your champions again, 13 years after Brady and Belichick defeated the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. I know how excited you guys are about that and how you're all dying to discuss their legacies as the best QB and best NFL coach of all time. But here are some other questions to discuss:

- Who is your early pick to make the Super Bowl next year? The two teams who just played were both #1 seeds and are considered the favorites in their respective conferences again. Will SEA-NE meet again and become a rivalry? Or, who will knock them off?
- Will Peyton Manning return? If so, does he have what it takes to lead him team to a title? If not, what is his legacy?
- What will come of deflategate??
- Will Johnny Manziel a/k/a the anti-Tebow return from rehab a changed man ready to emerge as a legit NFL QB?
- Who will get a bigger contract extension, Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson? Who deserves more?
- Where does the Super Bowl-losing goal line interception rank among all time sports gaffes? Is this Bill Buckner status? Or even worse?
- What will be the verdict in the Aaron Hernandez trial (currently in progress)? OJ part deuce?
- Will Adrian Peterson return, and if so, to what team? Will he return to his dominant self?
- Will RedPath make more long winded tear-downs of his favorite team, the Patriots, and declare he will leave the forum forever if they do well, only to once again completely renege on his promise when the Patriots dominate??

2015 NFL DRAFT
Begins: April 30
Top 5 Picks: Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington

2015 NFL SEASON
Begins: Thursday, September 10 (Patriots vs TBD)

SUPER BOWL 50
Date: February 7, 2016

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS
DeMarco Murray, RB
Dez Bryant, WR
Ndamukong Suh, DT
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE
Randall Cobb, WR
Justin Houston, OLB
Julius Thomas, TE
Chris Harris Jr., CB
Darrelle Revis, CB (team option at $20 million)

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 11:17 AM
Fuck you Fro, some of us need a little time!

I need an NBA team :\

PurePlayer
February 3rd, 2015, 11:17 AM
I think Patriots/Giants would be a nice opener. I think this year is in NE so it would work out.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Hopefully the Seahawks don't get punished for being a great home team and actually get some home primetime games.
Also, I want Goodell to get caught up with a hooker or drugs or both and is forced to resign.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Fuck you Fro, some of us need a little time!

I need an NBA team :\

What's the ratio of Seattle fans who still follow the Thunder as their NBA team vs fans who hate the Thunder for moving and root against them?

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 11:27 AM
At least 95% hate the Thunder. And the other 5% are bad people.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 11:33 AM
That's the appropriate reaction I suppose (thinking Browns moving to Baltimore).

Hopefully the Seahawks don't get punished for being a great home team and actually get some home playoff games.

I really have no idea what you mean by this.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
It wouldn't let me edit it haha I meant primetime games.

ReDPath
February 3rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
No real thoughts yet on the upcoming season, other than hopefully less controversy all around for the league, and perhaps Goodell goes somehow.

But some carry over from the 2014 thread with some more fan reactions.

For a good laugh, check out how absurd the final one is in the Seattle video. Talk about taking it over the edge.

http://youtu.be/o75CiXV3VZQ

http://youtu.be/NpGYbXVZMas

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 1:05 PM
A few things. First off, I do enjoy the reaction videos. It's a bit cruel to take joy in watching Seahawks fans having their souls crushed, but it's not like we're watching 9/11 reaction videos here, it's just sport. It's all in the game yo, though I personally wouldn't post them in here out of respect for our Seahawks fans and wanting to be a graceful winner. And if anyone were to post them, it certainly shouldn't be you. You were vehemently anti-Brady, anti-Belichick and anti-2014 Patriots. Were you even rooting for the Patriots to win? Frankly, you don't deserve to enjoy this title. You should officially denounce this team and pick another one to root for. There is no place in Patriot Nation for you, and you obviously do not appreciate them or even realize how good you have it. I imagine your personal reaction video would have been more like the Seahawk-fan ones than the Patriot-fan ones. The fact that you are now seemingly jumping back on the bandwagon is even more disgraceful than your broken promise to leave the forum if the Patriots made the final four. You are a fraud.

Lastly, I think the Seahawks fan rushing his TV and destroying it is clearly fake/a set up.

ReDPath
February 3rd, 2015, 1:36 PM
Again.

Taking things too seriously. They are videos of fans reactions, no agenda here. I think both sides of the coin are pretty funny.

I'm not actively rooting for anything just because I post a couple reaction videos, wow.... The Patriots were an intelligent decision away from being David Tyree'd all over again. Only for once, it didn't happen. Belichick outsmarted and baited Carrol by not calling the timeout, which in turn made Carrol think on his feet about burning his own timeout or calling a pass to preserve the timeout he had or win the game. Just so happens he did, and it was the only way the Pats stood a chance at winning the game. Had Seattle scored in any fashion, Belichick would've been crucified around NE for not trying to preserve the clock to give Brady a chance at trying to drive for a field goal.

It was a great, crazy win....but I'd trade it for not choking away the perfect season anytime, any day.

Mills
February 3rd, 2015, 1:42 PM
you're missing Larry Fitzgerald on your top free agents. I really want to see the Seahawks to get a big WR, whether in the draft or in FA. I was pulling for Kelvin Benjamin last year in the draft and I really think that we need a young big receiver, unless they go and pick Fitz up, which most likely won't happen.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 1:46 PM
Chris Mathews made a pretty strong case for himself on Sunday.

Mills
February 3rd, 2015, 1:48 PM
I don't know if you can count on him for that though. He showed why it was important to have that style of a reciever for the team, but 1 game is a small sample size.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 1:53 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if he's the third receiver week one. I think the Seahawks were taking their time with him, not wanting to rush him out there.

Kneeneighbor
February 3rd, 2015, 2:50 PM
I think Patriots/Giants would be a nice opener. I think this year is in NE so it would work out.

Thats in NY.

They host buffalo, Miami, Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington and Pittsburgh.

Of those odds are we get the Pitt game week one. If not then maybe Philly?

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 3:23 PM
Agreed. Pittsburgh and Philly are the only 2 good teams there so I would imagine it'll be one of them. Probably Pittsburgh.

The Patriots play at Denver this year. Want to go again on an avatar bet, Rick? I know you're still anticipating a 19-0 season. Of course the bet would be void if Manning retires this offseason but it's looking more and more like he's coming back.

PurePlayer
February 3rd, 2015, 4:21 PM
Man that is an easy home schedule. The road games are tougher by the looks of it. They have the Giants, Boys, Broncos, Colts, Texans. I can see another 12-4 season barring injuries and barring a huge upgrade by the other AFC east teams

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 4:26 PM
If they can find a QB, watch out for the Bills.

Kneeneighbor
February 3rd, 2015, 4:26 PM
Yeah the road schedule has all the marquee games.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 4:36 PM
I'm happy our division gets the NFC East this year. The Cowboys and Eagles are good, exciting teams. Washington is a mess but the Giants are decent and that has the obvious appeal of their recent Super Bowl history.

If they can find a QB, watch out for the Bills.

Their defense is good. I don't like the Rex Ryan hire for them. Rex Ryan would be a good hire if you've got a QB and offensive system in place but need someone to get your defense in order. The Bills are the opposite. I don't trust Rex to transform their 26th ranked offense. With that said, they were 9-7 last year so that would be a good opponent for the opener, especially with Rex being fired up again about taking down the Pats. Surely Rex would make some bold statements beforehand.

I should also point out that Miami vs New England would be good too. Miami has been sitting around 8-8 for a while now and they tend to play the Patriots well. The only scrub of the AFC East last year was NYJ.

Jimmy Zero
February 3rd, 2015, 6:51 PM
I LOVE the moves by the Bears, so far.

It feels like real football people are FINALLY being allowed to do what's necessary to improve the team for sustained success. I've got my fingers crossed.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 7:22 PM
With that said, they were 9-7 last year so that would be a good opponent for the opener, especially with Rex being fired up again about taking down the Pats. Surely Rex would make some bold statements beforehand.

I should also point out that Miami vs New England would be good too. Miami has been sitting around 8-8 for a while now and they tend to play the Patriots well. The only scrub of the AFC East last year was NYJ.

They won't open with a division game; I expect Pittsburgh.

I LOVE the moves by the Bears, so far.

It feels like real football people are FINALLY being allowed to do what's necessary to improve the team for sustained success. I've got my fingers crossed.

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like the idea of Cutler as the quarterback?

Jimmy Zero
February 3rd, 2015, 7:40 PM

I don't know, maybe a 6. He's probably never going to put it all together and be the guy he has the physical tools to be, but he's also not as bad as the national media narrative would have you believe.

He's the best option the Bears have right now, and the Bears have way way bigger needs right now than quarterback.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 8:19 PM
Guys can I please just call attention to this post real quick:

The greatest coach of all time?

People tell me I'm a ridiculous homer.

Maybe if he was able to win a Super Bowl without being a dirty fucking cheater, or win one since being exposed as a dirty fucking cheater, he could hold that moniker.

Good to see I've finally convinced Judas of what I've known for a while.

Judas Iscariot
February 3rd, 2015, 8:23 PM
What are you even talking about? He's a dirty fucking cheater and you're a dirty fucking bastard and I despise you and every single state northeast of New York City.

Filthy cretins, the lot of you.

Judas Iscariot
February 3rd, 2015, 8:24 PM
(BTW come to the nyc Rajah meet)

Kdestiny
February 3rd, 2015, 8:31 PM
They won't open with a division game; I expect Pittsburgh.

at the end of last season I was a 6, at the end of this season I am at a 2

Judas Iscariot
February 3rd, 2015, 9:01 PM
Also fuck the Patriots.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 9:08 PM
All this talk about quarterbacks, the Rams scare me if they find one.

Kdestiny
February 3rd, 2015, 9:14 PM
And maybe another offensive weapon whether that be WR or TE. Tavon hasn't done it for me and the rest of them are 2 WRs at best

The Rick
February 3rd, 2015, 9:43 PM
Broncos are in the Super Bowl... Duh.

Judas Iscariot
February 3rd, 2015, 10:03 PM
This is clearly the year of the Giants. Tommy Boy is back, new defensive coordinator, Beckham is the best athlete to ever have that name, UNSTOPPABLE UNBEATABLE

Also fuck the Patriots.

Chris Dolmeth
February 3rd, 2015, 10:30 PM
You probably need a new coach.

Rancid_Planet
February 3rd, 2015, 10:39 PM
Professional sports are killing me right now because so many of my teams are in the shitter.

The Titans are fucked. Just fucked. And nobody here at home realizes it yet. Most of the local yokels think Jeff Fisher is bound to come back one day. Yeah and Steve McNair is going to come back to life too.

We are fucked. Our owners are clueless. Our coach is fucking retarded. Our players are fucking awful. And nobody in TN sees it. Everybody thinks after the draft it'll be back to the playoffs. We are irrelevant now. Like Oakland only without that part where we used to be really good and win rings...fuck my face.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 10:48 PM
The Patriots were the youngest team ever to win a Super Bowl, with an average age of 25.2 years. That bodes well for their chances of repeating, I'd say. However they have a lot of key free agents:

Priorities:
1. Re-sign Revis. As successful as his year here went he still wants to get paid big and he's skirted the question of if the Super Bowl win means he'll be back. The Patriots have an option on him but it would be a $25 million cap hit. The reason this option is big for Revis is it means he can't be franchised. Though there have been conflicting reports, it's probable the Patriots won't exercise this option and he'll be able to hit the market. The Patriots will offer him a good deal but the chances of them offering him more than any other suitor is unlikely. He could be gone. If they keep him, I'll consider the offseason a success no matter what else happens.
2. Franchise Devin McCourty if a deal can't be worked out. They definitely can't afford to lose Revis AND McCourty.
3. Re-sign Dan Connolly. He's up there in age (will be 33 by season opener) but with Mankins gone I feel the O-line needs him more than ever, not as their best member but as a veteran presence. He shouldn't be too pricey to keep.
4. Draft offensive linemen + tackles
5. Re-sign Shane Vereen. I really have no idea what kind of market he has. He put up about 800 combined rushing + receiving yards this year which was his best year yet and the only year he's stayed healthy. He's far from irreplaceable but the Patriots need a receiving RB in their system. I hope they keep him on an affordable deal but he could be gone.
6. Re-sign Akeem Ayers for cheap
7. Re-sign Gostkowski (kickers are easily replaceable but I hope he stays and my guess is he'll take a hometown discount to stay on a title team)
8. Sign a value receiver for depth

Basically they just need to keep their own people (except Ridley who will be gone).

Professional sports are killing me right now because so many of my teams are in the shitter.

The Titans are fucked. Just fucked. And nobody here at home realizes it yet. Most of the local yokels think Jeff Fisher is bound to come back one day. Yeah and Steve McNair is going to come back to life too.

We are fucked. Our owners are clueless. Our coach is fucking retarded. Our players are fucking awful. And nobody in TN sees it. Everybody thinks after the draft it'll be back to the playoffs. We are irrelevant now. Like Oakland only without that part where we used to be really good and win rings...fuck my face.

Do you want them to take whichever is left of Mariota/Winston or go another way?

Pipkin
February 3rd, 2015, 10:53 PM
I'm very biased because I'm a fan of the guy, but I still think Jake Locker could have been a very good starter if he could stay healthy.

Also, Virm, where's my new avatar homie? I don't like losing, but a bet's a bet.

Rancid_Planet
February 3rd, 2015, 10:58 PM
Jake Locker, when he was on the field, was the real deal. Make no doubt about it he was getting better all the time. But he simply isn't going to be able to play in this league getting hurt like that all the time either.

And as for our draft pick I honestly don't know. We have so many needs that you almost can't go wrong. But my gut says Maritota if they do in fact decide to go for a qb.

Percussion
February 3rd, 2015, 11:09 PM
I think you guys would regret passing on Leonard Williams.

I say that believing Winston goes 1, and that Mariota will have real trouble with the transition.

Greed
February 3rd, 2015, 11:33 PM
A couple points with what has been said here.

1. The Titans and the Rams are in a QB quandry. They have Locker and Bradford, neither of whom have stayed healthy for any stretch. It would be foolish to count on either of them to be a healthy long term answer at the position. The Titans need to decide whether Zach Mettenberger is the guy. If not they can get either Mariota or Winston and go from there. The Rams NEED a qb, as Bradford's lack of mobility in his division would spell disaster for him.

2. The Bill's defense is legit, but the window could close fast. Without a QB and with a coach who has been dreadful at developing that position, look for the Patriots to run their division. Again.

3. Will there be a better receiving duo in the league than Beckham and Cruz, if healthy? Maybe, but not a more entertaining one. This could be the year Manning and Coughlin run out of excuses, or run out of town.

Predictions:
1. Repeat super bowl between NE and Seattle.
2. The 49ers continue to underwhelm
3. Either Mariotta or Winston will lead their team to a playoff birth if they both start.
4. The Cowboys will let Murray or Dez walk, and sign Suh.

Bandit
February 3rd, 2015, 11:46 PM
- Who is your early pick to make the Super Bowl next year? The two teams who just played were both #1 seeds and are considered the favorites in their respective conferences again. Will SEA-NE meet again and become a rivalry? Or, who will knock them off?
Packers v. Ravens

- Will Peyton Manning return? If so, does he have what it takes to lead him team to a title? If not, what is his legacy?
Comes back. Goes 11-5, wins wildcard game at home, loses in divisional round.

Nothing.

- Will Johnny Manziel a/k/a the anti-Tebow return from rehab a changed man ready to emerge as a legit NFL QB?
Who carez

- Who will get a bigger contract extension, Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson? Who deserves more?
Hard to say. I say Wilson has bigger total contract, but Luck gets more guaranteed. (Wilson's contract being like a more expensive version of Kaepernick's contract)

- Where does the Super Bowl-losing goal line interception rank among all time sports gaffes? Is this Bill Buckner status? Or even worse?
I don't know. It's definitely stupid, but I wasn't that surprised tbh.

- What will be the verdict in the Aaron Hernandez trial (currently in progress)? OJ part deuce?
He gets off, but does not return to playing in the NFL.

- Will Adrian Peterson return, and if so, to what team? Will he return to his dominant self?
Yes, to the Vikings. Will be in the running for MVP next year.

Fro
February 3rd, 2015, 11:51 PM
On the Luck vs Wilson debate.... idk who will get more money, it'll probably be similar... But if you asked me who I would rather have I'd tell you if we're talking 1 year, 2015 only, give me Wilson. He's better right now. But for the next 10 years I'll take Luck.

Pablo Diablo
February 4th, 2015, 12:32 AM

This post reminded me that McNair is dead and how it happened. Fuck I forgot how much it sucked hearing that.

hithit
February 4th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fitz isn't a free agent. He just has a very high cap number and people are expecting him to be gone.
I think GB has a legit shot next year. They were a young team this year, so the young guys will be more seasoned and have more time to get used to the program.

Greed
February 4th, 2015, 1:17 AM
Green Bay will always have a shot with Aaron Rodgers there. Easy to project them as a top 4 seed.

Judas Iscariot
February 4th, 2015, 3:48 AM
You probably need a new coach.

You probably need to shut up your stupid fat mouth.

#coughlin4lyf
#ELIte
#bigblue2015
#fuckthepatriots

Also, fuck the Patriots.

Kdestiny
February 4th, 2015, 4:01 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here on a few predictions.

New Orleans will win the NFC South
Buffalo makes a playoff return
Green Bay gets a wild card spot
Worst team in the NFL will be Cleveland
NFC North doesn't have a team below .500
Patriots will be the last unbeaten team
Andrew Luck wins MVP

Playoff teams- NFC: Seahawks, Lions, Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Eagles.
AFC: Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Bills

AFC title game- Colts over Patriots
NFC title game- Seahawks over Cowboys

Superbowl- Colts over Seahawks

Kneeneighbor
February 4th, 2015, 9:47 AM
A couple points with what has been said here.

1. The Titans and the Rams are in a QB quandry. They have Locker and Bradford, neither of whom have stayed healthy for any stretch. It would be foolish to count on either of them to be a healthy long term answer at the position. The Titans need to decide whether Zach Mettenberger is the guy. If not they can get either Mariota or Winston and go from there. The Rams NEED a qb, as Bradford's lack of mobility in his division would spell disaster for him.

2. The Bill's defense is legit, but the window could close fast. Without a QB and with a coach who has been dreadful at developing that position, look for the Patriots to run their division. Again.

Predictions:

4. The Cowboys will let Murray or Dez walk, and sign Suh.

1/2. This brings up a real question about a QB shuffle in the league this year. Hoyer is not happy with the way things have been handled in Cleveland and despite his flaws the guy has a winning record... in Cleveland. He is a free agent. Jay Cutler could end up in a new uniform as well though it would be via a cut or trade. Buffalo would make an interesting landing point for either of those guys.

4. I have a feeling they let Murray walk, and work out a cheep deal for Adrian Peterson.

Chris Dolmeth
February 4th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Cutler isn't going anywhere, he's owed too much. I remember seeing something that he's owed so much, that if they wanted to trade him they'd have to give up a higher draft pick as well.

Jimmy Zero
February 4th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Cutler isn't going anywhere, he's owed too much. I remember seeing something that he's owed so much, that if they wanted to trade him they'd have to give up a higher draft pick as well.

I could be wrong, but I remember hearing there's a specific date for when that clause of his contract kicks in. I think if they trade him before early March (which probably won't happen), then they avoid problem.

But, like I said before. They have no alternatives if they do get rid of him. He's playing with the Bears for one more season and then getting cut.

Chris Dolmeth
February 4th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Yah either way it's not like there's a bunch of quarterbacks out there. Hoyer and.. That's about it.

ReDPath
February 4th, 2015, 7:14 PM
I think the Steelers are a team that should in theory only be a few pieces away from being a real contender in the AFC again. I don't think the Ravens or Bengals are really that much better than them to the point where they can't compete. They won the division last year. Them being super relevant in the AFC Playoffs again would be a good thing for the league going forward. Especially since the Bengals can't seem to improve at all in the playoffs. The Colts I don't trust. I feel like the Defensive approach is too soft. An undersized Defense that's designed with leads in mind, to rush the passer, all the while being suspect against against better running teams. They need to fix that approach. The Pats will probably be okay provided Gronk stays healthy again and they keep Revis and McCourty. Everybody else, including Ghost could probably go. Draft and Free Agency will be key as always.

Denver should also be right there, provided Manning stays healthy.

The NFC is who knows. Seattle and Green Bay would be the likely pick for frontrunners. But the Cowboys, 49ers, Lions and Cards could all be right there again. Maybe even Philly. Chances are, in both conferences, a usual suspect will fall off and someone else will emerge as they tend to do.

Regarding the Season Opener. Either Pitt at NE or Buffalo at NE.

Fro
February 4th, 2015, 7:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVAhk3J0mw

Gronk was just dancing and chugging and spiking drinks people threw him the whole parade. I imagine that even though people generally like Gronk he's probably reaching the tipping point and neutral fans are getting sick of him, but my god, what a fun loving guy. He's a ball of energy. This instagram vid of him catching fire ball is legit hilarious:

http://instagram.com/p/ysP4YlosXK/?modal=true&utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video

Brian M.
February 4th, 2015, 8:11 PM
Hahaha he is so god damned excited about that Fireball. Watching him on Kimmel the other night, Gronk came across as a very...simple man. But nice enough. They can't all be geniuses, I suppose. So long as he can continue being the best tight end in the league, I'm a fan.

Chris Dolmeth
February 4th, 2015, 8:23 PM
Lol @ Blount holding up a Bitch Mode shirt. Solid 2.something yards per carry he had in the Super Bowl. He ain't nearly at Beast's level.

Brian M.
February 4th, 2015, 8:24 PM
Yeah, that was dumb. All of the Sherman signs were hilarious because he actively engages in trash talk. There was no real need to go after Lynch. He's a solid dude and if they handed him the ball more they might have won the game.

Fro
February 4th, 2015, 8:34 PM
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/VLZk86vvEFmq-I73gpBypYaAELA=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3374274/whoakid.0.gif

Greed
February 4th, 2015, 8:35 PM
Would have.

Brian M.
February 5th, 2015, 12:04 AM
I was very afraid that Robert Kraft or Brady's kid were going to drop one of the trophies today.

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that was dumb. All of the Sherman signs were hilarious because he actively engages in trash talk. There was no real need to go after Lynch. He's a solid dude and if they handed him the ball more they might have won the game.

Even that though.. Brady avoided Sherm for a reason.

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 12:51 AM
True, same as Revis. Baldwin with 3 yards.

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 1:02 AM
True, and I bet if that last play went the other way there wouldn't have been signs mocking Revis. Just silly to mock a player that didn't get exposed.

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 1:09 AM
You're kinda missing the point of why he's being mocked. Revis isn't a cocky punk who started posturing for the cameras dissing Sherman when there was still a game to be played. Brady completely SHREDDING the supposed best defense of the generation in the 4th quarter and turning the LOB into Swiss cheese was poetic justice after the classless antics of the Hawks in the 3rd quarter.

Pablo Diablo
February 5th, 2015, 1:14 AM
Well to be fair to the LOB they were on a back-up corner due to a broken wrist, a guy with a dislocated shoulder, a guy with a damaged elbow and someone with a torn MCL. So they may not have been the typical best defense of the generation in the 4th quarter of the game.

Reading that I'm taking away more from Brady then I intended to. More just defending the defense that I do believe is one of the best of the generation.

son_of_foley
February 5th, 2015, 7:01 AM
Lads stupid newbie question. How come Julian Edelman wasn't MVP on Sunday or in the discussion? He seemed to be involved in EVERYTHING

Jordo
February 5th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Lads stupid newbie question. How come Julian Edelman wasn't MVP on Sunday or in the discussion? He seemed to be involved in EVERYTHING

I'd say because a lot of the other guys were super involved too Amendola and Gronk both had solid games. Generally when that happens in a super bowl you gotta look at who is getting them the ball

QBs and especially top guys like Tom Brady might get a little more credit than they deserve sometimes. They get more blame when things go bad as well.

Could also be cause Edelman is a JEW.

Brady deserved the MVP. Still though, fuck Tom Brady

I wish someone would let Gronk know that he needs to stop being so entertaining, he's a patriot and he's making it hard to hate him.

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 12:19 PM
You're kinda missing the point of why he's being mocked. Revis isn't a cocky punk who started posturing for the cameras dissing Sherman when there was still a game to be played. Brady completely SHREDDING the supposed best defense of the generation in the 4th quarter and turning the LOB into Swiss cheese was poetic justice after the classless antics of the Hawks in the 3rd quarter.

Here's the thing though (I'm probably coming off bitter, because I am, so I apologize) Sherman was mocking Revis, not the Patriots. They've had some beef for a good chunk of three years now, with Revis running his mouth just as much as Sherman. On that four yard completion, Revis happened to look worse than Sherman did at any point of the game. So if Revis wants to mock him for his team ultimately winning, that's fine. But there's no need for Edelman to do it. But it is what it is.

Could also be cause Edelman is a JEW.

Well that escalated quickly.

Edelman had a good game, but it's a quarterback driven league. He'd have to have like 50 more yards and another touchdown for him to win it.

Kneeneighbor
February 5th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Well Revis also got a solid pick set on him by the ref on that play.

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Who was that Seahawk who said that Gronk is not that good? :lol:

when you show little respect for your opponent and are generally a cocky team you can't really complain when the other team rubs your nose in it after they beat you. If you look back at Sherman's Twitter rants against Revis it's pretty clear Sherman is all about himself and his stats. He thinks very highly of himself. So if he wants to celebrate the fact that Revis allowed a 3 yard TD where he ran into the ref and no other completions in the entire game then that's his prerogative. Maybe he could have spent that time game planning how to stop Brady instead, something his squad could not do in the 4th quarter.

I like Sherman and would love him to be on my team but this is the downside of being a trash talker, it comes back to you. And rightfully so. Edelman was just handed that sign and held it up for about 2 seconds before punching it back into the crowd, it wasn't a big deal. Clearly the fans are going at Sherman but the players haven't really said a word about his posturing in front of the camera. Revis has been the bigger man.

The Law
February 5th, 2015, 1:54 PM
I love Pats fans acting like aggrieved victims. Four Super Bowl wins, six appearances in 15 years. Must be tough. Caught cheating more than once, act like the Patriots are the real victims. It's so tough being a Boston sports fan and having your teams in the playoffs every year.

"Bitch Mode?" Lynch rushed for 100 yards and a TD. Blount rushed for 40 yards at 2.9 YPC. I can't help but roll my eyes when a guy who can't lace Lynch's cleats talks shit about him. Lynch is the guy who spent more money on spilled liquor last year than Blount made, and Blount is the guy hollering his name.

As for Sherman, fair game. He's cocky, he talks trash. He also tracked down Brady right after the game ended to shake his hand and deserves credit for playing with his elbow busted. He did the same thing with Crabtree after the NFC Championship last year, only to have Crabtree smack him in the face, which prompted the "sorry receiver" rant.

Mills
February 5th, 2015, 2:14 PM
Who was that Seahawk who said that Gronk is not that good? :lol:

when you show little respect for your opponent and are generally a cocky team you can't really complain when the other team rubs your nose in it after they beat you. If you look back at Sherman's Twitter rants against Revis it's pretty clear Sherman is all about himself and his stats. He thinks very highly of himself. So if he wants to celebrate the fact that Revis allowed a 3 yard TD where he ran into the ref and no other completions in the entire game then that's his prerogative. Maybe he could have spent that time game planning how to stop Brady instead, something his squad could not do in the 4th quarter.

I like Sherman and would love him to be on my team but this is the downside of being a trash talker, it comes back to you. And rightfully so. Edelman was just handed that sign and held it up for about 2 seconds before punching it back into the crowd, it wasn't a big deal. Clearly the fans are going at Sherman but the players haven't really said a word about his posturing in front of the camera. Revis has been the bigger man.

That'd be Jeremy "broken arm" Lane. And Blount had 0 reason to be trash talking, he had an awful game.

Sigh, who is ready for the draft?

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 2:35 PM
I can't wait to see how much Chip Kelly gives up to get Mariota.

ReDPath
February 5th, 2015, 2:49 PM
In defense of Brady in the MVP debate.

1. He threw 4 TD's
2. 70 percent completion
3. Over 50 passes when the running game was a non factor
4. Brought the team back from 10 down in the 4th quarter and gave his Defense a chance to win the game

If he doesn't play that well, the Hawks win not too different from the Superbowl last year.

You could've given it to Edelman I suppose, or Butler. If you choose between the two, I'd probably pick Butler. If he doesn't get that INT, its very likely the Hawks win that game on 3rd or 4th down. They probably try to run Lynch two more times with the timeout to spare, and if not, Russel probably walks in on an easy bootleg. Of course, all of that is assuming Carrol doesn't try anything else too risky.

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 3:07 PM
I would have voted Brady for MVP due to his legendary 4th quarter and QB rating over 100 and setting the SB record for completions though obviously he didn't play a perfect game and that first pick was ugly. A case could be made for Edelman too, he would have been second for me. Brady deserved it IMO.

I will agree Blount probably shouldn't have held up the Bitch Mode T-shirt and it's also not very clever since Lynch isn't a bitch but it was in the excitement of the parade and he gave the fans what they wanted and has since apologized on Twitter.

The Law
February 5th, 2015, 3:25 PM
Brady was lights out in the fourth quarter. Almost perfect on back to back TD drives to win the game. Can't argue anyone else should have been MVP. Edelman made some plays, but it wasn't like he was getting wide open or anything. Brady was driving the ball into some tight spots.

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 3:28 PM
I will agree Blount probably shouldn't have held up the Bitch Mode T-shirt and it's also not very clever since Lynch isn't a bitch but it was in the excitement of the parade and he gave the fans what they wanted and has since apologized on Twitter.

"Probably" :lol:

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 3:33 PM
Why would Patriots fans want to mock Marshawn? You guys can't be that dumb.

I just don't get why you gotta mock anybody. Sherman, I'll give you, but come on.

Percussion
February 5th, 2015, 3:52 PM
Sigh, who is ready for the draft?

Don't know about you gents, but I am completely of the draft nerd variety. It's football christmas.

I've got my wishlist narrowed to 6 with the combine still around the corner.

Mills
February 5th, 2015, 4:07 PM
Im a draft nerd for sure, I usually record it if I'm not home to watch it. It's just so captivating to watch

ReDPath
February 5th, 2015, 6:51 PM
Great sights and sounds from one of the best bowls played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SljNtAP6dnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYnkhU5t3w

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 7:04 PM
ReDPath I'm starting to warm up to you somewhat but where are you at with your firm stance of wanting Belichick and Brady both gone from the Patriots?

Chris Dolmeth
February 5th, 2015, 7:12 PM
The Miami Dolphins are knocking out seats on the 30-yard lines in the lower bowl of the south side of Sun Life Stadium as part of their $400 million renovation and adding 32 "living rooms." The areas are sold in groups of four, and each includes a 30-inch wide recliner and iPad, with options for a 32-inch TV ($15,000 more) or four 24-inch TVs ($30,000 more).
The standard cost for the package of four seats is $75,000 and includes food and drinks and access to a lounge area.

:lol: Yeeeeeah.. Good luck with that one, Dolphins.

Jimmy Zero
February 5th, 2015, 7:17 PM
Or, I could stay home, watch the game on a bigger TV and eat better food for next to nothing.

ReDPath
February 5th, 2015, 7:46 PM
ReDPath I'm starting to warm up to you somewhat but where are you at with your firm stance of wanting Belichick and Brady both gone from the Patriots?

Belichick is 62. Brady is 37, or 38, too lazy to look it up.

At some point. Its going to crash and burn. There will be no more AFC East titles. Look at Manning in Denver. People don't know if last year was just due to injury or father time has finally crept up on him. Its going to probably end badly in Denver, one way or another.

I'm just trying to take a cue from what Bill tends to do with guys he thinks are done. Its better to be done with it a year early than a year late. At some point, they have to see if Jimmy G is the future. The natural successor to Bill should be McDaniels, but how long is he going to wait around when other jobs will open that he might get eventually?

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 8:07 PM
:lol: Yeeeeeah.. Good luck with that one, Dolphins.

Or, I could stay home, watch the game on a bigger TV and eat better food for next to nothing.

It sounds dumb but I guess I can see the appeal to some extent. It just sounds like having a luxury box except instead of being way up you're right in the good seats. But $75K per 4 seats? I mean shit if they've got the clientele lined up then go for it, but it's also kinda snooty.

Why would Patriots fans want to mock Marshawn? You guys can't be that dumb.

I just don't get why you gotta mock anybody. Sherman, I'll give you, but come on.

Conceded. I can't argue with that. I think if you talk shit before/during the game then you're in play for mockery but if you're quiet like Lynch or others then it's poor form. Brandon Bolden has now also apologized via Twitter for holding the shirt (#shirtgate). And hey man for what it's worth I truly feel for you guys. You caught one of the worst beats ever, and I've been right there. The 18-0 Patriots Super Bowl loss hit me hard. I would say it was about equal to this in that this one was more devastating for the on-field play that ended it but 18-1 was worse because of the undefeated season aspect (while also being a last second loss), so it kinda evens out. Then of course there's the OTHER crushing Super Bowl loss and the '03 Red Sox. Tough beats are a sign of being a good team, though, and you guys will be back. Tough beats is also the name of my rap crew.

Fro
February 5th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Brady's pre-game speech gives me chills. This is a leader of men.

http://instagram.com/p/yqXadvnzsb/?modal=true

Kdestiny
February 5th, 2015, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna throw up

Rancid_Planet
February 5th, 2015, 11:38 PM
All this talk about quarterbacks, the Rams scare me if they find one.

All Fisher has ever needed is a damn quaterback. You lucky St. Louis bastards. Do you even know how good your coach really is?

#JadedTitansFan

TheWholeFnShow420
February 6th, 2015, 2:29 PM
Brady's pre-game speech gives me chills. This is a leader of men.

http://instagram.com/p/yqXadvnzsb/?modal=true

Tom Terrific is the greatest ever.

Mills
February 6th, 2015, 2:32 PM
Dolphins are struggling to stay relevant right now, but I think that's more of the Miami market. Hell, look at Marlins attendance records for games, just awful.

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 2:38 PM
Miami is horrible with sports.

Mills
February 6th, 2015, 2:39 PM
I'd reference the Heat fans leaving early, but some of the Seattle "fans" did the same thing at the NFC championship game. Stupid pinkhats.

Percussion
February 6th, 2015, 2:40 PM
Miamians have two or three other things begging their entertainment really.

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 3:06 PM
I'd reference the Heat fans leaving early, but some of the Seattle "fans" did the same thing at the NFC championship game. Stupid pinkhats.

The fact they were always late annoyed me more.

Miamians have two or three other things begging their entertainment really.

Pretty much.. Damn half naked women.

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 4:18 PM
Saw something that said Suh's number one destination is Seattle, which of course would mean a massive pay cut. But hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Mills
February 6th, 2015, 4:20 PM
Well, we not only lost our DC to Atlanta, but now our LB coach is going to be the DC in Oakland. Best of luck to Ken Norton Jr. and here's hoping Kris Richard gets a well deserved promotion.

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 4:21 PM
He did, just made it official a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Well not sure if it's official, but there is a deal in place.

Mills
February 6th, 2015, 4:24 PM
where did you see that?

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 4:27 PM
The Twitter, from a guy with King 5

Alex Rozier @AlexRozier (https://twitter.com/AlexRozier) · 16m16 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AlexRozier/status/563791704860270592)

NEW: Sources close to the team confirm Kris Richard will be the new #Seahawks (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hash) Defensive Coordinator.

Chris Dolmeth
February 6th, 2015, 4:28 PM
Also, same guy is saying Rocky Seto has received a promotion and will stay with the team. But didn't say what his new job will be.

Mills
February 6th, 2015, 4:54 PM
yeah, I know PFT had a thing saying it'll most likely be Richard, I just didnt know if they had made anything official yet

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2015, 6:40 PM
Haha always love fan reactions me.

Fro
February 6th, 2015, 6:43 PM
how about player reactions?

https://vine.co/v/OF9vL2ruP95

I really do love Marshawn Lynch, he's the man

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2015, 6:46 PM
Dolphins are struggling to stay relevant right now, but I think that's more of the Miami market. Hell, look at Marlins attendance records for games, just awful.

One thing I noticed when I was there was Miami people went fussed on their sports teams as much as I'd thought they'd be.

Rancid_Planet
February 6th, 2015, 8:30 PM
how about player reactions?

https://vine.co/v/OF9vL2ruP95

I really do love Marshawn Lynch, he's the man

Wow.

Spedizzo
February 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM

New England will be in the thick of things, Seattle won't. I believe the NFC is more competitive right now with teams like the Packers and Cowboys.

I don't know if he will return for sure, but he will not win a conference championship again, let alone a Super Bowl. If he plays again, it will look like Bret Favre in his last year with the Vikings.

Nothing detrimental to the Patriots.

No.

Andrew Luck. He took practically a 16 loss team to a legitimate threat in the AFC. Russell Wilson plays on a good defensive team that keeps them in the game at all times... and Marshawn Lynch.

Worse.

The prosecution is really crapping the bed and it will be more difficult than most would imagine. However, there are many other charges he will be guilty of, and while he is serving time for those charges, the other murder case will be brought on him. He won't be seeing green grass again.

He will be good, but not as "unstoppable." However, if he is signed by the team which I think he will - the Cowboys, it would only help his game with that offensive line.

- Will RedPath make more long winded tear-downs of his favorite team, the Patriots, and declare he will leave the forum forever if they do well, only to once again completely renege on his promise when the Patriots dominate??

I don't know who he is, but sure.

JRSlim21
February 9th, 2015, 9:24 PM
If Peterson goes to the Cowboys, then where does Murray go?

Fro
February 9th, 2015, 9:30 PM
Arizona

Judas Iscariot
February 9th, 2015, 9:46 PM
I'd have pretty high hopes for Arizona if they land Murray.

Chris Dolmeth
February 9th, 2015, 10:15 PM
Arizona is a good call, I could see Atlanta and Indy making a push for him too.

The Rick
February 10th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Arizona is a good call, I could see Atlanta and Indy making a push for him too.

I think Indy would be a mistake though. I don't think their offense is conducive to his running style. Arizona would be a good call.

Honey_Badger
February 10th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Indy v. Green Bay in the Super Bowl with Green Bay winning.

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 11:30 AM
You are the second person in here to pick the Colts to come out of the AFC, which I find a little odd considering how much of a gap there was between them and the Patriots this year. They need some serious re-tooling and roster additions before they will get there, IMO. If they get All Day or Murray that would certainly be a big move in that direction to take some pressure off Luck. Their defense and receiving corp need help too.

My prediction is conditional at this point since there is so much to happen in the offseason. I think if the Patriots keep Revis (and that is 100% the only thing I will judge their offseason on), they will return to the Super Bowl and for the first time in their 7 appearances, it won't come down to the last play. They'll win it by 2 possessions or more.

Chris Dolmeth
February 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Yeah Indy has a few moves they need to make before they're ready for the next level. The only reason they made it as far as they did this year was because Manning was hurt.

I'll be shocked if the Pats keep Revis.

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I won't be shocked either way. The Patriots track record does make it unlikely they will give him top dollar but I think and hope they understand he is worthy of an exception from their normal valuation process since he truly changes how they can play defense. Right now I would put it at 65% he stays with the Pats.

Chris Dolmeth
February 10th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Shocked is the wrong word, but I think there will be a team (Rex Ryan) that will offer him a lot. He was huge for the Pats though, so it'll be interesting to watch that unfold. I'm still trying to play GM and figure out how much Suh would be willing to take :chin:

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Suh to Seattle, now that would shock me. Those rumors seem pretty unrealistic. You guys need to upgrade at receiver first and foremost IMO. Those defensive injuries are worth watching but since they're arm injuries I think everyone will fine. Lynch being disgruntled is the other thing to watch, I'd say.

Chris Dolmeth
February 10th, 2015, 1:02 PM
Oh I know it won't happen, but I'm just holding out hope he takes a cheap one year deal just to get a ring. I'm not worried about the secondary, and Lynch will get paid. Wide out is big, but they won't do anything flashy. Outside of the draft, I could maybe see Fitz coming in. But again, it'd have to be on a cheaper deal. That's the bonus of being so stacked though, it does up the chance of players coming in cheaper, just wanting to win. Like the steal they got with Bennett last year.

Mills
February 10th, 2015, 1:41 PM
Wideout is big and the D-line needs more bodies. I can see the Hawks moving on from Zach Miller and I don't know how many of our FA's are coming back... maybe Carpenter and probably Kearse.

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 1:44 PM
I'm not sure that Lynch will get paid by Seattle. Paying Wilson, Lynch AND your best player Bobby Wagner will be a tough trick to pull off. Lynch already doesn't love Carroll and I doubt he will accept a modest extension. He's arguably the best back in the league and will want to get paid like it. There's potential for another holdout there.

Mills
February 10th, 2015, 1:48 PM
True, but RB contracts aren't what they used to be, and he's getting top 5 money at his position. He might get bumped up to 9 mil a year, tied with Shady for 2nd highest contract. That AP contract is astronomical and a RB will never see that kind of money for a very long time.

Kneeneighbor
February 10th, 2015, 1:50 PM
He may just be sick of everything in Seattle and ask to move on.

Mills
February 10th, 2015, 2:44 PM
I don't know who else would treat him even remotely as well as he's treated in Seattle. Maybe Oakland, but I can't see that even remotely working

Chris Dolmeth
February 10th, 2015, 3:17 PM
I think him being sick of Seattle is another overhype by the media. The locker room loves the guy, and they dictate the offense around him. He'll get a little pay raise, but it isn't gonna be crazy like AP's (as Mills said).

Judas Iscariot
February 10th, 2015, 5:12 PM
The Giants are due this year.

MARK IT DOWN

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 5:15 PM
doo *

Pipkin
February 10th, 2015, 5:41 PM
I'm seeing "rumors" on Facebook of Miami trading Mike Wallace to Seattle. Anybody know if there's anything behind it?

Chris Dolmeth
February 10th, 2015, 5:49 PM
It's just one of those "the Dolphins want to trade him and HEY the Seahawks need a receiver" type of report. I don't see the Seahawks doing this, smells too much like Percy.

Fro
February 10th, 2015, 5:59 PM
I think him being sick of Seattle is another overhype by the media. The locker room loves the guy, and they dictate the offense around him. He'll get a little pay raise, but it isn't gonna be crazy like AP's (as Mills said).

There are also rumors that he could even retire this offseason. He certainly marches to the beat of a different drummer so it's hard to predict what will happen with him (much like Ricky Williams). If I could bet on whether he will play for the Seahawks in 2016, I would most certainly bet no. But that's not to say they couldn't surprise me and extend him. If it wasn't for the other upcoming free agents I mentioned that IMO are of higher priority to the team, I would be more optimistic.

And I have heard nothing of that Mike Wallace rumor but it would make sense for the Seahawks. It's a rumor I could see being true. That's the kind of guy they need. They're not gonna be in on Dez or Demaryus or someone like that, they just need a legit dependable #1 or #1A type receiver.

btw I totally think Pipkin is Judas now... always.

Bandit
February 10th, 2015, 8:43 PM
Man, if Peterson goes to Dallas, he's breaking Dickerson's record (assuming he plays all 16 games of course). If he goes there, I'll bet anyone in here an avatar challenge.

Indy is close to being a legit threat. I don't think they're there yet, but a solid draft could be enough. Duron Carter signing is shrouded in terms like upside/potential/etc. but it is legit. Played in the CFL with Chad Johnson and he said that Carter is one of the most talented WRs he's ever played with. I'd imagine they'd draft another WR.

There are a TON of potential stars at RB in the draft that could really help take some pressure off of Luck. Gordon/Abdullah/Gurley are all guys that will be winning people's fantasy leagues next year. Beyond that there's guys like TJ Yeldon, David Cobb, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson who could be drafted in the middle rounds and still be productive starting RBs in their rookie year.

Judas Iscariot
February 11th, 2015, 5:38 AM
btw I totally think Pipkin is Judas now... always.

And I totally think you're a schmuck now... always.

You schmuck face.

Judas Iscariot
February 11th, 2015, 5:41 AM
Schmuck is such an underrated, satisfying word to say.

Schmuck. I love it.

Fro
February 11th, 2015, 11:01 AM
More or less than you love Tom Brady's cock?

Chris Dolmeth
February 11th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I don't like where this is going.

Mills
February 11th, 2015, 1:41 PM
I'd take Wallace for a 5th round pick.... maybe. I think it's got potential to be Harvin 2.0 because the team is still a run first team and when they went away from that, the Hawks went 3-3

Pablo Diablo
February 11th, 2015, 1:50 PM
Wouldn't taking Wallace completely screw your cap though?

Mills
February 11th, 2015, 2:38 PM
Oh definitely, it's a pipe dream at best, though apparently theres some rumors that they're going to get very creative on Wilson's contract extension, like less per year but all guaranteed. Who knows, I trust Schneider. Just look at this magnificent bastard

http://media.philly.com/images/020314-shirtless-gm-600.jpg

Pablo Diablo
February 11th, 2015, 3:26 PM
Yeah Wallace has quite the cap hit. That's really the only reason the Dolphins will trade him. A lot has been made about how he's struggled, but I think last year he set his personal best for TDs. I actually wish they'd keep him, him and Tannehill seem to be getting on the same page now.

Mills
February 11th, 2015, 3:54 PM
Dolphins need a RB too, then you can exploit defenses so Wallace can get some seperation

Chris Dolmeth
February 11th, 2015, 4:09 PM
Another rumor I'm seeing float around is that the Seahawks are growing tired of Doug Baldwin and might look to trade him. I'd hate to lose him, he is a hell of a talent. Makes me want them to just go out and get Fitz. I think a year or two with him would be great for Baldwin and help him calm down some.

Mills
February 11th, 2015, 4:35 PM
His max value is here I can't see him as anymore then a #2

Chris Dolmeth
February 12th, 2015, 3:06 PM
Obviously things are going to change but Deadspin has an article up about schedule strength for next season.
http://deadspin.com/which-nfl-teams-have-the-hardest-and-easiest-2015-sched-1685440914

Atlanta looks to have the easiest schedule. That and having a coach that isn't football retarded defiantly makes them seem like a team to watch out for.

Mills
February 12th, 2015, 5:31 PM
Jesus, Indy steals an easy schedule

DaSaintFan
February 12th, 2015, 6:22 PM
They'll face just four opponents who had winning records, but their relative cakewalk is a function of the historically bad NFC South

Say what? Okay, as a fan of one of those NFC South teams... I take issue with this comment! Yes, the NFC-South was bad this year...but outside of 2012 and 2014, that's been the exception more so than the rule! (of course, the cap for my Saints is going to be a nightmare to watch us work through this off-season)

Fro
February 12th, 2015, 7:06 PM
Honestly, judging schedules before the draft is foolish. I think there's some value in looking at "tough matchups", which let's say we define as games against teams with 10 or more wins last year. But when you start looking at overall records of you opponents, and making the assertion that facing a team that was 9-7 last year is tougher than facing a team that was 6-10 last year... that's for the birds.

Fro
February 14th, 2015, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJuuBONPOk

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Kdestiny
February 14th, 2015, 12:08 PM
No... Stop this madness

Fro
February 16th, 2015, 7:53 PM
I think the debate between Montana vs Brady is still around a 50/50 debate at this point and if Brady retired today it would stay that way but by the end of Brady's career it'll favor Brady so we might as well just all accept it now and enjoy watching the best to do it. Can we also just acknowledge that Brady threw 50 passes in the Super Bowl and completed 74% of them for 328 yards against the best passing defense in the league which averaged 61% / 186 yards per game this year?

JRSlim21
February 16th, 2015, 8:17 PM
I'll take Montana over Brady. I hate to admit Brady is top 2 or 3, strictly as a hater, but yea.

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Whoa so the Raiders and Chargers could both move to LA together. This is too much for me, I can't handle that much change.

Chris Dolmeth
February 20th, 2015, 12:17 PM
It's funny they think LA will support two teams.
Poor Jeremy Lane, not only did his arm go all Gumby on his Super Bowl pick, he also blew out his knee. Regrets not taking a knee. But shit, at least he made a huge play in the Super Bowl.

Kneeneighbor
February 20th, 2015, 1:02 PM
I read the article on ESPN and it says that they would have to move one of the teams to the NFC West. What is the rule that requires this? Is it just if you are in the same town you cant be in the same conference? Seems arbitray but I am sure there are further reasons for it. Im just curious.

Chris Dolmeth
February 20th, 2015, 1:18 PM
Is it just if you are in the same town you cant be in the same conference?

Pretty sure it's just this.

Kneeneighbor
February 20th, 2015, 3:20 PM
But what purpose does that serve? That's my real question. Does it have to do with TV market and getting them on opposite channels or what is it that makes there a need for that rule?

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 5:22 PM
Gotta be about getting them on different channels.

The Giants are always on Fox and the Jets are on CBS at 1 or 4 depending. Unless one's playing a team in another conference, then they switch. Or something.

LA couldn't support one team. Multiple times. What makes them think two at once is remotely possible?

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 6:54 PM
LA couldn't support one team. Multiple times. What makes them think two at once is remotely possible?

I've heard this said a lot this week but someone refresh my memory... did the LA Raiders and LA Rams actually not get support, as in didn't sell out, poor ratings etc? It's the second biggest market in the U.S. so while I do think this 2-fer deal is over the top, surely they can support at least 1 team and have it do very well financially.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 7:05 PM
How have the Rams and Raiders done in LA the last 20 years?

Speaking of the Rams, aren't they already building a giant stadium in LA?

I'm confused, but that's par for the course.

Also, fuck the Patriots.

The Rick
February 20th, 2015, 7:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJuuBONPOk

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3tyAkGx-s

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 7:37 PM
Ahaha

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 7:38 PM
I never knew Tosh was a Dolphins fan, and a butthurt one at that.

As an aside Rick, I get the feeling Elway wants Manning to take a pay cut, which I really can't respect if it ends up being the case. They should pay him what he's owed and if they start getting cute with him, Manning should give Elway the finger and go to Houston (or somewhere else).

Pipkin
February 20th, 2015, 7:41 PM
I'm not going to watch that because I don't find Daniel Tosh entertaining in any way, shape, or form...but this is just more proof of the well known fact that Roger Goodell should kick the Pats out of the league and award Super Bowl 49 to the Seahawks.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 7:41 PM
Manning should retire so his better younger brother can play a few years without his massive lower storm cloud hanging over him.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 7:42 PM
I'm not going to watch that because I don't find Daniel Tosh entertaining in any way, shape, or form...but this is just more proof of the well known fact that Roger Goodell should kick the Pats out of the league and award Super Bowl 49 to the Seahawks.

Completely agree. Banish them to the CFL.

Brian M.
February 20th, 2015, 7:45 PM
I enjoyed all the nonsense about the Broncos maybe not wanting Manning back for another year. Like they were going to find someone better than him? Dude's still at least a top 10 QB in the league. But yeah, no, fuck you Peyton, we'll sign Josh McCown or some shit...

The Rick
February 20th, 2015, 7:49 PM
I never knew Tosh was a Dolphins fan, and a butthurt one at that.

Yea, he has always been a fins fan. And that is his comedy. Take a stand, and go to an extreme.

As an aside Rick, I get the feeling Elway wants Manning to take a pay cut, which I really can't respect if it ends up being the case. They should pay him what he's owed and if they start getting cute with him, Manning should give Elway the finger and go to Houston (or somewhere else).

You're shitting me on this one right? Your golden boy just took a pay cut. And it wasn't the first. And don't try and spin that it was his idea. So the Pats get Brady to take a pay cut(Not the first one I might add), and the Broncos shouldn't do the same with Peyton? Why don't the Pats also have to pay their man what he is owed, let alone what he is worth?

The Broncos have quite a few guys coming up as free agents as we discussed a few weeks ago. And I would take more than a couple over Manning, who probably doesn't have more than a few seasons in him. But come on. Saying that you can't respect the Broncos for asking Manning to take a Pay cut, when your team has done it multiple times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfnujUPUnkU

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 8:07 PM
BOOM

FUCK THE PATRIOTS AND I HOPE THE SNOW IS 200 FEET HIGH

THAT'S 100 x THE NUMBER OF TIMES THE PATS COULDNT BEAT THE GIANTS IN THE SUPER BOWL

AMERICA. ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 8:37 PM
Fair points, fair points. But you can't compare other quarterbacks to Tom Brady. He's unique. The fact that he takes team friendly deals and cares more about winning championships than money is part of what makes him such a gift from god. I love him for it, but I don't hold other players to his standard. There's nothing wrong with squeezing every penny you can out of this game. It's a cruel game with early retirements that can turn your brain to scrambled eggs. Also, Brady owes so much to Belichick and Kraft. It's the team that drafted him and made him the GOAT. There's loyalty at play there whereas that's not the case in Denver.

I spoke too strongly though, surely there's nothing wrong with the Broncos approaching him about some sort of re-negotiation. I just don't know if I'd listen if I were Manning. He's a legend. He was MVP-caliber last year until his injury. Assuming he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the league. And he's probably got 1 year left before he retires. Something about Elway as GM rubs me the wrong way. He's too much of a hot shot, too cocky, too short sighted. I get the feeling if Manning won't accept a pay cut, Elway will cut him. Which would be dumb. They should be looking at this like a 1-year window to win a title. Look, if Manning has another year that ends in him being banged up and playing mediocre football, I'll say yea, no way in hell this guy is worth a $21 million cap hit in 2016. But he's not there yet. Other than his season lost to neck surgery, this guy hasn't missed a game in, ummm, EVER. I wouldn't take a pay cut if I were him.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 8:43 PM
Why would Brady care about money when his wife is bringing in $4 Trillion a year?

Gotta hand it to him, and it's bizarre to say it about a millionaire, but he hit the jackpot.

As a millionaire, he hit the jackpot.

Makes my head hurt and hate him more thinking about it.

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 8:57 PM
True, but he could have had any woman on earth. Hell he impregnated Bridget Moynahan before he got with Giselle. So it wasn't really hitting the jackpot, it was choosing wisely. And I love that he got Giselle to live and raise their family in Boston. They built that ridiculous mansion outside San Fran (where Brady is from) but ended up selling it to Dr. Dre for $40 mil and building a new one around here. Like this chick is the biggest supermodel on Earth and she lives in freezing ass Boston just so Brady can stack up titles.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 9:05 PM
Stack up titles shut up I hate you.

The Rick
February 20th, 2015, 9:20 PM
But seriously. Brady is a damn good quarterback, and any team would kill to have someone like him. He is worth way more money than he has ever been paid.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 9:25 PM
Someone refresh my memory, how many times did he beat Eli in the Super Bowl?

#cantspellelitewithouteli
#bostonhasstupidclosingtimesandshutsdownthecharlie andcabservicedrunkstupidirishderivedstupidasses

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 9:36 PM
You know the T actually runs until 3am on weekends now.

But seriously. Brady is a damn good quarterback, and any team would kill to have someone like him. He is worth way more money than he has ever been paid.

True. He's made $150 mil to Peyton's $230 mil. The only other active player ahead of Brady in career earnings? Eli with $151 mil. Eli is the ultimate spoiled brat.. everything handed to him, daddy made sure he went to the right team in the draft, overpaid.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 9:47 PM
We're going to come to fisticuffs.

Fro
February 20th, 2015, 9:59 PM
You can't deny how much of a bitch move it is to refuse to play for the team that drafts you. Complete entitlement and snobbery. The anti-Brady.

Judas Iscariot
February 20th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Is wanting to legally land somewhere better better or worse than an entire career marred by cheating allegations?

BOOM.

FACIAL.

Pipkin
February 20th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Fair points, fair points. But you can't compare other quarterbacks to Tom Brady. He's unique. The fact that he takes team friendly deals and cares more about winning championships than money is part of what makes him such a gift from god. I love him for it, but I don't hold other players to his standard. There's nothing wrong with squeezing every penny you can out of this game. It's a cruel game with early retirements that can turn your brain to scrambled eggs. Also, Brady owes so much to Belichick and Kraft. It's the team that drafted him and made him the GOAT. There's loyalty at play there whereas that's not the case in Denver.

I spoke too strongly though, surely there's nothing wrong with the Broncos approaching him about some sort of re-negotiation. I just don't know if I'd listen if I were Manning. He's a legend. He was MVP-caliber last year until his injury. Assuming he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the league. And he's probably got 1 year left before he retires. Something about Elway as GM rubs me the wrong way. He's too much of a hot shot, too cocky, too short sighted. I get the feeling if Manning won't accept a pay cut, Elway will cut him. Which would be dumb. They should be looking at this like a 1-year window to win a title. Look, if Manning has another year that ends in him being banged up and playing mediocre football, I'll say yea, no way in hell this guy is worth a $21 million cap hit in 2016. But he's not there yet. Other than his season lost to neck surgery, this guy hasn't missed a game in, ummm, EVER. I wouldn't take a pay cut if I were him.
:lol:

You can't deny how much of a bitch move it is to refuse to play for the team that drafts you. Complete entitlement and snobbery. The anti-Brady.
Good point. Goodell should also award Super Bowls 42 and 46 to the Seahawks. In fact, I didn't care for the halftime show of Super Bowl 47, so they should give that one to Seattle too.

Chris Dolmeth
February 21st, 2015, 10:23 PM
Not much of a surprise, but the Beast is coming back :hyper:
Gets 12 mil next season

Fro
February 22nd, 2015, 1:36 AM
His agent is denying it's a deal yet but with a raise waiting for him it would seem all the more likely he will return and sign for beyond 2015.

Fro
February 25th, 2015, 2:23 PM
Word around the world wide web is that there's a Dez Bryant video that's worse than the Ray Rice video. Schefty says he's been working on the story since September but hasn't seen the video yet.

Chris Dolmeth
February 25th, 2015, 3:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qqSCxPM.jpg

Chris Dolmeth
February 25th, 2015, 5:15 PM
http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/nfl/7/72/702140/dez-bryant-walmart-video/

So a rumor is that the video is him hitting a woman at a Walmart

Jimmy Zero
February 25th, 2015, 5:39 PM
Has anyone actually seen this video yet? Everything I'm seeing about this incident is that everything is rumored to have happened.

Fro
February 25th, 2015, 5:45 PM
The first rule of the Dez Bryant video is you don't talk about the Dez Bryant video.

You're right though but Schefty saying he's been on this since September and it took up a lot of his time over the season and "get back to me on that" tells me there's something to it.

Jimmy Zero
February 25th, 2015, 5:49 PM
Oh, I'm not trying to say there's nothing to it. But I'm not buying into any of this "rumored to be worse than the Ray Rice video" until I actually see it because the Rice video was pretty bad.

Matthew
February 25th, 2015, 5:55 PM
i am the woman dez bryant hit

he is innocent it is all my fault

Fro
February 25th, 2015, 6:57 PM
The timing of this couldn't be worse for Dez (and people are suspecting that's intentional) but it also couldn't be better for the Cowboys. Not that the Cowboys are happy about this but at least they didn't JUST sign him to $120 million. If this blows up, they got 5 great years out of him and they can move on an bring back Murray instead. If it gets more or less squashed the publicity hit could still hurt his value a little and save them some money. If it drags on they can tag him and see how it plays out while working on an extension.

The Pats traded the Dez draft pick to Dallas and dropped 3 spots to take Devin McCourty. I wonder how the last 5 years would have played out if those players switched teams :chin:

Chris Dolmeth
March 1st, 2015, 2:54 PM
That was the longest month ever.

Fro
March 1st, 2015, 4:09 PM
flew by.

http://giant.gfycat.com/AdmirableShoddyAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

Fro
March 2nd, 2015, 9:46 PM
So today was franchise tag day:

Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul ($14,813,000)
Chiefs OLB Justin Houston ($13,195,000)
Cowboys WR Dez Bryant ($12,823,000)
Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas ($12,823,000)
Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski ($4,126,000)
Dolphins TE Charles Clay ($7,071,000 Transition Tag)

The Patriots notably didn't franchise Devin McCourty. It will be very uncharacteristic of them to bring back both Revis and McCourty. They rarely sign/retain big name DB's let alone sign the 2 biggest free agents at their respective positions in the same offseason for big multiyear deals. I hope this is the exception and I think there's a chance of it since McCourty loves it here and could take the dynasty discount plus he's been a model Patriot/captain and Belichick favorite. Revis might take a tiny bit less to stay but is less likely to give anything up (and will also get the bigger contract). Fingers crossed they bring them both back but my prediction is they keep only one of them. I bet they go big to keep Revis then lowball McCourty so much that he moves on.

Kdestiny
March 2nd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Chicago would welcome McCourty with open arms.

Grimario
March 2nd, 2015, 11:19 PM
So, former Australian rugby league superstar, Jarryd Hayne, has signed with the 49ers for their 90 man train on squad or whatever the feck you lot have.

Percussion
March 3rd, 2015, 1:04 AM
So it appears we're parting ways with Andre Johnson here in Houston. Fuck. Not mind-boggling given his cap number and age, but a huge bummer nonetheless. Our first HOF'er, I believe. A monster of a wide-out in his prime.

Thinking he lands in maybe Denver? Baltimore? NE?

Also, for any draft nerds: http://www.first-pick.com/ The best sim I've found yet.

CWE
March 3rd, 2015, 1:21 AM
So it appears we're parting ways with Andre Johnson here in Houston. Fuck. Not mind-boggling given his cap number and age, but a huge bummer nonetheless. Our first HOF'er, I believe. A monster of a wide-out in his prime.

Thinking he lands in maybe Denver? Baltimore? NE?

Also, for any draft nerds: http://www.first-pick.com/ The best sim I've found yet.

First thought was FUCK! The greatest Texans player ever and it's not even close.

Just imagine if he had any QB ever...

Here's hoping he goes somewhere where we can see AJ in the postseason.

Chris Dolmeth
March 3rd, 2015, 2:57 PM
Man, the more I think about it, the more I want the Seahawks to get Johnson. When he gets cut, obviously.

Dubya
March 3rd, 2015, 7:47 PM
Eagles traded LeSean McCoy to the Bills for Kiko Alonso .. first big trade of the season.

TimeSplitter
March 3rd, 2015, 7:55 PM
Wow.

Fro
March 3rd, 2015, 8:05 PM
Good move for the Bills. If they get a QB they are a legit contender.

VanillaJello
March 3rd, 2015, 8:33 PM
Damn I'm going to miss Kiko... he was a beast... but the defense was great without him this year... so getting Shady will only make our team better!

Kdestiny
March 3rd, 2015, 8:33 PM
That is huge for the Bills. Yeah, they should just hope they are able to draft someone or come up with another trade.

VanillaJello
March 3rd, 2015, 8:37 PM
That is huge for the Bills. Yeah, they should just hope they are able to draft someone or come up with another trade.

I was hoping Jones from OSU would go pro and we could nab him in the second round... don't like any of the other QB's outside of the top two... so I guess, Hoyer, Manuel or bust in 2015.

JRSlim21
March 3rd, 2015, 8:58 PM
I like Hundley. That's about it.

And that draft sim has caused me to say goodbye to daylight

Percussion
March 3rd, 2015, 9:35 PM
Pretty slick move from Chip Kelly. Signing McCoy would have meant losing Jeremy Maclin, so this way he keeps Maclin and adds a talented LB to his D on the cheap. Plus I'm pretty sure Chip feels like RB is kind of plug-n-play in his offense. We shall see.

Fucking extra bummer though as I was hoping for an outside chance at making a run at Maclin to replace Andre. Ugh.

Fro
March 3rd, 2015, 9:45 PM
McCoy is already signed. He has cap hits of $10.2, 7.1 and 7.8 million in the next 3 years (the last 2 non guaranteed). Considering he's only 26 years old, anyone would sign him to that in a heartbeat.

Percussion
March 3rd, 2015, 9:59 PM
Ya, I shouldn't have said signed, that was dumb, just that I had heard rumors of him possibly being cut or traded anyway.

Fro
March 3rd, 2015, 10:08 PM
Granted the $10 million next year is a lot, and it's more than Chip Kelly wanted to pay him, but it's not a bad contract at all considering age and track record. Of course it's yet to be seen if there are draft picks moving as well.

Pablo Diablo
March 3rd, 2015, 10:18 PM
I've heard it's just straight up. But really I don't see this move for the Bills. They don't have a QB. They actually were upset to miss out on McCown. That says more about their current state on O.

Fro
March 3rd, 2015, 10:25 PM
I think they see there aren't going to be any decent QB's available to them in the draft, free agency or via trade and they are doing this to make up for their offensive deficiency. Rex Ryan has succeeded with running game, defense and a lackluster QB before. That EJ manuel draft pick looks like garbaj. That whole draft had nothing for QBs.

The Rick
March 3rd, 2015, 11:50 PM
I've heard it's just straight up. But really I don't see this move for the Bills. They don't have a QB. They actually were upset to miss out on McCown. That says more about their current state on O.

The Bills just found their cheaper option to DeMarco Murray. I was listening to ESPN, and heard that the Bills were seriously looking at him.

Matthew
March 3rd, 2015, 11:58 PM
kiko has been riddled with injuries anyway. buffalo defense was amazing without him all year. decent move

Greed
March 4th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Good move.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2015, 12:31 AM
God I want Hoyer to lead the Bills to the final playoff spot and edge out the Browns.

Greed
March 4th, 2015, 12:50 AM
The Browns will not win 6 games next year with Mccown.

Greed
March 4th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Odds are, Baltimore, Cinci, San Diego, and KC will be fighting over the final spots, along with Buffalo, just like this year.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2015, 1:15 AM
I know but i can dream. Usually i root for the Browns to do well butni really think they flubbed the handeling of this situation with Hoyer and I wish him well.

PurePlayer
March 4th, 2015, 11:24 AM
kiko has been riddled with injuries anyway. buffalo defense was amazing without him all year. decent move

He had the ACL. Not aware of other injuries. Regardless, with modern medicine, players have come back just fine after an ACL. He was injured in training camp which means he will have that full year recovery. Maclin had his best season after a year recovery from an ACL. I think the injury argument is bullshit if you ask me.

Torn
March 4th, 2015, 12:30 PM
He's had two ACL tears, and surgery to repair his hip before he suffered his second tear.

Fro
March 4th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Well it would seem that the trade was more about dumping McCoy's $10 million for 2015 than getting equal talent back in return, but Kiko seems legit and I agree that he should come back from the ACL tear and be fine. Sure you put injury risk on his valuation but he could be an elite LB making next to nothing. If I were an Eagles fan I'd be upset but I'd also be waiting for the other shoe to drop. If they sign a Suh or Revis or McCourty then you'll say yea it was a good move to free up space.

The Dolphins being the frontrunner for Suh is the new rumor.

Chris Dolmeth
March 4th, 2015, 1:06 PM
How's the Bills o-line? McCoy likes to dance at the line, so it needs to be strong. If Kiko is healthy, it's a good move by Philly. Hopefully Polk gets more of a chance.

Matthew
March 4th, 2015, 1:38 PM
we got richie incognito so we are the best

also matt cassel

superbowl

Chris Dolmeth
March 4th, 2015, 1:40 PM
Is EJ that bad? I mean, I know he wasn't good but shit.

Pablo Diablo
March 4th, 2015, 1:49 PM
Yeah he is that bad. Their d line is awesome though.

Fro
March 4th, 2015, 1:59 PM
Bills/Patriots just became a good option for opening night assuming these trades go through

Chris Dolmeth
March 4th, 2015, 2:13 PM
I don't think they'll do a division game. Otherwise they would have done Seattle vs SF.

PurePlayer
March 4th, 2015, 2:59 PM
Well it would seem that the trade was more about dumping McCoy's $10 million for 2015 than getting equal talent back in return, but Kiko seems legit and I agree that he should come back from the ACL tear and be fine. Sure you put injury risk on his valuation but he could be an elite LB making next to nothing. If I were an Eagles fan I'd be upset but I'd also be waiting for the other shoe to drop. If they sign a Suh or Revis or McCourty then you'll say yea it was a good move to free up space.

The Dolphins being the frontrunner for Suh is the new rumor.

I agree here. This frees up money to get both Maxwell and McCourty or two players at that level. They won't go after Suh due to character issues and Revis because of age. I think Maxwell and McCourty are their two biggest targets.

Also, if they don't sign Maclin for some reason they could go after a guy like Cobb or Crabtree.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2015, 4:10 PM
Philly is going after DeMarco Murray.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2015, 4:11 PM
I don't think they'll do a division game. Otherwise they would have done Seattle vs SF.

Yeah, they chose an NFC Championship preview over the shitty 49ers.

Chris Dolmeth
March 4th, 2015, 4:25 PM
Well no shit it turned out better. But going into the season, it was a rematch of the NFC Championship and was the reigning best rivalry in the NFL.

Kneeneighbor
March 4th, 2015, 4:31 PM
They did the Giants vs Cowboys in 2012 to open the season. Giants Redskins in 2008. Divisional games are on the table.

Also its not like New England has a great home schedule this year outside of the division.

Torn
March 4th, 2015, 5:01 PM
How's the Bills o-line? McCoy likes to dance at the line, so it needs to be strong. If Kiko is healthy, it's a good move by Philly. Hopefully Polk gets more of a chance.

One of the worst in the league, which obviously brings up the question if the cap space would have been better spent invested in the line as opposed to a running back they might not get the best out of. IMO they certainly didn't get the best out of Spiller but that also brings up issues with the play calling. They don't have a first round pick this year either.

Philly is going after DeMarco Murray.

Haha. Chip isn't handing out a large contract to any running back let alone after he just actively ditched one.

Matthew
March 4th, 2015, 7:56 PM
ahhh i see your point, torn.

counterpoint: fuck you

Chris Dolmeth
March 4th, 2015, 8:51 PM
Bu now you have Rex Ryan! He's dedicated.. He painted a Bills logo on his truck.

The Law
March 4th, 2015, 11:57 PM
I really don't like this trade for either team. I'm never in favor of being the buyer on running backs, I just don't see them having a ton of value in the NFL at this point. But it's also tough for the Eagles to trade one of the best backs in the league for a young linebacker coming off an injury. Shedding McCoy's contract could prove to be a great move if he breaks down (as running backs tend to) so I think there's probably more upside for the Eagles on that front.

Matthew
March 5th, 2015, 12:10 PM
yea well you are biased and dumb

Kdestiny
March 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Bills will be fine. McCoy still has 3-4 good years left at least. He is still 27.

PurePlayer
March 5th, 2015, 2:56 PM
He has 3-4 productive years in him. Not sure if he has pro bowl years left. Time will tell.

Fro
March 5th, 2015, 4:10 PM
Dude is 26 and people are acting like he's 30.

Kdestiny
March 5th, 2015, 4:28 PM
He is still young. People act like two years as a RB means the end, it really isn't. Same about AP and Revis too, they aren't old really.

Kdestiny
March 6th, 2015, 1:34 PM
Bye Brandon, have fun being a nuisance elsewhere.

PurePlayer
March 6th, 2015, 3:56 PM
Dude is 26 and people are acting like he's 30.

Running backs decline at 27. Look at Jones-Drew? The dude literally hit a wall after the best year of his career.

Rancid_Planet
March 6th, 2015, 5:09 PM
Bye Brandon, have fun being a nuisance elsewhere.
Hey if he decides that geno is his bestest buddy he might go out and catch 26 tds this year. Or on the other hand geno might sit in his spot at the lunch table forcing Brandon to run backwards on every snap with his eyes closed and hands behind his back.

Kdestiny
March 6th, 2015, 5:43 PM
Lots of angry Bears fans, but if he was the cause of a toxic environment then I can't help but agree with the move

Jimmy Zero
March 6th, 2015, 5:55 PM
I'm really not sad to see him go. He was hurt and fairly ineffective last season, was a total pain in the ass according to reports, and threw Cutler under the bus after the season. He's also 31 and has bad hips. I wish him the best of luck, and I'm glad he's gone. It's definitely a hit to the receiving core, but the draft looks fairly deep with WR and they still have Alshon and Bennett.

Rancid_Planet
March 6th, 2015, 8:41 PM
The draft is loaded on receivers yes. The bears should be fine without him. And that locker room needs another distraction like I need to remove my face from between Lana's asscheeks.

Chris Dolmeth
March 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Now the Beast is back.

Rancid_Planet
March 7th, 2015, 3:43 AM
Now the Beast is back.

Twelve million a year and I'm pretty sure it will be worth every penny.

hithit
March 7th, 2015, 4:16 AM
Running backs decline at 27. Look at Jones-Drew? The dude literally hit a wall after the best year of his career.

That is really not true at all. They usually break down after 30-31. I can't think of many running backs that are of McCoys caliber that broke down at 27.

The Law
March 7th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Clinton Portis might have made it to 28. Edgerrin James fell off a cliff at 28 (also coincided with him signing with Arizona). Shaun Alexander won the MVP at 28 and then stunk it up for a few years before retiring.

It's different for everybody, but I think they usually start declining around 27-28. There aren't a ton of guys who had a career year in those years or after. "Decline" doesn't mean they're finished, but for some guys the drop is that steep. Other guys can reinvent themselves or just miraculously keep going (Emmitt Smith continued to be productive into his 30s). Anybody could be the one to defy it, but more likely they're going to be another example of how cruel age is to running backs.

Kdestiny
March 7th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Matt Forte turns 30 this year and had one of the most overall productive seasons last year despite their offense playing like dog shit.

it is possible to get past 27. I think Shady still has some good left, but Buffalo will have to hem that offensive line if they want him to be able to give those years to them.

Percussion
March 7th, 2015, 12:24 PM
26 is the peak age for RB's (http://www.footballperspective.com/a-closer-look-at-running-back-aging-patterns-part-ii/)

http://www.footballperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/rb-aging.png